Reviews of Bel Air Collection Resort and Spa Cancun 4 stars

Blvd Kukulcan Km 20.5 Lote 65-A, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#137 of 161 hotels in Cancún

6.2

• Deluxe Lagoon View

I disliked the service of the staff. The manager kenia was extremely rude and unprofessional to me.

The fact I was away from home was great. I also enjoyed time with my friends that’s it

• Deluxe Lagoon View

From the time we got there, we booked our room online for "all inclusive" double beds. Once we checked in, the front desk staff told us we had not paid for the all inclusive package and we would have to pay an additional $70 per night, per person. We get to our room, there was only 1 bed. We go down to inquire, we're told, ocean view with 2 beds was considered an upgrade. If wanted 2 beds, we had to pay more. We get to our room, a strange man just walks in and says "sorry, wrong room!" We were told that continental breakfast was included, but we went down for breakfast, ate and they billed us, then said continental was held in the lobby. We ordered food and drinks poolside, the night before check out, we go down to settle any tabs owed, paid and got a receipt. The next morning we go to check out and there is a bill. We show him our receipts from where we paid, and Isaac says, you have a bill from yesterday. The food bill comes in the day after. The air does not work good, you have to close the windows and curtains to keep the room cool and the white couch was FILTHY!!! This place is very outdated. It looks nothing like the pictures online. The best part about it is the ocean view and the breezeway. This looks like a late 80's, early 90's 90210 scene. I travel for work and stay in hotels weekly. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY WHAT YOU SEE ONLINE!!!!!

The beach and the breezeway, and the chicken wings at the pool bar.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

After arriving and waiting at the front desk for about 45 minutes, Bel Air finally informed us that they did not have a room for us, so they put us up in a different hotel for the night. We were informed that we wouldn't be receiving the all-inclusive package at this hotel and that we wouldn't be charged the all-inclusive charge for that day. After the trip, they charged us the full amount including all-inclusive for the first night. I asked them to decrease the amount charged to account for the one day of all-inclusive we did not receive, and they refused to change the amount and initially tried to lie and say that we did receive all-inclusive. They've now stopped responding to my emails. Water in the shower was often ice cold, and the door to our room barely shut because it looked like it had been kicked-in previously and the doorframe had broken.

Wait staff was very welcoming and helpful. Location was quiet, but distant from downtown.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The lack of towels for the beach. The hot water and low pressure in the room was an issue. More channels in English would be nice. The hotel could use some cosmetic work, but for the most part it is clean.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great, beach is great. The value and location were great for a quick trip.

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

No room service (although hotel advertises it), you have to wear a wrist tag they give you throughout your stay at the hotel, in our room the lights didn’t work, the phone didn’t work, and parts of the room were really dirty. We requested an iron and had to ask twice and wait around 4 hours for it to arrive. Service is slow and uncoordinated.

Great location by a beautiful beach.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Things are slightly run down, eg rust in the bedside lamps and mirror, but everything was spotlessly clean.

Huge spa and bed, great room overlooking ocean. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

The food wasn’t the best and when I arrived they were spray painting the equipment in the gym and the smell was horrendous.

The pool, beach, and room were fantastic. The service was great.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The "Zona Hotelera" in Cancun is a typical tourist destination - a lot of hotels along the beach. I prefer less crowdy areas, but we were looking for a place to stay 1 night before our departure. And Bel Air was a perfect choice.

Beautiful sea and pool view. Perfect location close to the airport.

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Tried to book a romantic dinner before our stay / romantic decoration, but at some point the Hotel stopped replying to our messages. The check in process was longer than average. and the staff speak to you like you're a child.

We enjoyed the room and its comfort! - Oceanview with Spa bath. The location is a little bit far from the main hotel zone but we liked it!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

For a 4 star, a better shower and a sink faucet that is not about to break and fall over, a fridge that is cold, the constant music starting at 11am

Food was good and reasonably priced especially the lunch around the pool. The dinner menu had a few good Mexican plates...lime soup, trilogy of tacos, Aztec pie, calmar. Good for the money. The first night we didn’t get the room we booked. We got the pink lit, jacuzzi one! Second day we changed with no problem to a balcony room facing the ocean overlooking the pool. Much nicer!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Breakfast could have been better, had to speak to the Director to get things that were a miss sorted out (handled perfectly and made up for the issues)

Drinks were great, food by the pool was good

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Terrible service, terrible condition of the property and horrible stay. I am my sure how they have gotten away with listing g this hotel as a 4 star but it is nothing close to 1 star. The check in staff is terrible (it took about an hour to check in after a few arguments about the reservation) and the property is in poor condition. The elevators are very old, the rooms are dated and the doors don’t even lock. There was no hot water, no water pressure to even enjoy a cold shower. No ice (they charge for ice) and there was a police tape next to our room with dozen of police man and none one would bother to tell us what was happening. Thankfully, this was just a stop to catch a flight back to the us but I will never recommend staying in this filthy property. Do yourself a favor and put away a few more dollars and spend more elsewhere. I did not feel safe at all.

Absolutely nothing

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Did not get what I put in the other request .Ask for both rooms with two double beds got both with king bed . Request room change would not do any thing for you!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

- definitely needs renovations and attention to cleaning - reception staff was not very friendly

- beachfront - room size - cheap prices in bars and restaurants

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The hotel itself is very run down and the floor we stayed on was under construction seemed like we shouldn’t have been up there and our key card would not work to get in the room and no activities going on in the beach/pool area elevator seemed like it could break any second. Room and bathroom are not good quality should not be called a resort.

The staff in the front was very nice didn’t charge us for checking out within an hour which was very nice

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Staff told me shop was 15 minutes away by bus... when we explored the area there was a shop directly opposite the hotel. Sand and limescale coming out of the hot tub Dirty curtains, marks all over them One towel between two in the bathroom Dry tasteless expensive food... amazing restraunt across the road over looking the sea for a better price. Woke up both days at 6.00.am The first time was due to clanging of plates outside our room for about 10 minutes. The second time dragging of tables and chairs outside out room. Checked in early and had to wait around for 2 hours when we were finally able to get in our room at 3 we had to wait an hour for our suitcases. Even going and asking 2 times for them ourselves.  And not being able to take them Sewage smell from toilet Whole hotel is an eye sore needs a major revamp Nice view of the sea from room, ruined by paint a over the windows People constantly in and out of our room. Felt we could never relax When booked the photos looked amazing... clearly they were taken about 20 years ago as the hotel looks nothing like the photos.

Free brut in room.

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

The hotel is a mess ... it is old and being refurbished ... there was nothing to like ... it was crap of the highest order ... I travel all the time for work and am aware of how bad this review is ... I do not normally bother with reviews ... but my advice is do not even think about going to this hotel until it has completed its renovation ... and then think twice ... because hotel quality comes from the manager not the building.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Place is run down, needs major renovation, would not dream of wiping myself with the dingy yellowish towels. They stole a pair of shoes from my luggage while we were out. Checked out that afternoon. Staff is rude. They chased us down ro the parking asking for the late checkout penalty payment which we had already paid, before asking their co-workers. Absolutely the worse place I have ever stayed.

Absolutely NOTHING!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

There were cockroaches big ones and for long after reported a glass of wine with liquid broken by The only elevator that was working

The building is in serious bad shape, elevators are rusted and work on and off, it feels dangerous and very unsafe for healthy issues

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Room and hotel in general a little tired, breakfast wasn't good. On-site food was absolutely awful! The Hotel Zone in general lacks any depth to it beyond the stunning beach and ocean.

The location at the quiet end of the Hotel Zone, the pool, the beach, and the sea view hot tub in the room. We only stayed 2 nights as a starting point for our Mexican adventure. I would have been disappointed if this was the only place we booked.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

The resort is in very poor poor condition. Definitely not what I expected. The lobby area looked a little worn down and drapes in lobby looked pretty dirty. I did not expect a 5 star hotel because I know I didn't pay that price but there were a lot of issues. Especially a lot of issues in the room. Door hinges were barely on .. window latch was falling off.. AC didn't really work.. shower had a weird green stain, that kind of made it look like mildew and mirror in bathroom had mold spots. Pillows were marked "firm" or "soft" and i'm guessing are now pretty old so it was more like we had either soft or flat pillows. The gesture of a fruit plate in the room at arrival is a nice thought but the plate had 80% cheeses and was wrapped in thin plastic. I did not eat this because it's dairy, it was very humid and who knows how long it sat out before I arrived in my room. Don't know how many people would feel comfortable eating this. Very dissapointing experience. I am only providing 3 pictures but there were numerous issues. Would not stay here again.

The view of the beach from my room.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Despite overall I satisfied with hotel and even not crowded beach and pool, only one really have disappointed - noise from the ventilation system in the room. On 6th floor it is almost like you are in plane, not the hotel. Even on 4th floor it still not comfortable. Sometimes noise got louder and sometimes it was tolerable. I suspect ventilation in bath is causing this, as you cannot switch it off, it seems connected to roof. Maybe I was not so lucky, or it's common on lagune side... still it does not gave much problem to me personally as I like to sleep in planes :) But still guys, you need to do smth about it

Nice location not far away, about 10 mins walking, from Mayan ruins (El Rey) where you can find also a big iguanas' colony. The hotel itself is not new (least to say), but very clean. Staff is very friendly and ready to assist. All charges are applied to account (even tips), so a piece of advise - close the account evening before you leave and make sure that you get paper with 0 balance (check that deposit during check-in is returned or fully consumed), otherwise it could take quite some time in morning to check out, so do come to reception at least 20 min before your bus/taxi etc. Also know that it could be moderate waives in sea, as wind constantly blow from sea to lagune side which make guards to put red flags.

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Was very nice but the smoke right outside the rooms and when I had to leave early because the smell they didn't want to refund me some money

Was ver

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Due to there being one or two young people's groups, there was some noise, on a couple of nights around 3 and 4 in the morning.

The location was excellent, staff most helpful, food was very good. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Was treated completely unprofessionally by a few staff members, very far down the hotel strip

The room with jacuzzi, the pool, the afternoon treats and welcome mimosa. Local bus right outside.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

I had a very serious problem with the hotel, and for this reason I do not recommend Hotel Bel Air Collection to anybody. My colleague and I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks. Only one of the safety boxes worked in our two rooms so we put all our money in the safety box of one room. During the first weekend we realized that half of our money (15900 MXN) was missing. We have immediately reported the theft to the hotel and to the police. My greatest disappointment was the way the hotel dealt with the theft. - They refused to make a proper investigation on who entered the room. - After we reported the theft the lock data on staff entry was deliberately deleted. - They refused to show us the security camera footage. - They charged my credit card immediately after the theft without my prior consent. - They refused to make a proper, signed report on their internal investigation. The manager said that she does not sign anything. We had a very stressful one week long discussion about the theft with the management, that mainly consisted of us chasing someone in charge who can deal with the issue, and is accountable. The above facts were revealed accidentally during these meetings. Be aware, that there are other serious problems with the hotel, it's very far from being a 4star, it is basically rotting away and clearly there are no investments to make it up to standard. Some examples: chipping plaster, dirty grouts, ceiling and lamps were leaking after storm, unsecured glasses on balcony, poor food. (I have attached the pictures.) You also have to ask everything 3-4 times to get it done once. Conclusion: It seems that a group of staff can open the safety boxes (without master key) and many guests are robbed. The hotel covers it up, and it is done so smartly that most people do not notice it. Also, check out on Youtube how to open hotel safety boxes, you will be surprised! ***** He tenido una experiencia muy mala, así yo no recomiendo Hotel Bel Air Collection a nadie.

Staff is extremely polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Poor Check In , Check-Out capabilties, Toilet backed up, ceiling leaked over toilet, failure to replace toilet paper and leave new fresh towels. Confortataion with staff.

Not much.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Out dated building, paint chipping, furniture rusting. You can only purchase food if you leave a deposit but then they will only give you back pesos on the money you didn't spend. They dont disclose all information of upfront. They have no real concierge services, the setup is poor with long waits to have simple questions answered

Has potential to be better under new management

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The rooms are dated, the lobby is a mess, the towels are available half the time for the beach, twice our room was never even cleaned. The shower is cold. It's a dump.

Very dirty, very dated, horrible food. Just a really cheap place. Definitely not going back there again.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Rooms need renovation. The balcony door was creaky and needed a forceful pull to open and close. It was so old that the rubber insulation on the door fell off, and so the wind (which usually is strong since this is beachfront) was blowing into the room. It made a loud squeaking noise constantly (imagine the noise when you're driving high speeds with your car window being open just a crack, but louder). The bathroom mirror was dirty and very old. The lights in our room stopped working, and when I turned them back on I started to smell a hint of burning plastic from the ceiling. This was the only time a hotel room made me feel unsafe.

The location was fantastic, and it was very easy to get around from here with the shuttle. When checking in, we were offered drinks and the staff was welcoming. Nice balcony view of the infinity pool and the ocean.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Restoran stuff often was arrogant and not friendly. Specialy older stuff members. Young guys always very friendly.

View from the room was awesome and room service girls really friendly :)

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The internet in this hotel drives me crazy. It would be better if they directly tell people that they don't have wifi. And it takes forever to check-in and check-out. I just don't know why they make people wait for that long.

The sea is pretty.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Was a bit a mess, we didn't had towels, got the wrong key, phone didn't work, light of the room didn't work etc. but they are reconstructing right now so later will be really nice I guess!

Really nice pool and directly at the beach. Big room

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Hotel is very very old. Every night at 4am I was awoken by crashing noises and people doing maintenance in the room above. Very hard to get back to sleep as the sound is on going. Rooms were fine, but the hotel itself was very run down. We rang the front desk to fix our lights and no one ever turned up. Not near any nice restaurants or bars, it is quite far from the busy area. It was very quiet

Pool was amazing! View from bedrooms of the beach and pool was the most beautiful view I have seen in a hotel. Sushi restaurant was very nice. We did all inclusive, the options we got under the all inclusive was great

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

A bit further away from the shopping malls. Nothing fancy but has its own style. Some of the balcony doors, safes and lights didn't work but were fixed when asked.

Yes it's dated but the staff were excellent, the price was good, the gym was small and adequate but only opens at 9am.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Water leaking from the bathroom ceiling roof, noise at the hallway from people talking and cart being pushed, wind whistling through the balcony door cracks, staff ignoring one's requests just to name a few.

Nothing... the hotel was not what I expected from what was sold through booking.com

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Run Of The House

Hotel room was under construction, just like half of the plane. There was water leaking from the bathroom ceiling. Breakfast was included, but not indicated where... Then they charged me for having taken it at the restaurant, which was the wrong place!!! Very unpleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Run Of The House

Some days, there was not enough breakfast and had to buy things outside.

Awesome view of the see from the balcony !! Very comfortable rooms and hotel amenities !! A lot of free drinks, fruits, desserts !!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Run Of The House

The WIFI signals were really bad even it was very difficult to browse anything. The Washroom lock was not working and there was drain problem in the Washroom sink.

The location of the hotel was really nice. There was two shops around and you can easily get Bus to go to Downtown. Hotel staff was really very friendly and helpful. The view from the hotel was excellent.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The room was a bit old (could do with a fresh coat of paint) but clean and perfect for our short stay

Great value for money, lovely pool and view, great view from lagoon view room The staff are friendly and advised us on best way to get to the city centre and some restaurants Nice blue Hawaiian cocktails and beer and a big open space area near the bar to relax on the couches and gaze at the stars

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Bathroom ended up extremely flooded after a shower. Towels for the pool were not always available.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Location was fine, easy to catch a bus out the front. Pool was good.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Wifi didn't work in bedroom. Hotel could probably do with a paint but for the price you can't complain. If you ask a member of staff a question they would tend to disappear and never return.

Good value for money. Beach is amazing! Comfy sunbeds. Nice pool, good service. Quite far from the town but it didn't make any difference to us, 15 mins in a taxi. Supermarket across the road. We booked the room only and still got free soft drinks in our room each day.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

I wish my stay had been longer than a week. The worst thing about my stay was having to leave at the end!

Loved our stay. We stayed there for our honeymoon and it was the perfect romantic getaway.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Very poor costumer service. This ''hotel'' is falling apart. We booked for 8 nights and from the first night we found out that it was a big mistake. The toilet ceiling was leaking. The balcony door was stuck. The AC was not that good. The pool area is very noisy due to construction works. Avoid this trap.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Food could be better, but considering its an all inclusive it wasn't bad.

Our room view was amazing!! The infinity pool is breathtaking and the jacuzzi in the room was a plus! The staff is very hospitable and friendly! We had an amazing time!

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Service was really poor. Many services were sporadic. Very inconsistent attention to the room; sometimes they left no towels and we had ask someone to get them. We called once, and asked in person twice to get some help with a non-working TV - they never did come to the room. No receipts at pool bar so we had no idea what to expect at checkout.

Bed was very comfortable. Everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The internet connection is not that good.

Very helpful and friendly staff, the food at the restaurants was all excellent and the complimentary sweets brought up to the room are a nice touch. The place is kept clean at all times with several people cleaning sweeping etc all the time. Also the pool area is amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

the bed was so hard my hips went numb at night mattress is dirty cant even imagine how long those mattresses being in service mattress is torn all over no a/c in the room I stayed in room 5501 I reported the a/c not running and the ceiling is leaking when it rain horrible horribleeeee birthday vacation i just did'nt want to complain too much since my boyfriend took me there for my birthday but they really need to do and upgrade at this place

nothing it was horrible nothing like describe terrible experience

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Every inch of the hotel is frayed, chipped, moldy, broken, peeling and grungy. I refused a room because it overlooked the dumpster area. After I informed the asst. manager I have been a member of IATA for 19 years we got a decent room.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Everything from the cracked floors chipped leaky ceilings broken shower and bad wall outlets

Nothing !!!!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Receptionists trying to rip people off, leaking toilet, balcony door impossible to open, old elevators. No entertainment.

Location and the pool.

Old furniture

Location and size of the resort. Not to big so it never felt crowded

• Deluxe Lagoon View

room was awful no hot water no air condition

location was good

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Super friendly staff and great food. The location was perfect for us. Definitely be back.

Room was small

The pool

The breakfast was poor

The beach was reallyvcliae to the hotel

Happy

Very good

Sunset at terrace

Food, not that great

Clean rooms, beach

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

Staff wasn’t friendly also the bathroom was leaking

Bad flush in toilet

Location is great by the beach, nice staff!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Breakfast is could be better

The hotel war close to the beach

huge cockroaches

• Deluxe Lagoon View

There was nothing to like.

Nothing. Place is a mess. It is nothing like the pictures on the internet.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Lagoon View

there's only public wifi in this hotel!!!! the door broke since the second day.

location is ok

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Ocean View Suite with Hot Tub

A lot of cockroaches in the bathroom.

The beach

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Free upgrade for the duration of the stay!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Menu was limited "Gym" is too small

Employees of hotel

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The hotel is outdated and needs renovation.

The location and staff of the hotel were exceptional.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Run Of The House

Would have been nice if breakfast was included

Stunning views over the ocean and lovely room

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Toilet broken, door locks broken, bad food, weAK drinks

Beach is awesome

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Not enough resturants and no wifi in bedrooms

Staff were so nice and I loved shipwreck island

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Very poor internet connection. Definitely not the "4stars hotel". Old.

Located on the beach

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

When we first arrived the sheets on our bed were dirty and stained. It took hours before we received replacements. Housekeeping is slightly laxed. The rooms were not cleaned often, and I had to keep asking for additional towels.

Every staff member was friendly. Greeted us with smiles and gave us 5 star treatment. The layout of the property was very nice. Servers were quick and the food was pretty tasty. The staff did their best to accommodate request and make us feel welcomed.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

The state of the hotel is terrible. It's old, and it looks like they haven't invested any money in it in a long time. I was pretty displeased at this, since the pictures in the webiste show a very different face.

The staff were nice and helpful.

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Bel Air Collection Resort and Spa Cancun traveller photo gallery