Reviews of Krystal Vallarta 4 stars

Avenida de los Garzas , 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#96 of 111 hotels in Puerto Vallarta

6.1

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

The restaurant policy's that only we are able to pay with credit card when us was prepared with alot money l not liked.

The staff all them are very nice . You feel comfortable .

• Superior Ocean View Room

The rooms were very regular. Beds uncomfortable, floors a bit dirty, bathroom door rusty. Food was regular at best. An old property needing a makeover. Planed for a 5 day stay and could only bear 2 days, cut it short and cancelled and went elsewhere.

Staff was friendly.

• Standard Room

In the new tower, walls are so thin, you can hear neighbors speak in a normal voice. Could hear the guy next door, snore thru the night.the

Pool was nice, nice staff. Breakfast was very good. parking was good

• Standard Room

This is advertised as a family friendly hotel, and it was at 100% occupancy with large families during our stay. Our evaluation relates to the beachfront hotel, pools, and restaurants, not the private villas and condos inside the compound. The staff were overwhelmed by the volume of people, particularly in the dining room. Trying to get food at the buffet was like a feeding frenzy; anytime a platter, particularly desserts, was set out it was swarmed by people and empty within minutes. Fruit juice was readily available in the dining hall, but water, milk or sodas had to be retrieved from the bar - probably an effort to control costs but very inefficient for diners and waiters. Food quality was typical buffet fare-always chicken, pork, rice, beans which tasted the same each time. The dining room was noisy, unkempt, and chaotic with children running all over the room. Lines for each meal. Three days breakfast was served at a beachfront setting, but there was only one staff member for about a dozen tables. Food was shuttled from the upstairs kitchen to this location and often was cold. The snack bar was also typical fare-chips, fake cheese sauce, a variety of salsas, tortilla snacks of some type, and limited pizza. Again, rare to find a snack tray full. There was also fresh cut fruit at the snack bar which we refrained from after watching children serve themselves. As expected, chairs around each of the three pools were marked by towels or belongings by 9 am. Pools were very nice but cluttered by the dishes and cups vacationers left strewn about. Few staff were around the pools, so the mess remained until clean up at night. We opted for beach chairs under a palapa. We were pleased that we were upgraded to a beachfront room; completely unexpected but certainly a nicety. The room was very comfortable and the maids were attentive. We were provided with two bottles of water each day.

The location and beach were pleasant.

• Standard Room

The buffet was not good, many birds are in the eating area also the membership trick was not really nice to motivate me to be membership. During my stay there was also a big event where the staff and location was really in bad conditions

The beach aerial the location

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

That I booked 2 rooms because of my kids which are minors, and they were sent to a room far from ours, the rooms were not connected.

The hotel and the pool.

• Deluxe Mountain View

The buffet was hit or miss

The new building we stayed in was very nice and clean. Beach was busy but quiet, fell asleep on beach with no problems lol.

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

The gym needs to be upgraded. Should have a way for the user to clean the gym equipment after use. Some gym equipment are broken and should be repaired - or replaced. Not enough pool chairs. Guests reserve all the pool chairs early so by 10:00 AM or so all the chairs are gone. There is not enough shade around the pool. Pool chairs are very uncomfortable. Our room did not have a chair fort sitting - very uncomfortable to just sit on the bed.

Location was excellent. Staff was excellent. Nightly music was very nice.

• Standard Room

What was there to like. No one should of been put into this tower until completion.

We are very very unhappy with the hotel. What a waste of money. Never again. Read above all the problems.

• Standard Room

The roim that was given to us was the new tower which has no elvator. our room was in the 3rd floor. goung up and down stairs was a big inconvenience when you had a recent knee surgery. askes for another room theybdis not accommodate my needs.

Beutiful garden

• Superior Ocean View Room

My only complaints are about the vendors on the beach and nothing to do at night. I think the hotel should follow Cancun's lead in not allowing the vendors on the beach, they hounded us constantly, especially when we were engaged in conversation, it was extremely annoying when all we wanted to do was to enjoy the beach and the company, the vendors took that from us!!

The location and beach were awesome!

• Standard Room

No clean, filtered water on tap in the room or anywhere to fill up bottles. The drains in the room were clogged. Beds and pillows were super hard. Cuisine was very much like a retirement home.

Like the old authentic feel. Very private and safe . Liked the beach access. Fun activities. Liked the cleanliness- hot shower-

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

The rooms had mold and appeared damaged. I am a timeshare owner with 3 timeshares. I couldn’t get my week, so I paid for it. I will be in touch with the corporate headquarters, and also post a negative interview on the web. I was a former travel agent and had stayed at the property prior to the Krystal aquisition. I will never recommend any of their properties, in the future.

The staff were kind and responsive. The rooms were sadly maintained. I would never recommend staying there in the future and will contact RCI and complain too.

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

Everything about my stay was awful. The facilities are old and uncared for, the food was awful, the bed was so uncomfortable I barely slept, the staff do the bare-minimum - I would never stay here again and definitely wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else.

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

The rooms are rather old and could do with a renovation - def not high end, rather 1/2 star material (but clean!) I would expect a 3-4 star hotel to provide a water cooker or coffee machine in every room! The crowd is what u expect from an (all-inclusive) hotel in one of Mexico’s ‘American’ beach towns. The food is catered to North American tastes. Plump Tex-Mex, lots of melted cheese and fried oily stuff. If you prefer the alternative go into town.

The beach and pool areas are nicely keep. If u don’t mind electro pop on all day (pool area), the occasional bingo game played on speakers and a few beach peddlers, it’s really very relaxing and fun. Especially for kids! Watching the sun rise and set from the hotel’s beach area was just beautiful. Best spot to do so. The staff is very friendly, helpful and competent! The rooms are big, clean and the beds are soft, if one likes that. The prices at the pool side restaurant and the little convenient store are street level! No janked up hotel prices! There’s a big supermarket within 5 min walk. Great WIFI!

• Standard Room

They give us a room at a new building which is not finished yet. As soon as you enter can small dust and paint everywhere. Elevators are not installed yet and workers start doing construction from 8 in the morning. So if the offer new building maybe better do not accept until it’s done maybe by summer 2018

Beach

• Standard Room

All of the beach and pool chairs get claimed with towels all day and we couldn’t ever get a place to sit or lounge. Staff was inflexible about letting us into room early or out late even though our kid was pretty sick. The room was in the older part of the hotel and was interesting but had mosquitos- they said they would come do something but never did. We were supposed to have WIFI and didn’t.

The breakfast was great and restaurant staff were nice and attentive. The pool and beach area is nice if you can claim a loungechair early enough.

• Standard Room

A little more investment on the part of owners towards maintenance is needed.

Love the old-fashioned feel. Exquisitely landscaped, wonderful walking areas.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Superior Room

My lightbulb in my room was out. The pillows are hard, lumpy. Too many vendors on the beach sometimes.

Clean beaches, friendly, helpful staff, great restaurant staff. Beautiful property, good food, drinks.

• Standard Room

We arrived at the pool after 8pm and they were cleaning up and moving us around.

Great beach location, no need for a car, on the bustling to downtown Vallarta! Good for families, couples, or friends getting together.

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

Old hotel, odd music everywhwre, inadequate suite and rain and water inside the room... never again

Nothing : old hotel, odd music everywhwre, inadequate suite and rain and water inside the room... never again

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

Very poor customer service except in the restaurant. In our room the tv didn't work, the phone didn't work, I think they can do a better job with the cleaning. Every time we needed something like clean towels we have to walk to the lobby, all the employees at the lobby were rude and didn't care, I asked for cleaned towels never got them until 24 hours after I went to asked for towels a second time. I do not recommend this hotel.

The staff at the restaurant were very nice

• Standard Room

Make sure you understand the money exchange. On one occasion I was almost overcharged for my meal. It cost $384 pesos and I was told to pay $684 pesos. When I did the math with the waitress, the bill magically was reduced to the correct amount, $384 pesos. City Buses: Poorly maintenance, I would suggest using a taxi to get around, they are reasonably priced and they know the city well.

Location: Close to the mall, walmart, sams club, movie theater and outback steakhouse. Restaurant Staff: Very friendly and accommodating, serves great authentic Mexican food Taxi Drivers: Always available to take you anywhere you want to go for about 120 pesos, $6 USD Beach: Right outside of your back door

• Superior Room

For the amount of money that we spent at this resort, there were quite a few things that were not up to par. To start, the description on booking.com had some false advertisement. I made several calls from the US to Mexico before we traveled, regarding many of the things I was afraid that may have happened once we got to the resort. I had initially upgraded our room to the superior, with the knowledge of getting an oceanside room, which we did not get. Not that big of a deal, but its the point. Also, there was a supposed 'mini bar' in our room... well I guess they consider a 'mini bar' a tiny refrigerator that barely kept our 1 bottle of water provided per person each day. When we first got into our room, we noticed it was a little warm. The AC was set on 75 degrees, so we turned it all the way down while we gave ourselves a little tour of the property. When we returned to the room, it was still the same temperature. We went to the lobby to report that while we were asking about the mini bar and the upgrade, as well. They supposedly were going to send someone to look at it. Our room never really got cool until the second to last day we were there. On the day of check out, we had planned on getting up around 9am and pack, get some food, have one last drink, and be on our way to the airport. Well, when I booked this resort, I read that check out was 12noon. It was not! So we had to rush to pack, because we thankfully called the front desk to be told it was 11am. There is NO airport shuttle, as it was stated on booking.com that there was 'free airport shuttle' provided by resort. It is all taxis or public transportation. The bar in the lobby does not open until 4pm and closes at 12midnight. The beach bar is only open during the day and the poolside bar (which is not swim-up) was only open until 8pm, but some nights they would stay open a little later, depending on what events or music were happening in the buffet area.

Overall, the best thing about this resort was the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and for the most part accommodated our needs. Our favorite bartenders were Euriel, Kathia and Eduardo. They all kind of rotated between the 3 bars during our stay. They took care of us and we enjoyed talking with them and made sure that we took care of them at the end of our stay. We enjoyed the pool aerobics each day at 12noon, the poolside bingo and the other little games and activities that they had each day. The animators were fun and kept the environment happy and upbeat. It was nice interacting with other guests at the resort and meeting new people. The cooking classes on the beach were also informative and cool to watch. You also got to sample the food afterwards. This resort had a nice area of beach with chairs/loungers and umbrellas to use. The food at the buffet was pretty good. There were a lot of varieties of food, including an omelet station and fresh made smoothies for breakfast, a nice salad bar for lunch and different varieties of meat for dinner. The snack bar was nice, too, for the in between times that the buffet closed. Our room was mediocre. The bed was a king and was quite comfortable. There was an extra blanket, which was nice. We had a cute little balcony even though we weren't oceanside. The bathroom was spacious and we were provided with sufficient amounts of towels and toilet paper, after we asked. There were 2 larger pools, one being the infinity pool that we usually found ourselves hanging out at. There were some other pools and hot tubs towards the end of the resort that were a little more private and quiet. We did enjoy ourselves, just wish some things turned out differently.

• Superior Ocean View Room

The pillow and the bed were very hard. They also got my reservation wrong and only had me down for one bed instead of two. We had to wait for them to get an extra bed, but the bed was a very old 1950's roll-out bed that was hard as a rock. If your package is not all-inclusive then things may not be as convenient for you and will have to walk to the near by stores to get what you need. There are no coffee-makers or microwaves in the room, only a very dated small fridge.

The proximity to the beach. All I had to do was walk a few steps and I was there.

• Standard Room

Every thing! Old Outdated,broken stuff,windo in bathroom would not close better insulation,mosquitos would go in room though gaps in door frame! Could use free parking!

• Standard Room

I travel a lot for work and for leisure and have gone to Mexico/all inclusive resorts many times. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever booked. First of all, the staff was not welcoming at all when we first arrived. Then we (traveled with my sister for her birthday )had to wait an hour past check in time to finally receive our room which had no lock on the back door and no AC in the bedroom and if you don't like conjoined rooms don't come here we were conjoined by two rooms/villas in both of the rooms that we were in. The food was poor quality and the drinks were weak. We will not be returning.

The beach and pool were about the only good thing at this property.

• Superior Ocean View Room

Asked for an upper room with ocean view got a low level room apparently with ocean view but not really ocean view

Food was awesome/ employees are always willing to help.

• Standard Room

Beds are to hard and peopls working the front desk are not helpful and rude if your amerixan2

Close to beach and the bellbous or baggage people are nice

• Standard Room

Overall it was all going initially excellent. Until the very awkward and unjust moment my friend was robbed in our own room! I will start by saying that upon arrival we had to ask twice for batteries and a reset on the safe box that was not working. To me, this spells people at the reception were aware of obvious need to protect valuables... So after a couple of calls the batteries came and made habit of leaving our wallets locked, since the resit was all inclusive. On the last day of our stay, my friend forgot to re-place her wallet in the safe when she had ran up to grab money to purchase jewelry, and when she ran back downstairs to pay the artisan, someone entered our room. Although she locked the door and although I had placed a do not disturb sign on the doorknob, the maid opened up, helped herself to 3000 pesos, and cleaned our room all the same anyway, after riffling of course, through our drawers. Unacceptably, the hotel tried to be hush hush about it, and claimed they would make a "report" unfortunately, this happened on our last day, and with a bus to catch, we had to leave things with lose ends. I guess you just cannot even be comfortable no matter how much you pay! I would never stay here again, as much as I actually liked the place, it is a real shame! :( I completely would not recommend, it is better to look around a little more and better be safe then sorry!

The property was beautiful from entrance to exit. The staff for the most part was way personable and friendly. The beach was never too overcrowded and the water was perfect. The sands are a bit rough so avoid tumbling too much, specially small children. My absolute favorite was the buffet served all day! For dinner they give you these little restaurant coupons, you either choose Italian or "Japanese" Haha, please do not choose Japanese! Its nothing but 4 tiny, not very Japanese items in a small off-putting green restaurant, The Italian dinner however, wow! All white piano among walls of Hindi style architecture, and delicious yet simple meats and cheeses as appetizers. The main courses truly were excellent! I recommend the pork loin. At the hotel itself, there was a small restaurant serving seafood, although it was not part of the all-inclusive, it was delicious and affordable! I very much enjoyed the beach-side waiting service! Very quick and tasty drinks. The infinity pool overlooking the very shoreline was an amazing place for photo ops! We had a lot of fun making friends and joking about this area. Our room was very clean, I loved our balcony with garden views, and our beds were alright in comfort. I did not care for the bedspread, as it was paper thin and had an old-fashioned silky texture to it, so I just used extra sheets at night.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Standard Room

We were very disappointed in our room. Checking in we thought, "this is going to be NICE." Our room was 435. Way back in the corner. The bed was a disappointment and the bathroom shower area was disgusting. We were shocked and would have checked out if we had been there longer than one night. We kept wondering if all the rooms were as disappointing as ours or if we got that room because we were only staying one night or we had made our reservations on the internet. In addition the the air conditioner and TV remote did not work. I kept thinking that the room we were given was definitely not Hilton quality. I almost took a picture of the shower area to send it off to Hilton.

The grounds were beautiful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior Ocean View Room

1 TERRIBLE water pressure that came on and off -10 minutes to have a 2 minute shower 2 shower head did not provide a proper spray and staff would not replace shower head, or get back to me on, and no pressure water after they checked it out 3 pillows were terrible and there should have been an extra blanket in the room 4 I asked for a break on the rate when there was single occupancy ( daughter not able to come), and only one breakfast required, flatly denied with no explanation or 1 or 2 lunch meals offered would have been nice 5 3 block walk to condo from front to the hotel - no offer for mini shuttle for the odd time you don't want to walk 6 very dated décor in suite- felt like stepping back 40 years

pool was great , dining area very nice- concierge was excellent and bell men - front desk .....50/50

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Room

WiFi did not work in the room. The curtains were ripped and dirty. The shower sprayed sideways. The room smelled like turpentine. The bed was hard. No shuttle to the airport (the main reason this hotel was booked). 2.5 star hotel!

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

We had a good stay at this beach hotel! We would like for some of the hot tubs on the south end of the beach hotel building to receive repairs as some of them are missing their hand rails, and the Jacuzzi feature doesn't work in some of them. While we never saw or felt mosquitoes we received a few bites while in Puerto Vallarta in mid-February, so we recommend the use of mosquito repellant if you are outside in the evening with bare legs.

This was our second stay at Krystal Vallarta. For this trip we chose a room with a garden view where we enjoyed the afternoon shade and cooler temperatures on our east-facing balcony. For our first stay we enjoyed an ocean-facing room. Both sides of the building have their advantages. The beach is lovely and well-maintained. We also enjoyed the pools by the restaurant and at the south end of the hotel. There were plenty of beach lounges to sit on. We enjoyed walking north along the beach a short way and turning inland on a path that leads to a passageway that comes out near the door of the Soriana Supermarket. We are vegetarians, and so we enjoyed the salad bar most on the night when there were lentils and chickpeas alongside the usual salads. We took a bus to 3 different vegetarian restaurants in and near Centro during our stay, and we had a few picnics on our balcony with food from the deli and grocery shelves at Soriana Supermarket, but that was our personal choice. The city bus stops near the Krystal's front gate, and there is a street stoplight to enable crossing the highway cautiously and safely from the other side. The staff at this hotel and resort are very good at their jobs as well as being helpful and pleasant. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Thank you Krystal Vallarta, we will stay with you again on our next visit to Puerto Vallarta!

• Standard Room

Hotel is strict about how many people are with you. Most rooms only allow 2, and extra adults cost extra. Don't bother trying to sneak them through; not gonna work! Declare extra guests at the hotel, probably cheaper then doing it online.

Got upgraded to a suite once we got there. Pretty sweet. Nice staff, nice beaches, and nice people there as well. Me and 3 others were there for spring break.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Superior Ocean View Room

Wifi was sporadic and often not available in the rooms.

Breakfast was great. Omelettes made to order with a wide variety of fresh fruit, juices, hotcakes, bread, bacon, etc. Beachfront property with easy bus access to town.

• Superior Room

The floors in the kitchen area were not clean. Bugs in the kitchen area. The food in the hotel restaurant by the beach was not very good. In the advertisement, this property needs to state that it is a Time Share and they are going to try to sell you one. Not good if you are on vacation just wanting to enjoy yourself and relax.

The location was excellent. The beach was good. Has a kitchen area with a sink refrigerator etc.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Superior Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

My wife did not like the room we were first given, we went back and ask for another room at check in, [They did not know she had a bad week before we arrived at Krystal Vallarta, and she started to cry.] the manager stepped in and took care if the situation on the spot and gave us an up grade room at no cost. So I would like to believe they take care of all of their guests this way. I would give Krystal Vallarta a 5+ star rating for their customer service. The room was great and the staff was excellent, we were very happy with our stay at Krystal Vallarta.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Room

Chair saving sucked, couldn't get a chair but lots of chairs with towels and nobody sitting there, need to change that there is no chair saving allowed, tv mostly in Spanish , need some English channels, fridge didn't keep stuff cold, expensive to buy food if not doing all inclusive but food not that good, ocean was very rough there be aware, no restaurants close by had to taxi

Hotel was on the beach,and had palapa so and lounge chairs in the beach, nice pool, great staff, very helpful, nice beach, can walk along way,

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I called this location the day before arriving, I asked if we could pay in US dollars. They said NO. I also asked what the total amount is in pesos, so I could be prepared. I purchased pesos to have upon check in. I put the 'rounded up' amount of pesos I neeed to pay for the hotel in an envelope. Upon checking in, they now say my bill was 4000 pesos more than what I was told over the phone. When I explained I called and asked for the amount, Manuel the manager replied "if you don't have a name of who you talked to, I can't help you". So after arguing for a bit with the manager and the smug employee behind the counter. I handed them my envelope with the pesos, I stated here is X amount. I then bent down into my bag to get out more pesos to pay. When I stood up they stated my envelope was short 500pesos of what I said was in it. (Impossible two of us counted it twice). Obviously either the manager or the smug employee stole it while I had bent over to get more cash out. After that unpleasant experience, we went to our room which the AC never gets cooler than 75*, the bath tub had a clog in it, so it filled with water every time you took a shower. Mind you the lever on the tub was broken so only cold water came out of the shower head, while scolding hot water filled the tub burning your feet. The beds are as stiff as sleeping on the tile floors. We had 2 cockroaches in our bathroom. The people at their so called "concierge desk" didn't speak any English and almost seemed offended that they had to attempt to do so. Which really all they wanted to do is sell you stuff. Sure the place might look pretty but it's PVR every hotel is pretty here but this place I do not recommend.

The cleaning staff and maintenance staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Standard Room

Booking.com had this property listed as a 4 star and it was a 2 star. It was listed with free airport shuttle, which it has no shuttle. It was listed with wifi, one room had it and the rest did not. The beds were horrible and the pillows were worse. It was noisy. The food was not good.

The only good thing was the shower and the ocean.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Standard Room

The only thing I didn't like was that I wasn't staying longer! Was told we had Wifi in room however connection was very poor. I ended up spending a day at Starbucks in order to process payroll.

Staff were incredibly friendly and made the stay wonderful. Room was nice, clean and quiet. Pools & beach were amazing.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Room

*The Wi-Fi is fairly slow. * Beware of making reservations of the themed restaurants more specifically Cinque Terre. It seemed like a ghost restaurant when I arrived. Barely any staff or patrons. It took a while for us to be seated. The menu also looked weak. Never got around to actually eating the food because I got impatientand weirded out by the whole scenario.

* The buffet is excellent great variety of food. Breakfast time has freshly made omelettes and eggs made to preference. At Lunch they make fresh burgers and they have sandwiches and assorted snacks. Dinner is always fantastic! The entire restaurant has a gorgeous view of the ocean. Fantastic place to watch sunsets and eat dinner. * The rooms are very nice, nice big comfy beds, big shower and tub and bathroom area. They even have a stove and microwave and fridge if needed. * The pool area and hotubs are super clean and nice to lounge at. The beach is amazing and clean! * The staff never fails to be friendly and helpful. Bar and restaurant staff are super quick.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Standard Room

The buffet on the property was standard nothing fancy, but the claim of a "sushi" restaurant is insulting. It was a small Chinese food buffet with really old looking tuna rolls. I walked out and went to the buffet. Then we went in to town on the boardwalk and ate at The Oyster Bar, let's just say PV is not the place to go for seafood. Cabo wins that.

Our rooms were great, prices were great. Water pressure in the shower was amazing. Kitchenette was really nice to have travelling with a 7 month old.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard Room

Not a lot of variety of food / not many venues to chose other than the main buffet area / the Japanese place-that required a reservation- seemed to just be leftovers from the buffet area

Service was good / very friendly / lots of places for walking on the grounds / the food they had was good

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Room (2 Adult + 2 Children)

The bed was like sleeping on a board, there was a small foam square in the middle but only wide enough for one person. I wish that I got to sleep better. Also, only 3 of the jacuzzis made bubbles and none of them were warm.

The staff was great, the pool view was beautiful and everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Standard Room

I was staying in a room on the ground part of complex 4 room ground facilities. It was not cheap and the pictures are not the same. They fool you !!!!If you had couple of friends in another hotel they could not come and enjoy a nice evening. Also they were having dinner in front of the street smelling all the exhausts from the cars!!!Choice of food very poor.I will not be returning.

nice beach

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Standard Room

The staff was great! Entertainment was fun! Relaxing on the beach was truly a pleasure. We were very comfortable at this quaint beautiful site. Grounds were beautiful!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Standard Room

Everything about this place is outdated. The rooms are bare minimum, the food is ok but nothing special. There are not enough palapas for the amount of guests on the beach. There is only one bar open at a time, and if you want a drink after 7:00 pm, it's a long hike up to the lobby bar. The rooms are super budget with uncomfortable cheap foam chip pillows on the bed. If you can afford to pay more go somewhere else..

Excellent caring staff, good location.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Superior Ocean View Room (2 adults + 1 Child)

While we liked the quiet aspects of having our accommodation located well away from the traffic noise of the highway, one member of our party who has difficulty walking found the distance from the vehicle parking lot and the city bus stop on the highway to be a long walk to undertake frequently. In spite of mobility issues, we plan to return to this hotel, as we do like it here.

We loved our beach hotel's ocean-facing location, with the beach, the pool and the palapa restaurant only a few steps from our building's door. The hotel's beach palapas were a lovely place to relax on the comfortable beach cots. The hotel building is set back quite a distance from the highway so it is a very quiet location at night. The hotel is not new but we were very comfortable, and we appreciated the fridge and the locking safe in our room. Our room and the common areas were kept clean, and hallway painting was in progress. The room cleaners were very pleasant and helpful and did their job well. We had the buffet breakfast twice, and enjoyed the food that was plentiful and delicious. We found the servers to be very pleasant and helpful. As we enjoy exploring the city, we were glad to find the bus stop conveniently located near the highway entrance to the property. On the days that we left the resort, we found the Soriana supermarket to be an easy walk from the Hotel's reception area, and we enjoyed being able to purchase artisan whole grain breads from its bakery as a healthy alternative to the ubiquitous white bread seemingly offered everywhere in Mexico. We enjoyed the Guadalupe celebrations in the city Dec 1-12 during our stay. Our experience with this hotel property was very good, and we are glad that we chose to stay at Krystal Vallarta in spite of reading some negative reviews beforehand.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Standard Room

All of the machines in the gym were broken, not a single treadmill was usable, the weights were filthy, the machines were creaky, rusty and dangerous. Staff didn't seem to care. The water in the jacuzzis was a deep, dark brown color and we didn't go into them even once (there were children with dirty diapers on in the hot tubs). Breakfast and lunch buffets were fine but there were a ton of birds and insects on the food after a while. Dinner was a very poor, nearly inedible attempt at Italian food- why they tried Italian, we don't know. We had several requests during our stay, including an extra pillow and the safe in our room being broken and for each of these requests, we had to make 3+ phone calls to reception to get someone to come. WIFI doesn work here. Unable to sign on even once in 5 days. The drinks (margaritas, piña coladas, etc) had little to no alcohol content in them- not worth it. We left the property several times for dinner and real drinks. The staff was mostly kind during the day shifts, but in the evening, it was difficult to get any attention at all.

The only redeeming part of this hotel is the location. It is on its own stretch of beach and the hotel rooms, pool and buffet are right on the sand of the beach.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Superior Ocean View Room

Everything was horrible! People read the reviews before booking this resort! I did but kinda assumed some exaggerated....but they didn't! It was awful!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior Ocean View Room

The shower handle fell off. The fine details on the tile, light fixtures etc. are not up to nice hotel US standards but are comparable to what I've seen out here on the past. The food is okay but not great when you buy the prepaid all inclusive service.

The place is beautiful. The room was facing the beach for a great price. There were a lot of facilities such as stores, gym, baby gym/ day care and more.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior Room

I didn't have hot water, it was barely warm, but after being in the sun if was ok. Would have liked hot water in the shower.

Food was ok, could have been better. Just not impressed with the main dishes.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Room

The food was awful, and main dining area unclean . We left the resort almost daily to eat. Lots of beach vendors constantly bothering you

Great beach

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard Room

The pool is dirty and the mini bar too. one of us is not spanish speaker and we couldn´t change the laungue of the tv

the service next to the pool. Great treatment from Rodrigo.

The service

The experience

• Standard Room

No free parking Durty pool Very low guess capacity on restaurant

• Deluxe Mountain View

Rooms Missing thing's room telephone not working and A/ C very low in hot weather 🙁

The buffet is Good

• Standard Ocean View ( 2 Adults + 2 Children )

the beds were very comfortable.

• Standard Room

The hotel & resort should have their own official shuttle bus - at least to and back to the airport.

Location, location, location!!!

• Deluxe Mountain View

Poor security. Broken locks and people trying to access the room.

• Standard Ocean View

The room is old and outdated

I didn’t like it, you have to park your car in the front and walk like a quarter of a mile to your room

The slow service,they are understaffed

The cleanliness, the new facilities

Food! Could improve!

Everything!!!!

• Standard Room

Great sea view in new tower.

• Deluxe Mountain View

The room and beds were not great, very old and uncomfortable.

The area was nice to walk around in.

The Food

The Hotel was great but the food was just so so.

No elevator

• Superior Ocean View Room (2 adults + 1 Child)

Food was not so good. Gym was terrible and no elevator yet in new building.

Location and staff was the best.

• Superior Ocean View Room (2 adults + 1 Child)

Room ceiling leaks. Room and buildings need some up keeping.

The beach and pool areas nice

• Standard Room

We were placed in a new building with no elevator and rooms not completed

Close to the beach

• Superior Ocean View Room

Rude staff! Room wasn’t what I’ve booked. Arrived at 6pm and got the room at 945pm

Good Facilty