Reviews of City Express Ciudad de México Alameda 4 stars

Revillagigedo No. 23, 06050 Mexico City, Mexico

#76 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

The location is perfect, right in the city center, yet not...
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The location is perfect, right in the city center, yet not too busy. Staff is very nice and friendly, decent breakfast, all in all our stay was comfortable.

staff were very helpfull.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

I did not like the entrance

staff were very helpfull. I stayed during ramadan. They arranged early breakfast for me. problem with hot water supply was resovled in 15 min. room was clean and nicely decorated. breakfast was good. the location is the best. Park, tourist bus, restaurent, bar, convenience store all are nearby. they arranged my early morning airport transfer.

Average business hotel close enough to the Metro station Juárez.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The blind curtain on the upper room (bed room) had been broken and did not close so that the room was bright from the early morning. We asked fixing but it had been left over during our entire stay.

Our room was maisonette type and we had enough space for our luggages and so on. Some of the staffs did not speak English but there are staffs speaking English and we had no problems.

1. Location is close to Alameda plaza.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Incorrect information of checkout. I had document of reservation which shows the time of checkout was at 3pm, however, a receptionist noticed me all checkout is 1pm by regulation. I suggested her to review it again but she did not accept it. I lost my personal time and had trouble of my journey. Please correct information or it must be trained well receptionists.

1. Location is close to Alameda plaza. But in front of the hotel seems like a little bit unsafe. 2. As other city expresses are clean, it was so neat and tidy. 3. Bellboys(carry man) was so kind, it could be deposited my luggages.

Property Under Renovation, lot of disturbance, Lift not...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Property Under Renovation, lot of disturbance, Lift not working , wait minimum ten minutes for to get LIFT, Staff (Reception person) not trained , One of the person interact badly . Have parking problem for my Guest,

The bed and shower
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The staff in general were not very supportive on obvious issues. You must have at least one English speaking staff member at the reception at any time. I was so disappointed as I checked in about 9pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departure I left for meetings at 8am . They insisted I had to check out at 1pm, came back & did so. My flight was to depart at 11pm, I asked for somewhere to change and they pointed to the public toilet!!!!! Their breakfast is not great...

The bed and shower

Disappointment
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Services was very POOR. Services are very POOR. Bathroom and shower are very very, very tiny and small. Only one elevator works and the other one was out of work through the 3 days that I stayed there. The “hotel” contains 9 level with one working elevator, and is very small only enough for 3-4 adult people. I asked room service for an opener of soda bottle and I my boy waited more than 30 minutes and no body brought us an opener. So I had to call them again from my room struggled to explain my need an Spanish language, because the person who responded to me wasn’t speaking English, after that to be surprised by the answer “we don’t have one”. I called the receptionist and told I need a bottle opener please, after a couple of minutes the guy from the reception crew came with a spoon to open a Coca Cola bottle to my boy. If you expecting to communicate by English language I tell you it would be SO hard, almost 90% of the staff doesn’t speak English. Be prepare to have a kind of transition application on your smart phone please.

Nothing, except the staff & location.

Great location, passable for the money, but quite poor in the facilities and cleanliness of room.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not very clean. I had to change rooms when i arrived, because my room had not even been vaccumed. The toilet space was too tight. The water pressure was very poor and it took very long for the hot water to kick in. Once it did, it was not possible to regulate the temperature without it going back to cold. The sheets on the bed are not large enough to cover the mattress. There is no comforter to cover the bed and the blanket supplied in the closet is not clean.

The staff was very pleasant.

The location is very convience, the staffs in the receptions...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sometimes will be a little noisy, others are good.

The location is very convience, the staffs in the receptions are nice and kind hearted. Especially the guy called Ricardo, he is good at english and always help people. Everytime come to Mexico, i would like to choose this hotel.

Clean, comfortable, safe, great location.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

First room had no safe and was a bit worn. Changed to one we stayed in last year which was fine.

Two good coffee machines. Healthy breakfast. Generally, very clean.

Good location.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very basic facilities, breakfast was so busy I couldn't get any, and room service never came despite calling twice and going down to the desk to follow up.

Good location. Good wifi. Very basic facilities but fine for a short stay for business.

Value for money
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

the toilet and the bathroom equipment needs to be upgraded, toilet flushing is somewhat slow and not effective.

The staff was professional and friendly. The choice of food offered for breakfast was good, it included fresh fruit, too.

Location is perfect;
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Furniture somewhat old, and some missing details like towel hooks etc

Location is perfect; Rooms are like the pictures: nice and lots of space; Beds are good; They let us in the room way before check in time, very nice

Great location with some drawbacks
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Noise, breakfast was same every day, and very few staff spoke English well enough to provide useful advice. Hot water ran out one morning!

Location and that the hotel is relatively new

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I paid for parking and they crashed my car overnight, I claimed to a manager a day later, when I noticed because they did not tell me. Today, five days after, I've not received an answer.

A disappointing hotel.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The bed wasn't comfortable. It was a queen size, but they didn't put queen size seems on it. They used full size sheets that didn't completely cover the mattress. The extra blankets smelled bad. The WiFi wasn't strong enough to do much of anything.

The room was nice and large. It was near the event I was attending.

The hotel is at a very good location: 5 minutes away from...
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The hotel staff needs to pull themselves together a bit, when it comes to breakfast. It starts at 7, but when we went down at 7, we found that the buffet was not completely ready and we had to sit in a dark restaurant which was not cleaned. On the first day the coffee machine wasn’t working. Scrambled eggs and pancakes were cold already at 7 and we think they were not fresh either. Also, offering a bit wider variety of cold cuts and cheeses, not just one kind, would be good. However, you can have a sufficient breakfast to keep you going long. The hotel offers a free shuttle service in a 5 km distance. We saw the vehicle parking in front of the hotel, however we couldn’t use the service, because we were told the driver was ill. Instead they were offering us costly organized tours.It is very interesting that a hotel like this can’t afford to hire another driver as well when offering this kind of service.

The hotel is at a very good location: 5 minutes away from the Hidalgo metro station and the Zócalo is a convenient 20-25-minute walk away just like Plaza Garibaldi.

Great location but facilities need attention
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I found the breakfast to be very poor - stale pastries, no rolls, cold or lukewarm egg dishes, etc. I love piping hot water so I can make myself tea but the hot water was in a carafe that tasted like coffee. I ended up buying fresh rolls for my breakfast daily and asked the staff to please boil water for me which they kindly did. Both bathroom sinks had only cold water and very little pressure. The TV didn't work when we checked in but it was fixed later.

The location was ideal - close to the metro and lots of museums and restaurants. It was very clean and our room was large.

Not happy with the price I paid. Found a much nicer hotel for considerably less money.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overall, the hotel was overpriced for what it offered. Not overly impressed with breakfast. Rooftop patio was closed.

Location to park and the downtown

worst experience in Mexico
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

I have make booking mentioned booking I will arrive around 7.30 am as my flight arrive there 6 am , when arrive there they say room no clean wait for me until 9 am cleaning staff come. Finally 10 am they say they can clean room until 11 am but asking psy extra half day room charges it was awful , they have room not willing to give , I told them next say I will check out very early as again my flight early morning but they insist and not willing give room , is worst experience in Mexico , except this breakfast awful

Nothing was which can like

Not worth now especially for this peoce
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The building is in a constat state of repair so there are workers everywhere painting the ceilings and walls while you walk under inhaling the paint. A lot of corridors and sone parts in the room are dusted due to ongoing works. You can hear the works being carried out even with the windows shut so it ia noisy. Apart from that there are workers going back and forth. For this price it should be top notch so dont bother going there now, maybe in a year when they will finish the remodelling.

Location is the only plus of this facility. The breakfast is reasonable but cannot offset the disadvantages.

Good stay under a budget :)
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was a bit plain if not rude at times. I had to ask afew times for a beeping fire alarm to be looked at in my room.

The hotel is in a great location and walking distance from many of the city's attractions.

Not the value for my money! Will never stay again nor recommend to friends! Reset review online!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smell of room was awful! The bathroom was not cleaned well when we got there! Towels smelled terrible! Pillows were very uncomfortable and the bed was stiff! There was NO SAFE in room and No iron!! To get an iron we had to leave our ID at the front desk!??? No Ironing board! The shuttle that’s “available” for the guests to use is not working. They have it parked outside for show, and when I asked to get service they gave me the run around! The reviews online are not accurate about this hotel being almost a 5 Star! 👎🏼

The staff and breakfast were excellent....good location. Disappointed no inapam discount...both my
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would not give age discount...said because I didn't book directly with them... View absolutely sucked!! Room much smaller than I expected

Staff...excellent food excellent

Avoid this hotel!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was rude and useless. Instead of a greeting on arrival, the rude young clerk immediately pointed to the sign and said, "You can' get your room until 3pm." Nice welcome and we knew that. The when we returned the clerk billed us for one night although our reservation was for three. I didn't argue because he had already rung up the charge -- maybe it was their system. When we returned from sightseeing the next evening, we were locked out and I had to go back down 9 floors and wait to pay for the additional nights. Stupid! The hotel cost considerably more than my normal choice in Mexico City which was full. I thought the included breakfast might make up for the additional expense. It did not: old fruit, a coffee maker which took 3 minutes to make a cup of coffee, no napkins visible and when we requested and got a napkin holder on our table, everyone came over to get one. The hotel advertises a rooftop terrace. Sorry it is rented? What does that mean. The bath room was unique, well designed but missing critical parts of racks to hang clothes and towels. So, you had to put your clothes on the bench and cover them with the towel. In our three day stay only one staff person greeted us -- a woman. The three or four men in black suits were too busy chatting among themselves. I will point out that our group included four Mexicans and a Spanish-speaking gringo.

The location.

It was good not great but I left happy.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no place to refill a water bottle, napkins and clean tables had to be asked for during breakfast, shuttle service was strange as to how to book- I asked they said it was done online but didn't explain where, there were no towels when we got there, the iron had to be traded with an ID, and the shower was a bit see- through, but the worst is that I thought they provided laundry- even at an additional cost- turns out they don't, I had to walk to a laundry place nearby.

The proximity to the city was great, the service was nice too. They were attentive if you asked, allowed you to keep your bag at the lobby while you explored the city even after check-in, the room service was good

Good in general.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

improve about the details mentioned before.

Good in general, some details to mention such as not changing the towals daily, only one elevator was functioning.

Great breakfast, location, but can use more irons.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

I booked my room in advance thinking the rooftop would be open, but it wasn't. Also, there are only a few irons available in the whole hotel, so ask for one early. The restrooms are not very spacious.

The breakfast was excellent. It was not a continental breakfast, but a real breakfast. Also, the location was really good too. The staff were all very helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Handy location and value for money stay in Meico City's Centro Historico.

Nothing comes to mind.

Good location - just off Juarez and Alameda Parque. Area felt safe, and not noisy. Easy walk to Bella Artes and rest of Centro Historico. Probably 15 min walk to Zocalo. Big comfortable bed - great shower, good towels. Good choice for breakfast, with several fruits, yogurts, couple of cereals, scrambled eggs, breads and pastries and 2 or 3 other warm Mexican dishes. Room well appointed with modern neutral design. Breakfast area well staffed and reasonably big - busy, but we were always able to get a table when we arrived. Air con in room worked well, if needed. Staff courteous, and helpful. Whenever we had need to ask something at reception, there was always someone there who spoke English. Convenience store across the road from the hotel, was handy if drinking water or other small items were needed. Would stay there again, if we visit Mexico City.

Breakfast was on point!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like we had to wait until 3pm to get our rooms even if it's ready. The convenience of checking in your bags is fine but some hotels do allow you to get the key if the room is ready.

Breakfast was on point! The rooms were clean and big enough for our party of 3. The area seems a bit rough at first sight but I felt safe at all times.

Great value for money in Mexico city
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

- we asked for a wakeup call at 3:30am which staff forgot about - shower floor is slippery as hell

english-speaking staff, great room, great usage of space, good breakfast, good wifi (which was accessible even in the room, not only in public areas as advertised). will stay again if we are ever back to Mexico

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

I would stay here again
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Hotel is located in a save area, our room in 6th floor was really exactly as on the picture - nice, clean and big with a big bed. It was also quiet enough to get a good sleep.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Wonderful stay in Mexico City in Centro Historica!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upon arrival I stated to Edgar we needed 3 more nites accomodation. We mentioned this 3 times. He kept saying "No Problema!!" When I tried again to make reservation via their 800 #-- which he recommended-- no room at the inn!! Needed to move hotels for our last 3 nites in Mexico City. In same area & actually a great hotel--- just an aggravation!!

Very comfy beds. Free breakfast. Happy & friendly staff & location very near Palacios DEL Bellas Artes!!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The low flush toilet required multilple flushes and you could hear a lot of noise from the othee rooms and the hallway. Asked to be moved to a quieter location but was put off twice by the fromt desk that there were no other rooms. It is a nice hotel in a great location and I would try them again, I think I just got a room in a bad location.

Great location and the breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Maybe!!!!
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Shower flooded the floor up to the bedroom, got transferred to another room, better but no hooks or hangers on wall to hang wet towels. Do not provide hair conditioner!!!! Receptionists do not SPEAK English. Only one or two did n they were nice n kind n helpful!!!

Location! Safe neighborhood to enjoy Walking, good restaurants around n handful of great Catholic Churches!!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

- friendly staff (we arrived early and they helped us to...
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

- after breakfast both me and my wife got sick (and it was after two weeks of no food problems in Mexico)

- friendly staff (we arrived early and they helped us to join a trip that was starting within 30 minutes)

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Excellent and safety location, pretty and modern building,...
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Thin walls between the rooms, we heard the neighbours showering.

Excellent and safety location, pretty and modern building, big and very clean room. The breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Great location and great breakfast!
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The staff at the front desk on the day we arrived seemed a little indifferent and unsmiling. Not a great first impression of the hotel.

The breakfast was really good and staff here friendly and very efficient.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Good breakfast and location.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Separate shower and toilet in the room. No proper window with street view.

Good breakfast and location. Walking distance to the main tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

We were very disappointed with this hotel.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

We were very disappointed with this hotel. Although the location was good the service wasn't. It took nearly an hour and a half to bring the towel we asked for-only after we called 7 times!!!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Rude
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Manager did not find reservation for over one hour even though we had it on iPad. Then tri d to charge more than booking .com agreed too. Got it straightened out but left bad taste. Then ordering a cab for hotel with all luggage, made us get out to get another cab. Rude from beginnng to end. Don't stay here!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good location, comfortable and reasonably priced
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Nothing bad comes to mind

Good location which allows a pleasant walk to Alameda park. The Zocalo can also be reached on foot if you don't mind a 20 minute walk, which leads you past several other landmarks. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Everything was good
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The thing is they closed the streets and the taxi can't go thu and I was afraid I can loose my flight because when I arrived I have to wait 3 hours from the airport to your hotel

Everything was good

Good location, nice hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked three single beds and they gave us two double beds

Good location, nice hotel

I will come back
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Very close to places of interest

Entertainment

In general, good
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast, everyday the same.

It's comfortable and the location is great

Average
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Most of the staff don’t speak English.

The location in the center of the city, within walking distance to the old city.

Fare
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was comfortable, good price.

Terrible staff service

Terrible staff service

It was good and convenient

Good location and breakfast

Cercanía

Cercanía

Very good price/service ratio
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There are street eorks all around we had hard time to get to the hotel

Room was comfortable

Personal amable y servicial

Personal amable y servicial

very helpfull staff

breakfasts

very helpfull staff

It was very relaxing.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The gym was small and outdated.

Great customer service . The patio on the roof was great.

a nice variety of breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

a nice variety of breakfast.

adequate but not as good value as Hotel Fleming
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

For the first night, my room had not been properly cleaned

Great place, great value
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Room shades, need to be aware that the rooms have two sets of shades, one is block out and the other is translucent

Completely renovated

Really enjoyable!

Good breakfast buffet.

Close to Zocalo, Bellas Artes
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mosquitoes in the room and toilet, the glass wall in the bath you can see with some one is taking a shower

Close to Zocalo, Bellas Artes

Great spot
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very helpful and patient with our English. The million water bottles we drank were free!

If you get a good rate is a good stay, great location
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The staff is not that friendly, the breakfast is just the same everyday

The value for money is right, the location

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

We felt a great "Bienvenidos "
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Kind staff. Breakfast with a wide choice.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Services
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Noise water from the others rooms

Services

excellent staff services
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

traffic noise and water dripping sound from floors above during night time were annoying

excellent staff services

Would stay again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The window faced a dark interior courtyard. The rooftop patio was not accessible.

Location is great. Clean, friendly and comfortable.

The food was really good but was a lot of people.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

The TV always on while we were eating.

The food was really good but was a lot of people.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The good location

the breakfast was horrible

The good location

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Perfect place to visit Mexico
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Situation, calm even it's in the Centro we were not disturb by the street.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Best downtown value.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent breakfast. Comfy beds. Close to action. 5 stars for me.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

V.Good accomodation, v.good location, Good value

"0" soud proofing of room door no ice easlily available

Staff friendlyness, accommodation proximity to transportation

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Perfect hotel for city trip.
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Location, room, cleanliness, staff.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Great location and value for money
    • Standard Room with One Queen Bed

Breakfast could have a bit of improvement

Great location, comfy bed, room was big enough. Definitely good value for money

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

AK
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is near rafinaria.