Reviews of NH Mexico City Centro Historico 4 stars

Palma, 42 Centro, 06600 Mexico City, Mexico

#82 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

safe, quiet, price was right and in the middle of everything
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the lobby had a very small bar, but no one was there. Asked if there was a bar with music. the front desk suggested "Pata Negra" (about a block away). It was a very nice place, drinks were great, the atmosphere was just what I was looking for.

Location, and the staff was friendly, food was good, not crowded and it was quiet

We have stayed at this hotel many many times and had a good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We have stayed at this hotel many many times and had a good time but this visit was terrible they put us in a 1 floor room. It was on the corner were it was close to the road and was so noisy with traffic and people this visit was not good I hope you resolve this issue

The breakfast, and the location and the cleaning
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The stuff in the mini bar is not a complimentary of the hotel you have to pay out of your own pocket and it's really expensive.

The breakfast, and the location and the cleaning

Average hotel at best
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- worn down room - They turned on some weird elevator music in the morning in the hallway which woke both of us up - I had to remind staff twice that we had a late checkout

- Location was convenient as it was very close to Zocalo. During night this is not the best area to walk around though.

Great choice for those exploring Mexico City

Nothing to complain

The location is perfect and the rooms are kept super clean. I think it is a great choice for travellers who would like to explore central Mexico City. But if you want to have a calm night in the hotel, the offer from the restaurant is also really good. The staff is really friendly and helpful as well. I would come back.

Very good option
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No complains about the hotel in general. Perhaps the gym area is a little small but the good part is, it is open 24 hours and just a few people use it.

The location is very convenient, plus the personel is very friendly and polite, always willing to help with any question.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Nice lobby area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No toothbrushes /-paste inside room. Room seemed small. In-room coffee is not complimentary

Nice lobby area. A Starbucks shop integrated Good comfy bed.

Comfortable, pretty, elegant and practical.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This one is hard, the only thing i could criticize is the WIFI, like in almost every hotel ,(sadly), the wifi is always pretty bad, comes and goes, slow. Oh, and i was missing a nightstand, we only had one.

First of all the location is perfect, there is so much to do within just 2 blocks, the rooms are so clean and pretty, the dark wooden floor just beautiful. They even left a welcome gift in our room at our arrival.

The reception staff and especially the doorman/ porter...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception staff and especially the doorman/ porter were all amazing! The whole team in the front desk area were incredibly helpful and happy to assist.

good place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the staff cannot speak English, this is kind of wired because a lot of international guests stay in this hotel. And it actually causes some misunderstanding. The room is not big.

The location is perfect and the room is very clean.

Good location but not a good value of money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The day staff member of my arrival day was very rude. When I arrived the hotel the price was 50 USD higher than what i was supposed to pay according to Booking. When I asked for explanation he just told me that's the price and didn't give me any reasonable explanation (taxes? Different exchange rate?). I just asked to know if it was my mistake or theirs, but I received very hard look so i stopped asking question. Made me feel very unwelcomed. The other staff members and the guy in charge of the tours were nice and friendly. The price does not Include breakfast.

Good WIFI. Great location.

My stay was marvelous. Checkin and checkout were speedy and the hotel is in a great spot.

n/a

It was close the Zocalo and it was easy to find. The rooms were great, had everything you need to be comfortable. The staff was great and checkin was really easy.

Wonderful stay and visited nice places. Pyramids etc.

written above.

allow guests to select best location from the available rooms. Particularly those who are coming from International agencies like World Bank.

The location is great;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room 205 was very dark, window is facing an inside corridor with little light; hard to see to pack or unpack; don’t get this room

The location is great; clean, staff is friendly

Well located, comfortable stay, good food, but restaurant staff during dinner lacked knowledge of E
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was too springy. Bathroom too small. Would have liked more closet space.An armchair would have been more than welcome.

Breakfast was very good. Staff at the reception very helpful and went out of their way . Miguel, Fitter.

Great central location with all the comforts.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Water, Coffee and tea not restocked. Too many intrusions for no reason by housekeeping. Housekeeping seemed not to be very organised.

Comfortable, spacious, fabulous location.

I would never stay at NH again.
    • Superior XL King Room with extra bed

My first visit ever to Mexico city and I was not greeted or made to feel welcomed at this establishment by most of its employees. I felt I was discriminated against because I am of Mexican decent but my Spanish is awful.

The tour guide that was arranged for us by the night staff at the reception desk. The gentleman working the reception desk was much friendlier and cordial than the day time employee, although we did all the communication with him via telephone.

Central location, comfortable room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Use the coffee maker for boiling water but the water is not hot enough.

The location of this hotel is very convenient, just a few minutes walk to Zocalo subway station, the Cathedral, and the National Palace. Room is spacious with all the basic amenities (e.g. hair dryer, coffee maker). Room is quiet, hearing no noise from outside. Shower room and toilet are separated, which is good if you are traveling in pairs. Staff are accommodating, friendly, helpful and speak good English. You can leave your luggage at the hotel after checking out without additional cost.

The hotel staff were very friendly and they really keep an...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff were very friendly and they really keep an eye on who enters the main door which makes it more safe. Very comfortable beds. The breakfast Buffet is very delicious with Mexican food and a variety of great juices. Sándwiches and salada, pastries and fresh fruits. The Waiter Edgar would go the extra mile at all times by offering more at out table and everyone in general at the beautiful terrace were extremely nice. Very pleasant stay and just around the corner from the históric Center in México City where we did most of sightseeing on foot. I highly recommend it !

Great location, clean room but the service at breakfast could have been better.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was great but unorganized. We had to wait for the waiter for 15 minutes to get a coffee.

Location was fantastic. Close to shopping and attractions.

Great location right near the Zocalo. Everything was within walking distance.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rates for hotel taxis were pretty high. Better to arrange one's own.

Breakfast buffet was a great value! The staff are friendly. It really helps if you know some Spanish and at least try to say a few words. The hotel is right near the textile, jewelry, and beads district. You'll find rows of shopping outlets with these items (and more) in addition to all the amazing cultural/historical sites and museums all around the city. Make sure to checkout Templo Mayor!

Convenient and pleasant
    • Superior XL King Room

Room service and check out clerk did not follow my instructions properly as to which credit card to billed causing me a reversal on my account that i am still waiting on from my Ollo credit card

I liked the service staff at breakfast, also the omelettes and fruit were delicious

Comfortable king bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The charged me twice, I was told to follow up to make sure I’m issued a credit. Gym not restocked with water. Staff English generally not great as it should be at a hotel that seems to cater to foreigners,

Comfortable king bed. Overall nice hotel.

Amazing breakfast selection and the rooms had really comfy...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When we first checked in the room we were given smelled really bad of cigarette smoke but they moved us pretty quickly. Unfortunately the next room was directly above the entry which has a revolving door that gave an awful screech every time it spun which we could hear very loudly.

Amazing breakfast selection and the rooms had really comfy beds. Staff were helpful and nice. Great location

Questionable Safety Durinf Earthquake
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1) we were misled about a tour package. We were sold a ‘private tour’ that included a guide and driver for Teotihuacan for the same price as another package and that we could pay by card. However, when the driver arrived he said he would only take cash (which was fine just inconvenient as the sum warranted a stop at an atm)- further, when we arrived at the ruins he informed us he wasn’t permitted to be a guide there. We essentially purchased a taxi ride for more than what we would have paid by Uber or just plain taxi. Ultimately, we loved the driver and requested he take us the following day, but we were unhappy with the front desk’s misrepresentation. 2) probably the bigger issue here that hopefully no other travelers experience: we were asleep during an earthquake that triggered city alarms on the streets outside. Luckily my friend heard the city alarms and woke me up so we could evacuate - since the city earthquake warnings are in Spanish we only recognized them bc a different quake had hit midday when we first arrived. Now, my issue with the hotel is that they appeared to make 0 effort to alert the guests staying at the hotel to evacuate to the street. As we exited, other guests were confused about whether they needed to leave the building. One had called down to the desk earlier and were told to leave the building. Another said they tried calling the front desk but no one was picking up at that point. Now, when we were on the street I saw hotel staff there - in my opinion the hotel has a duty to prioritize the safety of guests and at the very least do the due diligence of an all building alarm or make calls to occupied rooms. The earthquake turned out to be minor, but to my knowledge there isn’t a resident seismologist at the hotel that could make that call since it was strong enough to move objects and trigger city alarms.

Clean rooms only a block or so from Zocalo with a Starbucks entrance in the lobby and diner next door. Shower was spacious and the rooms were modern. Beds were soft and I like that it didn’t have carpets (I feel like floors are cleaner that way)- I saw the housekeepers wet swifter the floors in rooms. The top floor restaurant was okay. We didn’t try the breakfast. They always have a taxi outside and the front desk is very friendly. Felt safe walking around the hotel in early evening.

No dissapointments
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It must be against Mexican state law to have a comfortable pillow.....Easy fix is pack your own

comfortable bed, modern bathroom, lots of lights, good water pressure and lots of hot water. Best location, We had room service it was super fast, reasonable price and good food

Nice hotel to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I found some hair on the floor for two days.

It’s located in the heart of Mexico City and easy to get everywhere. Our flight back to London was in the late evening and the hotel allowed us to checkout late.

I wouldn't go back.It was our first time in Mexico. It was nice visiting el Zócalo but no staying t
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room shook as at the beginning of an earthquake. When I called to ask what was the reason I was held on the phome quite long and then told that it might stop al 11pm when the restaurant next door closed. It did. But it was really annoying.

Very good location, nice staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Locked windows (bad smell & moisture from the bathroom), old & smelly air condition, poor & costly breakfasts

Very good location, nice staff

Perfect home base for a week in Mexico City.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable and quiet at night. Perfect location at the Zocalo. Great breakfast to start each day. They even had bikes that we could use (with deposit).

Good value for money. Excellent choice!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing. We simply loved everything.

Excellent service and great central location to all the tourist places that we want to visit. Good breakfast and dinner!

Perfect location in city center.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was really cold. My stay was in a cold period in Mexico but this hotel is not having any heating system and I did have to fold my linen into 2 to get warm enough. A good thing I was alone. Breakfast opens only at 7 am. The if you leave early to get to Teotihuacan no possibility to get Breakfast. They have a small kit with a few things for early breakfast but when you have booked and paid for the full breakfast it is a pity specialy as they do not want to change your booking and diminish the price even if you now you will not enjoy breakfast.

The location is great. Right glose to the main place in the Centro Historico. Quiet place for a city center

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very good buffet breakfast with excellent service, the location is central and it is easy to acess transportation and near-by historic sites. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds and good lighting. The bathrooms can be a little awkward but are clean and plenty of hot water.

Fantastic place, Fantastic location.

Not much to not like.

Very nice, clean and modern hotel. Rooms are great too. They looked bigger in the pictures but that’s ok. Staff are very nice. Location is the best.

Nice hotel but didn't like the location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was difficult to get in and out of the shower - you have to climb in which would be difficult for older or immobile people. It's close to the Zocalo but I found the areas of Zona Rosa and La Condesa to have better restaurants and cafes and a generally more chilled, safer vibe.

Fantastic and varied breakfast with great coffee! It's away from the main streets so it's nice and quiet. Staff were friendly and the room was clean. Good wifi.

Very central, comfortable if a bit characterless
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air con did not seem to have a heating facility so I was a little cold and there were no blankets

Very comfortable bed. Extremely central location 2 mins walk from Zocalo

A wonderful place to stay in the heart of Mexico City and a haven for non-smokers!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

OK. I know that what I am about to say may actually boost the status of this hotel for non-smokers. The hotel prides itself on being 100% smoke free. Although I applaud their efforts in creating a clean environment, they take this to an ugly extreme which goes beyond exaggeration. The breakfast area has an outside area that could easily accommodate smokers without bothering anybody. The hotel staff even informed me that they removed the bench in front of the hotel where smokers used to go. I find this a bit too mean. The bathroom is poorly designed with glass doors that open to the inside, making it difficult to get in and out of the room, if not dangerous. The bathtub is a bit dangerous too for a shower, but fortunately there are handles on the walls so at least you can grab on to something if you slip.

The location of the hotel was excellent, just around the corner from the Zócalo in the historic district of Mexico City. The breakfast was complete with many choices, from sandwiches to custom made omelets and to Mexican fare as well. I asked for soft corn tortillas and was surprised they went into the kitchen and got one for me.

I guess ok

Was not maintained, had scratches on wall and furniture the amenities for the room not as they show on website I had to ask to clean the room properly

The location in downtown Mexico the breakfast

Reasonable price considering the location, facility and staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Several hairs on the bed when we first entered the room. Bathroom kinda clogged. Restaurant overpriced.

Friendly and helpful staff. Easy check-in/out with luggage storage. Relatively new facility with a bright room. Easy to get to attractions close to the area.

Unpleasant.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room was so small for a "Superior" room. We never did find out the difference between a standard room and a superior one. In order to get into the tub/shower you would have to sit on the wide ledge, turn around and stand up. Other than a desk chair, there was nowhere to sit. We checked out the next day.

Probably wouldn't stay here again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

(1) Fly infestation in the bathroom. Staff and/or previous guests killed a bunch of them, which left black marks on the bathroom ceiling. I didn't realize what the marks were until I killed a few of them myself...hope I didn't take any "guests" home with me. At least they weren't roaches. (2) Holes on the bed coverings. Not a big deal, but come on, this isn't a motel. (3) The front desk people were pretty terrible. In my first encounter, I asked the guy if Uber was the best way to get to Teotihuacan. He told me "No, Uber doesn't go up there. Hold on, I have a guy who can take you." Of course, that was a lie...Uber does go there, and for a lot cheaper than the guy he brought in to sell me a tour. I don't mind a hotel pushing a tour, but when hotel workers lie to guests it raises a whole series of concerns, especially in CDMX. When I asked another front desk guy for advice about traffic and the commute to the airport, he gave me one-word answers and was completely unhelpful. I speak decent Spanish, so there wasn't a communication problem. As a single guy, I can overlook #1 and #2, but crappy customer service is kind of a deal breaker. If staff were given customer service (and maybe ethics) training, this could be a decent hotel for the money. On the plus side, there's a Starbucks attached to the hotel and it's really close to the Zocalo.

Good location for sightseeing in Centro Historico. Housekeeping staff was friendly and always asked if I needed anything.

When we return to Mexcio City - we would definitely consider staying at the NH again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

English speaking front desk staff were not always available.

Excellent Location - great base from which to explore Mexico City. Ready access to Xocalo - also a reasonable walk to places like the Belles Artes. From Xocalo - we could hop on the Metro and journey much further distances. Restaurant at the hotel was excellent. Rooms nicely appointed. Staff helpful - tourist cabs that hotel arranged excellent. Compared to other hotels in the Centro Historico - we felt that the NH was excellent value for the money.

Great value for price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room was a bit noisy as it overlooked the main street. Cleaning was good, but non impeccable.

Great value for price. The room was spacious and bed comfortable. Free WiFi connection.

Staff was very nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed is a little bit on the hard side and the shower is a bit hard to get out off.

Staff was very nice. Location was excellent, breakfast was very good. Service was great.

Hotel centrally located, good value for money.
    • Superior XL King Room

Room somewhat dark, view over courtyard, could not open window. Nice breakfast facilities, nice staff but food somewhat spartan. Nice omeletts but no bacon and egg. No natural yoghurt some days.

For me was great place to stay. Location is hard to beat, I liked breakfast and stuff is friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Smart TV in room can't browse internet, it's minor but only thing I can think of.

Location is superb. Friendly & helpful stuff. Breakfast.

A pleasant stay, and a good first experience of Mexican hotels.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Th breakfast was of variable quality, depending on time we arrived - early breakfasts did not seem to have the attention of full kitchen staff.

The hotel is well situated in the centre of Mexico City. It has good facilities, and the room was comfortable and well appointed.

Overpriced and not recommended
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We would not recommend staying here as we experienced several issues that we were not happy about. Hotel is overpriced and not worth the US$250 per night charge. Information provided by the hotel in the room says that the hotel provides 100% purified water, bottled water costs 55 pesos. We took that to mean that the tap water was safe to drink, however when we asked reception staff they said no definitely not to drink the tap water. In other hotels in Mexico we have received complimentary water and so we think this hotel is ripping off its customers charging for water. Also cleaning of the room was very slow couple of times we returned to the room at 5pm and our room had not been cleaned. There were some other issues of concern to do with payment process and double the room charge being held as a charge against our credit charge which is inconvenient given it takes a few days for the charge to be released.

the room was spacious and bed comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Electricity cut off in 3 blocks resulting in no light no electricity inside room . Luckily that is my last night of stay. Parking is not on zite and is 8 mins 4 blocks away from hotel. You have to leave your car key to the public carpark staff and this is a bet if that is your rental car. Tbey charge you 260 Mex peso for overnight parking. Not 11 USD as on booking.com Quite disappointed.

Just about OK for one night. Wouldn't have stayed any longer.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Constant sickly smell of "air freshener".

Disappointed with room; small and cramped. Whole hotel reeked of hideous, cloying "air freshener". Dining room large but of minimal standard with view of wall.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location. Room very convenient. Hotel stuff was great. Even though we checked out in the morning, the stuff let us take a shower in the gym before our evening flight.

My favorite part was the hotel services, location and style.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed all services. The room was fantastic and the lobby very stylish and comfortable. In the heart of the historic center the location is a dream.

Great stay and very quite rooms!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi signal was week and kept disconnecting. It can be improved!

Location was great, stuff was very helpful, food was great, room was excellent, cozy terrace!

Over Priced Hotel, Bad service, the location is not safe at night, I do not recommend it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is overpriced, bad breakfast, the location is not safe at night. Very poor service compared to the high price

The location of the Hotel in the Centro made it more easy to go everywhere around the city

A place for a night
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My husband is claustrophobic and he didn't like the fact that we couldnt open the windows, we didn't like the beds either since they were very hard. We booked the hotel for 4 nights but only stayed 1 night. The bathtub was very dangerous to get in and out, too deep and nothing to hold on to.

The hotel is centrally located and easy to get around the city. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

The hotel was really luxurious and the breakfast was...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked the man on the reception on a way to airport and he was still talking about other means of transport eventhough I told him I have a car four times.

The hotel was really luxurious and the breakfast was delicious.

Great location, next to the central square, easy to reach...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rather pricey for the amenities offered, you could find better value-for-money in Mexico City. We had some issues with the toilet and tub, which would not drain properly. Room rather on the small side, with no view. Overall good, but by no means a 4-star standard.

Great location, next to the central square, easy to reach from the airport and convenient for exploring the city. Very polite and helpful staff. A clean and comfortable, basic, corporate-style hotel - a safe choice for first-timers.

Great Mexico city centre base
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ran out of nespresso coffee pods after just a few hours and getting more proved impossible.

Friendly helpful staff, very handy to historic centre and everything we could need. Excellent taxis always ready at the door. Very good breakfast.

Great time in Mexico City
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Every thing was great, staff very helpful and friendly, Breakfast was also great >>> I would go back there again , one other thing every thing was in walking distance *GOOD LOCATION "

Great location, clean, only a few mehs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I requested a view - any - we looked onto a wall. Breakfast buffet could have been refreshed a bit more often. It ended up empty a few times. Room service was not picked up & was therefore still in the hall in the morning. The bathtub/shower was VERY difficult to get in & out of - a very starnge design!

Well located & very clean. The breakfast buffet was very good & the dinner we had was not only very tasty, but affordable. Lovely decor. Loved the option of sitting outside for breakfast. The door on the bathroom was double hinged, so you could close of the whole bathroom or just the toilet - handy if you're sharing & need to both get ready.

Centro Historico location....
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattress was way too hard and pillows were flat. I had a constant neck and back ache and had trouble falling asleep. The bathroom had many chipped tiles, scratches, and rust. At some point, maybe ten years ago, it was super beautiful.

First off, the staff was very warm and greeted me daily wherever I saw them, except the stoic security guards, but in all fairness, I found that throughout the city from security. The hotel was also very clean! The hotel was rated 4 stars online. In my extensive travels, 4 stars gets you more quality in the US vs. 4 star ratings in other countries. Due to the wear and tear of the hotel room and low quality mattress/pillows it was more of a 3.5 stars.

Great location, great room, awesome hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of noise from cars and construction works on some nights. The rubbish bins were always getting emptied also.

The room was perfect, such a nice big bed and super comfy. We really liked the location, we were able to walk everywhere and it was awesome!

Maybe not extraordinary but good enough.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds were not the best, room was small and they don't have an iron in them (but they will provide you one upon request so there is that). All in all an OK stay.

Breakfast was pretty amazing, staff was polite and the location is very good.

The location was great.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I found it a bit difficult getting in and out of the bathtub/shower. It was too high just to step in and my room had a little stool to get on but for me it was difficult.

The location was great. The place was very clean and had very good WiFi and was very quiet for such a busy neighborhood. The breakfast was very good and that staff was excellent. After waking around the neighborhood I realized that a few blocks further away there were hotels of better value.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great for a quick stop to see Mexico City!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had no negative experiences during our stay here.

The room was perfect for what we wanted, being perfectly located within the main city centre allowing us to walk pretty much everywhere to see they key attractions. The room felt very comfortable and was of a good size; the bed was very comfortable and had no issues with the in room shower. The hotel receptionists were generally friendly and keen to help us navigate with maps, and staff in the hotel would always wish you a good day if you walked past them.

Mexico City
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower had a partial glass door curtain that did not keep water from going onto floor, had to put down towels to sop up as you showered.

Location near town square and walking distance, beautiful buildings, palaces, and shopping. NH Hotel was very clean, staff friendly and helpful, restaurant on 5th floor is awesome. Excellent room service and concierge service.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good value for money!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff does not speak English. It is very difficult to communicate. Furniture is a little bit old.

Good location. The hotel is very close to main attractions in the historic centre and close to main areas as Reforma or Condesa. It is easy to reach by the airport by taxi or subway. Room are clean and very quiet and comfortable. Breakfastnd is excellent as food at the restaurant. And they're not expensive. You can have a dinner with less than 300 $MEX.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Comfortable room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The airconditioner didn't cut off at a specific temp; it just kept cooling the room. If you turn it on before going to bed, chances are you will wake up cold and need to turn off the airconditioner

Comfortable room. Good bathroom with hot water and good water pressure.Friendly staff that speak English.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Comfortable, central & worth the few extra $
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hot water was OK but could have been hotter. Staff aimed to please - English levels mixed though. Minor issues only.

So central to the Zocalo, Cathedral, museums, shops & the Subway (Blue line). Room is decent size with space for luggage and to move around. Wifi excellent. Make sure to pay for 'superior' as basic rooms are internal & have No Windows.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Wonderful stay at NH
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very clean. A large,modern, very clean room with comfortable bed. Air conditioning regulated in room worked well, and did not feel cold despite temp in the 40's at night. Upon arrival able to get early 4am check in for $29 usd. Pleasant front desk staff and bell man. Outside hotel has cars for transport. Access to Starbucks from side door in lobby. Excellent location, Zocolo Sq about 1 short block away. Felt very safe in the area, even at night.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Modern and clean but charmless. Beware of the add ins
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were not told that the free breakfast wasn't free if we booked thru booking.com until after we ate it - and we're charged an extra 250 pesos. We were also charged 500 pesos for a phone call.

Nice lobby and good taxi service on call right out front. Also nice that it's close but not right on the often noisy at night zocalo.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Center of everything
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only bad thing about the hotel is the bathroom too small and the shower has a glass door that only covers half of the shower so water leaks everywhere

Room is very modern very clean in the room, lobby, hallways and located in the center of restaurants, museums. Plus staff very helpful especially Dagoberto gives good advice on where to go site seeing and to eat. I used the taxis outside the hotel, these guys work for the hotel have their own vehicle and plus they are offical guided tour personal, yeah a little more expensive than uber or local taxi but i can't put a price on mine and wife's safety. Joel and Fransico where the person's we used

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Choose another place!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1) Room was always dirty. 4 stars hotel! 2) No windows in the room. 3) They didn't change towels and sheets every days 4) Hotel taxi way more expensive 5) Staff don't speak English at all. 6) People at the reception always try to sell their tour instead of providing information on the city.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Unbeatable hotel in historic centre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some music noise from opposite building.

Great location; great additional features eg popcorn, lollies, fruit water for evening arrivals; food variety plus value for money.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Everything, beautiful breakfast, friendly staff that helped...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Security guy knocking on my door and waking me up at 7:45 am on Sunday Morning to ask if I'm checking out and what time? Even though my "No Molestar Por Favor" sign was displayed. He ignored it, so make sure to please introduce yourself to Abraham the chief of security when you arrive and tell him not to wake you up early. Other than that, perfect stay and I'd stay again. I'm hoping to next week.

Everything, beautiful breakfast, friendly staff that helped with every question, great modern room and awesome bathroom. Great location, just a few blocks from the Metro, close to Zocalo, and in the middle of the happy craziness that is El Centro. Masses of people here before Christmas with the big tree and ice skating. Close to the Cathedral and every kind of food you can think of. On weekends crowds are big in the Zocalo so take a taxi there with your luggage. Police are all over the streets, it seems very safe and I never had a problem in the 3 days here (Fri night-Sunday).

Browse NH Mexico City Centro Historico traveller photo gallery