Reviews of Hotel Real De Minas 4 stars

Calle Ancha de San Antonio S/N Colonia Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

#49 of 124 hotels in San Miguel de Allende

Based on 2039 hotel reviews

It’s a great hotel.
    • King Double Room

There was a terribly annoying spotlight in a service corridor just outside our window that the staff simply wouldn’t turn off and kept the room from being fully dark.

It’s a great hotel. Good location and facilities. Nothing too fancy, but great all in all.

Quite basic hotel.

Arquitecture and the fact that there are only two towels for the shower, even when reservation was for three people. It took four phone calls, three front desk visits and a paper note for housekeeping to get ONE extra towel after two days...

The building (and room view) is quite ugly and disappointing, it looks as a social living complexe...

Close to where we need to be but AVERAGE ..San Miguel is better than this Hotel ..!

All answered above ...

We've stayed 5-6 times at the Hotel in the past year , we are building a house nearby and the ,location is convenient ... The rooms are very average , have no facilities , minibar , coffee or tea making facilities and only two small bottles of mineral water ... We've stayed in the Junior Suites , the King Rooms and the Twin rooms ... the beds are terrible , the noise is terrible , the rooms on the lower level stink like sewerage , any rooms in the 100's on the lower level on the right of reception run along side the laundry , staff areas and the garbage areas and are noisy , smelly and dark ... I guess it's not a big deal but to be treated in some way as a returning guest would be nice .. we always take 2 rooms , use the restaurant ... which seems to have changed the Chef as the menu hasn't changed but the meals have ...Still a great location for us on our trips , but cant wait for our home in San Miguel de Allende to be finished ...

Awesome for all ages.

The hotel was a bit on the pricey side but we enjoyed it and it was worth it.

The food at the restaurant was great and the amenities were wonderful. It was nice to sightsee and come back to relax.

We've stayed 4-5 times here over the past year , we are...

We've stayed 4-5 times here over the past year , we are building a new home not far from the Hotel .. The service is inconsistent , the rooms old , tired a little dirty , the beds in each room seem different , hard and uncomfortable , the pillows are very bad , the TV's in each room are all set to different channels and are not the same or even have the same access to certain channels . the hot water takes ages to come through ... and it's noisy at night with guests obviously partying ... we need to spend maybe another 20 nights in SMA before our home is finished and even though the location is great we will look elsewhere .. just to be greeted as a returning guest would be nice ... That doesn't ever happen .. A shame as its a great location and a reasonable price ...and we always take two suites ,.. We've stayed in lots of other hotel in SMA .. perhaps it's time to move again ..

Comfortable

Cricket noise was loud. They are able to switch rooms if it gets to be too much. Some rooms are louder than others. They were doing construction inside, so not as great as I remember.

Good room service and pool was nice and clean every day. Comfortable stay. I would do it again.

For the price you would expect more.

The sink area to wash up in was a little on the small side.

We liked pretty much all of the facility. All the staff were fine-they could've "acted" a little happier. The rsv desk just went through the motions. The concierge was talking on her cell phone while I waited for her to get off to ask a question. Room was very nice, bathroom could've been larger-especially the sink area.

A very nice hotel!

It's a wonderful place to stay. The Staff are nice, especially the Concierge Patricia. Patricia speaks English well and she made all tours reservations including transportation to/from airport for us. The hotel is nice and clean, very well layout. The restaurant and garden have beautiful settings.

disappointing. I will not return to this hotel

service is not good, not a good attitude.The room and bathroom had a terrible smell, i reported it twice and maintenance people came but did not fix it. The hotel is very old and has not been renovated. They have nice place but needs renovation urgently and trained staff.

location and garden

The food we had at the hotel tasted delicious.

The only thing my daughter dislikes was that the pool closed at 7pm

The food we had at the hotel tasted delicious. The staff went above and beyond to help with all our needs. Had a great time relaxing at the pool and when I wanted to go out for the night they made sure we always had transportation available.

We have to wait for our reservation breakfast not very good...

Service when you have it everything is a lot easier....

We have to wait for our reservation breakfast not very good and the waiter try to keep some money from our change the room did not receive call from outside shower door is a hazard and needs to be cleaned we call for help with our luggage they never came ....Is a shame because Real de Mina's was a very good hotel not any more I won't stay there anymore....

The property was well located, had A/C (yay!

Not sure I didn’t like anything.

The property was well located, had A/C (yay!!), a helpful staff, and a large, comfortable room with a view of the pool. We could easily walk to many local shops, attractions, restaurants, etc. I especially liked to walk a couple of blocks every morning to a fruit stand where I could buy a huge cup of freshly cut papaya, pineapple and mango for a ridiculously inexpensive price. There were so many shops or markets with amazing art. I had a hard time sticking to my decision to just take photos of things I loved rather than buying them. Ok, I didn’t stick to it. There were too many lovely pieces of art or crafts. We didn’t end up eating at the restaurant in the hotel, but it looked good and was kind of open-air with the rest of the hotel and with a view of the pool. My husband appreciated the easy walkway up to the 2nd floor rather than stairs.

I was disappointed with the wifi signal being so poor in my...

Wifi and no one told me about the breakfast included

I was disappointed with the wifi signal being so poor in my room. However the pool and the massage made up for it. Comfortable, funky hotel with a great feel.

Good

There was one incident with my booking. From the moment I booked, I sent a note to ask if we could check in in advance as we were part of a group attending a wedding and for which most guests were staying at this hotel. It was important as the wedding was at 4 p.m and the check in was from 3 p.m. I got no answer and once at the hotel, they had of course no room available. The first person we talked to told us to wait until 1 p.m to see if there was a room, she even asked for my phone number to let us know in case a room was made available. We paid for the room (full price as we didn't get the group rate because we stayed only for one night) and decided to go for a walk. Fast forward to 1:30 p.m, we go back to the front desk, the person was no longer there and instead we talked to one of her coworkers who let us know that they had no room in "our category" even if he had just given THREE rooms to a family right in front of our eyes. We highlighted this and suddenly, just like that, a room "in our category" became available! I totally understand that availability can be tricky, especially when having a busy weekend as this seemed to be. However, why not reading what guests are requesting at the booking? Had I known that it was impossible to check in in advance, I would have opted for another hotel (none of my friends doing this had any problem checking in before 3 p.m). Also, why asking me for my phone number if you won't even take the time to call whenever a room gets available (something that happened based on what we witnessed)? We are frequent travelers and we've been to many destination weddings before, and never something like this has happened to us. At least they have very nice staff and facilities that kind of make up for these sorts of incidents.

facilities very clean, almost all staff very nice.

Real de Minas needs to improve facilities in the rooms.

Noisy rooms, no closet in the room. No place to hang my clothes. No electrical sockets available in te room, only in toilet. No board to iron my clothes.

Gardens, pool, breakfast, location. Good bed. Good pillows.

Here again for the 3rd time ... It's close to where we are renovating a house and the location suits

See above ... plus there are no in room facilities for Tea & Coffee or a mini bar which would be most helpful ..

The payment process between you and the hotel and their pre payment always appears a little confusing compared to other Hotels

Reasonably priced and very nice location clean and friendly staff

Just had a lot of trouble with WiFi in the room

The staff was friendly and the restaurant was good especially the buffet breakfasts. The hotel is well cared for and clean b

STAY HERE, ITS AMAZING!

I don't know where to begin. This place exceeded my expectations. Everyone was so friendly and professional. The room was immaculate. I was shocked how nice this hotel was for the price. You literally can walk anywhere in San Miguel but this hotel was perfectly located. Please do yourself a favor and stay here :-)

Great place, great town.
    • King Double Room

Everything was very slow. Staff could not speak English so it made doing simple things complicated. But they were all very sweet though!

Breakfast was amazing, nice facilities, nice room.

Restaurant staff did not care at all about their pax, had...

Restaurant staff did not care at all about their pax, had to get up to get the attention of the waiter. they are all standing in a corner laughing and not paying attention. On Tuesday they told me i could not be served at 7:00 am because the kitchen staff was arriving to work and they are not ready... in the pool the waiters acted like if they were doing us a favor of getting us drinks . Terrible service, from the front desk to waiters, the only people who really smile and treat you as a guest are people from maintenance and room cleaning services. I will not come back again.

Pleasant stay in good facility with Mexican flavour and up to date features.

Stop adding retried beans to meals. I suspect most gringoes return them to the kitchen.....waste of food My wife and friend really enjoyed the fact that the pool was heated.

not very good.

Last 3 nights a family came nest door and we can listen every conversation, kid crying...etc... impossible to sleep/ I was there bfs it was internet in room....no true..never internet in room. We have to go to the lobby to use it...which was very inconvenient I was quite disappointed.

Environment Location, food, and good as long is not people next door or parties.

Stayed before ... You get what you get but it works for us ..!
    • King Double Room

You got the full review above ... Like lots of Hotels in Mexico and SMA you have to work at it ... It's not the Four Seasons or the St Regis but it works OK ... We've stayed in over a dozen cities from Carbo to Tequila and CDMX in between from $2500 to $150 a night , all need to have you work hard on getting what you pay for ... Still , charming , delightful , and overall OK

Rooms adequate and the Hotel is well placed for what we need ... We have a property nearby that we are renovating and need a place close by so we can spend 6-8 nights a month close to our place for the next 6-8 months ... The rooms are adequate , we were given 202 and 204 , OK but we were near the front of the hotel and near the Laundry & cleaning staff area ... Seems the Laundry or the Aircon for the main hotel went all night , very noisy .. So next time we will asked to be accommodated at the rear or the middle of the hotel and on the poolside if available ... Service is nice but very slow and average but thats SMA some English which is terrific ... Again terrible service at the bar, couldn't get a drink at 7.00pm on a Thursday night , had to chase someone for a drink in the restaurant , even the was done reluctantly .. , no room service forms to hang on the door for breakfast or coffee, but TV / Cable is great , in room Air-con works (Heat) well and beds are high and hard but OK ... On check out we were confused about the billing where we had 3 different payments to the Credit Card , lets see if they come thru without an over charge ... We discussed this with the Front Office Manager who assured us it would be fine ... Let's hope so we have stayed often in San Miguel de Allende( 10 times past 18 months ) and this property suits for both location and value , this was our second stay 1st time with 300 Sales Agents from Mexico , yes it works and if w ask for what we want we will be ok to return often .. ... Thanks Gary & Jill Bennett ... Mexico City ..

Great hotel, great city to visit.

On the edge of the bustle of the city, but within walking distance of many points of interest, the city square, restaurants, bars and parks. Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. Very quiet, beautiful!

Doesn’t worth the money you pay for the room.

People at the reception behave as if we ought them something. We were three adults and a child, but they gave us only two towels, one piece of soap and one champoo, althow we asked for more several times.

Location, room size

Everything good except noise, there was a party in the garden and the music was loud so could hear it inside the bedroom. Beds are too small

Location, room size

Good but it could have been better

I had to pay extra for parking because it wasn’t included on what I pay for the room. Also I could hear loud and clearly the guest from the room upstairs through the he restroom vent.

Beautiful inside with beautiful gardens and water fountains. Great to take pictures!

Good and average. Could be great.

Poor heating control in rooms in cold winter season. Bad internet signal in room. Food at buffet restaurants served on cold plates ruins hot dishes.

Great location. Well maintained. Good food and appealing landscape.

Was a relax stay.

The Valet and parking in general.

All was Ok except by the Valet Parking, they didn't know how to drive my car and spent a lot of time to deliver to me.

Overall I will be staying there on my next trip

I got in at after 1:00 in the morning and was woken up by a leaf blower at 7:15 proceeding by screaming children that I thought were in my room. My window was open and I addressed by disappointment with management the next day.

Wonderful Staff and well kept grounds.

will return, my preferred choice in San Migurl

they don't believe it gets cold!!! all windows and doors are open at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The re ception staff wear heavy jackets and woolen scarves. ???? This hotel is in a mountain range at 7, 000 ft. altitude.

value and service

I had a problem with the reservation and they agreed that...

I had a problem with the reservation and they agreed that they would return the money. However, they said I had to talk to Booking directly to get the process going. I was on the phone with Booking for hours, until they finally said that the hotel had not agreed to return the money. After a lot of back and forth, I ended up losing my money, my time, and honestly feeling terribly lied to by both the hotel and Booking.

Worth every cent would book again in an instant.

The pool in the pictures does not look like the pool at the hotel anymore the little railing was removed and the pool really needs to be updated because some of the cement around was cracked and tiles in the pool were missing.

I liked how friendly the staff was and how rustic the hotel was it was so fancy for the price I paid everything met my expectations and when a light bulb went off a staff member was up in my room to fix it in under 5 minutes.

Beautiful hotel.

Beautiful hotel. Nice restaurant in the hotel. Really friendly staff. Bed was comfortable! It rained a bit in the morning and they had umbrella's ready.

Good hotel which accommodates conferences and business...

Pool was not properly maintained.

Good hotel which accommodates conferences and business travelers as well as families. Not necessarily a hotel for small children but amenities and services are superb.

Great value, good location, friendly staff. Would stay there again.

Everything was great except we needed more light in the room. There were table lamps but we needed more. There were no lights near the couch so we couldn't sit and read there.

Location. Helpful staff. Pool. Lobby.

Noisy, dirty with poor customer service.

The hotel is very very noisy, impossible to sleep. Cheap construction materials makes you hear everything happening around the room. People talking in the corridor could be heard as if they were inside . Drunk people shouting all night long, security did nothing to shut them up. Telephone did not work so had to go to reception late at night to complain. Decided to cancel second night, after a long complaint to the manager he offered to reimburse the second night, we were fooled.

Non-staying guests at the pool during the weekend made pool crowded.

I didn't like the fact that the pool was crowded on the weekend with many non-hosts who entered the pool facilities with speakers and convenience store plastic bags full with alcoholic beverages. Didn’t strike me as a familiar environment. During the week days that didn’t happen again.

The staff was great, the facilities are nice.

What a fantastic experience.

The cleaning crew was very nice, and did an adequate job cleaning the room, but there were days they weren't done until late afternoon. It seemed they didn't have enough folks on their team.

Priscilla, the Concierge, was extremely helpful and communicative prior to our trip, and arranged for our transportation, even when our plans changed. She also gave us great information for hotel amenities, as well as independent excursions. The front desk staff was pleasant and wanted to help, and the restaurant staff were great. Jose, the omelet chef, was fantastic, and even remembered our order two days after our initial breakfast! The massage team was excellent - we truly enjoyed our five massages. The young man at the bar was also very friendly and accommodating. Overall, everyone is very friendly.

We had a room overlooking the swimming pool - very nice.

We had a room overlooking the swimming pool - very nice. Breakfast buffet was good. Free parking was great to have in San Miguel since most hotels do not have any parking at all.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The grounds are very beautiful.

AC has a very bright light that lights up the room at night. The clocks are wired to the central electric system and turn off every time you leave the room with your key card...they are almost impossible to reprogram...you can't unplug them and so they flash all the time. The food in the restaurant is not that great...."sausage" for breakfast is a hot dog...

The grounds are very beautiful. The SPA is great. Rooms very nice with great AC's and flat screen tv and amenities, comfortable beds and pillows. Great location and taxis available all the time with very cheap fares. Helpful and kind employees! Pretty lobby and restaurants. Super coffee!

A beautiful hotel with good service, great food and excellent musicians

It would be helpful to receive some information at the desk upon arrival about where the machine is located for changing dollars into pesos.

The musicians, and courtesy of the staff. I left a phone charger in my room, and when I went back to the hotel to get it, the woman at the front desk was helpful, and found it for me.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Great bed and pillows.

Balcony could use at least 2 chairs to sit in.

Great bed and pillows. We asked for extra towels n we had just hung up n they were knocking bringing them. We did not her alit of noise as other had written about the hotel. It is in a busy street but u cannot tell once inside the hotel. Good breakfast buffet. Excellent spa, we had massages done. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Reception totally unresponsive to incredible noise in room upstairs.Lied to me 3 times and said they

Response to requests at booking time.Said I did NOT want to be near pool because of kid noise.Gave me a Room within feet of the pool! After (9:30)PM room above occupants Returned to room and there was lengthy,excessive noise made by their Child.I called front desk 3 separate times and they said they would send Security to check the situation.They Never did and the child was running Back and forth on the room's flloor and banging toys or something on the Floor for quite a while. I imagine the floor was made of tissue Paper,it did not insulate the floor upstairs nor my ceiling-

The bed was fine.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Our stay at this hotel was one of the highs of our travel to Mexico.

Only 2 small waste baskets in room. (Both in bathroom). Small frigerator would be nice No small coffee pot in room.

The location was excellent. Easy walk to town. Friendly staff. Also liked juice available every day in lobby. AMERICAN network TV stations from Florida Able to catch up on news & programming after two weeks of travel in Mexico The shower in this room was the best we've ever had. Lots of water pressure and hot water.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Excellent value for money

Too many group bookings / crowds on the Thursday / Friday of our stay.

Very comfortable beds and spacious rooms around the pool. Beautiful surroundings and walkable into town.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

only ok

Room was mediocre and was not worth the extremely high price we paid for this stay. The renovations did not seem to extend to this particular room which was not very warm or inviting.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Lovely hotel but cold bring warm clothing

It was so cold we all had to wear multiple layers of sweaters and shawls. People were going around in down jackets when the temperature outside was 25 degrees.

Beautiful hotel with pool, rooms were spacious, staff lovely and food was good for hotel food.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Every hotel should be so lucky as to have a staff like the one at Real De Minas!

I have NO complaints.

We only had breakfast there and it was fresh, fast and delicious. Energy saver room! We had noisy neighbors a couple of nights and security was right on it. Comfy, comfy beds. Clean facility. The staff was polite and very professional from the time we got there till the moment we left. Additionally, the front desk went beyond the call of duty to arrange our very knowledgeable and professional transportation. Great communication and follow up.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Loved Our Mini Vacation

Wifi was down 3 night I was there Buffet for breakfast I personally don't enjoy buffets. My first day we were able to order off Menu and food is delicious.

Cleanses Staff Rooms Service Food Location

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

No security for their guests.

Security at the hotel was really bad. At the middle of the night a group of drunk guests broke my bedroom door. Hotel did nothing! I could not go back to sleep again.

It was OK

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Many friends told me that San Miguel de Allende is a must visit place - they were right!

Nothing that I can think of.

They have adequate parking facilities even for when a large wedding takes place. The staff are very helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Low level staff are excellent, always willing to serve, but management needs work

I only stayed 3 nights instead of four and they still charged me for the xtra night. I don't belive this is a fair business practice because it allows no flexibility. I'm very upset about that. Also, they don't listen, it's like talking to a programmed robot,

Staff were excellent in every way.

In-room wifi non existent. [Reception in lobby very good]. Older property with inefficient plumbing.

Staff were excellent in every way. Excellent large suite [#187]. Excellent break fast buffet [not included].

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Close to Centro.

No wifi in rooms. Did not work at all. Noisy hallways and adjacent rooms.

Close to Centro. Room spacious and comfortable. Nice pool area with wifi.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Room was large and bed comfortable.

Wifi was almost non existent. Would only last a few seconds at a time. Was better near pool area. Hallways noisy, echoing in rooms. Can hear people talking in the room next door and hallways when you are in the bathroom as the bathroom vents to the hallways.

Room was large and bed comfortable. Pool area was nice. Short walk to town, restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Fantastic experience

Nothing at all, everything was perfect.

Loved the room, clean and conveniente. Staff really nice

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The room smelled a little weird, they should air the rooms...

No carpet would be best

The room smelled a little weird, they should air the rooms out and or have bigger windows

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The rooms

The rooms

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Friendly staff, location was great

Very small room, bed was a full size,

Friendly staff, location was great

Location just little bit outside downtown, make it very...

Location just little bit outside downtown, make it very comfortable to park your car.

Good..!

Hotel facilities need updating, busy place...

Hotel location

Friendly staff and good location.

I was travelling alone and all the staff were really friendly. There were some staff who spoke English which really helped.

Exceptional treatment from the property manager Jose Luis

Exceptional treatment from the property manager Jose Luis

was clean, excellent customer service

Ii had a wonderful time. I definitely would come back.

was clean, excellent customer service

A very expensive hotel and a very bad restaurant service,...

A very expensive hotel and a very bad restaurant service, slow and on the last night I never received the room service I asked for.

Service great

Lots and lots of mosquitos

Service great

Pretty grounds and reasonable price

Long walk to town; dining room not good, major construction going on in lobby.

Pretty grounds and reasonable price

Great staff;

Rooms a bit musty; renovation due years ago

Great staff; welcoming.

It was really good tho
    • King Double Room

Breakfast should be more exclusive

The bed is nice

Confortable room

At least a free cup of coffee

Confortable room

Is really close to the center and with great restaurants...

Is really close to the center and with great restaurants near by. Plus the staff is really nice.

Browse Hotel Real De Minas traveller photo gallery