Reviews of Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel 5 stars

5.2

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Not as expected
    • Classic Room

The room was not as advertised in Booking.com, not enough water pressure, the aisles did not smell good on the floor I was accommodated. Shower was broken and I couldn’t get another room. In my opinion, it was below Sheraton quality standards.

Employees were friendly

The only good thing is the location.
    • Deluxe Business Room with View

They do not provide a clear information about the hotel to the clients. My fare included breakfast, but they didn’t explain which restaurant could be used. They charged me 50 dollars extra for breakfast because I had breakfast in a restaurant that wasn’t included. They are very informal at the time of check in; the facility is too old and needs to be refurnished soon; they should place a roof on top of the pool; most of the staff are not so polite specially at the front desk.

The only good thing is the location.

Great location. Noise level outside and inside the hotel bwere unacceptable.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Next ti the US embassy. Sidewalk is blocked by the embassy. Side street has lots of activity. Noise from vehicles exiting the embassy. I was there for the marathon. All the police units were parked on the side street which we faced. Lots of noise.

The location is great. Hotel has a great gym.

Good but no hot water in the morning is a deal breaker.
    • Classic Room

At 8 am tried to shower, but there was no hot water. I even had to wait to even have warm water (time for this was around 10 min) I was so pissed that I did not even call reception to complain. Also the food was ok but there are many better alternatives near by.

The elevator was fast. The beds were also good. Some of the things you can expect for the price.

Great service
    • Classic Room

Wifi could have been better.

Honestly, this was the best service I've had at a comparable hotel. The staff were so friendly. I really felt like they were happy I was there.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The overal was better than expected
    • Deluxe Business Room with View

The overal was better than expected. I first had mix feelings due to some neutral to bad reviews from other clients. I then came to realize during my visit that these reviews can be fake from their competition to detour customers from booking with them. I give Sheraton a solid 5 star all around and I will come back to you guys on my future visit.

Great place great people.

No free wi-fi.

Great place great people. Staff was very courteous and helpful. I had forgotten a wallet inside my shoe and the cleaning lady returned the item as a sign of honesty. I am very happy with my overall trip.

Awesome!!
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food options for Vegeterian should be added.

Overall Experience was very good. Had gone for Visa stamping. Its location right across US embassy makes it really convenient. Deli has very good staff. Helpful and friendly. Over a good Hotel to stay at.

You will enjoy
    • Classic Room

No wifi on room, have to pay extra! That’s bad, they should incluide wifi

the staff, Carlitos the housekeeping was great, and Luz too, and other, the location is awesome, near and secure

The best location!
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms could use a a bit more lighting

The location was fantastic, you can find anything you need just a couple of blocks away, whether it is somewhere to eat, to party, great coffee shops, you name it! There is a metro station a few blocks away. It is very easy to get to the Zocalo, and some other interesting places in the city. The staff is very friendly, the gym and spa are great too!

Nice but not beautiful
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

The expectation for the hotel (5stars and Sheraton brand ) are higher, but the hotel do not respect it. The room are a bit old, a restyling shoud be appreciate. Shower into bathroom is really strange, I like that the sink is inside the bathroom (it is not so common in Mexico). The position is strategic, in front of Angelo de la Indipendienza. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Ottimo colazione, ricca e varia. Great international breakfast, with a lot of food choose.

Location, part of the staff
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool, not familiar, small and deep, no place for kids. I also asked for a crib and they never delivered it. The guy at the check in was slow and unpolite.

Location, part of the staff

Great experience!
    • Classic Room

They do not have speakers in the rooms connected to the Earthquake alarm, there was one and we heard it late.

Very good location, excellent service, we really had a good time!

• Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff at parking was bad. The room was a very small and floor was carpet. Supposed to include parking fee but they charged me. Parking staff and system were terrible. Second day of parking they didn't give the ticket to me. After checking out I had to go to airport but they didn't give me car for 30min bc I didn't have little ticket. I showed Parking fee receipt. But Kept sending me lobby n other parking box back and forth 3times. Asked me signed other form to fill out .... I barely made my flight. Inconvenient, rude.

Early check in was granted as per my request
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing was done for my partners birthday, yet I specified this at the moment of reserving. A little goodie plate or something showing a gesture would have been nice!

Early check in was granted as per my request

Everything was perfect, helpful staff who allowed us late check out free of charge, perfect location right outside angel of independence and comfortable, clean room. Would 100% recommend anyone coming to mexico city to stay here, especially for the price!

This is a credible and pleasant alternative for a change of scene from the historic center.
    • Classic Room

Free wifi should be provided.

This is an older, but extensively remodeled, luxury hotel on a pretty stretch of Paseo de la Reforma. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Transportation all over the city is readily available. Staff were very attentive and valet parking, onsite, was excellent. Value was good at heavily discounted rate.

High price for low service
    • Classic Room

1. Attitude. We booked room with king size bed for 3 night beforehand in one month. Sheraton charged money from card emidiatly. We arrived 2 hours before check in time, Receptionist charged more 75 dollars for earlier checkin and put us into smallest room with small bed. In the room was dropped water from top. Afternoon there weren’t still room wich we booked and payed one month before. The night on this smallest bed was horrible. After descussing with manager at midnight this situation we got room. 2. Service. Service room answered sometimes. Service room for food : brings not on order. Food quality was good. 3. Restaurant. We decided have dinner in restoration of Sheraton to save time in traffic to concert. Bread was dry and stale. Soup was cooking 50 minutes and was ok. Salmon was wonderful. 4. Price, 600 dollars for 3 night, beforehand booking is too high for this quality of service.

Location of hotel is excellent.

Avoid being put up in the older wing of the hotel. It is OK but not to the standards of Sheraton
    • Classic Room

The TV in room was faulty. I had to ask the reception to get it fixed 3 x times in 2 x days. It worked for a bit after the technician did something at the back but then the screen went blank once it was switched off.

The location of the hotel was great and the concierge was helpful. I arrived on the evening when the hotel was offering free canapes and cocktail in support of earth day. Although the bar was dark it had a great ambiance.

Location is hard to improve, the fitness center is well...
    • Classic Room

While location is prime I cannot rate this hotel any higher. Part of their rooms need remodeling and they need it badly. They pass these rooms as being in the "classic section" of the hotel but in reality they are just a few steps from abandoned. I was able to spot cracks on the walls, the minibar was empty, disconnected and had a foul smell.

Location is hard to improve, the fitness center is well equipped and works perfectly. Staff is kind and very helpful.

Very good hotel to stay downtown Mexico City !!!
    • Classic Room

The fee for early check in/late check out, even though the hotel was half full, information about the Sunday bike ride would be nice or offering bike rentals for guest.

Location of course, and on the staff, a Bell Boy named GIOVANNI, always ahead of our needs, going beyond to show us the property and offering to do things for us; telling us all about things to do around the city. He made us feel really special even though we only stayed for one night.

The personal is really friendly, the amenities are good.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

the towels are not soft, the normal room is under expectation compare to the prices.

The personal is really friendly, the amenities are good. The massages and beauty salon are good.

• Classic Room

Front desk didn't inform about hotel amenities. I was charged internet connection because I didn't use hotel website to book. Breakfast was not included.

Room and bed were amazing. Breakfast was spectacular Great location.

I want to come back as soon as possible

If always I had room view face to Reforma Avenue

Since the entrance at the Hotel, it's atmosphere is veeeery good! I love this hotel. The location, the room, the staff.

Not worth your money!
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

- the fact I had gnats in my room - the door of the mini bar falling off (unhinged) - construction in the hallway on a Saturday at 2 pm - having to pay for wifi - rudeness of the front desk staff when issues were brought up - old property in need of remodeling.

nice enough
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

pool on 19floor and other wellness facilities on the 1st floor, far from the elevators, so if you want to swim, and then take a sauna, you have to walk in your bathing suit all across the hotel. literally.

cleanliness, mini fridge, beds are very comfortable

Average
    • Classic Room

The attempts at service were excellent. However, there was little flexibility with regard to previously made mistakes. I understand that the property is under new construction, but there were a number of hiccups that cost me money.

Dia de Muertos Mexico City
    • Classic Room

On check-in, they did not accept me to pay in US Dollars but I only had US Dollars, Ive been told that total amount of my stay has to be paid in Mexican Pesos and their rate was nearly %15 more than bank rates so I had to pay nearly %15 more than my booking price.

Location of the hotel is perfect, it is located in the middle of Reforma Street, everywhere is very close. Hotel is very clean, especially housekeeping is working more than perfect, our room was a little bit small but perfectly clean. Bed and pillows were very comfortable and they have a special sleeping menu for your choice of pillows.

All in all a very pleasant stay!
    • Classic Room

The one thing that for me keeps this from being outstanding in all regards is they charge for internet/wifi service in the rooms. Wifi is free in the lobby and the restaurants but it seems rather cheap of them to charge for it in the rooms.

It's a very nice hotel in an upscale part of what is a very diverse city. The staff are very service oriented and very courteous. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast very much and I met some very interesting people from other parts of the world who were also staying there.

Excellent location and great services
    • Executive Towers

Some facilities are a bit outdated. My personal taste is a bit more modern.

The booked room gave access to SPG and the top floor breakfast services which were excellent.

Great place to be in this vibrant metropolis.
    • Classic Room

The hotel is showing its age, but they keep it clean and running.

The staff was excellent. This hotel is right across the street from the iconic Angel de la Libertad statute and within minutes of Chapultepec Park and the Centro Histórico. Lots of restaurants near by, on and off the Reforma, the main street that dissects Mexico City.

Good, but expensive!

Shower and paid wi-fi.

Spacious room, excellent bed. Shower can be improved, and for the price could have free wi-fi in room. The breakfast is really good, but expensive. The location is great.

The hotel is in a very good location, is clean and staffs...
    • Classic Room

The bed was small compare to what i was expecting with the Standard of the Hotel, parking was poor and Booking.com price was far different from the Hotel price up to 100 dollars different for 3 night.

The hotel is in a very good location, is clean and staffs were Great.

The cost per night is reasonable, however the front tower is a better option.
    • Classic Room

The back tower suffered from poor hot water supply, it has evident wear because is an old building and the recent earthquake helped to show some weak points in the ceiling.

A very disappointed (and never to be repeated!) experience.
    • Classic Room

Customer service almost non existent. Room cleanliness, (our bathroom not cleaned!!) left a lot to be desired. Overall a very disappointing experience in what is billed as an exceptional hotel in Mexico City.

Very little!!!

I liked the service amd the good attention feom the hotel
    • Classic Room

I didn't liked that at the entrance of the hotel and in the lobby is a lot of prostitution ladies waiting for men ti go with them at the rooms. I was there with my boyfriend just for the weekend and he told me he didn't like that. And that we won't stay anymore in that hotel. I think that the hotel staff would not accept that people on the lobby and near the elevators

I liked the service amd the good attention feom the hotel

We loved everything about the hotel.
    • Classic Room

We loved everything about the hotel. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff were awesome and they even upgraded our room to one with a view, which was so nice! We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is considering it.

Disappointed

Personal at the restaurant

One of the worst services I hace received in all my life, I was downgraded of my "life time status" that I finally realized was never live time, the staff of breakfast never meet the opening time, they were always late, they did not take any warning about the food allergens like gluten and dairy, something that is in my profile and something I warned up,

I don't recommend this hotel at all.
    • Classic Room

I don't recommend this hotel at all. False advertising in regards to internet/wifi, they tell you there is free wifi when you make the booking but when you get there, they tell you that the free wifi is at the lobby and only some rooms have internet, so you have to pay 35 AUD (3 days) for internet that does not work for video calls or Skype, basic internet. They don't check rooms before putting guests there, air conditioner did not work so I was allocated in another room next to big machines so the noise was absolutely shocking! It was like sleeping in an airport field.

Amazing Hotel
    • Classic Room

Room decor could be updated....

The pool is beautiful, plus it has beautiful views of Mexico City... the fact that the pool is outdoors is a priceless quality.... The hotel is perfectly located. There is many restaurant options.

mixed level of service
    • Classic Room

-staff on the whole had very poor levels of English: need further training -reception staff unfriendly, but concierges very helpful -lobby bar is very strange design and not conducive to good social networking -layout of hotel is confusing - 2 towers with similar room numbers, but no signs pointing out htat 1610 is in one tower and 1620 is 50m away in another tower via a different lift

Short stay
    • Classic Room

The water to wash our hand in the bathroon was horrible! It was completely brown and dirty. We couldn't use it!!!

The location is incredible. You are walking distance to main attraction and downtown.

Comfortable and clean room, friendly and helpful staff
    • Towers Executive two double beds

Room completely different to photos as advertised, had to pay extra for wifi (most normal hotels this is included in the price), no hot water to take a shower

Comfortable and clean room, friendly and helpful staff

I was deprived of my credit limit because of overcharges
    • Classic Room

I didn't like it because once I checked in, they told us that there would be no water in our rooms after 5:00 am which was an inconvenience to us. They did not allow any changes to our booking. They did not even offer any consultation options for there problems. Also their beds are not comfortable at all, they are too hard. I really was disappointed with there service. And I have so many charges on my credit card , over $700 dollars , I don't know why when it was supposed to be only $333 for the reservation.

El hotel está ubican en una zona de negocios alrededor de lo cual es perfecta para salir alrededor

Check in /front desk staff very helpful, friendly.
    • Classic Room

Free WiFi was very poor. Bar staff not nearly as friendly as other staff.

Check in /front desk staff very helpful, friendly. Good, reliable taxis outside, reasonable rates. Good location, lots of restaurants very close by.

I still give it a 2 thumbs up
    • Classic Room

Refrigerators didn't keep beverages cold..No free Wi-Fi 👎Couldn't get my own ice.

Clean☺ Comfortable bed.👍 Great location 😉 near restaurants,shopping,bars and street food😋 a.c. was cold👍

Not pet or children friendly.
    • Executive Towers

We arrived at the property at 6 am with a 3 year old and 2 cats, they charged us 150 USD for early check inn and 100 USD for the pets. The thing is, that they don't informe you that until you are there. We had to wait in a frozen reception lounge for 1 hr. The room was really noise. And the attention of the staff was not very good.

Hotel was nice but had a few problems
    • Classic Room

Had several problems on arrival had to be moved to alternative room and then again with additional problems in room

The location and the overall hotel itself was very good

I had chosen the hotel to get a quiet night, but: In the old...
    • Classic Room

I had chosen the hotel to get a quiet night, but: In the old tower the doors to the rooms bang, the bathroom noises from the neighboring room are loud. The furniture in my room was very used, one lamp did not work (although was repaired immediately, in the evening the water in the shower was only lukewarm, next day it was alright. There is no free internet in the rooms. The computer in the commons was extremely slow.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great Hotel to explore Mexico City
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sadly, we had to wait until late ( 2pm -4pm) our room was cleaned, towels and bath robes were not available on our arrival until we left. Extra payment for WIFI that should be standard with the room rates. We needed late check out but got told the latest was only until 2pm, we asked if we can pay extra, which they denied and therefore we had to book and pay the daily rates for the room. Our was flight was late until 10pm. The pool was to small, not many deck chairs and parasols available for guests.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities were very good except we had to pay for WIFI that should have been included in the room rates. Gym was well equipped with sauna. The location was great eating out and finding local bars. Concierge, Oscar was very helpful in recommendation and giving helpful information.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The service was terrible, they never got the name of the...
    • Classic Room

The service was terrible, they never got the name of the second person for the reservation we had issues to check in, issues with the invoice and credit cards. No sorry on their part or anything they just couldn't care less

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Classic Room

The staff were not helpful on multiple occasions and the coffee served at breakfast gave a few of us food poisoning. Wi-Fi was also outrageously expensive.

The beds were comfortable and location is very central.

poor maintenance of the facilities
    • Classic Room

when i was doing my check in there was an issue with the water system at the property and the agent did mentioned that the water would be shut down at 11pm until 5am. first when I walked into the room, this smelled like sewage the carpet was not clean and had some stains on them. secondly the day after I had a business meeting at 7am and when I wanted to take a shower the water coming out was black and smell like sewage water. I called the operator and informed her about the water issue who told me "just let the water run until it comes out clear". I could not take a shower that day as I was running late for my meeting and when i came back late that night the water still look the same.

if you are planning to be visit the surrounding business areas like polanco, chapultepec or zona rosa the place is a definitely a very well located property.

the taxis (the Black cars, not the White/Pink ones)...
    • Classic Room

the taxis (the Black cars, not the White/Pink ones) parked as a "service" for the guests, do not have fare metering devices so they charge whatever they want.

Very comfortable, slept great, nice staff, great vip room,...
    • Towers Executive two double beds

It was pricy for what you get. We have stayed in 4-5 star hotels in China and recieve much more for the value.

Very comfortable, slept great, nice staff, great vip room, great massage....

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Relax in Mexico City
    • Classic Room

Airconditioning is very noisy (also from other rooms)

Nice location. Concierges are very helpful. Food is excellent in the restaurants at the hotel. Nice fitness and roof-terrace.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good location and friendly staff
    • Classic Room

Swimming pool is very tiny, Quite noisy from the reforms street if your room is on that side.Booking APP is also misleading me for the Charging WIFI, see the PIC(unfortunately in Chinese), ridiculous!!!

Good location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Enjoyed Mexico City visit & stay at the Sheraton

No in room free wifi!

Excellent location with good eats nearby. The bar entertainment (Mariachis) was great fun! Concierge staff (especially Gabriel) was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

other than the check in and out we enjoyed our stay very much

checking in to the hotel was tiresome to say the least ... i suspect that the booking we did online was not reflected properly on the hotels check in details ... not an acceptable situation for a five star hotel

liked the position and most of the bstaff who were very friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Reforma perfect location, Sheraton not so perfect
    • Classic Room

The room is old, furniture old, bed so uncomfortable. The rooms need upgraded and staff need to improve their English. Many mistakes with my breakfast.

French Toast great with crispy bacon

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Very good deal and excellent location (nut it may needs a refreshing)
    • Classic Room

- The hotel looks, inside, a little bit old: the style seems to be from the 80s. It needs a refreshing, especially when compared with others hotels - The fitness center is wrongly indicated: they indicate it at the 5th floor in all the elevators but it is on the ground floor... - The water in the shower is sometimes quite too cold or too hot - The breakfast buffet is OK but not that great

- Excellent location: maybe the best in town. Just in front of the Zona Rosa and super safe given the American Embassy just next to the building - Very helpful staff - Good fitness facilities - Big room

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Rude Staff, Low Budget Experience.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was absolutely horrible: unfriendly, insulting, unhelpful and overall rude. To provide more context which was also flagged to Sheraton to seemingly DEAF ears: overheard one of the front desk staff ridicule me in Spanish for a room change request. They should be mindful that just because someone speaks to them in English, doesn't mean they don't speak Spanish. I would have been more than happy to pay extra for a different room? Which seemed to be the case, but they seemed too busy to not bother. . They don't seem to care, regardless of your SPG status. In fact, one of the front desk gents, used a derogatory term for an Asian which I am not and speak Spanish. The business rooms are quite old and outdated. For the price, you're better off going elsewhere and visiting the Angel but don't waste your time at this hotel.

Only saving grace is the close proximity to the Angel of Independence.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Staff helpful when I had to change rooms.
    • Classic Room

All was to my satisfaction.

Staff helpful when I had to change rooms. Well served with the group I was travelling with, little extras like fresh fruit in rooms when we returned. No hitches, will return there.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Comfortable stay
    • Classic Room

WiFi was not free (expensive and problematic). A bit noisy hotel (from the walking area, and upstairs/neighbor rooms) due to bad sound insulation.

Beds were comfortable. Coffee and The in the room. Good restaurants. Nice staff and concierge. Good fitness room and swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Very satisfactory
    • Classic Room

Wish we'd stayed closer to Bellas Artes etc but neighborhood was fine. Prices closer to US than any other place we stayed in Mext.

Clean, quiet, food was fine.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Pleasant stay
    • Classic Room

No wifi in the room unless it was paid for. Shower facilities were nothing special.

Room was upgraded on arrival. Staff very helpful, particularly the concierge, who came up with some helpful suggestions about the places I wanted to see.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

well ubicated, but mean staff, cero friendly staff
    • Classic Room

the staff really mean and didn't wanted to help me out when i ask for information about the parking lot. They also told me that i had to park in the hotel parking lot and at the end they charged me a lot of money with out information that even though you stay in the hotel you have to pay

confort only

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Needs customer service and janitorial training!!!
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

No customer service!!! When I checked in, I waited in a line. When I got to my room, it smelled like mold and there was a fresh stain on the comforter. I went right back downstairs to ask for a different room and the receptionist, Luz, next to the receptionist that was helping me rolled her eyes at me then our receptionist said "well do all the rooms smell like that?" It was frustrating after traveling for 18 hours. I did not expect that from a 5 star hotel. Only after I complained did they send fruit and chocolate then followed up with a curtesy call.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

VERY NICE

THE HOTEL IS FANTASTIC

EVERYTHING

I love it.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

I love it. Clean, excellent people .

Ambience

Courtesy wasn’t Good

Ambience

Overall I enjoyed the stay. Quality of room was excellent so was the sevice.
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds

Taxi services were not provided at booking as selected, to and from airport.

Service was excellent, on time and professional.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good location service has room for improvement
    • Classic Room

Bathrooms could have been better !

Location is excellent

Expect more
    • Classic Room

Rooms are dated....they can do better.

Great fitness center, knowledgeable and friendly concierge.
    • Classic Room

Trash on floor and stains on chair when I arrived in my room.

Great fitness center, knowledgeable and friendly concierge.