Reviews of St. Regis Mexico City 5 stars

Paseo de la Reforma 439, 06500 Mexico City, Mexico

#3 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

• Deluxe Room

We forgot the swimming suit in the room and called back right after. They promised to answer right away but not, and next day, they say the clean lady did not see them....... a 5 star hotel ... very disappointed

The butler service is v nice, bringing you fresh coffee.

• Deluxe Room

BACKGROUND This was our second visit to CDMX, the first being two years ago, when we stayed at the outstanding Four Seasons. This time around we chose the St. Regis, frankly, because it was quite a bit cheaper than the Four Seasons for our dates, and friends had stayed here earlier in the year and raved about it. We selected just the entry level room category, booked through a third-party site that was offering a special promotional rate. PRE-ARRIVAL Any email inquiries I sent to the hotel in advance of our stay were responded to within a few hours at most. All questions were answered, and I arranged for an airport pickup since we would be arriving very late at night and I didn’t want to have to worry about getting a taxi. It was much more expensive than a taxi or Uber, but well worth it to us for the peace of mind. ARRIVAL Just as arranged, a driver from the St. Regis met us in the baggage claim area. He escorted us to a luxury SUV, offered us bottled water, and within about 20 minutes we arrived at the hotel. Despite it being late (almost 1:00 a.m.), there were still doormen to welcome us, and a bellman to take our bags and escort us to the third-floor lobby. The staff at the front desk continued the theme of highly professional but warm and courteous service, offering us champagne (Veuve Clicquot) while we completed the necessary paperwork. Unlike other hotels, where we have checked in late at night and not received the “full welcome” that guests who arrive during regular business hours routinely receive, there were no shortcuts in service here. We were impressed. ACCOMMODATIONS We were assigned a room on the sixth floor. The building has an almost ovoid shape, with the rooms radiating out from the central elevator shaft: no long walks to any guestroom. The hallways are very dark and quiet—reminding me a little of the luxury hotels we have stayed at in Las Vegas.

• Deluxe Room

Sometimes the staff seemed a bit disorganized, especially in the bar. The manager was attentive and often had to step in when staff failed to return. Pool was a bit small. Elevators were rather slow and you have to take two of them to get from the lobby to the room. Room was very nice, although the bathtub feels a bit like a closet as there are no windows and it is tucked beside the shower. While the bathroom itself is a bit too open with no closable door.

Everything was up to St. Regis standards. Service was very friendly and facilities are fantastic. Two small hottubs beside the pool for couples or single use with outstanding views. Gym was extremely well equipped. Location is outstanding and right in the middle of the best neighborhoods.

• Deluxe Room

Excellent attention to every detail from the minute you enter the hotel until you leave. Butler service is outstanding and the hotel concierge is tremendously helpful. Bathroom is spacious and beds are incredibly comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

The rooms offered a good selection of drinks and snacks in the mini bar. Set apart from the bar - and not listed on the in-room menu - was a Nespresso machine and some bottled water. It was naturally assumed that these were provided gratis. We were therefore surprised, a day after departure, to receive a bill for US$ 8.00 for two Nespresso capsules. We felt that was cheeky / deceptive and have mentioned it to management already.

Comfortable rooms and exceptional service. We were looked after from the moment of arrival until departure. This included looking after our bags, snacks and a glass of Champagne on arrival through to a "room butler" assisting one of our group to open a suitcase with a broken lock. The fitness centre is very well equipped, particularly with cardio equipment and lots of bottled water. The property is equidistant between Polanco and Condesa, the two most interesting areas for restaurants and nightlife. Roma Norte is an easy walk.

• Deluxe Room

I tried using the Butler service a couple of times. Each time I dialed the Butler, no one answered. I then tried calling the concierge several times n no one answered. The one or two times they did answer from the many times I called, once the guy transferred me to a line and I was disconnected automatically n the other time he did transfer me properly. So besides Jesus, the staff wasn't that good, if they that busy maybe they should hire more staff because it was clear I was not an important guest.

My favorite thing was the bidet in the bathroom, I'm used to them and have a hard time living without them n it was the only place in Mexico that had it! Eggs benedict were delicious, as was waffle. The restaurants also had delicious food. Bed very comfortable, nice shower. Jesus was super nice, by far my favorite employee there.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Executive Suite

No robes in the room, although they would have brought one if I'd felt like calling I am sure.

Friendly staff, great amenities- well stocked bar, toiletries etc. Good room service choices with excellent service.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Everything was quite perfect!

My husband and I just spent 5 nights at the St. Regis in Mexico City and we couldn't be more pleased. From the delightful welcome (with champagne) that we received from Jimena to the warm greetings everyday from Guillermo, and the delicious popsicles delivered to the jacuzzi from Sandra, the staff could not have been more attentive and sweet. All the people at the hotel were so warm and friendly. The concierge was also very knowledgable about what to do in the city. Our room was so beautiful and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. The housekeeping did a wonderful job every day with cleaning up our room and with the nightly turndown service too. We took advantage of the beautiful pool, spa and sauna everyday. And although the gym was so clean, modern and had a wonderful view, we didn't get a chance to use it. The room service arrived quickly and all the food was hot and delicious. The restaurants were also yummy and the King Cole Bar was our favorite hangout. We especially loved the jazzy tunes played on the piano and stand up bass. Another thing that is perfect about the hotel is its location. It is so peaceful and luxurious, yet it is right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Mexico City. There are so many museums, restaurants and shopping right around the hotel. I really can't say enough about what a wonderful experience we had and we really want to thank everyone at the hotel for making our trip absolutely unforgettable!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Pricing of food. Being Mexican I know that everything in the menus were extremely over priced. Also I wish they'd been more obvious on the website about the fact that entry to the pool and jacuzzi area is not included in the room cost but charged separately.

Staff and facilities were amazing.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Nothing - amazing hotel with fantastic service and facilities

Friendliness of staff, they were so generous and even offered complimentary breakfast at check-in!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Excellent service from every single member of the staff. Location was wonderful. The room was beautiful, very clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows.... wow.... we looked forward to coming back to our room after a long day. The breakfast buffet is also certainly worth it. Would certainly stay here again on my next trip to Mexico City. One of the best hotel experiences in international travel I have ever had.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Luxury Suite

Wished the curtains would have shut more. It was a bit noisy outside so make sure to get the highest floor possible. Even with all that I would definately stay here again.

Wonderful Staff. Amazing Shower. Very accommodating. I liked this hotel so much I canceled my other reservation to stay here more.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

The only negative was the Concierge. Compared to the Four Seasons, it was second rate, at best. They should really upgrade their staff at the desk.

Rooms were perfect. Gym great. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2016

• Deluxe Room

First impressions are important to me. As soon as I arrived to this amazing hotel, I had to chase the valet parking staff to attend to my bags and car (they were chatting). That was unfortunate! Therefore, the hotel administration ought to work on this little detail that may leave guests very unsatisfied.

I was very happy overall!!! everyone was very attentive and service was superb; I highly recommed it. Great location...

• Grand Deluxe Room

Loved it all.

Exceptional service and helpful staff. Everything was first rate.

Great rooms

Location and service

• Executive Suite

Great concierge and butler service in exec suite a great perk.

• Deluxe Room

This is the best hotel I've stayed in, period.

All

Small pool Jacuzzi always occupied

Luxurious Classical Higly trained staff Nice and polite people

• Grand Deluxe Room

The Room, the View, the Staff... Just Awesome!

• Deluxe Room

Staff at the lobby need to greet and smile more. Simple actions make guests feel welcomed

Location Spacious room

• Deluxe Room

La habitacion en general. Un hotel moderno, impecable, con excelente atencion y servicio Tan cerca del Bosque de Chapultepec

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

Effort madre by employees to help and make me feel good.

• Deluxe Room

Airport pick up is over priced

I got a free upgrade to a beautiful room with amazing view and the breakfast in the room was perfect

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Luxury Suite

The lights control panel like a puzzle ,no sign and describe only lots of white buttons. Confused……

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

I liked this hotel so much I booked it again. The Internet here is the fastest I have seen in any hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Expected tea time

Locations, views and sunday Brunch

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Executive Suite

Great staff, the bed was incredibly comfy, the luxury and size of the room

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

Not enough to to do; more spa activities and eco travel packages

Butler service and converter get

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Everything - from a warm welcome and a chilled glass of champagne on check in - to a fantastic room with a view was fantastic. Room service never took more then 25 min which is a record in my book. Unfortunately I happened to be very ill for a few days when I saw there, but the support I received was great - doctor, shopping for medicine, tea in my room. Great luxurious experience!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

We stayed here for our wedding night before leaving for our honeymoon, it was wonderful. We got there and they had left some chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of our favorite champagne! The food we ordered to our room was AMAZING! And the service was the best ever. The hotel itself is so beautiful and they pay attention to every single detail. We can't really recommend it enough, so worth the money spent!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

While most staff were top notch, there was often no follow through on some of the little details you might expect at a five star location.

Excellent location, rooms modern and spacious.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

was given a smoking room (do they still exist?) but on my request was eventually cleaned so perfectly you couldnt even tell in the end

1) perfect location, super professional staff, luxurious room, great value for money at 250 usd per night 2) all you can drink champagne brunch at 70 usd per person is spectacular, food was on par with most top level european reastaurants (which for mexico is totally unique)

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

1. Few rooms get front view, so don't expect to see the fountain in your room. 2. The picture online of the hotel is misleading. The hotel only takes up to the 14th floor of the building. In general, I am satisfied with my stay, but there is still room for improvement of the service. For instance, there were four pillows of different heights. It took me some time to find the right one. The following day, all four of them were placed back onto the bed. So I had to go through the selection process again, and again the day after. Another example. Before we left the hotel on Dec 24, we were informed that most restaurants would be closed on the day. So we decided to dine in, as suggested by the staff upstairs. Then we went downstairs, only to find out that the restaurants inside the hotel were full as well. They promised to call me later to confirm my reservation, but they never did. I ended up having horrible Chinese buffet on Christmas eve, which I was grateful for.

One of the best hotels in town.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The location is a bit too dull for those wanting 'true Mexico' leisure time. Obviously the ideal business location.

The staff were exceptional. The food was equally sensational, especially the Spanish restaurant.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Everything was absolutely great. Maybe, the only thing that may need a very little improving, is the WiFi connection, which seems to drop out some times... but not to the point of becoming annoying.

Everything is amazing. This is all about excellent service. The butler service is stunning.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

We particularly loved the butler service and incredibly comfortable, spacious and well-appointed rooms plus the 15th floor pool and jacuzzis with views.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The SPA service was good but the personnel has never tried to facilitate the language barrier (English vs.Spanish).

The tour organized by the concierge with a private guide was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Comfort, design, luxury, location

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Excellent location, spacious rooms with nice view also comfort of room and good service.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Kids club

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Great location and service. The building and rooms were beyond my expectations. Concierge and staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Hotel irréprochable

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

Some of the staff are friendly, nice and very welcome but some of them are not.

The bed is super comfy.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The staff at this hotel was world class

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Fantastic welcome, quiet room, excellent gym facilities

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Nothing-- everything was great!

Incredibly helpful and courteous staff, and spacious, comfortable room. Convenient, central location.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Good location and hospitality of staffs.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Drinks were quite expensive Pool could be bigger

Exceptional experience, hotel, room and staff. The very best of Mex-city

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Toilette

Food

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Gran atención del staff, viajé con mi hija y la Srita Jacqueline fué muy atenta con ella.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Noise from the street due to festivities was unbearable, staff leaves a note apologizing with a couple of earplugs

Hotel is fantastic

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Everything was excellent loved the butler service waking up to lattes in the morning and a breath taking view.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Restaurant Grill

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

confusing "smart" elevators

the staff was great!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

the people make the difference

• Reviewed: 29 March 2015

The staff couldn't do more to help. This holiday was relaxing & exceptional. The restaurants exceeded expectations

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

Heavenly breakfast, best view ever from pool, perfect location.

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse St. Regis Mexico City traveller photo gallery