Reviews of Mision Guanajuato 4 stars

Camino Antiguo A Marfil Km 2.5, 36050 Guanajuato, Mexico

#50 of 85 hotels in Guanajuato

I liked the old hacienda style architecture and furnishings. It was old, but clean and modern feeling. There's an old hacienda museum across the way that was interesting to visit. Also, I liked that it was a little out of the centro/downtown, so more tranquil -- great parking. Helpful, professional staff.

- no English at the reception and at the restaurant, except an old man in the restaurant for my special order... vegetarian - no warm welcome - nobody helped me with my luggage the way up/down to/from the parking lot - WiFi only at the reception, in the morning nowhere - the bathroom wasn’t cleaned, the old furniture is nice but the front doors weren’t cleaned - the carpet was blotchy and smelled like old feet - no breakfast included This is my first review in that kind but I was so disappointed and angry after and during my stay at that hotel. I was really looking forward to the Hacienda. And then I had to experience that. I couldn’t sleep well and left the hotel at 7 in the morning. I’ve booked so many hotels, but nowhere I had such a bad price-performance ratio. I wouldn’t have said anything when the room was half of the price.

- surrounding with the old walls of the former Hacienda - size of the room - old furniture

The shower head sprayed all over. Our room faced the courtyard and as a result we could hear people outside our window talking at night. The hallways are tiled so there is nothing to absorb the sound when people are talking in the hallways. Earplugs helped a lot.

My wife had fallen when we were in town. They readily got us bags of ice for her to apply. The beds were very comfy. The staff was very nice, I just wish my Spanish was better. I felt very safe in Guanajuato.

First day of staying, found dirty socks between the blankets, not sure if they changed the sheets. Tiles floors on the corridor, very noisy when people walked by.

Staff is friendly

Its old, the carpet caused me alergies, didnt include breakfast, pillows were unconfortable, they charge me extra money for taxes but they should include the total amount in the offert we see at your page.

The price of the wine

We had several issues with the property. We arrived pass midnight and tired. We had to wait since there were issues opening the door for the room provided and had to locate another room for us. No elevators so theres issues with moving the bags upstairs downstairs and upstairs again. The second room we got, had issues with the ac unit which wasn't working. Three trips later to the front desk (because the phone did not work to call the front desk) the door in the room that lead to the pool would still not lock. The manager said not to worry to leave it unlock that nothing will happen.

The breakfast food was ok, and the ladies making the tortillas and quesadillas were really word, however the place was not very clean and you can see little bugs crawling on the tables.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

More smiles needed from front desk staff. No coffee maker or frig in room. Sulphur smell in bathroom. Noisy corridors. No elevator.

Atmosphere of surroundings, location and ease of access to points of interest. Our housekeeper, Clarita and waiters Enrique and Martin were very good.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Wifi only reached the doorway of our bedroom!

Great location for getting into town or for going out and about. (But, this is not a hotel for anyone with serious mobility problems as there are quite a lot of steps both to get to the hotel and within it and the lift only serves the upper floors.) We were impressed with the size of the very spacious room, in which our family of 3 never felt cramped. Maintenance were super. When we arrived, the shower head was squirting water in all directions but we mentioned it to reception on our first morning and by the time we got back to the room after breakfast it had been replaced and from then on we had a fabulous shower. The grounds are pretty and well kept and the pool and its surroundings are spotless.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

It was not very clear what was included in the included breakfast (American) and the standard buffet (not included), which lead to some small argumentation with the staff, but they solved it without problems in a friendly and professional way.

In general everything was really good, I traveled with my wife and 3 children and we had a fantastic time. All the members of the staff (reception, restaurant, pool, etc) were extremely helpful and polite. The included parking lot was a big advantage.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

There was a leak in the toilet so there was always water in the washroom, although it wasn't much. It was difficult to get there, the entrance is easy to miss and there is a whole detour to do if you miss it.

The pool was great, it wasn't cold, but it was cool enough to refresh! The view from my balcony was great too!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

A word of caution, when arriving by bus, we encountered a number of crooked taxi drivers. charging 10 times the going rate, if you pay more than 60 peso's for your trip, report the cab # to the front desk. There is good bus service from the hotel to the historic down town

A beautiful old hotel in one of Mexico's most beautiful cities, spacious rooms and lush grounds, a warm pool outside our door was a welcomed delight. Friendly helpful staff and a on site restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

I was actually there 5 nights- I paid for the first and last and the group I was with paid for the middle three. I honestly think the bad part was the food- it was basically- yuk. We are there as a group every day and each new day seemed like food recycled from the last day! We all mentioned it to each other, but because the staff was so nice, I even hesitate to bring it up.

I loved the staff! They were very polite and so helpful. And the whole "look" of the hotel goes with Guanajuato.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The bedspreads in the room were dirty. And they made 2 charges to our card and upon complaining they never gave me an answer, they kept calling me and it's time they did not.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Bathroom is old and no bathtub Loose windows which made vibrations with wind. Very load AC/heater

Location is great, specially if you are attending a wedding next door.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

breakfast was very sugar-loaded

great place a bit outside but still walking distance to the centro historico a bit of nature-feeling to it room was big and really nice

When I got to the hotel I was told at the reception that I had no room booked because according to them, my credit card didn't go through, and they kept telling me they sent an email (which is a total lie) they wouldn't give me a room, they actually told me they have my room to someone else... I never received any notice about this, I even got mails from booking.com letting me know everything was ready for my arrival. After hours of arguing with the manager and the rude staff people. I finally got a cheap and horrible room... Not what I was expecting at all.... Very Disappointing

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The room air conditioner never work properly, also the wifi in the room never work have to used the one by the lobby all the time, spoke with several front desk personal about the wifi issue and was never addressed. Poor maintenance.

The staff was super nice,

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

We had several issues with hot water, the wifi didn´t reach our room, the staff when we arrived was very poorly trained, although the other shifts were better. The room was much smaller than what it looks like in the picture.

The staff at the restaurant was very good. The food there was homemade.

Terrible staff. Didn’t provide WiFi password, no hot water at night, very old facilities.

The prices and the not so good quality of the food I ordered to my room

The pool, the rooms and the free coffee they have at some hours

No wifi

Jardines

Faucets leaks

The rooms set up and cleanes

The breakfast cost to much no ice machines no hot water staff was rude

Great rooms, quiet Location, good to explore the area

Fam enviroment

The breakfast was terrible No hot water in the shower

Nice building to be in Nice surrounding

Noise of out side of Room can't protect ...

Hotel location is good for tour the Ganajuato. Room temperature control well.

Ir esa no hot water in beth

Tve ver

Na

Comfortable.n quiet

Very good location: outside the very busy city center, with easy access by (cheap) taxi.

Something went wrong with my booking and they didn't include us the breakfast.

The rooms are very comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice place with a pretty gardens

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Poor maintenance to the rooms. Breakfast buffet very dissapointing considering the location.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

beds had stains, no hot water

Bartender was excellent! Awesome Margaritas!

Very noisy hotel at night. We had two rooms. In the first room there was a smell coming from the toilet. Carpet was very dusty.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Hard to find , maps where hard to read and get direction

Service and accommodation , food was excellent . Everyone was very helpful .

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

We selected this hotel because it is next door to the Museo Exhacienda San Gabriel De Barrera that was primary purpose of our visit of Guanajuato. Complimentary coffee pot in the morning was nice gesture.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

On my 1st day the room was cleaned. When I called front desk I was told it was not cleaned because they did not show anyone in the room. I checked-in that morning (4/23) at 4:30AM. On 4/24 we had dinner at this restaurant "El Pueblito". I has the soup and salmon. The soup was cold. The salmon was raw and served with rice n vegetables that were cold. It was a BIG disappointment.

The breakfast buffet was delicious but dinner was a BIG disappointment.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

couldn't open the window, smells bad bcz swage treatment out there, no elevator but complicated structure of building

bigger and silent room, parking lot.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

The hotel is old with poor lighting in the bathroom. The distance from the hotel to the town was more than we expected. The staff besides the lady who checked us in were not friendly. There was no hot water, it was tepid at best which was not great as it was quite cold and wet during our stay.

Although the room was old it was nice and clean. The hotel offered parking. There weren't many guests during our stay so the hotel was quiet which I did like.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

HORRIBLE TRATO EN RECEPCION

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

Was amazing

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

A little bit of noise in the room

I loved how was the room, the staff and the location

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

Hotel is not comfortable Is old

The room was ok

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

The room was very large. Helpful, kind staff. Beautiful Hacienda next door. Delicious Buffett!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

Poor Internet and since the hacienda os built índice concrete it was very cold

The property itself Beautiful landscape and architecture

• Reviewed: 19 January 2015

It feels like you are playing inside a maze, too many halls, stairs and rooms

The restaurant

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mision Guanajuato traveller photo gallery