Reviews of Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun-All Inclusive 5 stars

Fraccionamiento Laguna Mar SM. 7 Mza. 75 Lotes 15 y 16, Carretera Sac-Bajo, Isla Mujeres, 77400 Isla Mujeres, Mexico

#8 of 46 hotels in Isla Mujeres

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Booking.Com and Zoetry Customer Service and all employees of Zoetry created the best vacation ever!

Absolutely nothing.

From the moment of arrival at the airport with awaiting pre-arranged transportation through the ride with the private yacht within minutes of arrival at the port to the ride across the waters to the resort and into the lobby and on into my room at the resort, and beyond with dinner that evening, and all the quality of service and friendliness of everyone who attended me, I cannot think of anywhere I would rather be! I absolutely loved everything... thank you to all!

Excellent Staff and Beautiful Property
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Wish I had stayed longer. No complaints.

The staff was very attentive and the manager, Alexandre was excellent. As a solo traveler, he gave me great recommendations and frequently checked in to see how I was doing. The private catamaran to the property was a terrific start and it just got better after that. Food and drinks were delicious and the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The shower was pure BLISS. It doubled as a steam room with 4 nozzles. You feel like your are truly under a waterfall. Oh, and the 9am yoga sessions were a great way to kick off your day. Treat yourself to at least 1 session.

Very expensive
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Very hard bed Staff not willing to go extra mile . Did not have golf carts , said we had to reserve 24 in advance. Took cab into town and rented one.

Beautiful location

The property overall was very nice and the waitstaff on the...
    • Junior Suite Double Ocean Front

My partner and I booked a last minute short (2 night) get away to Isla Mujeres on Booking.com, upon arrival we were thrilled to be told we were being upgraded to a suite with a private jacuzzi, the bellman accompanied us up to our suite and proceeded to tell us that the jacuzzi in the room didn’t work, we were at that point given 2 choices, take the broken jacuzzi suite or a tiny room on the corner with no view, we took the bigger room, we were a little disappointed but hay we were not going to let that ruin our stay, we went down to the lobby for dinner, after dinner on our walk to the elevator, we were stopped by the front desk and told that our reservation was based on 1 person and that we owed $400US more, at this point I felt they were trying to take advantage of us, I opened my email and proceeded to show the front desk clerk, it clearly stated In the confirmation double occupancy room and I also asked why were we not told that during check in, he responded please fwd me that email so I can show my manager, so I did, we got up to the room to relax for a few and head down to the pool, the phone rang and it was the front desk again insisting that it’s a double occupancy room but the reservation was for 1, I explained that was not stated anywhere in the confirmation, I hung up the phone and called Booking.

The property overall was very nice and the waitstaff on the entire property we’re very prompt and attentive

It was relaxing, in terms of the facilities, but not the best place to take kids.
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front Triple

The staff tried to pitch a time share to us, told us really with a kid it would have been better to go to one of their other properties, and then gave us a long pitch about buying into their membership (time-share) program. It was annoying and felt like a breach of trust since up to that point the woman we'd been dealing with was seemingly super-interested in us and super focused on making our vacation as good as it could be, helping arrange activities, etc. And it was all a lead up to a pitch. We refused the breakfast meeting she proposed, for a more in-depth pitch, and were uncomfortable for a while when passing this staff person in the hall. We heard other pitches over breakfast given by other salespeople at other tables. No one wants that on their vacation. One salesperson who wanted the guy at the other table to upgrade to a higher membership category was actually following him around the pool after breakfast and making another appointment to meet with him later. Pesado. Also, we would have liked more variety in terms of food. I didn't want to be eating Italian food half the time I was in Mexico. We paid for all-inclusive but went out several times to eat Mexican food. Also, the place was a little far from town. That's both bad and good.

The view and the hot-tub by the pool were nice. The food was good. The pool was good. The buildings were beautiful and tasteful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Property is looking a little aged but still is nice.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Most of the staff is great but they try to sell you on a sort of time share thingvright when you get there which is annoying.

Property is looking a little aged but still is nice.

Great staff, great property. Great experience.
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

Honestly nothing negative to say

The food was excellent. We ate ceviche every night at dinner. Fish and seafood at every meal. It was all fresh and prepared fantastic.

Awesome all-inclusive, perfect for couples.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

The place itself is a bit isolated - but the whole island is about 7km long and you can easily get cabs.

Very nice place to spend 4/5 days in total relax.

One of a kind find!
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

I will not say anything bad about this place. They are going through construction on the property right now, so there was some noise at times, but that didn't matter to me or my wife.

I love EVERYTHING about Zoetry Villa Rolandi! My wife and I just came here for our Honeymoon. It is a paradise! You could not ask for a more peaceful or relaxing place on the entire island. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, since they are attended three times a day. Plus, you receive complimentary bottles of champagne and tequila. The staff is outstanding, friendly, and accommodating. Our flight ended up being delayed multiple times, but they checked in multiple times to make sure were okay and ensured our safe arrival. The food is AMAZING! The restaurants are unique and have a large variety of food. One restaurant is outside that is open for all meals and sits over the ocean. The other is open for dinner only and each day features a 5 course meal of unique selections.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

2 of the 3 pools were not working/ closed the time of my...
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

2 of the 3 pools were not working/ closed the time of my stay. salt water pool and the hot tub. very disappointed with the hot tub not working. I have an illness and was looking forward to the use of the hot tub. Why was I not notified about the pools prior to my check in? I feel a type of credit in a future stay should be honored due to the facility issues.

The staff was extremely friendly and it seemed like the...
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

I was upset by the lack of swimming area. I don't know that this can really be helped, but I was disappointed that only about 20 feet out was rock and algae that made it impossible to swim in. The food at the resort was not the greatest. I was disappointed in the lack of variety when it came to food options and room service was extremely limited. We called a couple of times and they were out of things.

The staff was extremely friendly and it seemed like the hotel could arrange anything at all that you wanted.

Sublime zoetry
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front Double

Very bad elevator music in the public areas. Requests for certain things had to be made a number of times. Staff struggled to understand English. Mosquitos were a large problem.

Awesome staff, amazing food, location is incredible. Even though the hotel was full sufficient loungers and the pools were pristine. Drinks were fantastic. Lots to chose from food wise and close to a number of attractions if you want to leave the hotel,

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Not a 5star even by Mexican all-inclusive standards.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

1. BEACH - just bad! I have never seen water so murky in the Caribbean. It is probably because the hotel is between two snorkeling sights, so all boats with tourists that come from Cancun pass in front of the hotel. It's like a boat highway. Also because of that you have some 300 square feet of area to swim. They don't allow you to swim further, which is also not safe with all of the boats passing by. 2. The staff is not trained to work in a 5star hotel. (discuss tips given by other customers in front of other guests; one morning one of the waiters was trying to sell us a snorkeling trip with some friend of his from Cancun). 3. Super cheap bad wine. If you want something "drinkable" you'll have to buy a bottle. 3. Most ridiculous of all however is that their housekeeping switches the Bulgari toiletries. And when I called the front desk to inform them, the reaction was so cool, I was just told that they will bring me the "good ones" right away. Crazy! 3. They are renovating, and the first morning woke us up at 9am! I understand work must be done, but starting at 9AM? 4. Rooms are really small. You have to keep everything in great order not to have the feeling that the room is one huge mess. 5. Bathroom tiny! Not enough space to set your toiletries on the countertop. And to get to the toilet seat you have to open the door, get in, and then close it; when the door is open the toilet seat is right behind the door. 6. The couch, white, was full of mold. Black mold. I don't think that's very good for one's health.

1. The food was pretty good for an all-inclusive hotel. 2. It was relatively clean. Do ask though for them to change the water in your room's jacuzzi in front of you, so that you see it. We arrived by night and I asked if the water was changed. I was told that it was. I'm glad we didn't use it that night! In the morning I could see all of the sand on the bottom of the jacuzzi. It was obviously from the previous guests. 3. The boat trip to the island was nice.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Excellent service, food and drinks.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Playa Norte was crowded. Made me appreciate Zoetry Rolandi even more.

Excellent service, food and drinks. Loved listening to the water lapping on shore. Kayaks and paddle boards free for use. Live music at dinner. Rented golf cart to see island. Snorkeling was amazing! Staff made sure our travel arrangements were aligned and on time. No worries! Loved the private yacht that picked us up at embarcaderro in Cancun and retuned on way home. Best massage ever! Every noon staff from spa treated pool loungers with a mini head massage with chilled cucumber on eyes! Heaven! Did I mention the steam showers!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Perfect vaca
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

I hated to leave, I wanted to stay another week

I loved the salt water pool, temperature was perfect. Rooms were very clean .ALL staff members were so polite and happy to assist you .

Quaint location + kind staff = relaxing vacation
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

The only real complaint we had was the bed's mattress was really hard and the pillows not so supportive. It would also have been nice if the hot tub was actually hot. It never really was.

We loved the staff, the shower, the restaurant on the water, the small cozy beach, the pool, the location of our room, the hot sauce the chef makes, etc. The recommendations of the staff were great and they made it easy to go to the downtown. We left our phone in the taxi and the staff retrieved it quickly for us. The staff also remembered us by name after the first day. They were really lovely.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

I will return (if I get a good price)
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front Double

Cost of spa services is exorbitant. Utterly ridiculous. Sales pitch for Unlimited Vacations. Super-friendly agents engage you and then you realize its because they want to sell you a vacation club membership. Kind of undermines the feeling you have that any of the staff are genuine. We didn't use pool in spa area because access was too difficult for us. No stairs or handrail makes it more aesthetically appealing but impractical for less physically fit. Atmosphere of Le Metissage restaurant was a little cold for my taste, dark & no tablecloths. (More modern/urban?) However: I think some nights they have live music which would help. We did enjoy the accomplished offerings on the tasting menu--which changes every night--and takes away the stress of choosing your menu! I know you feel my pain. :) Small beach with calm ocean access (as compared to often-rough, but oh-so-fun-if-you-can-handle-it waters of Cancun's beautiful east coast beach) was pleasant but water isn't very deep and there's a lot of seaweed growing underfoot once you get out 10 or 15 feet or so. We were warned not to put our feet in the seaweed as there could be baby stingrays. So I swam; it's not a place to jump waves. (Note: If you're looking for a beach which is easy to get in & out of with calm water you can't beat The Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach. But you do have to walk around the pools to get to the beach and the pools there are warm & aren't easy access. Surprisingly.) I'm not a fan of all-inclusive resorts. We just don't eat and drink enough (very little alcohol) to make it worthwhile. And I find it only takes a few others to over-indulge to ruin the atmosphere. That being said, Villa Rolandi isn't a typical all-inclusive. I think "awesome" was declared more than once & I will return assuming I can get a very good rate.

Intimate size of resort and pretty landscaping. Quiet, private, civilized atmosphere perfect for relaxing. Happy, enthusiastic staff, everywhere. Private yacht transfer. An agent was waiting for us at the Playa Linda Embarcadero, helped us with our luggage & took us on short walk to the yacht. Arrival at Zoetry's private lagoon dock is so much nicer than disembarking at Isla Mujeres' public ferry terminal (which is usually in hot weather into a zoo of taxi drivers and hawkers begging for your attention, fun in its own way if you like that sort of thing but not relaxing!). The hotel staff met us with a wheelchair because I'd mentioned one of our party had limited mobility. It wasn't critical but very helpful and thoughtful. We all liked cool temperature of water in main pool, so refreshing. (Accessed via typical pool ladder. It did have a broad shallow ledge all around. Not a huge pool but I could swim in it.) Hot saltwater pool was nice alternative (with access via broad steps and handrail, thank you.) Casa Rolandi restaurant had nice atmosphere on water with white tablecloths and live music. Our favorite was the solo classical/traditional guitar. I could have listened to him every night. And we loved having breakfast there and watching the pelicans swoop around, hunting for fish in the water. Charming. Food decent, I loved the tuna tartare and the ceviches. Yum. Yum. Note: There are stairs to the hotel entrance and a several steps (6?) to reach the pool area, or rooms on the ground floor. The hotel has an elevator to reach rooms on 2nd & 3rd floors.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Visit Zoetry Rolandi for an exceptional all-inclusive getaway
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

My husband loved our hotel mattress. I have a chronic back issue so it wasn't the bed or pillows as much as it was me.

The customer service is excellent at this boutique all-inclusive. The food and drinks are very, very good - well above a typical all-inclusive resort. The scenery is fantastic. The junior suites are very comfortable. The infinity pool and hot tub are great as is the private beach with paddle boards and kayaks!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Comfort in paradise at Isla Mujeres
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Fantastic food in both restaurants, very beautiful property with an attentive staff. Even though the beach is small it is 100% private. Two beautiful pools and a large salt spa. If you need to relax this is the place. You can find less expensive options - but nothing compares to the service and friendly staff at Zoetry Villa Rolandi.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Treat yourself to this resort once in your life.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Hot tub in room broken. Little hot water at peak demand times. Wine selection could use much improvement.

Service level and friendliness of staff from top to bottom was exemplary. Food was fantastic and customized to your every request. View was excellent.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Absolutely worth it!
    • Junior Suite Double Ocean Front

This was the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in, truly a luxury experience. I would recommend the all-inclusive experience, especially if you get a good deal on booking. The food was amazing, the staff kind and helpful without being pushy and the views breathtaking.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Go to a different resort
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

The resort is really outdated. Rooms were not great There were many broken things in the rooms . No way this is a five star resort There were a lot of things that we thought we would get such as sunset cruise and near by golf course but they lied. There was no sunset cruise for us the near by golf course is not on the island. You have to take a taxi to the ferry and another taxi to get to Playa Mujeres which is north of Cancun. The resort was telling us the yacht was broken and our return trip would be a taxi to the public ferry. They finally found a working yacht for our return but only after arguing with them. We spent too much time at the front desk trying to make our stay better when we should have just been sitting by the pool. Spend your money somewhere else.

The staff in the restaurants, pool and housekeeping worked so hard. Food was good Beautiful location The yacht pickup was nice.

Just needs some simple maintenance & updating in the...
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Just needs some simple maintenance & updating in the bathrooms. Nothing major, but, maybe new faucets & some paint.

Great value. Good choice to unwind

Great staff. Great service

Old place.
    • Junior Suite King Superior Ocean Front

Old place. Needs maintenance, food was good.

Great job ! Incredible place
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

Smoking was aloud by the pool.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Smoking was aloud by the pool.

2 people, Alexander and Kevin
    • Junior Suite Double Ocean Front

Maintenance missing, cleaning and the sparkling wine

2 people, Alexander and Kevin

All included, and excellent quality
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Bit tired, needs a paint and bathrooms could be renovated

All included, and excellent quality

Wonderfull will book again

Everything was First Class

Zoetry is paradise!
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

7 course dinner at hotel restaurant was not so good.

Service was fantastic

Zoetry Isla Mujeres 2017
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

It is a run down property. Needs improvement

The food was amazing and the staff were very nice.

Incredibly attentive staff, superb food and unique location.
    • Junior Suite King Ocean Front

Incredibly attentive staff, superb food and unique location.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Sadly over price. No value for money
    • Junior Suite King Superior Ocean Front

Extremely overpriced. Very old and not taking care of the place. Super small. Rooms are falling appart

Good food. Very nice staff

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Excellent staff, excellent cuisine, amazing structure.
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

Excellent staff, excellent cuisine, amazing structure. I absolutely recommend Zoetry *****

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Exceeded all expectations
    • Junior Suite Veranda Ocean Front King

Can't think of any negatives other than high price of extras such as massage.

Superb standard of food with enthusiastic, attentive staff

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Perfection!
    • Junior Suite King Superior Ocean Front

The staff was wonderful! Food excellent! Rooms perfect!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Wow place :)

Nothing...

Amazing place, very high level service, it was a plaesure to be guests in this hotel!

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

The staff was awesome!

There were some renovations going on during our stay that caused a couple of issues but they were resolved very quickly.

The staff was awesome! They were all always willing to help or provide you with the necessary information. Great group of respectful staff that became family to us..

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Loved the service received by the pool.

Did not like the fact that the individual room jacuzzis did not work and they were filthy. Did not like being bothered to attend a 90 minute vacation club presentation. The people were arrogant and insulting and while they were an outside company renting a small space of the hotel to sell these, they did not represent this hotel and beware of this. SAY NO if they try to entice you with hotel credits. You have to fight to use the credits.

Loved the service received by the pool. Loved that it was all inclusive even the alcoholic drinks. Food was top notch, everything on the menu was delicious. Maid service was wonderful. We had a wonderful vacation at this top notch hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Mexico!!

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

The food ( in both restorants) and the pool were great

The jacuzzi Is from the early 90s The air conditioning thermostat didn't work. there was no water pressure or hot water in the shower

The food ( in both restorants) and the pool were great

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The service by all the staff especially Juan Carlos was...

The wine selection could have more variety especially some from Napa. It was really nice when this facility catered primarily to adults only in the past.

The service by all the staff especially Juan Carlos was amazing.. It was also nice to see that the General Manager went out of his way to introduce himself and to listen to a couple of our concerns..

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

Location and seclusion from the craziness of Cancun main...

Careful of the "this is not a timeshare discussion" discussion. Was too hungry and tired from traveling all day to listen to their sales pitch.

Location and seclusion from the craziness of Cancun main land was optimal; the yacht transportation was pretty dreamy. But it was probably the food that will keep reeling us back. From the food served beach side to the formal dining room's 7 course meal, everything was fresh and flavor profiles were well thought out, e.g. omelet with mole.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Staff was absolutely outstanding.

The jacuzzis. As references in other reviews. Also, why can't I get a bottle of wine instead of ordering glasses? Finally, there was a great deal of construction noise. The response I got was its next door. For the price, I expect quiet. Or at least an offer to move me to a quieter room.

Staff was absolutely outstanding. This is a "boutique" all-inclusive --very small and very high quality food and drink. There was always a chair by the pool and, although they were full, the restaurants were always waiting our arrival.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

The staff and service

Nothing works...the hot tub was broken and unfixable. The steam shower didn't work. The light on the patio wouldn't turn off and there was light in our room all night.

The staff and service

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Everyone was very friendly.

They should not allow smoking in the pool area. There should be a designated area for smoking especially the cigar smokers.

Everyone was very friendly. The food was excellent and the outside pool staff was superior.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Loved just about everything.

Room spa did not work which in a way was ok. Did not want to soak in the spa. Rather be on the beach or pool. The shower leaked. The workout facility was very disappointing with run down equip. All this would have been nice but it did not ruin our experiences in our stay. One more thing, before out stay we contacted resort agent Jazmin to reserved yatch transportation. She was great at first but found her unresponsive after the second and third email with questions. Had to go through booking.com agent to get answers which caused a lot of stress.

Loved just about everything. The yatch transportation was great! The room and pool was very nice. We enjoyed the resort beach. Snorkeling and paddle boarding was great! The food,drinks and service was outstanding. Also the resort location being central located was ideal to see sites on the island. Hate to admit it but I was on my guard the whole time thinking the resort was out to get me on hidden charges by trickery. Never happen. Instead they were extremely helpful, honest and courteous. We had our son with us who was 8 years old. The staff was very good with him and made any accommodations that was needed. Thank you! We went all over the island and seen all the resorts. Zoetry is the best and glad we chose it. We will be looking back at our vacation here with great memories and longing to come back.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

The staff make this hotel very special.

Wifi very patchy in the bedrooms but generally better at the beach and a few difficulties with regulating the shower but neither of these issues would discourage us from coming back. The Hotel is in a continual process of renovation so although maybe not quite 5 stars yet heading in the right direction.

The staff make this hotel very special. The location is paradise and certain attention to detail such as collecting you in a private yacht which takes you to their own mooring makes life much easier after a longhaul flight. The food is excellent in both restaurants but in particular in the French fusion. Small but beautiful private beach.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

The fusion restaurant, really good.

Far away from the most beautiful beaches; the hotel is shabby and decadent; If you need an internet connection this is not your hotel.

The fusion restaurant, really good.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

Service and food really wonderful.

There are only 2 criticisms from me:- 1.The spa is ridiculously overpriced so we never use it , there are just as good places on the island for a 3rd of the price! They must stop trying to get people to buy into the group loyalty scheme , offering 2 hour presentations and making people feel uncomfortable when they get there - stop the hard sell - it really isn't a great first impression and you don't need to do it. I didn't hear one positive comment about it. Figure out another way.

Service and food really wonderful. I have been coming here for many years and its great that even though its been taken over by a big group this hasn't changed it. The staff are so amazing across all the departments and work so hard. Its what makes the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2015

Everything!

The check out :-(

Everything!!! We had a bad experience at the beginning because we waited for a staff member to pick us up for 40 min but when we arrived they upgraded our room and gave us a spa treatments for free :-) Dinner is probably 5 star restaurant level and more... All The staff make u feel like king and Queen :-), if u can afford it don't miss it!!!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2015

Location, staff, attention to detail, and most of all.

The gym needs a major overhaul, and wifi needs to be upgraded as it is barely functional. Spa prices are the highest we have seen anywhere in the world. Given the price of the resort, none of the above should be the case.

Location, staff, attention to detail, and most of all... the food! Marco, the GM, is amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

outstanding service

the hotel seems a little old

outstanding service

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

We felt very welcomed and spoiled.

We felt very welcomed and spoiled. Thank you team!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

great restaurants, service and most of all, great people!

Small beach, far from the northern side of isla

great restaurants, service and most of all, great people!

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

great staff and food.

Did not like the work out facility. Leaky shower and room spa did not work.

great staff and food. Loved the resort beach and the yacht transportation.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Great Staff and food

Great Staff and food

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun-All Inclusive traveller photo gallery