Reviews of Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya All Inclusive - Adults Only 5 stars

Carretera Federal 307 Chetumal Puerto Juarez KM 311 500, 77710 Puerto Morelos, Mexico

#1 of 36 hotels in Puerto Morelos

9.7

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Our room had a very damp smell initially and there was certainly moisture in the room. However, once reported they sorted out the smell quickly. I would have preferred they offer a different room as there was clearly some damp, but it wasn’t too bad. Overall the room was great. Surprised they didn’t smell the damp though as it was so strong.

Great food, staff, amenities. All the restaurants were fantastic. The staff couldn’t have done much more thank they did. There’s plenty of choice for things to do.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Everything was wonderful! The beach was great the food was great. Me and my partner really enjoyed the foam pool party and massages on the beach. I would Def go back here again!

• Deal of the Day

The coffee in the room was weak and one day it was never replaced. An extra bottle of body lotion would have been great during our stay

The toilet backed up two days in a row so we requested a plunger be left in the bathroom. On the last day of our stay, the toilets backed up again but fortunately the plunger they left was used to fix the problem

• Deluxe Junior Suite

I booked a room for 2 people when I arrived they told me that it wasn't for two people and that I had to pay an additional $400.00! On top of the crazy amount I was already paying. I showed them that I booked a room for 2 adult but, they said because I did not enter the other guest name it did not count. Then when we get to the room they send us a happy anniversary gift. That's odd considering I was just told at the front desk that I didn't book a room for two people?! Just going through that at the beginning of our trip put a bad taste in my mouth for that place! The food was so average for what you pay for. Also the drinks are watered down. I am a light weight 2 drinks in the states and I'm good. There I had to drink 4 or 5 drinks just to feel something. Save your money and don't go there!!!!

They do have events so you can meet other guest while you there but, then again other places do that as well.

• Deal of the Day

Upon check-in I was expecting the payment to be already done (as normally does, through the reservation done within Booking.com), but the 'payment information' used on the reservation is not used and therefor I was requested to go through the payment process during the check-in. This might have been something I overlooked while doing the reservation though. Minimal issue!

The best hotel I have been so far! Everything is impecable: from the staff to the food, drinks and facilities. The beach is great and only for the guests. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Mexican caribbean seaweed plume is a problem right now. Stability in the region is concerning. Just about everything else was wonderful.

The Staff and grounds were excellent. We have stayed here before. And had an excellent experience. This time was not as great. Some staff members went far above and beyond as they did on our last stay, but others not so much. Probably will visit again if stability can be maintained in the Mexican Caribbean (big if).

• Deluxe Junior Suite

This resort is one of the nicest we have visited on the Riviera Maya. The pool is wonderful - always seating for various levels of sunning. Pool floats were plentiful and there are lots of activities throughout the day. Same is true for palapas/lounging at the beach. Service here is top-notch. Delicious and varied food and drink options. This was our second visit and we will be planning a third!

• Golden Superior Junior Suite

There wasn’t anything we didn’t like. It rained a few days while we were there. That’s about all that disappointed us.

Everything was fantastic! We loved being able to relax on the beach.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

What a big pity that all good things are destroy with the daily war to find a place arround the pool or on the beach. Despite a clear announced policy of “no reservation” this is a war each day to get a place with shadow or just a place. Already at 7.00 am almost all seats are reserved with towels... crazy! It was a nightmare. My wife is pregnant and it was extremly difficult to find just a place with shadow. There is not enougth parasol. Same with pool flooting carpet, kept and reserved all day even if not use. The hotel administration is doing nothing to fight against those practice, apart a blablabla on paper, no real will. Even, I was adviced by an employee to come earlier to reserve my place... Message to the resort management: You have to do something concrete if you don’t want to see your customers going in better managed places about this topic. You managed to impose a dress code in restaurant, so you could impose the respect of your other rules if you really want. It wasted my stay and is the reason I rate you poorly. When you will solve it, probably I’ll think to come back.

The restaurants are very good with diversity, nice decoration and excellent food. The resort is nice and staff always pleasant. So, globally its a good choice. .

• Deal of the Day

We had an issue just after arrival due to another guest's inappropriate behavior. It was handled very poorly by available management. They rectified their error later in our stay and we were happy with the end result.

Rooms very clean. Beach beautiful. Resort was at full capacity and we could always find a place to relax and a lounger. Food very good. Pools super nice.

• Deal of the Day

When we arrived, we were encouraged to upgrade our room by comparing pictures of our room (junior suite) with silver suites etc. We stayed with our original choice and were really happy with it- it was very spacious, had a jacuzzi bath and very clean. No need to upgrade so perhaps don't try and persuade everyone to do this.

The Valentin was absolutely amazing, I would recommend it to anyone. From having fresh tuna steaks/sirloin steaks/king prawns cooked fresh in front of you for lunch, to a brilliant beach and fantastic entertainment, it really was faultless. Thanks for a fantastic holiday!

• Silver Junior Suite

Even though we booked a Silver suite we were locted in the building further away from the beach. There are not enough hammocks around the pool so many guests wake up early in the morning just to reserve them (books, shoes, etc)...at 9am there are no free hammocks. They dont take reservations for dinner so you can have to wait 1 hour to be seated.

The resort is beautiful as well as the beach. Rooms are very nice, large and spacious. Restaurants and food are great.

• Deal of the Day

People by the pool were allowed to keep the blue floats by their loungers and not use them. People were actually arguing to use them! A better system needs to be put in place. Note also there is no airport shuttle or early check in / late check out as suggested on booming.com website.

The food, the staff, the facilities.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Loved the expansive grounds: manicured gardens, jungles and stone paths! The food overall was excellent with just a few missteps during a ten day visit. We rented a pool bed/cabana and loved the comfort with a view of the main pool and palm tree island. We will return!

• Golden Junior Suite

The entire experience was AMAZING! From check in to check out. The grounds are meticulous, the rooms are HUGE, the staff were attentive, helpful, always on time and very friendly! I definitely got what I paid for. Top of the the line luxury service!

• Deal of the Day

All the staff was soooo cheerful and helpful! Smile always! It worth to give them some tips! And there is the flea market close to the property! It’s very impressed!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

We did not have hot water in our shower except for 2 nights. Two members of our party were bit by mosquitoes and became ill to the point they needed medical services.

The property was beautiful and the food was the best we have had at a Mexican resort.

• Silver Junior Suite

The night shows dont have a good quality. You always have to wear a shirt for the restaurants.

The gardeens, the staff, the golden staying with its privet pool.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Our room had no view. Looked directly into trees that were right off the balcony. The bathroom only has one sink and no drawers to put toiletries in.

Swim up pool was great. The GoTeam staff was fantastic! Lots of activities at the pool during the day. Food was awesome. Drinks were very good

• Deal of the Day

For a five-star hotel, I expected a much better Spa. It's just integrated into the second floor of the main areas and quite ordinary really. Also the gym was okay, not great but the free weight area was outside. Why would you have the area to lift free weights outside in the humid Heat and exposed to mosquitoes?

Best food of all the resorts I've been to. Fantastic staff. Beautiful rooms, beautiful grounds, great pools, great Beach, great experience!

• Deal of the Day

The waitstaff at the restaurants is an 8.5 out of 10. They're still really good, but were not as attentive as we remember them being in prior visits. They don't come around as often to see if you need refills. But, overall still really good for an all-inclusive.

The grounds are immaculate. You feel like you're in the middle of the jungle. Second time coming here in 3 years and we will be back. The buildings have been kept up over the years. Also, you MUST eat at La Hacienda and sit outdoors! Especially on Mariachi night! Unforgettable and so romantic!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Pool chairs were all taken. Had to wake up at 6am to reserve a couple of them. Some cocktails had a funny taste. I think they use Fresca soda... margaritas and mojitos were awful. Liked the palomas though.

Very friendly, helpful and honest staff. Gorgeous property all around.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Although the grounds, our room, the facilities, etc. were all fabulous, what really and truly sets the Valentin Imperial above any resort we've ever stayed at is the incredible helpfulness, joyfulness, and friendliness of the incredible staff. For instance, we spent a lot of time in the main pool and a large part of the reason was Dora, Hervey, Sari, Carlos, Raymond, and Benny (I hope I didn't leave anyone out). The were all fantastic as they led various activities in the water - so much fun! We ate at many, though not all, of the restaurants on property during our week-long stay, and it was almost universally excellent - the only little bump being our meal at the Italian restaurant (though other people we spoke with raved about their meals there). We plan on returning many, many times!

• Silver Junior Suite

It is very hard to say if anything could be better, maybe more options in "mini bar"

We had only the best experience at this place, I can see why people go back so often. I traveled with a party of 6 and everyone of us feel the same. Our favorite thing about this place was the waiter at the restaurant by the beach, Gilberto Rojas. He made us feel as we were the only people there. Thank you, Gilberto.

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

Wonderful attentive staff everyone is friendly and professional. , Amazing food plenty of restraints to choose from. . Several different pools to choose from. Large pool with swim up bars, lazy river for a calmer experience and a general pool for relaxing in.

• Golden Junior Suite 3

Very few things and they were minor. First, with regard to food, which was overall excellent, the beef wasn't very tender (exception was the beef tataki in the Japanese restaurant). I had several tough steaks (though good flavor). The shrimps & scallops were generally smaller than expected and were a bit fishy. Second, with regard to entertainment, while the circus and magic shows were very good, the two dance shows (Michael Jackson and International) were marginal.

This place is very romantic (there was a wedding almost every night) -- mostly couples but a few families. The service was phenomenal - there were a ton of people around every single person including gardeners and maids were friendly and helpful. No one every looked like they expected to be tipped. The food was excellent, diverse, and plentiful. The breakfast buffet is fabulous -- I had a custom egg-white omelette every morning. There are 8 restaurants -- we like all of them for different reasons. The facilities are very good and beautiful. There is live music and activities every night. If you can afford it, I'd recommend upgrading. We were in the Gold Suites which were closer to the beach, had their own nice pool, bar and upgraded bar menu. It was a bit more of a walk but we enjoyed the walking given all the eating. We didn't do the upgrade to Premium which allows you to reserve beach or pool pallapas but it turned out we rarely had trouble getting a spot. The Imperial Band and other live music was pretty good.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The food was very average. The buffet food was very good the restaurants were surprisingly average. We are not too picky so we dealt with it.

Beautiful room, beautiful grounds, relaxing and quiet.

• Deal of the Day

The only issue we had, and it really wasn’t that big of an issue was trying to get lounge chairs by the ocean. They could of had more cause if you weren’t out there very early to put your towel down, you couldn’t find a vacant lounger. This goes on at all the resorts. There has to be a better way

Staff was exceptional, always smiling, always greeting. Been to Mexico 10 times or more and this resort was by far the best

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Finding a table at a restaurant for dinner can be difficult, unless you're ready to eat very early (before 7pm), even though it's an adult only resort, many American guests behaved like annoying children (shouting, loud music, lots of drinking), the property is so big you can easily get lost

So much to say about this resort : wonderful welcome, attentive staff (our dedicated concierge Angel was very nice and very effective), beautiful property with lots of small animals, amazing food with a wide range of dining options (7 restaurants), 2 pools depending on your mood (relaxation or fun), huge and confortable room, enormous jacuzzi, several games available, very clean beach.

• Golden Junior Suite

Not the hotels fault but sometimes the tranquility was disturbed by loud and sometimes drunk Americans

There was not anything we did not like about this hotel the staff were all polite, the facilities were second to none, the food was excellent, and the information beforehand was everything you needed to know.

• Deal of the Day

Add a jacuzzi. One little thing - they have smoke alarms right above the bed that emit some intermittent light. Several of us noticed it and are sensitive to light - so if that might bother you then bring a sleep mask.

This hotel is more beautiful than the pictures and the food was excellent. We stayed with a group so we got some beach cabanas and hung out a lot. Service was fantastic and all the staff were friendly, helpful and fun. Rooms are big a very lovely. The grounds are gorgeous. Pool is fun. The only thing I would suggest is that they add a jacuzzi - which we are used to having in U.S. hotels. You have to dress for dinner which my husband was not happy about but it does make the evenings feel special and distinct. We got massages and they had very good staff there. I'm picky and my deep tissue massage was perfect. We rented a catamaran for the afternoon that the hotel arranged for our private group and that was the highlight of our stay. So fun. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. However - if you are young and like to party at clubs then this is not the place for you. The crowd is more relaxed here - lots of couples and groups. A really beautiful place, but not central to the nightlife. That was perfect for us.

• Silver Junior Suite

The alcohol was not up to my standards. There is no way that they are poring what you ask for into your glass. It is easy to taste the difference. If you want a spot on the beach you either have to pay extra or get up early to stake out your spot.

The property is beautiful. Lots of nature around.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

There needs to be like a buffet at dinner time most of the restaurants took to long and we never got to go to the Japanese restaurant we tried every day but it was always booked and no little snack places also we stayed longer for the foam party and they never had it and the guy showed up and more things to do if raining and the pool side entertainment was the same every day

The friendlyness of all the employees

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

Everything about this resort is AMAZING..from the beds to the beach!! this is a top notch hotel. I have no complaints except for my 10days went by way too fast!!! See you next year Valentin :)

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Television service - no major US channels (NBC, CBS, ABC) and few English speaking channels. Our TV reception wasn't very good, but on our last day they sent someone to work on the TV and its settings, and it got better.

This is a beautiful property - the grounds, all of the buildings, the lobby, restaurants, and the pool. The entertainment staff is wonderful - especially liked Angelo and Dora. The food was good in all of the restaurants, where you do not need reservations.

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

Everything about this resort is excellent. Accommodation superb, food in all restaurants was great, the pool by our swim-up junior suite was good as was the beach. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Would definitely recommend to all.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

I wish the usable beach where you can get in the water was bigger. A large portion of the beach had areas that you couldn't swim in. Also, when the vendors were in the square they were pushier than I would like. I would love to see some Sugar Free Choices at the meals.

We had the BEST vacation ever! Very clean, comfortable, food was wonderful (I am a VERY picky eater), staff very friendly, and so much more. Dora from entertainment staff was so friendly, Guillermo in the restaurant by the beach was always so helpful, and Alfredo at the main pool bar was wonderful just to name a few. We will definitely be going back!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Our stay at Valentin was wonderful, we loved everything about it. Hotel has nice clean beach. We really enjoyed the food-especially breakfast and our dinners. We really love that hotel offers just a la carte restaurants in the evening. Staff is super friendly and everybody works so hard to give the best experience to the guest. We definitely would highly recommend Valentin. Looking forward to be back soon. Thank you Valentin and all the staff, we couldn’t think about better place to stay during our honeymoon.

• Deal of the Day

Same breakfast every morning. No buffet restaurant for dinner. We missed the shows during dinner time.

Service, personalised check in (welcome home), awesome food at the la carte restaurants, top-shelf drinks, nightly concert, smashing DJ to keep the party going,

• Deal of the Day

There was a small miscommunication with staff regarding the laundry. When we needed help with converting or even understanding how it works. If we had fully understood the way the laundry payment worked, we wouldn't have washed as many clothes there because we still had enough clean clothes to wear during our stay. It cost us big when it came to getting back home. Hey, but you live and you learn, that currency is something we have to get used to if we are going to go out the country & if we sign anything, we need to understand the language enough before we agree upon it!

Great experience! It was both of ours first time traveling out of country and we both had an amazing time here for our honeymoon. We loved the attention of the servers and the rooms and beach and the pools and activities and fine dining. Everything was excellent.

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

I didn't like that I had to leave.

The staff are really hard working with great attitudes, nothing is ever a bother. La Hacienda, the Mexican restaurant is top notch, check out the candy cart. La Marche buffet is a little better than the Mar Y Tierra, but with all the days there mix it up some. The drinks are top shelf. The main pool has activities, the "lazy river pool" is quiet. We evacuated Miami because of Irma. We booked 2 nights originally but stayed 7. The front desk gave us a great rate due to our "refugee status". Considering all the disrespect lately from certain parts of the USA, I thought this was pretty classy on their part.

• Silver Junior Suite

The maid service was slack the coffee table in our room was very dirty when we got there and was never wiped off the whole time we were there . Some days the room was not swept out there would be sand from previous day . And the only place I have ever stayed at when there is no conditioner for your hair :(:( also found barhrooms by pool dirty most days garbage overflowing a lot

Staff very friendly. Grounds are beautiful. Beach was amazing . Food was good.

• Deal of the Day

The food was not great. Not enough drink option in the fridge in the room. Did not like the upselling of the cabanas when checkin and being misled how packed the property was.

Staff was friendly. Activities held every night were good.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Shower in room was not powerful at all. Other guest said theirs were really good though. At pool there are cabanas (extra fee) and sunbeds under cover, however no parasols so very hard to get one in sun and one in shade if you and your partner aren't in the same sun worship mode!

Amazing stay! Staff were fantastic, pool area was superb, huge pool with two swim up bars, entertainment in pool but not totally crazy. Beach was pretty much right at back end of the pool area and on beach was another bar and restaurant. Tried 6 of the restaurants, all superb and nicely themed to feel more authentic. Large selection for breakfast and lunch. Extremely peaceful setting with nightly entertainment, could have been a little more going on and bit more choice but enough to keep us happy. Shop was well stocked with numerous things. Personally loved the variety of wildlife around the place!! Stay here and you'll be sure to have a fabulous relaxing fun time!!!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The mosquitoes and three days of rain. Lol.

The staff was so incredibly friendly!! The food was excellent. Everything was clean and well planned. We will definitely be back!!!

• Silver Junior Suite

The beach was rocky and not the best for swimming, but the pools more than made up for it.

My husband and I visited the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya on our honeymoon, and it was the most incredible week we could have imagined. The service was wonderful; the staff members were the most friendly and attentive I've ever encountered. The variety and quality of food was spectacular. The expansive pool and lazy river were comfortable and relaxing. The nightly entertainment was great; our favorite was the Michael Jackson show! Our room was large and clean, and the glass-enclosed shower with a waterfall head had a lovely view of the ocean. I can't say enough good things about this property. We will definitely be going back.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Restaurants did not have enough staff to clear tables. had waits up to 1 hour. 1 of my wife's shirts disappeared during our stay.

French restaurant (the best) matre di was extremely accomodating for my wife's birthday Really made it special

• Silver Junior Suite

the check out policy was a bit unfriendly. We were asked 3 times to get ready for check out the day before our departure. We appreciate that it's a way of professionalism, however too much reminder made us uncomfortable

the hotel is the correct place for honeymoon/anniversary couples. the environment was really nice preserved, rooms are excellent and the personel were really friendly

• Emerald Junior Suite

We had an awesome 30th wedding anniversary celebration. The grounds are beautiful, lush and well maintained. The entire staff was friendly and courteous. Since we added the privilege package, we had lobster with most of our meals. At the Indonesian restaurant the chef made a special lobster meal and it was excellent. Our covered palapa bed was always waiting for us no matter what time we showed up at the beach. Overall, a great relaxing visit. It was our 3rd time at the resort.

• Deal of the Day

Beds hurt our backs, stayed extra and wouldn't honor our rate even though we had 2 rooms, 4 guests And stayed 6 days. Rented a car from the hotel with no gas ... ran out of gas within 20 min trying to find a gas station ... called hotel muliptle times for help and they did not call us back or help us .

Food was great, pools were beautiful .

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Sadly recent storms and hatching turtles made the beach unusable, perhaps another time of year would be considerably more enjoyable. Levels of access made much of the resort not so inclusive

An incredibly beautiful and enormous yet still intimate resort. Nice pools and very good restaurants.

Gym, guacamole/ Mexican restaurant

spacious, comfortable rooms, beautiful property, lovely staff, amazing French restaurant, wonderful activities on site.

• Emerald Junior Suite

The property is gorgeous, the staff so friendly and helpful, and the accommodations are excellent. They haven't overlooked one detail. I can't think of one thing that I would suggest they change.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I didn't like the distance it took to get around the resort. I didn't like the lack of directions and I didn't like that there was a dress code for every restaurant; especially for the men who had to be in long pants during very hot weather. Most of all I did not like how the party area was outside (be prepared to literally melt from the heat).

I liked how clean the resort was. I liked the pools and the activities. I liked the gym facility. I enjoyed the food. I really loved the staff, they were so kind and helpful.

• Silver Junior Suite

Wait to long to be served for dinner .

room smelled musty clothes bedding felt damp a.have been told its the humidity and aircon on all time ? think rooms need up date ?

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

The meat in the restaurants was tough and not from over cooking. Ridiculous upgrade fee to rent the private cabanas on the beach or pool. The gym had the latest Technogym cable equipment but still a little sparse for the volume of people using it. Dumbbells outside in 90 heat was not very enjoyable either.

Swim up rooms were awesome. The Indonesian restaurant was phenomenal. We liked to enormity of the layout, which required walking and getting some exercise before eating another meal and laying on the beach. The beach was very nice and well maintained. All staff was very friendly.

The service was very slow. During two meals were were almost finished before we got our first drink. We had to go get the water pitcher several times and we continually asked for two glasses of water because we knew they wouldn't be back to fill them. No AC during the first night. WiFi connection is terrible. Very few English speaking chancels on TV. We ordered lobster every night for dinner as part of the privilege package but it was only served to us twice out of six meals.

Alfredo at the pool bar was fantastic!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Think spring break for 30-50 year old Americans. People drinking all they could get their hands on at all hours of the day. Not quite the romantic hotel we had in mind. Restaurants were unable to be booked which meant getting a table was hit and miss - except for one that had to b booked and was impossible to book (I expect money had to change hands before a reservation could be secured at this particular restaurant).

Large pools, staff were friendly and helpful. Lots of vegetation around the hotel, pleasant surroundings.

• Premium Emerald Deal of The Day

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya. The resort is breathtaking, superb picture perfect beaches, amazing pools with swim-up bars and great dining options. The resort is perfect for destination wedding, honeymoon etc. My wife and I stayed at this resort five years ago for our honeymoon and came back for our anniversary last month. The resort staff went out of their way to make our return anniversary stay romantic and special.

• Room Selected at Check-In 1

Impressive, I can not find anything I did not like.

I loved the hospitality of the staff , Fabian was an Awesome concierge , building (5) cheerful & very eager to help. Maria ( front lobby) staff supervisor was over the top with her friendliness & making our stay a very pleasant & memorable one.

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

Nothing to complain about at Valentin. Staff is among the friendliest you will ever meet and your every wish is fulfilled. Food is well above average for an AI and you can have any drink imaginable. This was my second visit and it will not be my last. Planning a trip for early 2018 already. Don't hesitate to book here, you won't regret it.

• Golden Junior Suite

They shouldn't sell non-biogradable sunscreen in the resort. It contaminates the sea.

A lot of nature around or inside it. It has a natural reserved area inside the resort, they perserve the animals such as turtles and other animals. Clean confortable and nice beach.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

It was very hot and humid..several of the restaurants were not air conditioned and it was pretty uncomfortable to eat with sweat pouring down your face.

I never...ever..sleep in and my husband had to wake me up every day..

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

The Best All Inclusive resort I have ever been to! Friendly staff that is very helpful, everything is clean and in order, food was exceptional, and the main pool is the life of the resort with different activities going on every hour including a foam party on the weekend! STAY HERE...YOU'll THANK ME LATER!!! :-)

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Golden Junior Suite

My only complaint is the size of the TVs in the sports bar (Don Miguel). We stayed during the NBA finals and were slightly disappointed at how small the TVs were.

I could write a whole book about all the different levels this resort excelled, but you're going to have to take my work for it. The buffets are excellent, the restaurants on the property or Five Star, the property is kept in pristine condition the bartenders at the pool, The upscale martini bar, the pool staff ( Brian the Mayan, Dora the explorer, Lucy, Maria). The outdoor espresso bar (Lourdes). The countless staff members (whose names I can't remember) that would literally break their back to do anything they can to make your stay more enjoyable. The pristinely kept pools, the beautiful beach. This place exceeded my expectations in every category, a perfect 10 out of 10

• Premium Emerald Deal of The Day

We love VIM - we have stayed at the resort numerous times. Alfredo at the pool bar - we adore him. And Veronica in the Privilege Club is one of my favorite employees. Also, pool activities were amazing ... "Mayan Brian", Lucy, and all the activity folks are terrific!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

There were a couple of staff members that were less than accommodating. Our usual concierge had a day off and her replacement was asked to clean up a mess made by one of the animals. He said he would but never did. Didn't even come look at what I was talking about. Our usual concierge would have done it. Just not friendly about it. Another person bringing towels to the beach had knocked over a few and was moving them into the hut. We needed a couple of towels and started to take some of the pile. The guy told us to take the ones of the sand instead of the clean ones in the pile. We thought he was making a joke but he was very serious and kind of rude about it. Usually everyone is extremely friendly and willing to do anything for us. We've been ton Valentin 4 times and never experienced that. Those two people won't keep us from returning because we love the place. But thought they should know about it.

Beaches and staff at the beach were great. Food at the dinner restaurants was fantastic and always accurate to the order. If there were not stars, they'd get them all! Pools were clean and staff at the pools took great care of us. Our usual concierge in building 6 (don't remember her name) was fantastic. She always smiled and greeted us and asked how we were doing and if we needed anything. Great service there.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The only downside was noise cancellation for the rooms. We could hear everything that's happening in the hallway: footsteps, conversations, furniture getting moved. This issue severely affected our sleep quality at night.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Lobby was beautiful and well appointed. Huge variety of food offered. Beach was gorgeous. We enjoyed all the pool activities organized throughout the day.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Silver Junior Suite

Overall the food was very good - tons of options and variety. The breakfast and lunch buffets were outstanding. There were a few dinner entrees though that I thought could have been better, but the appetizers were always delicious so I typically would order numerous apps as my meal.

Everything was wonderful. The beaches were beautiful, the pools were expansive (and warm!), and the hotel staff was very responsive, courteous, and professional. Additionally, the entertainment team was so much fun! I would absolutely go back.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The French restaurant wasn't my cup of tea, but that's just a thing of personal preference and taste.

The breakfast buffet was phenomenal, the staff were all super enjoyable and kind. The resort was huge, beautiful, clean, and comfy.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Golden Junior Suite - Swim Up

The Mexican restaurant should have more traditional Mexican food. The property should have more shopping onsite.

The property was very beautiful no well kept.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The beach had seaweed, many of the beds in the pool and beach area are reserved for club members only

Huge place, great food, simply everything is included

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Honestly, in the realm of things, very little... Only thing is getting replacements beach towels is a hassle. The booth has nagging guys trying to get you to buy snorkeling excursions. Also, the excursions leave at 7:30 from the hotel and you only have 15/20 minutes to eat breakfast before you leave as the breakfast buffets open at 7 and there's usually a line to get seated.

It was the most perfect place for a honeymoon...all we kept saying was how (friggin') awesome it was! The food was amazing, the room was immaculate, the staff was so wonderful and friendly. Everywhere you look is extremely well-maintained, lush tropical garden. Bring your own tumblers to keep drinks cold, and a small beach bag. Basically don't look any further, find the best deal you can on this place and book it.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Need a better Mexican beer selection.

From check in to check out the staff was attentive, accommodating and most importantly warm and welcoming. We were greeted with a smile and a "hello" everywhere we went. The dining options were fantastic, we ate at the Italian, Japanese and Mexican restaurants for dinner. While some reviews of the resort report a wait at some restaurants, we only waited when we dined with a large group (15 people). The evening entertainment in the plaza was good and a fun way to end the night. We spent most of our time in the main pool and were amazed at how it never felt crowded when the resort was at 90% capacity. The wait to get a drink at the pool bars were no more than 3 minutes, we rarely waited at all, the bartenders were awesome! The alcohol selection was impressive for an all-inclusive but if I had one complaint I would say they needed to have a better selection of Mexican beers…Dos Equis or Dos Equis Amber were the only choices I found. Don’t forget your Yeti, RTIC or Coolie cups either, they will fill them with whatever you want! Our room was comfortable and quiet with a nice balcony, great for morning coffee or a night cap. There is a daily bulletin left in your room at turn down for the following day’s activities, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. The mini bar, room service and several bottles of water were included and stocked daily. We went with the basic Deluxe Junior Suite and were very happy. We ventured off the resort to Playa Del Carmen for a little shopping and lunch one afternoon. Don’t fall for the “hey, you remember me, (insert name), from the resort? Come check out my uncle’s store…” trick in Playa. It’s a 30 minute ride and costs $18 pp round trip on the hotel shuttle. We did not take a tour but there were several tour operators available to book an endless list of excursions. We enjoyed the resort and have already planned out return for 2018!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Too isolated, hard to get out of resort. Buffet at Mar y Tierra restaurant not so great.

Very helpful and pleasant staff. Great dining, especially at la Hacienda, l'Olivo l'Alsace. Great Yoga and Pilates instructor. Excellent buffet at Le Marche.