Reviews of La Casa de la Marquesa 5 stars

Madero 41 Centro, 76000 Querétaro, Mexico

#13 of 89 hotels in Querétaro

9.7

This hotel was charming and beautiful with an amazing location.

Saturday night there was a lot of noise in the street outside our room. When I return I will ask for a room on the other side.

This hotel was beautiful! Every inch is charming and the colonial details were elegant. The restaurant is delicious and the service was friendly. The live piano music was a nice addition to the beautiful parlor.

One-of-a-kind suites in a historic castle in the middle of old town Queretaro.
    • Suite Royal King Room

This is not just a luxury hotel. It's a piece of history! Many tours stop at the entrance to the hotel, and one evening I emerged to find a crowd listening to the story of the Mexican revolution. The rooms are spacious, and the breakfast was simple but delicious. The location was superb, right in the middle of the historic center. I highly recommend staying there!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

• Imperial Suite

Air conditioning was poor. No screens on windows let mosquitos in room. WiFi was poor. Few electric outlets. Hot water was not good one day of stay.

Loved it, very well located, great service, old antique atmosphere, would stay again.
    • Suite Royal King Room

I did not give it a full 10 because they clean the floors with petroleum or petroleum based cleaner and we had to air out the room. And because they wanted to charge us $20dls for an extra bed for my kid , when we booked it said 2 kids were free but we showed the reservation and setteled that.

This hotel has a great location right in the city center with a lot of museums, churches and dining at walkint distance, we walked to the tourbus in 5 minutes, it is an old mansion with a lot of history, and decorated with old furniture and looks from the 19th century. The experience I wanted for my kids. And I thought the price was great.

Historic, Centric & Luxurious: Excellent!!
    • Imperial Suite Two Queen Beds

This is my go to place in Queretaro, it never fails, valet parking, free, wonderful, generous breakfast, and the most enchanting atmosphere filled with lushly historic furnishings and decorations...like going back in time. Live piano music every morning from 9-12. Just exquisite.

Great place in downtown
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

Nothing really, it would be great though if breakfast was included with the reservation.

The place is an old "casona" and it looks great, the location is the best thing about as it is in downtown where museums and attractions are at a walking distance.

Great place to stay and enjoy this beautiful city

Nothing relevant.

Overall it was a pleasant and relaxing stay. Staff is super helpful and concerned about how everything was going in my stay. Stayed in Cristobal Colon room, magnifique room and the jacuzzi is pretty awesome (we really enjoyed our private space).

Great & Authentic Historic Archetecture. Street Noise, bar closes too early but I would stay again.
    • Imperial Suite Two Queen Beds

Too noisy, Coffee at 6 am rather than 7:30am. Bar open until 11 or 12. it would be wonderful to enjoy the lounge / lobby area with a drink from 9 to midnight..so peaceful...but it is closed),

La Casa de la Marquesa is a fantastic boutique hotel with historic & authentic architecture and décor. Excellent and easy walk to Centro district square w/ multiple churches, great restaurants, and plenty of shops. The down side is it is a little pricey, the bar closes much too early (9ish: it would be wonderful to enjoy the lounge / lobby area with a drink from 9 to midnight..so peaceful...but it is closed), and the street noise from trash pick up, trucks, and opening and closing steel gates and doors is crazy loud during the week days.

I would definately stay here again!
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

It is a 300 hundred year old Mansion.... So expect that not every single thing is perfectly modern.... Staying here is a privelege that I was grateful for.... No complaints at all

Amazingly Beautiful Historic Mansion! I feel privileged to have stayed there! Pictures do not do the building justice! It is that amazing.. Staff was incredibly friendly!

The hotel is lovely. Worth visiting. The waiters were super nice and the food was really good.
    • Suite Royal King Room

The hotel only has valet parking. We asked for our car to be at the door at 5:30 am because we had an early flight. At 5:50 I found the guy who was supposed to go get our car sleeping. We woke up because I kept calling the front desk over an over from my phone. He went to get the car and brought the wrong one. Finally another man showed up and got our car. We left the hotel 50 minutes late. We had to rush like crazy not miss our flight.

The hotel’s history is super interesting plus it’s incredibly beautiful. It’s location couldn’t be better.

Una estancia muy placentera
    • Imperial Suite

Nothing. Por favor no cambien nada!

Beautiful historic building, perfect location for exploring the Centro histórico. Elegant, spacious room. Every member of the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us.

I felt like the wealthiest guy in town staying there.
    • Imperial Suite

The 16 foot ceilings meant the AC cannot get the room ice cold like some folks prefer. I never ran the AC as the room was cool enough daytime for me. The high ceilings achieved a pleasant temperature by design.

This is not an American style hotel. It is a room in a historic mansion. A TV but no mini fridge. But otherwise eye-poppingly luxurious.

We won't be going back.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Whole place seemed chopped up. Extra steps became tripping traps. Lights in hallway on electric eye, BUT you had to trip over a step and fall into the hall for the light to go on. Bathtub wedged into 3 sided alcove, BUT the back of the tub, with the sloping side was the only way in, making getting in out out a real problem for a 4' 11" woman. Staff spoke virtually NO English so there was constant misunderstanding, even with 3 staff trying to make sense of English. Like day one coffee was provided with continental breakfast, but tea was extra. Next day both tea and coffee were OK. Day one, all three breakfasts on the menu were "included," but day 2 only one, and day 3 only two were included even with the same menu. In short, we never knew what what to expect. Emanuel, at the main desk who helped us at the end of our stay, was the very best, and made the whole experience OK. In short, before meeting him we made the decision to shorten our 6 day stay to only 4. And the other couple we traveled with were equally unhappy with the experience.

Near town center

wrong room
    • Imperial Suite

Every Room is unique. I booked a certain room with terrace and Jacuzzi but ended up getting a complete different room without terrace and without Jacuzzi. When I pointed out the mistake and requested the correct room I was given first multiple lies and even after proofing my claim I ended up not getting the booked room.

Nice Antike Hotel

Lovely historic home but I would not stay there again.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Steep climb to third floor, noise from the Centro at night, decor was dreary and dark, service very slow in restaurant.

Convenient location, comfortable bed, lovely patio.

I'm not a 'gusher', but it really was a little bit of heaven. Staff could not have been kinder.
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

My only suggestion is to clarify all details (price, time allotment, overtime) with both hotel AND the specific tour operator when booking excursions. I THOUGHT we did this, but Clarify, and then clarify again. Concierge did his best to make things right.

The food was so delicious and the waitress (Yvonne) so engaging, we ended up eating breakfast there everyday. They also serve fantastic shrimp tacos. The room was exquisite and ambiance perfect. They had a pianist and a violinist there throughout the weekend and the music choices were wonderful. Emmanuel (one of the concierges) especially helpful. Cleaning staff wonderful. Muchas gracias y hasta luego!!

Beautiful fantastic hotel. Double check you are getting the room you are paying for.
    • Imperial Suite Two Queen Beds

I had a problem with the room I reserved, I reserved an imperial suite and was given a royal suite. They have two queen beds in each catagory of each room. It is posted clearly on their web site and on booking sites. We showed them our reservation, a picture of it and a picture of our room. They then said the picture of the reserved room was the presidential suite and ours was the imperial. Clearly not true. Upgrade offered too late. Leaving next morning. Not an upgrade anyway. We paid $80 over the actual cost of the room we were in. We loved the room but that’s not the point. Double talk.

The hotel is a spectacular historic,place. It is opulent. It is like walking into a fairy tale. I love that sort of ambience. The ceilings are huge. It feels very private though you are right next to everything in the historic district.

Amazing historical architecture and design plus very spacious

Everything is great

The space in these rooms are amazing. The decoration and style are like walking through a museum. The location is right next to street where cars pass by so it makes it easy to access once you get off the taxi.

Beautiful building, not the most comfortable hotel.
    • Imperial Suite

I understand the historical importance of the setting but the bed we had was very hard and "squeeky". The Wi-Fi was very slow and sometimes non-existent.

It is a beautiful building! It's set right in the center of Queretaro. Great for couples! The staff was friendly and helpful. They even let us check in extra early after a 15 hour flight.

The property is beautiful and very clean.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Person checking is out not very friendly. Didn’t greet us. Had to ask for receipt.

The property is beautiful and very clean. Truly historic and staff is very friendly.

Fantastic place in historic part of town. Highly recommend.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Internet in our room was very weak. Sat out in the upstairs sitting area overlooking the grand room downstairs where internet was great, seats were comfortable and atmosphere was terrific.

Very comfortable bed. Nice view onto quiet street. Beautiful antique furnishings and stunning lobby area.

Beautiful building
    • Imperial Suite

The internet was not working well in the room, poorly in the lobby, and not at all in the breakfast area. I was there for work so this was essential. Not many options in the American breakfast and a lot of inconcistencies in the breakfast (some days they would not bring bread at all, some days the bakery items were not fresh, some days the bread was not warm). There was a lot of noise from the (American) music playing until late; staff talking in the lobby; cleaning the lobby in the morning; and the street. There are a lot of tourists coming in to see the building but it can be uncomfortable knowing that there are non-guests wondering outside the room. Some rooms do not have windows so if you like natural light or are claustrophobic this would be an issue.

Beautiful historic building. Very clean and at walking distance to restaurants, museums, cafes. The receptionist was kind enough to give me one extra hour to check-out.

The place has such splendid you feel like a palace.
    • Suite Royal King Room

The Wi-Fi did not reach my room at all

The place has such splendid you feel like a palace. The furniture and the details in my bedroom made me feel like spending a night at a museum hall.

A place not to miss!

English speaking at the restaurant (or at least some efforts) would have been appreciated. We could speak French, German, English but unfortunately no Spanish!

We enjoyed the style and history. what a fabulous jewel!

Stunning building and rooms
    • Suite Royal King Room

the breakfast incl was the worst I had in whole Mexico...I could only choose scrambled egs fruit or yogurt that was it...

The building and location is great

Dream Vacation in An Enchanted Hotel
    • Suite Royal King Room

They did not have a exercise room and the shuttle service from the airport should be free a complementary to all guest especially when your stay is 10days. They should include complementary breakfast

Great hotel. The staff very friendly

Dream Vacation in An Enchanted Hotel
    • Suite Royal King Room

I would like to share with everybody that the Hotel Casa de la Marquesa is a Beautiful Place to stay, not only the architectural is beautiful and the decoration but the people too. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Located in the center of Queretaro, its in perfect walking distance to all the historic places that make Queretaro an enchanted place.

It is a beautiful setting in a georgeous house. Unfortunately the small hospitality details fall sho
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

Front desk staff slightly indifferent.Not what you need in the hospitality business. Room door was not secure.(We stayed in Reyes Catholica) Beds and pillows were basic comfort. No guest information....you had to figure it out. No visitor information , especially in English. Piano players at 9AM Sunday morning.What if you wanted to sleep. Lights for reading in bed not sufficient.

The hotel is in a beautiful House. It is a beautiful setting. The head waiter was excellent.

Classy, historical building for a comfortable stay in the heart of Queretero
    • Suite Royal King Room

The bed was a bit firm, but that is my universal complaint with hotels in Mexico. I assume the valet service is great, but due to one way streets, road construction, and a parade, we could not drive within two blocks of the hotel. We parked our car on the street and walked there.

The large size of the room and historical decor was great. The breakfast was fantastic, it was very nice to eat in the historically decorated dining room, and the live pianist on Sunday morning was classy and entertaining.

Live some history at La Casa de la Marquesa!
    • Imperial Suite Two Queen Beds

The A/C was a little bit sketchy. The room was difficult to keep below 75 (and this is not the hottest part of the year)

Great location in the historic center of the city. The mansion is restored to perfection. Great staff and clean, elegant rooms.

Excellent like staying in a Palace
    • Imperial Suite Two Queen Beds

The young lady who served at breakfast spoke excellent English and was very helpful but some of the older men were rather overbearing.

The hotel is an historic building beautifully renovated. OUr room was huge with lovely furniture. Beds very comfortable and good bathroom amenities. The location is excellent lively and right in the centre and close to attractions, bars and restaurants.

Highly recommend this beautiful colonial hotel.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Late night noise from other guests coming into their rooms. People outside congregated on the corner very late and were noisy because we were in a room facing the street. Someone from the hotel came out an took care of the issue. Appreciated their concern for their customers sleep.

A beautiful colonial hotel. Spacious room. Nice bathrooms and the staff was very friendly. Enjoyed room service promptness.

Horrible noisy experience, stay away!
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

Place is not suited for a hotel, it's extremely noisy, you can hear everything in the rooms, the rooms don't seem safe the door you can break open easily, part of the staff was not friendly. They had a party in the lobby from 8pm until midnight with nightclub music so could'nt get any rest. If you're looking for comfort stay away!!

Arquitecture and location is great, that's the only nice things about that hotel.

Beautiful mansion in the center of the historic district of Queretaro City.
    • Suite Royal King Room

It was hot. The "air conditioning" was an ancient swamp-cooler. My room was between 78-80 degrees. VERY difficult to sleep. A ceiling fan would have made all the difference in the world.

Incredible building. My room was beautiful and really was a step back in history.

Beautiful place.
    • Suite Royal King Room

The wi-fi in the room didn't work at all , very frustrating .

Location and the hotel history and arquitechure are amazing . Also we really enjoy the piano player at the lobby , we love it. Thanks.

Antique hotel, pricey though
    • Suite Royal King Room

Staff did not offer welcome drink included for genius rate, it is a pricey hotel without coffee supplement in my room.

The design of the whole facility is great and the room has a balcony

Beautiful but outdated hotel, needs updating, better staff.
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

AC didn't work properly Staff unfriendly and indifferent Lobby music a little overwhelming at times.

Location is excellent, close to shops, restaurants, sights.

Experience the beauty of baroque in Querétaro
    • Suite Royal King Room

There is noise from the late-night strollers along the walk.

The hotel is a unique and memorable home or casona restored to the smallest detail. Every room is different and beautifully furnished. It sits on a charming walkway. The cooling in the rooms is air conditioning. Menu pricing is very reasonable. I definitely recommend this hotel as a special event.

Very nice hotel for the money, Ill stay there again for sure.
    • Suite Royal King Room

The staff was somewhat indifferent, seemed like they were a little burned out. No "good morning", no "how are you".

I like the decoration the most, plus a nice private patio.

A room like that of a king. Truly amazing
    • Suite Royal King Room

Would be nice to include breakfast and for the room to be cleaned every day.stayed two nights and they did not tidy up the room and did not replace the water bottles and that is all there is to drink.

Very new nice room for the money. Room like that of a king

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Una maravilla
    • Suite Royal King Room

Beautiful historic building, perfect location for exploring the Centro histórico. Elegant, spacious rooms. Every member of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Old building in the middle of the downtown.
    • Suite Royal King Room

I have requested flowers in my room. They could not supply them I also requested a bottle of champagne, but they only supplied a cheap sparkling white wine The is not room service The quality of the restaurant is quite standard

Old building in the middle of the downtown. Everything smells like old time, given the memories of the 18th or 19th century The ground floor is awesome. The luxury of this hotel is part of an old house

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Beautiful rooms, very spacious and decorated in the colonial...
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

Beautiful rooms, very spacious and decorated in the colonial style. A truly architectural jewel inside and out. Fantastically situated. We were treated excellently!

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

We reserved two rooms, only one room was available.
    • Suite Royal King Room

We reserved two rooms, only one room was available. Staff was not very interested in helping us with that and came up with a lame excuse why the second room was not available. From the moment, I mentioned that I booked via booking.com, staff was rude. I had a totally different experience when I stayed at the hotel 2 years ago. Also, Wifi was extremely slow.

Extraordinary architecture!

Extraordinary architecture!

Wonderful stay at this totally historic place in a central location

A bit formal , rooms need updating.

Location and historic ambience

just magical!!!!

we loved it alllll

everything was prefect!! just a magical experience. the place was beautiful and will highly recoomend. very very clean!!!

Beautiful hotel, delicious breakfast, clean, lovely staff

Beautiful hotel, delicious breakfast, clean, lovely staff

The arquitecture of the building and the location is amazing.
    • Imperial Suite

No iron available, the safe in the room didn’t work.

The arquitecture of the building and the location is amazing.

There is something wrong in restaurant
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

our breakfast expierance was terrible! T

I will hold gratitude in my heart for this hotel and it’s workers.

Only positive comments!

Walking into a dream. A place to imagine colonial life, with your own private chapel.

Beautiful rooms.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Beautiful rooms. Special property. Well worth a splurge.

A perfect stay!
    • Imperial Suite

Beautiful historical building in perfect central location! My room was spotlessly clean and comfortable! I loved my private roof terrace!

Lovely hotel in a lovely city

Lovely hotel in a lovely city

Majestic building, great location

Breakfast was disappointing

Majestic building, great location

Interesting, friendly but uncomfortable beds.
    • Imperial Suite

Bad, expensive food but in middle of historic Centro and close to many restaurants Very poor wifi

Historic location and architecture

Good location but needs updating

Internet not working and lack of electrical outlets in room.

Location and historic building

Perfect hotel in perfect location in the historic center of town. Quiet, clean, safe.

Bed was uncomfortable.

Location, location, location. Historic hotel well maintained and furnished beautifully. Room was spacious.

A true recommendation!
    • Suite Royal King Room

An amazing room, right back in history in an amazing building with a super super comfy bed, situated perfectly.

Magnificent hotel, great location, great staff.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Magnificent hotel, great location, great staff.

No hot water

No hot water

Queretaro hotel
    • Suite Royal King Room

A little noise from the street

It's a gorgeous house in the historic center

Extreme luxury in a beautifully restored and maintained 300-year-old palace.
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing that I did not like.

The hotel is incredible. It is literally a palace.

Very colonial and unique hotel. I would recommend it.
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

Everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Nice, but the hotel cuisine is really bad!!
    • Imperial Suite

FOOD IS REALLY TERRIBLE!!!

The properyis very nice and clean. Great location

This property is a Great place to stay.
    • Suite Royal King Room

Wi-Fi did not wok out well.

Excellent Location.

This hotel is in a really good location and is absolutely...
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

This hotel is in a really good location and is absolutely beautiful!!

Beautifull Architecture from the past
    • Suite Royal King Room

Great architectures looks like you stay in a small castle.

Very comfortable stay
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

Location location location. Beautiful hotel. Good a/c large comfortable king bed. Great staff.

Staff, location, building
    • Imperial Suite

The bathtub not working properly, bed was super squeaky, lights not working.

Staff, location, building

Very nice antique house.

Very nice antique house.

The best place to stay in a villa and feel like local. Really Beautiful place !!!

This place is so cute and nice. We were celebrating the "Quinceañera" of my daughter and were so pleased to find this beautiful hotel.

Old and beautiful.

Old and beautiful.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Beautiful hotel
    • Suite Royal with Two Queen Beds

The food at the restaurant. The parking offered is a block away.

The ambience... the place is really beautiful. Our room was quiet and cool.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017