Reviews of W Mexico City 5 stars

Campos Eliseos 252, 11560 Mexico City, Mexico

#26 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

Nothing to do with the hotel - but if you stay there, don't restrict yourself to Polanco. It is like the posh part of Mexico and whilst nice, isn't really it. Condesa and Roma were great, and make sure you take a look at Chapultapec. If you like museums, architecture and just experiencing the life of a vibrant city then 1 week ain't gonna be enough ;)

The staff were excellent - helpful and friendly without being too overbearing. There were also cool other guests in the hotel; one of the actors from Breaking Bad and a director shooting a movie! I was there for work, so didn't have to pay :P But, if you can afford it and want a luxury experience, you should totally go for it.

• Fantastic Suite

The restaurant is not as good as before after they did a big renovation and changed into a Spanish restaurants.

The room is very clean and comfortable. I like they have USB plug for both sides of beds and the writing table. Much easier for business travel couples.

Nothing, we believe our stay was incredible.

It was my anniversary, both my wife and I believe our expectations were exceeded in terms of service and comfort. The staff, from front desk and whatever were attentive and quick to meet our needs.

That SPG points are not available of my reservation is made through booking.com. I was told to book directly for SPG points to accrue.

It is a very nice hotel

No free wifi is a little silly as most hotels now offer this. Lower levels are rather sensitive to noise from the function centre. An event was on until 2am one night that did impact on sleep quality.

Great room, good bathroom facilities, fantastic safe location with friendly helpful staff. Good bar downstairs.

Sheets were nasty and dirty and we had to call to have them changed at 11 at night before going to bed. Kids are not allowed to use the hot tub and there is no pool

• Fabulous Room

The modern style of the building is horrible on the eyes. We cursed the building for it endless mirrors, weird neon lights, and it's horrible bathroom lay-out. I would not recommend this hotel for the price. It's overpriced by 350 dollars a night.

The breakfast was nice but overpriced.

The very loud music at our time of check-in. We couldn't hear anything.

Location is great, walking distance to all the great restaurants and shops. The room was comfortable. Staff especially the concierge Jesus was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Fantastic Suite

No swimmming pool and no real outside space. Can't open your windows so you're in a 100% air con environment

Excellent food, comfortable bed, helpful and highly professional staff, good enough bar, nice breakfast restaurant. Great location in vibrant and safe area with lots of restaurants within an easy walk.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

There's no swimming pool and you have to pay for wifi. Breakfast was great, although slightly on the pricey side.

Excellent service and location- staff were amazing and super helpful. Stellar breakfast spread.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Rooms are OK relative to other W hotels, not they most comfortable and a little harsh in their design. The hotel did not hang the energy of other W hotels, a lot of the reason is the compact bar area in the lobby is not very inviting

Breakfast was tasty, but relative to the surrounding area you can get an even more delicious breakfast for much less.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

management doesn't want to solve issues,problems etc. not very clean room. facility like spa, pool doesn't allowed for kids. room doesn't have window, between bath and room - no door.

Elevators take some time to go up and down. The lobby can get crowded waiting for one since they are very small. The towels in the bathroom are heavy duty but not soft. Also, only a recyclable trash container in room, no where to throw away more organic items etc, other than a small bin in WC.

Staff was amazing and so very nice accommodating. The rooms were modernly appointed and stylish.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• King Studio

They keep sending me email, regarding if I have left my room??? I travel whithin Mexico and keep my room all week during my stay.... plus is already paid... dont understand why they staff keeps reaching to me asking if I have left my room??? Last time I left my toothbrush and some bathroom stuff and they took it away??? So while traveling I dont leave anything there

I like location and the food is excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Studio

i found it to be a little over priced compared to other hotels in mexico city. also very small rooms

location was great, staff was amazing and very helpfull

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Great facilities, excellent food in the restaurant, and a staff with great attitude. We celebrate a birthday and they put some details in the room :)

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• King Studio

Room is a bit cold in terms of design and materials used - bathroom offers very little privacy as there is not door (only a see-through curtain) and, conversely, you should not be claustrophobic if you want to take a shower as the door is non-transparent

very good service, great restaurant, very spacious room, nice neighborhood (although not central)

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Spa was closed and I was not told when checked in Gym very limited Internet expensive

Good location and rooms spacious Good breakfast and good restaurant

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The funky ultra modern vibe may not suit all travelers.

Superb staff. They were very helpful from check in to concierge services, offering us sightseeing tips, coffee tips and showing appropriate concern when we got stuck in the elevator. Location in Polanco is perfect.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Excellent location. I loved being in Polanco: great neighborhood. The hotel was a cool place to stay and the staff were amazing. We were there for 11 days and loved it. Starting our nights with a drink in the W bar was always a treat.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great location. I loved being in Polanco. Very convenient to great restaurants, shopping, and museums. All the staff were kind, friendly, and helpful. Our room was great. Loved having a drink at the bar before our nightly excursions.

Great hotel in great location!

I liked everything

Location was very important to my family and I but the hotel exceeded all my expectations from arrival to departure

• King Studio

Food not great and way overpriced. Too dark. Depressing and old school. Not on point or trendy.

The staff were great but everything else poor

• King Studio

Minimal natural light in the rooms

Location, staff, and room

• King Studio

The view, the staff, the food.

• Fabulous Room

Maybe internet. Good but maybe little bit slow

Wery good and smiler staff

the water closet.

The bathroom, shower head, water pressure, linens, bose sound system.

Modern style

The W Hotel Is amazing! Just go to Mexico, go to W Hotel and be happy!

The staff was wonderful.

• Fabulous Room

No swimming pool only jacuzzi available

Very friendly and helpful staff

ATENCION EXCELENTE

Great facilities great service great location

Dirty, ageing, rude staff, tiny,

Just the location

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Excellent service,

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Cool Corner Suite

I have not received a copy by email of my folio.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great restaurant / food

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

For the money the rooms were very cluttered. Outdated.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Fantastic Suite

Moderno, confortable, amenities completos, Gym y spa excelentes

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The loud music in the bar and reception area.

Amazing breakfast. Loads of fresh fruits every day. Great omelette too.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Coffee, breakfast, slow service, room.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• King Studio

The look and feel of the property was great. The staff were friendly and the location was well located.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

I would like to be cheaper to come more offten

The best location on town

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• King Studio

the pool is not a pool but a jacuzzi

24 Hours Gym Helpful whenever whatever staff size of the rooms

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Elevator was slow

Big rooms, quiet on my floor, helpful staff, hotel ammenities

Spot on service. Always a pleasure to stay at W. Comfy beds, great breakfast. Situated in the upmarket area of Polanco

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• King Studio

Lobby is somewhat "different" otherwise a very good hotel

Location. Great rooms. Very good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Lack of swimming pool

Loved the location staff and the room- wow!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

I have been to w mexico city many times and the hotel is great but the world of difference there is the W insider Maru Pardo. she is fantastic and makes me and my partners feel special each time we go and her attention to detail IS PRICELESS

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

The SPA facilities were not clean, and the staff didn't have ready my reservation, despite sending them a previous email; they even add services we did not ask for, we complain that it was not as private as they assure it was going to be.The massage was pretty good, despite we could listen everything outside.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

The attitude of the manager of the bar... A bit rude and not very keen into hotel guest... Since they were having some sort of fashion week party, any other guesst was not important....

Well, my last time here wasnt great.... But this time they made an effort to make me happy.... Thats why second chances are good.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The elavators take way too long. We were very dissapointed with the food. Our eggs were raw and cold. How the chef can let a plate like that leave the kitchen baffles me.

We liked the location . The service at check in was awesome. Valet service was very efficient...

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

For NO reason the cleaning personal took all my toothbrush, toothpaste etc??? It seems they thought my checkout was one day before..... Or so they say Also the AC for my room didnt work...

Renovated and a modern design.... Great location and young crowd.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

I little bit pricey for what it offers. Wi-fi charges are extremely high. Room design is nice but not cozy.

Location is awesome. Surrounded with good restaurants in a safe neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

My wife and I enjoyed everything the W Hotel offered. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The staff were always eager to help with any request. The location is about as good as it gets. After all, the Bentley dealership is directly across the street.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

When I arrived the reservation was not available to front desk. I was checked in without booking.com reservation and now there seems to be a no show charge that I will now need to clarify. NO LIKE.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

The glass isn't mirrored so the office block across the road can see into your bathroom

Cool design. Staff all friendly and remember your name.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

I did not appreciate the service, the staff thinks they are doing you a favor instead of really attending or welcoming a customer. They took two hours to give me my room as I asked for an upgrade which by the way I think it was extremely expensuve for what it includes. They should offer wifi included on the rooms also. They phoned me to asked me to check out! They should be more polite and consider that they took forever to give me my room and be more flexible, it bothered me when they phoned to asked us to check out.

I liked the location and the place overall looks great. The old rooms sure need a remodelation for the price but they view is awesome.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

When I booked, the room was supposed to be at 15-25th floor but I got a room on 5th floor. Then, two days in a row, the A/C couldn't be stopped in the room. The first time, in order to fix it, they had also to cut the lights in the bathroom until the next day. Plus, the shower mixer between cold and hot water wasn't working (water was either very hot or cold) and nothing was repaired the next day. Finally, the bar at the 1st floor had large panels telling "closed after authorities inspection" which is not very reinsuring and even a shame for an hotel pretending to be 5-star. Last but not least, paying this price (same as the Four Seasons where I went the precedent week) for these kind of quality, is truly a shame. Unfortunately, I never got any feedback or commercial gesture following my complaints (and usually I never file complaints in hotels)...

The geographical location, in the "zona hotelera" in Polanco, is the best in the city

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

everything...

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Very few facilities, very loud - it's a party place not really a luxury hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

No wifi, no pool, no regular restaurant jus t 1 very expensive and very gourmet.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Amazing bed

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Jerry in the Restaurant was fabulous...food amazing, very hip place with a world class spa

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Leaving!

Great design. Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

Nothing. Everything was awesome@

Clean, great location, the restaurant in the hotel is amazing!!! Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

no pool

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

The rooms corridor smelled... Can hear other room doors shutting.

Location Staff

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

very loud and poorely manufactured rooms. you can hear any noise on the same floor - even toilette or shower

design and lobby

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

Loves then location, facilities were modern and clean, and the staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2015

You were charged for internet service and it was limited to 3 devices.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great restaurant and very central location

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

The new Spanish restaurant is much more expensive than the one before.

The new deco in the room and the restaurant is very beautiful and chic.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Bathroom. Room planning

Service

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Location and staff and they allowed me to check in very early! :)

There are also 71 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse W Mexico City traveller photo gallery