Reviews of Park Royal Cancun-All Inclusive 4 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan Km 12.5 Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#71 of 161 hotels in Cancún

• Super Saver Standard

The put is in a different room. It was filthy. Than moves us to the room we were supposed to get. And they were remodeling it.

Rooms weren’t clean, with blood stains in the bathroom areas, and hairs in the shower.

• Super Saver Standard

A lot about this place was a horrible stay , resort staff at front desk were rude , the resort is a construction site it’s over priced accomodation and unclean pools , food was very basic after trying two days of eating at buffet we ate at other places even though we payed for all inclusive . We wouldn’t recommend anyone staying here .

This place allows staff smoking on each level in staff room lobby , noisy dj starts at 1030am and with massive construction going on resort building it is horrible to be at resort the front desk staff are not efficiently serving guests and it’s a minimum 25 min wait in line to check in or speak to front desk

• Deluxe Nature View

The construction was a bit annoying.

Great location right on the beach. Could sit at the pool and look out at the water. The Italian restaurant was excellent. Shopping across the street was nice too.

• Super Saver Standard

The water came out of the sink brown! We ran it for quite some time, but the color didn't change. In addition, they were jackhammering (doing construction) at 7 am! The room was not ready when we arrived. When we asked for a credit the attendant and his manager refused. They wanted me to pay $500+ dollars per night for brown water, and jackhammering. I would never stay with them again.

• Deluxe Nature View

First of all the property is under heavy construction my view from my window was a huge scaffold and noise from work being done from 7am-6pm even on a Sunday. Also I had to give a credit card deposit and its been a week since I visited the property and I have yet to receive a refund.

The restaurant varieties and bar selections.

• Deluxe Nature View

The hotel has construction working there, making loud noise from morning to evening. I don't like the hotel has two buildings. We were placed in a small building with no view. The restaurant is in the large building. It is not convenience to cross buildings when having food. There is no hair dryer in the rooms. The rooms are small.

I like the location only, as it closes to the mall.

• Deluxe Nature View

There was ongoing construction activity. The gym and steam rooms were closed. The access ways were closed due to construction.

The food was good. Staff was quite helpful - specially bellboy named Juan - who helped us a lot patiently - in changing our room.

• Deluxe Nature View

It is not worth stay in this hotel. The elevator was broken, we were waiting for 5 minutes and asked a server for help, but the server just told us to wait. And the buffet is so awful, few choices. Don't waste your money, don't choose here.

good location and dining-room staffs are nice

• Deluxe Nature View

Food at buffet isn’t a hit. Evening program is very limited, hotel is quite dead in the evening. Construction noise around takes away some pleasure

Very practical across the road from the nice shopping mall la Isla. Beach is very nice.

• Deluxe Nature View

Each time you need the GYM you have to pay extra. Is not much, around 6 USD but you have to go to front desk and pay and then go to the GYM. Why you don´t include it in the rate? Other thing I didn't liked is that I put the "don´t disturb" in the door, so they call me because they need to clean my room.... i was having a nap. Why we put "don´t disturb?

People are really nice and the room itself is really big and confortable and clean. The "All inclusive" service is a little poor if we compare it with others hotels.

• Deluxe Nature View

BEWARE the hotel is under major construction adding on 2 full floors and it starts At 730 and ends at 730pm. No where on the website or booking this is going on. I would have stayed somewhere else. They did offer me a different room in another building but was not dame type. The exchange rate is at least 10 percentage points lower than bank. The workout rooms said it was part of package on booking site but you had to pay for use. Basically not full disclosure by any means. The food is average nothing exceptional on either restaurant. The rooms are very noisy even without construction. We have been on the Cancun area for 49 days and now on to akumal. I would book somewhere for next year

The staff was excellent beach is nice but not really a swimming beach because of the wave intensity

• Deluxe Nature View

All night construction kept me up all night. No WiFi in room, drinks were weak, kids allowed in adult pool, no room service, no food or drink in room.

Clean room

• Deluxe Nature View

The buffet was ok but seemed like it was trying to please too many cultures. We didn’t care for the scrambled eggs, but the lady making the omelette did a fantastic job.

Staff was Very pleasant, rooms were neat and clean. Easy access to the beach and kids enjoyed the pool with the slides. When planning to do outside activities the staff was very helpful to get arrangements.

• Deluxe Nature View

We missed a few small things like toiletries at the bedroom

All the services provided are awesome and the hotel tries it best to offer recreational activities. All the meals and drinks in the all-inclusive package were excelent. Staff is polite and helpfull

• Super Saver Standard

Terrible service at reception, very inefficient, first room we were given, was on 1st floor, really dark and overseeing some construction works in hotel garden, we had to keep room curtains drawn for privacy, not nice for a beach holiday. Kept us waiting for about 6 hours to give us a different room two days lates. Housekeeping poor too, room had not been cleaned by 4.30 pm one day, by 2.30 pm one other day. Had to complain. Pool area crowded and with unnecessary loud music. Everyday same food at restaurant, food was not kid's friendly.

Spacious room, nice pool for kids

• Super Saver Standard

Room was not so good, since we were assigned to a 2 bed room on the ground floor. Staff at the reception desk could have been mord kind.

Food was good and beach was very close. Drinks were always available.

• Deluxe Nature View

It's not worth the money they charge, the buffet food is always the same and quite awfull. The service is not good, they are always rushing you. I will not recomend it if you want to rest and relax.

Beach access and just in front La Isla Mall

• Deluxe Nature View

If you like staying in a hotel with noisy, crying, screaming babies, and inconsiderate people making noise in the interior hallways at all hours of the night then this is the place for you. I should have picked an adult only hotel. This is a mistake I won't make again. Advertised free water sports but after the 1st 1/2 hour they want to charge us $42 an hour. Fitness center was $6 extra per visit, not per day, PER VISIT.

Food was OK

• Deluxe Nature View

The food in both the buffet and the restaurant was very average. All drinks were severed in a plastic glass, which I understand around the pool area but at an inside bar !!!

The pools and beach area was great.

• Deluxe Nature View

There was construction with jack hammer in the room above mine. From 7 am to 5 pm, 5 days. There was even plaster coming from my ceiling due to the vibration. No information, no discount. The restaurant and the hotel in general had the atmosphere of a public swimming hall. Its not possible to have even a quick coffee with a colleague who is not booked in. Not suitable for business travel.

Friendly staff. Good food, nice drinks.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

The quality of the room interior is lower standard. There was lots of noise because of constructions in the corridors from morning till afternoon. The hotel is very loud. It is only possible to bring another person to the property if you pay a lot of money 115 USD. So if you are on a business trip avoid this hotel because you cannot even meet someone to chat at the bar without paying this amount. The reception is not very friendly and the keycards for the doors are often not working. It is annoying to run three times up and down and then they tell you funny things like: it is my fault because I have a cellphone (which i left in the room). It is only a family hotel. For that the pool facilities are not very good. Nothing special at all. Laundry for two items needed 1 and a half day.

Food and the Caipirinha was ok. The Bartender are very friendly. And the waiters in the restaurants are working hard.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

I wouldn't come back to be honest, every single morning we had extremely loud drilling on our wall which woke up us, i called the receptionist who was helpless, i asked for the manager to come see didnt even come, called back still nothing. This was appalling to say the least, this is a holiday no one wants to wake up early especially from loud drilling and banging, so disappointed in the hotel for not getting back to us. Don't book or sell a room if you have construction on. 1/5

The Locations and being directly on the beach is perfect, also having an adult only area is also a bonus.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

some strangers were inside my room in the afternoon when I came back from lunch.! they messed up my room! then I found they were there to fix the windows, but they shouldn't don't this while they're guest still occupied the room. and luckily my valuable still there but all clothes being messed up! I did complained to manager and so far they responded "sorry for this"…that's all…I will definitely not stay there anymore.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

The staff was super friendly, the guests were lively, the drinks were strong, and there were plenty of opportunities to explore the rest of Mexico and the night life in Cancun.

• Deluxe Nature View

I am a wine drinker and well the wine here is terrible. The only place that has good wine, food, and coffee is the one restaurant only open for dinner and by reservation only. The time share 90 min. Was not worth it unless you are ready to make a commitment otherwise you are lied too and treated poorly by management. We were not given all the items promised to us. We are first time here, and from what we seen so far, this would not be the place I would buy into a timeshare.

The hotel was clean. The buffet food was okay. The one restaurant they do have is amazing. Omar and the restaurant staff was great.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Royal Presidential Suite Lagoon View

Several lamps and light bulbs in suite were not working. Staff said they would replace light bulbs. During our five days not one light bulb was fixed or replaced

Very friendly staff and clean facilities.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

When checked in they said they did not have a room for us and we would have to purchase an upgrade to stay there, even with our confirmation after about tem min they gave us a room and it was terrible , we had a flood everyday in the bathroom from the shower or when it was cleaned by maid. for being an all inclusive we were charged for items and when I ask for a invoice at check out they refuse to give me one said I would have to get it from Booking.com

the staff except manager and front desk personnel were great> But that's all.

• Deluxe Nature View

It's terrible place! 1. I was poisoned at the restaurant. I have a statement from the San Francisco Hospital. It's TRUE! 2. Hotel staff was ultra slowly. 3. I paid for the room $270. It was like usual hotel room. No balcony. Bad bed. And last one. I lost a gold chain in room. No one has contacted with me and has not offered to return it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

horrible food - especially asian themed night at the buffet and the pizza in the italian restaurant. Staff sort of challenged me on a few requests, one relating to shuttle to airport and the other relating to checkout. wi fi didnt work for much of the trip and they wanted us to pay for premium.

good location, great bartenders, good drinks, beautiful beach. Andres flagged down a cab for us in the rain while we waited under cover from the storm.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

The selection of food at the buffet could have been better and I didn't like that the only a la carte restaurant was always booked for reservations.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

We had to have our room keys re-activated at least three times. This was very annoying!!

Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Buffet excellent and the Al-a-cart restaurant was great too.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

Staff- Some staff were very friendly and helpful, doors were opened for us and many were polite and helpful. Local taxi drivers in particular were great from outside of the hotel, me and a friend got taken to our other friends house a 155 mins drive away and the taxi driver waited for 40 mins for us to be done and took us back to our hotel without any additional charge. HOWEVER! THERE WAS ONE RECEPTIONIST IN THE MAIN LOBBY THAT WAS SO RUDE! HIS NAME WAS ABRAHAM AND HE WAS ONE OF THE MOST RACIST/ OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET! TO BE HONEST EXPERIENCING HIS SERVICE MORE OF LESS RUINED MY ENTIRE HOLIDAY. IF YOU ARE A FOREIGNER OF COLOUR OR DONT SPEAK SPANISH AVOID THIS HOTEL. They will speak around you in spanish clearly discussing you and then all start laughing like inconsiderate monsters and I asked to speak to the manger and was told he would be down in 5 mins. 20 min later after waiting he was still a no show. When a came back a few hours later he apologised and offered free use of the spa services but the damage had already been done. Room- There was not any plug sockets close to the bed, the only one we could find was across the room by the sink area.

Wifi- Worked very well, even worked on the beach so I could talk to friends and upload photos and snaps to social media. Food- Breakfast was probably the best meal but all of the food was delicious. In particular the orange flavoured water, french toast and pancakes with syrup was divine. Accessibility- There was a large mall near enough across the street from the hotel which had alot of international shops which was convenient. The hotel was right beside the beach front so very easy access to the beach. Room- Beds were very cosy, in the distance from our room there was a lovely view of the beach from the window and beds were made everyday. The TV had a good range of channels, however everything was in spanish and we were unable to change the language on the TV. Ambiance of the hotel was great, reception area looks fancy and amazing with an indoor fountain. Alot of facilities are offered, we used the free beach towel service, spa, swimming pools and taxi service. There was construction work in front of the hotel, which caused some noise and discomfort. Hotel was near a very quiet area of beach without alot of people which made the experience better, free beach chairs came in very handy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

Some of the staff could have been more accommodating, especially the front desk staff.

Quantity and quality. Desserts were quite good. Restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful and I want to make special mention of Fernanda, one of the hostesses, whose smile and warmth lit up the room.

• Deluxe Nature View

The food, it is JUST edible - But some call me a food snob. But it was very very ordinary. I also noticed that they didn't always clear the tables properly (often leaving seemingly unused cuttlery & cups, & serviettes for the next unsuspecting guest). Many times I believe the cuttlery was used. (I had 3 definite examples of this). But I guess that is expected in an all inclusive resort with high turnover of tables. There were renovations happening while I was here, no notice of this when booking. Only 1 pool and the kids pool in action. Not what I saw as advertised. But didn't matter because the beach was so nice & of preference to me. A few people tried to sell me the up grade - but I made it clear I was not interested in their sales pitch - and after the 3rd time they left me alone. Not bad if you are after a cheap holiday with a beautiful beach. The location is good.

The accommodation was great. My room although without a balcony had views of the beach and had recently been updated. The beach was beautiful, plenty of shade close to the hotel so didn't block views of the beach. (Way better than Miami beach...although very similar). - note that it's very American here!!!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

entrance construction -lower floor const. noise during daytime-late nite loud music and activities from pool area.

room very nice and confortable -clean towles daily

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

I would have like to have had included in the food menu some more Americanized foods such as burgers, pizza, French fries stuff like that.

I like everything but traveling with a child I would suggest having more Americanized foods included in breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

It is an old property: air conditioning didn't work everywhere. The decor was dated, towels were dingy, it was not as expected.

The cleaning staff worked really hard to keep the property clean.

Houskeeping

Staff was super nice

• Deluxe Nature View

BUILDING WORKS we were not advised of.

Everything EXCEPT the BUILDING WORKS...

• Deluxe Nature View

Personally didn’t like the food, it was cold a lot of times.

It’s a lovely location with nice pools and bars. The staff wants you to feel good.

• Deluxe Nature View

Construction right outside my window. Asked to be moved but was not .

• Deluxe Nature View

nice dinning room with different fresh food, good experience

• Deluxe Nature View

all good but I do not understand a 4 star hotel in the bar serve drinks in plastic cups very bad

• Deluxe Nature View

Construction work taking place at the hotel woke me up at 7am (loud drilling).

• Deluxe Nature View

Couldnt swim in beach (not hotels fault) . And abit out of town but all the resorts are. Bus is easy and cheap

Cocktails, staff amazing . Clean

Front desk in chaos

Zero overpriced 3 star hotel stating itself as 4 stars

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

Staff was excellent especially the entertainment staff and the bartenders!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Deluxe Nature View

Customer service very bad, food not good.

Good location, close to beach and shopping mall. Free wifi and sufficient parking lot.

• Deluxe Nature View

The buffet food was fair at best. The Italian restaurant was outstanding.

Staff were very attentive, helpful

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

Too much pressure at the membership presentation

Food was excellent and so were the service people

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Food

Food was horrible

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

My president suit ocean view😀

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

Pushy activity staff trying to sell nightie tickets

Beach

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Royal Presidential Suite Lagoon View

That they where trying to over changer me for a guess

The room was amazing but the check in stuff where rude

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

The wait during check in.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

The staff are the very best, they know what you require before you do!!

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe Nature View

Elevators were broken the remodeling.

The services the staff is very attentive. They know you by name and welcome you.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

We paid for an all inclusive deal and the bars shut down at 11 or 12 at night. We were expecting them to be at least open till 2. Not to much of a night scene at the hotel.

Great location for everything. A short bus ride or taxi ride to key areas.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

We wished that they had balconies, and the food was just okay.

We were placed in a presidential suite for the first night as an upgrade due to being there for a celebration. the next night we were moved to a very nice recently renovated room, with a beautiful partial view of the ocean. They are in the middle of maintenence, so not all of the rooms are that nice yet, but ours was beautiful. The staff in the dining room were very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

We had somebody following us around the whole time. Didn't have enough alcohol.

Got our money's worth of food and alcohol. Had a good time. Made everybody's trip.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The standard rooms only have double beds.

That staff is top notch. The resort is very clean. Great location and the beaches are some of the best in Cancun.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

They charged for use of the gym a daily rate. There are only two restaurants and the second doesn't allow children under 12 years old to be seated. I had a massage scheduled for myself and daughter for the samend time, they didn't tell us prior they only had one therapist and that therapist was 15 - 20 minutes late and kept me waiting. So, I canceled as it ruined the mother/daughter massages and they refused to give me a refund and the therapist lied and said I planned an additional massage last minute and tried to kewp my $$$. The lock to my room broke..I Informed a housekeeping supervisor who had a walkie talkie and she told me to call the front desk rather than make the call and assist. They just lacked the customer service refinement. It was the first time I cried out of frustration in my life.

The location in relationship to the mall...however, not so close to excursions. The department that sold us an excursion said the drive was an hour when in fact it was 2 hours from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

I prefer a softer pillow and heavier blanket for a great nights sleep. Would have been nice to see some spirits I could recognize -

Location is awesome! Property is a bit older but still nice. Staff is attentive and friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

It's for seniors small resort with two pools Not for group of friends or bacholar party

The resort has good service The beach is bright and sunny

• Reviewed: 22 January 2016

Didn't like the very noisy pool area and the only way to access the beach was to walk past or through the pool area where guests are sunbathing. The reception area is large and felt very unwelcoming. Didn't like walking past the reps who gathered on first floor area and ignored you or looked you up and down as you passed them several times each day.

Loved the jacuzzi tub on our balcony and the rooms were a good size. Food in the buffet restaurant was good.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Lack of English speaking staff - difficult to get info - charged for mattress cleaning DJ at pool was too loud. Room was hard to get to and on ground floor with no view.

Good food and drinks

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

Didn't like being hassled by sales people. Better food variety,and beer variety. Gift shop too expensive cheaper to buy across road

Clean, beach, all staff, swimming pools mall across road

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

Check in process took so long.i asked for an extra bed that took three days to be delivered. The manager of the buffet was rude,impolite and not professional .thr Italian restaurant has a great view nice inviroment but food is below average.the hotel should have like a snack station since the buffet close at 10:30. Also would be nice to have a fridge in the room.

The bartender Mario and angel are wonderful ! Location is great .the lobby bar is great too.the hotel is very clean .

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

The price is high and the entertainment activities provided by the hotel are not really interesting.

Extremely helpful and attentive staff, comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

too many saved sun loungers books and hats for hours and not used .I understand that it happens but some attempt to regulate would be in indication that it is not acceptable.

the staff are superb.Polite and give a great service. A genuine pleasure to give tips for good service and not because you feel that you are expected to. You get great service either way. my favourite place was the pool bar by day or night.Thanks to Jorge.Ben and Arturo.Service with a smile and never an empty glass.<hope your manager isn't looking>

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Park Royal Cancun-All Inclusive traveller photo gallery