Reviews of Ramada Cancun City 4 stars

Avenida Yaxchilan 41 Supermanzana 22, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#83 of 161 hotels in Cancún

• Standard Room

The price for the breakfast was a little expensive. We can recommend 100%natural near by. (Good food for a good price)

The room was big! The pool very nice. Staff is friendly.

• Standard Room

The only thing I didn’t like was the shower head, it has no much water pressure and not much water was coming out of it.

Location and it was a really nice room for the price.

• Standard Room

Every other shop on the walk about the hotel was shut or "for sale", the locations seems to experiencing some hardship. What was also annoying was the noise from the late night clubs about the hotel that played music till 05:00AM !

Good breakfast, good size room, the toilet could have done with a bit more room compared to the size of the room !

• Standard Room

No wash cloths, had to use hand towels to shower. Had to ask for toilet paper everyday, most of the staff did not speak English, not enough condiments in the room, no bed comforter.

The location is close to Laparilla

• Standard Room

When booking, the person attending me was telling me he couldn’t give me price quoted. I showed him twice my confirmation number, until he finally gave me same price quoted.

Clean room, comfortable.

• Standard Room

First day I saw a lizard in the room of which I am terrify of. The bathroom was VERY small, you could not closed the door. The toilet did not flush and the coffee machine did not work, it could not even warm some water for tea. I did not like the fact that the hotel had no microwave for guest to warm their food.

The housekeeping was wonderful and some of the staff was very nice and know me be name.

• Standard Room

One thing, had weird moldy smell in the room and it did not really get better during our 2-night stay there.

Well kept, clean, nice pool and tasty food in the cafeteria. Restaurants, shopping close by. Had a room with pool view, quiet.

• Standard King Room

- Overbooking rooms - The room reserved was not available the first night, so we had to change rooms the following night. - The doors are really noisy. They have a system to close strong and loud.

- Friendly and attentive staff - Clean - Room matches the pictures

Can’t think of anything

Friendly helpful staff that were genuinely concerned about our well being! Awesome cleaning staff and helpful front desk ! And good food

• Standard Room

Room not sound proof. Terrible noice from across the street (Karaoke bar) makes it impossible to sleep if your room is towards the street. You can also hear everything from the echoing hallway because there is a large slot under the door. (Some?) Bathrooms too small, impossible to close the door without moving around the toilet. Some rooms don't have balcony, despite being advertised as ALL rooms having balcony. Rooms on the poolside face a building that is being torn down. (Construction maybe) Blankets on bed very thin. Sheets of poor quality. Hotels looks much better on pics.

Location Close to some restaurant, pretty safe. Maids very nice and cleaning well

• Standard Room

Very nice hotel with a very helpful staff! The hotel is very clean and they have a delicious breakfast! I will recommend this hotel for its location( Cancun center) for the friendly staff and for the good price! Also, very important the rooms are very nice and clean witch is a must for most of the guests!

• Standard King Room

At front deak, few staffs are not friendly at all. We don’t speak English and we ask them for help. They just pointed to the phone numbers and prize list instead of asking “what they can do or how can they help. We ended up going outside to a restaurant and they helped us greatly. Just a suggestion for improvement:if you can keep an English speaking interpreter 24/7 who can help cater to English speaking customers, it would be great.

• Standard Room

The tour desk at the hotel is a rip-off. We ended up paying a high price for below-average tours.

Great hotel in Cancun City Center with good rooms and breakfast. Close to the ADO bus station and many nearby restaurants. Rooms were large and clean.

• Standard Room

Gym is small and equipment is very old, but it does the job if you plan to work out just once or twice!

Spacious and clean rooms, breakfast buffet was nice, its a 5min walk from the ADO bus station (bus to the airport is 20-30mins), staff is friendly!

• Standard Room

I forgot my phone charger in the room, and on calling up next day itself they could not help me to get it :( ! The housekeeping should have more principles than that!

The room was spacious enough for an overnight stay with family. Location was close to Mercado 28 and a number of restaurants !!

• Standard King Room

see above,as a former world bank employee,no retired, i never experienced. this type of treatment at a hotel

i had stored winterclothings at the hotels storage area for 31/2 month with the permission of the manager (from 13 nov.2017 to my departure.).however 1 mans pantaloon ,my wife's jacket a warm shoal were stolen,valued about 120 euros.the manager said that my clothings were stored longer than 3 month and thehotel is not liable for compensation.he did not even apologize or regret the theft.thi s hotel should not be recommended by your esteemed company.

• Standard Room

Very clean facility, very considerate staff, Especially Pedro! My stay was everything i expected and more! The pool was clean and fabulous,Great bang for your Buck, and a perfect location. If i ever visit Cancun again i will stay at the Ramada again.

• Standard Room

There's a bar/disco across the street which caused a lot of noise as it felt like you're trying to sleep inside the disco with loud music :(.

• Standard King Room

Good location where I needed to be. Good wifi. La Parilla restaurant down the street for supper or lunch. Secured parking for over night. Park on the side street during the day. Get a room facing the pool, quieter with a balcony. Oxxo 2 blocks away.

• Standard Room

The hotel did not feel clean, my bedding had ants on it and there were flies in the room. The walls were paper thin and I was awake all night listening to loud voices and slamming doors. The staff were less than pleasant and breakfast was awful. I stayed one night before catching a bus and would not return.

• Standard Room

Wi Fi was only working in the bathroom or next to the entrance door, but not really in the room itself.

Good location in town, if you purpose of stay is not a beach. Good value for money. We found a really nice restaurant in only 100 m from the hotel.

• Standard Room

It is a bit noisy, corridor noise all carries into rooms, but just get earplugs people!

Last minute booking after my hostel turned out to be awful and the staff were really lovely, room was perfect, and I even got a balcony. Don't expect beach views though! This is right in the town, easy for the bus station though. There are restaurants and bars close by, although the hotel bar itself looked pretty good, although I didn't use it. You can get a bus to the beach/hotel zone for 12 pesos and it takes about 30-40 mins, but is really, really easy.

• Standard Room

Very nice hotel for a couple of days stay in Cancun center before leaving for a beach resort. Close to some good restaurants, shopping and transportation. Good breakfast, nice small pool area, good service and clean spacious rooms.

• Standard King Room

The pool was permanently in the shade, there was supposed to be a free shuttle to the beach but we were only able to take it once during our two week stay. The tour guide working there struggled to understand English

Room was clean and reasonably spacious. Staff friendly. Breakfast-good selection of food

• Standard Room

Breakfast was a bit expensive compared to other hotels in the areas we had stayed at 390 pesos for two people which was £15 - it was a good breakfast though! View over the pool wasn't great when you can see back alleys of other buildings - was a dirty smell on the balcony too.

Stayed here after my flight to JFK was cancelled - Hotel was good for a couple of nights, Was very clean and room was surprisingly big!

• Standard Room

Breakfast could start earlier (before 7:00 hs) because in many tours you need to arrive at 7:00 to get the transportation.

Hotel with good localization in downtwon, near ADO bus station and near good restaurants. Good breakfast. They have a free transportation by Van to the beach every day.

• Standard King Room

Staff ignored me, the you aknowledge my partner, because he was a men. Men at the reception was sarcastic. Quality for the money was very poor, wouldnt stay there again. Wifi was good.

• Standard Room

There is only one easily accessible plug in the room. Coffee machine ended up on the floor under the desk. Amazed a hotel chain can’t get this stuff right. One lift in a hotel of at least 100 rooms is absurd. There was a constant queue to access the lift. My room was right opppsite an ‘open air karaoke bar’ (great combo-concept there) which kicked off every night from about midnight.. bring ear plugs. No run through of the hotels features/benefits of on check in.. suggest that would save confusions and questions subsequently.. might even lead to a greater enjoyment of the hotel.

Staff were friendly and polite, although not proactive. Although central Cancun is not great, the hotel is near a couple of good restaurants.

• Standard Room

Very very gentle staff. Exercise room . Different rooms available. Protected parking.

Location is perfect near everything. Restaurant La Habiciuela is around the corner or La Parrillia parque las Palapas , and stores Chedraui and so on.

• Standard King Room

Air con didn't work, room smelt of damp, curtains didn't work so they wouldn't fully shut, bed was uncomfortable

It was probably what we could reasonably expect for the relatively low price

• Standard Room

There was no signange. I couldnt find it. The number that I called wasnt the desk and they couldnt help. I had to ask someone on the street to take me there. The police shook me down for $600 because I was a toursit they threatened to throw me in jail and the front desk just said 'yeah the police here are no good."

my room was nice

• Standard Room

My restroom got blocked 3 times. My bank card got stolen while I was checking in! I would not use this facility ever again. Way to go forward in Cancun is all inclusive.

• Standard Room

There was no beach close to the hotel. but receptionist made us reservation every morning and they called a shuttle bus for us and took us to the beach which was app. 20 minutes away and brought us also back in the afternoon for free.

We really enjoyed our stay, even though we booked it last minute. Staff was very helpful, provided all information we needed. Food was amazing. There was no beach close to the hotel but receptionist made us reservation every morning and they called a shuttle bus for us and took us to the beach which was app. 20 minutes away and brought us also back in the afternoon for free. If you dont want to go to the beach you can use a small pool too :)

• Standard Room

Short version: We had to sleep in toxic insecticide fumes, suffered health problems, didn't get a refund. LONG VERSION: We booked this hotel for a one night-stay after arriving late at night by bus (ADO) from Cancun. Because the reception desk was already closed at the time we arrived, the security guard opened the door and handed us the key to our room. The interior and facilities were not great, but okay considering the price we paid. THE PROBLEM was that they had apparently just treated this room with heavy insecticide to get rid of the mosquitoes and DID NOT let the air circulate for long enough to let the toxic fumes escape the room. Because it was so late we did not have a choice and slept there anyway. The next day we woke up feeling dizzy, nauteous and my wife had blood coming out of her nose and throat! It took her four whole days to recover and the bleeding to stop. After realizing this we packed our bags and left the hotel before checkout time. I don't know what kind of hotel would expose their guests to health hazards of this kind! The lady at the reception desk was friendly enough and said sorry, but did not seem to take it all that seriously. After asking for a refund by email later in the day, I was told that only the manager could make that decision and would contact me. Of course I never heard from him again and they kept the money. I have travelled extensively and NEVER have I experienced such a blatant disregard for the health and safety of the guests. And a manager who is obviously more concerned about keeping $40 than the well-being and opinion of his guests. Avoid the risk and stay elsewhere in Tulum!

• Standard Room

Nothing negative at all....this is where I will stay in Cancun

Everything was very good, except for the service and location which were exceptional. Absolutely nothing negative to report

• Standard King Room

Bed was a bit hard so I didn't sleep very well.

The room was ok, they are doing construction so that may be why it's of the room where looking a bit unfinished, but everything looked clean and it was close to a lot of bars and restaraunts. The bartender there, Eddy, he was absolutely lovely and makes a good margarita!

• Standard Room

Clean room, very helpful staff,not bad location. I changed money on the best rate on this hotel during my Mexico visit (1USD=17 pesos) I recommend it!

• Standard Room

We stayed here for 5 nights, the staff is really kind and respectful. The room was a little small, but not a big problem. Though, the room seemed to have bed bugs. Maybe the hotel staff should do an inspection of the beds. we both had a few bites in our bodies, specially our feet, legs, and arms. :(

• Standard Room

Check in is a nightmare the staff are rude and could not find our booking. They are incompetent. dealing with the staff is very frustrating and takes much longer than it should. The hotel is ok. It is very noisey at night time inside and outside the hotel. The noise travels throughout the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Standard Room

that at night for dinning late ,you have two choice in your menu

The beds are very comfortable , breakfast is faboulose ; you have fruit ,bread, cereals, yogurts, eggs you can have them the way you like it, beans tamalitos, well the buffet is for people who eat a lot, I was surprise because many hotels offer continental breakfast , very limited variety of food

• Standard Room

Horrible experience. Bad cost to quality ratio. Rude and inefficient staff. Undesirable location. I manage a hotel in Sayulita, Mexico and I travel very frequently and have never had a worse experience. When I arrived, the reception staff charged my card well over the price listed on my booking.com confirmation. I work with booking.com for the hotel I manage and have NEVER charged more than the amount listed on the client's confirmation. When I told the receptionist, he never answered me and told me to call booking.com. I asked to speak to a manager and no manager arrived. For me, it was not even about the extra amount paid, but the principal. My husband and I reserved a king-sized bed and were given two double beds. I politely told the staff but they didn't seem to care. The location is not desirable. It is listed as being right in the downtown of Cancun and I was expecting something like Old Town Vallarta with art, stores, local, creative and unique places. Nada. Some run-down restaurants and dirty streets, crafts which are the same sold in stands throughout the country...nothing unique or scenic. The restaurants were twice the price than I would pay in Puerto Vallarta and 3 times the amount I would pay in other locations in Mexico. And the fare was uninteresting. In retrospect, I would chose a location in or closer to the hotel zone if I had to stay in Cancun again, rather than "downtown". I really enjoyed Tulum and stayed there for 3 nights. I am also interested in visiting the surrounding area, Holbox, las Islas Mujeras. Tulum was more up my ally because the place is truly unique. The cenotes, ruins and beach in Tulum were spectacular. The Ramada is actually decorated with tons of pictures of Tulum, rather than Cancun. The place itself is outdated. Bedroom wall was bright orange (more appropriate for a kitchen) and had a kind of 70's vibe. Gym is tiny with a few old machines.

Room was quiet. Internet worked well. Beds were quite hard but room was comfortable enough.

• Standard Room

Could've used some hotel toiletries.

The bartender was super friendly and awesome! The pool was very nice & it was nice to have a balcony. It was right near the restaurants and parque de palapa and the flea market. Great walking location

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard Room

I had to wait at reception, because there was long queue there mostly. Cancun had a heavy rain when i was stay, the rain made a huge pool lay in front of the hotel. there is no way to get into the hotel without closing it.

the room is really clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Room

Not a great selection of after hour snack food.

Great local Mexican restaurant only three doors down to the right. Fantastic food local entertainment. Fun night.

• Standard Room

I had to pay for everything even when I ask to take a coffee to my room after breakfast ....they charged me for take away coffee.. was just abit pety

Hotel had a nice little gym

• Standard Room

Nothing. Breakfast I thought was expensive, so I went down the street and got some tacos.

Everyone was so helpful to me when I was trying to figure out my moms flight delays/ problems. The property and room was very clean and comfortable. The pool was great. The restaurant was good for the snacks I got there. I would definitely return. And it was right by the ado bus station, so it's easy to get to and from the airport. (And cheap!)

• Standard Room

The broken shampoo dispenser and toilet flush.

Check-in was hassle-free. The staff are very accommodating especially Carlos. Repairmen were quick to repair our broken shampoo dispenser and toilet flush. It has a good location too. Very near local restaurants,bus stop and centro.

• Standard Room

Rooms were clean and nice. Bathrooms were spacious and great shower pressure. Beds were comfy. Paid a bit extra for a great brekkie as well Location wasn't at the main strip but this was our preference...

• Standard Room

The hotel was clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. Great amenities. Suited just what we needed. We' ll stay there on our return leg.

Great local so much to choose from in really authentic local restaurants. We had a wonderfull time.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Standard Room

The swimming pool was not clean. There was paper, etc. floating in it. Towels in room bathroom, but, no small wash cloths to clean myself with. I had to use my own.

The staff was very supportive when I tried to use Spanish. The place was clean.

• Standard Room

Everything was all right, the hotel was very clean, the swimming pool was nice and the location was excellent for us (very close to the main bus station).

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Standard Room

You must take care of the details, bathroom was a little bit dirty and the handswasher has a leakage, I stayed at the 321 and the door of the bathroom was dirty with fingerprints...the shampoo and the soap is really bad...you have to consider change it; the security and front desk personal is not so friendly

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard Room

The shuttle to the beach is a little hard to book.

The breakfast is sooo good. So is the dinner! Besides, the staff here are all very warm-hearted and very nice!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Pool was freezing

Great location and avery good size room andgreat breakfast Staff were great. Parking required someone to open the gate but airways available.

• Standard Room

I felt a bit cheated. Although this hotel promises beach access, you won't have it if you're staying for one night. Beach transportation has to be booked at 7 a.m. (!) and only goes to the beach early in the morning, on only two occasions. If you're staying there for one night, you won't be able to use this service, which for me was the main reason why I chose this hotel. So, although nominally the service is offered, in practice you won't be able to enjoy it.

Perfect location if you're travelling by bus.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Standard Room

Day time and room service Menu was limited to enormous toasted sandwiches too big to pick up and eat. Lots of French fries and a heaven for overweight Americans but not what normal people require. A new menu with more choices would give the restaurant a new lift. I speak from experience as the owner of a Caribbean restaurant and hotel catering advisory. I would have loved to advise on making this a 120% better, but watched but did not introduce myself.

The buffet breakfast is super and has every choice and is reasonably priced. Guaranteed to set you up for the rest of the day. Lots of fruit and nuts and eggs any way you want them. The lady which worked the desk for trips was so nice and spoke great English. She made the stay great and interesting more than any other employee. Despite them all being nice people and helpfully willing she was the greatest ambassador for the company.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Standard Room

Out of pesos and a limit PER ROOM on number of pesos which could be exchanged per day.

Excellent location downtown. Good sandwiches at Coco drillos. Elevator worked. Great view of downtown from our room.

• Standard Room

The staff at Ramada Cancun are awesome! Very friendly, accommodating, had no issues communicating and the breakfast buffet is to die for! Very clean throughout the hotel, loved the large room and balcony. Felt safe at all times. We will be staying there again!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Standard Room

staff were very helpful and there was a great restaurant just down the street....and we found a yummy breakfast place and market area just about 5 min away

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Standard Room

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location was central to the city life yet felt very safe. Clean and many amenities, quick to get to bus which takes you to beach. Gives you the best of both worlds, the city life and the beach!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Room

cant really think of anything i did not like ...you dont pay much for rooms so cant really complain about anything....it was clean and friendly....

breakfast buffet was a good bang for your buck....lots of food choices ...free shuttle to the beach was a great idea...it took me to the heart of the action...room was very clean and large...bed was comfy...location was good...only a 3 block walk to market 28 and some smaller food stores and tons of resturants

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Room

Tiny, shaded pool. First room we were assigned had a moldy smell that was immeadiately apparent to the lungs.

Immaculately clean, terrific view of downtown. Centrally located with many shops and bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. Elevator that worked. Good sandwiches at Coco drillos.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Standard Room

exciting breakfast choices, open till 1.00pm delicious mexican coffeee cappuchinos. Clean pool area, shady and calm. Perfect central location for bus station. Kind staff. Very comfortable beds. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Standard Room

Noisy and near the street. We took the stairs as we didn't trust the elevator.

The staff was great. They made you fell welcome and cared about. The location is noisy, but clean and close to a large great shopping area for good prices on tourist goods!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Room

First off the toilet didn't have enough pressure to flush and when we used the toilet it clogged easily.

The hotel was a good hotel. Anything we needed they helped. My favorite part of the hotel was that it had private parking for my rental car. It also had a fitness center not huge but enough to get some sort of a workout in.

• Standard Room

Unclean, I found hair on my very basic pillows and on the floor; bathroom was gross; I asked for another room but the hotel was full. Worst room ever (114), camping would have been better and way cheaper.

The staff

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Room

We I had chosen this hotel because of the private parking but when we arrived there with a rented car we found out there was no place in the parking for us. We had to leave the car outside. The price we paid for the room is not adeguate to what we got offered

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard Room

Our aircon was not able to turn off, so the room was always freezing. The club across the road played music, with lights, into our room until 6am. The location is terrible, I felt unsafe in the surrounding area. There was also a shooting across the road during the night.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Room

All my needs were catered for so I was extremely happy.

The staff were wonderful and helpful and always pleasant. The staff were very helpful in organising tours, getting taxis and providing general information about Cancun not found in tourist guides. The food was great.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Standard Room

This hotel was convenient for me as I only stayed for one night prior to flying out, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are coming to Cancun for a holiday - you would be better off staying somewhere in the main hotel area near the beach. The air conditioning in the room was either broken or simply not up to the job.

Good location near numerous restaurants and an easy walk from the bus station. WiFi worked well in room. Good buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Standard Room

I had my room on DND for 5 night thats from 3rd to 7th of June. And for some weird reason my 2 pair of favorite sunglasses magically disappeared from the desk. If only the management could check on the camera who accessed my room coz i was always out during day time... Carlos from the reception was trully an amazing staff. I dont know with the house keeping. Who ever was assigned on the 2nd floor on those dates and opened room 202... U know what u took and u shouldnt be proud of it...

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard Room

I have had my room on DND for my whole stay. And yet i lost 2 of my rayban sunglasses a silver and gold framed aviator, which was only on my desk... I was on room 202. Carlos was really nice and helpful. If only the hotel can check the camera who ever housekeeping entered my room on those dates june 3 - june 7... Im very disappointed with it.. I hope you get back to me on this..

Carlos was really helpful.

• Standard King Room

The bed was hard as rock, no breakfast included the prices was high !

Won’t stay there any more

• Standard Room

We r catching a plane tonight to Toronto

• Standard Room

There was black mold in our bathroom, it smelled like mildew and our floor was dirty and wet.

Browse Ramada Cancun City traveller photo gallery