Reviews of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun All Inclusive-Adults Only 5 stars

Bahia de Petempich SM 12 MZ31 Lote 14-02, 77580 Puerto Morelos, Mexico

#7 of 36 hotels in Puerto Morelos

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View King

The pools closed at 8pm. Way too early. The drinks were weak, the hotel staff responsible for cleaning my room stole my money. The night entertainment was very little to none. It was really quiet by 10pm at the hotel. And the food was HORRIBLE !

The hotel itself was beautiful and so was the room. And the staffs were very accommodating.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front Swim-up Triple

Our reservation was completely messed up which made one guest sleep on a cot. This made me extremely unhappy considering the rooms were booked since January and we traveled in May. I’m not sure where if the confusion was from Booking.com or the resort but they did accommodate us “the best they could”. Although I still wasn’t given a clear explanation as to how this happened when the rooms were booked several months in advance AND confirmed a week before we got there. We made the best of it.

All the staff were extremely polite, accommodating, and made us feel like family. It was a beautiful resort, but honestly the staff and the food is why I would return again.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

Hurricane weather kept us in our rooms unable to enjoy the resort, so had to check out early. Communication with resort and booking.com was very difficult. Resort owes us a $910 for 2 nights because we had to leave early due to hurricane and fear for our safety. Resort Security Guard told guest that 3 Americans were found dead, dismembered and found in dirty pool next door to resort.

Room was nice and the food was good.

• Junior Suite Partial Ocean View King

More casual outdoor dining options. All poolside bars should be open later. Also it was our third time staying at a secrete resort in 2 years and we extended our stay, but they offered no discount or upgrade for this. Any town for shopping and night life is a long, expensive cab ride.

Food was great but almost all restaurants were formal dress, which is crazy for a beachfront resort. Only place for breakfast was the buffet. Many beautiful pools, but none with shade. Staff was fantastic.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

The drinks were watered they gave you house liquor if you didnt specify a brand. The beach was horrible unable to use. No straws, pool bar closed at 5pm they took all the rafts away at 5. Everything closes at 5 except certain bars limited seatind at those bars Pool has very little shaded area

Thr french resteraunt

No Complaints

Everyone one was awesome! They made you feel as though you were there number one and only priority! And they had hundreds of guest! Would recommend and definitely go again!!!!!

• Deal of the Day

I usually don't do all-inclusive resorts as in my previous experience they're not worth it in Mexico. I booked this one last minute as I had stayed in Playa del Carmen the night before and couldn't sleep because of the noise. The food by the pool was a let down. I think they cook with coconut oil and the salad tasted quite rancid. This same taste prevailed in other dishes I've had there. I ordered a beef sandwich from the pool restaurant and couldn't finish it as there was very little meat in it and it was some kind of processed beef slices that looked like ham or old pastrami. I've had much better food in other cheap places during my trip. The resort is noisy as there is a lot of entertainment going on every night, although this is to be expected in most all-inclusive resorts. I got a room facing the resort next door and was exposed to their loud music and screaming guests, fortunately it wasn't until late, I think it ended by 9pm. There is no way to switch off the balcony light as it shuts automatically by midnight. If you want a place in the shade by the pool you need to get up at 7 or 8am and lay down your towel which is what everybody does. The sandy area on the beach is small and I didn't see anyone swimming as it looks like it's very rocky and shallow

The room is big, very clean and comfortable with a large jacuzzi and spacious balcony. The resort is quite big and has several swimming pools, some less noisy than others. The staff is very welcoming and friendly and the service is very good. You will be looked after.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

No beach access, to wading in the water or going in at least waist high.

Great Staff! The entertainment team is excellent! Lot's of daily activities to choose from. Very good food quality. Many beautiful pools to choose from.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

Most days on the beach the seaweed was a little heavy in the water. We are usually beach people so that left us a little disappointed. Also, our elevator was out all week on our building - it isn't very fun to walk up four flights after too many mojitos!

Absolutely loved pretty much everything about this resort! Food was impeccable! Our favorite restaurants were Ratatouille and Oceana! (though we didn't have any bad food!) So many pools with many different vibes (read and chill at one or shots at the pool bar and push-up competitions at the other!) LOVED Miguel, Dylan and the whole entertainment staff! They even had my husband doing water aerobics and playing volleyball! The Spa was amazing! Best massage of my life and the hydrotherapy was so relaxing! Don't miss the evening special dinners and market nights! They were a surprise and some of our favorite moments!

• Junior Suite Pool View King

We were a group of 10 and it was nearly impossible to be seated together for lunch or dinner. We were very frustrated with their level of hospitality they had nonsense rules at the restaurants and they offered us to purchase a bottle of expensive tequila in order to seat us at a table for 10... that´s not ok! There´s only one restaurant open between 11am and noon that only serves junk food. The rooms are in desperate need of a facelift, the wooden doors in our bathroom were all broken in the bottom, floors were cracked and overall the rooms are very dated. The beach was not pleasant so if you are looking to spend time in the beach I recommend looking at another hotel that it is not close to Puerto Morelos because the beaches here are nothing like the ones in Cancun or Playa del Carmen.

Food was very good quality for an All inclusive and they served top shelf alcohol. The common areas were nice and well kept.

• Junior Suite Partial Ocean View King

The beach was nice but we were disappointed in the ocean water, dis colored water and not being able to walk or swim into the water. We stayed in Cancun several times and always enjoyed the beautiful beach and aqua water ...

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The staff, foods, drinks, activities and night life were spectacular...

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

One of the restaurants was closed 4 out of the 5 nights we were there. Air conditioning in our room was not working properly.

The pool area was great for lounging and the staff was very attentive.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View King

Nothing! Everything was great.

Mayra with the entertainment staff was amazing! We loved her. Pepe our Vip concierge host was courteous, kind and professional. The resort is beautiful. I we loved the Adults only atmosphere.

• Junior Suite Pool View King

My BIGGEST complaint is my Yoga experience.......I'll start this by saying I'm a Registered Nurse and Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher with over 15 years of teaching experience. DONNA was AWFUL!! I try to steer clear of giving negative feedback on resort yoga teachers but this warrants attention. Cardinal mistake for any yoga teacher to make is giving students hands on adjustments without asking the student if its ok to touch and adjust......well Donna did just that and then began to go back and fourth with me when I asked her to stop. You see I have a bum knee and as a daily practitioner I know my body and its needs, she tugged on my thigh which triggered my knee and when I told her to stop because I have a bad knee here response was "I didn't touch your knee".........Had she asked me before hand I would have said no to her hands on adjustment, stating I prefer verbal adjustments. Well her tug at my thigh sent shooting pain through my knee and it still hurts today!!! As a yoga teacher, teaching different people everyday on a resort its VITAL that Donna understands that she must ask before touching and NEVER argue with a student about their body..........Her behavior was so abrasive and left a bad taste with me, I really hope she is provided with continuous education and training needed as it relate to teaching at a resort. Out of all the staff I came in contact with Donna was my only unpleasant encounter, but just enough for me to give 4 stars instead of 5. A good yoga teacher knows you can cause more harm than good to a person if you don't ask questions and teach from a place of non-violence (Ahimsa). I do hope you address this with her

I booked this trip very last minute (1 week out), I got an amazing deal and all my needs were met! This was a quick trip to revive, renew and rejuvenate, I stayed 3 night 3/26 - 3/29. I used BD travel for transportation to and from the resort, as always they were wonderful! The resort is just about 20 minutes from CUN airport, upon arrival I was greeted by bell hop, given a glass of champagne and escorted to the check in desk. Uneventful and quick, they go over resort offerings and spa options, the also do a quick pitch about their preferred members club, after listening I told them I was not interested they said ok and it was never mentioned again during my stay. I was then escorted to my room which was upgraded from a pool view to pool/ocean view! In no particular order I'll give pros and cons PROS: The staff ( entertainment, front desk, grounds keepers, bell hop, room service, spa workers, beach/pool bar staff....EVERYONE!) makes this place all that it is, they are nice, fun, energetic ALWAYS spoke with a smile. I'm not usually one to participate in entertainment activities but Mayra, Omar and Charlie have a way of breaking you out of your shell. Mayra asked my name once on day of arrival and never asked again but always called my name as she walked by or to participate in events. I was truly impressed. The water aerobics, pool gamed and volley ball were so much fun and many people participated. During my stay Tanitia (sp?) the pool side waitress was unbelievable, she worked that pool with a smile and always seemed to appear when you were in need. And just like Mayra she asked my name once and never forgot it......I can't tell you enough how much of a difference that makes. Thank you Tanitia!! Although the beach is not great for swimming, its lovely to lay out. The pools are fabulous! No matter which pool you decide on for the day its clean with ample towels and hardworking wait staff.

• Junior Suite Ocean View Triple

The selling of other properties and vacations was a bit too much. When we got there it took a lot of time into our vacation which was very short. It that was not done, vacation would have been perfect

Rooms were absolutely beautiful

• Junior Suite Pool View King

Mixed drinks were weak. Had to order shots on the side. Ocean had more seaweed than you would see on the northern shore.

Pool, staff, rooms. No reservations needed for dinner.

• Junior Suite Swim-up Double

-Forget the riviera Maya, there was virtually no beach and the ocean was just NASTY. No one during my week there ever swam. Every morning you would find a new tide of seaweed on the shore, which made the air stink all over the place. It really upset us: we flew 13 hours to find out we were able to swim in the pool only. Very very poor location choice by Secrets. -All bars shut down at 1 am, after that the resort is dead and you can get beer through the room service but no hard liquors. -I found the cocktails very poor for what you pay. Premium liquors available but used only at your explicit request, mixing abilities of the bartenders generally low. -No shuttle service to Cancun (some resorts do offer it), meaning if you ever want to leave the resort you will have to pay 86$ worth of cab. The reception forgot to mention that you can also travel by bus (1-2$). -Finally I didn't like being forced to wear long pants and collared shirt at every restaurant but one at night. I appreciate how the management wants to keep it fancy but I want to be able to wear shorts when on vacation in the Caribbean.

The resort itself was beautiful. Lots of activities, the friendliest staff you can imagine, I found the food very good in all restaurants.

• Junior Suite Partial Ocean View King

They tried to charge me an upgrade fee on top of the money to upgrade the room. The breakfast choices were limited. The hibachi is a headache to book as you have to come down between 330-5 and make reservations in person.

I liked that they kept the room clean. The view of the ocean was beautiful. The drinks were tasty and the staff was extremely friendly. Once they knew our names they treated us like family

• Preferred Club Honeymoon Suite

The Prefered Club does not add any value, dont take it! The beach is unusable, full of rocks and seaweed. Nobody entered the water in my 4 day stay. The food in the restaurants during the night is mediocre

nice spaceous room

• Junior Suite Partial Ocean View King

They have trouble accommodating large groups at the restaurants for dinner. Be prepared to eat at 9:30pm if you are more than 6 ppl.

Staff very friendly and respect guests (for example entertainment staff not pushy if you say no). Great mix of entertainment and quiet spaces.

• Deal of the Day

Noise--shouting etc--from fellow guests at the pool and the Asian restaurant; much of the entertainment; high prices at the spa; and too windy for kayaks most of the time.

Competent and friendly staff; excellent food at a variety of restaurants; the spaciousness of the room, and a few of the entertainers.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

That you couldn’t go very far into the ocean

When we arrived they greeted us with a wet towel that smelt amazing and a glass of champagne. The check inn process was quick and easy and they delivered exactly the room we asked for. The entertainment staff was amazing, there were tons of loungers available that they put cushions on for you. And always people coming around seeing if you needed drinks. They treated you so good at all the restaurants and the food was the best I’ve ever had. They had deals to the spa 2/1 and we went twice and it was the best. We will be going back

• Junior Suite Pool View King

The room and hotel rules were the real downside of this resort. Our room was in building 4 on the top floor. We had a nice pool and even a little ocean view. The first problem was that the elevator was not working for the entire 6 days of our stay. We had to use the dirty service elevator in the evenings when my wife had on high heels and didn't want to navigate the stairs. The room was spacious but tired. I don't know if the tub was dirty or just worn out. The lighting in the room was horrible, especially in the bathroom when trying to shave or apply makeup. The minibar was sub par to say the least. This is a high end all-inclusive. Where were the snacks and in room liquor bottles? Our drapes did not close all the way and so we were awakened by the light coming through the six inch opening every morning. The room was also very noisy. Forget about sleeping in on vacation. You could hear everything happening in the rooms and hall around us not to mention the service vehicles' backup warning at 6:30am. The restaurants wouldn't let our party of 6 be seated for dinner unless everyone was present. The hibachi grill requires reservations made starting at 3:30. After standing in line for 30 minutes, I was told that I couldn't reserve a table for 6 unless one person from each room was present! When I ran back to collect my friends, the only seating available was for 9:30 pm unless I wanted to pay an extra $35 per person for a special seating and menu at 7:30pm. Why are you making pay an upcharge at a five star all-inclusive? The Oceana also required an upcharge if we wanted lobster. We were also disappointed that there was no free shuttle between sister resorts. We paid $40 round trip to visit Breathless resort next door for dinner and evening entertainment. The dinner was fine but the evening entertainment was non existent, much better at the Secrets resort. The restrooms in the downstairs lobby and in the restaurants also needed more attention.

The bartenders and serving staff at this resort all worked very hard for their guests. The servers around the pool, especially Karina, were always available and checked to make sure that we were taken care of. The evening entertainment was also wonderful. The shows were different every night followed by a half hour of live music outside before the Desires dance bar opened. The lunches and snacks served in the pool area were very nice. The exception to this is that they frequently had no chips to eat the guacamole and the seagulls would swarm you and steal your food the minute you sat down. They did bring out a couple of hawks on our last day to keep the gulls at bay. It is a serious problem.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

Unfortunately, the cleaners did not come round as often as we would have hoped and we had to call 4-5 times a day just to ask someone to clean the room. Addtionally, we had a plumbing issue on the last couple of nights and again we encountered the same problem with people not responding to our issue quickly enough.

The resort is fantastic, lots to do and a lot of choices for food and drink (with no hidden charges). We stayed in the preferred club suite and we were treated very well and we had a wonderful time. The room was spacious (had an amazing hot tub!) and the ocean view was perfect. Staff are very friendly and very helpful. The beach and pool service is top notch! Highly recommended.

• Junior Suite Pool View King

No major complaints. I did get frustrated at breakfast daily having to constantly ask for refills on my coffee.

We enjoyed our entire stay. The rooms were clean and the service awesome. We did have to call maintenance twice for small things but they responded within minutes. We participated in a lot of the activities they offered. The staff was friendly every where we went. It was a great break from our “work lives”.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

Nothing at all!! Maybe only thing is night life ends around 1am but prob a good thing so don't continue drinking all night long

The staff were so so amazing and willing to help and ensure you were having fun at all times. The all inclusive experience was amazing. The waiters and bar staff ensured you had a drink in hand at all times. The entertainment staff (Moya, Daniel, Alex etc ) went above and beyond to ensure we had an amazing time!! Pool time was my favourite as they kept us truly entertained. The restaurants on site are fab and food is excellent quality. The spa is amazing and the treatments we got were perfect. One day I will defo hope to return. We were on our honeymoon and the little extras they did for us in our room I will never forget. It takes a truly great place to make an individual couple feel special when they have alot of guests to take care off!! We had the best time.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

They had no record of our booking when we arrived and it took a long time to check in after showing various forms of my booking.com confirmation. THE SMELL! We needed to move rooms after our first night as the entire building was overwhelmed by a rotten egg smell. When we complained the staff did very quickly offer to move us, but made it seem like they were aware of the problem and just chance it when people check it. It was so horrid we needed to cover our noses and RUN to and from our room. The food was awful, particularly the breakfast buffet. Guacamole barely resembled avocado, it was more like a liquid avocado cream which was often served frozen still with chunks of ice in it. The Japanese and french restaurants, were only ok, but sushi had no filling and rice was dry. The seafood grill was the best restaurant, and steaks good too. All vegetables however were cooked beyond an inch of their lives. Not like the great food you get everywhere else in mexico. Drinks were advertised as being top shelf and premium, but when ordering from the cocktail menu you only got the cheap local spirits in sugary cocktails served in plastic cups.

Staff are lovely. The hotel is nice, the rooms were clean and inoffensive. A swim up room isn't actually swim up, instead it's just a ground floor room so you can walk out to the pool. Not what other hotels would call swim up. It wasn't bad, just something to be aware of. The pool(s) are really nice and there are loads of choose from. Yoga on the water gazebo was amazing! I wish I'd discovered it before my second last day - they should do it every day.

• Junior Suite Pool View King

Our room had a very strong mildew odor. So strong it was sickening. The room could have used some TLC. The tops of all the counters were warped. There were stains on the walls. Nice vanity area in the room but no lighting so could not be used. A strange protrusion on the platform bed was at a bad height and location for running into (gash on leg first day). As we went for New Years I was extremely disappointed that we were expected to pay an extra $260 Per Person to allow us into the New Year's Eve party. They stressed it included a bottle of wine and champagne but in my group of 7 there was only one person who drank alcohol. Plus it was an all inclusive...if I had known I would be treated as a second class customer I would never have spent well over $10,000 for my family to spend New Years Eve on the outside looking in at the fancy tables and classy band. Did I mention the vacation club pitch. We had a much better time at RUI Los Americas last year.

The staff was especially friendly. The SPA was top notch. The public areas were very well maintained. Love the make up mirror in the bathroom. The in room safe was in a good location, not on the floor like so many, and it had a light when the door opened,,,yeah.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

My husband and I both got severe food poisoning while we were here! We had read some bad reviews online saying they had gotten food poisoning, but we figured it would be fine because we travel a lot and pretty much never get sick. Oh man, we had so many regrets about ignoring those warnings. We had also overheard others talking about how they had gotten food poisoning as well. It was a huge bummer to have to spend a few days of our vacation stuck in our room near a toilet. They also wouldn't give you any powerade or saltines unless you called them through room service. Also, be careful booking the swim up room! This is not like your typical AM resort swim up with the pool right off your porch, we booked a swim up room and you couldn't even see the pool from our sliding door. You had to walk out and crane your neck to the right and the pool was still about 25 feet away. You could definitely not swim up to the room, but felt more like a ground level tropical view room. Not that it mattered too much because in the end the pool water was freezing and was uncomfortable to go in anyway.

The staff is the best thing about this resort!

• Junior Suite Partial Ocean View Double

Asian restaurant - hibachi grill seating - very good; regular seating and food in Asian restaurant -3 out of 10.

Transportation: only 20" from airport, so you do not waste time in traffic. Use "USA Transfer" to book your transportation in advance (have been using them for 30 years). (Do NOT get fooled by a different online transportation company entitled 'Transfer USA'). Check in and out is very quick. Room: The bed and pillows are comfortable and the room is large. Excellent water pressure and hot water. Pools: There are approx. 7 pools, so you could hang at the central pool for music, noise and activities or you can find a quiet pool all to yourself and maybe 2 or 3 other people. Food - overall very good. Staff very friendly and helpful when needed. Mexican restaurant - excellent. Asian restaurant - hibachi grill - very good; regular seating and food in Asian restaurant -3 out of 10.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

Our room was near the sewage treatment area of the hotel and reeked like sewage the entire time, even inside our room. The room itself was terribly mouldy, with visible mound present in a few different areas.

They actually had vegan labeled items on most menus. Bar area is nice.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

Food was below college dorm room food. Service was hit or miss. Rooms and buildings are dated. One of the bathrooms was missing a toilet seat...

Swim up rooms had nice, quiet pool areas. Beach was nice.

• Junior Suite Pool View King

I have nothing bad to say about this resort!

Silversands is an amazing resort! It is immaculate and well maintained. The staff is fabulous and the service is excellent!

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

I didn’t like the room at all. It had a terrible smell and the bathroom in the room was dirty. The maids did a terrible job in cleaning.

The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Deal of the Day

We were staying at the resort for a friend's wedding. We arrived early in the hope of an early check in but could not (which was fine), however we had booked 3 rooms and only 1 was ready at 3pm. With the wedding at 4pm, we all had to get ready in one room which was very inconvenient. We were given room numbers for the other rooms and were told to come back later for the keys. Later on we retrieved the keys and went to move our bags into the other rooms only to find one of the rooms had been reallocated to a couple who, if they hadn't put the latch on the door, we would've seen having sex! There is clearly no communication between staff. The next day we asked for another key one of the rooms and were given one straight away, no questions asked. This made us question the security of the resort, do they just hand out keys to anyone who asks for one? Overall, we were very disappointed with our stay at Secret Silversands.

The rooms were really nice, very spacious and luxurious. The bed was huge and super comfy. The wedding was wonderful!

• Junior Suite Pool View Double

I don't think anything could've been better than what it already was!

I couldn't have been happier with the choice to stay here. The accommodations are top notch and the food selection is second to none. Would highly recommend staying here and plan to do so again.

• Junior Suite Pool View King

Lots of noisy drunk adult americans. Some elevators didn't work. Noisy generator right outside some parts of the hotel. Clothing restrictions in most restaurants on premise. Ants in some places. Jacuzzi had some troubles to work sometimes, seemed like waiting fixed the issue though.

Lots of pools. Friendly staff. Fun environment. All-inclusive! Food was yummy everywhere.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

Pool/hot tub hours closed way too early. Resort does have some wear and tear on it- main pool has multiple tiles missing. Not that big of a deal however.

The Entertainment staff- Dylan, Gebran, Myra, Stephanie, Miguel, etc all top-notch!

• Junior Suite Pool View King

The food was not very good. I had an ok meal at the French restaurant Bordeaux and the hibachi grill but the breakfast and lunch buffet were not good. Unfortunately, the restaurants aren't open for lunch or breakfast so your only option is the buffet. The beach is nice but the water is full of seaweed and full of rocks so you can't really venture into the water.

The staff was fantastic! everyone was so friendly and helpful. The staff was definitely the best part about this resort. The rooms are also very spacious and comfortable.

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

The property is old and outdated! No atmosphere! Buffets area were like a cafeteria( inside a building) Missing any sort of Mexican flair! We found the staff were not as friendly as other resorts! Disappointed!!

• Preferred Club Rooftop Hot Tub Ocean View

Staff failed to follow up on my espresso machine after reminding them 3 times. It never worked and it was never replaced. House Keeping seems to be over worked. Rooms are not straightened up promptly.

It was an immersive experience from the start. Every moment of it was a memory to hold on. Great food , loved the beach bars, the numerous pools. Great breakfast. Fast In room dine in service.

• Junior Suite Swim-up Double

Can’t think of anything really!! The sea was not easy to swim in due to rocks but well taken care of and clean

Everything... this resort is 5 star the staff the food the rooms everything is wonderful we had a fab holiday

• Junior Suite Pool View King

Room wasnt cleaned for 3 days and we ran out of towels and toilet paper, we brought it to there attention 3 times

Staff and peole were very nice, hotel was really nice and food and drink were great. Room was nice amd comfortable

• Junior Suite Pool View King

Hotel is in the middle of nowhere and there is no courtesy shuttle to any locations, you constantly have to bargain with cabs that are trying to cheat you every step of the way. Rooms are showing their age and need redo. A combo of pressed wood furniture and moisture guarantees every every piece of furniture is puffed up/swollen. Although there are 9 restaurants the food lacked flavor, texture and taste. I would rate the food quality poor, although the quantity and variety is great. Staff are friendly, however majority of them know close to zero English outside of the standard service level phrases. Bartenders were clueless. Cocktails were made so poorly they were undrinkable. Stick to pure alcohol or beer. House-keeping was very slow and would arrive in the afternoon when we were sleeping. Beach water is muddy, out of the hotel's hands but keep this in mind if you are looking to enjoy the ocean. My fellow Americans at the main pool. Drunk, loud and obnoxious during the day. Stay way from the main pool unless you truly miss spring break. Overall Cancun feels completely lawless. Everyone outside the hotel is looking to cheat/lie/steal from you, totally ruins the vibe. One tip, do not rent a car under any circumstance.

Hotel grounds are beautiful. Colorful and very well maintained. Beach sand is clean and maintained constantly. Staff were very friendly and always helpful. Pools (except the main one) were very clean and for the most part quiet and relaxing, especially the one surrounding the SPA. Free water toys.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

There are a couple of concrete squares by the pool that were very slippery. Every day, we saw at least 3 people slip and fall on this one particular spot by the pool. This needs fixing. We paid extra for the preferred club which wasn’t really worth it. The club needs to bump up what it offers to make the cost worth it.

The entertainment staff was excellent. Dylan, Charlie, and Jabron went the extra effort to make each day fun! We played sand volleyball each morning with staff and guests. Each day, they set up a “buffet” lunch by the pool that is authentic and delicious. This included steak tacos with homemade tortillas, brick oven pizzas, fire grilled chicken, guacamole, salsa fresh fruit, etc. They do not have to do this since there are lunch restaurants but again, they go above and beyond. We have visited several all inclusive resorts and this place gets 5 stars for the staff attitudes and work ethic. They are truly awesome!!

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

The resort was not crowded even though it was mostly full. I didn't use the beach but I was in almost every one of the pools. The staff is beyond helpful. All they want to do is please you. When I went into one of the restaurants and something wasn't on the menu that I was expecting I decided to eat at a different restaurant. Daniel the manager of the Ocean Grill followed me calling my name. He asked why I was leaving. I told him because what I wanted was not on the menu today. He told me that if I came back they would make me what I wanted even though it wasn't on todays menu. This is a sign of truly attentive staff. The bar tenders were very aware people were waiting for drinks and you didn't wait long. Drinks were made to your specifications or from specials on the menus and they were always finely prepared and delicious. I have been to this Resort before and equally had a fantastic time. When I got there this year I asked if the general manager that had so well looked after me last year still worked at the facility. I was told he did. The front desk person called Mr Rodger Carrillo, told him I was there and he came out and greeted me near the front desk with a big hug and a warm smile. By the time I checked into my room there were rose petals covering the bottom half of the bed spelling out the words "welcome back"! I traveled solo for both of my trips here and I could never have felt safer. The staff gets to know you after a day or so and starts to greet You by name. The waiters remember your drinks at dinner or what is your favorite soup. Attention to detail by the staff was very much appreciated. I can't wait to go back to Secrets Silversands!

• Junior Suite Partial Ocean View King

beach water has too much rocks making it hard to walk and have fun. the beach there is more for walking along or suntanning or doing some kayaking etc. I believe that the premium beaches are in cancun therefore this hotel makes up for the lower standard beaches but making this all unlimited luxury hotel where you don't have to make reservations and you can go an unlimited amount of times (as one example of many)

Staff goes above and beyond expectations to ensure your stay meets your satisfaction no matter what. Just make sure to let them know while you are there rather than wait until your vacation is complete and make a bad review. The restaurants, buffet, room service is amazing! the rooms are very clean and everyone always smiles and says hello from the gym staff, gardeners, servers, cleaners, managment, entertainers etc. everyone works as a team and seems to have very good company training as well as amazing culture. Beaches are not great as far as many rocks so it makes it hard to walk in the water. but the beach is very long and allows you to have a romantic walk. The sand itself is typical white powder and the staff are constantly working at removing the seaweed. We learned that it is great to just rest on the beach to walk and listen to the waves but if you want to cool down, get drinks quicker and be entertained by the staff then it is better to stay by the fine array of pools. The drinks are truly strong and as they advertise...premium, They use the johnny walker scotch, crown, etc. THe bartenders make anything you want and they are extremely fast.

• Deal of the Day

If you want to experience the culture of Mexico, don't stay in an all inclusive resort. Hen parties, anniversaries and honeymoon central - it wasn't for me.

Beautiful, spacious rooms, light, airy and impeccably clean. Excellent service and good food for an all inclusive resort.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

The rooms were very dated and badly in need of modernising, The AC in the rooms was way to cold and didn't function properly and the beach was terrible.

The staff is what makes this place, each and every one of them were outstanding.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

They would not let us check in early and we had to keep going back to the front desk The restaurants were not air conditioned No music at the pool

The staff was excellent (Miguel in Entertainment) - The Food was wonderful The Hotel was very Clean Top Shelf Drinks Felt very safe there Everyone did everything they could to make you happy - could not ask for much more The service was magnificent - never really waited for anything

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

There should be some music at the big pool during the day. If someone doesn't want to listen to it, there are plenty of infinity pools to use. ,'

The food was excellent and staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front Swim-Up King

The beaches are really bad. It’s in a reef, so no clear, teal blue swimming areas, just rocks and sea weed. For someone who loves to swim in the ocean, this was my only disappointment. We drive down to Maroma Beach to swim and ride wave runners.

Food was amazing, lots of options and entertainment. Staff was fantastic!

• Junior Suite Pool View King

The food was terrible and you had to wait a long time

The entertainment was awesome! Jonatan, Emmanuel, Charlie, and Gibron made it very fun and exciting everyday!

• Deal of the Day

Beach was nice but entrance of the sea was rocky with a lot of algae, they dont have buffet at night; a la carte restaurants were nice really but still they'd better open buffet also for dinner

Good Food (no need to make reservations for a la carte restaurants), great staff, nice night shows, good cocktails, nice n clean rooms with spa bath, Spa of the hotel

• Deal of the Day

Wasn't able to access the beach as I planned and at night time for whatever reason my room had a distinct smell that was pleasant until about early morning..

The atmosphere and workers were awesome!! It wasn't too young of a crowd or too old.. FOOD, DRINKS and ACTIVITIES were AMAZING...

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

The spa is very small and twice we had to ask to have the dry sauna looked at because it was not hot. The hotel in general is older and it shows. The pool was HOT, all day and night. The beach was awful, seaweed everywhere and the chairs on the beach were very uncomfortable. We have stayed at many other secret resorts, but this was by far our least favorite. The swim up rooms are not swim up rooms at all. You have to walk across the grass to get to it, and it closes at 8pm. We were asked to get out of the pool after that. We always rent a swim up room and have never been asked to get out before.

The food and entertainment staff, specifically Charlie, at this Secrets resort were great. Charlie made all the fun happen and got us up and moving around during the day and at night. Karina gave me my massage (two days) and was amazing. She really listened to my ques on pressure.

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

Did not like sales pitch upon arrival. Floors very slippery in rooms and showers. Room not clean when we first entered. Lots of Hair in bath tub. Right side Sink clogged up and never fixed after 3 requests. Safe was broken and never repaired after 2 requests. Outside porch bed dirty with rusty stains. House keeper walked in our room at 8 pm unannounced.... yikes Pools were very warm. Not many bathrooms near pool but a lot of people, I mean a lot like ~100 + people drinking in the pool all day. This means..... yes most don't bother to leave the pool to use facilities... Gross.

I have traveled extensively to Mexico. Nice overall experience but could use imorivements.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

My luggage was lost for two hours upon arrival, and the water faucet came off when I tried to turn it off. I fixed it, but that was after water spewed.

Mayra the director of activities was fantastic, so was Jessica the bar waitress. Oscar the pool bartender did an excellent job as well.

• Junior Suite Pool View King

Not close to anything. Taxi fare too high to get to town. Main pool water was not clean. Lots of stories about guests items being stolen.

all inclusive aspect.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Preferred Club Rooftop Hot Tub Ocean View

This was the absolute best honeymoon we could have EVER asked for. I did a TON of research on All-Inclusive resorts, and this was one of the most reasonable by FAR that also had the reviews I was looking for. We came in to our room and it was covered with roses, there was champagne and a sign on the door for our honeymoon. We had never done a vacation like this one before, and thought that it would be a one time thing for our honeymoon. By the first day we were saying this would be an every 5 years type of trip! The All-Inclusive can be intimidating because you pay it ALL at once, unlike any other vacation. But with all of the incredible food, incredible drinks, activities, amenities, it is SO worth it, and more comparable than you would ever think to an average vacation. We were in the most expensive room, and it was still beyond reasonable. We had the rooftop jacuzzi suite, and could sit out there at night and just listen to the live music at the Veranda bar. The poolside servers are wonderful, the bartenders, waiters, waitresses, host and hostesses were all so friendly and helpful! It was honestly the most incredible week, and a whole new level of relaxation! If you are skeptical of if an all-inclusive is really worth it, or if there is a catch, it IS worth it, and there is NO catch!!!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View King

Our only negative thing that we could think of was that the bars didn't open until 10am. Luckily for us we had access to the preferred club and could get drinks before!

What did I not like?! We were greeted with champagne and a cold towel after our 12 minute ride from the airport as soon as we got there. We had opted to stay in the preferred club, which was worth the extra money. We were sent to the preferred club immediately and checked in there and had requested early check in and received it. Our room was spacious and filled with birthday balloons and champagne for my 30th! Our mini bar had a great variety and the daily snacks were a nice bonus! Our view was of the main grounds in the middle with an ocean view in the distance. Beautiful! The food was absolutely amazing everywhere we ate ranging from the buffet by the pool to the options at dinner. My personal favorite was Bordeaux, the French restaurant. El Patio was my husband's favorite meal of the week. We did not eat at Ratatouille. We also enjoyed room service for breakfast and late night snacks, was always to our door within the 35 minute time frame they gave us. We were extremely impressed by the entertainment staff at the resort. Some of our favorite staff members were Mayra, Estepahnia, Jazz, Anna, Jonathan, and Charlie. We were amazed that several of them knew our names within a day of formally meeting them on our stay. They were all very professional and personal with everyone that participated. The activities they put on for us were wonderful, including and not limited to, beach volleyball, darts, pool spinning, margarita tasting, wine tasting, sushi making, and bike riding into Puerto Morelos were above and beyond. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Love show they put on one night, absolutely hilarious, a must see! We were also impressed by the number of pools and different atmospheres that were offered. With 8 pools around the resort, you could always find a quiet place to sit and read, or you could join the party at the main pool. The wait staff and bar tenders kept the drinks flowing continuously.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

Lunch and Dinner times are way to early, and there are no appetizzers at the beach. Lunch starts at 12 and finishes at 3 but many places run out of the best stuff before 2pm, mostly the grill. Dinner at restaruants is fine but events start at 6.30 so if you have a tour you won't be able to attend. Taxis in Cancun are mafia like, they cost even more than New York, I think it's even cheaper to rent a car than grab 4 rides. Uber is "illegal" for them but they charge $30 min for almost any destination.

Great place, service was top and the food excellent. The beach is the best around and even being on a crowded part of Riviera Maya you feel like in your own private beach.

• Junior Suite Swim-up Double

Marketing description of 'swim up', not really 'swim up'. But certainly a pool outside your terrace with your own very comfortable loungers at their 'swim up' rooms.

Cleanliness 5* - people cleaning and maintaining gardens. Friendliness 5* - staff always smiling and greeting you day and night. Comfort 5* - 5ft Bed very comfortable, stayed in a Master Suite (and to be honest is too big for 2 people, lost the wife twice!). Food 4.75* - Very very good, but not quite 5 stars, with a good choice of restaurants. Entertainment 4.5* - Very good, from afternoon pool activities to evening shows. Bars 5* - Top shelf brands with good service and no attempt to skip on serving like some AI's we have stayed at in the past.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View King

The staff were unhelpful! Work was being done in the room next door to us so very disruptive. All round very disappointing.

The entertainment team were amazing!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Junior Suite Pool View Triple

It's definitely more geared toward couples. Non couples may feel a little out of place. There's lots of pools but only one plays music or has a bar so we didn't really spend time in the other pools.

Property was expansive but not too big. Staff is very friendly and fun. We were able to fully relax and enjoy our trip with no issues Food options are decent, staff is extremely helpful and kind. We had a great experience with everyone we interacted with

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View King

Would love to have lunch served right at the pool that would make it perfect.

Swim up room was incredible especially the view. The food and staff were amazing. This was our sixth visit to this property. Absolutely love Secrets Silversands.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

Concierge told me misguided information ended up owing over $100 I did not expect to my room bill. Called each day to ask for a refill of water bottles around 7am and reminded them again around 10am never came until they cleaned our room in the late afternoon. Not sure what the concierge was there for. Beach had nice places to sit, but couldn't really swim in the ocean too much rocks seaweed cloudy water. Tried the night club one night it was 4 old ladies looking at 2 people dancing.

Ocean view room was nice and seemed new, bed was comfortable, nice music, and nice bars throughout.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

They would not seat us all together unless we purchased bottles of wine.

everyone that worked there were very very friendly and very accommodating. We had a party of 12 and everyone had a great time!

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

PEARLA IN VIP WAS NOT TOO PLEASANT AND MORE CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING BEACHES NOT SO GREAT

PREFERED CLUB CHECKIN WAS GREAT GAVE EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE JENNIFER P WAS VERY PLEASANT AND WONDERFUL TO SPEAK WITH GAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View King

Rooms need more night time lighting.

I hurt myself at the airport and the staff at Secrets was so accommodating and reacted quickly to assist me. They sent medical staff to my room and I felt that I was in good hands. Luckily for me no broken bones! Our stay was wonderful and I would consider going back again in the future.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Junior Suite Swim-Up King

Beach area was a bit crowded. Hard to get a lounger or a shady spot under the hut. The room always smelt bad, from the sewer pipes or the moister or some such. Great that they left incense sticks in the room for use. Once inside for a brief while, you kind of got used to the smell and not noticed it much.

Loved the swim-in junior suite, with a private patio, lawn and lawn loungers, and the swimming pool literally steps away. Almost felt like having your own private pool in your backyard. Dining room services were good and food very delicious, especially the vast buffet. The pool, buildings and park-like grounds were very beautiful and pleasant.

• Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front King

Some of the finishes could use upgrading and it took multiple visits throughout the day to service the room.

The staff were super friendly and couldn't do enough for us!! The ocean view was spectacular and nodding off to the sound of the waves couldn't have been more relaxing!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

If we could stay longer

Had swim up Suite It was amazing Service was great Food was awesome both in the buffet and the restaurants ,pools were excellent especially the one by our room 9 quiet big and lots of sunshine) Service staff was always very pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Junior Suite Ocean View King

The staff sometimes knocked on the door too much if we forgot to put the do not disturb sign up...

The views, all inclusive food and drinks, and the activities

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Junior Suite Swim-up Triple

We 7 people in our group. At times they were not too accommodating for dinner with the size of our group. Since reservations are not taken, they should let bigger parties make them