Reviews of Krystal Cancun 4 stars

Paseo Kukulcan Km 9 lotes 9 y 9 A, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#93 of 161 hotels in Cancún

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Nice hotel in quiet center of Cancun
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

A nice hotel in the quiet center of Cancun, a good breakfast with many options. The reception staff is very professional. Special thanks to Ismael Mendez who helped me very much with any question and request thank you very much. Thanks to Rafael with help in suitcases. I'm sure I'll be back at the hotel again.

Great view from the room.
    • Standard King Room

The lift in our tower (B) was very poor and often didn’t come when called. The water pressure in the shower was quite weak. Buffet for dinner wasn’t great but it was good value. Entertainment staff were a bit pushy about the “nights out” and we weren’t interested in drinking and I personally sometimes felt a bit like they were trying to shame us into paying a lot of money for these nights by saying we were boring.

Great view from the room. Very clean room and comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast and helpful staff. Nice atmosphere (a family feel). Good gym facilities. Close to restaurants and shops

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Regreso después de 25 años

Everything perfect!

As we told that we were in the hotel 25 years ago, they gave us an upgrade! Very nice! The whole stuff very friendly and the breakfast offers everything in a high quality! We love the hotel !

It was good.
    • Standard King Room

The bathrooom had a bad smell all the time. One day there was no hot water in the bath. The bed is not that comfy as it seems in the pictures. I think they should have more service people in the pool and beach area.

The people is very nice and helpful. The location is awesome, right next to restaurants and clubs. They serve starbucks.

• Room with Double Beds

unhelpful staff, the noise from the AC motors on rooftop below my room, no information available about hotel ammenities, short gym hours 8AM to 8PM, getting my invoice was a challenge to my patience.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Problems in Paradise.
    • Room with Double Beds

It is an old property and there is a lot of movement and noise especially with children. OK OK it’s a resort time and that’s fine especially if you are a family. The rooms were dated and not that pretty.. as a matter fact they are very very bland. Again, OK OK as long as it’s a clean place with a beautiful beach who really cares right? Well, here’s the rub, we booked two separate NON-Adjoining rooms. Incredibly, BOTH rooms had problems with the air conditioner. When I say problems I mean THEY DID NOT WORK! The hotel was at full capacity and had no other room to offer us so we were forced to either accept a horrible situation and suffer or secure lodging elsewhere. We spoke with the front desk and they agreed to let us out as long as we came down and gave our vouchers because we had just arrived. Unfortunately, there was a complication I had to run to the airport to meet a friend and that delayed things by another three or four hours because it was an international flight. So of course, when we returned there had been a shift change and the new front desk crew was not so keen to let us out and asked us a ton of questions (we felt often twisting our words... we had quite a row over the whole thing). In the end, after much aggravation, everything was resolved on a friendly basis and we were allowed to leave with a full refund. Ironically, we asked a few other other guests if their air conditioning was working and they all said yes it was so cold that it was freezing in their rooms. Had there not been any problem with your conditioner we would have gladly stayed there. Our advice is if you have a problem you must bring it to the attention of the front desk quickly and take immediate action otherwise you may end up using a room night. Good luck.

We selected the Krystal Cancun because of the high quality name that Krystal resorts has come to represent. That’s about it for the good. Read on for our eye-opening experience…

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The location was great and the room nice but for the price I...
    • Romantic Room with Ocean View

The receptionist was not very nice to begin with and the hotel looks a bit old and in need of maintenance. Our room didn’t have the amenities the site advertised and the shower was not working properly. Had to call reception 3 times before they solved both problems.

The location was great and the room nice but for the price I expected much more...

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very disappointing/ frustrating/
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

I check at 3:15 pm and they didn’t have my rooms available/ I book 3 and they only give me one at that time / they told me that the other Two rooms were b available at 4 pm /. They told me to go with all the family to the only one room that it was available /. At 430. I came back to the reception and they didn’t still have my rooms. Time was passing by and we wanted to go to the pool but for obvious reason we couldn’t / They ending giving me another room at 715 pm from the 3 that I book I only received 2 / it was my mother’s birthday I order shirts and to surprise her with her own room and it was very frustrating/. I went back to the reception / they just apologized but they wasn’t understanding my frustration / manager wasn’t available but lizete the person that it was in charge at that time offer me the free breakfast and I told her that I would like for her to give me a late check out and she refused / finally she did extended but only for one room and only for one more hour / the room 1719 / My mother was very tired bcuz all of this. She just turn 73 years old / her room was the 1729 and instead to be on her own room she did have to share and that’s why I book my rooms ahead of time /. We didn’t do her cake that day because we were tired and I was so frustrated. They keep the cake I’n the restaurant for the following day. / The following day I was rushing for breakfast and doing my best to go to the pool !! We didn’t have very much time left Bcuz they told me to check out the room 1729 at 12 noon / which I did /. They also offer me some pics but I told them that what I wanted it was at least to check out at 2 pm and they didn’t allowed / some of there personal staff see all the process that I went through and they all feel very disappointed/ Mauricio was one of them /. No body deserves this !! I also requested the money back for the room that I didn’t received.

It was the worst experience ever.
    • Standard King Room

It's the worst hotel ever. The hotel isn't clean and the staff is horrible and it took 2 hours for me to just get a towel and then the towel was dirty and the staff had food all in the hallway.

Nothing and I would never stay here again

• Romantic Room with Ocean View

Two times the water was out. Air conditioning never worked well, room at 78 on max cold, toilet needed three flushed to work, staff at desk are annoyed by customers, not unusual to never get answers on phone and no follow up when issues occur. Do not stay at this hotel unless you only are there to sleep, and you can sleep in a hot room. No

Location is good

Just a little disappointed for booking accommodation so...
    • Standard King Room

Just a little disappointed for booking accommodation so close to a party zone. The music was so loud until 3am. Maybe if we were at the other end of the hotel it would of been better. Other than that we loved our room.

Good stay, just don't expect a/c or quiet time
    • Club Room with Ocean View

The a/c was non-existent. We switched the first room and even the second one was terrible. Maintenance told us the motors used for the room were too small to cool the rooms. Whole hotel has the problem. If you are a light sleeper, the bass of the music continues until 4am.

The staff were great. Pool was excellent. The views were impressive. We stayed in the Club Room and nothing can beat the views.

Good location if you want to be where the nighttime action is and decent beach.
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Sea View

Music from nearby discos until 3:30 am. We were on the top 8th floor, and one of the elevators was broken. Walked all 8 stories numerous times due to long waits. The water pressure was not good, even non-existent, at night. The beach was okay a couple of days but after some nighttime storms there was excessive seaweed. Standard rooms in main building are older, not as nice. Stay in newer towers.

Checked in at Tower B, no problem. Great location on beach on next to restaurants, clubs, and shopping. Very nice staff and housekeepers. Pool is nice, but nothing super fancy. We were in newer Tower B with ocean view, nice, bright, larger family room with ocean view, king bed and large sofa bed, full size refrigerator, two TVs, near pool, exactly as requested.

Good location, bad service
    • Deal of the Day

Some of the staff were very unfriendly. The receptionist was not welcoming at all upon our arrival. Security in the breakfast area was rude. The interior of the room was old and the cleaning was not good (our pillowcases were stinking as if they haven't been changed).

Concierge staff was nice and helpful. The location of the hotel is good, very close to restaurants and bars. There is also an additional restaurant "Hacienda El Mortero" in the hotel, which is excellent for local Mexican cuisine.

Seriously nothing at all
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

It was the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had. The hotel didn’t prepare our rooms before we arrived and kept emphasizing that it’s a last minute booking so it’s like our fault we couldn’t get our rooms immediately. Then they told us they couldn’t offer us two twin beds room because it’s full but they could give us one king size and one “presidential suite” and add an extra bed in the presidential suite. We were super tired so we had to accept the offer. But when we got to the so call suite, the room is like haunted and never been used for centuries. It smells funny and the sheets are damp. We waited for the extra bed like an hour and of course the bed didn’t come. I called the reception twice the the lady told me they were running out of bed. My friend went down to ask, the lady said they would arrange?! Eventually, we never see that extra bed. The next morning my friends who stayed in the other room told me the ceiling of the toilet is leaking! And the water smells so bad. I was like lets get out of here ASAP. I’ve never sent an angry review before, it’s the first time I feel so upset by everything in one hotel.

Seriously nothing at all

Amazing spot in Cancun!
    • Standard King Room

The guy at the front desk was not very friendly. That is the only negative thing about my stay.

Wow I loved everything! All the other staff was great, the location was amazing. Very close to great nightlife. The pools were awesome the beds were super comfortable, I never wanted to leave the bed. I had a great view from my balcony, the shower was great. I would definitely stay there again!

location, view was really good!
    • Deal of the Day

reception staff was really rude and unprofessional... took very long time when I check in. Also really noisy till midnight cuz cocobongo is really close..TT

location, view was really good!

The service guy that gave us introduction of the hotel was...
    • Deal of the Day

A bit old and noise from the pipes.

The service guy that gave us introduction of the hotel was kind and informative . Good location very close to bar, restaurant area

Overall the ambience delivered on expectations and I will rate the facility 5/10
    • Standard King Room

The elevator was broken down most times, this was very inconveniencing for me because my room was on the 8th floor. Secondly the response time of staff to respond to queries was too long and most of them only understood Spanish

The view from the 8th floor and tour desk that satisfied all my your request

1. The staff at the front desk were very slow.
    • Deal of the Day

1. The staff at the front desk were very slow. Every time I went there guests were standing in lines. They handed us 2 cards but did not say anything about them when we checked in. We did not know they were towel cards and if we lost them we would need to pay for $20 for each. And we just left them at the front desk. 2. The best sheets were not clean.

Overall the resort is very pretty and great location.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The smell of the sewer was really bad on the first floor. The staff was not helpful when it came to checking in and checking out (had an attitude). The heater of the jacuzzi did not work. They charged me for drinks I did not consume and when I told them that they gave me a hard time.

Overall the resort is very pretty and great location.

Horrible stay!!!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

They tried to charge for EVERY little thing. I did not have these issues when I came in 2016. They had clean rooms but charged me an additional $35 to check-in 2 hours early. Honestly, I felt like staff were pocketing that money because they said $35 for cash and $65 for card (of course every one is going to choose the cheaper option). They tried to charge extra if you lost a key, which is bound to happen during Memorial Weekend with people partying and drinking (rip off). Luckily, I only forgot my key in the room so they would make me a new one and demand that I bring it right back down. Please keep in mind that these are the cheap hotel keys, that they have a million of. Lastly, even though they cleaned the room every day, the housekeepers never changed the bedding, even though it was stained and looked as though it needed changing. Nonetheless, if I return to Cancun next year, I will not be staying here. Also, the majority of the front desk staff was rude. Last but not least, if you wanted to have a friend come hang out in your room or at the bar, try again!!! They would not let my friend past the lobby area, SMH!!!

Room was spacious. They cleaned the room everyday.

Run run run
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Roaches in the room. Horrible house keeping and room service. Rooms smelled and need major upgrade. This hotel is motel quality. Beds wasn’t clean. Run the othe way!!!’

Awesome location, great and clean hotel, fantastic pools and beach.
    • Standard King Room

This hotel is really nice. The pool, the beach and close walking distance to town, supermarkets...all great. Cool bars close by like the Monkey's. Just 5 minutes walk to the Isla Mujeres Ferry... Simply great!

The only good thing about Krystal Cancun was the sea in...
    • Romantic Room with Ocean View

Awful food. We almost couldn’t eat even the breakfast. Terrible cocktails, bad bedroom, worst service.

The only good thing about Krystal Cancun was the sea in front of it.

Avoid if you're looking for a good hotel
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Check in took 20 minutes. Room was dirty and very noisy: ground floor, in front of the air conditioning venting system. We asked for a better room, and the only option they gave us was the room next door. The Starbucks in the lobby was closed in the morning. Only breakfast option was with a minimum spend of $200 on the resort holiday card. Horrible experience.

Great location. Swimming pool and sea access are amazing.

Attendants Raphael was great help in getting us checked and...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Attendants Raphael was great help in getting us checked and our bags to our room. His customer service is great. Great stay, Great Location. Can't wait to come again.

Very nice vacation in kristal cancun.
    • Standard King Room

Very nice place and perfect location.

I like the white color of the building,really you feel that you are in vacation,diferent to the others building that looks like an appartment where you live.

Had a free upgrade from standard to sea view, alonso on...
    • Standard King Room

Had a free upgrade from standard to sea view, alonso on check in was fantastic. Let us check in early aswell :). Pool and beach are amazing, great location. WiFi works everywhere, good food but not great. Amazing location close to all shops bars and clubs.

To pushy to sell their vacation plans.
    • Standard King Room

To pushy to sell their vacation plans. They offered us a FREE breakfast but 1,5 hours of our time. Took us 5 hours. Every time we said we are leaving they sent a different person. Some nice sellers some a bit rudes. We lost a full morning in the business room with them. Also we couldn’t enjoy the breakfast since the seller was pushing us to go and see the suites. Don’t fall it to that. Better pay your own breakfast and enjoy it.

The hotel is very good located, on the beach and exactly...
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The hotel is very good located, on the beach and exactly where the bars and restaurants. This thing could be also annoying during the night when you want to sleep and the music from the clubs outside is very loud. One of the Vallet guys was very helpful and funny when i saw unfortunatelly the bottle of champagne for the birthday of my boyfriend was not in the room. So that my boyfriend doesnt notice anything he invented a bathroom/ hot water problem and the staff must come and solve it.

When I checked, the staff was very very unprofessional. Pls refer to the photo attached.
    • Romantic Room with Ocean View

When I checked, the staff was very very unprofessional. I asked him to give me invoice, he said no need. He had no right to say that because I need. Finally, he printed an unprofessional receipt, but he made mistake of 2 night records of my 3 nights stay. When I told him about his mistake and request him in a polite way to correct it. He was very impatient. It my first time to see a hotel staff in the front desk acting like this during my 18 years traveling. His name is ALONSO.

Ideally located. Affordable. Very friendly staff
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Overall experience was a good one. Staff very friendly but a bit lost...took ages to check-in and check-out. Room service was slow. Breakfast was good but room for improvement in terms of taste and variety. The room very clean, bed comfy. However, hotel infrastructure in need of some repair especially bathroom.

Love the Krystal
    • Standard King Room

Nothing. Not the first time here. Could use USB charging station in room.

Best view in Cancun down the beach. Lots of lounge space, pool area is huge, beach cabanas have Cabana service, close to center, sushi, Starbucks, dining options, convenience store, Kids Corner, reliable and knowledgeable staff, pool tables and beautiful Lobby. Have stayed here before. Close walk two other options looting ferry to Isla Mujeres.

As a hospitality professional, Would not go back, poor service, staff and hotel.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Rude reception supervisor and had to complain to the hotel manager, first room given was dirty, tv and telephone not working, left our bags unattended on arrival, made it complicated to charge items to our room, promised a late check out at 14.00 and called 3 times to leave our room between 12.00-14.00.Breakfast on offer average at best . Made our stay complicated, unpleasant as if we were doing them a favour.

central location

Great location, good rooms, club room not worth the extra $
    • Club Room with Ocean View

Cost of hotel was very expensive and club room was not worth it. Very little food and only 2 bottles of wine between everyone, not even kept on ice

Great rooms and pool, access to beach and close to shops, restaurants and nightlife

Reception staff was very rude including the Management.
    • Standard King Room

Reception staff was very rude including the Management. They declined all our requests including those they promised over the phone. Even when I offer to pay they denied us a room with a view, and I know they had empty rooms. Krystal Cancun are taking tourist for granted, thinking that no matter what we will return. At least we will never go back to that property. I cancelled our company convention at that hotel due to the rude and hostile management at that Hotel.

very well located if you want to enjoy the nighlife. Nice staff. wifi is useless! a bit expensive.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Useless wifi! too few beach deckchairs and umbrellas. Rooms not soundproofed and noisy corridors during the night due to guys back from clubs.

very well located if you want to enjoy the nighlife. Nice staff

Great Location! Right on the beach!!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The sheets had stains on them and the sitting chairs in the room look worn, uninviting and uncomfortable. Didn't want to sit in them. Table top, night stand and dresser surfaces, while made of stone, needed to be wiped clean with disinfectant wet wipes, looked like they hadn't been wiped down.

Location is great for getting out and walking about to different shops, malls, and restaurants. On the bus line too. Night Club Central!! So fun, fun, fun, if you like that kind of thing. Right on the beach. Pools beautiful and clean too.

Great location but expensive
    • Club Room with Ocean View

Too expensive for this kind of hotel. Also there is not enough seats on he beach

Location is amazing. Only 50m to all clubs. Beach is also good. Doctor service helped me so much

Great resort would definitely return only few minor issues.
    • Standard King Room

Check in was a bit chaotic and housekeeping were a bit persistent early in the morning when we wanted to lie in. Also room service food was cold when arrived and was told to tip a lot. Need more sun beds for peak season!

Bed was comfy room had excellent view, location was amazing near the beach and all the bars/clubs

LOVE THIS PLACE AND WILL BE BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN
    • Club Room with Ocean View

I can’t think of a thing!

Have brought my daughter here at 18 and now at 20 yrs old. We feel very safe and LOVE the Krystal. We enjoy the breakfast buffets at the two restaurants, one is a little smaller and open air and the other larger, air conditioned with more food options. Both are open late which I appreciate because we prefer to eat a later breakfast. Omelette station workers and all staff are so kind and courteous. Housekeeping staff is so kind and everything is extremely clean. Location of this property is PERFECT if you like to walk around outside the resort. It is not a 5 star, so don’t expect that and then write a negative review. It is an older hotel but is kept up very well. If there is a maintenance issue (which happens anywhere you go and also in our own homes) they are very quick to do their best to resolve the issues. It is a great value because of its location, cleanliness and friendly staff that always have a bright smile on their faces.

Overall disappointed
    • Standard King Room

The staff were apparently tired, worn out and very curt. Almost all the interactions felt bordering on rude. The pool bar did not let me charge drinks to the room which is unfathomable for a 4* hotel. The poolside bar was in the shallow kids section of the pool which was uncomfortable to sit at and surrounded by kids. The hotel never replied to my requests to check in early and when I arrived they just said it wasn't possible. No mention of the so called genius perks of early check in and welcome drink. Worst of all, I had requested a King size bed and was given a room with two twins, after pointing out their mistake they claimed the booking is only for the room and there is no selection for type of bed but my booking clearly stated king size bed.

Location gave the hotel great views over the Zona Hotelera beach. Very close to lots of bars and restaurants! The pool and beach were nice!

We enjoyed the experience and really liked the tour we took to Tulum.
    • Standard King Room

In the heart of the party district. If you want eligance and piece and quiet go further down the strip.

We didn't do all inclusive, just breakfast included. Found the extras added up quickly. The best Margueritas and natchos were down the street at the natural foods cafe.

Good location hotel need improvement
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast same every day and last day they sent us outside another section near pool bar for breakfast but this has less food options to main dining Arya ... Rooms on left of property very noisey at night due to a loud ventilator or some kind of generator working all day and night. Rooms are pretty dated need upgrading Room I stayed the sink was cracked and switched old , balcony door lock not working & Also tried to charge me for coke at Mini bar I did not have ?

I love this hotel, nice staff, friendly, clean , prefect location, the beach is gorgeous and clean
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Location, location, location! . Really beautiful beach and the hotel is lovely *This hotel is so close to all the restaurants and bars you don't even need all inclusive or a cab. And the night life is fun and hip. When I come back to Cancun I will definitely stay here again . I'll also recommend this to family, friends and even strangers

Great water area. Really poor service. Not worth it.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

We were supposed to have a deluxe room with an ocean view. We were given a room on the first floor : view of the terrasse, of people sunbathing, but I guess you could try and see the ocean in the background... hardly what the pictures on booking were letting us think. The hotel decided to demolish the tiled floor of the reception around 11pm. We had to deal with loud banging noises till almost 1am... Hardly what you expect from this kind of establishment. Nobody picked up when we called the front desk or the concierge, no matter how long we rang or how many times we called them. The bell boys answered once and hung up on me after I explained him that we couldn’t sleep because of the incredible loud noises. Then no more response from them either and the loud banging even increased! Then, around 4am, we again had to deal with loud noises : loud door slamming / loud party noises from the beach front / smells of cigars and cigarets... Still no sign of life from the front desk/concierge/bell boys. It went on till around 5am... And when you just explain - not complain! - what happened to the front desk the day after, then barely acknowledge what you say - not even a simple sorry...

The swimming pool area and the beach area were really nice. The view from there was incredible.

Horrible check-in experience but amazing hotel
    • Standard King Room

The check-in process was horrid, it took literally 1.5 hours from arriving to getting into our room. It took 45 min of queuing just to ask them a simple question at the front desk.

Great location, amazing pool full resort style.

Lack of comfort
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room looked very old and felt it wasn't really well kept. Could feel the floor dirty. Bathroom room was one of the worse I've seen in Cancun.

Location is perfect for those who wants beach and night life. Beautifull outdoor swimming pool and bars available.

Great view to the sea, good personal, I like this place so...
    • Romantic Room with Ocean View

For me one minus, not big, but very uncomfortable: I had too much issues with access to my room, and every 2/3 days both cards were inactive and I need to go to reception, stay in the queue and then activate keys again. It was 4 or 5 times per 10 days...

Great view to the sea, good personal, I like this place so much.

Exceptional holidays.
    • Club Room with Ocean View

The bartender on the main bar.When we asked to borrow a knife to cut a cake after a romantic dinner we had he was rude and unwilling to cooperate.

The location and the view are perfect. They provided us with a very nice room on the seventh floor of the B building.

The "no" hotel, not with your money
    • Family Studio (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Sea View

We purchased the all inclusive package and found out afterwards that the selection was not very good and more often than not you were restricted to one buffet which wasn't very good..Also the only beer you could get was a mystery draft, no other selection. Room service was an extra charge for delivery and they took a long time. Overall we heard "no" and "I'm sorry.." allot to almost all our requests. Also the location is close to allot of very loud clubs which were blaring music until well past 2am. It was very hard to get some well need rest after a full day of beach and sun with 2 kids. The beach is the only thing going for this hotel, everything else was pretty bad.

The beach

It was the perfect location.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

When we checked in the guy forgot to give us our room keys as well as our passports i was so annoyed .

It was the perfect location. Everything is walking distance from clubs, restaurants, shopping. Great ocean view. Honestly best location . If you’d like to go further theres taxis, buses to travel . Staff was great our maid name Rosa kept our room clean as well as our last day there she put rose petals on our bed it was the sweetest thing . Please i recommend to always tip your maids your drivers and servers . These people really give you 100% . Pesos is better as tips . It is not so hard to understand it plus you can always goggle it if yu get confused . There is currency exchanges everywhere. Be kind and always say thank you even if you choose not to buy/eat there.

Great view, but expensive
    • Club Room with Ocean View

They tried to charge us for kids even if in the booking confirmation it was stated that kids under 12 pay only for breakfast. We didn't pay at last so it was fine at the end.

Beautiful view, good breakfast although very expensive, nice part of the seaside,big bathroom, beautiful pool (although too cold in January)

If you love mass tourism, stay here
    • Club Room with Ocean View

Staff at reception desk is incredible inefficient, more than 12 minutes per guest. And I didn't get the requested two beds room (twin), but my friends who booked 3 months later got twin rooms. I had to raise my voice to get a twin room. Way too expensive for what you get, especially the bathrooms are worn-out. My room didn't have any small bottles of shampoo, while my friends got them. Some rooms have two small bottles of free water, most don't. Cancun is a terrible mass tourism place, everything is a complete rip off. I knew it before, but it was still kind of a shock. I'll never go back. My advise: for a nicer surrounding stay somewhere between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, but be warned: rip off everywhere.

Rich breakfast buffet. Nice ocean view from balcony. Many restaurants and super overpriced night clubs just outside the hotel.

Difficut to judge from the website, but conveniently situated with great beach access.
    • Romantic Room with Ocean View

Communication in English was a challenge. Lights on the elevator didnt work and it stopped between floors on one occasion. The patio furniture was old and had burn marks on it. Not great for a non smoking room.

The room was comfortable but dated. The entrance and reception area are really grand but the rooms do not match with the elegance of the public areas downstairs. Suprise champagne and cake in the room was a nice touch. Very conveniently situated near the night life of the "Vegas Like" strip. Public transport also close by.

Excellent beach
    • Standard King Room

Not enough beds in the pool area.

Access to excellent beach and good pool area. Matresses/beds at the pool area are great. Good location close to shopping and bus to Cancun center

Great location, great staff, great stay!

Couldn't fault it.

The free upgrade to an ocean view room was amazing, the staff were friendly and very helpful, hotel is in a perfect location close to everything and the room was spacious and very clean.

Brush up on your Spanish!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

I don't speak Spanish and I can't count Pesos. I was hoping more of the staff spoke English.

Very clean. Lots of chairs available on the property.

Don't choose this place even if it's your only option
    • Standard King Room

I only spent 1 night in this place (I couldn't even allow myself to call it a HOTEL) and I chose it only because it's close to Hyatt Ziva where I was going to spend the following spectacular days. So it turned out that even if I didn't have much expectation, it still failed me and screwed my good mood. 1. Check-In speed is amazingly slow. The building has a wrong instruction for which building we should find our room, which in the end had us wast half an hour. 2. After we located the room, it turned out to be a two-bed room with no light working. We booked a room with a King bed obviously. Well, we had to go back again to the front desk with the lady who I don't know why has that shitty attitude all the time. 3. We finally changed our room for god's sake. And it's not over yet. The bed is wet. The whole room is wet. The wifi connection is almost none. All the facilities and decoration look like just they just transported here from the last century. The TV has only several channels and with terrible resolution. The ceiling in the bathroom was leaking water at the day we checked out. I don't know if it's just the problem of the customers who don't choose all-inclusive package. I can't appreciate your bravery more if you choose to stay here for your whole vocation. I feel blessed that I only needed to stay for one night. Krystal, you failed your great location in this hotel zone and I wish I could rate -1000 as a review score. Listen to me folks. Choose Hyatt. I'm not a spy or anything like that. Hyatt doesn't need any spy to prove its value. Krystal surely can't be worse to worth a spy to intentionally degrade it.

Check-out experience is good. But it's just good when comparing with all other awful experiences in this awful place.

The most beautiful hotel and gorgeous location I’ve ever been to!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The only thing that stands out was that the elevators were a little slow. I was on the 5th floor.

The view was incredible! The room was very comfortable and roomy. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was incredible! Many food choices and I like the traditional Mexican food available. The beach is incredible! I like how they maintain it every morning. I can’t wait to go back! I would stay here again! I want to give a BIG thank you to Cesar from the Best Day excursion desk who helped us book a last minute tour of Chichén Itzá when another tour bus never showed up for us! Although it wasn’t on the same day, he still saved our trip!

Don't get too impressed.
    • Romantic Room with Ocean View

Room windows do not block loud sounds from outside (Ocean's roar and CocoBongo and clubs minutes from the hotel), Ice machine on 3rd and 6th floor that sound like a 747 turbo jet (very annoying at night). Lift awfully slow (one was broken and never repaired once in 7 days?). WiFi extremely slow. No hot water unless requested (?) Or if you know the "trick", we had to call maintenance 6 times in between Sunday and Tuesday and then find out from ourselves that to trigger hot water we needed to open both the sink and the shower faucets.

Great Beach, Pool, You can choose 2 different restaurant to have Breakfast to, Exceptional view from the Ocean View room's balcony. 1 minute walking from CocoBongo and other clubs. Very large room. Staff in Las Velas is amazing but breakfast a bit poor, on the other hand Aquamarina had great choice of breakfasts however staff was a bit cold. Only 12 pesos to get to Downton Cancun (15/20 minutes ride's away)

Busy, noisy, pennypinching, needs a redurb, don't bother with a club ROOM.
    • Club Room with Ocean View

Had a CLUB room that included drinks and canapés 6 to 7pm. Stayed 2 nights. Nobody to open both nights, had to call reception. One bottle of red wine to serve all CLUB members, when that was gone only soft drinks. Asked for white wine on the second night, that was provided by a helpful member of staff (rare in this hotel). Rooms in the old block smelt musty and are well worn. No microwave. Charge for in room coffee. Water free on first night.

Location. View. But all hotels on the beach have a good view.

Good location for the party area
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Overrated price, unfriendly stuff at the reception. The room was very noisy, we could hear every movement and when the guests near were taking shower.

Good location for the party area

Great vacation at Krystal Cancun.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Staff were excellent. Rosa Elena always made sure my room was clean and I had what I needed. My room with a view to the ocean was incredible.  The hotel is close to everything. Restaurants, entertainment, stores, public transportation are just within walking distance.

Average
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

We stayed in 1161 and had a view of a grass roof we could only see the sea either side! A bit if a rip off for a Sea view room. Also they say you can’t reserve sunbeds but there are selfish people who do the moment they wake up but don’t turn up until mid afternoon, I ended up moving towels because I got fed up of it!

The beach is nice, not rough and sea good to float in! Close to bars!

Other than the beach and location I would not recommend to anyone - fix smell and food
    • Standard King Room

Room always had an unpleasant smell like mould. Asked for a room change but they claimed to have fixed it only by masking the smell with air freshness which was very temporary. The food at the resort was very poor and untasty

Excellent location and nice beach and swim areas. Room was average and good size and the hotel was well laid out

Nice but would look elsewhere next time
    • Club Room with Ocean View

They held a wedding which went on until 2:00 Am with much too loud disc jockey. In a location the affected every room in the hotel.

Beach and accommodations

Christmas and New Years on the beach
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were older and are probably due for a change out. There was a smell to the room - nothing horrific, just a smell that hit you when you walk in.

The view of the ocean and the beach were about as perfect as can be. There were plenty of loungers and when we got up early enough, there were loungers under huts or trees. Very relaxing.

No WiFi in the room and the staff was indifferent to our request for WiFi.
    • Standard King Room

NO WIFI in the room. The front desk told us that for some rooms, we can't see the WiFi of the hotel, but if we needed internet, we can use the WiFi in the lobby. This is ridiculous. We can see the WiFi of Krystal Grand but the staff said we are not allowed to use that internet. It seems the staff at front desk is used to the problem and we didn't get any apology or they didn't even try to solve the problem.

great location. nice beach.

Great last minute Christmas Vacation!
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom is large but the shower is a little awkward. Took the water a little longer to drain. I mention it only because it irritated my husband but I could care less. They did try to get us to attend a session that would give us free breakfast or dinner. We politely declined and had not problems. Sea was a little rough for my liking but that is not the resort's fault. I was more than comfortable in the pool.

Krystal Cancun was a great choice! The beds were very comfortable, the resort was very clean and the staff were very kind. The location is also outstanding. The resort is only a block away from the nightlife (Coco Bongo, Senor Frogs, etc), restaurants and shopping. The bus stop was also close by. I did not get the all inclusive package but found the food and drinks to be reasonable. Breakfast for 2 people was 400 pesos (around $21.00). Lunch for two was usually around $15. We got drinks from the pool bar for around $3-4 per person. Even though it was high season (Christmas), they were able to give us a free upgrade to an Oceanfront room since it was our anniversary. Awesome views! I would definitely stay here again.

Did not meet our expectation. Low value for money. Do not recommend
    • Standard King Room

The room is much older than the picture. There is no sound proofing, I can hear people talking. I waked up several times during the night because of all kinds of noises.

Ok.. but there’s lots of other places to choose from..
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The staff were fine, but were passive and unproactive in their duties or their interactions with you. The quality of the room service food was inconsistent, unpredictable. Also, there was a disconnect between the front desk & room service regards methods of payment.

The water pressure and abundant hot water in the shower was a delight; really felt like you were under a waterfall. View & sounds of the sea from my room.

Perfect location , stunning beach , you get what you pay for
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room decor furniture and the bathrooms are old , dated and worn. The bathroom shower screens had built up scum on them and the toilet kept breaking and was noisy

Location is great if you just want to stay in the hotel zone , everything you need is just outside your door, the view from our room was amazing

Great if you want to party into the night but not what we were looking for.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Rowdy at night. Can't buy anything with cash, credit/debit cards only. No english speaking channels on the TV worth watching (had storms while we there). No way to boil water. hotel is a little run down. Check in/Check out was very slow.

Great view. Comfy beds.