Reviews of Meliá Puerto Vallarta – All Inclusive 5 stars

Paseo de la Marina Sur , 7, Marina Puerto Vallarta, 48354 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#67 of 111 hotels in Puerto Vallarta

4.9

Expected much more
    • Melia Ocean View Room

It is not all inclusive. Many items in the restaurant menus and everything in the room service had a cost. Moreover, there were lines for everything from dinner reservations to checking out.

The gardens and the beach are great

Excellent trip will be returning back soon.
    • Melia Garden View Room

The wifi really sucked that would be the only critique I have. overall a great stay

this resort is an excellent choice I went with my daughter for her 32 nd birthday, the resort is very spacious and has all the amenities you could want with special emphasis on the pool and swim up bars, the hot dog and hamburger stand was awesome I also found it very safe . The staff was excellent, Food was great loved it all around was a great stay, we will be coming back again. Thanks

Great family stay
    • Melia Garden View Room

Not the type of person that post negative comments but the check in was a mess room was not ready at their check in time (they did recommend us to get lunch while they got it ready) and then the room was not how we asked (they did put us in a new room) so it was fine

The all included packet was great, food was good and it is perfect for families, they have shows every night for kids and families, they have 2 sections for shows so adults can enjoy a different type but I will recommend them booth, they have some venders at night and it has access to the beach

Seriously over priced hotel
    • Premium Ocean Front Room

I booked this hotel through booking.com. When I arrived at the hotel, they said I have to pay extra for the kids, even though I already inserted it on my reservation, they told me they have trouble with booking.com and we have to pay extra. Was huge amount of money but did not want to ruin our trip. I paid. I regret that I did not cansel it and find other place. - says our package was special, turned out no special at all. They wanted to charge almost everything. You can have the coconut for 50 and the alcohol for VIP does not comtain some of the brands. No room service for free. Seriously over priced, i recommand rather stay in a cheeper bed only hotel and explore reataurants around, for better selection and higher level of trip.

Food was not good all cheep mexican street food.

Relaxing, steps to the beach. Great staff. Great food and drinks.
    • Melia Garden View Room

The signals were awful and I couldn’t contact loved ones right away. I traveled alone, so this was very important.

The breakfast options were amazing. The buffet was my favorite.

The room was very clean and presentable during my stay
    • Premium Ocean Front Room

I didn’t care for the food/restaurant. It seems they were to have Four available restaurants but I believe that at least two were closed so I ate out of the complex.

The room was very clean and presentable during my stay

We loved the staff, however the property is dated.
    • Melia Garden View 2 adults + 1 Child

They advertise as being family friendly. There is music that is pumping all night and little kids cannot fall asleep with the music. In addition the beds in the room were some of the worst I have ever had at a hotel. Food was also the same thing every day. No variety .

We loved how lush the property looked- and that it was right on the beach.

It was ok
    • Premium Melia Room Garden View

The food was just ok, and the policy of having to make dinner reservations every day was annoying- we were turned away even though there were empty tables. It should be first come, first served

The room was very nice and the staff also

VERY LOW value for your money.

This hotel is old and it shows. Although it was clean, the facilities looked somehow neglected and the restaurants looked dated and school cafeteria like. One night I came back late at night and I had forgotten the key inside my room so I went to the front desk to ask for a temporary replacement and this rude staff member told me if I lost my room's key I had to pay 17usd wich turned out to be a lie. Food was in the verge of terrible; to cite some examples I had raw potatoes, greasy bad quality cheese, disgusting smelly chicharrón, dry chorizo and cold breakfast sausage. One of my friends hurt her knee so we asked for a wheelchair because she really couldn't walk. They gave one to us but the very next day, a random staff member was passing by and told her they would soon need the wheelchair back because they couldn't allow her to use it for free for that much time. We were paying guests, for crying out loud! I'm never going back to this place.

Waiters were super kind.

Deceiving
    • Melia Garden View Room

Although I understand that families need vacation, you don’t put a couple, that took a week off without children, in the middle of the family section of the hotel with crying babies, all around, at 6:00am every morning. Food was very average, on the low side. Japanese restaurant has nothing Japanese to it. Sun beds are always reserved despite the rule, and nobody enforces it. Could do a lot better in every ways. Renovations are barely hiding the old stuff under. But, I guess that explains the lower price.

Nothing special about this hotel, no extra mile from staff, no food or facilities is worth mentioning, very average.

Give to Get
    • Melia Garden View Room

I didn't like the room, it had a funny smell, I didn't like that the TV was so small and most of the channels was in Spanish, and the air conditioner didn't get cold and was loud.

Excellent location close to the marina, the staff was amazing, the all inclusive food and drinks was great, I really enjoyed staying at this Resort.

Wonderful stay
    • Melia Garden View Room

Weak wifi.. Very limited t.v. Channels.

Staff very efficient. Even have a scale to weight your luggage. At check out ,allowed to keep wrist band,,towel card until late plane departure. Great selections at the buffets..very tasty meals. Japanese restaurant excellent. Lovely and spacious grounds. Nightly entertainment great.

Was best vacation for me
    • Melia Ocean View Room

Food was amazing drinks was amazing and the people who serve you, the whole team is just great

I like the stuff the stuff was amazing very friendly, very helpful staff Alberto in lobby Ernesto and Buffet Italian restaurant Alexander

Location only.
    • Melia Ocean View Room

We booked this hotel for two days only (thank God); the first day we did not have hot water and couldn't took a shower. We called the reception and was told they are sorry!!!!!! the entire hotel did not have hot water. The elevator to our unit was out of service and we had to use the service elevator and the main elevator never got fixed. The room was not clean we found a dead cockroach at the front door and it was not removed for the entire day. Our room was not cleaned and I had to keep calling the reception to clean the room and when they did clean the room, the bathroom was not cleaned and there were no change of towels. They did not put any shampoo, hair conditioner etc. and we had to call every single day to bring bathroom stuff. The AC was not working in such a hot weather and we called the reception to fix it, they never showed up and I was sick and tired to be in constant contact with the reception. To top all this up, on the last day, they came to our door 2 hours ahead of check out time to ask us to check out!! We had to sit in the lobby for 2 hours because of this. The hotel is all inclusive, so you have to eat at their restaurant; food was absolutely terrible, basically lots of low quality food. We booked in their "high end" restaurant for a dinner. Steak was like rubber. Wine was watered down. I had the most horrible time in this hotel. I cannot understand how this hotel is allowed to operate. In my opinion this hotel should have two stars not 5 (except for the location). I will never ever go back to this hotel in the future, absolute waste of money, I wish I could give them zero rating. I moved to another hotel (Westin) and I had such a good time there. Westin will be booked for all of my future trips to Puerto Vallarta.

Location only.

Would not go back to a Meliá hotel
    • Melia Ocean View Room

WiFi reception was poor/null, fridge in room was dirty, bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, the room didn't have a view of the sea (or hardly did), dinner buffet was very bad, mini golf course smelled like sewage and was damp/muddy, grass was not well kept.

The entertainment staff gave an excellent service all the time and were very friendly. The reservation only restaurant "Los Vitrales" has really good food.

It was very relaxing, the staff is wonderful, but the elevator did not work half the time.
    • Melia Ocean View Room

The elevators did not work. Many things were in disrepair. Missing tiles in the pools, one of the restaurants was not working, the complete area around the pool bar was not inviting.

The food and the service were great.

I recommend it to all my friends and family if they visit Vallarta, and are meeting friends in Dec
    • Melia Garden View Room

Everything was excellent, this is our second trip here. The only issue was that the main restaurant was closed due to having the roof replaced. We ate in the much smaller breakfast restaurant for all of our meals so the selection was smaller but there was plenty of excellent meals available. The staff was fantastic and it's always nice to be remembered from a trip we took last Christmas. They go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We have already booked for next Christmas.

The hotel is lovely however the beach is no really nice,...
    • Melia Ocean View Room

The hotel is lovely however the beach is no really nice, also during the day there was just one bar open, it felt like they didn't have enough staff for high season, there were too many kids at the property so no very quite. Entertainment at night was good.There is one more thing that annoyed me, I felt sorry to see how much plastic rubbish they generate as they use plastic glasses and plates.

Wonderful property, helpfull and super friendly staff, great food and amazing entertainment.
    • Family Kids & Co. Room

Suggestions - Guest Services: Ala Carte Dinner Reservations - instead of 1 person doing each morning - maybe have 2-3 people, the line was very long and frustrating to do this first thing in the morning. This should be more simple and easily accessible. Maybe have ability to do these reservations through out the day. Suggestions - Food Services: It would be amazing to have self-service coffee/tea/ice cream. Sometimes we had to wait for 10 minutes for a waiter to just bring the hot water for our tea. Bunk beds didn't have bed covers. It would be nice to have those. We ordered room service - coffee - couple of times - and prices and the fees were a bit unclear. It would be super nice to have salsa dancing (which I love to do). The property offers plenty of space to have a live salsa band to enjoy and experience some dancing without going into town. :)

The hotel property was gorgeous and we really enjoyed all the amenities and entertainment. All the guest services, front desk, tour guide, and all other staff were really nice and helpful. The buffet was great and all other restaurants were delicious and we enjoyed the variety of food and drinks. We stayed at Family & Kids Co - very nice room, just enough space.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Wonderful stay
    • Melia Ocean View Room

Wish there would have been few more restaurants on grounds & another bar or so. In our 50's with adult kids so kind of wish there would have been an adults-only section.

Awesome staff & very clean. Beautiful grounds.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Staff was so friendly
    • Melia Ocean View Room

I got charged more once I got to the property than what I was quoted online for. In my confirmation it said $1,141.83, but my card was charged around $300 more than that. Would love it if Booking.com could look into this price difference for me.

Staff was so friendly

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

LOCATION AND SUPER CLEAN
    • Melia Garden View Room

EMPLOYEES, SOME WERE NICE SOME ARE VERY RUDE, LIKE THE LADY INCHARGE AT THE BOUTIQUE BESIDES THAT THEY TAKE THE DOLLAR SO LOW WICH I UNDERSATND THE HOTEL NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY SO WE KINDA IGNORED THAT SHE GAVE US A LITTLE ATITUDE WHEN I ASK WHY THEY PAY THE DOLLAR SO LOW? SHE REPLIED VERY RUDE IF YOU WANT ANYTHING HERE THIS IS WHAT WE PAY $18.90 IS FINE WE'LL STILL NEED TO BUY THINGS FROM HER SO ITS FINE WE SAID, THAN SHE WENT AHEAD AND ASK ME TO FILL UP A FORM THAT'S WHEN I SAID IT'S OK JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.. THEN AT CHECK OUT THEY ASKED US FOR ALL THE THINGS THEY HAD PROVIDED ON OUR STAY WHICH IT WAS TOW BRACELETTS, TOW CARDS FOR TOWELS AND HOTEL KEYS, MY WIFE FORGOT THE BRACELLETT AT THE ROOM WHEN SHE WENT BACK TO THE ROOM THERE WAS A LADY ALREADY DOING THE BEDS AND CLEANING THE ROOM WE ASKED IF SHE SAW A GREEN BRACELETT THAT WAS BY THE BATHROOM SHE SAID NO, SO WE GO BACK DOWNSTAIRS AND EXPLAIN THAT TO THE FRONT DESK THEY WON'T TAKE THAT AS AN EXCUSE SO THEY WENT AHEAD AND CHARGED ME $650 PESO I BELIVE IT WAS, ITS NOT THE MONEY ITS THEY SERVICE THEY GAVE US WAS HORRIBLE I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS HOTEL NOR RECOMEND IT EVENTHOUGH MY UNCLE WORKS THERE HIS MAINTACE MANAGER FIDEL CARDENAS HE WAS EXITED TO KNOW WE WERE GONNA STAY THERE, I NEVER TOLD HIM THE BAD NEWS WE JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOTEL EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED MY ROOM WAS#1319 REGISTER UNDER JULIO MONTALVO I STILL WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR EVERYTHING!!

LOCATION AND SUPER CLEAN

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Every thing was wonderful.

Nothing, it was perfect

Every thing was wonderful. The staff, the food was to die for and the grounds were excellent. It is one of the best resorts that I have ever stayed at and I have travelled quite a lot over the years. I will recommend it to all of my friends and family who are looking for a wonderful holiday.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Too expensive for my blood
    • Family Kids & Co. Room

The waiting at the front desk. The exorbitant costs when any changes are made to reservations made with bookings.com

there were many varied activities. The evening shows were great!

The shows👍👍
    • Meliá Ocean View 3 Adults

The shows👍👍 Activities team and staff are the best!!!

Right on the beach

Last bar closed at 1 am

Right on the beach

I would certainly recommend to friends.
    • Melia Ocean View Room

I would certainly recommend to friends.

It is nice and clean
    • Melia Garden View 3 Adults

It is nice and clean

Lovely weekend getaway.... we’ll be back!
    • Melia Garden View Room

The grounds were lovely.... huge pool... friendly staff.... good food... no complaints at all!

not as i would like

Outdated facilities

The restaurant staff.

Very pleasant
    • Melia Ocean View Room

Difficult to get to swim in the ocean, very rocky.

The people were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

pool and very kid friendly
    • Family Kids & Co. Room

cold shower no hot water

pool and very kid friendly

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The Check in proccess, it needs to be improved, it is very...
    • Melia Garden View Room

The Check in proccess, it needs to be improved, it is very slow.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great place!

Shows were great

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Food options & fare price
    • Melia Garden View Room

Very old property! Internet not complementary and too expensive considering they charge for each device

Food options & fare price

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Satisfied customer.
    • Family Kids & Co. Room

Excellent hotel. Great staff. Great food. L9ved it.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

The location was good, close to town and the marina.

We were there for a wedding with about 30 people. Almost all of the guests received rooms they did not request. We requested a room with one bed and got two twins plus bunk beds. Even the bride and groom did not get what they requested. The rooms weren't very nice and there was a dead cockroach in our bathroom. Our room was noisy, next to the elevator. The hotel seems a little old and run down. Almost time to renovate! At the grill restaurant we requested a dinner for all of us and they said they could not accommodate all of us at one time. Half had to go at 630 and half at 7. No big deal. But when we got there there was absolutely no one else at the restaurant. Overall, pretty disappointing as a whole.

The location was good, close to town and the marina.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

We traveled from Australia for my brother's wedding at...

We traveled from Australia for my brother's wedding at your hotel. We hardly left! All service was immaculate! One night I went too hard on the tequila and booked room service for the following morning. They must of heard my slur during the call and even called to double check in the morning if I still wanted it.the only improvement I could suggest is my room floor being cleaned properly. There was a lot of dust under the beds and food that we had not eaten in our room under the bed. Otherwise, don't change a thing! Thank you so much for your amazing patience while I practiced my Spanish!

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

Food was excellent!

Beds were uncomfortable. Shower pressure was to hard. Italian restaurant chairs had stains on all them.

Food was excellent! Atmosphere was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

The culinary staff was friendly and went out of their way.

The front desk staff that assisted me was not knowledgeable and the NO word was always the first one out of her mouth. They should have an experienced staff mentoring the new one so the guest experience ends up being a positive one.

The culinary staff was friendly and went out of their way. I would like to commend Jonathan, the maître at the specialty restaurants, who made guests feel like they were at a 5* dining venue.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Food and drinks were included in the room price.

Restaurants are not as varied as they might seem on their website. Atrocious service by staff - got the feeling they just didn't care. This was the worst element of the stay. Pool got all the children sick - what are they putting in there?

Food and drinks were included in the room price. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2015

The food ,your waiters especially Juan Guerrero very...

Wifi,lobby not secured ,poor connection .the provider did not provide the Airline checking in time .the staff were not friendly on our departure no goodbye or thanks you for staying with them, The telephone help was excellent service

The food ,your waiters especially Juan Guerrero very couretous and polite from breakfast to dinner And guide to the menu ,knowledge to different language.very knowledgeable on drinks to serve . Our room maid Jose Luis Very honest and all was secured and clean and our personnel items not disturb deserves a 9 on the scale of 10

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

The location of the resort is good and we weren't...

The staff were average, claiming that they hadn't received the requests made when we booked, they tried a sales pitch for a time share when we arrived. Wifi poor, food buffet average, gym was crap.

The location of the resort is good and we weren't hounded by people selling souvenirs

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

the staff if great and will return because of the child...

the food and drinks are cheap and i feel like iam paying for more yet get less..

the staff if great and will return because of the child activities.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2015

Cleanliness, desire to help.

Cleanliness, desire to help.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

NA

The way Hurricane Patricia was handled was not acceptable.

NA

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

We stayed at the Mayan the week before we will go back there...

It just seemed like the staff wasn't happy

We stayed at the Mayan the week before we will go back there but not the Melia.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Too noisy In the evenings.

Too noisy In the evenings. We had no place to have a drink after dinner without Music...

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

The worst resort I've stayed at. Staff were dishonest, unhelpful and rude. Rooms smelt musty and damp. Disappointing all round.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.