Reviews of The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun 5 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan KM 20, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#95 of 161 hotels in Cancún

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The customer service was terrible. I really have a bad experience with the attention and service provide it. The refrigerator in the room was not working and I reporte the issue and after an hour somebody came to just let me know that the unit is was there just to use as a storage but for nothing else. Another bad experience was that the person in charge for the towels in the pool denied me to provide me towels just because I have to provide a card.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

It’s credit card only which was inconvenient because we wanted to use our pesos before going home, but overall this place was great!

Everything! It’s going to be beautiful when it’s completed! The staff were awesome...I requested a room with king bed, balcony and early check in and all requests were granted, with no issues! Great experience at the Westin Cancún!!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

We had a room in the basement which I cannot recommend. Try to get a room in higher floor levels, basement is not very nice.

Very noce beach zone and proper cleaning of sea gras every morning.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Receptionist on check out day very arrogant. I was surprised to see that I still had to pay a balance when I assumed the bill was settled two days ago. When I requested to see the previous bill in pounds as payments were only shown in local currency the receptionist became arrogant and demanded the payment. Which by the way, I paid but wanted to know why the difference. It was handled poorly. I was unhappy to pay for a Lagoon view room as all I could look at was a car park. I mentioned to receptionist but she ignored me. There’s no music in the gym and working out facing a wall is completely awful. Have asked to use the sauna, but it wasn’t working at the time.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Everything, poor service, disgusting room, construction on the hotel (jack hammers going on at the pool all day), overcharged on our bill. We thought it would be solid because it was a Westin, but from check in to really poor, rude service and old, dirty facilities I would not recommend it.

Nothing, it was honestly the worst way to end such a wonderful trip.

• King Room with Balcony - Lagoon View

The pool has the worst hours and there is nothing nearby to walk to or shop at! Plus only one restaurant accessible!

Staff was extra helpful and very sweet! The bell boys are amazing!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The room was just ok (no floor mats on a tile floor meant lots of sand in the bed). The hotel is being renovated (repairs listed on booking.com to be complete in March were... followed by even more we were not told about, so much of the resort was closed and we dealt with construction the whole time. Buildings being built, light fixtures being put up in hallways, etc.) so that was annoying. Also we were not aware this was a timeshare/vacation club. So we were bugged at least once a day to join.

The view from the room was amazing. The beach was really nice. The food in the fancy restaurant was really good (once we found it on the last night). Location was great, close to the airport, the bus line ends near the foot of the driveway, and there was a circle k within walking distance. Quiet area with not a lot of shops and noise (besides construction).

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Make sure you check the check in and check out time before you book. And the hotel restaurant don't have much options of Mexican food. And they don't allow to use pool post 8PM (that was shocking for me for this "big" hotel)

• Deluxe Lagoon View

You’re not close to town and you must take a taxi just about anywhere. It also seems that there could be a little more training from front desk staff. During our stay we had a couple of mishaps with the front desk.

The property was beautiful. Right on the beach. With a beautiful pool.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Loud & inconsiderate guests slammed doors & yelled in the halls from 8pm to past midnight. We had to turn on the AC to drown out the noise, which was on really high so it took a while to get to sleep. Note: I specifically requested a quiet room for the night as we had a 4:30am wake up call for our long flight home.

Clean, nice amenities like fresh smelling soaps & the beachfront location was great. Steak tacos, Club Sanswich & Mac ‘n’ Cheese were very delicious & delivered poolside.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Room disappointing. No little store on property. Only options for food right on property. Staff at sports bar while trying to sit on patio for dinner was rushed & not aware of our needs. Ended up leaving & had to go to other restraunt. Strange set up of elevators in location to lobby.

Beach & water was beautiful

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Overpriced with old rooms conditions, and gym facilities almost none, sport bar overpriced and bad food quality, the room where we stayed was a recently renovated but bathroom conditions where super old, and when take shower all the water came out.

Bed is very big and comfortable!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

All staff was so helpful and accommodating. When I needed to book another night, they were honest with me about cost for them booking it vs me booking it online. Was very easy to get to the airport for an early morning flight.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Excellent service above and beyond in all areas. Amenities were awesome. Overall Well maintained and staff that's always pleasant and extremely helpful. The concierge remembered my name! Would readily recommend the Westin!

• King Room with Balcony - Lagoon View

Lots of kids and not much of anything to do at night

Pool area right on beach front, the amazing breakfast buffet, comfy bed and the super friendly helpful staff!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The initial room was one of the 'old' rooms - really not worth the price you pay. These 'old' rooms are on the lowest floor with a terrace. Old, rusty, dirty feel, but clean room - After much complaining, and back and forth this was changed to one of the 'upgraded' rooms which was much better in terms of look and feel and value. (but no terrace)

Nice beaches good hotel facilities - concierge service great. Rooms are good if in one of the 'upgraded' rooms and not the 'old' rooms

• Deluxe Lagoon View

This was my second time returning this property staff is always nice they let me check in early. I used the concierge desk to book a tour which was a little bit challenging because I only had today's and most of the tours they offered was not available. However we end up booking one that was and it was very nice enjoyable and memorable.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Old carpet in hallways needs to go..gym was non existent may be under construction needs to be completed.

The rooms are nice and the grounds and the restaurants are very good!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Loudest hotel during the night ever, not possible to pay anything in cash, our request to get a doggy bag with an apple and juice before heading to the airport was denied, not at all my expectations of a “spa” hotel, no European Westin standard

Close to the airport

• Deluxe Lagoon View

We had out do not disturb sin taken off our door and put into our room twice. Multiple.phone calls early in the morning while asked to not be disturbed do the long travel (near airport) Woken up sked to go to lobby to receive a gift... it was a really use able bag. Luckily I needed one for my laundry. Atms broken. They won't give recommendations for any other restaurants than their own or their partners Open light bulbs in shower? No main light in room. No window to open more than 4 inch Our doors to black out windows were broken very heavy to try to move. Windows filthy to the view. Gym equipment not hooked up to power and windows frosted from the view? Cockroach in gym... we have video. Spa and salon was packed up? A huge let down for the price. Was told it was 112 a night and was charged way extra. The worst is that they would give up real milk for coffee. Also brought us decaf coffee bags and said to open them to take out a pack of coffee mate for the coffee. So wasteful. So sad. I went down to look by myself and got milk that was provided to people looking at tours/checking in. Orders forgotten and you can only use your card to pay outside in the pool area but the machines never work. I don't know why anyone would ever stay here when there's 100 othe amazing places in cancun. It's like they bought a 2 star hotel and wrote westin on it. Lobby is beautiful - rest is budget. Very disapointing. I work in tourism and have friend's and family that work at the Westins in Canada. Wish I didnt waste my money here.

Nice beach and chairs Pool is nice/OK no hot tub... The pretend wave is awesome ! I had an amazing lesson there... great instructor. Really nice staff except that I feel we were being looked down on here. Lobby is beautiful. Front desk is a far walk from any room and the elevator is in a weird hidden spot. People were always going to wrong floors. Rude and uninformative staff at desk during check in.

Everything was great.

We loved everything. Everyone was SO nice, the views were beautiful, the food was good. We literally walked outside right into paradise. Can’t beat that!

• Royal Beach Club Ocean View

I was aware of the construction before we booked and look forward to seeing the improvements on a future trip, you could definitely hear the jackhammering but seriously when out on the beach it was not bad at all. In order to offer the SPG experience you have to update but if you needed to lay little ones down or take a nap the main building and not Beach Club would probably be better.

Every employee was helpful and kind. Check in takes a few minutes but not too long. The room we stayed in faced the ocean with a gorgeous view, the ocean sound was a bit loud (who knew) but you could close the doors down and they had great black out curtains too. Happy hour and the best breakfast spread I have ever had great for vegans and non-vegans alike. The pool and hot tub was well maintained.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The concierge staff is quite annoying every time you walk by they were always trying to get you to sign up for a presentation to buy a time share. I’m Here For Vacation!! Please stop trying to sell me something I don’t need!

I love the fact the hotel Is right on the beach.

• King Room with Balcony - Lagoon View

Sports Restaurant was expensive for simple food. No later check out and noise level of doors closing was high. Fan in the room sounded like a jet turning on and off all night. ATM fee in the lobby was crazy high. The ATM was there to make a lot money rather then convience of guest

Things were ok

• Villa

The fact we booked rooms for 6 people and that there were only 3 beds available when we arrived … Very disappointing, even more when you're jetlag and late because of cancelled flight. We couldn't have our room ready before 2:30 in the middle of the night. I guess there was a problem between Westin and Booking: not good. Fortunately the staff did all they can to help and get us extra beds.

The view. The beach. The staff that helped us.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

It is not an environmentally friendly hotel, you can't even drink tap wather like in most hotels, so you have to use at least one plastic bottle daily, their soap and shampoo are fully wrapped in plastic, and you can see small little pieces of plastic all along the beach, sometimes guests (unconcious ones) order some drinks bottled or not and they leave their plastic items abandoned right by the beach, staff takes almost a day to pick them up while the wind can drag it to the sea and contaminate more the environment...even when you are eating at the restauran they serve in songle use plastic containers... The concierge team, they are a bit unprofessional one lady approached me and started asking questions and assuming I was there with my husband and trying to sell something.

Loved the facilities, they have a great pool, friendly receptionist, great location, food is great but bit expensive tho

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Hold facilities although there are ongoing renovations. Nothing to do in the hotel in the night or during the day. Pretty boring. Low value for money.

Location. Staff and service.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The coffee maker did not work, neither the hair dryer. I complaint and waited and waited and the replacement never came. I left for the airport with wet hair. The breakfast was very expensive for what they offered. The cleanliness was very lacking overall, and the room looked very worn out and old.

The beach and the location, the grounds were very nice.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Staff at front desk not so friendly. The guy at front desk had to ask about my checking in and it seemed as though we had done them a wrong by booking via BOOKING app. He did finally book us in- but made me feel as if he had done us a favor. The beachfront at the hotel was pretty clean. But the water is not as friendly as the north (km 3-8), wher the waters are calm as if it was a lake. This is why the hotel is really too expensive for its location. One doesn’t really get the Caribbean beach experience.

The room was comfortable. The bed was great. Small fridge in room great. Television with good channel selection. Location was convenient- away from loud part of hotel zone. Convenience stores close by. Relatively close to airport. Parking was good- but confusing at first. Pool was nice- but this is because I like to swim laps.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Conviently located at the south end of the Hotel Zone- so super slose to the airport (12 min taxi) Great aesthetic, good pool, and nice beaches! Would definitely return.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

No breakfast included . Or any other meals . You have to buy from the resort restaurant and it’s a little overpriced.

Amazing resort. Very clean, staff is extra friendly and try to make you as comfortable as possible, my bed was huge and super comfy, and my best part was the pool and beach . Sooo clean and so beautiful . I’m definitely coming back here when I’m in Cancun again

• King Room with Balcony - Lagoon View

The room was a bit tired looking. The floor tiles and bathtub were painted over. The bathtub had a grey bath ring around it. I didn’t recognize it as a Starwood property. That said, the property is being renovated. The lobby renovation is complete and looks great! Hopeful that the hotel will sparkle when all the Renovations are complete.

The waiters and food were excellent. We got a good price for the room, so could can live with the tired feeling of the room. The pool and outdoor bar were fun. The beachfront is wonderful and there were plenty of chaise loungers available. Liked the location as it is in the north of the hotel zone and is close to the airport. We enjoyed our stay and would come back.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Our holiday in Mexico didn't start very well. We got old smelly mouldy room which reminded us of living in a wine cellar. It was in the ground floor in the old part. The patio door lock fell off as we opened the door so the room didn't feel very secure at all. The room was definitely not up to Westin standard. I had booked the room for 3 people and when we arrived they had a room ready for 2. Our request of two separate beds was not possible to arrange. Finally extra bed arrived and we managed to get some sleep after our long flights.

Beach was lovely

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Cancun is not for us. Luckily we visited some wonderful places in elsewhere Mexico.

This was the second time in this hotel and this time we got nice room with two beds as requested. Unfortunately Cancun is a destination without any soul and the hotel was the same. Never going back to Cancun or this hotel sorry

• Deluxe Lagoon View

No shuttle like advertised. Waited 15 minutes at the restaurant for service only to go inside and ask for menu items to which they said go sit down. Still no service so left. Cost is high for budget hotel. Outdated. Thank god only stayed 1 night couldn’t last more.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Unlike what was stated on booking.com, I was told there was no shuttle bus to the airport and they recommended me to take a taxi which is $350 pesos.

The staff was really polite and helpful. The beach is spectacular and the food was nice.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The restaurant choices were below average. However, the most disappointing aspect was no gift/convenience store on the property to buy miscellaneous items. Also, the hotel location was not ideal as it wasn’t in walking distance to other restaurants and shopping.

The staff were fantastic. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Balcony - Ocean View

For what we paid I thought we would get a better looking room. It was old and not updated. Hall ways smelled. Not clean lots of kids all over the place. (Not that,that is a bad thing) pool areas very crowded and not very good. Seriously just pass on this place! Small shower! They tried to updated your regular old tub by adding a surround which makes it looks worse. Everything is just painted over. Seriously just pass!

Ocean view that’s about it!!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Pool/beach service was very slow. Restaurant at night time was extremely slow. Took over one hour to get our food. (not enough kitchen staff to meet demand of guests food orders. Did not like the 10am checkout time and no flexibility to adjust slightly. Several calls to reception went unanswered. (again assuming it was busy)

Location and convenience to airport. Room was very comfortable. A very nice property and excellent beach.

• Royal Beach Club Lagoon View

Hotel is super dated and not up to the Weston brand. Part of the hotel is renovated, but we stayed in the “club” section which is meant to be more exclusive and it was old and crummy.

Location was nice.

• Royal Beach Club Ocean View

The evening reception could be improved. The staff are inefficiently utilized. I understand that the staff are service oriented, but having them serve the initial food/beverages and then options of inside refills AND continued table service would be more efficient and appreciated by guests. Robes in the room for all guests would be nice. We did have an initial issue checking in, but this was due to Booking.com, NOT the Westin. The Westin staff resolved this issue, but it would not be the way I would want my guests to begin their holiday.

This property is in a quiet location away from all the clubs and night life. It's also easily accessible to these area on the local bus that runs up & down the resort area. We stayed in the Westin Club area & rooms. The room was very nice with unlimited coffee & bottled water being VERY appreciated. The Westin club areas are wonderful and less crowded. We were always able to get beach chairs & umbrellas. Easy to walk over to the heated pool and restaurants. The breakfast included was wonderful; a good mix of Mexican, American & European selections. The evening reception was ok, could improve. This was our second stay at this hotel and I would select this property again with the club option.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Wow....what an amazing resort!!! First of all the Westin is located on the most stunning white beach with turquiose sea - superb for reef snorkelling just off the coast (you can swim in amongst shoals of angel fish) The resort has numerous beautiful swimming pools plus the bonus of having its own 'Flow Rider' - food and cocktails around the pool areas were amazing, great quality and delicious...incredible to have vegan and vegetarian food on the menu too. All the staff were great, very friendly (especially the pool area staff - took a great pride in making everything looks tidy and clean, including the beach) We got given a free upgrade on our room which we loved, massive room with its own patio overlooking the garden/lagune - hotel is very clean and is currently in the process of being refurbished/repainted. Stunning resort and wish we could have stayed longer, can't wait to come back again!!!!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

I thought coffee was consistently mediocre but I like strong coffee and there is a Starbucks in the timeshare across from the hotel. Staff was competent but always seemed slightly harried, especially wait staff by the pool.

Breakfast buffet was delicious, and I thought of good value for the quality and quantity of food. Lots of construction but did not impact stay. Housekeeping was good and staff worked hard and was friendly

• Deluxe Lagoon View

They lost our reservation, and I didn’t get the rooms I booked. Cockroaches in the hallways, and rooms were in great need of repairs. The plumbing was bad, and we had maintenance in our rooms daily.

Food at the restaurant was very good, and so was the staff.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Staff were pretty rude and didn’t smile or extend themselves for you. Even at the kids club they constantly told me negatives and never once told me what a great time the kids had, even though my kids had fun.

The location. I like th pools and beach at your door step. I like the space and that it didn’t feel overcrowded.

• Royal Beach Club Ocean View

The bathroom could use a deep clean and update, the food was mediocre and caused me to get sick

The location, the beach, the room, the tv, our greeting

• Royal Beach Club Ocean View

Service and staff absolutely not up to thier job and the property they work at.... Check in miserable...waited 4 hours for our room to get ready. 4h? And hotel was not fully booked. Really could that room not be cleaned in an hour or two??? Maybe prioritized since guests are already there??? Just maybe? Our room cleaned only after 2-3PM every day and only after we would call and request to have it cleaned...Dont know if they are short with housekeeping staff or they are doing a really bad job..but it seems so, as rooms are never done and there is always a nice excuse for it when i asked. I asked, COMPLAINED and our room was not cleaned at all on our last day, and as I was told by Supervisor on Duty, maybe she forgot to come back as she is too busy?! I asked to speak to Guest Services Manager 3 times, I was reached out only after I wrote to the hotel on Facebook...and he did it just to brush it off not actually to do anything for my concerns...said I can reach out to him anytime, I never managed to reach out to him again...Supervisor on Duty was 'good enough' to deal with me only because I was not making drama but being actually nice...they thought everything can be solved with the complementary bottle of wine...no its not about getting anything for free but doing a service you offer being a certain brand and having certain level. I was even corrected by Guest Services Manager that they are actually not 5* hotel but 4*. Whaaat?!?!? You as a Manager say something like that to a guest? That is ok then for not caring for your guest concern since you are 4* not 5*???? On a last day we asked for late check out, and imagine it was arranged for us due to all our concerns. We just need to get out of our room and get the keys for a lower category room, which was not a problem at all. We left our room at 11:30AM, advised reception (Elisabeth, even I can say rude) that our bags can be brought down and we are ready for keys to new room.

Nice smaller size hotel, compared to giant hotels in Cancun. We stayed in Royal Beach Club where rooms are very spacious, breakfast and happy hour with light snack included in your room price. Restaurant and bar staff at the pool on the Royal Club rooms amazing, experienced, excellent...what a hard working and wonderful gentlemen!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable about what to do and where to go. They were genuinely helpful. The outdoor restaurant food and wine were excellent.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

There were some american female guests who where making a lot of noise all night long. The staff could't seem to handle them as they keep returning asking them to curb the noise but they didn't take it further. I would have called the police right away, considering that the guests were showing a total lack of respect in regards of the staff. Too bad.

Excellent location, right on the beach. Very nice room with lovely laguna view, big comfy beds and facilities.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Bath water drain worked but all Kinds of debris came up In the separate shower stahl s I could not/would not use the shower. Better check ur plumbing in the remodel job.

Lose to airport.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Better pillows, and cotton duvet covers for more comfort

Staff was friendly, Cleanliness over all was good Pool and beach were very nice and food was excellent ! Loved the veggie burger in sports bar and the exquisite food and service in oceanfront restaurant, romantic setting if desired. New remodeled areas, were very noticeable

• Royal Beach Club Ocean View

In the process of being remodeled. Old feel. Buffet food was below average.

Wonderful beach. Convenient to airport and tours. Nice onsite restaurant. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Our concierge Josue went way out of his way for us. Thanks Josue!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

I secured and confirmed the booking with Bookings.com but this same secured debit card was not accepted upon arrival. US dollars were also not acceptable, only Mexican Pesos. But once Westin conditions were meet all other purchases and end-of-contract balances were secured with this same Debit card. Because of this policy, additional dollar-to-pesos costs were added to the reservation. This policy should have been part of Bookings.com booking process to alert customers of this added charge.

It’s closeness to the airport

• Royal Beach Club Ocean View

The location was phenomenal. Cancun has a lot of red flags, and this hotel is located towards the end of the island. In the edge you can walk to a wave breaker (3 minutes walk) and basically turns the sea into pool (green flags) for you to relax and swing.

Maybe the WiFi signal in the room. But it wasn't that necessary 😊

We loved everything about it... it was just as the images!!! My girls My husband and I had sooo much fun! The food was delicious, the staff was super friendly and it was so close to the airport, we would definitely come back!!!

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

First of all, we love it here - that's why this is our third stay. They took away the swim-up bar, and the servers did not do a good job of offering drinks and food, or paying general attention (waited over for 20 minutes to get the two beers we ordered? more than once) in lieu of the bar. They should bring back the swim-up bar. It also helped create a buffer zone between relaxing adults and wild kids. Also, our room had a leak in the bathroom's ceiling, which left a puddle in the middle of our bathroom floor every morning... clearly not quite what we were expecting from a Westin. In general the entire property needs a real face-lift. I know they are remodeling, but that doesn't justify leaving the rest of the older rooms in disrepair. They also closed one of the on-site restaurants, which limits on-site dining choices.

They offer a great breakfast buffet, with other breakfast choices. The new sports bar is a big improvement over what they had in the past, though their channels are somewhat limited. They put in a new outside bar on the east side (burgers, pizzas, snacks and drinks), I hope it's not to replace the swim-up bar, but it is a nice addition. They have both east and west side pools, which is great because you can have sun or shade in am or pm that way. The east side has several pools, plus nice loungers, and grass roofed "cabanas" on the beach, and more commotion. However, they put in a "FlowRider" apparatus on the west side, and though some may find it fun to try "surfing", others now may be annoyed by the constant noise which has significantly changed a previously tranquil area. Also, it's easy to catch an R-1 or R-2 bus north (right across the street) to Playa Delfines or to the mall for a variety of shops and restaurants (12 pesos each way as of Feb 2018).

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Being pressured into timeshare & holiday club 90 minutes presentation Plus this hotel is in a desperate need of renovations.

loved the people, cleaning & service staff

• Deluxe Lagoon View

It is surprising that digital card are uncommon for the hotel. The room was different from what is described in picture. It was good, nevertheless my expectation were higher.

The staff was gentle.

Nothing really

All perfect, long time i didn't have such a great experience at a hotel. Crow was helpful all the way long, we had requirements as weird check in out hours and all went through smoothly! Plus deco pools rooms amenities 5 stars. Of course Beach and views of Cancun beautiful.

• Royal Beach Club Lagoon View

The rooms were dated. Our first room was dirty upon check-in. The staff was great and immediately remedied the problem. Also be advised, if you plan to visit before Jan 2018, the property is currently undergoing construction so it can be a little chaotic.

Breakfast was exceptional.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Although our room was sold as having a “lagoon view”, we were on the ground floor so not high enough to see anything but the road and trees. The hotel is currently going through a major refurbishment so part of it was a construction site.

Staff are all only too happy to help make your stay as comfortable as possible. The food was good and beach magnificent.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The "resort" was basically a building site. Booked "deluxe lagoon view" which was looking on to work men and construction works, couldn't even sit outside the room on chairs due to noise and caution tape restrictions. To top things off when booking through booking.com I booked for $542 AUD but charged 3 times as much - almost 2000 AUD deducted from my credit card for 4 nights! Breakfast was also terrible with flies all around and on the food. Never had this issue with booking.com before as always very impressed with hotels. I have emailed the management regarding being over charged but not even a reply yet!!!

• Deluxe Lagoon View

There was a lot of construction on the site and you needed a golf cart to get to the spa or off the property. Facilities in the spa were limited because of the work being done.

Staff were excellent, location is very good being quiet but easy to reach other facilities, great beach.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Concierge kindly arranged dollar rate car hire with their Thrifty office. However office wouldn't accept dollar payment and exchange rate for Mexican peso payment used a ficticious rate costing us more obviously

Staff and breakfast and beach

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The ceiling dripped all night long in the entryway to my room, just outside the bathroom, so I had to put down a towel to avoid slipping (again) every time I went into the bathroom. Windows don't open in the room I stayed in. Got the beautiful ocean view, but couldn't hear it, which was a little disappointing.

The grounds were absolutely beautiful. The pools were some of the nicest I've seen, and the beach was amazing. I was there during off season so I had the beach to myself that night and got to witness a turtle crawl out of the ocean and lay her eggs! It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. The next morning the staff marks the location with a flag so people don't walk on the eggs. :-) Had dinner in one of the restaurants (the beachside one) - the staff was SO friendly, and the food was truly exceptional (I had a simply pizza with flank steak, and WOW - so good)! Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

We paid $500aud for three nights and complimentary breakfast wasn't even included! There were renovations going on all day long and it was so loud and irritating. The hotel didn't make us aware of this... I won't be staying there again!

The friendly staff, clean room and view

• Deluxe Lagoon View

One of the major reasons I booked this property was the airport shuttle, but we found out upon arrival that despite requesting this online along with the booking, they lost that piece of information in our request and told us they could not help us with a shuttle and we were on our own.

Perfect spot on the beach with great amenities.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

I want to start saying sorry for what i am about to say but we really didn't enjoy our time at the Westin. I want to say sorry especially to the concierge staff because they really tried to help us in every way (especially we want to thank Queency and Geena for their support) and because they only follow the hotel policy. We had problems during the check in because our cards weren't working and the reception girl indicated me the ATM machine just outside the reception. Only after i withdrew us dollars i found out they wouldn't accept them and, furthermore, the exchange rate in the hotel was really inconvenient! In the end we managed to pay two nights because the manager decided to "make an exception", making us feel really uncomfortable, as it seemed they were scared we wouldn't have paid the next day. We also booked, through the hotel, the excursion to see the whale-sharks with an agency they are used to work with, but we had to wait over two hours for the agent because the hotel wouldn't accept cash for tour bookings. Of course nobody came to pick us up for the excursion we paid for, and we weren't even offered breakfast in our two hours waiting. They kept apologizing and trying to convince us to do it the next day but, since it was our last one, we decided to be refunded. In conclusion they weren't able to demonstrate reactivity and flexibility in addressing efficiently our problems, living us in a limbo for hours or even days. Such a behavior cannot be acceptable for a 5 stars hotel.

What we really liked was the location; on the HOTELERA part of Cancun. The beach in front of the hotel was clean and well kept, as well as the swimming pool. The consierge staff is really helpful and committed in its job.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The property is under refurbishment which I did not know when booking it.

It was well located and the staff was great. Also great beds and great view of the beach

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Reception simply does not exist, small, humid and managed by very unprofessional personnel. when I asked to get access to the business center they said: its there, if it works.... And it did not, obviously. Cancun is the reign of low budget - all inclusive holidays makers, we knew. But this should be a five star hotel? In European standard this hotel could barely have three stars.... So you are advised: don't expect to find a quality there. Fortunately we spent 10 hours in the hotel since we were on a journey around Mexico by car. I imagine those who are expected to stay there for a week...

practically nothing.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

We understand that the property is under renovations however, there were some things that still didn't meet expectations. The food was not good and was expensive. We at breakfast at the El Palmar and the taste just wasn't there. Very bland and not worth the price we paid. We ordered room service one night and the food was under cooked and very salty (we ordered hamburgers, raw hamburger meat is not good). The service was good but food, not so much. The room was nice however, beds were uncomfortable and bedding smelled musty. Finally, we had booked a room with a king size bed however, upon arrival we were told none were available. It kind of put a damper on any type of romantic get away when we had to sleep in separate beds. However, since we could not get a room with a king bed we were given a room on ground level that opened up to a patio and the beach. That was a big plus.

Staff were nice and beaches beautiful.

• Deluxe Lagoon View

The hotel it self was horrible. Overall didn't look like a Westin Spa Resort. We were with no water for 3 days. 2 days no water at all and one day with hot water only so we couldn't flush the toilet and had to use buckets of water to flush it and had to take baths from a bucket. Management refused to reimburse my money to apply it towards a different hotel. They ONLY gave us free breakfast for the rest of our stay. I got food poisoning on the 3rd day and had to spent money in medicine and doctor visit. All of the installations were dirty and dusty. I knew about the hotel being under construction, but didn't know that there was going to be no water for 3 days and the place was going to be boring and dusty. Very disappointed. This hotel should be closed while is being under construction and not trying to make money while putting guests through a bad experience. This does not have to do with the hotel stuff, but with corporate poor decisions.

the color of the water was awesome and the fact that we were able to see sea turtles...

• Deluxe Lagoon View

Wrong room. Dated hotel. Old structures. I took pictures of 2 bugs. Pressure to buy a time share. Unprofessional cancelation of tour after no buying time share. I had to booked it again. Did no release all transportation options and gave us the more expensive one, more than double the cost. Hours without water. Needed shower.

Friendly staff. Hard workers

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Heavily under renovation. Loud drilling right next to the pool, heavy construction. This place looks like it won't be ready until next year. They put me in a VIP,section away from all of that which was very kind. Nice staff.

Good value for money, lovely staff.

• Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Trash cans didn't have bags, room entrance didn't have lighting. Breakfast room attendant didn't provide meal prices. Since there are no other restaurants near by their prices are way too high. Little ants by the coffee maker.

Browse The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun traveller photo gallery