Reviews of Safi Royal Luxury Towers 5 stars

Pino Suarez 444 Sur, Monterrey Centro, 64000 Monterrey, Mexico

#17 of 97 hotels in Monterrey

Disappointed experience

Horrible customer service from reception, room smelled like mold but we were moved and the new room was good, the tile around the pool is VERY slippery, AND booking says breakfast is included but IT IS NOT. The only thing that is included is a continental breakfast and ONLY for adults...hotel refused to give breakfast for children Nd made us pay extra per adult if we wanted a complete breakfast!!!

Very clean hotel

It did not meet my expectations.

The room was small and deteriorating.The beds were supposed to be queen size but they seemed twin size to me. The jacuzzi was not working.

The service in the restaurant was excellent.

Checking in was awful, the staff was incredibly rude - and I...
    • King Torre

Checking in was awful, the staff was incredibly rude - and I made note of their names. I will never return, in fact I opted to stay at a different hotel on my return.

Love the experience, exceeded my expectations
    • King Royal

The area around the hotel was pretty dodgy as it is not situated near the tourist area and I felt abit unsafe even going out for a walk to the nearby park during the day. The hotel was fine and perfectly safe though.

Beautiful views of the city and church from the window and for that price, this hotel exceeded our expectations! The pool was lovely with a gym as well and they close late which gives us abit of time to walk around before coming back to swim and relax. Big rooms and comfortable beds.

Comfortable

It is in downtown, but a few blocks away from the main strip, still walking distance

The room was very clean and comfortable. The parking and overall staff was very nice and friendly. The garden and pool are beautiful

Will not return, ever.

The air conditioning unit was extremely loud, did not cool the room and the bed was not comfortable. I was disappointed to find short black hairs all over the bathroom.

Good hotel. Sorprised because they charged me tax on the rate that I booked.
    • King Torre

I was charged the tax for the room. Thought that the booking already included tax, as is mandatory in Mexico to include the tax in the rate. I don't know if the hotel tricked me, or booking.com did not do its job.

I expected more.
    • Garden King Room

I had to change room because the wi-fi was not working. They insisted on paying in advance, because they did not accept a debit card as future payment guarantee.

average hotel. not lux at all
    • King Royal

old forniture. not comfortable bed. had a reservation with booking but they canceled and had to wait one hour to get the room. got a price breakfast included but only a part of breakfast was included and had to pay extra for the full breakfast. not a lux esperience as i expected

room enough big.

Excelente Hotel
    • King Royal

I needed to pay 10USD extra, apart from the price I have reserved on Booking. They were saying there are fees and taxes not included. It's a first I am paying more than I book on the Booking site. This was very unpleasant.

The whole experience. It's a great hotel.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room and bathroom...

So noisy! Woken each morning by birds (which I know can’t be helped) and the sound of jet washing. Really hard to sleep past 6am. Ice machine also rattles all night long. Check in took 25 minutes. No problem with booking or anything, just lots of clicking and stapling and chatting to other staff. Bar service took forever. There’s nothing really around the hotel in walking distance, but it’s good to use as a base. We were chased for a tip (which we intended to do on check out). The guy actually came to our room following breakfast, not speaking any English (which was fine, we don’t speak Spanish either, so the sensible thing to do would be just leave it) and forced us to add it on the slip we had signed for the bill.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room and bathroom lovely and clean. Housekeeping very helpful. Great shower, very important to me! Lots of hanging space, and iron in the room. Plug sockets near the mirror which is sadly lacking in a lot of places. Really lovely pool, could do with a few more sun beds.

The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable.
    • Garden King Room

The WiFi is terrible. This is a deal breaker for me. It caused me problems with my work and as a result, I won't be staying here again. Also, the hotel is not in a great area. It looks "central" on a map but it's in an area frequented by a lot of homeless people and there aren't many options for eating out - unless you walk to more interesting areas quite far away.

The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable. Overall, the hotel is decent enough. However .....

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The price
    • Garden King Room

The rooms in the towers are ok. The ones around the pool are not that good. If you stay there try to verify ahead if you are staying in the towers.

The price

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Felt like home
    • King Torre

Maybe more English speaking staff?

I stayed here while participating in the 2017 ironman. I loved it here, it felt like home. I didn't want to leave. Yes it is in downtown Monterrey but I did not feel unsafe at all. Staff was excellent, food was excellent, room was big and so comfortable and clean. Room service was so fast. Loved it here.

A beautiful hotel, but not a 5-star one
    • Garden King Room

One would expect that in a 5-star hotel most staff speak at least some English. This is not the case: only a couple of people at the reception spoke English, and the communication with the rest of the staff was very difficult. In addition to that, one would expect to have currency exchange offered at the reception. Again, this is not the case: I asked to change some dollars and they sent me on a goose chase around town because they don't provide that service. I would say it's like a 4-star hotel, definitively not a 5-star one.

It's a very nice hotel in the centre of Monterrey. The garden and swimming pool in particular are beautiful and nicely kept. The main square and pedestrian area are about 15 minutes away by foot. The buffet breakfast was really good, with an impressive variety of food on offer (but unfortunately it's not included in the room rate and quite expensive). Overall, my stay there was enjoyable and I would recommend it, also considering the excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

good hotel
    • King Torre

The hotel is centrally located within the downtown area. The rooms are clean but a bit dated. My room had a problem with the shower in the bathroom and needed some maintenance work. Fortunately without any complaining I got a new room and an upgrade.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Very affordable prices.
    • King Torre

WiFi very unstable all around the hotel. Reception and restaurant staff are not the friendliest.

Very affordable prices. Good breakfast. Comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Food poisoning
    • King Torre

Front desk staff poorly trained: checkin took 30 min, could not charge my card in many attempts; not polite; did not respect the first comes first served rule.Dirty room. They would knock on your door even with the DND sign. Area did not feel safe at all. The music from the corridors was too loud, woke me up in several occasions. I got a food poisoning after eating their room service salads. When I ordered room service (twice) they would always call me to ask for more details about my food. Really disappointed and definitely nog going back.

Breakfast was good value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Location and thats all.
    • King Torre

Dont ever go to this hotel Staff are not welcoming People are rigid stupid hotel Everything about this hotel is just making me sick of the experience I had. No way on earth I will stay in that place not even if they give me a room for free. I hate that hotel and I hate booking in it and I egret every second in it with no doubts and I will never ever come to it again. When you enter the hotel dont be fooled by the winning signes and awards, because it is the past no new awards because service is getting worse and this hotel is just a not as expected and rooms are old fashioned for such prices and I never recommend it to anyone or in any possible way ever in life. Travelled all the world and this is the worst hotel U have ever been been to with no exception. No to this hotel and not even in a 1000 years. They checked me in and when I was about to go to my room they were like no you cant go in with friends and it is the hotel policy and I was not allowed into my room, making me feel thrown like an animal out of the hotel! How possibly on earth a hotel checks you in and when you come in the evening to enter they tell you that you cant at 2:00 am!!! Such a hotel! A top seller also in Monterray! How would such a hotel win be a top seller where no respect is seen to customers! Then what the hotel asks me to pay 400 dollars for a room just coz My friend wanted to spend an hour chatting with me in the room and then left. Worst hotel I have ever spent my time in; dont be fooled by the looks, in Safi you will be treated like a garbage and am sorry for the expression but it is how I felt and how I have been treated and if there were any hotels free at the time I wouldnt have stayed in it. Regretting my stay in that place and I surely dont advise anyone to stay in that hotel. Looks nice but service is just horrible and not worth it. Please avoid this place if you are looking for a nice time

Location and thats all. Nothing else is good about this place!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Excellent value / central location
    • King Torre

The continental breakfast was a bit high for what you got and they could have supplied water in the room each day instead of just the first day. We don't drink so the option could have been given.

Hotel is very sound proof. Our room was right opposite the elevator and didn't hear a sound. The staff were very helpful. The price when we arrived was higher than when I had earlier booked but cancelled for another hotel. What a disaster of a choice that was... We ended up leaving the other hotel, which was a nightmare, and going to Safi for the last four nights.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

It was good on overall ! Definitely, we would come back, but we'll not eat there.

I think that food from the restaurant could be better. I think that based on the quality of the food was overpriced it. We ate the breakfast buffet, and the beans,and barbacoa were cold.

I really liked the location, cleanliness, and customer service of the place. The staff was very helpful and had a good approach toward our family needs.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

nice and clean, during the second and third day

Not able to use cellular phone in first room assigned, moved to another room second day,and this one was very nice and clean not like the first one, why???

nice and clean, during the second and third day

Breakfast staff could have been more polite

Breakfast staff could have been more polite

good thing we did not spend much time in the room
    • King Torre

we were plane way in the back of facilities, we were show a very diff type of room.

Two beautiful days!
    • King Royal

the lobby and reception area is too small!!!

Nice and clean room with a spacy bath room

For a one day business trip, I guess it was alright.
    • King Torre

The bed and room could have been better.

Good hotel great location

Meals prices are very high

The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable

The hot tub didn't work

The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable

swimming pool is nice

internet connection is not working everywhere and is not very fast

swimming pool is nice

• Garden King Room

The property is tired and rooms need to upgraded. Dirty carpets!

Nice breakfast

Wonderful and peaceful

Towels

Special attention from staff

THE HOTEL DID NOT HAVE ANY RECORD OF MY RESERVATION.
    • King Royal

THE HOTEL DID NOT HAVE ANY RECORD OF MY RESERVATION. TKS GOD THEY HAD AVAILABILITY.

Horrible smell in rooms

Horrible smell in the rooms

Comfortable time
    • King Torre

Basura polvo en la habitación

My favorite hotel

Location is not too safe

Location is not too safe

Beautiful place, nice food on the restaurant, all the staff...

WiFi on 5ths flour failed constantly

Beautiful place, nice food on the restaurant, all the staff is great people

Big shower

Bed Don’t have microwave, mini fridge and breakfast too expensive.

Big shower Parking

The Room super clean.
    • Garden King Room

The Room super clean. Good rooms service.

Below average

The elevator broke down for three days. We were at the 3rd floor

Nice hotel

Little noise from outside...

Very comfortable

Safi Tower

Poor wifi inside room

Big room

Amazing will stay here again
    • Double Royal

The overall staff experience was excellent

Rooms are súper cozy and warm

TV pictures is bad

Rooms are súper cozy and warm

Very pretty propriety and very nice staff.
    • Garden King Room

Very pretty propriety and very nice staff.

They forgot to Invoice

They forgot to Invoice

Good building but organisation and maintenance not at the level expected
    • King Torre

Few people speaking english Climatisation in the room very noisy and old Sanitary old too

The breakfast Buffet

All very good

All very good

overall it was ok

also they should have a smoking area and they don't

the parking lot staff was very friendly, however the lobby staff was a bit rude

Near to city center
    • Garden King Room

Facilities, room accomodation, noisy air conditioning.

Near to city center

Check in was problematic.
    • Garden King Room

Check in was problematic. No one spoke English.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Very beautiful, comfortable and luxurious hotel.
    • King Torre

Very beautiful, comfortable and luxurious hotel. Friendly and helpful staff members.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double Royal

Nothing, absolutely love this hotel

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Excellent restaurant.

Excellent restaurant. Personnel is very pleasant and helpful. Loved my experience! The bed was super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Really nice and a great value
    • King Torre

A bit too much noise where my room was

I loved the decor, and the staff was very courteous

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

We go thier all the time, it awesome.
    • Double Royal

They could add free breakfast..😉

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

awesome

nice beds

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

excellent customer service

excellent customer service

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Friendly and helpful staff.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The food and the service that the hotel offered.
    • King Royal

My reservation wasn't real and they give me a cheapest room

The food and the service that the hotel offered.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Excellent stau
    • Garden King Room

No fridge in the room Wifi a bit eratic

Great service, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Pleasant
    • Double Royal

Check out very slow, I have to wait on line for 35-40min.

Excellent service

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Awesome

Everithing

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice hotel with great service
    • King Torre

The shower was not working completely well, long wait to have cold water coming out...

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Eveything was excellent!

Eveything was excellent! The satff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

I don't recommend this place, the staff is very rude.

Staff was very rude

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Fun trip to Monterrey

No complimentary coffee.

I liked the complimentary drinks and perks.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Very comfortable
    • King Torre

The was no fridge in the room, the garden/pool area is a little noisy, but not that bad

The bed was very comfortable, the room very clean

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Good time enjoyed Monterrey, Mexico

Room service prices were a little steep or high.

Beds very comfortable. Pool was gorgeous and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

The front desk employees were pretty rude, not at this Safi...

The front desk employees were pretty rude, not at this Safi but in their Valle location. And here the bellboy told me my son had to leave the room and not stay there even for 5 minutes!!! This had never happened to me anywhere!!!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Everything was clean.

Everything was clean. The sheets on the bed were clean. The carpet in the room and hallways were clean. The shower, toilet, sink, was spacious and clean. The staff were very nice and helpful. The buffet was excellent. Really impressed!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The bell boy was not able to guide me correctly to my floor.

The bell boy was not able to guide me correctly to my floor. He told me to go to a tower and I took the elevator and the whole floor was pitch black it was scary jajjaaj

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Location was great one of the best for the area

One night while eating dinner I was asked if I wanted chips and salsa and before I answered the waiter place the chips and salsa from the table that had just left on my table after they had been dipping into it....

Location was great one of the best for the area

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

The room was always clean.

The people from the reception are not polite or when you talk to them, looks like they are not paying attention. The check in took too long to complete and the room was no ready.

The room was always clean.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Inexpensive.

The facilities were not up to par. The staff was rude. I went to visit a friend and they would not let her stay with me at the hotel despite having a king room that holds more than two people.

Inexpensive.

There are also 65 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Safi Royal Luxury Towers traveller photo gallery