2. Mexico hotel reviews
  3. Quintana Roo hotel reviews
  4. Cancún hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Sandos Cancun All Inclusive

Reviews of Sandos Cancun All Inclusive This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Retorno del Rey Mza 53 Lote 37 1 Sec A Km 14, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#76 of 194 hotels in Cancún

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Deluxe Single Room

The music at the club was repeated the whole time I was there. Please put different music every night This hotel is mostly for couple The Japanese restaurant wasn't good at all . Boring too

it is ok if you don't mind that this place is full of couple. I love the Bali bed at the beach. I didn't want to leave that place. It was soo relax there. And Andre the server kept bringing me drinks.

• Superior Single Room

They hide my stuff in the security box without telling me, If I left my value stuff on the bed there is no reason to be lost

• Deluxe Single Room

They hide my stuff in the security box without telling me. That’s not right, if I have value stuff and I left it the bed there is no reason to be lost, it supposed that the hotel is secure.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2021

Fantastic
    • Sandos Suite

Despite the pizza, the food is not a high quality food, just regular.

We stayed at the hôtel in a "Beach front Sandos Suite" despite a terrible start, the room we had did not enter in our quality criteria for such a room, very hard to open the door to the balcony, noisy and stooping pairing. Nevertheless the receptions listened to our complains and gave us an other room in the similar category and this time its was fantastic. Spacious room and balcony and view on the beachfront and laguna. The installation at the hotel are cool but the very must of the hotel is the staff who works there. Always caring and listening to you and your need, shout out the Miguel from the room service who helped drying my phone, the pizzaiolo who prepares delicious pizzas and to Anibal who made my stay special with all the activities and good heart he put at work.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2021

• Deluxe Single Room

The property itself is very dated. Shabby linen and towels. I wished there was more authentic Mexican food available as I would have preferred this to the other restaurants which were mediocre to say the least.

The staff were amazing. Gabriel the assistant manager was extremely helpful. I do think all the staff really make an effort to do what they can to make guests stay enjoyable.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2021

Good Place, Awesome Cost-Benefit Ratio
    • Superior Room

Restaurants - Hours of Operation: Not all restaurants are opened every day and most of them are only available for dinner and not lunch. Moreover, the restaurants close at 10pm and there are NO food options after that (other than room service), which to me it gives a false sense of 24h all inclusive Room: My room had a great view but it also had cracks in the wall and bathtub. It also had a weird smell Airport Shuttle: The transfer to/from airport costs extra fee and it's ridiculously expensive (you are better off paying a cab by yourself) Wifi: It's simple - The wifi SUCKS

Value: Sandos has definitely the best cost-benefit ratio of all resorts I searched. It's definitely not as great as the top all-inclusive resorts such as Live Acqua, but it's also way cheaper than those places Food: Despite availability being questionable, the food quality is really good Service & Entertainment: Overall, the service was really great, ranging from bar and pool service to room service. All entertainment options were really great too

• Reviewed: August 6, 2021

• Deluxe Room

The beach is really small and narrow with a quite big slope towards the water. Waitress are really nice but they forget about ordered drinks by the pool. We also always waited for a really long time for a coffee during breakfasts. Breakfast buffet is the same every day. Concierges were amazing and always helpful but room service was not that ok. We asked a few times for extra bottles of water (because of heat outside - 2 bottles 330ml per head were not enough, especially if we do not prefer sweet softdrinks from a mini bar). There was always a problem with room service then - they either brought too few bottles according to our request or they didn't bring bottles for 6-7 hours. Once room service said to the concierge that our request was not fulfilled due to the card 'do not disturb' on our handle - but we didn't use the card... Italian restaurant doesn't have much to do with real Italian food. I guess chef haven't ever been in Italy and seen how this cuisine really looks like and tastes. Japanese restaurant was quite tasty but we had higher expectations. We wanted to experience Japanese cooking art in relaxing atmosphere but we got a chef that pretended to be a choo-choo and made strange noises while cooking. For sure it didn't appeal to us.

The room was spacious and really nice. Pools were fine and sunbeds were really comfortable. There are 5 restaurants available, so one can try different cousines there. The best were French and Steakhouse! Breakfast buffets and lunch (buffets and a la carte) were tasty. Music shows in evenings were also really good.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2021

• Deluxe Single Room

The hotel was a lot smaller than advertised.

The staff made a world of difference. Great crew.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2021

• Deluxe Room

Room service cart was so loud you could hear it in your room as soon as it exited the elevator. Tile Floors and jangling bottles and dishes was SO LOUD and people were getting room service at 3 am so it woke me up every day. House keeping didnt ever refill our coffee pods or our tissues.

Had to get up early to put your towel on a cabana bed. They go fast! But pool Service was excellent.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2021

Solo Birthday Trip to Sandos Cancun
    • Superior Single Room

I really liked everything except for the food at the buffet and the food from room service could be better, would love if they had authentic mexican food as an option

I really enjoyed myself, the staff was amazing Especially Kim in the Salon and Esteban in the Hibachi Room, the staff is warm and friendly and made sure every step of the way I was enjoying myself.. Im definitely coming back as soon as possible

• Reviewed: July 12, 2021

Staff was nice resort was meh
    • Deluxe Room

The lobby and the restaurants/bars were very warm to the point of uncomfortable. Plus constant bombardment with sales pitches to spend more

The staff and the location was great. The food and the drinks were also good

• Reviewed: July 10, 2021

Good option
    • Deluxe Single Room

hard to make reservation for some restaurants. many employees wearing a plastic mask that does not protect anything against covid. safe measures for covid could be better in general. room service is included but nobody answer the phone at evening, so you cannot ask for something to eat/drink. mini bar in the room is nice, but I had to ask the hotel twice to bring some water, since they forgot to replace some times. france restaurant is in the swiminpool bar, which does not make sense and it is hot (no air conditioned). quite bizzar eat france dishes and take a wine in a hot place. service (drinks) at the beach could also be better.

food is very good. drinks are also good. buffet restaurant has few options at lunch and dinner, but most of the alternatives taste quite good. bars are great, mainly the main one in the lobby. location is good. also, and mainly, it is a small hotel (compared to other 5 stars in Cancun), which is a plus.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2021

• Deluxe Room

Not enough on-site activities to partake in when weather was poor. Jacuzzi was not heated and no resolution was provided. Shower was backed up and would start overflowing. Constant noise at night from within the walls, like pipes. When you flush the toilet it would make a high pitched squealing sound. More vegetarian food options would have been ideal. I would have liked more current music options when sitting in the bar. It was very quiet in the bar for the most part and they had music playing in the background but none of the music was anything recent.

Staff was nice, drinks were good, rooms were always cleaned

• Reviewed: July 6, 2021

• Superior Room

A little hard to reach on the phone and e-mails are not answered quickly.

It wasn’t the largest but it was very nice and well maintained. The service was excellent and the pool was great. There was a lot of seaweed in the ocean so we hung out in the pool. The drinks were great. The staff got to know us and were very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2021

Hardly any beach left

Closer to the town

• Reviewed: June 27, 2021

• Sandos Suite

Some of the servers at the bar outside was very rude!! I waited two hours did a chili dog and a smoothie!!! It wasn’t kool at all!! But it actually was our last night we for bad services!!!

• Reviewed: June 25, 2021

My stay at Sandos Cancun was a pleasant and relaxing experience.
    • Superior Room

The only thing I didn’t like is that they could have had more entertainment in the evenings for those who chose to stay on the resort and not venture out much. The type of entertainment could have included more of the Mexican culture. That’s the only thing I didn’t like.

I really enjoyed the staff who were very attentive and polite. I enjoyed the food which had different options to choose from daily. The rooms and hotel were clean and there wS always hand sanitizers within reach. The events were okay but Mexican food night was my favorite. Whether at the pool or in a cabana along the beach, there was always a waiter ready to take your drink order and bring it directly to you.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2021

Sandos
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The hotel can use a face lift. I had issues with the sliding door, It basically didn’t slide. I didn’t address it with the staff because I wasn’t in my room a whole lot. The balcony rails need repainting and a lot of the equipment in the gym was out of service.

The staff definitely deserves a big thumbs up. They go above and beyond.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2021

Great value for money!
    • Superior Room

There are some things that made our stay unpleasant. First, on our arrival there was no hot water. The next day I went to the reception to complain and all of a sudden, the hot water was going... weird. Then after three days they stopped our water in the bathtub, but we were not using it, so we didn't care. The room was very dark, so I had to ask for an extra lamp to actually see sth. There was a problem with drinking water which should be given to our room, but actually smelled bad and was from the sink. Be careful also with the ice, I had really bad problems. The staff is not very helpful and they don't tell you things unless you ask. The wifi was very very bad, do not recommend if you need to work.

Great value for money, although I wouldn't give it 5 star. The location is great, the hotel itself is a little bit old but well maintained. The rooms are big and comfy. The all inclusive was great and there were many restaurants to choose from except the buffet, Italian, French, Japanese etc. The beach was clean, but the location of Cancun is very windy, so you cannot really swim. The room service was great.

Stayed in April 2021

• Reviewed: June 11, 2021

Great place! Gross food!
    • Deluxe Room

The food was terrible. Not much seemed edible and all restaurants located in the hotel were not up to par except the hibachi restaurant. The steakhouse was the worst. I returned my food and left. This is the only but major downside of this hotel.

Overall nive place. The room was great and so was all of the staff!

• Reviewed: June 8, 2021

Good price,good quality!!!
    • Deluxe Room

The bathroom’s zinc water had a smell that was a little bit awkward to stand

Restaurants’ food was good

• Reviewed: June 3, 2021

• Sandos Suite

They could have been more informative about COVID testing

• Reviewed: May 31, 2021

Cant wait to get back there!
    • Deluxe Room

The 24 hour room service , the mini bar, the restaurants! The rooms were good size too. We had a suite and a regular room. Our 3 kids had the suite but I think the regular room would be just as comfortable for them.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2021

Enjoyable experience.
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms were nice but some of the restaurant areas felt a little outdated.

The staff were amazing. All were very helpful and gave great service. The pool area was beautiful. We spent most of our time there.

We Price Match