Reviews of NH Puebla Centro Histórico 4 stars

Avenida 5 Sur, 105 Centro Historico, Puebla Centro, 72000 Puebla, Mexico

#44 of 110 hotels in Puebla

Excelent location, centric and nice neighborhood. Very nice gym.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not enough coffee or tea bags in the room. Only one bottle of water.

Easy to go anywhere. Wide room. Nice gym, they even have free water and fruit there.

NH Puebla center town, Not OK
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

After check in only expected Top comfort after driving many hours. Then this happenned: Room (floor, tables) and and WC was not clean (hair and nails on it!). We awaited for a solution for some minutes. When we expressed they must respond within a certain time to avoid customers wait a long time, reception said "we tried to call various times but nobody picked up". A bad lie as we stood by the phone waiting.. We got another room and it had some issues but we where tired so we decided to stay in it. "You got an upgrade for next room" said the receptionist. This was false: we were in a lower category in first room and had paid a higher grade of room from the beginning. Unfortunately cleanliness is their main issue: either toilets (public WC in EG/ First floor), windows, bed linen with spots (not ok!) and the "Sofas" in both rooms are disgusting to sit in. NH Puebla center town is NOT at NH level Europe or elsewhere. Only similarity is the SAME price they charge you.. Yes the building looks new, but this does not mean is up-to-date in maintenance.

Check in was greatly done, including a welcome drink by a Receptionist different to the one who later on "assisted" us.

The staff was helpful, but unfortunately their system is not...

The staff was helpful, but unfortunately their system is not that good (reservation with booking). We were celebrating our anniversary and they were kind enough to put a great dessert in our room with a note. Our room was nice but the tub and shower door weren’t working properly. We loved the town and the location is great.

Location was excelent,close to everything you may want to...

We were assigned 2 rooms without a view to the street although we paid extra to have it. We had to make a call and the issue was quickly resolved.

Location was excelent,close to everything you may want to see at Centro Historico.

Disappointing. worse stay ever.

First of all I booked a bedroom with 2 queen beds. My daughter and I got a king bed we were flexible and agree that we didn't mind. When I enter the bathroom the first thing that got my attention was the dry water marks on the mirror, then pubic hair on the floor and bathtub. I call the front desk and they offer to give us another room right away. Second room same story but I had hand sanitizer and I clean the bathroom my self. I realized I was not going to get a cleaner bathroom actually second room was worse than first one but it was Friday night and I needed to get ready to meet family shortly after check in. I realized two bulbs were out between closet and bathroom so I didn't have enough light to do my make up or even to look inside the closet I call the front desk with the most positive and nice attitude and told them I wanted to the lights to be working early next day since I need them for my make up to attend a wedding. They said sure. Morning I reminded them nothing. Noon nothing. 4 pm I took a shower lights go out completely in the middle of a shower horrible experience. I came out of the shower in a towel I have the service man working in fixing the light right when I need to get ready for the wedding. He couldn't fixed the light instead he said he was coming back He didn't. He left a messed behind that I end up cleaning my self. I called the front desk they told me manager is busy to take my call eventually she called me and offer to transfer me to another room for the third time. I refused because I'm focused in getting ready for the wedding with so little time and light. No one ever apologize for the inconveniences. I try to stayed positive but honestly management needs to work on fixing all the issues. Over all poor disappointing stay.

Great location. Some of the staff helpful.

Great hotel close to historic. Enter
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool required more maintenance than it received, on one occasion the water level was so low the filter did not work so bugs were floating in it.

Bed was super comfortable and the room was nice

Decent business hotel in heart of city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sheets were of lower quality than one would expect at the NH brand. Make sure to put do not disturb sign on door or housekeeping will knock early.

Standard business hotel in city center with professional staff. Decent modern rooms with good beds. Quiet rooms. Very good breakfast buffet with many continental choices and 7 kinds of fresh juices. Helped me find a doctor for house call when I had trouble with altitude sickness

A great location for your stay in Puebla

Decor was a little bland but this isn't really a complaint.

Spacious room, comfortable bed, quiet but central location. Good variety at breakfast and served in a pleasant dining room. The pool area looked very nice but we didn't have time to take a swim. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful.

It was second stay there and the little details added up to make me look elsewhere next time.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In room coffee service a joke. Having to pay cash at the bar and restaurant dumb. Housekeeping slow to non existent

Hotel is modern in great location

Great location in a nice room with a view of the city.

Staff left only one small bottle of water daily for two people. And only one serving of tea or coffee in the room for the coffee maker. It was not replenished daily. Would expect it to be for the price of the room.

Loved the black out curtains. The room was on the street with but it was very quiet.

It was very comfortable and excellent location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some other room had requested room service and had placed their empty trays with leftover food on the hallway. It remained there for two days straight without any of the staff to remove said trays leaving the hallway look messy. Also not enough reception staff. Took a while to get service in phone and in person.

The rooms were spacious and accomodating. It was pretty loud in the mornings due to cleaning crew and their room being next to our room.

Location was very good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The window could be opened but that would bring the strong smells of a restaurant nearby. The bedlamps didn't give enough light to read under.

Location was very good. After a 12 hour bus ride happy with an early check-in (although not as early as we had hoped ;-)

I would not stay there again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The thermostat was broken in my room and I had to switch rooms after one night because if was like a sauna. The towels were more like cleaning rags than anything else...tattered and thin :-(

I got what I paid for
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no coffe in the room. The restaurant service it’s misserable. The Vallet stole all the money I left in the car

Wifi it’s pretty fast and the shower is amazing

A great place to stay, safe, central, comfortable, and with wonderful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are the best part of this hotel, always smiling, always responsive and ever helpful. Deserving of a special mention was Jerry, the concierge. His knowledge of Puebla, constant smile, really good English skills were very helpful for me, as a woman alone in this lovely town.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Great breakfast!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great breakfast! Very friendly and helpfull staff! Small but nice fitness room next to the swimmig pool on the rooftop. Located in the middle of the historical centre, which is perfect to visit the highlights of the city. Price-quality rate is really great!

for this cost, you can find better options in Puebla

Poor breakfast. The hotel was full, i had to make a line for eggs, coffee an for the juice, then i had nowhere to sit. No coffee for the in room machine, no minibar available

Hotel stuff very helpfull and friendly

The room service food was not bad but could be better,...

The room service food was not bad but could be better, increase healthy food in menu: fluits, salads, yogurt. Had to pay cash because the front desk did not advice that the signal in the rooms didn't allow credit card payment.

I would stay again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was boring. not a dash of color. comfortable and clean. I never got the coffee and tea service that was supposed to be included with my room. They did bring me an iron and board. The coffee in the restaurant is terrible.

There is 24 hour room service. Breakfast was good.

Very modern, clean, very nice room and the bed was gigantic!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very modern, clean, very nice room and the bed was gigantic! It was hard to leave the hotel after taking a short power nap because it was also very couzy.

Modern hotel with perfect location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Floor was LOUD, I understand hotels can't guarantee the quietness of the other guests, but for me noise levels were ridiculous, people shouting in the hallways felt as if they were hanging out in my room, no soundproofing at all.

It's a great hotel with a perfect location to visit Puebla, you can walk pretty much anywhere or take a cab to go around, rooms are big and comfortable, everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I loved this place.

I loved this place. Since I was able to walk around it's surroundings I have to say this was the best Hotel around this area. I am going back soon.

A hotel to stay

I liked everything.

I liked the location of this hotel. It's a couple of blocks from the zócalo. I also liked the cleanliness of my room and the friendly staff. I recommend it. I will definitely stay in this hotel next time I visit the beautiful city of Puebla.

Beyond Disappointed

Where to start.. For a little over $300 USD for 3 nights It was totally NOT worth it. To begin, the front desk ladies were all over the place. Different information from each of them. There was only one woman whom originally checked us in which did well. Aside from her the other two were horrible. (Wish I got all their names) We stayed on the 4th Floor- nice church view The PH is where th pool is- it does not look so nice, it is sort of small. The gym is nice- they do offer towels and water in a fridge besides that. We read on booking.com on Sunday's check outs could be as late as 3p. Asked a lady at the front late saturday night if that was an option. All she said was NO, it's at 1pm. Next morning asked another lady at the front ( I believed her name is Laurica or along those lines) and she said "Oh, 3p that'll be fine. Asked what room we were staying in and said everything would be fine. (Mind you, this was Sunday morning around 10am) We went out to enjoy our last morning/day in the Zocalo & got back maybe 10 min. after 1p and our keycard didn't work. We went back downstairs and while walking up to the lady that had told us earlier that morning we'd be fine to stay till 3p. She literally saw us walking up and she walked off to talk to a co worker. So, we spoke to another front desk lady (which is the orig. girl who checked us in - thank gosh she was professional and re-did our keycard till 3p w/no problem) but while talking to her I witnessed the other girl who walked off from helping us. Ease dropping on the conversation. Before we arrived in Puebla, my husband called to make sure our arrival would be smooth a week in advance. Even though, I wrote in on booking.com on our simple request of having one bed. The lady on the phone was nice and informed us she noted one bed because they had us down for two. We asked about tourist attractions- which she said to ask her friend Jerry when we arrived.

The location was the only perk

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

All was good from the beds to the cleanliness of the room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wish the cable TV had more English channels besides CNN & Fox News. Breakfast wasn't included in the room price.

All was good from the beds to the cleanliness of the room.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Location is two blocks away from main square, although not...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking.com states it's a pet friendly hotel and it's not. We had to hide our dog!

Location is two blocks away from main square, although not the touristic part of downtown.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Good location, helpful and friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms need some maintenance and improve cleaning. Charging for coffee at the room and local calls??? Food at restaurant could improve

Good location, helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Really nice location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was recommended to book 2 rooms (we were 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 10)). However when we arrived at the hotel they gave 2 rooms (just because we asked for) very far away each other. The rooms are so big that we do not need 2 rooms. 1 room would be enough.

The rooms are really good. Wonderful bed.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Location only redeeming feature - cheapness reigns at NH - never again!

Everything about this hotel was cheap, with a view to saving money for the hotel, with little regard for guest convenience, comfort or satisfaction. Annoying water saving faucet sprayed everywhere; no complimentary water; key card control over lights; cheap linens; bare floors; soiled bed cover; shabby-looking pool; even charged for the in-room coffee - there are far better options, wish we'd booked elsewhere.

Location - a few blocks from the central plaza.

The location of the hotel is great.

The location of the hotel is great. Easy walking distance to area attractions.

Located just a few blocks from the Zocalo!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Way overpriced for the condition of the hotel. Expected NH to have been cleaner and a bit more updated.

Located just a few blocks from the Zocalo!

Valet parking very rude

The hotel is well located.

The bathroom was dirty.

The hotel is well located.

nice location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No swimming pool on service

I will be back and stay longer
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I really like your place. Very convenient to the downtown. Love the friendly customer service. Thank you very much

Location, and good food around

Location, and good food around

excellent service

excellent location

Great location, good price, comfortable accommodation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool area, no bar on roof top as advertised

Big airy bedroom, clean, comfy bed

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Heating wasn’t working and after informing several times, nothing was done to fix it

Room was big and very well located

Clean and perfect location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything. Service was perfect and very clean.

I expected a lot more.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No room service. No answering the phone in the front desk. Lights did not work properly in the bedroom.

It was calm.

Overall, very happy. Beds very comfortable. Cot provided for our baby. Breakfast is excellent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air extractor in bathroom wasn't working. Bath/shower lacked a soap dish. Room could have had a coffee maker.

No free parking

No free parking

Great location. Great staf. Great beds

Great beds

Would stay again

Great location-friendly staff-nice breakfast great value

I recommend it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a very nice modern hotel. The restaurant has good food and the rooms are comfortable.

Location good, everything else bad

Poorly maintained, old towels, and sheets. Bathroom not totally clean on arrival. Horrible quality breakfast.

Excellent location and price in historic heart of Puebla
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent location. Excellent price. Friendly staff. Clean room.

Very good location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom, old and tired looking

Location of the hotel is just a few blocks from the main plaza

Avoid this hotel until they decide to renovate it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Facilities are in VERY bad condition, old and poorly maintained.

Breakfast was excellent

Breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Sweet and cool!

Room key issues.

Location!

Great hotel to discover the city of Puebla.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good equipped and clean rooms. Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Just OK!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was not clean!

Location and bed!

Conforrable

Very late cleaning rooms.

It is very close to the downtoqn and they are preparing N amezing breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Excellant location near old town.

Great staff.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

very good breakfast

very good breakfast

We liked the fact it was close to everything
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The photos of the facility were misleading as the photos on line were not what the facility looks like

We liked the fact it was close to everything

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Nice stay

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Nice stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking was not free. 60 pesos per day Not so comfortable as expected.

wi fi everywhere clean Staff very nice 5 min from city center

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Excellent location

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Everything was very nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was very nice.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

EXCELENTE HOTEL, CENTRICO, AMABLE,GARAGE SUPER, BAR REGULAR

EL BAR CARENTE DE BEBIDAS

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Great location and service

The bed was very uncomfortable. VERY firm

breakfast was great, staff was very friendly and helpful, location is great

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Central position, good choice!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a pillar righ in the middle of the room...

Cleniness, very central position, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

A chef to cook for you

A chef to cook for you

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Location and breakfastthe

The staff could be friendlier, nobody says hello when they see you, they act like they are doing you a favor. Also they did not like the price

Location and breakfastthe

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

The bedding was very comfortable as well as the furniture.

The bathroom was dirty, I expected more cleanliness for the three nights I stayed. The staff seems to be very consistent at not doing a great job in housekeeping. Also, a bit more maintenance on the cosmetic side in the bathroom would go a long way.

The bedding was very comfortable as well as the furniture. The view was great especially at night.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Not much.

The first room was small, dark, dingy, hot and depressing but fortunately I was moved to a better room. I requested a 4:15 wake-up call to catch a taxi to the airport, but the desk attendant DID NOT call me, which could have been serious, if I did not have my own back-up alarm. Booking.Com should be more careful of the rooms it rents.

Not much.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Breakfast was very good and good value.

I think the hotel is very corporate and somewhat lacking in character and the eventual cost was nowhere near that implied by the booking.com . It was significantly more. I also think that it is is very low grade to charge for the coffee provided in the room. I've never come across that before!

Breakfast was very good and good value. Roberto on the bar was very friendly and coped with our mad family playing Yahtzee in the bar every evening!

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

The room was comfortable and clean, location very good...

The room they gave on the third floor had a very bad smell of food and in the bathroom there was a extrange noise like an air extractor without having one. I had to ask them to give me another room, which they did but the views were horrible. They seem to have a problem with ventilation as this room also had a bad smell in the morning.

The room was comfortable and clean, location very good,although I didn't use them the facilities of gym and pool looked nice, big restaurant and several lifts.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

The extensive buffet breakfast and the lady who efficiently...

Don,t know, as everything was better than our next 3 nights at the same price NH Mexico Centro.

The extensive buffet breakfast and the lady who efficiently made excellent omlettes. The staff was good as was the size and layout of the room and the king bed great! Welcoming lobby too.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

The location is perfect, the hotel is nice and clean.

The staff are not bery helpful when you ask for advice. The value for money is very good in general but for mexico its on the expensive side as you can get very similar hotels 30 percent less

The location is perfect, the hotel is nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

I loved that I was only two blocks away from the Zocalo...

I loved that I was only two blocks away from the Zocalo (main historical plaza) where I was able to find all of the important buildings including the Cathedral! I also valued the fact that I had a breakfast included for every day that I stayed for a low price.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse NH Puebla Centro Histórico traveller photo gallery