2. Mexico hotel reviews
  3. Quintana Roo hotel reviews
  4. Cancún hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Sandos Cancun All Inclusive

Reviews of Sandos Cancun All Inclusive This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Retorno del Rey Mza 53 Lote 37 1 Sec A Km 14, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#88 of 200 hotels in Cancún

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: September 25, 2022

Very good and worthy.
    • Superior Room

The location is not close to the city center. If you are planning to leave the hotel, you should consider.

The staff was very nice and friendly. The property itself was very clean and well maintained.

Stayed in August 2022

• Reviewed: September 13, 2022

I had a really good time 🤗
    • Superior Single Room

but it was a little bit confusing from the beginning how restaurants are working. also on arrival was very very long check in, I was after my long journey and it really made me upset to check in for 1.5 h . The management definitely should think about it, as hotel is big but only two people working on the reception. for every question you should wait a least 20 min.

food was very good, stuff was super nice, entertainment, and activities was great! Room service also helpful! location is excellent! I like it a lot and would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2022

Very nice!
    • Superior Room

Housekeeping didn’t leave the proper towels needed every day

• Reviewed: September 5, 2022

Very Good
    • Deluxe Room

. The staff were excellent. They were very helpful and welcoming

• Reviewed: September 4, 2022

i loved it
    • Superior Single Room

some machines in gym and things in bathroom need maintenance

very comfortable, clean, very good service. everything you need available.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2022

Good
    • Superior Triple Room (3 Adults)

Food wasn't consistent. Some bland.

Stayed in August 2022

• Reviewed: August 23, 2022

The stay was great for my needs.
    • Deluxe Single Room

There could have been a ramp to get to the beach in addition to the rickety wooden stairs.

I liked that my room oversaw the pool. The manicure I received was GREAT.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2022

ok
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Restaurant service and lobby bar( just regular drinks and not even any nuts)

Pool area and pool staff

• Reviewed: July 7, 2022

resort was nice, food was great. not all staff was friendly

not much entertainment

food was good

• Reviewed: July 5, 2022

I enjoyed the activity the hotel held. It was fun to see the entertainment!!!
    • Superior Single Room

Some restaurants staff were not very nice attitude. food was okay.

the facility is clean and pretty. most of the staff was very nice. The hotel staff were cleaning after people leave the towel or drinks. I hope people stay there will also consider cleaning after them.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2022

quiet,relaxing perfect 4 days!

all good

very clean,exceptional staff

• Reviewed: June 15, 2022

excellent service great food friendly staff great pools Dissapointing beach as narrow and seaweed a problem
    • Superior Room

cleanliness of rooms and noise of weddings on property

pools and restaurants and service

Stayed in May 2022

• Reviewed: June 7, 2022

Wonderful
    • Superior Room

Great selection of 4 different restaurants. The staff were so friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2022

decent hotel with easy access to airport and shopping. front lobby staff didn’t really go out of their way to help every
    • Deluxe Room

the food was t great, portions were small and they didn’t have a lot of dairy free gluten free options

lose to Cancun snd on the hotel row

• Reviewed: May 9, 2022

Overall a pleasant stay, I would recommend..
    • Deluxe Single Room

On the first day when I arrived on 2th May 2022, the check-in line was too long and it was crowded. The front desk staff should get support during those busy times. Another suggestion is for the seek and go staff. The lady working on that desk next to the reception on that day was very grumpy and rude. She was talking on the phone with someone when I was waiting for her to help me to book for my antigen test and she was reluctant to answer my questions. She was not welcoming at all and she rebuffed actually, I was hesitant to go back to her to confirm my booking details. However later on the day of the antigen test (4th May), the lady working on that desk was totally different and she was kind and helpful. So please tell all the staff to take care of the guests in a professional and kind and decent way and always be welcoming. I just do not recall the name of the grumpy lady but you can find it out (2nd may around 3 pm).

The location was perfect. The food was really good and the facilities were good as well.

Stayed in May 2022

• Reviewed: April 17, 2022

Relaxing week away
    • Superior Room

Lack of communication, had to figure some things out for ourselves. More accessibility to drinking water.

Very clean. Nice views and location. Pools are spacious. Plenty of options for activities. Relaxed but fun atmosphere.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2022

I expected more
    • Superior Single Room

It seems they were understaffed, because everything was slow when interacting with the hotel. Restaurants often had a long queue line. I felt that they avoided booking the Japanese restaurant for me. I tried 3 times , and received different information about opening days, and ended up not going.

Some parts of the beach weren’t being cleaned properly (regarding algae), but this part was.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2022

A nice place for a weekend reset!
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Sandos is part of a vacation club, so there are some amenities that are just for members.

Sandos is a Royal Elite Vacation Club resort. The staff is friendly and helpful, but the resort is in the city, not like the resort I stayed in before which was farther out and more exclusive. It is a fun boutique resort with many amenities, but it is not a large resort out of the city. If you just want to experience the ocean, have a massage and relax - this is your destination.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2022

Excellent stay
    • Superior Single Room

the bar closes very early I wish could open until later

what I liked the most about the property was every single member of staff was very kind and happy to provide service at all time. I liked also the facilities, the beachfront and the restaurants I came here to make videos for my YouTube channel travelwonderfun regarding my trips in México and I loved it.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2022

Ok but shame about the shaded location and lack of breakfast choice and empty food trays
    • Sandos Suite

The breakfast buffet did not have as much selection as many other hotels I have stayed in, this may be due to the fact its a fairly small hotel in comparison to others in the area. Quite often the trays of food were empty and took a while to replace. There is only one bar near the pool that is open, which is also a lunch restaurant, so no where outside to actually sit around a bar. There is another Bar (Bar 2) that would be perfect as an outside bar area but was always closed unless they had a Mexican night which I think was once a week. The music around the pool is extremely varied and one day the whole afternoon they played rap music that was full of bad words, although that didn't offend me too much I was shocked and felt very uncomfortable for the other guests, I would not recommend taking children there as there is nothing for them to do and the music can be offensive! The al a carte restaurants were ok but nothing special. Be prepared to want to go out for dinner and take lots of money as Cancun is very expensive. Bar One was the only inside bar. It played the same 1980's music on an hour loop constantly throughout the day and night! Some entertainment at the hotel in the evenings, a couple of singers we saw were very good but not on for long. The biggest negative is the pool/beach, due to the fact by around 2.30pm all 3 pools and the beach become completely shaded by the tall hotel next door. So after 2.30pm you will struggle to find anywhere in the sun.

The hotel was kept very clean and Covid measures and masks were in place to ensure guest safety. The location was good for a nice beach and within walking distance to some lovely restaurants. Easy bus ride to the centre of Cancun.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2022

It was a great stay
    • Deluxe Room

I’m not sure what happen to my bathroom but I did see some mold on the shower wall

The staff was impeccable! They were there to serve and that they did!

• Reviewed: March 7, 2022

Good

The food was awful

The beach and location

• Reviewed: February 14, 2022

2nd stay within a year at Sandos
    • Superior Single Room

The food was not as good during Christmas. Im not sure what happen within the year but I wasn't impressed with the resturants. Room service food was better than the restaurant site.

This was my 2nd time staying at this resort. I saw some familiar faces within the staff that made me happy and my stay during Christmas a little more pleasurable. I like that they had premium alcohol this time around.

Stayed in December 2021

• Reviewed: January 27, 2022

The stay was comfortable and lovely, but not perfect. Please take my suggestions.
    • Superior Room

The room was surface level clean, but we noticed lots of rust in corners and on many items (lamps, mirrors, etc). The tub was pretty dirty when we first arrived. The tv didn't provide any streaming services. The WIFI was inaccessible for my friend, and spotty for me toward the end. the pool was definitely not as advertised - hardly an infinity pool, and needed to be filled. The access to the beach from the steps was horrible - a huge leap/jump! While the food was good, we wished at least one option was authentic Mexican food.

I loved the service from everyone - so kind and helpful! The bed was super comfy and huge. The view was nice, though it could've been better. The drinks were nice and always available. The food was generally delicious. The services from the spa were high quality and very attentive!

Stayed in January 2022