Reviews of Princess Mundo Imperial Riviera Diamante Acapulco 5 stars

Colonia Granjas del Marques, Playa Revolcadero SN, 39907 Acapulco, Mexico

#14 of 81 hotels in Acapulco

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

A good venue for a small to medium size conference or a short break for those travelling from the US
    • Princesa Garden View with King Bed

Not much to not like. Everything was organised with a smile.

Great breakfast in open air restaurant and great bars for night time drinks and outdoor tapas and BBQ. The pools and beach were easy to access.

Excellent value for money
    • Princesa Garden View with King Bed

Prices of non-included meals can be high, even though the food is delicious. Pool area was not pristine, but staff were checking it periodically.

Staff are very kind and friendly and the breakfast buffet is full of delicious food. We received an upgrade and loved our room.

Daniels Acapulco beach stay
    • Perla Junior Suite Ocean View

The waiters were rude - but that was one dude that did not like white people - it did not bother me - just dissapointed me - maybe because I was there with a mexican girl - thats his problem - all others were great - there is always one out there! We enjoyed the beautiful views and people - a beach massage for super cheap - right on the beach - and a couple of mohitos and I was in a great state of mind!

Our room was great - the food was great - we had a great time riding jet skis and 4 wheelers

Extra payments for everthing.
    • Piramide Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Extra payments for everthing. The View from the beach to the ocean is very bad. A Lot of people want to sell Something. Never again. And everyone is using loud music on the beach. No relaxing possible.

What do you get for a resort fee? Not a beach "palapa" (Tikki hut)
    • Piramide Ocean View with King Bed

Resort fees are a pet peeve of many travelers who wonder why should they pay a fee to access the facilities instead of having everything included in the room rate (What if I don't use all the facilities)? Enough has been written about that but it reaches a whole new level when the hotel charges $160 MXN (About $8 USD) per day as resort fee and then charges $175 MXN (About $9 USD) for a half day use of the beach palapas. What am I missing? Granted that they will credit the rental fee towards consumption of food and drink but, what if I don't to eat or drink? This feels and is abusive, never mind that the palapa rental fee is less than $10 dollars, the fact is that they double charge you a resort fee and then a rental fee if you want to sit under a palapa by the beach Now to the hotel, I had not been here in more than 15 years and was expecting some improvement after Fairmont sold the hotel to Mundo Imperial but the hotel still feels old and outdated (There were ants in the bathroom, one faucet was leaking, TV was not HD, no fridge, old furniture, etc) except for creative new pricing policies

Location is convenient if you go to Acapulco Diamante

The view is great.
    • Piramide Golf View with King Bed

No refrigirator in the room, while it is hot outside. Pools and beach are closed early. Personal in the ppols and beach does not speak English and a little bit angry.

The view is great. The sea is just in front of the hotel. Good breakfast and wifi. Wallmart is in 15 minutes walking.

It was a very nice experience to rest and enjoy comfortably the beach
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The Princesa building is not well maintained, the room has a balconee door to difficult to be moved and the building has damages not repared in all it exterior and balconees. The cost of palapas at the beach, those should be included in the hotel cost and not charged on top as the price is not so expensive but enought to include it.

I liked the food at Tavola and Bella Vista, like the beach and installations, like personnel attention, they are very kind and with high sense of customer service. All hotel common installations are good and fairly maintained, also liked the Bar.

Excellent!
    • Perla Ocean View

Maybe have a better Menu at the Evening Beach Bar - Only BBQ - Limited Choices. Check in and Check out a little bit slow - it is fine when Holiday but if congress...too slow

I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, got more then I...

Only thing I didn’t like was that the shades in the room didn’t stop much light in the morning so the room was very bright,

I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, got more then I expected. The hotel is HUGE! With many swimming pools and facilities. We stayed in the Perla building which seems to be recently renovated and rooms looks awesome. Out room was not ready on arrival so the staff upgraded us to the suite which was really good. Food is also excellent and fairly priced. Highly recommend it.

• Perla Ocean View

Even though it is a non smoking hotel, they don’t care and allow people to smoke near the pool, outdoor aisles and pool bar.. even with non smoking signals in does areas.

Facilities

Disappointing; did not live up to my expectations by far.
    • Piramide Golf View with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel was very run down compared to 12 years ago, the bathroom and towels were old and shabby, the pools were over crowded ann the bed sheets were DIRTY. Overall I was not impressed by the room’s cleanliness.

The staff were friendly and helpful

I’ve booked a room with ocean view and I didn’t get what...
    • Princesa Ocean View with King Bed

I’ve booked a room with ocean view and I didn’t get what I’ve payed for. When I went to Recepcion to clear the problem, they couldn’t help me because there were no available rooms. The hotel was fully booked! Attached fotos of my room view...

Great stay!
    • Princesa Garden View with King Bed

We had to change rooms, because the first one they gave us was not the one we payed on booking. The beach! The hotel palapas are not ocean view because there is several lines of cooperative palapas in front.

Great stay!!! The room was excellent, staff is very friendly, breakfast was delicious, prices are reasonable.

My stay in Acapulco was Good. I wasn't really impressed with tbe city.
    • Princesa Garden View with King Bed

The beaches. The condition of the room we were given when we arrived. I complained the next fay and we were upgraded to a suite whicj wad excellent. Didn't like the fact tbat there is an extra charge for the spa.

Food was excellent but a bit pricey. Tbe pools were excellent.

Over priced, but ok.
    • Princesa Ocean View with King Bed

Room, was definitely way out of date, and needs updated to even consider justifying the price.

Room was big, and there was a coffee machine. That Mae waking up a nice experience, watching the ocean.

Great sunny time!
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

The bed and pillows, and they were too little options to eat.

It was a very good weekend, all the attention was perfect and in a general way it was a good experience

Did not like the rooms very poor maintain. Building exterior old, beaches durty.

Beds are terrible, could no sleep. Room did not have a refrigerator and did not let you use a cooler or some kind of source to cool your water, need to pay extra. Building very old, poor maintenance.

Pools were nice and big...but not so clean only one which is on the Perla building.

Overall a good value option. Pools are nice and food is good. Beach access is not great.
    • Piramide Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Beach was too crowded, not sufficiently close to main property, and not able to relax there with children (to leave unattended for say 5 minutes). Did not use beach

Pools were nice. Not enough umbrellas but ok.

Overall it was good, but the price for meals is excessive
    • Piramide Ocean View with Two Double Beds (3 Adults + 1 Child)

The price at the restaurants is excessive. More tha $400 pesos for meal or $330 for breakfast is way to expensive. I had to go out and find restaurants that served better meals at half the price.

The pools are great. Very clean and having 3 pools is nice. Staff is friendly and overall the facilities are good

Nice. Pricey. Old.
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

Too pricey for what it offers. Similar resorts offer more for less. Some areas need a renewal because they look like part of an Austin Powell movie.

Very nice property. Nice swimming pools.

Big rooms, good breakfast, good tenis courts
    • Piramide Golf View with Two Double Beds

Very slow checkin, too many people, people have to wake up early to run to reserve a place by the swimming pool, sometimes stand on line to get a table for breakfast

Big rooms, good breakfast, good tenis courts

Good resort but needs improvement in rooms.
    • Piramide Junior Suite Golf View

Suite room in the pyramid tower was old. The bathroom and tub faucets were rusted. The bathroom was very small for a suite. The bed and furniture were old and worn. Rugs and floor were very dirty. We upgraded to a room in the Perla tower which had been remodeled and much better. Not worth the money to get a suite in the Pyramid tower.

Breakfast buffet was really good!

Great for people who want to just stay in the hotel and enjoy the beach and swimming pools.
    • Piramide Golf View with Two Double Beds

Rooms and bathrooms need remodel. Hotel is showing its age. Restaurants are not good (I checked them all out). I wish it was closer to some independent restaurants. Need a taxi to go just anywhere. Hotel service was good, but restaurant service didn’t match.

The beach and the hotel landscape is inviting.

Looking forward to a return trip next year!
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

We loved the Princess! Much of the staff was bilingual and friendly. Bed was comfortable and bathrooms were luxurious. Food and grounds superb! Pool was relaxing with great service. Bonus--beautiful peacocks roam the premises.

Beautiful, all-time classic hotel with great facilities and service. Average beach.
    • Perla Junior Suite Ocean View

Beach is not the most spectacular with grey sands and many public beach huts and food stalls. Beachfront restaurant should offer dinner.

Spacious, quiet, and comfortable oceanfront room with large balcony and 180º views of beach and pool area. Friendly and helpful staff. 5 beautiful pools in tropical setting with waterfalls. Restaurant right by the beach with good seafood. 2 great 18-hole golf courses. Gorgeous sunsets.

You have to be here once in your live
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The check in Was slow, maybe the day when we arrive was very complicated there was a lot of check out and check in at the same time

The place is beautiful and the hotel is clean... good place for vacations

The beach
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

Too many people. Staff not care for the clients. We wait in the reception long time and some of the people from reception do not speak English language. Hotels need refurbishment.

The beach

Splendid
    • Princesa Ocean View with King Bed

A dog was allowed in the Palapita. From a ver abusive client. A sign shoul be put to avoid this unsanitary situation.

Hotel has changed management ( formerly Fairmont). Changes are noticeable especially in the area of the palapas. Roberto, Hugo, Lupita, Janet were among those who made our stay pleasant. All should be commended.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel
    • Piramide Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The salon is expensive and staff is not very well train for hair updos. I was there for a wedding and ended up washing my hair again and do it myself after paying "Nancy" 800 pesos. I recommend checking outside the hotel, there are a few places close by and way more affordable with good results.

Nice pools with easy access to the beach and great food at the buffet.

So so
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Super expensive

It doesn’t make sanar if you rent a hotel and they want to charge you for the facilities, if you rent it you wan to go to have fun no to be paying an extra for what you already payed. Also they would have all inclusive

Everything at the hotel is good.
    • Perla Junior Suite Ocean View

The breakfast was not included for my daughter, although I specified it on my reservation. In fact The hotel was not informed of my daughter at all. The mattress was awful, it bounced a lot. The gym was supposed to be open at 6 and I had to wait until 7:10 for it to be open. Obviously the AC was not on when I started my workout.

Everything at the hotel is good. Except the gym.

Amazing family vacation! All was perfect!!!
    • Piramide Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Well, honestly there's nothing I didn't like. The place is incredible! I'm sure we are coming back next year.

The resort is amazing! The ocean view is just perfect! The room was very clean, big & very nice decoration. I got an upgrade to Perla Tower. It was just the perfect vacation with my parents and my 2 year old boy. The resort has like 4 swimming pool with cascade & bar! Several restaurants, the breakfast buffet next to the swimming pool and ocean view was delicious! The staff is so friendly!

Even though there were inconveniences, i would definitely stay here again.
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

We had a problem when we checked in, lost an hour and a half trying to fix the problem. Once the problem was fixed, we got to our room which I had requested for a garden view, and It was the most awful view, I saw the ceiling to another building and no garden at all. I called and complained and they accommodated us to a Mini Suite with a wonderful view. I also didn't like that there was vendors in the beach where the gazebos were at.

The service and friendliness of the staff was great. The beach was very clean and safe. I liked that there was a lot of security, we felt safe. We were able to enjoy the other resorts for the price of one.

We lost our babies life jacket;
    • Piramide Ocean View with Two Double Beds

We lost our babies life jacket; the next morning the front desk had it behind the counter. So to whomever turned in the life jacket to lost and found; KUDOS to you!! thank you very much

Open, airy and clean!
    • Piramide Golf View with Two Double Beds

No internet in the rooms on a certain side of the property. Had to go to Libby to access wifi.

The rooms are spacious. The place is lovely really with great viewers. The breakfast was good though not included in room package.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Excellent getaway weekend, with nice beach and golf
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

The hotel have their beach kiosks, which was great. Unfortunately some guests think is a good idea to take their portable speakers on the beach, so you have to enjoy their music too. But in general the beach is good - the water is clean and warm.

The room was very spacious. A bit outdated, but very comfortable. The shower was excellent, hot and with good pressure. The beach is also very nice and warm. The best for me was the golf course - which was very nice and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Not actually pet friendly
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

Hotel claims to be pet friendly but the extra charge for bringing a pet is really exaggerated and the pet is not actually allowed anywhere in the hotel, neither to be left in the room.

Close to the beach, nice facilities.

Never again.
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

Too many peolple selling in the beach area all the time. The sand is full of garbage. Bad relationship price-quality, everything is expensive and really doesn't worth it.

Pools are OK.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great place for kids, get the breakfast included option.
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

The restaurants on property have very limited operation hours specially if you want a late dinner. There is only one that stays open until 11pm. The food is very expensive and could be of better quality.

The location of the hotel is excellent. The pools are clean. Breakfast menu has a lot of options. The rooms are clean and comfy and have good A/C.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Overall, good stay.
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was not the cleanest... there was some hair in the sink and mold on the shower curtain. The dinning experience was sub par. Breakfast was great, but all the rest of the meals I had were very underwhelming and very overpriced. The service in the restaurants was extremely disorganized. In one case we waited almost an hour for a bottle of wine, and in another we waited over an hour for the bill, and it came back wrong, twice. If the food and restaurant situation could be addressed, this property would be much better.

The property was well maintained - the pools were clean, staffing was sufficient, overall aesthetically pleasing. I enjoyed the live music at the different venues, including the lobby bar and brunch buffet.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Perhaps the best place to stay in Acapulco.
    • Perla Ocean View

Internet reception was poor in the room.

Hotel grounds were a complete resort, with 5 swimming pools, beach, golf course and, above all, a very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Lost potential
    • Perla Golf View

Could be a great hotel but staff attitude is not pleasant. You have to pay to have access to the gym, which have no clock. Facilities should be much cleaner as well as the beach.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I came to Princess to get healthy and relax. I did!!! And got a fantastic tan!!! (Canadian!)
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The floor matts in the rooms need to be washed. New palapa lounge chairs are too hard:(

I love the beach and palapas! It feels very safe. Beach bar service is very good. The pools are beautiful! Clean! Close to the airport and fine shopping. Fantastic Margueritas!!!!

Great stay!
    • Perla Ocean View

I can't really think of anything I didn't like. I can't say that Mexico is my favorite beach destination but I did enjoy my stay at the Princess Mundo Imperial. I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel.

I really liked everything about the resort. Rooms, staff, even the buffet breakfast which in my experience can be mediocre in such large hotels but this one was quite exceptional with multitudes of choices and varieties. The staff, specifically the manager Rochelio, gave me very personal attention, my room in the La Perla tower was clean, updated and well appointed. There was a huge problem with my brother's reservation which was handled quite well with Maricella at the front desk. Word of warning: Be very careful booking through trivago. They use third party agents to book rooms for them. A vendor they used went out of business but kept customers money for hotel accommodations, unbeknownst to my brother and his wife, and there reservation was cancelled even though they had paid 6 months in advance of the trip. They paid for two rooms, one for them and one for the in-laws. They did have to pay again and will have to fight to get their money back but the staff did charge them the same price they had booked it for even though the rates had gone up due to it being the holiday. It would have been even nicer had the hotel done a bit more than that since ultimately it is the Princess Mundo Hotel Corporation that contracts with third parties to sell their hotel rooms. Trivago has no live customer service agents to speak with if you have a problem upon arrival! They can sell accommodations cheaper because they have little to no staff to pay! Cheaper is not always better in that case. I was given an upgraded room when I asked for a different view and then a junior suite when I was asked to move rooms due to a maintenance issue. The beach was a straight shot from the pools with plenty of space and places to get out of the sun. The hotel's beach cabanas, which were thatched permanent structures, were not as close to the water as were the multiple rows of erected easy-ups that were directly in front of the water.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Not so friendly reception.
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

You are not allowed to bring alcohol or snacks to your room. But u have a fridge in your room! U cannot bring a cooler or any beverages to the pool. Family cannot visit you in your room. We had family visiting for a wedding and they were not allowed in our rooms. Very annoying as I traveled with my elderly mother. The workers guard the elevators They will inspect your walmart bag befire you go to your room. Felt like I was held prisoner

The rooms and maids were friendly and great! So were the people at the buffet

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Watch out for over-cost in your bills
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Amenities are charged extra. You pay for Palapas, for gym. Rather than excluding them they should raise the cost of room. It is annoying, to say the least, to find out that standard services of a beach hotel are not included,

Breakfast buffet excellent

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Not worth the money!
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Very old, AC was not cooling at midday, waiting time for elevator and breakfast were extremely long. Why you should pay for a seat at the beach? If it is part of the Hotel!!

The Breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Good family hotel - great rooms, shame about the beach
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Beach in front of the hotel was quite dirty. Lots of garbage around - not what you'd expect from a hotel. Breakfast was more like mass food production - filling but tasteless

Room was spacious and lovely. Food in Italian restaurant was decent.

Location is great, the pool and the beach club are amazing.
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

Room and pillows smelled like humidity,the hotel is in dire need for renovation. service and attention wasn't what I was expecting for the price. Tiny TV.

Location is great, the pool and the beach club are amazing.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Poor quality of room for price
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

I had paid much more for my stay than my colleagues but was given a much lower quality room in the hotel annex

Beside the beach

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Facilities

You can spend good time in a place like this.
    • Piramide Golf View with King Bed

You can spend good time in a place like this. That is all what I needed to get relax

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

La playa

I will back

Excellent food. Great trate. Excellent cleaning

Everithing

No all-inclusive option. It would be great

Everithing

A fantastic resort.

A fantastic resort. Want to be back there.

Good stay. Nice view. Definetly not great
    • Perla Ocean View with King Bed

Not an All Inclusive option amd the beach is not private. They charge you for absolutly everything here.

The pools are awesome

Bad experience

Bad experience

everything

everything

location and the beach
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

needs updating as infra is getting old

location and the beach

Nice Weather

The ambient

The weather

Great experience

Great experience

My stay was AMAZING 😉
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Weren’t able to get water.

The beds were a bit hard but otherwise everything else was great!😍😍

Excelente

All

The hotel is in perfect conditions, staff is extremely nice...

The people

The hotel is in perfect conditions, staff is extremely nice and the food is great

the pools were beautiful
    • Piramide Golf View with Two Double Beds

they overcharged memail an extra night and I am still waiting for the refund.

the pools were beautiful

excellent
    • Princesa Garden View with Two Double Beds

No juices on display at breakfast

Staff were excellent

Too old, needs renovation on rooms

Too old, needs renovation on rooms

Very clean, well run hotel.
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Very clean, well run hotel. Staff are extremely nice and hard working. I have nothing bad to say.

Not happy about the check in, I paid for 3 rooms and only one was ready!
    • Piramide Golf View with Two Double Beds

We did not get in our room until 6.15pm as it was not ready, this really ruined our first day and we sat around for 5 hrs !! You

Good location.
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Old facilities a bit run down. A/C very noisy. Breakfast area very crowded.

Good location.

We had a room in the pirámide and it was really noise at...
    • Princesa Ocean View with Two Double Beds

We had a room in the pirámide and it was really noise at night. Really hard to Gad a good night sleep with little children.

Good location, friendly staff!
    • Piramide Ocean View with King Bed

Good location, friendly staff!

Browse Princess Mundo Imperial Riviera Diamante Acapulco traveller photo gallery