Reviews of Sun Palace - All Inclusive 5 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan Km 20 Hotel Zone, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#35 of 161 hotels in Cancún

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Had a wonderful time at afantastic resort
    • Concierge Level Room (2 Adults)

Its not a tropical resort but if you want good service a top of the line room and great food then this is for you

Martin Cano went beyond our expectation the food at this resort is way above other hotels the service is over the top you will never be without food or a drink

The whole stay was incredibly,had a great experience with the exception of the front desk staff.
    • Deluxe Room (2 Adults)

The front desk staff was very slow and rude most of the time. The checkin experience was disappointing even compared to less expensive hotel.

All the restaurant staff, bar staff, entertainment staff, and cleaning staff were amazing. The rooms were beautiful, the food and drinks were excellent.

A good option for a relaxing high quality stay for an important guest
    • Superior Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Well... it is a kind of force majeure, but 4 out of 6 days of my stay there was seagrass very close to the beach and the sea was not that pleasant to swim in, a lot of seagrass was on the beach as well. The ones who are ok with amazing swimming pools at Sun Palace did not feel the difference, but for me the sea is important and it was a bit of a disappointment. But what can you do with the mother nature in such circumstances? So it is more about my personal disappointment than about disadvantages of the hotel. Also, early in the morning one day the staff was doing something in the corridor and it was heard from the room, it was at about 7 a.m. Not that much kind of a bother, but still. Probably, some soundproof could be added to the rooms.

This was the case that second experience was much better than the first. The hotel applied incredible improvements as compared to the last year regarding quality of food, attention and of conditions of the room. The staff remembered me from the last year, which appeared to be quite pleasant. The food here is exquisite, high quality, for example the seafood grill or sweets or waffles! And you do not have to worry as it is a truly all inclusive hotel, I was not put under stress in any of the cases. They let me attend lunch after my check-out, which was such a pleasant surprise. I was staying at ocean view room on the 8th floor and it was totally enjoyable! The service got much friendlier even though still not pushing or distractive. There are many options for different types of leisure. I totally liked my stay here and will try to return as soon as there is opportunity. And it is SOOOO GREAT it is adult only! It was so great the staff was not trying to bother me in the morning this time.

WOW!!!!!!!!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View (2 Adults)

The staff goes out of thier way to accomdate your every need. They were the friendliness most accomidating people we have ever experienced.their attitudes abour rheir jobs are fantastic. I've never experienced people who were so passonate about their work to fufill our desires. We will definately return, again and again. Our stay at sun palace exceeded our expectations. Mr/Mrs Henry Alford.

We have spent $1,300.
    • Grand Level Suite – Ocean View

We have spent $1,300.00 for two nights incl. a concierge...Hotel is dated and for such an amount of money we have expected a better hotel room - finishes etc. - also after we have spent two nights/ days at this hotel we moved to the Paradisus by Melissa and it was less expensive per night over the Valentine s day and the hotel over all was way more luxurious and felt just nicer; on the top it a week later I wanted to go back to the hotel since I wanted to use the ATM inside and asked the bell boy to get access; he refused and said these are the rules; I have showed him receipts of my stay the week prior and he still did not grant access; I asked for the Manager or Security guy in charge and he just laughed at me together with his other colleague; I was in a need of cash for a taxi and literally was on the street with no working ATM in the area and had arrange myself differently; maybe it is just me but this hotel is compared to e. g. The Paradisus (Royal Service) not worth its money (in my case $650.00 / night)

We will be back every year.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Thai cuisine needs to be improved, it was a mixture of Chinese, Japanese (sushi) and poor Thai.

Staff was very friendly, extremely helpful, very attentive

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Our Airbnb vacation nightmare was saved by this hotel and staff!!!
    • Deluxe Room (2 Adults)

All the staff went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Karla in the morning dining room, the pool staff, Roman-Fernando-Damacio-Carlos and the wait staff in the steak house were just wonderful!!!

Crew are friendly.
    • Grand Level Suite – Ocean View

No complimentary shuttle or taxi service to the airport.

Crew are friendly. Foods are good. Beach is awesome.

Worth ever penny

I loved everything there

It was beautiful

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Beautiful getaway

Not too many activitys

Everyone super nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very very hospitable and friendly staff
    • Deluxe Room (2 Adults)

The property is quite small and for the price its way too expensive

Very very hospitable and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Staff was excellent!

Food was plentiful, but always wish there were more options / higher quality. The desserts were especially lacking.

Staff was excellent! Rooms were very clean!

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Loved that all our needs were seen to as soon as possible.

A little blown away to spend $48usd on 2 sunscreen bottles in the gift shop. Needed batteries but didn't want to pay $36usd for 2 AAA batteries.

Loved that all our needs were seen to as soon as possible. Our room was amazing, the view even better and we really enjoyed all the food we had at the restaurants. The staff couldn't have been friendlier.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

The room was excellent and the location on the beach was...

Check-in was a bit overwhelming as we were required to sit down with an excursion planner and had to go through every detail and price for each excursion before we were allowed to go to our room. We disliked this as we had been traveling and wanted time to relax and unpack before going over all of these details. Room service food was notably worse than food served in the restaurants.

The room was excellent and the location on the beach was great. We enjoyed the restaurants and spa and it was typically easy to communicate with the staff in English.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Great for an all inclusive.

you can hear noise from the hallway. Just put a towel at the bottom of the door and problem fixed!

Great for an all inclusive. Food was above average for an All Inclusive but still not great. Other than that, perfect.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

Excellent service;

Nothing except it's not as close to the shopping and nightlife area as other hotels. but buses are there all the time and very cheap

Excellent service; friendly staff who speak good English. very generous with drinks at any time at any location. Adult only! Very good quality food at lunch and dinner restaurants. with the same all inclusive bracelet you can access all other 5 Palace hotels at Cancun, Playa del carmen, and Isla mujeres and use all facilities, restaurants and drinks without need of prior booking. Nice and spacious gym. Their all inclusive includes room service at any time and any order.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

El hotel está súper bien, la atención es muy buena, y la...

El área de la piscina estaba reservada desde muy temprano y las sillas pasaban todo el día desocupadas con objetos encima. También faltaban mesoneros en este área. El room service tardaba mucho en llegar

El hotel está súper bien, la atención es muy buena, y la comida excelente. Muy bien ubicado y cómodo para moverse en la zona hotelera. El cuarto cómodo, espacioso y limpio. Vale la pena.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2015

The location was a dream

The patio doors wouldn't close. The safe deposit box was smashed and unusable and we had to share a key with another room as there wasn't enough keys!!!

The location was a dream

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

The internet connection was great.

sometime the housekeeping had a delay for making the room.

The internet connection was great.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Hotel credit.

Hotel credit.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

The service and amenities

The food was not good at all. Breakfast lunch and dinner. I stuck to boxed cereal and muffins.

The service and amenities

• Reviewed: 28 February 2015

Everything was great, the staff was amazing, but the WiFi...

Everything was great, the staff was amazing, but the WiFi was off the charts great everywhere on site.

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Sun Palace - All Inclusive traveller photo gallery