Reviews of Krystal Ixtapa 4 stars

Boulevard Ixtapa 4 y 4 A Zona Hotelera, 40880 Ixtapa, Mexico

#20 of 28 hotels in Ixtapa

FRONT DESK ATENDANT, PROPERTY, ROOM

STARTING FROM THE FRONT DESK AT ARRIVAL TIME ON SUNDAY, THERE WAS ONLY ONE PERSON ATTENDING THE FRONT DESK AND THERE WAS A LINE OF ABOUT 6 DIFFERENT CLIETS OR GUESTS, I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE PERSON AT FRONT DEST WAS EXTREMELY RUDE AND NASTY AND DEFFENETLY NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WAS ON HIS TRAINING MANUAL, ROOM WAS VERY POOR MAINTAINED NEEDED PAINT IN SOME AREAS, THE CURTAINS NEEDED CLEANING AND OVERALL FOR THE COST OF $165 US DLLS THE EXPERIENCE WAS TERRIBLE. I DO HAVE TO SAY THAT THE WAITER AT THE RESTAURANT WERE WE HAD BREAKFAST WAS GREAT.

• Deluxe Room

The screeching and yelling children. And the loud music pumping at the pool beginning at 11:00 AM continuing to 6pm when it mellowed out with old love songs, but those were still very loud. Someone told me it was Mexican Spring Break when I was there, but I think this is a family hotel. Mexican families are usually 4-8 people, or larger with quite a few kids. No chance you can relax at the pool so I kept to my lanai. I checked other hotel prices along the beach when out walking and it was lower than others, but I still paid $135 a night. Felt like the room should have been priced at $65-$70.

The Hotel rooms are worn and/or tired, but I suppose that is due the the extra wear that children put on the facility. Seemed kind of like a Howard Johnson's in the US. Details are attended to in the US. There were no ants or roaches which was nice. Shopping was almost across the street where you'll find restaurants, curios, supplies, and apparel. The best dining was at BOGART'S. Don't miss dining there. Fantastic. Also enjoyed Deborah's, The General, and a few other handy restaurants in Ixtapa and in Zihuatanejo. I had a great view from my room. If you stay above the 5th floor you won't see palm trees out your window. The view from the Lanai was very nice. All the loud children was the main turn-off for me.

• Deluxe Room

I did not like wifi conection but most properties have low wifi conection. Snacks were too old, and a little bit dry, there was no ice cream

The foood was amazing except for pastry, Facilities were good, beach access

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

We only took the room as we flew Air Canada Standby as I am a retired employee. The staff were pretty friendly but we couldn't get hot water in our room for 5 days then realized you had to play with the shower to get it to work.

Hotel pretty clean - pool cleaned pretty well every day and beach cleaned.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

There could have been more variety to the menu. It was the same menu every day for both lunch and dinner. Bogart's restaurant was a little overpriced. They should have refrigerators in the room instead of the stupid mini-bar. There were too many children at the hotel. They should keep the children in a separate area away from where the adults are, For example, not allow them in the area of the big pool - only in the kiddie pool. Also, in order to control and reduce the number of children at the hotel, the hotel should charge a 50% child tax per kid per night.

This hotel was everything I had hoped for. I don't know why people had so many problems with it. I didn't experience anything like that. The bed was very comfortable and soft, the service was good, the food was good. I didn't do the all inclusive because for a single person it's cheaper to pay as you go. The two restaurants there were also very good, and a nice break from the daily menu. No problems with the internet. the gym was nice, and everything in the hotel was modern.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Resort bracelets are a bit annoying; I hate wearing a badge around where I'm staying, or feel I need I have to prove who I am and that I'm supposed to be there. The place is a little aged and tired, which accounts for the renovations going on, on the 7th floor. It was a busy and full weekend, and we were given one of the last rooms....on the 7th floor! Wouldn't have worried normally, but the smell of paint was strong with kids staying, and work was a little noisy and went on til after 7-00PM on the Friday night we arrived; after a long 9 hour drive it was not welcome. I also asked for a room with a fridge, but there was none. After making our complaints known, the desk staff were at least prepared to give us a free upgrade room with a fridge on the 11th floor from the following night. What was annoying, was when the porter came to collect our things at 6-00PM to move the next night, he asked if we wanted to go to room 721! Same floor, same problem, after getting assurances from the desk of going to room 1114/1115. When I told him that we'd been promised 1114, he said "oh should be ready for you in an hour is that okay?" Seriously? At 6-00PM? Minor glitches and confusions, but things which make you think "(some of) these people just DON'T know what's going on!!"

I love the typical big, open, airy foyers you find in Mexican hotels and resorts at the coast. The pool was magnificent, well looked after and clean. Breakfast buffet every morning was pretty good, aside from a lack of cooked meats like bacon, chorizo, sausages, which is just a personal preference. There was always PLENTY of food... Very easy access to the nice surf beach in front of the hotel. Ixtapa beaches seem to be a good deal cleaner than Acapulco, for example. Not as nice as Playa Escondido near Atoyac further down the coast, for example, but nice enough to enjoy some great fun wave action. Kid's club at night was very cool, with movies, games, and some snacks, and gave them something to do after the sun went down rather than just staying in the room. The poolside bar-staff were awesome, and generous with the size of rum nips in the pina coladas ;-P !

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

There was no minibar/small fridge as outlined in the Booking.com information. There was a coffee machine in the room but no coffee provided. 2 small things that would really enhance things would be a small fridge in the room and coffee available for non inclusive visitors in the hotel foyer or in the room with the coffee maker. Poolside a more diverse range of music (not always techno-funk) and quiet times would also be appreciated by many.

I read a lot of negative reviews and I have to say that it was better than expected and certainly very good value for money. The hotel is in the process of doing many upgrades. Staff are friendly and helpful - rooms are clean and many have already been upgraded - not sure why all inclusive guests seemed to be assigned rooms with fridges (when they do not need these) while room only guests like us did not have a fridge.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

old ...our room phone didnt work and they knew it was like that and lie to us.../ the breakfast is "cheap "....not even the juice ( orange or grape...) were real....VERY EXPENSIVE for what you get. Not a 4 star hotel./ very noise....etc etc

location... near other restaurants, shops etc

fue agradable la estancia-

Seria importante que permitieran mascotas

• Deluxe Room

The hotel needs a renewal

The hotel is very well located

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Building needs renovation. More staff is needed at reception.

Facilities

• Deluxe Room

Cleaner, and more room at the pool.

Rooms need work. And I don't have black hair! Why was there so much in my room?

• Deluxe Room

One day the room needed to be cleaned earlier

• Deluxe Room

The bed is very old and uncomfortable

• Deluxe Room

The bed was very old and uncomfortable

• Deluxe Room

buffet food same every day

ocean view

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

No wifi. Needs renovation. Arbitrary rules. So so food. Crappy drinks

location and beach and pool

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Hotel needed more detail to long term maintenance. It was showing it's age.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Location on the beach was good, staff were great

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Beds could be updated.fridges dont work

Pool was great.lower rooms a little out dated

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Habitacion y hotel en general

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

I basically don't like inclusive,however not much choice here

staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

We only stayed 1 night and not all inclusive. I think because of this we were given an old non updated room. It was OK for one night but the price was way too expensive for what we received.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

The description clearly describes the pool waterside as "fun for all ages" but when I went down it the security guard yelled at me that it is only for kids, and wouldn't allow my girlfriend to go down the slide. Then when I tried to jump off the diving rock thing I got yelled at again. How is a diving board into 12 ft deep water for kids only? The pool security guards here are overzealous jerks in uniforms circling menacingly. They didn't carry machine guns but in my memory they may as well have. Also in the rare occasion we were able to get connected to the wifi (which we tried in our room, on the balcony, and in the lobby) it was not fast enough to even load the Yahoo Mail interface without timing out.

The price was good and the view from our room was lovely. The front desk people were friendly and the amenities were fine. If the wifi worked and we were allowed to enjoy ourselves in the pool (the pool having been a factor in our decision to stay), I would have considered it a pretty good deal. The room could have been cleaner but the sheets were clean and I've seen much worse in my travels so I found it acceptable.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

We were received as bad customers, they charge us in advance because of the vacancy limit, they give us bracelets in order to prove our stay. Be aware of the ants everywhere on the rooms. You'll return with to many stitches

Location, swiming pool, the view is excellent

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

my fridge didn't work

friendly hosts

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

Ever ting

Good

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

They charge me two times for a room. The room was dusty, and service porr

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Old and bad cleaning service

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Krystal Ixtapa traveller photo gallery