Reviews of Privilege Aluxes - Adults Oriented 5 stars

Avenida Adolfo Lopez Mateos SM001 MZA001 Lote 005, 77400 Isla Mujeres, Mexico

#13 of 46 hotels in Isla Mujeres

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Most of the staff was very friendly.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

I'm still not sure what "adults oriented" means. The first few days we only saw one family with one young (and behaved/quiet) child. But the second half there were more families with loud kids jumping and throwing things into the pool. Also, at some point there was a group drinking at the pool bar for several hours being very loud. In both of these cases, we were shocked that no one from the staff said anything to maintain the relaxing environment people come to Isla Mujeres for.

Most of the staff was very friendly. For being all inclusive, the food in general was very good (more so at the restaurants than the buffet) and the drinks strong and delicious (depending on the bartender). We loved being able to sit at the pool, jacuzzis or beach and have waiters bring us fresh drinks whenever we wanted. The beach was clean (important being that at the time many of the others were full of seaweed). We got a massage there and it was a fantastic experience with the spa. And the gym is small, but good with modern equipment to get in a quick workout. In general we were super pleased with our choice.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

great
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

noisy pool-side entertainment during the evening (although we couldn't hear anything once inside our room with the windows shut). a-la-carte breakfast is so so.

great hotel right on the northern beach and close to everything. very friendly staff. huge superior rooms (more like a suite with a huge spa bath on the balcony). great beach with facilities only for the hotel guests.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Nice but ...
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

This hotel is overrated. We choose all inclusive package and we’d to sign a 0$ bill after every order that we’ve made, it turn out to be pretty annoying. Very small gym. We’ve been told that we’ve got upgraded room but it turn out that we’ve got a room with partial ocean view and the second part of the view was a elementary school that woke us up early every .morning

Very nice beach. Staff is kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location, beach
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

The staff weren’t nice, the place was in construction and they didn’t told us before we came, so all the time of iur vacation we didn’t have poll and dust everywhere

Location, beach

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Delightful experience, will definitely be staying on our next trip.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

The staff was so friendly and pleasant; they made us smile with every interaction. Every single staff member was happy and cheerful. The beach club was on the loveliest section of Playa Norte.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Nice stay! Come here for the Caribbean sea
    • Deluxe Suite

We booked all-inclusive and paid quite an amount for this, but the restaurants were awful. The cocktails were average as well. As other people booked all-inclusive deals as well, there were quite a lot of drunken people around 4pm. The property felt a bit old and not modernized.

The hotel is situated right at Playa Norte beach with baby blue water of the Caribbean sea. Very good location, just right at the beach! Buffet breakfast was very delicious. The staff was very friendly and nice. the rooms are clean and very spacious

great honeymoon :)
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

mini bar- we were for 2 weeks and even if they re-stock it every day, they left alkohol only once. room service during the night- needed to get to reception by myself and order food since nobody was picking the phone

great staff. Waiters like Ricardo or Diana are just amazing and make your every meal even more special. Satay restaurant is a must visit during the stay. room was amazing with jaccuzi on the balcony

The hotel is clean, and the pool is nice.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

The rooms are outdated, old and small. The bed is very uncomfortable. The staff is nice but had a hard time helping us with changes with food.

The hotel is clean, and the pool is nice.

Great location near the best shopping and galleries.
    • Deluxe Suite

Only thing that I wish we had was softer sheets :-)

Great location near the best shopping and galleries. If you like artistic things you will love Hidalgo street. Great restaurants near by and just walk out the door to the ocean. Massages on the beach for 30.00 is enough to bring me back again! Excellent trip. Hotel staff is very accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Perfect
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

I didn't like going home

Everything was perfect! All inclusive means all inclusive, mini bar and room service included, staff were all impeccable - friendly and attentive, Sergio and Samuel at the pool bar are legends!

PRIVILEGE ALUXES, ISLA MUJERES
    • Standard Room

When I arrived there was one women, Cecelia, sitting and working? at a desk. She only acknowledge me when I asked if any one could help me. She said someone would be with me soon. The friendly Bellman came over and gave me a glass of champagne. Five minutes or more past. Several people came up to the counter. Cecelia proceeded to exchange money and help them. I'm still waiting. Eventually, a very friendly gentleman checked me in. Also, on my first day at the beach, I was laying under a Palapa type sun cover - weight probably around 150 - 200 lbs. There was a gust of wind and the top half broke off and grazed my arm. Luckily, I had just moved away from where it could of been major injuries. The Manager of Food and Beverage, and Head of Security plus other Staff came to help me up, calm me down and fill out an amazing incident report. I mentioned that all the the structured need to be checked before someone got badly hurt. I was surprised that the Hotel Manager or Assistant did not reach out to me. I was there eleven nights and this happened the day after I arrived.

The Fine Dining Restaurant was exceptional! The grounds were nicely mantained.

Amazing location, breakfast was really good, the beach is...
    • Standard Room

Some staff has lack in communication and do not try to have a good contact with guests

Amazing location, breakfast was really good, the beach is incredible!

The staff was very kindly and welcoming!
    • Standard Room

We had ants in the room which came from the outlet plugs

The staff was very kindly and welcoming! The room was very big, clean and comfortable. Very nice pool with bar. Great varied breakfast. Very close to beaches, travel agencies and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Best hotel in Isla Mujeres.
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

You should not even try the other restaurant (Sabor), since beach one is much better (both food and location of course)

Best hotel in Isla Mujeres.. Very well managed with strong attention to customers (not common in other Mexican structures) Beach restaurant amazing Beach top location best area of Isla Mujeres Room with Jacuzzi super top in comfort Pool and pool bar perfect to relax

The worst stuff! I’m very disappointed. Cecilia from front desk very rude.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

My bf proposed me 2 weeks ago to marry him . We was so excited and wanted to celebrate it. after few nights in aluxes we change room type. we gave our bags to the bell boy until we get the new room( for just 3 hours). When we got the new room and the bages back the engagement ring and the box was missing. Instead of helping us cecilia and the security guy came to our room, look into all of our stuff for 2 hours!! They open all of my creams and makeup and look inside pillows etc. They gave us a really bad feeling treat us like we r the thiefs. of course, they didn't find anything. Than they promise we will get a free night or refund (I have it on record) and when I involved the police (because I need all the reports for my insurance) they told me that because I go to the police they will not help us with anything, not refund not anything! They didn't want to give us their full names, the manager name, even when we ask like 40 times. The worst experience I ever had.

First time at all inclusive, good experience.
    • Deluxe Suite

Would have been great to have an option for a room with 2 beds. Pool only open until 8pm. Not great for families since they only allow 3 people in a room, no connecting rooms.

Staff was very accommodating. Location was great. Rooms were gigantic.

Wonderful stay , total luxury to end our Holiday.
    • Standard Room

All inclusive finishes at 10.30pm when all of the onsite bars close , we were not informed this at check In when we purchased the all inclusive upgrade.

Excellent Location , stunning resort. Extremely comfortable and clean rooms and all of the outdoor amenities was great. 3 restaurants on Site and 2 large swimming pools. The resort was very luxurious and staff mostly very helpful.

EXCELLENT!!!
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

1. The hotel should be invest in a power generator for the rooms, since the power goes out from aprox 2pm thru 3am, and no air conditioner was in the room. The other day again the power goes out but this time for a short period time. 2. The fridge in the room was not as cold as you expected. 3. The bed is super soft and wasn't very comfortable for us.

The hotel and its facilities are excellent. All the personnel are very friendly and cooperative. We liked the food and its variety. The Cuban singers show during the Tuesday night was excellent. The beach area with its "camastros" and beach chairs was superb!!! We rented a golf cart to view the island but there are many red cap that charge a couple of $$usd to get anywhere in the island.

Over all the stay was awesome! Very relaxing, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

We came two years ago and it was awesome. This trip however the food was not as good as last time but still good. The staff were not as attentive, very nice but had to flag them done to get anything. The pool area last time we never had to hunt or flag someone down to get a drink. It seemed as if you wanted a drink you had to be close to the pool bar or in the middle pool area. The pool area needs another pool bar.

I love that you have different places to choose from to eat. The shopping is close to where you can walk if you choose to or you can rent a golf cart. The beach area is great, they have really positively changed the beach area for day time food and fun to the night life food and music. I loved that the house cleaning staff were wonderful, they always leave a surprise for you.

Would not book again
    • Standard Room

Too expensive for what it was. Standard rooms are facing the street and are not well isolated which makes them very noisy. Beds were too soft. Room wasn't very clean (e.g. there was an empty beer can under the bed). Food was mediocre at best (we had breakfast at Sabor and the Beach Club & dinner at Satay).

Good facilities, nice pool area. Beautiful beach. Beach & pool beds are a big plus. The staff was always friendly.

The hotel was clean, bed very comfortable.
    • Standard Room

The hotel was clean, bed very comfortable. We stayed in there for 6 nights in two goes as we didn’t like in playa del Carmen and tulum ( beach was terrible) Privilege Aluxes in Isla Mujeres, the best choice for your holiday. A bit pricy rooms, but I guess you pay for what you get. Excellent location, with a less than a minute walk to the one of the most beautiful beaches ( no sea weed at all!!!) ,staff very friendly, food good, have a little bar in a pool area, also beach club witch was great and we spent there mostly of time. We are not all inclusive people, we like to explore, but being in this hotel you don’t need anything else, you have everything what you need in one place. Definitely will stay there for our next visit

great posh beach stay, great food, friendly staff
    • Standard Room

nothing, no complaints at all.

This is a nice resort style place, with an excellent "beach club". It's not on the main North Beach, but around the corner, but the beach is still great. Service in all aspects was great, staff very friendly, appeared happy to be working there. Everyone i ran across was bilingual. I did the all-inclusive and it was a fantastic deal at 44 bucks a day or something like that. Excellent food, I got a big hunk of delicious tuna on guacamole every day for lunch. You can have dinner out by the water or inside in the buffet, and either option was excellent. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

We stayed here on our honeymoon in the honeymoon suite and...
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

We stayed here on our honeymoon in the honeymoon suite and had a great time. The hotel is very clean, facilities great and all staff were friendly and courteous towards us. Right by the beach this is a lovely location to relax and unwind.

Amazing location, great beach and awesome sea in Isla Mujeres
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Roma was pretty small The bed was not very comfortable - considering the cost of the room I would have expect wonderful bed.

Location is simply perfect with great beach and wonderful sea. Nice swimming pool with a bar serving very good cocktail, beach club with a very friendly staff and reasonable prices for drinks and food, spectacular buffet breakfast, superb Thai restaurant where I had one of the best red tuna sashimi I ever tried. For one day we tried all inclusive option (42$ per day per person) and it was absolutely worthy.

Terrific!
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Great place for the cost. Our room was fabulous, the food was good and the staff was terrific. Great location for everything. I would stay there again!

Thoroughly recommended this hotel
    • Standard Room

Pool bar cocktails weren't to my standards.

This property is truly excellent. The location, staff , facilities. It was up market, really well kept and has the best beach and bar/ restaurant area.

I would definitely go back there! Very recommended, close to the center and the most beautiful beach
    • Deluxe Suite

The service was not excellent - there was one person in charge of maintenance and to turn on the air conditioner in the gym it took him more than an hour to arrive, which is the time I was in the gym only with a fan. I do not know when he finally arrived. If you have not chosen all included on the beach will be less interested in you. Breakfast is okay no more than that.

We received a huge and well-equipped room, the room was clean, the hotel's beach was amazing and the hotel's restaurant is on the beach. Very enjoyed and highly recommend!

Very nice beach, pool, location.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Efficiency of staff, attitude towards guests given a "premium" hotel, quality of drinks (especially if you are a non all inclusive guest).

Very nice beach, pool, location.

We should be reimbursed for the mishaps that happened on our trip because of the hotel.
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

We stayed Sat to tues- on Sun and Mon the pool bar ran out of majority of alcohol juices and sodas. We paid for all inclusive but - they ran out of flavored runs, vodka, grapefruit juice , orange juice, and coke. They opened at 10am and at 1005 am they ran out. Did I mention no one else was there yet but us and we didn’t even have a drink yet? The truth was they had two weddings there so they took all the hotel licquor for the wedding setup. We should have been reimbursed our All inclusive fees for those two days. The hotel was having a lot of problems when we checked- one building had no gas or water, so scrambling to place people. They were also fumegating and painting but they were fully booked so they should have waited because they hunted us down on the beach at 1115am to tell my cousins they had to be out of their room by Noon and wouldn’t be allowed in a new room until 3 when someone else check out because they needed to paint - My cousins checked in on a Thurs and we’re leaving on Tues - this happened on Mon- we had to miss our beach day and snorkel excursion to help my cousins scramble to their room and pack their belongings . To which the desk never apologized. The balconies have no privacy. Other resort and guests can see you getting into your hot tub. I didn’t even want to kiss my husband on the balcony because everyone was staring. There should be a blind or curtain. The food was meiocore at best. The snack bar at Pool was good, but the rest of the food was not worth the price. This trip was not worth the money . The value of Pesos changes from Place to place and person to person. Some only give you 14 pesos a dollar and others give 19. Nothing is cheap there. A lot of the stores don’t want to bargain so be prepared. Three stores asked us to pay $50 USD for a blanket, or a shirt, we countered and offered $25, we were asked to leave.

The facility was beautiful and always clean. Rodrigo and Matu from pool bar were awesome. Omar and from Beach club restaurant and Jamie front desk were always very helpful. The actual Massages were very good prices and my husband and I enjoyed a couples massage. The island was safe. We rented golf carts and drove around . The hotel is close in walking to many little souvenriour shops.

I highly recommend staying at Privilege Aluxes; all in all, a very good experience.
    • Deluxe Suite

Bed pillows were too thick; gave me neck aches. Drinks were pretty weak, especially considering we didn't do "All Inclusive", so were paying for each drink.

The buffet breakfast was very good. The staff was very professional, efficient and friendly. Rooms are large with very nice bath facilities. As long as we went to pool at a decent time, we easily found four chairs together, which has been nearly impossible at other resorts, as people tend to "save" them by 5:00 a.m.!

Very comfortable hotel on Best part of Playa Norte.

All good.

Classy hotel right on a gorgeous beach yet 5 mins stroll to town. Big pool, plenty of sunbeds. We fortunate to be upgraded since our first room was small with no balcony.

A bit expensive, but overall perfect
    • Standard Room

A bit to expensive for the not all excluded packag

Great room, nice staff, wonderful breakfast. The pool is great, the bed is comfortable, close to everything. Great hotel

I will be BACK!!
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

The safe would not open. Took two days to get safe open. ATM machine stole $60 from my account.

Food was so good. Beach clean & private. Staff friendly.

Great vacation, the facilities superb
    • Standard Room

Beach a bit noisy from Harbor traffic, some staff not bilingual.

Staff increadable, friendly, great beach. Fresh fish. Buffett above average. Room service super.

Only saving point is the location and beach club. Rooms left a lot to be desired .
    • Deluxe Suite

Rooms were minimalist at best. Lighting poor. One available outlet in bedroom. Shower adjacent to bathtub had no enclosure which flooded bathroom floor. Had to stand in tub to take shower even the the shower head was adjacent to the tub. Kitchen had a stove top but there were no utensils or pots to use the stove top. No glasses or plates either - why have a stovetop?

Location and grounds were great

The place facility is great, the maintenance and stuff - not so much
    • Standard Room

The air conditioner stop working for a full day due to maintenance. It was the middle of the summer, extremely hot and we could not be in our room. We started walking around the island instead of sleeping like we planned to. And the best part is that the hotel manager don't think that these kind of things is problematic- no compensation at all even after we had a talk with him. In addition to that, the elevator stopped working for couple of times ( level 4 starways).

The management were most accomodating as our booking thru...

The management were most accomodating as our booking thru Bookings.com was never received by the hotel The hotel is beautiful the food great, we had an all inclusive stay and the alcohol/drinks flow freely with excellent service throughout the hotel

Worst trip of my life
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

The staff was unhelpful, nonunderstanding, and unaccomidable. I got sexually assaulted at night by a nonmember and was told since he didn't have a bracelet there was nothing to be done.

great time
    • Deluxe Suite

pool chairs were very uncomfortable with a metal bar running down the middle and not enough padding on the chair to help. Dinner buffet could have had more "Mexican" options . The all inclusive was a pain after each meal or drink you needed to sign a bill. If you have a bracelet (blue) they should not have you sign. So much time lost to waiting for the bill to sign

friendly staff, good drinks (top shelf liquor). Beach club lunch was the best! Buffet was smaller than we are used to but was good. Room service was excellent. Never had to worry about a pool chair (although VERY uncomfortable chairs). The pool was quite cold but refreshing once in. Our 1st room had multiple things broken so we requested a change and were accommodated to building 5 and it was MUCH better. Rent golf carts off the property and save 20.00

Hands down best place to stay!!!!!
    • Deluxe Suite

One night they had a buffet at the beach club and there wasn't enough room for all the people and there was no one to let you know you needed to wait to be seated. We went through the line and filled out plates however had no were to seat. Would have been nice to have someone at the front to give some directive.

This is without a doubt the best place on the entire Island to stay. It is perfectly located close to everything; beach, restaurants, entertainment and shopping. We checked out other places however none seemed to have everything. The front desk and wait staff were so awesome and always had a smile. I am definitely going back next year, no doubt.

Very enjoyable.
    • Standard Room

The pillows are horrible. The bed is just okay. Sleeping well is very important to me. I woke with headache due to poor pillow and had to get up because my back hurt due to just okay bed.

The facility, staff are excellent! The breakfast was nice to have on site and included. The beach area is fabulous!

The bad bed dominated our experience.
    • Standard Room

The bed was terrible. The room lacked important things like a mirror outside of the bathroom. Aesthetically, it was not good. A very "cold" environment.

good service and a quiet room. Pretty grounds

Simply overpriced
    • Deluxe Suite

Overall not worth $500/night. Room was nice, Food Fair, Beverage Poor w/very light drinks, limited selection and shortage of ice, Must call Room Service for Ice and be present or they will not restock the fridge, Service and Location Fair-Unlikley to return.

Very nice hotel with good staff
    • Standard Room

Hotel food is average, I would suggest getting food at the local restaurants that are in 2 minute walking distance. Some rooms are close to locations like the school which can be noisy at times.

Beautiful hotel with great location

• Deluxe Suite

The balconies could use a little more furniture. Two plastic chairs and a low coffee table doesn't cut it.

It all starts with the staff and they were excellent. Friendly, professional and attentive. the location is the best on the island. The beach is wonderful. The room (single Deluxe) was spacious and well appointed. The King size bed a dream.

Great staff makes this place a winner.
    • Standard Room

Rooms should be ready before 3:00, and if not possible, more accommodation for people wanting to change and/or leave luggage. In three trips to this property, we always end up waiting for the room until 3:00, which is a little annoying after having to take a taxi, then the ferry, then another taxi to the property.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Mostly good but lock up your valuables even if only leaving the room for a short time.
    • Deluxe Suite

My girlfriend’s business credit card was stolen from our room on our first morning while we were downstairs eating breakfast. They racked up $1,500 on wireless cards, shoes, groceries and booze before she realized it was gone. And the all inclusive food was mediocre at best.

The property was clean, beautiful views, nice beach and pool. Most of the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Convenient location to Hidalgo Street for bars and restaurants.

Nice hotel. Very bad staff.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

The staff at the reception was awful. Very grumpy and not helpful. Very unprofessional. Took about an hour to check in.

Great amenities Very clean Decent breakfast

Short stay in Isla Mujeres
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Staff weren’t friendly or accommodating. The room layout wasn’t great. The room was very noisy. We could hear noise from the street and also right outside our door. The room was not soundproof at all so difficult to get a relaxing night’s sleep as we were awoken by the constant noise.

We had a great stay and recommend the all inclusive if you enjoy cocktails.
    • Deluxe Suite

The only issue I had was I suppose because it is slow season they seemed to be doing a lot of maintenance on the property. I know it needs to be done and it is appreciated, but using powersander on the wooden beach bed in prime sunbathing time made it impossible to talk to the person next to you. Seems they could have tried to do this in early am at least.

I loved the service on the beach. The room was excellent, very spacious and had everything we needed. Loved the minibar and the bathrobes. The loungers under the palapa umbrellas were a great spot to hangout and have cocktails and snacks; then hop in the water to cool off. Highly recommend.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Suite

I asked several times for snacks in my snack bar in my room. They were never replenished. Front desk was rude to us when we asked for an upgrade, and yelled at my friend. Then on the third day of our trip, the staff was on strike!! We paid for an all inclusive but everything was closed. Our bars and pool bars and pool food, all closed. No servers or waiters to bring us drinks of water or alcohol. Nothing set up until after 2! We paid for that day and did not get our value due to the strike, and were offered no compensation. Lastly, we tried to eat on the beach restaurant ; we were in nice cover ups , long and upscale. We were told no, there is a dress code. We went and got dressed and returned to see six young girls in bathing suits and cover ups! Not too happy with all this given what I paid.

Great cappuccinos. Nice rooms and clean property.

We were very underwhelmed and unappreciated .
    • Standard Room

The staff had a bit of an attitude. The food was ok, but they made you order appetizers through dessert at the same time or not at all. Also the worst part was that on Wednesday, our last full day the staff did not show up for work…. Image an all inclusive with no staff, no bars open, no service at beach, no room service. It was so bad it was almost funny. We were on the beach for 4-5 hours and could not even get a glass of water. The staff, about 100 were lined up in front of the hotel the whole morning. They did resolve the dispute after about 6 hours of no service, but the resort never acknowledged the trouble, did not apologize, or try to offer any sort of reimbursement at all. So we paid for all inclusive servicing foe 1/2 =3/4 day we had not service, food, etc…totally unacceptable and will not return.

The property was clean The staff at the front desk were not very accommodating or friendly. Our first impression was a negative one. We wanted to get our rooms close together and they were not not very helpful. the property was not very full but they would not give us 2 rooms close by without uncharging us over $300.00.

nice location but stuff isn't nice. good if you want all inclusive in the center of the Island
    • Deluxe Suite

most of the staff were not kind, which we found odd since Mexicans in general are very pleasant people in their nature, as we learned for the whole trip. we felt like each time we asked for something (room service for example) it was a hassle. also, when we wanted to stay more days, it was a very complicated process (it is only via booking & took more than 1 hour that we waited for the info to apply). another issue is then ordering in the restaurants, it was very slow. we waited 40-50 minutes. by the way, the hotel is near a cemetery but we didn't mind.

the food in the SATAY restaurant is AMAZING, maybe the best we've had. the cocktails near the pool are great. we booked a suite and it was HUGE and comfortable and very clean. great location as well - 500 meters from the Ferry & near the center of Isla.

Overrated
    • Standard Room

Mold old and smelly standard room - in building 5. Room number 541. Ants on the bed and in the room. Instead of one bed it's two beds combined together. Pillows are the worst. The staff are always rush you to sign your bill and leave. I would not stay here again

Nice pool Nice and private beach Breakfast is good Wifi is good

The breakfast was good.
    • Standard Room

The staff isn’t senchronised together. In the restaurant each waitress came to ask the same question. The reception staff were rude and we didnt like the way they talk.

The breakfast was good. The location is perfect.

overall a good stay, but don't go with a big group
    • Standard Room

The range of prices during the same period was dramatically different for the same group. It was low season, traveling with 10-12 people and none of the restaurants could accommodate the group for any dinners. They had a strict 6 person max policy which made no sense whatsoever especially considering we had reservations for 9 months, so they knew this big group was coming together with much advance time as possible. Most managers who dealt with us were unfriendly about accommodating us. When I had a room problem, although I appreciate the staff being empowered enough to try to help, they couldn't and the next level up didn't do a good job with low customer service levels. I would never suggest a group over 6 to go there.

The hotel was very clean and a good compact size during this slow period. The food tasted really good. The pool staff servers were so nice and friendly as were the beach staff (Alex at the beach and Samuel at the pool went above and beyond).

We went for our honeymoon, the girl in the front desk asked...
    • Standard Room

We went for our honeymoon, the girl in the front desk asked if we are celebrating something and upgraded us to a junior suite (: Thank you for amazing stay

Nice, costly and not clean
    • Standard Room

The room had sand on the floors and hairs in the bathroom. Although we asked to change sheets every day, they didn't. The towels/towel cards cost money if you don't return 'em. The tv was small. We got more for our money in another all inclusive hotel near by. The way there and back again cost a lot.

The staff was nice

Fabulous Privilege Aluxes
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

If I had to come up with something I didn't like: No microwave in room - but that is definitely not that big of a deal! Allow your guest to have a least two (2) towels per person again, not that big of a deal

Privilege Aluxes Adult Oriented is definitely a 5 star hotel. The rooms and surrounding grounds were clean and well kept. The beach was clean and the bathrooms on the beach were the best I've ever seen. They were just as nice as in the rooms. They also have a nice full walk in shower to rinse before going back to the hotel. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, which was very large, nice size balcony with a Jacuzzi. Staff were very nice, service at the beach was wonderful. The food was good although nothing to write home about. The beach bar had the best breakfast. There were three (3) weddings held there during our stay. I have already recommended this hotel and I would definitely return. .

I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone!
    • Standard Room

I cannot think of a single thing that could have been done to make our stay more enjoyable!

The service could not have been better! We were up-graded from a room with no deck facing the cemetery (which I would not have minded - it's a beautiful and very interesting place well worth a walk-through!) to a room with a small deck and a beautiful view facing the ocean. Room service was immediate. Housekeeping was outstanding, staff was largely fluently bilingual, the pools were clean and the grounds were immaculate. The desk staff could not have been kinder nor more helpful. There were polite and unobtrusive guards at all the entrances, but they were simply watching for "bracelets" to keep non-residents out. Safety was complete but never overbearing. My only complaint was that they shrank all my pants! Perhaps that had something to do with the excellent, fresh food! While there were a very few children, they were well behaved and unobtrusive. There was a good mix of older adults and younger couples, but there were no loud parties, and the entire grounds were quiet at night - there was never any noise to disturb sleeping at night (or napping during the day!) At one point we had some very heavy rain during the night, and I woke to an amount of water on the floor. I went to the desk to ask for some towels and within minutes they were delivered to the room. This was at 4AM! As I said, the service was wonderful!

I am not sure I could recommend this hotel
    • Standard Room

The first room we were given was on the second floor of building no 5. In between the noise from the air-co engines downstairs and the street noise the vacation mood can dissapear quite fast. I asked to be moved and it happened the next day. The next room was in another building with less noise from the air-co and on the 3rd floor so better isolation from the street too. The resort pretends its adult oriented but in the last couple of nights we had as neighbours a group of college (maybe teenage) kids who banged on their doors and ours every night, partied until late and broke all the glass they could find in their rooms. Bonus, each morning around 8-9am the cleaning personnel was noisy and was checking to see if we left the room so they could clean. At the gym there were 5 machines from which 2 were not working. All in all the comfort was not great mainly lots of noise. Ah, I forgot to mention the beach. The sandy part it is clean but the sea part is only a few meters wide after which you get in the boats traffic and you're on your own. That was a pretty sad surprise.

I liked the fact that you could choose to have breakfast on the beach or a buffet in the restaurant. Very good food at the beach club. I liked the bed, was really confy. The location is also very good, walking distance from the ferry terminal evrn with suitcases and the staff very friendly. The swimming pool is clean and also the beach. You can rent a golf cart to go around the island which we did and it was very practical and fun. Almost each evening there is a band singing at the beach restaurant.

Luxury at Little cost
    • Deluxe Suite

Nothing; everything was perfect!

The staff was unbelievably nice and knowledgeable. The location was absolutely stunning. And the food and drinks were amazing!

The one bedroom superior room is very large and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Suite

No English TV stations. No room slippers. No lounge chair on balcony. Average food.

The one bedroom superior room is very large and comfortable. The pool, pool bar and beach are great!

The beach is the only good thing
    • Deluxe Suite

-beds are terrible, old and not comfortable -wifi is not working at the rooms smoothly - the hotel team is unfriendly - rooms are a bit old and not fun to stay in - all suites has cemetery view from the badroom.. - food is average minus, warble but not tasty

The location only- on playa Norte, the best beach in the area with a super clear water and sand- amazing!

Overall great hotel, mediocre food with an excellent beach!
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Our room was next to a school and the kids were loud in the mornings. Our room was also off the busy road which was loud all night. I would recommend having ear plugs. The buffet food was okay. The room service food was not very good. The beach club food seemed to be the best.

Conveniently room service was available any time. The beach service was excellent and the location was excellent. All inclusive was good since we stayed for 7 days.

Won't be returning
    • Deluxe Suite

The desk staff clearly can't stand tourists. Least friendly I have ever encountered on Isla. We booked a suite and were given a room that had to be the only room in the hotel with no view. We looked at two roofs. It was actually funny. Don't know why they would even have a balcony. Better view of the gravel on the roof? Large kitchen area that had empty cabinets. Not a plate, cup, silverware nothing. We requested a corkscrew and when he finally showed up acted like we were torturing him by opening a bottle of wine. Of course he was tipped well for his trouble but not a pleasant interaction. We chose not to be all inclusive and could not get waited on at the pool bar. They completely ignored us and waited on only those with the correct color bracelets. We gave up and went elsewhere most days. It got us away from the tarnish smell since they painted a different section of pool deck everyday that really smelled. I have stayed in many places on Isla and wish I loved this one but I don't think we will return here.

The location can't be beat. Close to the ferry and can walk to any bars and restaurants on North Beach and in town. The pool and beach area are nice. Our suite was large and had great air conditioning. Satay had a nice buffet dinner.

Good experience, recommended
    • Deluxe Suite

The hotel is not modern but well maintained and they make up for it in good service. The staff is nice and we didnt realy use the pool becuase the beach- playa norte- is sooo amazing. The room was very big and clean.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I loved this place! I will definately go back!
    • Honeymoon Suite Whirlpool bath

We only ate from the Buffet and it was ok. Drinks were a bit watered down.

Everything was beautiful! All inclusive is the way to go. This was my first all inclusive trip.

An okay place to stay for couples.
    • Deluxe Suite

People up too late in the pool and hot tub, noisy at 1am. Watch out for loud obnoxious drunk people who stay up too late in public areas and disrespect other guest who are trying to sleep.

Breakfast buffet was varied and well done.

Good hotel - will return

No bars on property open past 7pm

Good location, across small street to beach, near shopping and good restaurants and the ferry, breakfast buffet a plus

Great place to stay on Isla Mujeres
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Food could have been better. Would have been nice to be able to control the lights on the balcony (went out at 11pm whether we wanted them off earlier or not).

Breakfast with a sea view and super nice beach chairs. The beach is clean, warm water. There were more waves here than at some other hotels pretty close by. Restaurant on the beach as a breakfast option. (We had breakfast only, didn't think all-inclusive was worth it). Food was decent. Staff was great. We got some special treatment because we were celebrating an occasion. Room had a nice jacuzzi.

THE BEST!!!
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Our view from our room was into the back alley way, where those people in the back alley way could see us. Wasn't ideal when we got in the spa haha! But it did not bother us at all. We loved our stay!

Everything! Location was 10/10 We ate at the Buffet for Dinner and Breakfast - 10/10, it was the best Buffet we have ever had! The pool area was absolutely amazing. The staff were the most friendliness we had in our whole trip in Mexico! The room was so cosy, loved the idea of the incense provided in the room. Pure luxury!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Great hotel on very nice beach but stay away from the all inclusive food / beverages.
    • Deluxe Suite

Food / drinks Don't waste your money on the all inclusive My 2nd time there and learned after 1st visit food is aweful. So many places to eat on Hildago street around corner. Plus if you have a golf cart there are many great places in the center of town you have to try. Buy your own beverages and take to the beach. I bought a cooler at the grocery store and loaded up with drinks. You can buy bag ice behind hotel at several stores for 25 pesos Inclusive alcohol is bottom of the list.

Beach Rooms good / clean Maid staff excellent as well as front desk Nice pool Close to Hildago Street and you can walk to hotel from ferry.

Nicer places to stay in Isla
    • Deluxe Suite

The check in staff treated you like a number... not very friendly. And, the wrist band that you had to wear the entire time was annoying. They hit you with a "disney" picture package, etc at checkin. The pictures make it seem like you have a view from your suite (everything is a suite), but your view is of a busy street and a grave yard.... yes a grave yard.

The room was modern and comfortable and the staff at the beach restaurant could not have been nicer

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Superior Double Whirlpool bath

Wish the swim area was bigger... that the buoys and roped off area went out just a few more feet. Luckily right next door is another beach area with out any ropes or buoys. The pool area is private, but can't see the ocean really. I would like some quieter music playing by the pool. I upgraded to an ocean view but couldn't see the ocean from my window- I had to walk out on the balcony to see it.

The bed was very comfortable. The most important thing to me is the beach. I loved the privacy and cleanliness and serenity of the beach area. LOVE the music at the beach restaurant and breakfast- food terrific. All staff were amazing- friendly, accommodating, made me feel welcome and safe. The location nexf to some other awesome spots and local shops/ reataurants- was perfect.

Browse Privilege Aluxes - Adults Oriented traveller photo gallery