Reviews of LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro 3 stars

Avenida Pino Suarez Sur 1001, Monterrey Centro, 64000 Monterrey, Mexico

#42 of 97 hotels in Monterrey

I ask a dinner, the dinner includes beans, but the beans...
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

I ask a dinner, the dinner includes beans, but the beans smell bad. In the morning we went to take a breakfast, and the same issue, the beans smell bad and the taste was bitter, I think was past due. I said to the waiter, but he did´t do anything about it.

Nice and comfortable stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Parking is very tiny. It’s in the basement and no elevator to the rooms. You have to go upstairs to the lobby and then get the elevator.

The property was nicely staffed. Breakfast was delicious and always well stocked.

Best place to stay with the price range. There is a 24 hours 7-eleven store right across the street!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The Breakfast buffet is just perfect!!! Great late night food service for people with jetlag! Because of my jet lag I ordered at 3am in the morning and they delivered within 15 mins. They even refunded my money as I had to checkout 2 days before. 10/10 rating from my side.

It is our favorite place to stay in Monterrey
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. There is one person who works in the restaurant, her name is Nancy, she is the most customer service oriented person . This is not the first time we receive this service. She is very helpful and she is always wanting to serve everybody during the breakfast. Thumbs up for her

Worst stay I have ever had. Everything was wrong
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Staff was rude all around. Mattress cover sheets were for a twin, not a king.AC wasn't cold.Towels look dirty or very old.They don't offer 24/7 room service as advertised.

The location of the hotel was close to downtown but that's about it

Clean, comfy, nothing out of ordinary
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

Hotel was ok, it was more expensive than watch booking charge us, and the room was clean and comfy but there were not enough towels, the ones that we had seen very old, no hand towel or floor towel for the bathroom ( after showering the bathroom was a mess).

Location is ok, is relatively close to a lot of plazas (taxi or Uber distance, not walking). Is better to stay at Barril Antiguo, there is a lot of restaurants and parks at a walking distance.

Monterrey business trip
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

To many single men staying at this hotel makes women feel uncomfortable. Breakfast buffet could be a bit better. It took to.long for someone to offer me coffee.

Very clean, staff is very helpful

The view and that everything is close that you don’t need to...
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

The water in pool was dirty and breakfast was not that good.

The view and that everything is close that you don’t need to drive, downtown is just 2 blocks away👍🏻👌🏻😊

Extremely Pleased

Everything was great!

I liked everything about the property. The staff, the rooms, the location and even the restaurant. I will definitely keep coming back as I have been for the past year and a half. I will also recommend it to everyone who comes to Monterrey.

Here is not good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The indoor pool was very cold. Also jacuzzi was, too. And the towel was not white color (a little bit dirty)

Breakfast was good. The location was good

Comfortable cheap stay in prime location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

- The room did not have a sofa as described, but it was not needed anyway. - The elevators are a bit rickety at times, and once the middle elevator did not stop level with the lobby floor. I stumbled awkwardly as I exited since I was talking to my friend and didn't look down to notice the 6 inch height difference between the elevator floor and lobby floor. The brooding doorman investigated after eyeing us suspiciously, and the problem seemed to be fixed by the time we returned to the hotel. - The coffee at breakfast was pretty bad. - When we checked in, the weather had just plummeted from the 60°s and low 70°s to a high of 28°. The wall heater did not work. We changed rooms. It did not work. An hour later, they found us a room in the 2nd floor with a newer wall heater that worked well. We lost our 5th floor view, but it was worth it. - The walls are thin and conversations in the next rooms can be heard. During the week, fewer people were here and it was quiet, but on Saturday, it was a bit loud. - The huge open lobby and even larger dining room area was very cold. In the morning at breakfast, I overheard one of the managers talking to maintenance about the (lack of) heat, so I know they were trying to fix it, but it never improved during the 5 days I was there during the first week of January. - The lobby music was pretty loud and consisted of '80s pop tunes. "Kyrie Eleison" and "Don't You forget About Me", etc. I like '80s, but musac-style-Kenny-G '80s is almost a surreal experience when you're in Mexico. - Taxi and Uber drivers seemed to have a hard time finding it. The address is Pino Suarez Sur, but the cross street it faces is Ocampo. Tell your drivers Pino Suarez y Ocampo. *Side note: Monterrey is an example of a city of UNplanned progress. A plethora of one way streets force drivers to go around several huge blocks to get to you (throughout the city).

I stayed at a discounted price after watching for sales. The regular price is still a good deal for this hotel, all things considered. It has been recently renovated (Dec) and I feel it is now better than most of the La Quinta hotels in the US. - The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the macroplaza through mostly small businesses and shopping strips. The brand name store strip begins one block from the hotel on Padre Mier. The flea markets can be found 4 blocks away on avenida 5 de Mayo. - The hotel WiFi was ok,and mostly consistent. The lobby computers were pretty good. - I thought the breakfast buffet (included) was very good. From 6:30am to 9am, there was: - coffee, orange juice, jimaica, horchata - muffins, bread to toast, - fruit, 4 yogurts, toppings - 8 - 10 different hot dishes: scrambled eggs, eggs mixed with meat or tomatoes and onions, chilaquiles (red and green), potatoes (papas), refried beans, mini quesadillas, various meat dishes - There is an omelette / gordita / quesadilla station with a cook standing by to make personalized dishes for 65 pesos ($4). - Breakfast staff was friendly and quick to remove used dishes. - The dining area is large with enough tables to easily accommodate a fully booked hotel on weekends. During the week, there were few other people at breakfast before 8:30am. -A separate bar / cantina area serves happy hour drinks and food for reasonable prices. - The beds and pillows were soft and comfortable. - The newly renovated lobby was elegant, but very purple. I love purple, so I thought it was beautiful. - There's a REALLY good taco truck (con un trombo de pastor) a block away by the Pizza Hut and Oxxo. I am not ashamed to admit that we ate there 3 times. I would stay here again if I returned to Monterrey.

There were some problem with the boiler, and the staff did their very best to comfort the clients.
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

There was no hot water on my last day, and I got fever from showering in the cold.

The staff were really friendly and cared about the clients. They offer excellent service and try to solve your problem instantly.

The food.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The heating was making a horrible sound, so we had to turn it off after a while, therefore we had to be a little cold, plus the batteries on the remote were empty, and we only received one key card.

The food.

Good value for the money.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

There is a construction site next to the hotel. Because of that it's always noisy. During my stay they were also working through the night.

The breakfast was very good. Also the location close to the centre of Monterrey and Barrio Antiguo. The parking for hotel guests is free.

A horrible nightmare.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The hotel was messy and dirty at many spots, hot water was not available during the stay, so we couldnt take a bath, we had to go dirty and smelly to a family member's funeral, then, when we asked for a compensation, the staff just rudely said: "there arent any compensations, bad luck my friend". The breakfast was horrible, we had to buy something at a convenience store before the funeral. Overall, the bedroom and the bathroom were horrible as well. I wont ever go back to that hell hole in my life.

The updated hotel decoration.

Power went out had to stay 2 days and had no ac or power for 1 day 1/2
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

The fact that the power ran out for a day and a half there was no a/c for most part of my stay i have a baby and was struggling since the room was soo hot. Cant believe these hotels dont have back up power or why they took so long to get the peoblem fix... then they moved us to a diferent hotel 30 mins from where the first one was.. i choose that hotel because was so close to where i had to go.. very disapointed plus the lady told me she was not going to charge me for the second room. And she said it was fine.. bt then she cancelled the other room as if i requested and i was charged a cancelation fee, due to the power problems she told me it was courtesy of the hotel

Location quite ok.
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Check in took forever and was rude. Final price was much higher due to extremely high exchange rate charged. Rooms are old and have been renovated only slightly.

Location quite ok. Check out was very smooth. Just dropping off card.

Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The breakfast buffet must have different selection then just repeated ones.

What I liked was that restaurant had control of the people eating without being rude to the people.

some good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

hotel dirty, cleaning room to late by day, no variety in breakfast, people in reception so slow, a lot time for check in 1 hour o more

room comfortable

Service & Facilities needs improvement
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Although I have stayed there through high season (Nathional Olimpic Games) , hotel was fully booked - service was slow and breakfast was poor. If they would like to book big groups +100 guest, they should have different schedules and services for those. I honestly expected more from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Renovated business hotel in the city centre of Monterrey
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

We stayed at this hotel while the national (Mexican) olympics took place. Our hotel was one of the designated hosts for the hundreds of youngsters participating in the competitions. Plenty of noisy teenagers all over. One of the Ironman competitions also was held at the time of our stay at this hotel. Thus, restaurant was crowded and breakfast buffet insufficient.

Location was good, however, May is one of the hottest months of the year in Monterrey and walking to and from the hotel was really difficult. Streets around this hotel are wide and crossing them required an extra effort. View from room was nice, though.

The location was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Breakfast is included but isnt good.you have to pay extra money if you want a cup of tea. Hotel was really crowded. People sitting down and talking in the halls at night not allowing to have a good night sleep. Not good.

The location was good.Bed confortable.

The location is excellent, within walking distance of...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

You have to pay extra at breakfast for omelets and have to ask for bread as an extra.

The location is excellent, within walking distance of Macroplaza and Barrio Antiguo. The beds were very comfortable, and the room very clean.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

MS & MG
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

I would like a little more variety in the breakfast.

I have stayed at this location on several occasions because the staff, for the most part, have been very friendly and accommodate my stay in the best way possible.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Here is where you need to be in Monterrey
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

The room was spotless and stylish. The bed was sooo wonderfully comfortable. The shower was divine. Breakfast was amazing. Sergio (the Bartender) was so hospitable and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

bad receptionist behavior

The receptionist was rude. He was looking oddly to me and my wife. He asked me if stayed there last week. I said no, but he asked me to pay for it. I told him it may be some other person. What a weird behavior! He was extremely rude. There were plates out of many rooms overnight. No one picked it up.

We liked continental food and room.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Twoxtw travelling Mexico

I did ask for the mountain view side, but I am sure no one reads the requests on booking .

The bed is really comfortable, the shower sensational, Wifi is excellent. Breakfast was interesting.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Excellent, cann't wait for our next stay

Bathroom soap not very good. Leaves skin very dry after shower, even when applying lotion after bath.

Upon arrival, someone was at door to help with our luggage, and desk staff, JESUS, was very courteous and helpful with information on eateries and transit routes. Excellent breakfast, great coffee, staff and facility very clean, courteous, going out of their way to make you comfortable. Room was very clean, space excellent, bathroom very clean. Excellent maid service. Desk staff were very helpful, courteous and helped make arrangements for our return to bus station and stopped to let us do more shopping on the way. Are looking forward to our 2nd reservation in December.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The worst hotel in Monterrey, Mexico

This was the worst hotel I have stayed in in 11 years in Mexico. The breakfast was disgusting, the same food each day! When we asked about a menu staff were unhelpful and even said we don't have one. Front desk staff were miserable, a guy driving the hotel van made sure our Uber couldn't pick us up and I still have not received my fractura in my email.The swimming pool was half full of cold water and it was slimy. When I spoke to a manager he seemed indifferent but said he would check, nothing was done.Each day we had to ask for towels, soap etc!!! Service, there was none. I could have stayed at the Fiesta Inn for the same price and I am told it was excellent. Rather ironic, the La Quinta was formerly the Fiesta Inn. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The perfect place to stay in Monterrey

The nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Staff were professional and extremely friendly annd helpful. Food in restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Great sound-proofing as hotel is between 2 busy streets. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The only thing I didn't like was that they had the same...

The only thing I didn't like was that they had the same thing for breakfast everyday and if we wanted something else one has to pay which it should have been included and when one is staying for 2 weeks having the same thing gets tiring.

The staff is friendly, the rooms cleans and the breakfast is...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The staff is friendly, the rooms cleans and the breakfast is really good!! I recommend this hotel!!

I love this place in Monterrey
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Staff are always very friendly, Nancy at the Restaurant is superb. Ma Jose and Citlalic always make us feel at home

The beds
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The curtains don't close all the way but its ok

The beds

Location, good service
    • King Room - Microwave and Fridge

old fashioned, not being able to open the window

Location, good service

Pool seemed a little dirty

Pool seemed a little dirty

The breakfast
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The pool was dirty, the phone was not working, they didn’t clean my room.

The breakfast

Good hotel in Good location

no. it is very good

the room is very big.and the internet is very fast

Toallas Horribles y percudidas

Toallas Horribles y percudidas

Nice stay

Good bed good melt

Good bed good melt

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Not enough power outlets in the room

A excelent vacation

Hospitality

Food was horrible, breakfast was ok, but had diner there...
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Food was horrible, breakfast was ok, but had diner there once but never again!

Transport desporable

Great Place

Was excellent!!

Aircondition is very loud.
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Aircondition is very loud. Breakfast was not good. There were not enough towels in the room on the first day.

It's easy to forget the fact that you have to reactivate...
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

It's easy to forget the fact that you have to reactivate your key each day.

It was great and comfortable.

Breakfast buffet

• Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Lots of excuses just to get a ride on hotel bus.

Good

Staff and location are great

Clean.

Clean. Good price

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Location. Price. Breakfast 👍.

Value was good for location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Value was good for location. Good hotel.

Receive the invoice ASAP!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Receive the invoice ASAP!

It was good!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

Cleaning in the hallways.

The hotel is well located and it’s in the middle of local shops downtown and San Pedro.

Very good breakfast and very polite staff ;

The AC was noisy

Very good breakfast and very polite staff ; nice bed and clean bathroom

All

All

Bad function no air condicionado

Bad function no air condicionado

The location the rooms very spacious
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The staff did not come to you right away kinda rude

The location the rooms very spacious

No variety on breakfast

No variety on breakfast

I like the stalff
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

I didn't like seen so many man out side the hotel it made me feel very unsecured.

I like the stalff

Monterrey Trip
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

The lobby was dirty. Issues with the parking garage. Counter personnel not so friendly.

Liked the beds and the AC...

Was very comfy
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

I saw a couple of cockroaches

Was very comfy

Great place for the value
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The swimming pool was a little cloudy and unappetizing.

The location was very centric.

Save your money and book somewhere else

Horrible experience

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

The restaurant and tthe fitness room

Good size bedrooms

Parking

Good size bedrooms

Air conditioner dysfunction, no ice maker, too hot.
    • Habitación con cama extragrande y sofá

Air conditioner dysfunction, no ice maker, too hot.

Todo

Todo

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Very clean, pool area and gym were fine, breakfast was...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Microwave and Fridge

They don't have an elevator to go to the underground parking space

Very clean, pool area and gym were fine, breakfast was sufficient

Browse LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro traveller photo gallery