Reviews of Moon Palace Cancun - All Inclusive 5 stars

Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 340, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#80 of 161 hotels in Cancún

Exceptionally Bad Service. Choose another hotel. Not worth the money!
    • Superior Room with Garden View

Do not reserve here! Booking's algorithm for rating is also off. I wanted to give a 0 but the lowest that is given is 2.5 even when choosing all bad. I did not like anything. We arrived to the hotel with the our Booking.com reservation for 2 adults and 1 child. Clearly stated in the reservation. Upon arrival they said they only had reservation for 2 adults and that we had to pay more. We told that this is an issue to resolve with Booking not with us. Next Fernanda of the Front Desk said there was no payment in their system and that they could not give us bracelet because we did not pay and first had to sort this out. We had a payment receipt both from Booking and PayPal. We sent these to her and manager Lucia or Laura by email on the spot and even this was not enough. None of employees at the Front Desk are in the right position. They don't know how to provide a great service as can be expected from this type of hotel. All the time they were whispering between themselves and a no moment was any respect shown. What was supposed to be a special weekend started off very badly. Not at all the experience I was expecting from a 5 star/diamond hotel. After more insisting and more insisting and obviously getting angry and disappointed, we finally we got the bracelets and went to the pool. After about 4 hours I got 2 messages on my phone that our room was ready. We thought, great service to get a message and went back to the reception. There was a lady at the reception (another one) that almost activated our bracelet to access the room and then suddenly another colleague and the Front Office Manager showed up stating that we can not access the room at all because we did not pay. More than 4 hours later, they still had not resolved the issue with Booking.com. We had sent all information already of payment and even so 4 hours later we were once more treated with no respect and had to go through the whole storey again.

Nothing! Very bad service from Booking.com and from Moon Palace. If you are paying for a 5 star hotel I expect 5 star service from the moment of check-in! Would have given a 0 but booking only allows a 2.5 as lowest.

Rooms were spacious and clean
    • Superior Room with Ocean View

We stayed here for a small (less than 40 people) family wedding. While I would recommend this resort for a general visit (hotel was nice and clean), I would NOT recommend it for a small wedding. The wedding planner didn’t attend the reception for more than a very short time and there was no direction for the reception activities. The toast was an afterthought after people asked when it was going to be (ended up with / after cake). There was confusion on what was to occur when and no announcements for activities (we weren’t aware the cake was being cut!) The wedding planner was paid and the couple should not have to run the reception. It seems they were told there were other, larger weddings on site - but each wedding should be given meticulous attention and direction! To top it off, the meal was inconsistently cooked - some had medium rare steaks (as ordered) but many had over cooked, dry steaks! It was not of a caliber that I would expect at an expensive resort.

Rooms were spacious and clean

Good facilities, awful service and pushy sales people trying to sell you timeshare!
    • Superior Room with Garden View

room Service was horrible. food takes over 1 hour to be delivered and it was stone cold multiple times. Staff was clueless on the processes; everything was a hassle... To get a day pass, to change appointments or to use resort credits. If you make any bookings calling the extension from the room, no one can help you in the lobby. All systems were disconnected and different people will tell you different things. Drinks were ridiculously watered down.. I mean come on! There was literally no alcohol in any of the cocktails. Also, the food was strictly OK and service in the restaurants was spotty. Oh and the pushy sales people in the lobby-- That was the biggest turn off. Right after you arrive all exhausted and just want to get to your room, these so called guest services folks get you under the pretext of going over the resort and amenities. Then they try to force you to attend a timeshare presentation. They visibly get upset and keep pushing if you decline. When I travel thousands on miles for my vacation, this is the last thing I want to deal with. I have paid enough money and just want to relax. The timeshare sale thing was disgusting! I will never go here again ever.

Room was spacious and bed was comfy. The spa was very well equipped.

My stay was enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Room

Was not told about bonus dollars. Learn about it from others.

Able to move freely from property to property the availability of food at all three properties.Events taking place throughout the day.

Great Resort Stay with all includisve! Loved the Grand Moon Palace
    • Deluxe Room

The thing I am most upset about is that Bookings.com doesn’t inform you that there are 3 Moon Palace Hotels!! We happened to book the wrong hotel to the rest of my family - they were staying at Nizuc and we were at the Grand, (the other hotel is Sunrise). So basically we had to get a coach between the hotels every time we wanted to see them! It was so frustrating because my booking just says that we have booked for the Moon Palace Resort - nothing about which hotel we were booked into! I actually wasn’t aware that there was more than one hotel and it doesn’t mention it on my booking! I wish we had known as I wouldn’t have booked it, I know that the Grand is better than Nizuc but we only went there for a wedding and we didn’t spend any time with the family because it was too hard!! The communication from the hotel reception staff was terrible - they didn’t tell us anything about our resort credit when we checked in, we found out about it through the tour bookers. The reception didn’t tell us anything about how to get around the hotel, we were told about this by one of the golf buggy drivers. The reception didn’t tell us anything about our hotel or the other hotels - nothing about the restaurants or that we had to book for dinner, nothing about the live entertainment or daily activities!! Just nothing. Upon check out they didn’t even ask us how our stay was?! The taxi to the hotel was so expensive, don’t book it with the hotel, wait until you get to the airport!

The hotel was fantastic, it was big and spacious, easy to get around via the golf buggies and there was so much to do including a bowling alley, a spa, swimming pool, water park and beach! Loved that absolutely everything was all inclusive, we did get a good deal so it was good value for money. The rooms were huge with a nice view and jacuzzi in the room! Most of the staff were super friendly and I loved having access to the other two hotels in the Resort, Nizuc and Sunrise!

I enjoyed this place very much.
    • Deluxe Room

They were disorganized with the cleaning of the room. My room wasn't cleaned up for several days.

I enjoyed this place very much. The food was excellent and the staff very nice. The beach is not very pretty, but it's calm and safe for kids.

Lovely spot.
    • Superior Room with Ocean View

Options for vegetarians could be improved, specifically protein options.

Lovely well run spot. Employees were professional, polite and very hard working. Attended a wedding. All was done well.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Very clean.
    • Deluxe Room

After 10.30 am there was no spot or chair available in poolarea`s or beach. All the chairs where taken by leaving an towel on it.

Very clean. Friendly staff with great service. Variety of different restaurants with great food.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Good experience overall
    • Superior Room with Garden View

The quality of the food could have been a bit better. Some of it was good, a lot not. Also, people hoard the lounge chairs with their towels and never come back. Staff should monitor that more

Premium liquor was used. Facilities is really nice.

Great place to stay. If your not a beach lover
    • Deluxe Room

THE BEACHES!!! I have been told that they are always with seaweed. I don't like a place at a beach that I have to go to another beach to swim. I'm sorry for you because the resort is great and was supposed to be included.

Resort was lovely Our room safe never worked. Always had to ask for towels and loved the Brazilian steakhouse.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Fun & would visit again
    • Superior Room with Ocean View

Check in was very slow. They didn't take into account our earlier arrival time. We weren't given a king size bed as requested on booking.com. We had two separate beds that they just slid together with a sheet on top! The room, bedding and even the telephone smelled of mould or mildew, like the cleaning is not being done thoroughly. We wanted to go jet skiing but didn't have cash on us when we went down to the beach as we thought we could charge it to the room, they said we couldn't and that we couldn't use our resort credits - we of course didn't want to walk all the way back to the cash machine and back so you lost out on a minium of $140 (plus more if our friends joined us and the potential of us doing it more times!) Rule 1 in hospitality; make anything possible for the guests & charge to the room always. Also when booking 'superior room with sea view'; very misleading - you can see the sea from a distance but i wouldn't call it a direct sea view.

Breakfast buffet is amazing, great that it opens at 6am for those who have planned early starts to the day. Pools are great with the pool bars and especially loved the sun loungers in the pool! Jacuzzi bath in room is great, as well as hammock on balcony.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Not again, stay away paid £2500for a week accomodation it's 👎👎
    • Deluxe Room

Too big, breakfast not suffecienly space waited 29 minutes for an omelette which after all I got the wrong one 👎 I was here 15 years ago. I paid £7500 for two weeks and paid £10,000 for Concorde. Very poor

The size is too big, pools pooly Maintenaned. They have just built on orginsls surfaces and the water line semered in tiles layer a drinken pub washer. It's a disgrace I've got photos if you want them

Amazing
    • Deluxe Room

The slides at the grand were not working

Magic show

All....

Magic show

This stay exceeded my expectations.
    • Deluxe Room

Clean and open room. Spacious patio. Helpful staff and great meal options. Miniature golf course was fun.

Gym was great, staff was amazing they did an amazing job...
    • Deluxe Room

Gym was great, staff was amazing they did an amazing job with my conference

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Eat and rest

No elevator

Excellent food

The room was very far from the conference center and it took...
    • Deluxe Room

The room was very far from the conference center and it took a long time to get a pick up

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Golf tennis gym

Waste of food. Beach not nice. Impossible to get into restaurants

Golf tennis gym

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

8/10/16 resort stay
    • Superior Room with Ocean View

The beds were not that comfy.

Everything! Food, staff, amenities,....the list goes on!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Spectacular Stay
    • Deluxe Room

The water in the pools could have been a little cooler.

The entertainment was great

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Florider was great for my son.

The beach is terrible and there is tons of seaweed in the water, had bugs in room, entertainment was terrible and low quality based on other Cancun resorts, nothing to do except pool, gym and eat.

Florider was great for my son. Food was comparable to other Cancun resorts.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Asked for king size bed, got 2 full size beds. Asked for king size bed, and 2 days later got 2 full size beds put together with gap in between mattresses and both beds with separate sheets. Staff tends to be rude with a smile, or make condescending jokes acting like they are smarter and trying to be sly. Nice facility but terrible customer service. Got a wake up call every morning at 8am punctual about timeshares... really so much for a romantic, relaxing weekend with my wife without the kids. Spend your money smarter...go to Paradisus, we usually go there but because we went with a group of friends that picked this place we agreed.

Facility and food was good.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Staff was great!

If you dont book with them on their own site then you are treated like a 2nd class citizen. The pools are a mess. Wife was there at 630am and all the chairs were taken. The beach is unusable! We do 1-2 resorts a year and worst beach we have come across yet.

Staff was great! Food was very good.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Overall the moon palace is an excellent place to stay.

For us beach lovers the beach was disappointing. I took a dip one day when the water was clear but other days I just took the shuttle over to there other hotel and hung out at the beach there. As for my partner he wanted to see more seafood out at buffets and Also more beefoor turkey out for breakfast. If you love pork you won't have a problem.

Overall the moon palace is an excellent place to stay.Service is excellent. They go out there way to make sure you have what you need.Food was goodF.d and plenty of drinks available in your room and around the resort.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

The facilities were excellent, staff with great energy and...

The food in the Restaurants Momo and Espadas Brasileras was not nearly as good as the other. If you want to go our of the resort by your own, taxi fees are crazy. The was a guy at the check in who were very "imperative", gave us bad impression to start with. The section Nizuc were very crowded, we suggest Sunrise and Moon Grand.

The facilities were excellent, staff with great energy and always with a big smile. Most of the restaurants are decent, specially Italian and Seafood. We had few issues but the staff resolve them pretty quickly, great attention!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2015

Overall the place was nice.

Ocean view rooms only give you a glims to the ocean, wifi almost doesn't work anywhere other than in rooms. Golf and pretty much everything is ridiculously overpriced. Beach is not very nice, you probably will not want to leave the pool area.

Overall the place was nice. Lots of pools and nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Staff

Staff Food Amenities

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Service

Check in very long and not prepared. Did not receive the room I requested.

Service

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Nice bed.

Overcrowded. Poor service, staff nonchalant. Couldn't get a table in any restaurant without a substantial wait each evening.

Nice bed.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

The Location

The Weather

The Location

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

grand roof top bar staff

unable to move to be close to the people i traveled with

grand roof top bar staff

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.