Reviews of Avillion Legacy Melaka 4 stars

146 Jalan Hang Tuah, 75300 Melaka, Malaysia

#79 of 179 hotels in Melaka

5.6

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The dining facility could do with a more reasonable ala carte menu....

It’s centrally locates yet away from the clutter of a business district. It’s majestic ambience was very welcoming but the reception desk and dining facility could do with a makeover. Otherwise, simple and perfect for a get away!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Apparently, the Hotel Management have decided to regulate the Air conditioning temperature of the rooms. 23 degrees! Newspapers are only made available if you ask for them at the concierge. No more hanging them at the door knobs in the early hours of the morning. Perhaps to deter theft?

Great deal on room rates via booking.com!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The service is quite slow since the staff still on holiday due to Raya Aidilfitri leave. But overall, tip top!

The room was greatly comfortable, Big, the bed was great & comfy! I booked for deluxe room but due to high demands of rooms, my room had been upgraded to Suite without any charge. My family was so happy! 😍

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked 3rooms.One of the rooms had a stronger smoking smell upon entering and the air conditioning was not cold enough for my friend.

Large spacious room with acceptable standard of cleanliness and adequate free parking at a location which is quite close to most tourist sites.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- The bed a bit curvy in the middle. I got back pain waking up in the morning :( - Parking area a bit spooky at night - Wifi connection is available but not able to connect - Breakfast buffet lack of choices. The taste is just so-so

+ Luxury feeling when entering the lobby + Strategically located in the middle of the city & away from the traffic + Spacious room + Iron & ironing board provided + I got newspaper every morning :) + Friendly staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Disappointed with the omelette for breakfast..plain and tasteless.. If u can improve that.. I'll definitely extra happy..

The space suit for family with kids.. But improve the taste of the food for breakfast..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Well the room was definately not like the picture posted, location not so great but out of the traffic in town.

Lifts were fast and good,had room service for dinner and even with limited choices still manage to have some good food.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Only downside was the same breakfast.. we stayed for 3 days, and absolute same breakfast back to back

Room was spacious and clean, friendly staffs, good parking spots, good location and value for money

• Studio

The Car Parking was not so clean.

The room cleaners come to my room without my concern, this was not fair and i am totally not satisfied. I was call the customer service, said the manger will call me about it, but no one call me after that...

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Improvement on Hygiene and cleanliness is needed.

The location is strategic and convenient. Is accessible to all major amenities and facilities such as Melaka Sentral, Kota Laksamana, Shopping centre eg, AEON and TESCO, Jonker Walk, Melaka Heritage town.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi didn't work at all at our level (14th floor). Our door was left open when we came back from breakfast. There was no housekeeping done at that. So we couldn't understand why they had to open our room door. When we left, we knew we shut it close. Nothing was stolen but I was not sure why it was left opened. I did an accidental booking for the same hotel on another day and requested to waive my money. But till now, no response.

The swimming pool was clean and big enough to swim. Breakfast was tasty. The room was clean.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast, old furnish, swimming pool

It s clean but somehow old furniture. Breakfast good but not many choices. Coffee and tea were cold, and by quality can not say wow!generally fine but not a catchy one that make me go there again.staff r kinda depressed people!!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We stayed there for 3 nights but we can't connect to the wifi at all!

The location is quite near to most of the attractions and you can simply book a grab and it wont cost you much!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

All 4 pillows in my room during my stay was not fluffy, hence I had a bad neck and arm pains in the morning. Besides that, the bath tub knob faucets (for hot water) was always fell off during shower and since it was made from heavy stainless steel, it was nearly injured my feet :( . My room was L2 in 14th floor.

Room was spacious, iron & ironing board provided (much happy!) and a lot of table dressers, and drawers to put your stuff. Since the room was spacious, it is suitable for muslim traveler for praying. Breakfast with a lot of menu to choose!

• Studio

Room No : 844 (Studio room). The water was trapped on the floor in the bathroom. The shower doesn't have hot water. The bathtub was ok but one of the handle was rusty and another handle was missing. The water trapped made the bathroom smelly. The room was dusty a bit. The air conditioner could be adjusted according to the speed as mentioned on the remote because it was fixed. Found one cockroach died on the floor.

Bed was extra comfy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I’m unhappy with the counter staff, was told later she is internship, but still can’t except her rudeness.

The staffs at coffees House was friendly, thanks.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The haidryer pls put outside from the drawer, i cant find after im taking bath. When i was checkout, i found tht in drawer. I request 2 single beds, but ive got 1 queen bed. The towel should always be ready in room before customer check in. The bathtub too small.

All is very good, all the staff was friendly. The view from my room is city view. The room as i requested, at an upper higher floor, level 15. Aircond was okay, cold n nice. Toiletries is all complete. Water heater is working. The room n bathroom was very clean and tidy. Check in process was very good and fast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the clorine at the swimming pool are to strong.. it make my eye being sore and become red..

i like the clean swimming pool and the delicious breakfast..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were very unfriendly and had given me bad customer, as the paying customer I should given season parking but why wasn’t I eligible to it? The breakfast menu had limited choices and weren’t very appetising, the security was very rude to me and don’t allow me to park at the car park as it was reserve for season Parker’s , i won’t be coming back for a holiday again , very disappointed and had a bad experience

The design was excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They should change thier pillows and blanket.

As for me, the place is quite strategic because it just nearby banks and petrol stations. Other than that, I like it when I don’t have to iron my clothes at the ironing room or need to ask for it as it is already in the room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed seems dusty and having old carpet smell. Not many toiletries given and the bath towel seems old. Should change every 3 to 6 months for bathing towel. Aircon very noisy. Pillow seems very old which has lost it's elasticity.

The checkout was very fast and efficient. The staff offers a very good smile and service. The room is spacious. Have many 3 pin point plugs.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi horrible.not stable at all.bath tub shower tap not in good condition.having difficult time adjusting the tap to make sure water comes out from shower.

Superior room is big and comfortable.breakfast is good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the cleanliness is terrible. olds design hotel and toilet so dirty.no toothbrush provide at this hotel? seriously? towel dirty with a few round black at the towel (i dont know what that) its totally below than my expectation. i will never come back to this hotel. better go to other hotel with the same amount that u paid for this hotel.with this service and facilities, this standard for 1 star hotel and u can get the cheaper hotel than this avillion. breakfast just ok and actually i can get better breakfast at any budget hotel like what they served. i pay for rm142 per night but in return, my experience its suitable for rm70 per night hotel.go to other places or u will regrat like me.

below than my expectation

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The picture and the real situation is so different! Dirty! Hair on the floor everywhere upon check in! Bed old, linen all old Heater giving us problem all the time!

• Studio

Breakfast spread was so-so. Can you please improve :)

Friendly staff - front desk, house keeping and restaurant. This is not my first trip, making it my first choice hotel if I'm in Malacca.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No free mineral water provided in room even they provide you with set of mini bar, breakfast is very simple, provided with rusted ketle, outdated swimming pool for child. Parking area look horror. Uncomfortable bed

Hotel design is unique, with bathtub, free wifi and daily newspaper

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel has very strong and nasty smell. So when i walked in to my first room it made me feel sick. So i asked for change of room to non smoking floor. But the staff just said all the rooms are nonsmoking. When there was non smoking floors clearly stated at the lift.

Nothing! Worth your money

Booked a studio room but got upgraded to a deluxe room instead because of overbooking(which is not really good) but the satff handled the matter well so I feel more than delighted to get free upgrade.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not the greatest area but can't complain. Also hotel smelled of smoke in corridors a little.

Room was big and great for the price we payed. Having a pool was an added bonus a well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Bad service. Our trip coincided with a huge group of tourists, unfortunately. Breakfast was not enough to cater for all of us. We didn't eat breakfast because there was not enough food and we were rushing to work. The restaurant was too small to accommodate all of us as well. Super hot and crowded. 2. internal miss communication (HeadQuarters (KL) - MELAKA branch HOTEL) - called 2 days before arrival, double confirm our room..she said ok CONFIRMED with 2 single beds (im not sure what's her name) because we travel for work with colleagues..they preferred 2 single beds. 3 rooms - only 1 room 2 single beds. 3. Air conditioner (old type) - need to service, not cold..call maintenance, they said ok 10 minutes!!!!uhh waiting for them until morning la...

nil...

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Mattress was dirty. We noticed bird's feather on the bed. Not sure how and where it came from. The bathroom tiles was dirty. With stain. not clean

The room was big. The lobby looks nice. The food was OK

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1.Room key/card everytime you use have to activate to the reception. 2. Everytime i called to the reception always engage need to go down reception counter if you need to talk to them. 3. Shower heater not working.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the room facilities esp toilet long bath sink the drainage of water after shower having stuck and drain very slow. no slipper provide. air conditioning no cool.

the outlook design building but inside the room urh........

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool is over crowded when I visited however the annoyance was caused by number of kids jumping & splashing water in a 4 Ft pool - i would expect the facilities people to have them stop doing it as it causes disturbance to other's relaxation but can also prove dangerous

The property is well maintained

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My bath tub lid not function, so that i cant enjoy my bath with my 4 years old daughter. she seems upset about that.

friendly staff, smooth & easy check in, variety of breakfast, convenient car park.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My room was very bad. Bedsheets was torn and the bed is not comfort at all like others claim. Aircond is not working then the technician came and repaired but still not cold. Even outside is cooler than my room. Mehhh. Few lights also not working. We keep complained and technician said we can change the room but very late because it was almost 2 am! My kid already slept plus we are so tired after so many activities during the day. Not worth my money.

• Studio

when i want check in..i didnt bring cash..coz i booking by booking.com and direct pay with creditcard..the staff tell that i need pay for deposit RM102..i waiting for my husband coz my husband need to meet someone..around half an hour then i asked the staff to give me the keycard room 1st later when my husband come i will pay..shes refuse,said only after pay deposit she can give keycard..im feeling so sad with hotel mnangment..

when i open the door..im so speechless and impress with the lighthing which is so romantic ,toilet so clean and the bed so comfortable..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I found hair on the pillow before I lie down to rest :(

I’m so excited that they upgraded my room to studio room! My hubby and I enjoyed our stay there :)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

2 main things. 1st is the Hot Water is not working. After half an hour leaving the hot water tap running, the water still cold. 2nd is their room air-condition is warm. I can't sleep and i am sweating in the middle of midnight. I did complain to hotel reception & the maintenance guy did came and try to fix but fail. The next morning, at the reception the staff informed me, maybe their chiller got problem. Morning buffet breakfast was just ok but nothing special. I felt very disappointed.

Staff is friendly. They upgraded my Deluxe Room to Studio. Big Studio Room & spacious.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room provided dirty, washroom not properly cleaned, sofa comes with patches? Eventhough I booked room with breakfast and paid before check in, receptionist keep denying it..luckly this apps help me so kudos to this apps..Not to mention, most of the power plug are useless

Location very near to city centre

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The moment we got into the room,we can see that things are old...like the facilities could be upgraded.The bath tub looks dirty,and there was no anti-slip mat available to put in the bath tub,so it’s quite dangerous.We could not adjust the air con temperature,it stays at 24 degree celcius

It looks nice from the outside as well as the lobby.It looks classy.The room is big and thank god,there is a Swimming pool,it’s clean,and it makes me feel that it’s worth the stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The air condition in my room not functioning. Cant adjust the temperature. Its hot during night. Called the reception but nothing done. There was also problem in bathtub.

The design. It's beautiful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Only minor repair needed on the toilet door and propose to upgrade and add up on the TV channel.

Classic room style. Comfortable bed. Very good bathroom with tub.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location wise is quite convenient. I specially wanted to thank the coffee house manager who took care of my breakfast when I was down with high fever. It was a very kind gesture of him sending up a bowl of warm porridge at no cost. Thank you for being so kind and nice. Keep up the good hospitality! A small gesture means so much. Happy to stay again next time.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was check in last weekend on 11-12 March 2018. Unfortunately I am so disappointed because the key card door can't be open so many times. Need to approached reception a few times and so tired. It takes 1 hour for me to enter my room. After settle it, I think the management should encounter me by giving upgraded room or late check out or any complimentary breakfast but it seems nothing from the management. This is my second times staying in Avillion Melaka and after this thing happen, I'm so disappointed and will think twice if I would choose to stay again here. Truly feel regret with the service given.

Far from food center

Our car height is 2.3m. Impossible to park in the hotel carpark but the security reserved VIP parking lot for us without any arrangement.. Good security service.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed sheet was not clean and a bit dusty plus there was a lot of yellow spots on the blanket and the bath tab was totally a waste coz the stop cork didn't work at all and the tab have a crack on it and its a bit sharp which makes me feel unlikely to used the tab.

The staff was nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing so far.. I'll definitely have my stay again soon.

The room is spacious & it was beyond my expectation. I got the room with city view that fascinated me in the night. I like the bath tub. Breakfast also come with so many selections and it's super tasty! Swimming pool at level 6, nice place to take a selfie. Overall is superb! We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Studio

Aircond not functioning well. Flush tank leaking and making a noise. No drinking water in the room.

The bed extra comfy. The room sevice did a good job.the room extra large yet comfy. The bathroom, tub very comfy and big.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No hot water in shower,power plug not functioning when switch on the night.aircond is not cold even though turn to lowest temp and high fan.

Bed comfy,nice view from window

• Superior Double or Twin Room

bath tub are pretty dirty. Air Cond. need to be update. Room interior must be upgrade and renovate.

Big room provided. Beautiful exterior building designation

nothing -

everything is great except the air-con in the room is not cool enough to cool down the room after coming back for our tour and with the hot day.. i believe the hotel need to check on the cooling system of the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

toilet tank flooded.water from the shower are too slow.sheet of the is a little bit yellowish.

The view from the room quite interesting.The hotel located at the centre of attraction place.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Poorly air conditioned, rooms were very warm and the heater in the bathroom was quite difficult to operate due to old showers. Room had a stench upon entering

Easily located and free parking for outsiders

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The water that come out from shower in bath tub was too close to wall. It cant be adjusted to extend the water to mid of bathtub. I had a hard time to shower and need to stand closer to wall. Need to get a handsfree shower

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Looks nice outside, but inside is old and ancient. Ants in the bathroom, dirty carpet, can feel sands inside the room .. Water cap loosen, can’t tighten it ....

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lousy hotel with bad service..room is old and not sure either they change the bad sheets or not..breakfast also bery bad..confused with the name avillion..thought it was good as other avillion

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the furniture a bit old..

the staff very nice and help me so much..the breakfast was great..many choice n faster refill..check in process very faster..housekeeping staff very friendly and help me so much..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the parking entrance oh my god ....i saw so many scratched its mean most of hotel customer suffer to repair their cars cause of this hotel. what a waste cause this hotel .

i like the hotel located at town

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is quite a long walk to city center, pillows are too soft and not spongy, no balcony..

Comfortable bed, easy parking, numerous facilities located within walking-distance, iron and ironing board provided apart from other necessities like minibar, water heater, bathtub etc..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms, bath, furniture and facilities are very old and outdated. Towel and bedding are worn out with holes.

Hotel is in central location yet away from the traffic packed areas. Rooms are spacious.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Have a some equipment can't used. Such as hairdryer

The bed very fluffy. Aircond also in good condition. Not too cold at early morning. Sizing for room also just nice and comfortable.

• Studio

The hotel facilities quite old and the parking location seem to be dark.

Room upgraded from studio to suite, the room is big & clean. Had a pleasant check in and the staffs are well mannered. Have plenty of parking and location is good. Also, the breakfast is good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not all rooms are well equipped. Booked 4 rooms and mine lack of towels and other essential amenities.

Friendly staff and helpful and overall it's situated at a very convenient location in Melaka town.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping were not very good. They only made the bed and resupplied toiletries but didn't clean up the room. The room keycard also had issues and we had to go back to reception to get it fixed every night we got back.

Checking in and out were hassle free and the rooms were super nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel slippers not provided. All the plug was on the floors.

The bed was comfortable. The bathtub was good. Beautiful painting as a decoration. Overall nice stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Report to the hotel employees pertaining to the bathtub issues, a technician comes to the hotel room less than 5 minutes and settled it in a timely manner

• Studio

Bath tub not functioning very well, no floor towel for bathroom, swimming pool could be improved, no wifi connection at room (0903).

Good exterior, variety of food for breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bath tub is not functioning very well, swimming pool could be improved, no wifi connection at my room (0902), no floor towel for bathroom, dusty drink glasses.

Good location, variety of food to choose for breakfast, good exterior.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The toilet cement is higher than the room so the water leaked out to the room

The bed and room and comfy enough to cater us parents with two kids. And the staff are super helpful and nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room not clean from what I expected. The carpet is dirty. swimmiing pool not proper maintained.

Location tengah2 bandar melaka. Easy access to restaurant and other interesting place.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was just off the business area, so not very inviting

Location was really good; very central. Staff were helpful. Breakfasts were good value and the tea was excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I booked 3 nights online. It was totally a big mistake! The bathing sink was trocked. My foot was full of dirty water! The worst thing is the hotel has no wifi at all!! Wanted to cancel my booking and change another hotel. But the staff told me my money cannot be refunded! Even a 3 star hotel in Malacca is better than this. My opinion to you is never thoose this hotel!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast had not much variety. By the third morning I was bored with the choices.

A quiet place. Travelled most of the time in foot as the hotel had easy access to the main town.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It would be better to have other tv channels include such as HBO and Astro Ria.

Rooms are spacious, variety of food during buffet breakfast, near to tourists attraction places.

Browse Avillion Legacy Melaka traveller photo gallery