Reviews of Stanza Hotel 4 stars

Avenida Alvaro Obregon 13, Colonia Roma, 06700 Mexico City, Mexico

#53 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

Very good experience
    • Standard Room

Hotel very clean, rooms really comfortable and the food from restaurant is delicious. Location of the hotel is perfect, during my stay there was always police driving around the area giving you a safety feeling.

good hotel,need some improve,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

no meeting yard or room,it's really too inconvenient for our business trip, no free drink for visitors, a little expensive food, cheat taxi of Mexico city especially in the evening peak,better to rent a car by yourself, carefully driving.

clean room and good location, nearby Pushkin park,many people walk with their dogs,

Nice and clean hotel. recommended!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was too mexican. We would love it if there were more continental options.

Very clean room, in a great location and very kind and helpful staff.

This hotel was in a wonderful location - easy to wander...
    • Standard Room

This hotel was in a wonderful location - easy to wander around Roma and pop in and out of the room for a rest. The staff were very friendly and easy going and the facilities were great, especially for the low price. Definitely would recommend to any traveler, especially those on a budget.

Excellent hotel in a great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff need customer service training They charge you to use their business centre internet for half an hour; this is the first time I’ve come across this in a business hotel! A bit scabby, no need for it.

Great value Comfortable rooms Spotlessly clean We were very happy here and extended our stay twice - would stay here again the future

The food is amazing, room was very clean, service was great.

Everything was great

The food is amazing, room was very clean, service was great.. the location is extremely safe, lots to do and see and only 10 minutes in the taxi to the center, 15-30 minutes from the airport.

Everything was perfect, except that we booked 3 nights and...
    • Standard Room

Everything was perfect, except that we booked 3 nights and they only charged 2 nights. So on out last night our key didn't work and they told us that we had to pay more than what booking said and that they only charged 2 nights, by mistake. Don't understand why this happened because they knew it was three. The staff did not give us a reason why and where super grumpy. We left with a not so good impresión after all.

It was the perfect place to stay to end our 3 week trip in Mexico
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were professional and friendly. The beds were super comfortable and the house keepers did a lovely job keeping the room tidy and clean everyday. The hotel has a great sense of comfort and warmth. Great location.

I love the Stanza!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ventilation in some of the bathrooms could be improved. Screens on the windows would be awesome.

The rooms are well organized with coffee for the morning. We stay here every time we are in Mexico City. Probably stayed here 8 times and we have never been disappointed. Love the staff.

Excellent location in DF
    • Standard Room

Gym could be a bit better, access of towels, spray to clean the machines after use but overall basic machines are available and great to have the option.

Great location with all the cute eat out places in walking distance. Staff is very helpful and always seeks to serve customers the best. Check out period can be extended until 3 pm, which is a great plus compared to the usual check out options in Mexico.

Very pleasant surroundings which provided value for money.

Nothing comes to mind

The staff were very helpful. The dining, bar & lobby area provided everything I required & the location offered a number of restaurants & cafes. Opposite was an open space which featured a market & events.

Enlightening , enjoyable and a little challenging
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only one staff member spoke reasonable English so there was a lot of fun and games trying to communicate lol . Definitely going back but with a basic course in Spanish first 😜

Clean and comfortable , friendly staff. A good location.

• Standard Room

Old facilities, room is old, furniture broken, safe didn’t work, lighting was poor, hair dryer was weak, shower spray was weak, carpets old, bed old

One of the best hotels in Mexico
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's not that close to the nearest metro station (Ninos Heroes). It may be a little bit noisy at nights.

First of all I would like to thank the staff from the night shift. They have been really nice and helped me a lot during my stay. The hotel itself is really good, probably one of the best I stayed in Mexico. Clean, well equipped, hotel restaurant is cheap and serves good breakfasts. There're also some restaurants nearby. Hotel offers well priced private taxi to/from airport/bus stations and trips around the city.

clean and comfortable for 2 couples but inadequate water and noisey
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First of all the room we had booked which we thought would be big enough was very small so we were given an upgrade that was over our budget but as we were there for 5 nights it was good to have the space. I also had some GI issues so appreciated being able to sleep away from others reading, etc. The staff were very stingy with the water, only giving us 4 small bottles a day for cleaning teeth and drinking. I especially needed the water as I was sick. As our two sons are tall people and not use to sleeping together they took turns sleeping on the futon sofa. It was very uncomfortable and place close to a locked door that was flimsy with no sound proofing so the one sleeping next to it were awakened most of the night with noises from the adjoining room.

Liked the size of the room for 4 adults; 2 parents and 2 adult sons who are 6'5" and 6'2" The clean well ventilated bathroom was a plus.

Great location but not great hotel and over priced
    • Standard Room

Charged more at hotel then reserved price, additional fee for bagage storage. Room was outdated, with old carpeting. Room next to mine was under construction and being worked on through the day. Value for money was not there.

Magnifying mirror in bathroom!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked two rooms at the same time. Both with 2 beds. When we arrived I believe the hotel hadn't noticed that my reservation had 2 rooms and they only had 1 with 2 beds. My friend ended up with a smaller room with 1 bed. BUT at the same price. The hotel rates were very reasonable and we didn't feel it warranted an argument but it was their error. We asked if they second room was the same price and were told 'yes.' Really?

Magnifying mirror in bathroom! Two bottles of water. Coffee maker in room. I had a nice view over a park.

Comfortable, quiet room, with good water pressure and hot water
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bar in the evening didn’t have selection of white wine. They would tell me they were out. No problem as there were plenty of restaurant/bars a few minutes walk down the street. We would just have our night cap somewhere else.

Great breakfast

I would chose another hotel next time.
    • Standard Room

The shower was a disaster: water was flowing everywhere in the bathroom, the water could not be completely closed and made constant noise during night and the water temperature was strongly changing.

View on the window was nice.

Good location but rough around the edges
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing special about this hotel. They didn’t have the room we reserved for our first night and made an excuse about it being because my credit card didn’t work which doesn’t make sense because they aren’t supposed to charge it until I arrive. They didn’t offer anything for the inconvenience. Not a discount. A drink at the bar. Nothing. We had to get new key cards every day because they would stop working. TV remote didn’t work and hair dryer kept over heating.

They have the latest check out time I’ve ever seen — 2pm.

hotel served its purpose
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No heat in winter. Hotel charged for use of computer. Location is fair - hotel is on border of a not so nice neighborhood where the nearest metro is located, which is one-half mile away. Few nice restaurants within a 4-5 block radius.

It was clean, beds were comfortable although they could have been firmer. Next door to a lavanderia where they washed and dried your clothes in one day. Across the street from a branch of El Moro, the best churreria in Mexico City. One block from a metro bus stop but not a very useful line.

Bad payment policy made me not enjoy the great facilities and location
    • Standard Room

In the booking details it clearly entails that no pre-charge will be made. Eventually 5 days before arrival I was charge half the total price of our stay at the hotel. When we arrived I was surprised to see I was charged the whole price of my stay. After expressing my concerns they told me that my bank account would eventually release the precharged amount. After speaking with my bank they told they could not reales the payment because I was paying through my saving debit account and not credit account. The bank explicitly told me the hotel needed to give me a cancellation confirmation of the ore charged amount. When I came to the hotel staff with this information they clearly felt like if I was trying to upset them, they treated me like a child, explaining the same thing over and over again, and never listening to what I was saying. I spoke to several of them and they all had a very haughty attitude which felt unwelcoming. Up to now 13 days later I haven’t received my payment back and they clearly haven’t helped me find a solution.

The Stanza offers comfort and hospitality.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wished for at least one English language TV station.

Courtesies in abundance. Attentive staff. Comfortable neighborhood. Nice room. Comfy bed. Secure.

It was nice eventhough unhelpfull front office staff.
    • Standard Room

front office staff could have been more helpfull as we asked for a recomendation for plugs. Also eventhough it's written on the site pay when you arrive, hotel transacted some money from credit card. On the other hand when we asked for our breakfast to be charged on our account, they refused. It's something we were treated as burglars.

location of the hotel was very nice, close to restaurants, etc. housekeeping service was very good, all clean.

I love the location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staffs don't speak very good English but this happens all across México.

I love the location! It's in beautiful La Condesa. Also, the wifi connection is very stable. So far it's pretty good

the staff were really friendly and the location is amazing -...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

needs a mini fridge inside the room and you can hear the other guests around you pretty well. many guests were super loud in their rooms and kept us up at night.

the staff were really friendly and the location is amazing - a short walk to amazing restaurants, cafes and bars.

A nice hotel

The outside park (Jardín Pushkin) had a loud concert on one of the days, and the whole building was shaking! Thankfully it was in the afternoon, so it was messing up with my work, not with my sleep...

The staff members were helpful. The bed was big and comfortable.

The hotel is in a convenient location and the doormen were...
    • Standard Room

The rooms aren't heated during the winter. Our room was extremely cold. We had to change rooms because our original room smelled very strongly of mildew. They were extremely reluctant to change our room despite this. Also, breakfast is not included, which is surprising given this was the most expensive hotel we stayed in while in Mexico and the only one that didn't offer breakfast. The location was good but otherwise I didn't think this hotel was worth the price. We stayed at other really nice places less.

The hotel is in a convenient location and the doormen were very polite.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good value for money. Comfortable and good location. Some service deficiencies.
    • Standard Room

Lack of available room service and bottled water after midnight. Lack of English speaking staff amongst those answering phone for room service. No kettle or bar fridge in room. No vending machine available in hotel.

The room was small but serviceable. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was good. Wi-Fi available. Friendly reception staff with good English language skills.

Good price without compromising quality
    • Standard Room

It's a nice little hotel most of the people was staying there because of business. I was there only for one night but it has a great location and very friendly staff! if you are looking for a good price without compromising quality this is a good option.

A pleasant stay in a very good location, recommended
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nice, clean, and comfortable beds, wifi was good at lobby but a little weak at room, staff was very friendly, we did not have breakfast but checked it out, it looked fine to us

The Stay was fine & comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was one of the worst courteous I have come across after a long time. Only saving grace was the Bell Boys, who of course were very welcoming cos of tips. Staff at check in & check out didnt even manged to put a smile on their faces while welcoming guests and it seemed I am talking to Robots / machines instead.

Great location, clean, friendly and good price. Would recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bit louder than expected as it is close to a busy road, but this did not stop us from sleeping.

Great location with loads of restaurants nearby. Very clean with a good restaurant and friendly staff. Very easy to catch a taxi from outside.

Highly recommend stanza, enjoy Mexico City a great place

The Stanza was so well positioned for us as for what we wonted to do, the staff were fantastic & so helpful in what we were looking for, it is in a great area of Mexico city always felt safe walking around & some amazing restaurants very close by, plus most of the staff could speak English a great help

fast check-in, clean hotel, super comfy bed.

5th floor not re-innovated yet clean and excellent. Don't take room 522 WiFi signal is weak.

fast check-in, clean hotel, super comfy bed. Clean, spacious room and toilet. well mannered stuff. fast WiFi. Amazing location in Roma district, posh area, many restaurants and bars.

Good price, well located, confortable. Only down part is the insectiside that they put everywhere
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noice in the night there are loads of ambulances passing by and noice is quite strong but heavy sleepers like me dont mind. The cleaning ladys have insecticide for cucaraches, I did not see any insects but the halls smelled like insectiside and it was not placent for a baby to be smelling that.

Has a confortable bed, it is located close to many hipster bars and wonderful vegan restaurants, lovely area to explore. Restaurant has nice fresh buffet very good price, services is wonderful.

The restaurant has a good selection of fruits and there is a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant has a good selection of fruits and there is a nice square opposite! Friendly staff, and the gym was a plus (features one treadmill, a couple of bike and one machine with cords and bars for a full workout).

Fantastic location, friendly staff, comfy beds and the breakfast buffet is really good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were particularly pleasantly surprised of the quality of the breakfast buffet. One of us was Mexican and found it authentic,, tasty, affordable and with lots of choice.

Great location, value for money, clean, friendly staff not much English but great experience :)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing to say we loved it.

Staff were amazing even tho little English was spoken, they helped us a lot. The location was perfect real Mexico City not many tourists, hipster area with lots of bars and restaurants. I'd stay again and I'd recommend to all.

JUST OKAY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too noisy. I had a back room but there was work going on in the hotel until late at night. Cleaning staff wake you up in the morning.

Reception staff friendly. The rooms are clean.

Great Hotel

When we arrived we were told we hadn't confirmed the booking so they had cancelled it despite having confirmation emails from Booking.com. Luckily that had spare rooms and it wasn't an issue but could have been a disaster. My wife speaks fluent Spanish so language wasn't an issue for us but staff didn't appear to speak great English and could be an issue for some.

Great little hotel, we had a king room which was very comfortable and roomy. Kept very clean though is slightly dated. Hotel restaurant was very good and well priced with lovely staff. Great area with lots of restaurants within walking distance and a few lovely parks and felt 100% safe. Metro stop within 10mins walk.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Not Likely to Return - there are other options for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noise, distance to public transportation and limited good eating options.

The staff readily agreed to store some cheese and produce in the kitchen's refrigerator because the rooms are not equiped with a small refrigerator nor with a microwave. Unfortunately, the folks in the next room made lots of noise in the evening and we had to alert the front desk. Things calmed down until 3:30-4:30 am when they resumed the party. We tried this hotel per a recommendation of friends who have stayed there but we will return to our favorite place in Zona Rosa where we get a suite with refrigerator and microwave and a better selection of restaurants and a shorter walked to the metro - for the same price. The first evening we ate in the on-site restaurant. The food was mediocre - nothing to write home to mom about - and the service was poor.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Disappointing customer service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was going to give this hotel a good review due to its cleanliness, great price and great location. However, when i consulted with the concierge as to the proper time to leave before our domestic flight, i was told that an hour and a half before would be ok. We took a safety margin and left two hours before our flight, but at the airport we were informed that the flight is already closed and we cannot check in less than two hours before. So, as a result of the concierge's unprofessional conduct we had to pay almost 2000 pesos to change flights, and we have been stuck at the airport for seven hours and counting. This could have easily been avoided and while we should have looked at the check-in rules ourselves, the hotel has failed miserably at customer service, and the fact that we were given false information by a professional who is supposed to have the necessary knowledge for tourists in his country has put a real dent on this vacation. A shame. Other troublesome events included our room keys not working several times. Also, we were gravely misinformed about payment options for a day trip that bc was booked through the hotel. By any other aspect it is a decent hotel with clean rooms and a great location, but it's hard not to feel cheated after receiving such poor customer service. We are not big fans of customer service and can manage most tourist needs on our own. However, this experience has taught us to put customer service above all else, as we have been severely screwed this time.

Great location, great price

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Perfect location and great value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pity hotel didnt provide good maps to the city, Would have liked tea bags in addition to the free coffee and water provided in the rooms

Great location, easy walking distance to large range of good restaurants and bars. Staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

To be avoided !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The level of service couldn't be lower, they just don't care about their customer, or at least that was my situation. I had to ask 3 times to get the room done and I left the hotel 4 hours on purpose to see that nothing was done when I was back. I asked 3 times to get the laundry bag picked up, they never did and pretend that there was the "do not disturb" label, although they did clean the room showing that the label wasn't here... I complained about Wifi that was too weak, nothing was done, just consider that you can't work from your room (I was at the end of the corridor). I'm living 80% of my times in hotel worldwide and this one is definitely one of the worst service I got. And don't expect english speaker, they are 2 in the whole hotel so hope to be lucky to have them here when you arrive or need anything.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Very good location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location of the hotel is very good. It is rather close to the center and there are a lot of bars and restorants around and the area is safe. The beds were super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Trump speech alike

There was no freezer in the room while before booking the room details said it had whatsoever. They were also painting the rooms next door and the smell was extremely strong gave me a headache and nauseas. That was not nice at all.

The cleanliness!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Fair hotel, meets the expectations but doesn't go beyond
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Soundproofing very poor, could hear the neighbour watching TV

Basic rooms but with all the necessary. Neighbouring areas are quite smell, don't leave the window open.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Super clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They have the right idea of environmental friendliness (info cards explaining what to do if clean towels and/or clean bed linens are desired). The maid, however, changed the towels and sheets twice during my 5 night stay, without me requesting it.

Super clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the location, with lots of restaurants and cafes nearby.

Fantastic deal in a great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent location in hip Colonia Roma, short walk to metro. I expected a sterile business-type hotel, but found the rooms comfortable if bland, and the staff much warmer than expectations. English is spoken. While my rate didn't include breakfast, I took a light breakfast which was quite good in the sunny, spacious restaurant off the lobby.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Over priced. Nothing like the photos have shown. No slippers and no toothbrushes. Not clean enough. Disappointed!

Location is close to many places. Staffs speak English.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Great location and value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant was good but probably could be better

The hotel is located in an area of character with lots of restaurants, coffee shops and safe walking. It is very good value

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Wonderful stay!

Can't think of much I didn't like..

The staff was very helpful when our air conditioner broke. Our room was nice and quiet. The bar was great and the breakfast buffet was delicious with many options.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Great location and clean tidy rooms.
    • Standard Room

We were totally not impressed with the hotel car ride out to the airport. Coming in the airport safe cabs cost $13 and the hotel happily charged around $60 to return. The ride was scary as well.

The location in Roma worked for us to to walk around the area, enjoy good shops and great places to eat. The architure is lovely with lots of beautiful trees. The hotel restaurant was delicious and we got lots of coffee in the AM.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Great Churro cafe nearby
    • Standard Room

The staff were not that great at directions, actually terrible! Location, it's not really near anything including the subway. The room smelled damp, the bathroom lighting was so dim I could barely see myself. The bathroom roof was mouldy and the bathroom itself rather dank. The carpet was the ugliest I've seen for a while. I would recommend staying downtown if you are coming to Mexico City - I realised that too late - and Uber is incredible here! Use that instead of taxis!

The wifi was good

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great Value in Roma
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi, at least on the 7th floor where we stayed, was terrible. Poor signal overall, which disconnected entirely on a regular basis.

We were pleasantly surprised by the Stanza. For the price and slightly above average reviews, we weren't expecting much. But our room was clean and well-kept, the shower was modern and large, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was accommodating. The hotel's location is very good -- at the end of a strip with more bars, restaurants, taquerias and street carts than you could possibly need. Very walkable. And when you want to leave the area, Ubers are readily-available and cheap: $2-6 per ride to get to get to most places of interest. We spent some time in Condesa (cool vibe, popular bars, 5-10 minutes by car) and Polanco (relatively swanky, 15-20 minutes by car).

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Well located, comfortable hotel
    • Standard Room

The bathroom, though clean and well equipped with toiletries and towels, was small and a bit awkward. The shower had no lip so the water went all over the floor.

Very clean, great location, accommodating staff, lots of hot water with good pressure.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Best location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Key cards malfunction on a regular basis, this means you have to go back down to the lobby so they can recharge them before you can enter your room.

Location in a great, fun, safe neighborhood with lots of bars and restaurants. Helpful staff. Very comfortable beds. Elevators. Great happy hour.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

simply good hotel
    • Standard Room

gym quite small and only one treadmill, always busy

good hotel, clean rooms, good wi-fi, very good value buffet breakfast, located in very interesting Roma

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Expensive for the area.
    • Standard Room

Very cold in Room 201 with no thermostat to control or adjust temperature. On my second stay at this hotel, in Room 520 the internet connectivity was very unstable.

Clean facility in an OK location

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Everything was good, staff is super friendly.

The wifi has poor signal. Not sure if it was all around or just in our room in 7th floor. But wifi did not function properly except by the entrance of our room door. Wifi downstairs in lobby was fine

Everything was good, staff is super friendly. Food in the restaurant is delicious! Juan a bartender was real great!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

A solid choice in a wonderful neighbourhood that you will want to explore.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Located close to lots of restaurants and bars. Nice urban park across the street. close to the metro. The neighbourhood has some beautiful architecture from the previous centuries, and is in fact part of a Time Out walking tour of the zone. The neighbourhood had a very relaxed, pleasant vibe to it. Staff were VERY helpful and pleasant. Room was basic but very clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The room never seemed to get warm.
    • Standard Room

The room never seemed to get warm. The heating/air unit would run but it just blew air. Also two little green lights associated with the heating/air unit were very bright during the night.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

nice staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

brekfast not included, you can have a buffet breakfast for 150pesos I asked for a green tea and they told me that it was not included in the buffet brekfast and I had to pay for that

nice staff spacious room great location in Roma neighbour

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

It's an ok Hotel and great location.
    • Standard Room

For the price of this hotel it should have a swimming pool and a better gym, the gym is too small. Also, the rooms are small and outdated .

We liked the location and the breakfast, it's quite decent and not too expensive.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Bargain hotel
    • Standard Room

The day time woman at the counter was rude and made you feel like a burden to her time with every roll of her eye for each question we had. We were asking normal questions such as whether or not the breakfast buffet came with the room, etc. Normal everyday questions for a hotel employee, but apparently intolerable. They also do not have a regulator for the hot water that comes out of the sink or the shower, which can go from cold to scalding in seconds if you are not careful. They also offered our room a view of the city with a huge window that opened up to the city, the only negative is that it had no screen and mosquitos entered our room. Mosquitos can carry diseases and are definetly not invited guests in any room, so be careful. Another thing I must mention, that we weren't informed prior to our stay, is that they charge for every phone call you make from your room for taxis, food, etc. WiFi is also very spotty and almost non existent if you are on any floor higher than the fifth floor.

The bed was really comfortable, the tv was a nice size with cable channels such as ESPN and HBO movie channels for a night in. Security at the hotel is also present 24 hrs. a day monitoring everyone who comes and goes from the hotel which adds a great deal of comfort for anyone concerned with safety. Great location in the heart of Roma with plenty of shopping and good food within walking distance with the option to rent a bike from a bike rental out front. The neighborhood is very safe all the way to the Polanco area. Police are always present and make you feel very safe.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

I would've given @stanzahotel 4 stars until my last...
    • Standard Room

I would've given @stanzahotel 4 stars until my last night. I stayed in Mexico City at the hotel from 12/24 - 1/1 and on the morning of 12/31, I noticed that my wallet/cell phone were missing from my room. After I let the hotel manager know, they were unhelpful during this time of ordeal. #StanzaHotel wouldn't let me use their phone to call my banks to put a stop on my credit card purchases. In addition, @StanzaHotel charged me each time I made a call to my banks. This shows the lack of empathy by the hotel staff. Moreover, when I showed them on my laptop thru the Find my iphone location, I asked them I wanted to speak with the police and show them location of my phone. Needless to say, the hotel let me know that I'd have to head to police station by myself in a country I'm unaware of. After negotiations with hotel staff, they finally called a police to the hotel and as expected the police took no action. I would've recommended this hotel to other friends but after this fiasco, the hotel staff showed their true colors and I'd avoid staying at this establishment. Lack of empathy towards my situation tells me about quality of leadership.

Comfy in the city

Would have been nice if the hot water came a little more quickly and if the heater worked a little better.

We loved the pozole at breakfast. The place was clean and very quiet. In a great neighborhood, just down the street from the excellent Limantour Cocktail lounge.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Easy Access To The Best Of Colonia Roma
    • Standard Room

The staff were welcoming, friendly, responsive and promptly fulfilled requests. Happy Hour in the bar was an excellent way to sample some boutique tequilas and mezcals. The beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Comfy Mexico City hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I prefer to be a little more west on the street, closer to some shopping and restaurants I like, but the hotel I usually stay in was full.

Convenient restaurant with good buffet breakfast and lunch.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Great value for money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location of the ironing is on the 8th floor which is lonely and dark. Pack wrinkle free clothing!

The staff (bellhop, front desk and restaurant) is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in an excellent location with food outlets and basic shopping around. The mall is approximately 20 mins away.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Good place in district Roma
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was surprised that when I arrived at the hotel they told me Booking.com had cancelled my stay. Luckily there was a room available. I had NOT cancelled my booking!

Suited my needs; I did not wish to spend so much time in the hotel. Just needed a good, well-located place for night..

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Leafy green trendy bit of MX City
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wonderful view of a green square outside the window, fantastic location in the 'hipster' section of MX City, close to great bars and restaurants, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Best location in the city!
    • Standard Room

Walls are paper thin so you can hear your neighbors anytime. Also as a couple if you're used to a queen or king bed keep in mind the standard room is a small full sized bed so you can be extra cozy. The worst part was the staff at check in. They charged us more than what was our confirmed cost with booking.com when I asked why they said the price doesn't include taxes. Thankfully a few days later I found the fine print on booking.com that taxes are included in their price. So the night staff thankfully refunded us the difference.

This hotel was located in a perfect location right in the heart of Roma so you have walking access to some of the best bars & restaurants of the city

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Overall, a great place to stay for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

All staff were very helpful, the reception staff could've been a little more proactive in having a welcoming attitude. They were nice, but you had to initiative the conversation instead of them being more proactive with a "Good morning, how can help you?", for example.

Location was excellent, food in the restaurant was very good, very good selection of dishes, the bed and room was very comfortable.

Browse Stanza Hotel traveller photo gallery