Reviews of Royal Solaris Cancun-All Inclusive 4 stars

Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 20.5. Lote. 64 2a etapa. Sección A, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#36 of 161 hotels in Cancún

3.4

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The room looked bit old, but the view and room service compensated it

Staff was super friendly, food & drinks were unlimited, really enjoyed. We stayed on level 7 with the balcony, a lady at the front desk was always so helpful. Pool, Resturants, other activities were impressive, would love to go back again. Shows at the hotel were impressive.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The property was outdated, the food was very horrible and the drinks had no taste , it was all inclusive but you had to pay to get better food which makes no sense, i will never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel is not enjoy the stay at all WiFi you have to pay for👎🏽👎🏽

The waiters was very nice and helpful

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Windows were leaking and we can feel the wind blowing from outside. There was a lot of water in the room after the rain and you can’t sleep well when there is windy outside Uneven walls and ceiling. Finishing materials are rather bad. All inclusive hotel does not include bacon for breakfast. In fact they have bacon, but I couldn’t have it because I refused to pay creasy amount of money to enter their members club. I couldn’t have bacon for breakfast and enter certain restaurants at the hotel because of that. ~30% of the menu at the outdoor restaurant were printed, but forbidden for me to order since I’m not in the club. How is that all inclusive? WiFi is also not included. It costs $7 per device per day. It doesn’t cover whole hotel area and it is really slow. Sometime it just didn’t work. We had to rely on our T-mobile roaming. A lot of paperwork. You will have to waste several hours on paperwork, providing documents and other confirmations. The craziest thing they have asked us - “can you show us your rings to confirm that you are married?” !!!??! At the end they’ll give you a lot of printed receipts, confirmations, coupons and other crap. Only after that you can start your vacation. There was no humidity control inside the hotel. All my closes, towels and bed were constantly wet. It was kind of stressful. At the end of the trip taxi driver didn’t come to pick us up, even though we paid ahead for return to the airport. We had to make a deal with a bus driver to reach the airport.

Great ocean view. Beautiful sunrises when the weather is good Mostly nice personnel

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

that they kept on selling me a time share i wasn't interested in and was very pushy.

the staff is excellent, the food is not so great but its not bad either.. the atmosphere the location , the beach, the activities everything was excellent. i would recommend this hotel 10000%. the staff is AMAZING!

• Deluxe Room

Food is awful. Very limited selection for those who have dietary restrictions. Amenities are two star at best. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

Price is good

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The food was bland and the snack bar lacked variety and the hamburgers tasted like fake meat, the drinks were extremely watered down which defeated the unlimited because it was like drinking water. The worst part though is they kept assigning me to the wrong room. I paid for an Oceanview King room and they assigned the wrong room 3 times before getting right.

The staff were great, pools were nice and the beach was to die for. The channel selection during down time in the room was really great.

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

Excellent service with reasonable prices! This is the family friendliest hotel I have ever experienced. Especially, Ms. Fanny at the reception was so professional that she remembered me and finished my requests for my kids when I came back to the reception some minutes later. Also, a guy in the restaurant - forgot name - took care of my children time to time during our dinner.

• Deluxe Room

The room was very old didn't sleep well as the beds were very uncomfortable and hard hotel was very noisy too! The pool entertainment could be better, round the pool needs new sun bed there very old I sat on one that had a big hole in it which is disappointing as when being round by the pool all day you need a nice good sunbed to lay on! The food was very disappointing not much choice and didn't like the waiters standing round waiting for you to finish eating was very uncomfortable as soon as you put your folk and knife down they took the plate straight away which I didn't like that!! The drinks weren't very good either watered down!!

There is not one thing I could right and say I like at the hotel!!!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

There were no inside stairs to get from floor to floor in case of an emergency.

The staff was extra friendly! They work so hard. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, very clean. The pool is amazing! We spent most of our days there! We loved it!

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

No free wi-fi, and the paying wi-fi is not really good, it would disconnect every few minutes, specially in the room. There is no adapters available and our room had only one plug to charge and it was away from the bed. The pool was small and the person responsible for cleaning it did it during the day when guests were in the pool, and twice when we were in the jacuzzi he came with a bucket with liquid, which I think was chlorine, and threw it inside, my son's swimsuit got a little stained from that, and mine got a little discoloured. Overall not worth the money we paid. Would not go back to this hotel if I go back to Mexico.

We asked for a quite room and we got it. Check in and check out was fine, no problems! The restaurant Veneto was wonderful, food and service was good. Room was clean and sheets were changed everyday! The snack bar near the pool was good and also the stuff that were serving drinking. The shows at the theater were really nice!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Toilets really old style no balcony

Overall it was really good, beautiful view from the hotel. The food was ok but not what i expected to have in Mexico. We had all inclusive so we could use swimming pool, restaurants and bars @ the 5* hotel right next to Royal Solaris which was really good!

• Deluxe Room

The food was mediocre but not terrible. There are 6 restaraunts between Royal Solaris and GR Caribe. We visited all but one. Males, bring pants. They won’t let you in to some of the restaraunts if you’re not wearing pants. We didn’t get to go to the Italian restaraunt because one of the men in our group didn’t bring pants. We mainly ended up eating at the main restraunt in Royal Solaris which was basically a buffet. It was a hit or miss with the food. Each night was a little different. If you’re looking for a hotel that’s for a younger crowd that likes to party this is not it. This is more of a family hotel, lots of kids and lots of old people.

The workers were super nice and fun. The beach was beautiful. The room service and maids were great. As far as service goes it was a 10/10. When we arrived we were upgraded to be at the GR Caribe. Thought it was a scam at first but it turned out to be a true upgrade. We had a much better room and access to both hotel properties.

Kids club staff was not engaging much with kids. They happily allowed my son to play on play station. I’ve previously stayed in Riu Vallarta, Mexico and had much better experience. Here staff was slightly disengaged and not inventive. They did not make much effort to engage the kids and activities. Kids pool was very nice but there is not much space around it for parents. So you either end up in the kids pool with your child or leave them on their own knowing that there are 3 TV’s with video games readily available for them to use. I have never seen something like this. Maybe worth considering setting up a teenage section somewhere away from the little ones. Beach was nice. Drinks were disgusting. Food was nice especially in the a la Cart restaurants. There was no option to drink decent coffee before 6 pm. Evening Entertainment was good, pool side entertainment was unbearable if you wanted to relax there was no option for staying by the main pool. There was another pool on the other site of the resort but too far from kids club. Beach had lots of laungers and not too many people. Sea was rather rough with red flags up on most days. We’ve been staying in various places along the coast all the way up to border with Belize and had enjoyed lots of great beaches, much safer for kids

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

There wasn’t anything I could say I disliked, but the place was huge. Plenty of things to , and they always had activities going on throughout the day by the pool. It took me a while to get used to finding things, but the staff were friendly enough to ask for help! If you’re visiting but need to do work via WiFi this is probably going to be a bit more expensive for you... you can connect devices but each device will be charged. It is paid for at reception once you check out.

Good array of food that would please most taste pallets and with all the different restaurants I was spoilt for choice. Lots of things offered a the hotel. People could be annoyed by the internet prices, but it is the way it is. If you want it included go somewhere else! Once connected on your device that it is. Although only one device can be connected unless you pay again for another device. I travelled alone and wanted to escape the world so I was happy to just use my phone. If you are all inclusive you get some nice perks, especially by the smaller pool on the other part of the hotel. Lots of activities to take part in, the waiter service was excellent and frequent so I was spoilt with lots of yummy drinks, and they had a great selection of food to snack on by the pool, including burgers, cheesy nachos and some healthier things like salads and fruits. I shopped around for tours, I initially thought I would try the main lobby area and ask about the tours, but when I was at the pool during early evening there was another person Selling tours. I ended up choosing the tour to Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world, and I absolutely loved it. I could only get on one tour because I stayed for 3 days only, but I was happy with my choice!

• Deluxe Room

Administration,, why I say this, I booked this resort through booking.com on my old credit card,which had expired. The resort took the deposit on my old card 50%. But when I arrived to check in,,,, I had to pay again in with my new credit card. Be aware of this as nobody tells you the terms when booking!

The friendliness of staff,the food,the drink, it was so relaxing and different. The pools, lots of sun chairs, and very clean, modern too.

• Deluxe Room

Beach towels too short. Welcome breakfast, be careful here, its not a welcome breakfast, its a time share presentation and the gifts / discounts did not amount to very much. ugh.

The food and beverages were good, many choices and decent quality. The beach is good, Take you own beach towel as the hotel beach towels are short.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The acess to the room was not easy, on top of that we had a stroller which became more difficult to reach the room (there are a lift but even that we have to use a lot os stairs). I think the hotel could give us a rrom in the ground floor since we were if a baby. The guy in the check in wasn’t very professional, he forgot to tell us important things.

• Deluxe Room

We had an "upgrade" to room 1104 when u specifically asked to be in a room in the upper levels in my reservation. When we arrived they said we had no choice but to take the upgrade and there were no other rooms available. I accepted it because I had no where else to go and didn't want to lose my money and it seemed to be on the 11th floor. We'll at night we discovered the room was right above the dance/ kareoke floor. So we laid 254$ Canadian a night to NOT sleep. I called the reception and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I spoke to the manager and the same answer. I asked for a refund since I paid good money to get some sleep and rest but could not until after midnight, 1 am Canadian time. And they said no. I am so disappointed that they forced us in a room on the 1st floor, not the 11th floor, right above the loud evening activities and could not do anything to change the sit or.give me a refund or future hotel credit.

Water in the room

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Room smell soo AWFUL. Complained to management the best they could do was send someone to spray the room with an air freshener-of course,that didn’t work. Room stink like a sewage facility. #RM1128

Staffs are friendly.Excellent Location. Good food and drinks.

• Deluxe Room

I didn’t like how some of the staff were not very helpful. Me and my family were locked out of our room for an hour and a half when we came back from the beach in the evening. Due to the front desk’s mistake, WE were the ones inconvenienced and did not receive any type of compensation other than an apology. Also, the entertainment throughout the day and evening was very limited and not very good. This resort could do much better utilizing resources to entertain their guests.

The beaches were my favorite part!! Beautiful beach by the resort and the lunch time food (pizza and sushi) was very good.

• Deluxe Room

First time at an all inclusive and it exceeded my expectations. Zumba class was awesome. Kayaking was relaxing. The whole entertainment team was awesome and fun.

• Deluxe Room

- Our welcome was a little intense as they tried to sell us a membership to become Solaris club members there and then. Their sales techniques were quite aggressive, which made us feel like a target, however, we didn’t give in. That left us with a slightly bad aftertaste for the rest of the trip. - On our last evening someone came into our room while we were out for dinner to deliver a couple of chocolates and a good night note from the hotel - that could have been sweet if it wasn’t because it happened past 9pm. Not quite the right time as we didn’t expect someone to come in at that time without our consent.

The facilities in general. The beach was gorgeous and very close to our room. The variety of food was good and most of the staff was attentive and smiley.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Book for 2 adults and 1 kid. When we get there they said only 2 adults and we had to pay extra for my kid. So mad but we got no choice cause we already there. Booked for king size bed they gave us two twin beds. Hard bed and there is a smell for the first two days we stayed there. We have to open the window and make them clean the room everyday. Some servers are not good at all what made me mad was we’ve been eating for like 15 minutes never ask for a drink and when i approach him for a waters he gave me one plastic cup of water for the three of us. So disappointed. Never staying here again

Great pool very clean. Great activies specially at the pool. All the entertainers were great. One waiter stand out named HUGO.

• Deluxe Room

You need to pay for Wifi (~12 dollars per day), while there is no signal in the rooms, just loby&pool. We are not in the 90's; having wifi is as having AC in your room - You don't pay extra for it.

The restaurants were fantastic and tasty. (And the sushi) The clean and big rooms. The overall cleanness of the area pool and loby. The nice and welcoming staff. The beautiful beach. The check-in process with the begs. The jacuzzi!!!

• Deluxe Room

-No Free Wifi -A bit too family location for a group of young adults. Though, we also heard from other guests that the hotel next to it was a part of the same complex (more adults, less kids) and you could also choose to get a room there and spend your time at their pool area. We were too lazy to check it out so I can't say anything certain though -Not enough sunbeds

+Excellent service. They let you enjoy the all-inclusive and pool area benefits well before check-in and after check-out +Nice ambiance, games and a fine rock band playing music at the pool area +Good food +You get your drinks surprisingly fast from the pool area bar +All in all, we had a blast there :)

• Deluxe Room

The rooms were a little bit damp and smelt of damp. The housekeeping team did try to rectify this but what ever they did did not seem to work.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The entertainment team worked very hard 24/7. an excellent choice of restaurants.

Check in was a complete disaster. We had a reservation for two rooms confirmed on Booking.com but the property claimed they had only one room for us. I had to throw a fit to get this resolved and then was advised that they might charge us more than the booked rate. Unfriendly and unhelpful. Not a great start to our stay here. This is definitely not a five star hotel by any normal standard but if you want great beach access at a good price and don’t care about poor service and mediocre food and activities, this place is for you.

Beach was wonderful and close to parasailing and other water sports.

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

Our family was very disappointed with the food selections. The hotel makes the reservation process so cumbersome to make reservations in the nice restaurants. We were stuck eating the buffet options.

Our kids loved the kid pool.

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

At this price you really shouldn't have to pay for WiFi

Good selection of pools for children. Good selection of food available. Close to the airport.

• Deluxe Room

The room walls are very thin so you can hear your neighbors clearly. This was annoying because we had several loud neighbors on your floor. The pipe in my room had a leak. The Wi-Fi was very slow or unavailable in some areas. The Wi-Fi is also not free so it doesn't perform well based on the price you pay. I was informed on booking your card would just be held and not charged but that's false information. My card was charged and I was only allowed to pay the remainder.

Really nice property. Spacious and very entertaining.

• Deluxe Room

-Although we came to escape it; it would have been nice to have free wifi (11US for 1 day on 1 device is a bit steep) but there are computers available with 15minute increments for .70 peso which for flight check in was great. -We required the use of room service only for whole milk for our baby. We were annoyed that there was an additional 4$US fee per use. Especially when we were calling only for milk. -For our younger children we would have appreciated an earlier dinner time even just 5:30 as opposed to 6. -The time share staff. They are ready to go the second you had keys, but we didn’t have difficulty getting away, just would have been nice to get settled first.

We were allowed to check in at 10am which was nice since we started our day at 2am, bell boy helped get settled, and we were checked on twice before we made it out to the beach. We loved that there were some non alcoholic beverages provided in the room (4 pop and 6 bottles of water), and they were refilled daily. We were very impressed with the kids zone, cleanliness, beach atmosphere, restaurants and snack bars. From the moment we arrived we were treated with respect and greeted with smiles. These employees are keen to please. The pools were wonderful and a large gym with adequate workout equipment for many guests. We found the shows to be engaging and varied tastes. The most fun was getting to enjoy a different ‘festival’ of food each day. We had Mexican, Carribean, Italian, Parisian, Tour of the World and even a wine sampling....all at the buffet restaurants. Our kids (ages 4, 2 and 8months) we’re treated well and had ample to choose from for food eve with a separate kids buffet. We were provided with a crib free of charge upon check in! We would definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Room

After arriving at the Grand Solaris, a very pushy person started to try to sell us timeshares. It was extremely rude and uncomfortable. Also, the walls were very thin and you could hear people doing all kinds of things in bed...

When we arrived, they gave us a free upgrade to the Grand Solaris.

• Deluxe Room

The restaurants were not very good. There were only a few that were enjoyable, which were the snack bar and pizza bar. The other restaurants were lacking flavor in all of the food.

The outdoor amenities were AMAZING! I enjoyed being outdoors and the location of the resort.

• Deluxe Room

Had an issue at the gift shop but the manager of the hotel fixed the situation

I liked all the amenities and how the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The staff was amazing except for a difficult experience at check-in. I had already paid for 50 percent of the stay but the credit card I originally used was canceled due to fraud. They didn't like that I couldn't produce the card so they had us pay 100 percent of the stay and said they'd refund 50 percent that day. They didn'T. I had to go back to the front desk 2 days later and go through the whole conversation again and then they finally gave me something saying they'd refund it soon. Not a pleasant experience.

Excellent and gorgeous location and all easily accessible in hotel. Surprisingly nice gym, too.

• Deluxe Room

Kids went every where no adult time with out kids around food sucked

The food sucked no adult areas kids went in every bar area and no adult pools.kids went every where.

• Deluxe Room

Beds were not very comfortable. The food choices for the snack bar were limited. Also, snacks/food should have been available more often throughout the day/night.

Entertainment was really good, the staff were excellent, friendly, professional.

• Deluxe Room

I didnt like that they had a stand up shower.. I had my 1 year old son with me and I would have perferred a tub. Stand up shower was unsafe for him.

Customer Service and the great hospitality

• Deluxe Room

Beds are a little stiff and had to pay for WiFi.

The staff was amazing! My kids loved the water park and nightly shows. My husband and I enjoyed a couples massage!

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

Bed cover got not soaked but wet probably because of the moisture and it bothered us a little bit when we went to bed.

Food was good and bad depending on which dish you order, but overall it was great considering the cost. They changed our hotel from Royal Solaris to GR Caribe by Solaris. Mini club became further because of this, however, we were able to use GR Caribe facilities.

• Deluxe Room

The choices on the buffet were unimaginative & lacking at times. The method of approach for the timeshare sales came across as a little sneaky. Would've preferred a more direct approach. It would feel more honest & less awkward for all.

Location, beach was stellar, liked the shade sails over the pools, liked choices of pool areas and adult only hot tub, the lobby bar in GR Caribe area.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

There is limited number of restaurant without too much different choice. Also, recreational items in hotel is limited.

The environment is great and beach is beautiful and clean. The room is clean and comfortable. The show every night is great as well.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

the food was the same, the first day it was ok then it got old except for the lady doing omelets she was great. The staff lied to us about everything guess that's true of all resorts. You get what you pay for.

pool, beach, wonderful spa, view

• Deluxe Room

Too much interference by beach personnel one Mr. Lopez at the reception was very unfriendly. His English was poor

Snacks and drinks available all day Late breakfast special restaurants with special food sandy beach clean towels every day evening entertainment

• Deluxe Room

A week before our arrival at the hotel, we encountered a personal problem. We asked for a number of times to shorten our stay in the hotel from 5 nights to 3 nights, we had to return to Israel. The hotel whenever we asked answered they did not want to confirm us! Again and again we asked, and again the answer was - not happy but paying a fine of $ 643. In the end I left alone and my wife / wife remained alone. This is how the hotel relates to a sudden customer request? ???? It was true that the policy was pre-written, but? ......

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

Horrible food room no cleaning never coming First of all the security is horrible. A drunk.man entered my daughters room which is so dangerous and disturbing.my kids were afraid to enter into their rooms by themselves. I dont know what kind of managment they are running. The food was horrid...same food everyday and it was terrible. The quality of the food was horrible, a two star hotel would have better food. When I checked out and payed for everything including the wifi right before I left and am getting in the car..the worker at the front desk,carlos lopez, threatened to call the police for 50 dollars charge on wifi that I have already payed for. The buisness they are running is.unethical and they try to rip you off like no other..I.do not recomend this place for anybody to stay at. A waste of time and money!!

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

The food quality was horrible, worse than bad hospital food. Poolside food was okay per my kids. Most was inedible by American standards. The dinner was the worst. The Chocolate Festival food was literally only watery chocolate milk. They ran out of poor quality chicken nuggets at 8! We all left still hungry. Breakfast was likewise terrible. The bread was the only thing edible. The facility was more on par with a cheap motel. My kids summer camp facility was nicer. Thankfully we only stayed one day to be close to the airport.

Interconnecting large pool with adjacent kids pool and play area was great for the kids. It was really easy to get food and drinks for the kids at the pool. There is a pizza and sushi station I waited in line for while they were swimming. Once the food was ready the kids ate poolside. Everything is included which made things even easier. The view from our room was spectacular!

• Deluxe Room

They tried to send us their sister hotel, at first we could not get it but a shuttle came to pick up us after 5 minutes and we arrived there (about 250m far door to door). We refused to stay there since we had not booked that hotel. They claimed we can use all facilities in Royal Solaris Cancun even staying that hotel. The problem about the new hotel was that: We had to walk about 500m for all activities for kids. And we did not accept it and wanted to return back the hotel we booked. They accepted it but we had to wait more than 10 minutes in the shuttle to go back. Because there was only one bellboy serving both hotels and he was helping other guests at that time, (Yes he also drives the shuttle). Another problem they did not provide any information about the facilities/restaurant, we had to learn everything by ourselves. For example, they have an ala-carte restaurant which does not need reservation however on Wednesday they need, but we learned this at the door of the restaurant.

The lady who cleans the room was perfect, every day our room was very clean. The pool water was warm and my kids were very pleasant in it. Food was ok Facilities for kids were good enough, my children loved the mini club pool and slide there.

• Deluxe Room

Staff often not friendly and often not helpful, room small and old and a little dirty when we checked in, whole place feels cramped

Nice beach, had marina on the lagoon side

• Deluxe Room

The general food place (don't remember the name) has a very basic food, almost nothing for children. The food variety is not so big. We used it for breakfast only. Lunch is better to eat from the buffets at the pool area and Dinner - at the Italian restaurant. Registration and form filling is everywhere - a bit old style. Why not to print out the guest list and mark V everytime we enter a restaurant or the kids pool?

We got a room upgrade to somekind of a suite with a separate room, huge balcony with ocean view. It was one of these low floor rooms on the flanks of the hotel. Really good for families, have microwave, many place for the kids to play. The staff is really friendly, trying to give the best service they can. Food - Pizza and Sushi buffets at the pool area are very good. The Burgers&Hot dogs sector is ok. Good to have the Soft Drinks machine at the front so kids can refill by themselves. The Italian restaurant is good.

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

We were with 5 months old child, and with strolley we couldn't move easily.

We liked mini club for our children and clean beach, also theatre and live music at hotel.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The hotel could be doing with a bit of a facelift. It was very nice but a bit dated in areas and some of the facilities weren’t great. If they invested a bit doing the place up it could be a 5 star given the extremly high standards the staff already work to. I also found it strange not to be permitted in to their Italian restaurant wearing shorts, despite them being a smart, tailored pair, worn with a nice shirt. Especially strange since I came back wearing a very causal pair of utility pants and was allowed in! A bit of a sexist policy actually since there were ladies allowed in wearing short dresses with legs showing.

The staff were absolutely brilliant. Veronica was a particularly attentive waitress by the pool who wouldn’t see you with an empty drink for long. But you couldn’t walk past any member of staff without them greeting you with a smile, “ola” or some other kind words. They all really made our stay special. I would recommend paying extra to stay at the GR Caribe part which we were given a free upgrade to on arrival. A more secluded pool and other facilities made you feel like a VIP!

• Deluxe Room

The door to our room was badly warped towards the top. This meant that every noise made in the hallway - maintenance, elevator, noisy late night guests - sounded like it was directly in our room. This made it challenging to sleep several nights of our stay.

The staff were very helpful, caring, and supportive. All concerns/requests we had were immediately addressed. The turnover staff did a great job over the 8 nights we were there, the food was great for every meal, and the drinks kept coming. Bar service on the beach was a huge plus. And definitely go to the theater, all three performances we attended were great!

• Deluxe Room

We had an all-inclusive package for this property. Everyday we would look forward to get out of the room to meet their lovely staff. Never got out of the hotel premises as we were throughly engaged by the activities within the hotel itself. They have a wide range of food options, kids area, multiple activities to keep one entertained. And they are very flexible too. Their entertainment staff is esp. lovely - Daira, Eugo, Frida, and all others are not just great entertainers but great people too! Would love to go back. :)

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

There is no real bar apart from the pool bar to enjoy drinks before/after dinner. The lobby bar really is just the lobby- not great for having a relaxing drink. We ended up going to bed early most nights as there wasn't a lot to do.

First time All Inclusive and so pleasantly surprised! There were multiple waiters and waitresses offering table/poolside service. Plenty of choice drinks wise and the food was superb. There is a main buffet room but both the Mexican Restaurant and the Marco Polo bookings only restaurant were amazing!

• Deluxe Room

I felt the quality and variety of the food was somewhat lacking. The mixed drinks were mediocre at best.

The facility and the staff were Awesome! It was a Great choice for our Family of 9 including 2 children under 3

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Bed was not at all comfortable! The payment process through booking was very confusing. Half on card, half at hotel.??!!

Great location, great resort, very nice staff!

• Deluxe Room

The insonorisation, i could hear my neighbor talking and since it was coco bingo night, they entered at 4:40 am and it was like they were in our own room.

• Deluxe Room

They "upgraded" forcely and sent us to another hotel 5 min walk which was smaller and had less facilities. The staff (Mirabel) could not give an invoice upon request but kept me waiting serving first other customers even knew that I am in a hurry, made me to fill into the form ( in Spanish) no English form...and in the end said that will send by email - but still did not send. Awful!!!! Also made a "big deal" of the adaptor for a laptop ( that is another story) All in all staff management was very poor and unhelpful.

It is Ok hotel

• Deluxe Room

There was a door in our room to the room next door and we got woken up a couple times due to noisy neighbours.

The property was beautiful and had everything we could be asked for. Staff were always friendly and accommodating. Perfect location

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Cost of WI-FI was a little high, timeshare representatives were very aggresive. RUN away from them!

Staff was excellent, Food was great, wide variety to choose from. Nightly entertainment was exceptional. Relaxing atmosphere. Wide selection of non-alcoholic/alcoholic beverages.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Arrogant reception staff who never listens but only interrupts. Had a feeling that we weren't guests there. And one more massive rip off - prices are given in USD but when you come to hotel they say USD are not accepted. Total misleading and bad experience to exchange into pesos again and lose on commission. Better come with pesos to avoid disappointment. WIFI 16USD per night. Are you sick?

Awesome rooms with easy access to the beach.

• Deluxe Room

The rooms were outdated but clean. Only two bars in the entire facility and the Beach bar closes at 6pm and the main bar closes at 1:30am.

Facilility, staff, food, the pool and the beach area were well worth it for the money! It was almost a 5 star service for a 3.5 star hotel. The staff were very attentive.

• Deluxe Room

Great value for price and service , a hotel with lots of activities, excellent service , super clean and comfy. i'll definitely be back for a longer visit next time!

• Deluxe Room

It's was little fard from everything

We went for 2nights custumer service was friendly.gaves is the key 🔑 and the towels then another lady came and showed the main attraction of the hotel she was nice also.we got to the room it look amazing we got ocean view it's was big and clean .they had few restaurants lots good food and snacks bar I really recommend and lots of drinks I really love the place I definitely caming back thanks for everything royal Solaris and stuff 👌

• Deluxe Room

The food was not great. It wasn't even good. It was mostly ok. A lot of things feel cheap, like serving beer in small plastic cups, even inside the hotel bar.

Lots of pools, hot tubs, the beach just a step away.

• Deluxe Room

The room was moist and had noticeable mold on the ceiling. The floor kept getting wet and the staff said this was because I had (briefly) opened the balcony door. This made the room uncomfortable to sleep in. Maintenance had to come up and change the damp sheets. My roommate and I kept slipping on the floor because of the moisture. It would have been a better experience if we had been allowed to switch to a different room, though the humidity/mold problem could be located throughout.

Layout of the pools facing the ocean was great

• Deluxe Family Room - 2 Adults + 2 Child (5 to 12 years old)

I did not know hotels still charged for local calls. Mini bar fridge did not work well so it was rare that could enjoy from a cold beer or beverage. No complimentary WiFi and had to Pay $45 for the weekly premium service and the quality was really poor.

• Deluxe Room

I hated the fact that they "upgraded " us and took us for a small and not good hotel. It's GR caribe by Solaris ... they kept saying that we could enjoy Both resorts for free ( but it's nothing on the GR caribe and you have to walk to another resort) I suggest if you book for royal Solaris, stay in royal Solaris or ask to see the other location first. It's small, one pool only, 2 restaurantes and that's it!!!! Royal Solaris is far so better... just disappointed!!! I paid for one and had to end in another....

I loved the location and people there.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel building is a bit overused ( 30 years old) but it was not so important. Some more inernational food might have been usefull, staff in "elegant" restaurants might be a bit more "professional"

Comfortable room ( just it is perfect for 2 adults, as we have been 3 person it was a bit tidy). Environment, staff, cleaniness, food were excellent !

• Deluxe Room

Too loud.. Annoying entertainers at the pool.... They had a surf board game at the pool and the entertainer was telling a 6 year old girl to do a "sexy poses"..... Not age appropriate. A lot of drunk and passed out guests. Old towels and plastic cups at the pool. Very cheap alcohol in mixed drinks, house wine is not drinkable. When ever you would order water, personal would look at you as you were an alien. Non-alkoholic drinks are only soda and sugary juices from concentrate. Hotel personal is very persistent to sign you up for the 3 hours presentation (+breakfast) and than sell you a hotel club subscription for 30 years.... Besides this the place is extremely noisy, the loud music at the main pool starts at 9 am. Later in the hotel lobby they have every night a dance party/dj, the music plays till 12 am. On the second floor (our room 1214) you could here everything, and than in the middle of the night the drunks starting to arrive, 3 am, 4 am, 5 am..... banging the doors and screaming, the corridors have a huge eco, if you are not drunk and passed out, you can't sleep with this noise. And the joy in the morning to find them drunk and passed out on the couches in front of the elevators... On the other note, the beach is not suited for little kids, very strong waves and under current

We book this hotel because it seamed to have a really nice kids club, which it did, however the room that we got after spending nearly 500$ a night was very poorly. It was located on the second floor, relatively small and very outdated. Mattrasse had a plastic cover on it, that made you sweat, the sheets had holes in it. AC conditioning wasn't adjustable, bathroom very small. For the 12 days we spend there, the hotel was doing a remodeling, constant banging outside and very strong chemical smell of paint in the room. Besides this the place is extremely noisy, the loud music at the main pool starts at 9 am. Later in the hotel lobby they have every night a dance party/dj, the music plays till 12 am. On the second floor (our room 1214) you could here everything, and than in the middle of the night the drunks starting to arrive, 3 am, 4 am, 5 am..... banging the doors and screaming, the corridors have a huge eco, if you are not drunk and passed out, you can't sleep with this noise. And the joy in the morning to find them drunk and passed out on the couches in front of the elevators... The best part of the stay was seeing and releasing little see turtles into ocean, but all the hotels do it in the area.

• Ocean View – Romance Package

Should of been more kid free zones and food could. Been a lil better and they had a Lil club or something with music

The staff was very nice the view from my room was amazing

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The rooms need to be redone , our room looked old , glad construction is already getting done around there . I don't think tile floors are a good idea for rooms by the beach . Fall Risks. The food was Ok ...

• Deluxe Room

The humid climate keeps wet clothing/bathing suits from completely drying, even when it has been hanging in your room for a day or two. We can't control the climate though. The phone number listed for Royal Solaris on my booking.com receipt did not work. I had to contact booking.com for a working number in order to plan our shuttle to and from the airport.

The Bogavonte Restaurant has excellent food and a view right on the ocean. Each meal was a nice, leisurely one with friendly waitstaff. Rosamarios (sp?) has a wonderful breakfast buffet! The resort is very clean and well maintained. Staff members are helpful with planning excursions as well as transportation to and from the airport. Royal Solaris has numerous pools and is on the ocean. Waitstaff also come to the sand to bring drinks as well.

• Deluxe Room

food was ok. nothing to write home about with the exception of a lunch at one restaurant and dinner at another

pool area and bar was great and beach was nice

Browse Royal Solaris Cancun-All Inclusive traveller photo gallery