Reviews of Hotel Plaza Kokai Cancún 4 stars

Avenida Uxmal 26 Super Manzana 2A, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Large size rooms and good bathroom
    • Standard Room

Sadly after I paid for the booking we were told there were renovations occurring upstairs but it would not impact our stay because of the times it would happen. Next morning we caught a 4am bus to Chichen Itza and returned about 3.30 pm to extremely loud jack hammering. We were told it would go on till 5pm but we complained we needed to rest after getting up at 3am. Reception just said that nothing could be done. I was not offered any compensation until I suggested a complimentary breakfast ( which was a meagre plate of fruit and a few slices of toasted bread despite a la carte being available) In addition we nearly missed our bus as the elevator was unavailable as it was being used for transportation of concrete. As we were on a high floor walking down with luggage was not an option. The man on reception was again aloof and unperturbed by the noise and inconvenience caused. A disappointing stay!

Large size rooms and good bathroom

Good for a night.
    • Standard Room

Staff will try to scam you out of a few extra dollars by forcing you to pay the bill in dollars, which will be increased by using a bad exchange rate to convert it again to pesos. Rooms are a bit outdated, no sockets in the room, dirty little pool.

Good for a night. Close to ADO.

Great location, perfect for the bus station.
    • Standard Room

Pool looks a little dirty if you’re interested in using that. WiFi doesn’t work in some rooms (was completely fine in my second room!)

Great location, perfect for the bus station. Cheap and cheerful. Stayed here a couple of times for a night each. I didn’t have any issues.

I had a reservation in hotel Plaza Kokai in Cancun.
    • Standard Room

I had a reservation in hotel Plaza Kokai in Cancun. I payed in the property and stayed there for one night. But the place was in unacceptable condition: 1. The hotel provided us a room with two single beds instead of one double, lying us that they have only these twins bed rooms in their hotel  2. Air conditioner in the room was very old and worked very very loudly, it was impossible to sleep. We tried to switch it off, but without there wasnt any air to breath. We didnt sleep all night long 3. The morning after staff on the reception was absolutely indifferent to our problems (no questions, no apologizing, nothing) 4. As a cherry on the cake, we found some bed bugs and cockroach in the room. 5. When we insisted about having a couple bed room, as was written in the reservation, they told us that there weren't any possibilities to have it. We left early morning. Last day of my vacation is ruined

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good price for 1 night stay in Cancun.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

The hotel decor was very outdated.

The staff were helpful - both prior to arrival and during the stay. It was also helpful to have the airport shuttle and the ADO bus stop close. The room was very spacious.

It’s lovely rustic hotel in a very handy location near the bus station. It’s also very central
    • Standard Room

I was a little annoyed to be charged $10US for upgrading to a suite as they had double booked my room?? I was also short changed by $1US as guy said he had no change?? As I was quite annoyed I went back and asked for my change in Pesos!!

It was very conveniey for the ADO bus station in downtown Cancun. My flight arrived very late at night & it was nice to only have a 5min walk to the hotel. The staff were very helpful too & told me that my son had already checked in etc.

Close to ADO bus.
    • Standard Room

Location isn't great. Not much to do and not many food options. The shower curtain was dirty. I had to request to have my sheets changed because they had hair and debris on them when i checked in. If you're on the first floor it's really noisy.

Close to ADO bus. The accomadations are good for the price

I really loved the location!
    • Standard Room

I really loved the location! It was in downtown, so many things were accessible, and it was tons more affordable than all-inclusive hotels. It was perfect for me and my friend who were budget travelers

We stayed here overnight as we had an early connection at...
    • Standard Room

We stayed here overnight as we had an early connection at the ADO bus stop the next morning. Location was approx 8 minute walk from the station which was fantastic for us! I honestly was not expecting the hotel to be so nice. Our room was pretty large, it had a great shower. If I ever stay in the downtown Cancun area again I will be staying here. For $50/night I can’t fault it.

• Standard Room

Thin walls, feels like there is no walls. You will hear everyone and everything. Screaming neighbours, music from bar, party from pool. We couldn't sleep for a whole week.

Great value and convenient, but very loud
    • Standard Room

Extremely loud. Our AC was rattling at a decibel close to helicopter taking off, could hear every conversation going on in the whole building and even the elevator down the hall could be heard. Street noise as well, which is to be expected. Bad choice for light sleepers.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for anyone wanting to be close to the bus station with access to airport. Also, can’t beat the price.

Staff were helpful and willing to help with queries.
    • Standard Room

Location is good or bad depending on what you want from Cancun. Bed was hard but I actually slept well on it!

Staff were helpful and willing to help with queries. Good value for money

We liked it. Would come there again.
    • Standard Room

It is close to the bus terminal, nowhere I've been the area close to a terminal is nice. Not a real danger at any time, but there were people drinking at night, my wife wasn't comfortable walking alone around the Hotel.

Comfortable overall, technologically savvy: even AC is controlled by the access card.

Do NOT book here
    • Standard Room

The rooms were not clean, the towels smelled strongly of bleech, the staff did not fix the wifi for 3 days, the air conditioner was incredibly old ; I got one of the worst rooms in the hotel, due to booking through booking.com. Do not count on any agreements, made with the staff - taxies, shuttles, check out times, anything,really. The location is not good for tourists - way too far from beach or any activities, so prepare a load of cash for cabs.

I didn't see live cockroaches.

I highly recommend this facility which is clean and comfortable
    • Standard Room

No elevator most of time during our stay.

Good location and value. Clean and comfortable facility. Elevator did not work 50 percent time but they were working to fix it.

Great stay
    • Standard Room

The beds were a bit uncomfortable and I wish the hotel had WiFi through out the hotel, not just the lobby.

Great place for what you pay for. Overall experience and cleanliness was great!

The staff was nice and can speak English.
    • Standard Room

The interior is old and from the 80s. Not my think but is was comfortable and the air conditioning works well.

The staff was nice and can speak English. The location is ok.

wont come back but the staff is nice
    • Standard Room

Looks like a lost hotel from 70s, the AC was old and blowing some funny smelling air so we switched it off as a lesser evil and barely survived the night. Woke up in sweat. Breakfast was very poor. They brought 2.5 tortillas to accompany my plate. WiFi was bad.

Just location

Cheap and near the bus station, comfortable little hotel
    • Standard Room

Ok, this hotel isn't the newest and could do with a facelift. But I think it's still great value. I liked my room, and the check-in and out times were more generous than other hotels. Apart from the rooms being on the dated side, I can't think of much else I didn't like at this price point.

Really close to the ADO bus station in town. Don't give in to one of the taxi touts at the airport, just walk through to the ADO bus ticket office and buy a ticket there for 78mx. The location of this makes it really good if you've got an early bus to take from Cancun to somewhere in Yucatan that's more interesting than Cancun (not difficult) The hotel is kind of gloriously old fashioned, and a bit dated. Personally I love that kind of thing. But not everyone fantasises about being a tourist in the 1980s.

Over all, I am super happy with this booking and the value for my money.
    • Standard Room

I think the restaurant could use some more charm, decoration, and a better atmosphere as well. The extremely cold air conditioning is a real downer in there. I tried to have dinner in there by I had to walk away from it because it just felt so unpleasant.

I was totally impressed by the facility, the costumer service, the location, and everything also. I would definitely return to this hotel, and I would recommend it. It is a super cool facility. I am very happy with my staying at this facility.

was okay

the toilet was blocked for 2 days , and the pluming was draining slow

the staff was super nice and helpful and the hotel restaurant was relay good and reasonablyw priced

Excellent for those traveling by ADO bus.
    • Standard Room

This hotel is a great value. Air conditioning was perfect and hot water flow fast. The lobby, elevator and room are spotless. Very good architecture. Staff is business like and helpful. Parking might be difficult. This hotel is a 5 minutes walk to the ADO bus terminal.

nice hotel
    • Standard Room

This is a budget hotel but the quality was very good. I made a reservation for two nights and ended up extending the reservation for 6 nights. The staff is friendly.

Horrible
    • Standard Room

Room was very dirty, bed sheets were used and there were dark hairs in bed when we came there. Bathroom was dirty and water smelled terrible. Hotel staff was VERY rude. They didn’t say hello to us when we came there, and their additude was like they don’t care. We could’nt sleep at all in night because soundproofing was so bad. We hear all night when people above us laughed and we heard every word they said. We were supposed to be there 14days, but we changed hotel at first morning to different city, what was more safer than Cancun. Location was bad and in dangerous are for tourist!

staff was really nice and ready to help.
    • Standard Room

Pictures were way better than reality, pool was dirty. The door between my and next room- you could hear noise from other room which decrease overall comfort.

staff was really nice and ready to help. Location was good- near by bus station.

4.0
    Internet only in public areas and not in City center as it was advertised
    • Standard Triple Room

It is not center at all. I was thinking that maybe I was wrong, but I asked locals and they told me that this is not center at all. Plaza Las Amerikanas is about 50 minutes walking distance. So, in order to get to center you need to pay $4 taxi each way. Other thing is internet. It is only in public areas, but this info is hardly visible. They show free WiFi and in 21 St century you would think that you will have it in the room, but here you kind of have it but signal is from fair to poor. I have asked receptionist, but he did not care at all. He printed me reservation highlighting where is written and that is it. Not happy at all, I travel alone and I need internet to call people in private. Will not come back and do not recommend.

Very close to the ADO bus station, large, clean and comfortable rooms
    • Standard Room

Breakfast wasn’t anything great, was only a plate of rockmellon and toast but was still fine

e only stayed the night as we caught an ADO to Cancun then an ADO to the airport the next day. The location was great for us, we were able to very easily walk to the bus station with our suitcases. The staff were very friendly. The room was large and clean with 2 beds.

Last night before leaving...
    • Standard Room

Restaurant at the ground floor a bit too expensive, poor breakfast (just few slices of bread with batter and jam, coffee/tea and juice/ small plate of fruit.

This hotel has a good location if you travel by bus, it is really close to a big ADO Station. The room was pretty big, with aircon and tv. Bathroom with a huge a hot shower.

Nice pomace in Cancun
    • Standard Room

The only thing I would suggest is adding eggs into the inclusive breakfast, but we found a nice cafe nearby to have good breakfasts (cafe Nader)

Everything was great here, staff were super friendly and helpful, nice big bed, an elevator and pool and a nice rooftop to watch the sunset. Close to great restaurants but not near crazy night life. Staff let us extend extra nights too, great!

The staff were super flexible and accommodating with our late-night check in. Near the bus station!
    • Standard Room

We had to check in super late and the staff were flexible and accommodating. The location is perfect for travelers needing to take a bus early the next day as it is near the central downtown bus station.

Great location and excellent value.
    • Standard Room

Only improvement would have been a refrigerator in room.

Great location in downtown Cancun. Stay included breakfast; bread, fruit or juice and coffee. Restaurant on site was very good, Spanish tapas and traditional Mexican food. Very close to multiple restaurants, laundry and grocery stores within walking distance.

Cheap, basic, did the job but I wouldn't stay there again
    • Standard Room

The breakfast was probably the most limited and basic we have seen, bread, tea and juice. Some hotel staff did not appear interested in helping guests (although some did).

Quality matches the price.
    • Standard Room

Quality matches the price. Pretty ok, but nothing special. However, relative to the other more expensive options around, i believe it was a good choice

The hotel is close to the bus station, banks and restaurants...

---

The hotel is close to the bus station, banks and restaurants are nearby. The staff was friendly, knowing and helpfull. Good choice. I enjoyed my short stay there.

Great location in downtown Cancun.
    • Standard Room

Only thing that would have been nice would have been a refrigerator.

Great location, near the bus station downtown. Great restaurant in the hotel, Spanish tapas and traditional Mexican food. Entertainment some nights. Breakfast included consisted of toast, fruit and coffee or tea. Grocery store nearby.

tolerably
    • Standard Room

poor breakfast - coffee and stale bread, very dark room, I think the service does not like tourists, very conservative, some did not even reply to goodbye etc,

pretty good location, good sushi near hotel,

staff was rude, hotel was dirty, to many roaches
    • Standard Room

several small roaches, indicating roach infestation. reservation stated complimentary breakfast, staff said it was not included, the next day they said it was and gave me a piece of burnt toast

The location was nice and right in the middle of downtown.

Economical hotel close to bus station
    • Standard Room

Nothing not to like really.

This was a good, economical hotel for one night in Cancun's downtown area. The hotel was close to the bus station, although I had trouble finding it. What else? Bed was comfy, wifi worked well and it was easy to get back to the bus station the next morning. Pool looked nice although I didn't have chance to use it.

Good location near ADO bus station.
    • Standard Room

Good,but very loud air conditioning. It could be also more lighting in the room.

Good location near ADO bus station. Comfortable bed, clean room. Very good wi-fi.

Hotel for a quick stay!
    • Standard Room

The room had thin walls and could listen to the person(s) from the room next door. WiFi connection was not that great.

It was easy to find and to go anywhere in Cancun with ease.

• Standard Room

I don't like to low down ratings but the hotel was disaster... first the rooms not like in pictures, second the breakfast is really not breakfast.. the hotel not clean Not recommend at all

Great place for adventurers, backpackers, or those who need a cheap place to crash.
    • Standard Room

I didn't see if there was another pool, but the pool I saw was literally the smallest pool I've ever seen.

Cheap. No hassles, walking distance from ADO bus station. Great for people who just need a place to stay and don't want play the astronomical fees at the luxury hotels.

This is a great place to stay for a few nights if you're...
    • Standard Room

It is not the Ritz Carlton but it is a great location to get from transportation and also some kind of adventure you want to plan. The Internet is not the fastest but it does get better later at night.

This is a great place to stay for a few nights if you're traveling in the area. It's not far from very many places and if your hungry they have a restaurant down below.

Good business travel hotel
    • Standard Room

The key to my room stopped working a few times for no reason and no matter how many times they tried to fix it, they could not. They had to send someone with a master key to open my room.

Great place to stay on business, as guests can easily find the hotel located in Cancun downtown.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Suitable for it's price
    • Standard Room

Very slow WI-FI. Breakfast was not good. Very loud air-conditioner.

Great location. Near to bus station, I walked to beach by feet (~25 min) Room was big enough and comfortable. Good price.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Pay less and don't expect more !!
    • Standard Room

Very noisy fist few nights (Some guests werent very respectful I suppose) it ocurred us few times that in the middle of the night they were slamming doors speaking spanish shouting and laughing. Breakfast is a joke - we simply ignored it and went to McDonalds close-by. only one coffee, 2 pieces of bread(not toast) and 1 package of jam are all ! second cup of coffee is extra (!) I told ya its a joke. Room was infront of a very busy street (although we had requested a quite one). Smell of humidity*

hotel was cheap and close to the central bus station however theres not much to do in the down-town area. So it disnt help much. Also close to a supa-market! You can still travel to the nice beaches (check-out the photos)

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Very friendly welcome!
    • Standard Room

The included breakfast was not very good and they missed an opportunity to sell us something better. When we asked for refill for our coffe we were just told they only one cup was included, had they told us that we could buy another we would have, but since the waitress just left, so did we.

Very friendly welcome! The night manager was super sweet and helpful. We only had one night and left early in the morning, the location was great for us since we needed to be close to the ADO bus stop. A little pricy for what we needed but still it seemed nice if we would have stayed longer.

Good hotel with bad services :-)
    • Standard Room

Dirty and cold pool - I didn't see anyone to clean it in a whole week :-( Really poor breakfast - only bread, butter and jam Too far from the beach

Nice and spacious room Good location close to the central bus station

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

For me it was central, rooms were comfortable, pleasant...
    • Standard Triple Room

Staff always helped when asked, but in lacking smiles - even to welcome you at checkin, to welcome you in and out of the hotel at any point, or when dealing with most staff, it did not feel like a very happy environment. I left early for personal reasons, and i was given a refund for a couple of days, which i am grateful for, but this was not processed automatically, and although the manager was helpful, it took 4 trips to the hotel to arrange it all, and I was told I could only receive the refund by cheque.

For me it was central, rooms were comfortable, pleasant hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Not recommendable
    • Standard Room

Room was not properly cleaned (blanket looked used, room smelled) The breakfast ist only toast with Marmelade, that's it In the night the air con of the next building was so loud that we couldn't sleep

Good location for the ADO Bus

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Not so great
    • Standard Room

Noisy. We heard the ac and tv of the other rooms strongly. Also the hotel threaten to cancel our reservation if we did not arrive before 16:00 one day before, which was quite stressing and uncalled for.

Close to the bus terminal (walking distance)

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Good Value, but something is not right
    • Standard Room

Breakfast: few slices of fruits and bread. Very small aswell. Rooms are very dark. Restaurant is Expensive comparing to others in cancun. 25$ for salad and fruits

Great value, staff is friendly, good location, 5 minutes walk from bus station, it's perfect to get anywhere you want.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

I liked how caring the staff were.
    • Standard Room

1.Sketchy wifi. I changed my room twice and it always works best in the bathroom. 2. Poor lighting. I'm not sure if it's the aesthetic or not. There's tons of light switches but not a lot of illumination 3. Early cleaning. This is kind of a me problem but I didn't really like hearing a knock on my door, early 10am for cleaning.

I liked how caring the staff were. Very nice clerk (helps if you know Spanish obv) cleaning staff were also super nice. I walk sorta fast so I get to the ADO bus station in 3-4 min. Same distance to Tulum ave where you can take a bus to the beaches. I liked the marble floors a lot. Staff are willing the help you get around town if you ask. The rooms are very clean (i did get bit by something but I'd like to think it was an outdoor insect)

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Budget Quality Hotel - Upgrade to Junior Suite

Seedy area.

Room was decent considering the price. Junior suit was large, mattress was new and comfortable. We killed one cockroach that scuttled out from under the bed. We checked extensively for bed bugs - there were none. Mattress was surprisingly new, very firm. Sheets smelled clean. Room looked like it had faded from it's former glory ling ago, but held on to its origins. The bathroom was very large.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Fairly basic, but good value
    • Standard Room

We were slightly overcharged for our room service. The beds were pretty hard and the pool was a bit dirty

The roof terrace was nice, the room was large and comfortable. Great value for money

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Good value for those looking for a hotel near the center of the city.

The smell of the rooms.

The value of the hotel, the rooftop solarium, the restaurant and bar but most of all the hotel staff - their work ethic and friendliness.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

For the Price I would Recommend to Family.People whine too much. It was Great Value.
    • Standard Room

My shuttle driver from CUN not knowing where it was.

Everything was good in room 112. I would recommend to Family I liked it that much for the money. Everybody that complained are just whiners.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Great accommodationsand location, stingy breakfast
    • Standard Room

The shower head could use some CLR since water was coming out of only 1/3 of the holes in the shower head. I had to ask for breakfast meal tickets- the attendant at the front desk didn't want to give them all to me up front. I said 'So you expect me to come here and ask you for a ticket each time?' Breakfast was part of the deal so I don't know what the problem was. Breakfast was 4-6 small (8x3 cm or less) slices of soft baguette depending on who was serving that day. Breakfast also included a choice of 5 thin (0.5cm) slices of fruit or a small cup of juice, butter, and coffee. They were very guarded about how much bread they gave.

Easy walk to the bus stops along Tulum to reach the beach and ADO bus station. The room was clean and quiet.The bed was comfortable. The air conditioner was a great help.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The room was perfect.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast could be better. You only get bread and one package of butter and jam plus coffee or tea.

The room was perfect. Very big and comfortable, the AC and internet were working good.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The place is simple but the room has a lot of space and the...
    • Standard Room

The room had a strange odor when I entered.

The place is simple but the room has a lot of space and the reception let me keep the luggage in there after the check out. Close to the Ado Bus Station

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Close to the city centre
    • Standard Room

Some days were in the restaurant live loud music until the early morning hours.

Well-equipped room. Basic, but tasty breakfast. The hotel is a 10-minute walk from central bus station.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Friendly location in Tijuana
    • Standard Triple Room

The staff was amazing, from the two guys at the front desk, they helped me with all the issues, to the very friendly manager! The room is all new furnished and very clean!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Fine

Info about excursions

The room

Simple, cheap, nothing special.
    • Standard Room

Wifi not working at all in the room, only at the reception

Simple, cheap, nothing special. Only stayed one night.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent staff very friendly and helpful.

Poor WiFi signal

Excellent staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was also very good with room service as well

Nice staff, clean and quite hotel room with a nice view over...
    • Standard Room

Nice staff, clean and quite hotel room with a nice view over the city.

Price, location,stuff and room are nothing to complain
    • Standard Room

WiFi and water pressure are weak

Price, location,stuff and room are nothing to complain

Nice, cheap option.
    • Standard Room

Nice, cheap option. Good value for money considering.

Great place to spend a night after flying in from Cancun.
    • Standard Room

Great place to spend a night after flying in from Cancun. Helpful staff, clean rooms, comfy beds. Also a pool!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Transportation on the site crew very profesional and...

Pool closes at 9 pm but its understandable

Transportation on the site crew very profesional and helpfull

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Loved the place, going back tomorrow!
    • Standard Room

There was nothing I didn't like, it was very nice!

The staff, cleanliness, restaurant, elevator :)

Central location, friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

Central location, friendly staff.

Wifi signal could be better!
    • Standard Room

Wifi signal could be better!

Air conditioner doesn't quite work well.
    • Standard Room

Air conditioner doesn't quite work well.