Reviews of Royal Pedregal 5 stars

Periferico Sur, 4363 Jardines en la Montana, 14210 Mexico City, Mexico

#89 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

The rooms are quite spacious and it is close to the places I...

The rooms are quite spacious and it is close to the places I need to go. Plus, it is quite a confortable hotel with great services. Free parking and easy to get around to several points of interest.

Quite affordable, well equiped and comfortable hotel, with some flaws in the cleanliness and service

Service at the Reception. No, cancel that: there was no service. Not only for me, but for the others lining up. The folks on the other side of the counter were happy chatting amongst themselves and when they would bother helping one of us, well, it was very minimum service. We just couldn't believe...

Bed was good.

A place to

Even the food and menu are good, when I brought a party of 8 persons was a disaster and bad service, so the restaurant is an issue. ahhh the earthquake was off during my stay but you cant hear it from the room and they don't use the internal system to warn you...

The staff and personnel are great and courteous.

Clean, comfortable good value. If you can avoid the reception desk as much as possible it is awesome

The staff at reception unfortunately are horrible. Their attitude is not what you would expect. It almost felt like I was bothering then trying to check in. I got the raised shoulder when I asked why the internet was working. They did not assist in me returning to this hotel. Clean

Breakfast staff were amazing and did their best to make sure you were happy. Place was clean and secure.

Excellent service, very clean & spacious rooms, & outstanding breakfast at restaurant.

Room view

Property “daily” restaurant is outstanding for breakfast (buffet or menu) & Sunday brunch is also excellent. Service at the restaurant was also exceptional. I’ve been to this property before and I’ll visit it again.

Badly managed, a pity

** Internet Wifi: The free Internet provided with the room was not working 90% of the time. When I reported the problem, staff told me that guests were responsible for this because we were too many using Wifi! I was proposed to pay for a Premium access. ** Sustainability: Bed sheets are changed everyday and can be changed every 3 days upon request. It should be the opposite. ** Staff attitude: Reception desk staff are not well trained, e.g., they were unable to precharge my credit card for restaurant or bar expenses. As result, staff in the restaurant told me 5 times that I had to pay my breakfast in cash. They were so insistent and stressful that I skipped breakfast after my first try,

Nice. I'm sort of a regular now.

Well the chairs in the room are not that comfortable or solid, but that's a minor thing and the light for working at a desk wasn't great. I loved the coffee machine, but as an English visitor, I could have used some tea bags.

I had the swimming pool all to myself, which was nice... The maids were sweet and helpful. The people at reception too. The bed was comfortable. The breakfasts are great and the staff in the restaurant very friendly and pleasant.

I wouldn't stay there again.

The hotel seemed to be very interested in charging extra for anything. For example, the free wifi was so bad that you hat to buy internet for 6 USD per 24 hours if you wanted to have a half way decent internet connection but even that was poor. Service was oftentimes slow. For example when the heater stopped working I needed to call 3 times before anything happened. There was also an issue with them holding money on our credit cards and then they did not even know that it was still on hold. We thought it was booked already. Lots of confusing and incompetent staff. The only great people were the cleaning staff and most of the waiters.

The cleaning staff was nice and the outside pool was decent.

We enjoyed our stay VERY much.

The menus in the room state that all tips are included, also in the section for buffet breakfast. However, the one day we went for breakfast one of the waiters pushed for his tip. This is not a major issue for us, but thought to mention it.

The staff were very helpful, the rooms and the areas we used are super spacious, the bar was also very nice (though very quiet). We enjoyed our stay very much.

Beautiful hotel but not what I was expecting

The website said pets allowed but when I got there they told me my pet was too big so she had to sleep in the car and I had to go heat up the car every few hours because it was so cold. I only selected this hotel based on it saying it accepted pets. It was the only hotel on my 2500 mile trip where I had a problem

the hotel is OK, but hotel taxi service is very bad experience

Bellboy called a hotel car for 4 kms distance charging us 190pesos, four time more expensive than a taxi or Uber car. We called the hotel manager to complain about that but he said the hotel offered a safe service. Don't a taxi or Uber car offer a dangerous service? It sounds quite ridiculous.

The room is big, good location and quiet

COMFORTABLE AND GREAT SERVICE

location is right at the big avenue. difficult to move around by feet

all the amenities if you like comfort. the restaurant is not as good but it is acceptable. the staff were kind and helpful

Bad experience

Wi-Fi was not working and i waa charged extra for which i was not informed..i was cheated by hotel staff

I was cheated by hotel..had to pay extra which I was not told earlier.. wifi was not working..i dnt like anything about hotel

Generally Good

Breakfast was not included. The free WiFi connection es poor, I saw it as a way to get you to pay for the premium WiFi (6 usd)

It was right next to the place of my meeting so I didn’t have to deal with CDMX traffic

Top Quality hotel and excellent value

Indoor pool closed to early over the weekend. Closed at 4pm which meant after any day trips or activities it was closed on return to the hotel.

Great value hotel with friendly helpful staff. The suites are amazing and great value. Lovely restaurants inside the hotel also.

Sad

Big hotel and food accomodatIone. However, who in the 21st century abuser the user of the internet? They offer free internet, but the damned internet does not work. They want to make you pay 110 pesos a day for the use of the internet. They said the problem was many people in the hotel. Well so it means they make money with many guests. Why makes us pay more? I went to talk to them and of all night only one night they gave me a free up grade, but it work poorly. At eleven in the night they said: we can change your room. At eleven in the night? I was working!!!!!. I said well I habe to find another hotel, and the stupid guy said, it is ok. I left one night earlier. It's not right I felt abused!!!!! I was very disappointed! Isaac Camacho

Great location and big rooms

Not a modern Hotel but in perfect shape. Big rooms, nice pool, great location. Big shopping mall 5 mins away. Six flags 15 mins away. Great location to stay in the south. Quiet neighborhood (for Mexico City)

Will never go again and ever recommend it.

No place to sit and wait for our room since it was 2 and until 3 you were able to get it. They sent us to a lounge near by the spa and it was full of food (tomatoes, onions, bread,etc) on the floor. The cushions are leather and they are all spotted and in bad conditions. I traveled with a puppy and request for it, they extra charged it and when waiting I request to open a door to take my dog potty and they refused until I told them my dog needed it urgently. They opened it but told me will not happened again, that I have to go out of the property (there is a highway in front) because they would not accept my dog potting there even though I told I was going to pick it up. I asked to call the manager and they told me he was to busy on his lunch time, the front manager was supposed to meet me and after 3 when Inwas supposed to be advised about my room and never happened I saw the front manager walking by and stoped him to talk, he told me he was to busy and that will come back in a couple of mins and I refused since I have been waiting for more than an hour. Told him my experience and demand to be treated as a pet friendly hotel, told him about all the dirty areas due to no class guests that were not able to pick their own mess and clearly had no education. He just told me he will see what he can do .... I asked again for the general manager but they told me he was not available and for security could not give me his name. It is a conventions and group hotel that has no clue how to give attention to a couple with a dog. We are not their real business and did not mind to be there or not. Of course I demand for my money back and ran out of that crapy place.

There's nothing I'd like

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good Value

I have been a guest for 17 years and the breakfast bar got smaller and simpler the past few months. Less food for the same money :( I understand the the taxi service outside the hotel is independent, but I also know the property management has a say and the fares they charge are 4 times higher than those UBER charges.

The receptionist who checked me in was very agreeable and understanding. The rest of the time there were two girls that are awful in customer service and have a nasty attitude.

HORRIBLE.

Service in restaurant just atrocious! Slow with a serious don't give a dam attitude.Restaurant managers walking aimlessly around accomplishing nothing.Front desk operation poorly run.I asked for messenger service , i was told we don't have it when in fact the service is available but they push for the hotel taxi drivers ( Rip off artists) to deliver the packages so they can get a kick back.I will never use this hotel again.I stayed there on three different occasions in the past year and a half. The service has gotten worse.Housekeeping did not vacuum my room during my whole stay.Had to repititively ask for a face cloth everyday.I could go on but i have better things to do. I am fluent in Spanish and lived in Mexico City for 3 years. Honestly my rating is a 4 and i am generous.

This visit not much, EXCEPT FOR THE BUSINESS CENTER WHERE I RECEIVED EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.

Pleasant, straight-forward, prompt staff.

The housekeeping was one day absent-minded and forgot to provide a small hand towel and a bathtub towel mat. This was corrected promptly.

Pleasant, straight-forward, prompt staff. The hotel is convenient for my purpose (but otherwise far from tourist attraction), safe, and comfortable.

Don't believe the ratings

Service. Service. Service. Poor standard of food. Room service a complete joke. Nearly 2 hours to get hot water and lemon brought to my room. Cleanliness standards shocking.

Ideal hotel if you have to be in the south of Mexico-City.

Weak free internet, paid premium internet better, but still not good enough. Pretty cold in the lobby. Difficult to leave the hotel with public transport, you need a taxi or own car.

Nice architecture, nice garden, nice room. Acceptable restaurant. Also well equipped, large room, no traffic noise, although very close to the Periferico. Good value for money, friendly staff.

They didn't give us clean towels on time and left us...

They didn't give us clean towels on time and left us without water to drink. I had to buy water and they charged me a lot of money just for 2 bottles

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Good place but could be better.

The room smelled like cigarette. The AC did not work. The bed could have been much more comfortable.

Service was very good. Breakfast as well. The hotel and rooms are very clean.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great stay

Impractical for a long stay. Only valet parking and elaborate sit-down restaurant. No self-parking, no quick take-out food when you're in a hurry.

Great location in south part of Mexico City. Spacious and elegant facility.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Will be there in my next trip to Mexico!!!

All of it was great!!

Excellent place, staff, cleanliness, food, but a bit pricey for me. Bed was also too hard and pillows too stiff. I would stay there again with pleasure.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

SUPERB ACCOMODATIONS...A PALACE!!!

An amazing Place!! Great staff,secure location.Very posh and elegant.Restaurant was 5 star!!Room service,Housekeeping were SUPERB!!!I got 5 star experience for what I normally pay for lesser Quality hotels.TRULY GREAT!!!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The right hotel if you like it noisy and if you don't want to use the worst restaurant ever

The main disappointments of this hotel were a) no noise-cancellation in the rooms - you will hear your neighbours very loudly and b) the restaurant is a disgrace. Low quality food, high prices and completely unprofessional and unfriendly staff.

The reception & bell-boy staff was friendly and at least tried to help where they could.

Veronique at the front desk!

The boys in the family were robbed not far away. 9pm at night, four of them were walking home from the mall. They should have taken a taxi! No one was hurt.

Veronique at the front desk!

Good location, great employes. I asked for a king size bed, they gave us a full size

I made a reservation for a king size bed and received a full size. I received different amount invoice than the paid I made, of course, I paid much more than the invoice

The enployes were great, kind

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Good value for the price

Their internet is lousy. They have a free service that barely works, and a paid service that doesn't do much better.

The staff and amenities are quite good. Sunday brunch is excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Nice hotel, but services are adult oriented.

It is not a family hotel. Children are not admitted to indoor pool. In booking.com there is written that there is a play area for children, but this is not true. There is no playground. It would be nice if they have a slide or swing in the garden.

Room are spacious and well equipped

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great rooms, clean, plenty of space.

Could hear some neighboring guests in the adjacent room. Water in bottles had not been re-stocked in the room one day & no place to get more when so late at night. Room service did not bring them. Apparently there is another Royal Pedrigal Hotel in the north of Mexico City so make sure you bring the address with you in order to get back to the right hotel, and tell them it is in the south.

Great rooms, clean, plenty of space. Spa was wonderful but definitely need an appointment. There is also a salon with good prices too. The staff was able to speak English when our Spanish failed. The food at the restaurant & bar at the hotel was excellent. Uber came to the hotel. We found an English speaking tour guide at the hotel. Good location!

pillows

pillows

beds were nice and the hot tub very good!

beds were nice and the hot tub very good! I loved the swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi! Excellent. Also beauty parlor and gym: perfect.

Great value

Dårlige puter, men god seng

Maten og Bassengene

Excellent staff.

The shower needs maintenance. It was really hard to make it work for my mom who was in a wheel chair.

Excellent staff.

The bellboys were excellent

The restaurant food and service was poor. Wi Fi was slow or often not working.

The bellboys were excellent

WIFI

WIFI

Good location.

The food isn’t very good.

Good location and great value for money.

Very comfortable and restaurant had a great buffet breakfast and dinner

Couldn't fault them.

Modern, spacious room. Comfortable bed. bar and restaurant were excellent. Lovely staff.

Excellent for the price, but a little far from the things I wanted to see in Mexico City.

Beautiful rooms and facilities as well as excellent customer service.

All is perfect

All is perfect

Impossible to sleep

The noise, never take the room 1147 I asked to change the room but the answer was No..I was not considered as a client

The hotel only provides 3 towlws un the bathroom for 2...

The hotel only provides 3 towlws un the bathroom for 2 guests¡¡¡¡¡

THE WIFI IS VERY POOR

THE WIFI IS VERY POOR

Nice hotel and good value!

The room cleanliness could be improved

The service

Spaces and quietness

Free WiFi is awful !!

Spaces and quietness

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Fantastic place!

Excellent service, people is very warm and friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

It is a very good hotel, pricewise.

Internet is really bad...

It is a very good hotel, pricewise....

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

All great

Just a bit far

All great

Great hotel for the value of cost

Outside Pool can be taken better care. Many tree leaves and particles from plants floating

Great hotel for the value of cost

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

We stayed because it was close to hospital médica sur

There is nothing within walking distance

The price

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I will never come back, bad mouthing booking.com since arrival

front desk service

nice hotel

the restaurant service was terrible

nice hotel in the south of the city

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Great hotel with poor staff

Many people so much serious and not nice ambient

I like the girl who cleans your bedroom

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great Job! Keep working

Little bit noisy at night

Location and service

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Solid option at less than international chain prices.

Wi-Fi is somewhat episodic. Had to resort to my own cel's hotspot.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

La atencion de un bellboy pesima

La atencion de un bellboy pesima

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Wifi was pretty bad.

Wifi was pretty bad. Only complaint

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great hotel in the south of Mexico City

Everything was good.

The hotel was full and they gave us an upgrade to a suite without extra charge us. It was great!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Ok

Ok

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Great buffet breakfast.

Weak paid internet. Ground floor lodging. Service people walking outside window.

Great buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Excellent service

Excellent service

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Good for bussines not at all for leisure.

Menu wasn't as expected.

Room size, price

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Can be better

People at the front desk are not so helpful. Renovation of the facilities will be great.

It is well located if you plan to move around the area.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

We were attending a funeral, we will stay at this hotel in the future, very satisfied!!! Thank you,

Great Staff, front desk, bell-man (Lino), Restaurant Staff, Hostess, Enrique, (captain), the Maids who prepared the rooms.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Great 24/7 Restaurant

Wifi was week and would often not work at all.

Great 24/7 Restaurant

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The facilities and overall hotel were great, clean and...

Unfortunately I didn't have time to use the spa and I do think I could have paid a bit less for the same quality.

The facilities and overall hotel were great, clean and beautiful. The location was very convenient for me and the purpose of my trip.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

4.5
    Poor welcome to take my car up to arrival late at night.

Manager, and front desk uneduacate and not trained women. And the hostess at the dining room, giving me a lesson of jerarquis about the manager. To me as I anwser is one more emply, is not for me to know .

Poor welcome to take my car up to arrival late at night. Water (from drainage) on the bathroom ceiling like a shower, that ruin my outfit and hair. The response from the manager was poor and cheap at the moment. But right now is going to cost him dearly my coment, and the fact that I am Not going back to Royal Pedregal. And I am bringing groups of Canadians! Your lost!!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Hotel with lots of space and air, size and comfort of room,...

Location if you do not want to stay at hotel. Staff sometimes not very friendly, English skills limited to not existing. Privacy signs on doors often not respected, big minus.

Hotel with lots of space and air, size and comfort of room, biggest king bed ever and very good matrass. Excellent breakfast, perfect gym. If you want to have some relaxing days before flying home after your trips and enjoy the comfort of an excellent hotel (and only this, there is nothing around), this is a great place at very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Weliked the service specially the restaurant and very...

IN THE FRONT DESK ONE OF REPRESENTATIVES WAS A FAMELA maybe she was tired but her actitude wasn't very nice..

Weliked the service specially the restaurant and very cinfortable.

There are also 88 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.