Reviews of Magic Blue Boutique Hotel 4 stars

10th Avenue, between 10th and 12th Street, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Mexico

#32 of 191 hotels in Playa del Carmen

Location is excellent, within walking distance to everything.
    • Superior King Room

Location is excellent, within walking distance to everything. The rooms are very clean and well kept. The staff always very helpful and nice. Good buffet for breakfast with lots of variety. The pool was beautiful and well kept. Because the hotel has a small number of rooms it doesn’t get crowded and you won‘t feel disturbed. Some noise from the street as the hotel is just right in front of the club coco bongo, but wasn’t much to keep us awake. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to my friends and family.

An oasi in the center of Playa
    • Superior King Room

The swimmingpool was a bit dirty and too warm.

Nice hotel with beautiful rooms each one with an hammock. A good choice in Playa to be calm still being in the very city center. Nice buffet breakfast.

Very nice hotel in central location
    • Superior King Room

Depending on the room it can get a little bit loud at night.

Nice pool. Breakfast was really good. Location is excellent. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Even though it is right next to 5th Avenue you will never...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mosquitoes and we did notice a few make up items missing from the room.

Even though it is right next to 5th Avenue you will never realise as the hotel is hidden gem among the palm trees. No noise distraction from the busy streets either. Nice pool area and each room comes with a hammock on the patio or balcony. Do make sure to bring a mosquito repellent as there are lots outside and they do get in the room as well.

• Superior King Room

Nothing really to mention as a dislike, we really enjoyed our stay!

Still doubting? Stop now and book away!! We stayed with our 10 month old baby and nothing but thumbs up for this place! It really lives up to the ‘Boutique’ experience. Just a small hotel with all the luxery expected, with a personal touch. Swimming pool has a nice size with very comfy beds. Great breakfast (Mexicans do have a sweet tooth). Staff all around was very helpful! From Angie at the front desk to housekeepers. Because lets face it, it’s not always a given that housekeepers contribute to the holiday vibe! And yes, Angie deserves mentioning because she is so flexible to meet all your needs! Traveling with a baby is quite a challenge, this hotel made it easy!

קטסטרופה ראו הוזהרתם
    • Superior King Room

The only reason that Iam giving 1/5 its that I cant give 0.. If your are looking for the worst hotel ever please invite this hotel. I realy dont know where to begin.. The smell of mildew Combined with bleach. The refrigerator dirty.there is very bad smell to the Water in the shower,the towels are old and torned. The sink in the middle of the room and Full of lime and rust. And the worst part for us was breakfast, a shocking breakfast and poor service, no waiter helping, cold coffee and the place where filthy omelets are made. We were supposed to sleep in the room for 6 nights and we asked to leave after two nights, fortunately we got the money back. Reception reception was simply impatient. I did not use any product from the fridge. They wanted me to pay for two cans of beer. Needless to say, I did not use them, and not only were they missing but there were two other ones in the place (probably a mistake of the staff) if you want to pay for a hotel and get a terrible hostel with Stunning service and abdominal problems Please book the hotel. The only good things its the Location.but the location bring you to another problem ,the The noise all over the night but hii,The refrigerator is noisy and the air conditioner is dripping and making a loud noise all night long, they will gove you a Seals. They told my Iam the first one ever that complainant,Ihope i will be the last. The last thing is that I know for sure that I saw my hat NY red Hat in my suitcase room whan I arive to the next hotel its not have been there , after I hearing from frinde that some one there stole is money few weeks ago Be careful

Perfect stay!

Everything was good

The staff is extremely helpful! We got a really nice room and it was clean. The breakfast is really good, not those buffets where everything is cheap, this one was delicious! After we checked out they let us hang around in the pool to cool down, that was very very amazing. The best!

Lovely hotel
    • Superior King Room

Room needs a desk or small table, we didn't have a place to have a meal in the room or at least where to put a laptop. The water pressure needs improvement.

Beautiful pool and atmosphere. Hotel is like an oasis in PDC. Breakfast is really good, lots of different choices. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bed was really comfortable.

We loved our stay in Magic Blue! Hope to stay again soon!
    • Superior Triple Room

Apparently it is normal to have the hot water set to 60 F in tropical areas, but the staff very graciously cranked it up to our normal 120 F on request. Heads up: The hotel is right across the street from the famous Coco Bongo club, so the intersection can get really hectic on weekend nights. The noise was not an issue on the property, though, as the club is enclosed and not open air. About Playa Del Carmen: the beaches have an uncomfortable amount of seaweed, but we found a private beach with plenty of services that was 20 mins away (towards Akumal/Tulum), and is AMAZING----XPU-HA. :-)

Really liked this hotel for the island style, beautiful gardens and pool, close to tourist activities and excellent staff. Staff was also very responsive via email prior to our trip in helping us get transportation from the airport. When asked for a recommendation where to get lingua tacos, Manuel at the poolside bar, blew us away by making some for us the next day!! What a HERO!!

We had the best time
    • Superior King Room

Maybe a little too close from Coco bongo but you are in playa del Carmen not in a church so we knew it

Very nice hotel in center city, For friends, couples and families, Very good breakfast, We had an amazing time.

We stayed in 5 different hotels in Playa and so far this has...
    • Superior King Room

We didn’t find anything we disliked.

We stayed in 5 different hotels in Playa and so far this has been the best. Everything super clean, new, nice staff and an very very comfortable bed. Also, even though it is in a great centric location we didn’t hear any noises. Would recommend and repeat.

Enjoyed magic blue hotel
    • Superior King Room

At night it could be noisy outside on the street. The possibility to buy some ice cream would be nice. On the streets there are a lot guys who try to sell you something or lure you in their shops. (just say no and proceed)

The beautiful swimming pool area and personal balcony were perfect. It's also a good area within the city, nearby the shopping street but not too close by (200m walk). There are a lot of things to do in the neighbourhood: shopping, eating, the beach is nearby, the ferry to Cozumel for snorkling is close by... The staff was very friendly!

Mediocre stay
    • Superior King Room

I would avoid using the taxis that are recommended or called by the hotel, they will rip you off big time. You're better off getting your own taxi a block or two away. Also the bathroom smelt of sewage the whole time.

Great pool and comfy bed.

My partner and I had an amazing stay at Magic Blue.
    • Superior King Room

Nothing. I loved everything and will definitly recommend this resort.

The location is absolutly perfect. This resort is stunning. You feel like in an oasis with the lush palm trees, the birds singing, the chalet type huts with hammac on each balcony and off couse the blue swimming pool and its bar. My partner and i stayed 5 nights, we would have stayed longer. We loved it. The staff is very, attentive and friendly. We dont speak spanish. The receptionnist is bilingual and other staff are very accommodating. Our room was clean, the ac was very silent, i loved the super king size bed. The buffef breakfast offers a variety of mexican and continental foods. I had something different everyday. There s a lady who makes live omelettes and the waffles are delicious. Spending time on a lounge chair by the pool with a frozen margarita was my favourite thing to do.

Disappointing.
    • Superior King Room

Overall cleanliness, the pool particularly was less than hygienic... The bed was super uncomfortable and the breakfast was mediocre.

On first glance, this looked like a lovely hotel but all was very superficial. The location was fine.

Location is good, beach towels
    • Superior King Room

Mosquito infested rooms, and I confirmed this with other guests, our room was small and very dirty, the house keeping never dusted our room, nor did they clean all the dead mosquitoes on the walls left by other guests prior to us entering the room. The breakfast voucher procedure is silly, their orange juice tastes watered down and generally it’s low quality, parking is another headache, and they don’t give you an invoice when you check out, you have to compile a form and send it to an email they provide you, say what!?!?. Never again!!

Location is good, beach towels

Amazing hotel, exceeded our expectations! Beautiful, great location, definitely stay here again!
    • Superior King Room

Nothing we didn't like, it was amazing!

Beautiful hotel, very clean, quiet at night times, attentive staff and extremely helpful with any request we had during our stay. Great location, very close to lots of restaurants and bars and only steps away from 5th Avenue! Would definitely stay at this location again, it was our first time in Mexico and couldn't recommend this hotel enough! Amazing stay!

Really nice pool area and garden, feels like you are in the...
    • Superior King Room

Interior design of the rooms could be a bit updated. Also mosquito measurements are needed, we had multiple in our room every night.

Really nice pool area and garden, feels like you are in the jungle. A lot of variety at the breakfast. Nice bed. Silent and good working airco. Nice cocktails at happy hour. Average food.

The hotel was very nice and centrally located.
    • Superior King Room

We did not have hot water for the entire stay, only slightly warm water. Not what you expect when you arrive after a really long flight and you want to relax.

The hotel was very nice and centrally located. The breakfast was phenomenal.

Exactly like the photos, really has that tropical boutique...
    • Superior Triple Room

The one staff member who wasn’t up to the hotels 5* level customer service was the bartender, however he just been having a long night.

Exactly like the photos, really has that tropical boutique feeling & very central.

Great hotel would recommend.
    • Superior King Room

The shower was a massive let down. It took 10 minutes for hot water to come out plus the pressure was terrible.

Absolutely perfect in every way (except the shower). Great location and fantastic staff. Will be returning!!

Amazing oasis in Playa del Carmen if it weren't for the noise at night
    • Master Suite

The noise around the hotel was unbearable until 4am. It's right in the middle of all the nightclubs and I was unable to sleep so had to check out a day early and move to another resort. Luckily reception was very helpful and professional about it and made every effort to refund my second night. When I made the booking for some reason the complete list of reviews was not available on booking.com and I only had access to a handful of only the best reviews, shows how valuable those additional reviews are when choosing a place to stay. I would recommend this place if you stay up late partying as it's right next to Coco Bongo and several other nightclubs. Parking is not at the resort, it's a public parking facility two blocks away and costs 200 pesos per day. The coffee in the room is not free neither is the bottled water next to it.

I got a suite with a balcony which was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The hotel has a beautiful garden and a great pool, an oasis in the midst of Playa del Carmen. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made every effort to make my stay worthwhile.

We would certainly stay here again.
    • Superior King Room

Room service could have replenished the espresso cups automatically. The front desk on our morning checkout could have been helpful in assisting with finding us change in order for us to leave a tip to staff!

Magic Blue has lovely garden ambiance in the heart of town, ideal location to restaurants, shopping and ferry, collectivos, taxis. Rooms have private outdoor deck, with view of pool, expresso machine + fridge.

It was fine!
    • Superior Triple Room

I think the rooms are a little small. There is no working desk for people who are on business or need to work on their computers. The hot water didn't work so well in the shower until the maintenance fellow showed us it was on the wrong side? should be marked as hot or cold. Overall it is a great place and in a really great location. It is also amazingly quiet for being right next to everything. Very peaceful by the pool.

The rooms are a little small. I stayed there a few years ago and the room we had that time seemed a little bigger. The best part of the resort is the pool! it is awesome, so clean and large. Also it is so convenient and close to everything.

Lovely Blue hotel not really magical
    • Superior King Room

To feel like a number with a wallet, no personal touch, I would say a "fake" attitude at check in/out

Bed was big, size of the room perfect, really good breakfast, central location

Super place to stay at Playa del Carmen!
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was the best we had over all our vacation! The hotel area itself was like a little gem and excellent for relaxation from busy city vibes on the street and public beaches. The room was big and nice and balcony with swing added something extra!

Jungle-like atmosphere in the middle of the city.
    • Master Suite

Bed wasn't amazing, comfortable but not fantastic. The pool was over chlorinated, we didn't bother to swim, just sat in one night to cool off, smelled heavily of chlorine. We paid $1129 (CAD) for THREE NIGHTS... was overpriced by a couple hundred dollars.

Amazing location, actually right across the street from Coco Bongo, though it was tucked away enough that we had a quiet sleep each night. The breakfast is amazing, huge spread with a lot of variety, loved that this was included. Loved our balcony with hammock, we actually fell asleep in it one night. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I would go back. Loved the tub in our room, right next to the bed. Lovely.

Fantastic!

Everything was perfect!

It was perfect!!! The hotel is located next to the Main Street, accros from a night club (no noise at all). Rooms are great! Swimming pool is fantastic! The staff is so professional and kind. Tons of options for breakfast. This hotel is the best I have stayed at. It’s a solid 10!!

Beautiful and quiet, but close to the nightlife.
    • Master Suite

Bed was a little bit squeaky but not a bother.

Great little hotel if you want to be close to the nightlife yet still relaxed and comfortable. Great pool and the rooms were great.

Brilliant stay!
    • Superior King Room

Only thing that was a pain was the amount of mosquitos (not really the hotels fault of course), but because it was so green It was perhaps worse than usual. Bring strong repellent!

Lovely little hotel, really relaxed. In a great spot in Playa. Hotel staff work hard and we’re so helpful and friendly. Can’t fault anything to be honest. Loved it!

Can’t find a better location, comfy beds and overall good experience
    • Superior King Room

View from room wasn’t great. The reception couldn’t take care of a post card and asked us to walk 15 mins instead to a post office. Pool area was slightly small with people hoarding the best sunbeds.

Bed was great, breakfast massive and cozy overall feel to the place. Couldn’t have found a better location.

Beautiful stay, great location
    • Superior King Room

The palm trees are beautiful but they seemed to block the sun a lot. This meant going to the beach and around New Years it was packed. The rooms could have used some more hooks to hang clothes or towels.

The breakfast was delicious, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the surroundings were peaceful.

We were asking for two rooms closed to each other 4 months...
    • Superior King Room

We were asking for two rooms closed to each other 4 months ahead of our arrival and they did not manage to make it happen... not ideal as a family with 2 kids .

Great for a few days
    • Superior King Room

Sunbeds were taken early with towels out . Lots of trees around pool so didn’t get much sun down one side So went to beach . Pool looked nice

Great location right near 5 th Avenue and beach best down by 8th . Room v nice at back not noisy . Great breakfast choice in adjoining cafe . Staff friendly. Nice cocktail bar

Diamond at Playa
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wi-Fi should be much better

The place felt like home. Everything was just perfect! Pictures cannot describe it! So much love! We were staying for 7 nights, and it was really comfortable and cosy. Thanks to all the beautiful people in Magic Blue, for making our stay unforgettable. We are coming back definitely. P.s. Don't skip the bfast. Hasta pronto amigos 🍾

Great location near the clubs and just a block from the heart of town.
    • Superior King Room

Bed and pillows were not great. Like sleeping on a sac of potatoes. Bathroom was fine, the lack of a fully shower curtain make for a colder environment while showering.

Location is great however it is near the nightclub and is loud at times. The hotel did provide ear plugs which we not necessary except possibly briefly on Saturday night. We were on the first floor and is probably ideal because of the concrete wall that was blocking the sound of the nightclubs and the police just stationed outside on the street in their trucks.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good value but needs something more
    • Superior King Room

No bar and pool service.According to the receptionist words all the rooms were equiped with umbrellas. In our there was not.Mexico has very often storms so it is unacceptable one hotel lile this not to provide umbrellas.

Great location in Playa Del Carmen
    • Superior King Room

Our room was not made up until very late afternoon each day around 4 or 5pm. A couple of times we came back from days out and our room hadnt been done meaning we'd have to leave the room again which delayed showers etc. They should alternate the cleaning schedule because it was quite annoying when clearly other rooms were being cleaned in the am.

Super location... everything you need is right on the doorstep. Breakfast was good too.

Within walking distance to the beach which is kind of...
    • Superior King Room

The CocoBongo discotheque was just to close therefore it was noisy at night. Also, right now, there is construction going on next door which make a quite and peaceful rest around the beautiful pool area impossible.

Within walking distance to the beach which is kind of crowded

Great location, beautiful pool
    • Superior King Room

It can be very loud in the room as hotel is situated next to coco bongo club. I didn’t mind the noise but some people might.

The pool area is beautiful and the location of the hotel is perfect, just a couple of minutes away from 5th Avenue. The room is spacious and has everything you may need.

a moderate value for money
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast is pretty basic. the buffet is open not only for guests so it was very crowded and we've waited a long time in lines. there was no Wifi signal on our room (3rd floor) - but they did offer us to change rooms.

Great location, very nice staff.

The room was amazing, and staff were extremely helpful.
    • Master Suite

The pool bartender was not always immediately around. It seemed like they had her doing multiple jobs.

The room was amazing, and staff were extremely helpful.

Room is big, clean, comfortable bed, big flat tv, very nice...
    • Superior King Room

The food at the pool bar was terrible.

Room is big, clean, comfortable bed, big flat tv, very nice balcony with a small couch and a hammock. Breakfast was very tasty and really fresh. Pool was very nice

The cabbin ,pool, best location,the restaurant staff
    • Superior King Room

No phone in rooms,the room service use my things(cosmetic),high price, We took a 8 night's and dident got any discount or present(although we ask) Anything cost money even use fridger

The cabbin ,pool, best location,the restaurant staff

Wifi service is good, now nice pool.
    • Superior King Room

To be a hotel of relax is not for the clubs around the area, you can hear all around is not windows with sound proof. Fleets in bed and non- potable water.

Wifi service is good, now nice pool.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Breakfast!
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast! The quality wasn't fresh at all! Ants on the food, place was dirty and very noisy so we preferred sitting outside. The general overview of the hotel is really nice, rooms don't reflect the overview which is in my opinion quite a shame, very "cold" and very modern.

Will come back again
    • Superior King Room

We slept on the corner of the roads, in the second floor, so on the night it was very nuisy.

The staff very loyal to the place, so the hotel is always clean! At the pool area you feel like you are in a jungle which is crazy.

Beautiful hotel in very nice location
    • Superior King Room

Parking was not available and was not clearly mentioned before we booked. But luckily solved it very nearby we found free parking

Beautiful hotel with amazing pool surounded by palm trees. I like the wood houses and the hammock in front of each flat

Very good value for money in downtown
    • Superior King Room

Our room was very close to the elevator and, even though I normally am not bothered by noise, this place was rather noisy. The aircon is also very load - we had to turn it off to get some rest at some stage (and woke up because of the heat immediately).

We stayed here on the last night of our trip before flying out early in the morning. The staff were very nice and provided us with a full dinner at the on sight restaurant instead of breakfast (since we had to leave so early). The room was huge and clean. The downtown location is good if you want something more than just the basic resort experience, even though this hotel seems to offer most of the amenities you can expect from the much more expensive resorts.

Peaceful haven in middle of PDC

The staff have great attention to detail, making sure the hotel always looked it's best. The rooms are organised around a lovely garden and pool, a peaceful and relaxing haven in the centre of downtown Playa del Carmen..

Cosy and chic
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking bot owened by the hotel but it's shown on booking.com website as service offered. Even if l advised prior to arrival that l have a car, they couldnt reserve parking for me. So l needed to park in a pubblic parking near by.

Nuce room and cosy atmosphere. Super close to the beach and to the shopping street. However the resort is very quiet, clean, chic. Awesome buffet breakfast. Good wifi.

Tropical hideaway in the heart of Playa
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Music from nightclubs across the road until early hours, but other reviewers warn about the noise and it is easily solved by using ear plugs.

Spacious room with comfortable beds and good air conditioning. Wide breakfast choice; helpful and smiling staff who dish out treats of sweets and little bowls of nuts and fruit; hampagne on arrival. Tropical resort feel in an intimate setting with lush tropical gardens surrounding the pool and all in the heart of Playa del Carmen.

Location- in the middle of all the action.
    • Master Suite

Room was a little small, especially for a master suite. Bugs were also found in the shower. Upon arrival, we noticed the toilet was not cleaned.

Location- in the middle of all the action. Easy walk to restaurants, shops, etc. The grounds were beautifully maintained.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Absolutely beautiful hotel in the heart of Playa del Carmen
    • Superior King Room

There is a club basically across the stree so we could faintly hear the bass pretty late into the night but it wasn't that bothersome.

The pool and the ambience is absolutely amazing. The staff are so kind and attentive.

Terrible service, poor quality breakfast.
    • Superior King Room

The service at the hotel is terrible. Staff are unhelpful and in some cases, extremely rude. Breakfast is of poor quality- not worth getting up for. They serve the same food everyday and do not replenish items throughout the breakfast service. The bar by the swimming pool is a rip off- they forge your signature on receipts to get you to pay service charges. When we complained to reception about these issues, they did not do anything about it, even though we could clearly see we were not the only customers complaining. Needless to say I won't be staying there again and would not recommend anyone else do so.

The hotel is in a very good location and looks good.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The walls between each room are extremely thin.
    • Superior King Room

The walls between each room are extremely thin. On our second night we had a family with 2 toddlers next door. While we understand toddlers are going to yell and cry a lot, the thin walls made it unbearable.

Beautiful hotel
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is very beautiful and it’s in a great location – just a block over from the main part of the walking/shopping strip. The pool is gorgeous and the inside area is well maintained. Breakfast is excellent. The bar service is great too if you want to hang out at the pool all day. There is a laundry service a block away and a giant Wal-Mart 4 or 5 blocks away. The room was big and attractive. Our room had a giant TV. The strip at Playa was fun, and the ferries to Cozumel are cheap for a day trip for scuba or snorkeling. Downsides: Insulation is poor and the rooms on the ocean side get a LOT of noise – revelers, clubs, cars, and police blowing whistles all night long. Also, the room’s safe was bolted to a cheap piece of plastic that could be ripped out with one hand. A burglar could steal the entire safe and then break into it at his leisure. The bed was hard and did not have a mattress cover (GROSS) plus very poor quality linens. The beach in Playa is not nearly as nice as Cancun or Tulum or the far side of Cozumel. Much was washed away in a storm years ago, and in the spring (April / May) there is a lot of seaweed washing up. I mean heaps of it all up and down the beach. It looks and smells gross. Playa is a party town and the beach hotels attract that kind of crowd.

The best in Playa
    • Master Suite

The breakfast was okay, not bad but not amazing. There was no land phone in the room and we had to do some phone calls so it was a bit of a problem for us.

Amazing place right in the centre of Playa del Carmen but super quiet and relaxing. Stayed in other hotels in Playa but this one was the best. Stuff was friendly and helpful. King suit was really nice with comfy bed and a bathtub.

Location, Location, Location!
    • Superior King Room

Pool bartender seemed to love playing hide-and-seek. Pool bar not manned all day but there are numerous restaurants and bars and a convience store nearby.

Great location close to everything. To ensure a good nights sleep get a room in the back of the hotel away from Coco Bongo (Nightclub), which is across the street. Balcony with hammock was used daily.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

What an awesome hotel and a magical stay!
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast was quite "Mexican", after a few days we really wanted some plain breakfast, bacon eggs. The bread is also different, very sweet.

Beautiful hotel, very quaint and peaceful but in the heart of the nightlife as well. Clean and excellent service.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Loved our ray at Magic Blue!
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast was kind of blah, but hey it's included. We appreciated the hot coffee, fresh fruit and baked goods, but outside of that the hot food left a lot to be desired. We could hear the music from the club across the stree, but we expected that from reading other reviews. It didn't keep us up, so i wouldn't call it a nuisance.

The bed was very comfortable and that's saying A LOT for me! Also, we loved being able to sit outside on our little patio and swing in the hammock. The pool area and grounds are beautifully maintained and so peaceful, relaxing. You forgot that just beyond the front doors was the bustling town of PDC.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Margharitaville
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast could be better - there is lots of choice but the quality of some items is not good and may even be leftovers from the restaurant from the night before.

The hotel is beautiful and you can't help but feel relaxed there. The cocktails at the pool bar were excellent, the best we had in Mexico!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Lovely and LOUD!
    • Superior King Room

We did not know it was right next to Coco Bongo, and all night club that is very loud. Our room was closest to the club and we got very little sleep. Since we only stayed one night, we recovered quickly at a quieter resort.

Lovely hotel, good breakfast.Beautiful pool area and bar. Staff were welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Just convenient for my purpose
    • Superior King Room

No telephone in the room, not even internal line to reception. No room service. First night was charged in December, in USD, without asking which of the three currencies I would prefer (MXN, USD, GBP). No final proper invoice issued (they do not do that).

Spacious room with porch and independent entry, palm trees all around. Stay: 3 nights, 24 to 27 March 2017.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Nice place for a quiet stay!
    • Superior King Room

Room location backed up to street, to noisy!

The pool area is awesome. Very quaint, easy walk to 5th. Great Breakfast. If you want somewhere to be that's quiet during the day, this is the place, very relaxing. The only downside was our room backed up to the street and was noisier then we would have liked at night. The room was small, nothing fancy, but clean. We'd stay here again!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Great place to stay!
    • Superior King Room

Can hear the bass at night from near by clubs, but that's the price you pay for the location. We were still able to sleep no worries.

Hotel location was great, room was amazing and loved the pool area! Would definetly stay here again.

Relaxing Enclave Close to all the Action
    • Superior King Room

Great hidden enclave in Playa del Carmen fairly close to the beach and close to all activities. Very nice interior courtyard with an excellent pool with great loungers.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

AMAZING IN EVERY WAY!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

For those who are light sleepers, there is some overflow of music from the nightclub across the street. This goes late into the evening. It's not loud, but it's just something to be aware of. Also, I would have loved a full length mirror in the room. I would still recommend Magic Blue in a minute to everyone. It's really a great place!

I love Magic Blue. This is the second time this year we have stayed there and we will definitely stay there again. I love the inner courtyard with the pool and bar area. It's a little paradise and it's pretty amazing that during the day, it's all we wanted to do because it's so idyllic and relaxing. Manuel, the bartender, is fantastic. He is always aware of everyone's needs and makes sure everyone has food and drinks. All the other staff at Magic Blue is also very nice and accommodating. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The wifi worked great. As far as the location, it really doesn't get any better. You walk out of the hotel an you are in the middle of everything. Just a short block away is the liveliest section of Fifth Avenue, so there is something to do every minute of every day. There's tons of shopping and lots of great restaurants within just a block of the hotel. The beach is just three blocks away, but we seriously preferred the Magic Blue pool area for sunning. We usually headed to the beach at around sunset to listen to live music and have a drink before dinner. Our favorite little beach club is Fusion (walk towards the port along the beach and look for a "Fusion" surfboard leaning against a palm tree). They have live bands every night starting at 6 pm and they offer perfectly prepared wood-fired pizzas. Our favorite was the margherita with shrimp. Magic Blue is a great home base in Playa because it's close to everything and you can get away from it all in the serene courtyard. I was just there two weeks ago and already can't wait to get back there!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

No go

Totally not worth the money they charge per night. The pool and garden are truly the only thing that are accurate in terms of photos. Rooms and co....forget about it

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Wonderful hotel in central location
    • Superior King Room

The only thing we did not like was the breakfast. It was not a big deal for us given it's complementary, but it was disappointing.

We had a very pleasant stay at Magic Blue Hotel. The hotel looks better than the pictures- something that is sadly not always the case. The room was spacious and clean. The pool and pool area were quiet and clean. Beautiful land scape and very comfortable tanning beds. The hotel is located in the heart of the tourist area in Playa Del Carmen. It is few steps away from dozens of restaurants, bars, clubs and the beach. We are going back next year and we will stay at Magic Blue.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

recommended
    • Superior King Room

.the beds are old and poor and too soft, all night I had back pain,hotel needs new mattress !

This hotel is a wonderful ,oasis in the middle of the city, really beautiful pool area, room is ok, correct but nothing special.Breakfast was ok. The most important things in any hotel are three ; 1) clean room and bed ( for me hard mattress ! ) 2) sound insolatium room and sound insolatium door 3) fast WiFi

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

One of the best Hotels in Playa del Carmen. Pricey during the holidays but can't beat the location
    • Superior King Room

Right in the middle of Playa Del Carmen which means it's noisy, especially during the Christmas holiday. There is a church behind the Hotel which broadcasts over loud bullhorns their modern day sermons, pray sessions and religious music all day and into the night, everyday around Christmas. An experience to avoid.

Big rooms with a front porch and hammock. Pool and poolside bar are nice. Restaurant is good and they serve a great breakfast. Bed is comfortable and the A/C and shower are very good. Rooms are not a bargain but you can't beat the location.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Tranquil but pricey
    • Superior King Room

There were lots of charges that I didn't expect when I was paying so much for our room. Parking was extra and not on site, in fact it would have been cheaper to find our own parking, even at the same facility. The bar prices weren't bad but I was somewhat surprised that upon checkout the price was higher, which was due to a mandatory tip which was not included in the price on the menu. In the end, there was nothing secretive or hidden about these extra costs, I just wouldn't have expected them at a place that was already quite costly for the area. Also, while the common area, including the pool, was quite nice the room, especially the bathroom, was not up to the same standard. There was nothing wrong with it, it just didn't feel worth the price.

It was a quiet and tranquil oasis located just one block from 5th Ave, and across the street from Coco Bongo. Much more relaxed than elsewhere I have stayed in Playa.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

A really fine place

Nice rooms, pretty simple. Not super luxurious, but quite fine for our needs. I was a little concerned about the noise with Coco Bong across the street, but that was a non issue. Hammocks on the veranda were a nice touch. Just stayed one night on our way to Cozumel, but it was just fine for our purposes. It is close to Fifth Avenue and all the places to eat and shop. The beach is a couple of blocks further if you are wanting to go there.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

A really pleasant surprise!
    • Superior King Room

Pretty good breakfast buffet included. Great location- like a calm oasis in the centre of Playa. Very quiet. Nice big room. Very clean. Really friendly staff. Welcome drink and free cava in the fridge!

Browse Magic Blue Boutique Hotel traveller photo gallery