Reviews of Pierre Mundo Imperial Riviera Diamante Acapulco. This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Playa Revolcadero, 39840 Acapulco, Mexico

#14 of 68 hotels in Acapulco

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Amazing place to Vacation.
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View

I think like that the sandwiches at the cafe would finish early. After coming to the room after partying. Those would be good. But I didn't dislike anything about this hotel.

I like everything about this hotel. The customer service was beyond amazing. The staff always delightful to assist you in any way. If guests are concerned about security well this is the right spot for you. As there are Federales at every entry point to the establishment. It's a great location. Walmart is at a walking distance of you don't mind the heat. Loved this place.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Beautiful place lots of pool room is fantastic
    • Superior King Room

Waiter waitress was not good service and I have problems with valet parking and GM didn’t take care of that this matter she was really rude

Beautiful place lots of pool room is fantastic

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Excellent vacation -we will definitely come back-
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View

Breakfast wasnt my taste (presentation, toaster not working well, bread selection poor). I think less could be more (focus on quality instead of quantity).

The design of the resort (quiet, no music at the pool, spacious, even though it was well booked it never feeled packed). The pool is fantastic for kids and adults. Ist great and unique that the Hotel offers an on-site Starbucks.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

The trip was very good, the issue was the changes in the amount to pay.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

the changes in the fee at the moment that I arrived vs my reservation. The hotel requested to pay 50% additional.

I liked the service in the hotel, the food quality in the Restaurante’s very good.

Terrible!!!!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

DO not stay here if you're thinking it's a pet friendly facility because it is not. They advertise themselves as pet friendly; however, they then tack an extra $60 per night for having a pet. It would have been fine if they would have disclosed this information to me when I called prior to committing to my reservation on Booking.com, but they did not say anything about the extra free. I was charged $120 extra to stay there for two nights and that was all the money I had because I had lost my passport and needed to wait for money to be transferred into my account, which wasn't going to happen until Tuesday, as it was a holiday weekend. I had to pay the extra fees and it was the only money I had so I did not eat most of the weekend. Not to mention, I wasn't able to check in until 5:30 pm on Saturday even though I was there at 10 am. I waited very patiently for my room to be ready, yet the staff was so rude and unrelenting towards me. Also! I wasn't told there was complimentary breakfast until Monday morning so on Sunday, I did not eat anything.

Nothing. My entire experience was stressful and lackluster.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Friendly people, great weather, good location (right on the beach), yummy food.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool loungers/chairs were uncomfortable and did not have cushions.

Upon check-in and check out the staff was amazing! Also there was an earthquake when we were there and the staff was very professional and kind during the evacuation process. The breakfast was great with a wide variety and variations everyday. The smoothie bar rocked my world. All hotel staff were friendly. All the pools were clean and the access to the beach easy. The resort was clean and well maintained. The rooms were nice and clean. The free shuttle to Princess Mundo is convenient. The beach was vast and good for swimming.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

It’s acceptable, but it shouldn’t be sold as a luxury.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View

The lights don’t work. The shower is broken. The towels are ripped. It’s not entirely pet friendly. Dogs are not welcome to eat at restaurants, but aren’t allowed to stay in hotel rooms alone.

The beach.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

There is a great golf Turtle Dunes at 1km for the clients of...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The long chairs were not very comfortable...

There is a great golf Turtle Dunes at 1km for the clients of this hotel. A Pro golf course !. It was great, great maintenance, design of the course beautiful 🌈🌈🌈🌸🌸🌸👍👍👍

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

Unpleasant !

1,) What happened to the formerly comfortable camastres around the pool ? 2.) Why did the waiters not come to offer to bring water or drinks ? 3,) Why did the director never make an appearance to find out if the guests were happy ?

The beds were fine; the breakfast was alright .Our stay was ruined by the attitude of the reception clerks when I checked in. ( See my letters to Sr. Mauricio Ramirez and to the owner Sr. Hernandez ) But the worst part were the pool chairs or" camastres. " Totally uncomfortable and only on the very last day of our stay did we get full length cushions for them. We saw the cushions on the terraces, but no one brought them to us. We shall never return. And as usual, the inside dining room was much too cold. That is nothing new - has always been like that. That is why no one is there at night. And the day I checked in, around twelve noon, I had to make a big fuss to get into my room in the almost empty hotel. But another couple, elderly Mexicans, were not so lucky, did not raise their voices as I did, had to wait until 3 pm to get into their room. Outrageous ! I was at the inauguration of this hotel, have loved it for all those years. But that is over now . I shall never return. Renate von Boyens

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

It was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View

The hotel is old and the luxe room was smal for the price. The people is slow in general very slow. The towels weren’t that clean and everything is over expensive for the quality

Food was good, the view was nice, the beach clean

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Relaxing and easy

It was difficult to actually get the kind of rooms (e.g. single beds or king size, etc) that we had reserved online. They upgraded us to suites but in some cases that won't work, if the number of beds is less than was reserved...in the end it worked out but we had to be very insistent and it was a bit of a hassle

Great breakfast! Beautiful beach! and Nice feeling overall, enough space and gardens and several pools so it doesn't feel crowded even at peak occupation. Really nice for a family vacation.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

The sand is perfect, soft and clean...
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The discrepancy between the information from my reservation with booking and the hotel's front desk caused a prolonged check-in and extra money. Your reservation did not report to the hotel the fact that we had minors with us. All 3 rooms only had one bed and the breakfast for the minors were not included.

The facilities are aged but in great condition. It's location is good, the beach is perfect to swim, and the pool is nice. We truly enjoyed our stay!

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Wondergul staff!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room and bathroom run down but confortable. The hotel does not have a nice and inviting bar for the evening.

Wondergul staff! Lots of space: gardens, Pools, The beach.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Back to Acapulco - excellent stay
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Due to low season not all restaurants opened for lunch/dinner

Staff very friendly Great food Beach is very nice - service food & drinks Rooms comfortable Different pools Everything very clean - advantage: low season

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Good
    • Superior King Room

room service/ restaurant / bar stop working at 23:00!!! There are no shops nearby and arriving at 23:30 after driving for 5hrs the only thing we wanted was a cold beer and dinner. The beds are old and uncomfortable

We had room upgrade to keep us away from the noise

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Good
    • Superior King Room

The property reminded me something from the past! This hotel in my opinion use to be the high end of the princess hotel! The property hasn't have any improvements even the rooms and furniture look and are old! I had not been in Acapulco in several years and is very sad to see the beach that once was paradise full of vendors that do not belong there, umbrellas(palapas) that do not belong to the hotels packed on the beach back to back it really looks like an ugly market! Now I now why Acapulco has lost the spark that once had! Very sorry about it

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Greate Pacific Ocean view
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Only one restaurant open and one bistro (good food but a limitate meniu ) The resort location is far from other entertaimants or walking way.

The view from the room was beautiful, the cleanliness of the room and resort, the beach is big and safe. The staff very helpfuly - regards to concierge Alex.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Nice place, feel insecure for me
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View with Two Double Beds

My wallet was stolen inside the room, and the staff didn't take it serious. They "start" an investigation, and after four days the chief security was surprised when I say that also a credit card of mine was stolen, when that fact was written in my initial complaint. I had more than 400USD there, the hotel did not take any responsibility.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2017

Never go back
    • Superior King Room

Everything...my room was dirty, my bathroom was terrible, the towels should be white but... I found a used diaper under my bed😱

Staff, Starbucks Coffe in the hotel .. very good option.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

The resort was absolutely beautiful.
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View with Two Double Beds

I did not like the fact that I was charged an International fee and also charged an extra person when I was guaranteed that. The lady at the front desk argued with me even though I showed her my conformation. I also did not like the fact that there were ants in our patio and the furniture and even in the outside patio restaurants. Because of the ants, I was bitten 3 times.

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The beach was wonderful and where we stayed we had a great ocean view. I felt very secured in our gated area and the amenities in Rivera Diamante were excellent and modern. The staff were very friendly and always smiled and said hi, especially the men out front in the lobby. The resort was very quite and relaxing, even during Spring Break! My family and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Revolcadero nice place to go.
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Staff can be more polite. They need customer service training. The restaurant should charge as per needs. I was paying whole buffet, but I took only a plate of oatmeal.

I like not having stairs. The garden is beautiful and the beach is also very good maintained.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

So-So
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

No entertainment Restaurant not open during the week. Different prices for local beer at different locations,,, 50 pesos to 95 pesos??? 30 pesos down the beach a ways! Food prices at times double what the local restaurants charge.. No entertainment, no yoga, no activities,,, nothing... We won't rebook here.

Pools & the beach... Staff were all very nice..

• Reviewed: December 22, 2016

Beach was beautiful;
    • Superior King Room

Beach was beautiful; and the waves were amazing. The pools are very nice. The breakfast buffet was excellent; but, the drinks and food at the pool was a bit pricey.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Comfortable, clean and great location.

The pools

The staff was polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Excellent!!

I like all!!

All!!

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Hermosa estancia

Playa piscina grande Hermoso hotel

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Price much higher than value

Price significantly higher than value

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

The front desk people very friendly

Is an old hotel

The front desk people very friendly

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Family time is very important

Service needs to improve on the pool side there were no service and I had to look for someone to attend us

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Excellent value in a great location.
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View (3 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel is a little bit dated.

The breakfast and dinner buffets are outstanding. So is the service and the whole staff.

Will be back!
    • Superior King Room

Good breakfast buffet....lovely pools.....friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

a winner 100%
    • Superior King Room

From awakening in the morning to falling asleep at night, we were totally pleased and content. Loved the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

The gardens

Humidity smell in bedroom

The gardens

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Marvellous stay
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location and good value for money

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

I got a cut inside the pool because it needs maintanance, they said, you csn ho to see doctor under
    • Superior King Room

Not clear on some issues like pet frendly & some other things

THE Weather

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

We loved the location. The

The internet connection is the room was very slow.

The buffets were very good and worth the price.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Loved it!

Food was really good!

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Good hotel with new rooms

Nothing to comment

Good conditions along the hotel

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

A very nice getaway even if l was ill.
    • Superior King Room

I was ill while l was there so that put a slight damper on everything.

The staff was wonderful

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

This was not all-inclusive. The meals were pricey.

It

The beds were not like a cloud but just ok. The view from my room was awesome and the city tour was the best part for me!

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Great location, wonderful beach. Keep it nice and simple.
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View

Everyone was really nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

The

The

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

The service.

Too many kids.

The service. The whole experience.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

The property was one of the best in Acapulco.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The property was one of the best in Acapulco. However, now it is runned down

• Reviewed: February 2, 2017

I will definitely be back!
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The room was great with a wonderful view. The service was terrific. Everyone in the hotel was friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

Right on the beach.
    • Superior Double Room with Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Gym has old equipment some of it did not work.

Right on the beach.

The ice machines working

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Oldy but goody
    • Superior King Room

Bed was on the hard side and bathroom a little bit worn out.

Great location, hotel is old but well maintained. Got a great price.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2016

The perfect climate.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The A/C Started to work not so good

• Reviewed: April 19, 2016

the pools and anything else

rusty and old facilities, poor quality for meals and drinks, very expensive food stuff. poor staff service. I´m Very dissapoint because there is not ICE dispensers, you have to ask for it via telephone, I better recommend you to buy it at a gas station because the staff never answer. Really I'm very dissaponted, I´ll never book again this 2 stars hotel (really 2 stars)

the pools and anything else

• Reviewed: January 26, 2016

The closeness to the beach and the pool area is great and...

The building were we stayed didn't have elevator, it was in maintenance. we had to use the cargo elevator which was in terrible conditions. The breakfast was very expensive for what they offer

The closeness to the beach and the pool area is great and very clean. In general all the staff was very kind

• Reviewed: January 20, 2016

Staff was amazing

Roach dead on the floor. Was told there would be no additional charge for older child and charged anyway. Exchange rate used to calculate charges was outrageous

Staff was amazing

• Reviewed: December 4, 2015

The staff, mostly waiters, chefs, bellboys was extraordinary...

The pictures shown at your website do not correspond to reality at all. Management was no where to be found and the reception desk was helpless. Housekeeping does not follow standards. Some times there were towels, others didn't. Same with toiletries and turnover times.

The staff, mostly waiters, chefs, bellboys was extraordinary and helpfull.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2015

I made a reservation for the Pierre Marquez, when I arrived they argued about some technical problem and I was transferred to the Acapulco Princess. This hotel is a nice one, but I really wanted to stay at the Pierre Marquez. I hope next time they respect what I asked for.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2015

Smaller hotel, good swimming pools, not crowded.

The fact that there are carpets in the rooms. It is anti hygienic. Old furniture.

Smaller hotel, good swimming pools, not crowded. Tennis courts in very good conditions. Long, wide beach. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2015

la ubicacion es perfecta, estas frente a la playa, nadie te...

Nada malo que decir!

la ubicacion es perfecta, estas frente a la playa, nadie te molesta. Es muy tranquilo, familiar, limpio y me encanto que tiene varias piscinas. El Staff excelente.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2015

the beach and pool

the service at reception, don't know the exact service which the breakfast includide. The price which i made reservation and the actual price invoiced was different

the beach and pool

• Reviewed: March 24, 2015

Compared to the tourist hell hole that is Acapulco Bay, the...

Like most Mexican resorts and hotels the service is friendly and helpful, although not exactly polished. English capability varies quite widely throughout the resort staff and it impacts their ability to understand your needs and quickly resolve it.

Compared to the tourist hell hole that is Acapulco Bay, the Fairmont Pierre Marques, is a beautiful, relaxed alternative right on the Diamante Coast. The beach is beautiful and clean and the sunset over the surrounding hillsides is spectacular to say the least.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2016

Yo have to improve the food, it is very mediocre

Yo have to improve the food, it is very mediocre

• Reviewed: March 29, 2016

Nothing worst acapulco experience so far.

Old building with old furniture and old tv's

Nothing worst acapulco experience so far.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2015

The hotel is very old, it was not very clean, and i booked a double room and was given a room wirh one queen bed

• Reviewed: December 2, 2015

The pools where ok

Rooms are too old. Price is expensive at restaurants. The fodd is average, nothing spectacular

The pools where ok

• Reviewed: November 25, 2015

Staff

Food prices

Staff

• Reviewed: October 27, 2015

I liked the pool, the food, the attitude of the staff.

Expensive room service and rates for what it offered and very old installations

I liked the pool, the food, the attitude of the staff.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2015

Excellent staff.

Old rooms at the tower building.

Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2015

I like the location

The hotel looks old and without properly maintenance.

I like the location

• Reviewed: April 28, 2015

Swimming pool is awesome!

Facilities look old!

Swimming pool is awesome!

• Reviewed: April 15, 2015

Staff is respectful, friendly.

Staff is respectful, friendly. They are helpful and don't overdo it. The hotel is good quality without being pretentious, which a plus!

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Pierre Mundo Imperial Riviera Diamante Acapulco. Traveler Photo Gallery