Reviews of Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya 5 stars

Off Persiaran Bandar, 43650 Bangi, Malaysia

#9 of 26 hotels in Bangi

Definitely a great hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Kids under 4 must pay rm24 for breakfast. They barely eat. Maybe should increase the age limit to kids under 7.

The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. Swimming pool is big. Balcony is great. Check in and out were super smooth.

Very pleasant stay

Nothing, really.

The hotel has the good mix of local and international feel. It was good to be away fron KL buzz, in the lush property but still well connected to the city center and nearby Mall by the provided shuttle buses (or taxis). The staff was very friendly and efficient, from the transport desk to the staff assigned to the egg counter during the generous breakfast. Cocktails at the bar and a massage after a day in the heat were special treats. The japanese restaurant, albeit a bit dear for local standards, was excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Nice
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The sound of hammer since i checked in till 6pm and it continues the next day at 10am that made u awake

Everything except the above.love the huge room & comfy bed

Sure !! I will come again !!
    • Palm Suite

It was noisy during the day time due to repairing in the room next door.

I am truly happy every time I come here. all of the hotel staffs are awesome.

The property is lovely and well-maintained.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The tv...I know - not everyone watches tv on holiday, but sometimes after a day of sightseeing, swimming, I wanted to just relax with a cool drink and watch tv. Only about 5 of the listed 20 or so channels actually worked. The rest were "fuzz." As for the channels that did work, the TV Channel listing card was not accurate.

The property is lovely and well-maintained. Fitness center small but clean and modern. Pool large and lovely. Extremely helpful and kind staff.

Nice pool
    • Premier Family

The walls between rooms are quite thin. We were woken up in the middle of the night as our neighbours returned to their room and stared to listen to loud music. Doors of the rooms close very loud which is not usual in a five star hotel. This will also keep you awake if your neighbours are repeatedly going in and out during the night.

Nice room with comfortable beds. Lots of choice for the breakfast. The kids loved the pool.

I would come again to run away from my chaotic life.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not a big issue. Just a suggestion : Add a white curtain. I wanna peek through the sliding door more often to see the scenery. And the breakfast...you have to pay RM49 for it if it is not included in your hotel fee. But for RM 49, I think need to add a little bit more choices. It's already good, but it could be better. The chef made me an ommelette ; so good and perfect. Another issue I had was , I came as early as 6.45 am. But some of the staff and food are not out yet. I wonder if they prefer more if people come at 7.30 am....I wish they would have be ready earlier.

Super friendly and helpful staffs. Seriously good communication skills. Beautiful scenery Beautiful gardens and landscape The bed is very very comfortable. I love the big single seat sofa. Very suitable for a bookworm like me to cozy up with a cup of coffee and a good book. Toilet was super clean and perfect. There's a minibar, iron and ironboard, electronic kettle

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice pool area.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only big negative is the distance from KL city centre. However, the free shuttle bus to and from is a great help. Otherwise, download GRAB, and get a reasonable price taxi service to suit your own schedule.

Nice pool area. Reasonable poolside menu.

Could be better
    • Premier Family

Little variety on breakfast spread. Staff could be more friendlier and wifi should be easier to connect and faster.

Breakfast is good and delicious. Bed is comfortable and big

A lovely getaway from the city.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The food presentation could be improved; the mash potatoes with my salmon tasted powdery.

We got an upgrade to the suite thus the high scores! Beautiful and scenic location; went for a walk in the area nearby before breakfast on Sunday . The hotel itself was beautifully designed and blended will into the natural surroundings.

a pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the executive rooms were clean & spacious, there was variety in the breakfast spread & pleasant staff at reception providing hassle-free check in.

Room and hotel facilities were good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in room was not that strong. Took time to cool the room.

Room and hotel facilities were good. Room was clean and staff very friendly.

Big property with lush green surroundings.
    • Premier Family

Food at Fantasia restaurant could be tastier and qualitative better for the price we paid. We ordered Nasi Lemak and Continental breakfast set and the waiter misunderstood us and just brought the items that you had to choose from Continental set. Maybe the staff needs a better understanding of what they are selling. That was the only let down at this property.

Property was nice, check in and check out was fast and reception was very friendly. Swimming pool was huge and we spent lot of time with the kids there. Family room was spacious and the beds very comfortable.

Excellent service & location, hotel shuttle service is very comprehensive and free.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Plastic table and chairs ( as above )

The hotel previously called THE EQUATORIAL,is now under new ownership,they have done a great job, of upgrading all there there facilities. With one exception,bedroom balconies now have a table and 2 chairs, made from plastic and very unstable.???

Pleasantly surprised!
    • Premier Family

Well, they goofed up our room service and were not willing to make us a special deal to switch breakfast with a simple dinner plan (we were clear we were even okay if the switched the overhead cost and gave us the difference for the dinner and we would still pitch in for any balance if there was any). Oh well.. not always are we pleased as customers, are we??!! Oh well.. outside of the fact that we missed our Breakfast (which we actually paid for in the room plan, we were overall okay with the overall experience.. Hoping they can still make up for this.. Hotel bangi - are you listening?? :-) Special mention to Krish (at the reception desk). Quite courteous!

The room was good.. Decent size and accommodated all 4 of us well.. So overall happy!

Best hotel in bangi
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking is quite far, when the hotel happen to have a function, they should priority the guest by reserve parking space.

Everything from food to room it is well setup and super confy room. A pleasant stay thumb up.

It was great, all the staffs were friendly and helpful except our unsatisfaction with the bellman.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When we first arrived, the hotel bellman did not assist us with our luggage. They just stood there and watched us load our luggage from the car.

The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and the room was nice.

Very good except for the toilet
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The design of the toilet is terrible. The floor was not designed to let water out easily. So I have to sweep out the water everytime after use.

Very clean and spacious

Very bad experience as we totally not comfort to rest after long trip and flight.not meeting 5star
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room totally not comform , not cool even max aircond.the carpet not feel good, like dusty.the water shower slow n difficult to adjust.

Garden in lovely

Quiet at breakfast.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

For extension to 18h00 afyer checkout time you had to pay half the price for a night extra. Once they forgot to attend/clean the room.

Quiet at breakfast. Nice personal balcony.very friendly staff.

Recommended!!
    • Premier Family

Restaurant/food/Breakfast was slightly expensive compared to others 5 hotels that supply the same quality of food.

Nice Rooms Nice Outdoor Swimming Pool Nice Welcome. Parking available. Rooms Value for money.

The room is spacious.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The aircond did not function well...asked for a king size bed, but get twin sharing instead..need to wait for at least 45 minute after my booking in order to check in...

The room is spacious..the ambient is good..

Convenient location for our work but limited with some facilities not open
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Limited restaurant facilities at the time of our stay - Ok if you like buffet but I don't. Not clear why feature restaurants were not open. Drinks were overpriced

Scale and ambiance of the hotel were good

very pleasant stay- as always

no comments

Very nice swimming pool in lush surroundings. Good local food and very friendly service. Overall makes you feel at home. Rooms are very spacious and my room had a writing desk with internet access cable. Very useful for working traveler.

A stay worth the price
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The hotel has thin walls. While in my room, I could hear people chatting while walking in the corridor.

The staff were friendly, and they tried to fulfill my request in switching rooms and cancelling breakfast bookings (I felt very sorry for the inconveniences). I was given a room with the pool view.

Awesome
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The road to the hotel needs improvement.

Overall is awesome, food variety and delicious, staff are friendly, scenery are beautiful. I will repeat my visit here when I come again.

Superb! Best in Bangi
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Some days the dinner service is buffet, some days a la carte. Not easy to know which.

Fantastic stay! Service was extremely efficient - collected from KLIA with no fuss, driven safely. Room was large, with balcony, large bathroom, sofa and writing desk. Wide ranging breakfast, plenty of choice and good quality. Pool, gym both very good. Would happily return.

Good hotel always
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

price of the Japanese restaurant has been increased drastically . but taste is good.

I used to stay this hotel frequently since long time ago. I stay comfortably every time. It may be a little inconvenient without a car. but, staff is great. service is awsome I love them. I will go staying again in May ( already made a reservation ).

I used to stay here quite often for many reasons...but had one bad experience recently..
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I left my children (15 and 18 years old) to finish their breakfast on their own because I had to send my youngest to her camp. I was informed that a guest (middle aged woman) had asked one of the servers to clean their table because she wanted to sit there. They were forced to quickly finish their meal. The server should have been more firm and persuaded her to sit elsewhere without disturbing the comfort of other guests at the hotel. I am not happy with the staff for bowing down to the needs of certain guests at the expense of other guests. I am not sure when and if I will be staying here again even though I used to stay here quite often in the past.

The view from the 8th floor

Excellent!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No ATM. Te get cash I had to walk into the section 8 shopping district. Only 20 mins each way. Frequent problems with WiFi. Although they are trying to fix it. When I spoke to the reception about it they apologised and let me use their personal mobile hotspot to do what I needed.

Nice room with a balcony and fridge. The aircon is well maintained (no funny smells). It has a free gym which is clean, they have alcohol wipes so you can clean the equipment before and after use. Lots of restaurants with a wide variety of food. The views from the room are fantastic. There is also a suana, massage parlour and outdoor swimming pool.

Overall we love our stay at hotel bangi putrajaya especially the breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Carpark. Old looking furniture (but its okay), Wifi is not working at all, During our last night at the hotel, around 2.20am we heard someone running at the corridor with big loud footsteps & rang our doorbell. Not sure who does that in the middle of the night. Toiletries not enough.

Varieties of food during breakfast (Inlove with the pastries delicious! Way better than impiana klcc), Swimming pool,

Enjoyable stay and convenient for my work locations
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I enjoyed the stay and will return with no adverse comments

Lovely hotel setting with pools and grounds that were a pleasure to look at. Poolside bars and serves were very good. Staff in these areas were friendly and very helpful. Receptions staff were helpful with the organisation of taxis for of campus meetings.

Old hotel but overall well-maintained. Value for money
    • Premier Family

Internet a bit slow & frequently disconnected and required to sign in. Car park has no shelter - have to walk under the hot sun & rain.

Gym facilities, swimming pool, beds, quiet environment & good breakfast

A good place for stress therapy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wifi registration is quite complicated, I don't like it =(

Spacious room, ideal for family with kids. Nice scenery and landscape, big swimming pool and the staff very helpful.

Good
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

- The water heater in my room was intermittently working (room 640) - The front entrance can get crowded especially with buses - There is an empty parking spot (not the valet) but mostly reserved, for who? Is there a special price to pay for lots nearby to the hotels?

- Always rated high for this hotel for it's good and welcoming environment - Breakfast buffet is good and with wide variety - Swimming pool is big with kiddie pool available - Location is good with peaceful surroundings - Hotel provided shuttle to IOI City Mall, KL and Airport - Ample parking space but no covered roof

Quiet stay, good breakfast relaxing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bell boy staff effectiveness could be improve. Given 5th floor (facing I do not know what type of view is that?!) luckily the front desk lady managed to find me another perfect view room as replacement.

Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Multiple choice of food during breakfast.

Not as good compared to my previous stays
    • Premier Family

I had previously stayed 3 times at the hotel (for work), but this was the first time I stayed with my family as we were having our winter holiday in Malaysia. We arrived at 4.15pm and the room wasn't ready! We were asked to sit at the lobby. After 45 min of waiting (I was told I'd be called) I went to the reception and finally got a room. The family room was OKish--not carpeted, and with a small double bed, a single bed and a not so comfortable sofa bed.

The pool was good for kids.

A very serene hideout in the middle of Bangi. Love this place!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room is considerably huge taking into account the balcony. Initially, I chose this hotel because I promised my daughter a weekend at a hotel which has a swimming pool, but the bathtub was a bonus to me. My daughter enjoyed her weekend with her "water activities" and I enjoyed the comfort and safety of the venue.

Poor Customer Service
    • Premier Family

The check in was an unpleasant experience. The reception was rude to my parents, or as my mother said "tak mesra alam". Since I book the room for my parents, I've already put in the booking that it will be for someone else; ie my father's name. The reception keep saying there is no booking and demanded that they produce an IC, namely MY IC (I was not with them). After a while, the reception finally "found" the booking and proceed checking in but never apologize to my parents for the rather cold welcome. The only consolation is that the room and the hotel itself is nice. Please improve on your customer service and maybe learn some manners with the elderly?

Book the room for my parents and they loved it. The area is beautiful and they get quite a big room. Overall ambience is great.

Fruitful and worthy for the price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was slight issue pertaining to my stay , had been highlighted with the hotel management. Otherwise, issue have been resolved and staff and management is consider quite prompt and helpful.

The staffs were very friendly and polite.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staffs were very friendly and polite. The room was spacious and carpeted. The shuttle service (to IOI city mall and KL) and welcome drinks provided was an added value too. The free wifi was good. As a whole, we had a good experience.

- The breakfast menu range is good and awesome
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- The toilet door in my room was faulty. My sister got trapped inside it but the facilities team handled it pretty well.

- The breakfast menu range is good and awesome - Large swimming pool with kids pool - The staffs are friendly and welcoming - The location is slightly off the city but it is calming - Bangi has a lot of restaurants and eatery places to choose from

Bed Bugs
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Booked four rooms for my family, unfortunately one of the room during the mid night been attacked by bed bugs. Its super itchy and lucky not attacked to my 3 years old niece.

the scenery and the pool

Excellent for those wanting a staycation close to home.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Car park should have roofed walkway - especially for family when it rains (need to walk up stairs in rain as well). Also good to have for safety purpose. Breakfast could be improved to have more options and could taste better. To improve waiting time at eggs counter.

Cleanliness is superb. No aging marks or stain on bath tub! Called housekeeping 3 times and all attended very quickly. Swimming pool is excellent for kids. Large enough and did not feel crowded even it was during high season. The kids loved the fish pond as well.

Comfortable, clean & nice
    • Premier Family

Very comfortable with huge, spacious and clean room. We stayed in family of 4. The receptionist is very friendly. Very suitable for those who seek for a calm stay with nature surroundings.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Above all, everything is nice and comfortable. Will be staying there for my next trip to KL/Bangi.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1. Late check out time 2. Added variety for breakfast.

1. Free wi fi have to be registered through e mail. not so convenience. 2. Breakfast at the charge rate is not value for money.

Cleanliness & privacy
    • Premier Family

Check in time control by the staff is not standardize. Understood is from 2pm....however some staff said from 2 pm...but some staff accept the check in from 1.30 pm.

Cleanliness & privacy

A bit on the steeper side in terms of value for money, but not bad if you can afford it
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The room smelt stale when we opened the door after checking in. Surprisingly, no toothbrushes were provided befitting the hotel's standard, but as we brought our own we decided to not contact housekeeping on the matter. Breakfast was average, we've visited the hotel under its previous management, when it was then known as The Equatorial, Bangi and during that time each buffet spread was splendid. Parking can be a hassle when the hotel hosts weddings or meetings and there are several convenient front parking lots which are always reserved.

The staff from the concierge to the reception to the pool to the restaurant were all friendly and helpful. Nice, spacious room.

Excellent breakfast buffet with both local as well as...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The bar - for which in particular the outdoor seating is limited, is unfortunately every evening occupied by KLM flight crews, so that it is hardly possible to get a seat outside.

Excellent breakfast buffet with both local as well as international specialties. Nice surroundings with a garden / pool area and an outdoor terrace of the bar.

Very good hotel but need to keep up with some maintenance
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Whilst the hotel was generally very good, I think they need to keep up with some maintenance. The toilet pipe in my room for example was leaking a little (had to turn off the main lever to avoid more water dripping) and the chair's armrest was partly broken (not noticable unless you use it).

My second stay at the hotel. Just as good as the first.

• Premier Family

Ended up in a family room on the ground floor, which no balcony or patio. As a lone traveller, it was a bit bleak, and a shame not to be able to sit outside and enjoy the gardens. Also very cold as the A/C didn't seem to be controllable.

Great breakfast, lovely garden.

could be better. aircond keeps blowing cold and hot.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

ASKED FOR LATE CHECK OUT. BUT NOT ALLOWED. SHOULD CONSIDER NOT AS IF I ASKED TO STAY UNTIL 3. I EVEN CHECKED IN LATE AT 6. WELL, WHAT TO DO. THEY SAID HAVE A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE COMING.

COULD DO BETTER.

Nice and Quiet

Expensive room service menu

Excellent spot for a layover - - quiet and comfortable and not too far from the airport (40 minutes). Excellent value and attentive staff. Great Breakfast

Nice hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent accommodations, beautiful pool. Reasonable price. Recommended to travellers to stay at this hotel compare to budget hotel around Bangi. Will stay there again.

The best hotel ive stayed in Malaysia.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

jacuzzi wasnt working. silly me only realised the left tap was the hot shower. far from the nearest shopping area, but good privacy.

The facilities are awesome and well maintained. loved the 24hr gym and sauna. good service and friendly staff. Free shuttle service to a great mall.

Recommended
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking space was a big problem during daytime as the hotel got busy with on-site local programmes (meetings/conference, etc).

Comfortable room and good gym.

Seems like the management is changed. The familiar faces were no longer been seen.
    • Palm Suite

We are regular guess but seems like it was not the same now. The restaurant where we were having our breakfast the layout like at hawker centre especially on the right side from the main entrance.

Yes you are right. The croissants & other pastries are good since look like it's just been baked. The most I like is the fried rice. Perfectly been cooked.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They let us check in 2 hours early because we were already there and had checked out of a larger room downstairs. Room service was speedy. The room was clean and the view was gorgeous.

Won't come again.
    • Palm Suite

My suite felt like half size of the 71sqm it should have had. Otherwise it is a dated place and maybe 3 star plus. Definitely not 5 or 4 star at all. No drama. Was OK for staying one week for business travel.

Quite and peaceful area to relax
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Limited parking lot especially when there's seminar or conference.should restrict some parking area to hotel guest only.

Friendly staff and peaceful environment

Bangi Putrajya is a great plac e to stop over.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wifi connection has been made very complicated to login on the phone. Had to ask help of the front desk staff who was very kind to do it for us.

The stay was very comfortable & enjoyed dim sum at Harmony

No public transport or hotel shuttle to airport from here
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is NO public transport anywhere near here. They advertised a shuttle but that is to the city and NOT to the airport.

The swimming pool was excellent.

The staffs hospitality was great & so was the breakfast
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Unlucky for me, there was a wedding during my stay so the entrance was packed & lots of guest

The staffs hospitality was great & so was the breakfast

Very nice hotel and good value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The people at the reception desk need to smile more and be friendlier to guests. A friend also checked in around the same time, and she was offered breakfast at a cheaper rate - but I didn't receive such offer :( It would have been convenient to have breakfast at the property seeing that I had a toddler.

The room was good with up-to-date furniture and very spacious - this is especially good as my 2-year old son had space to play and move. Swimming pool was big and clean. The bell boy was very friendly and helpful. I requested to change rooms as the first room we got had no view (literally, we saw only the rooftop) and they were kind enough to give us a room with a pool view.

Perfect location being out of the city.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poolside food service very slow although drinks and staff are first class. This could be attributed to it being ramadan during our stay.

Excellent buffet breakfast, staff first class. Pool area clean and quiet. Shuttle service into the city a real bonus.

Please improve ur front liners
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Ive made a mistake when i was overbooked with 3 rooms,then i canceled and did a separate booking for 1 room, when i am checking in at the reception counter, they query regarding the booking and i stated about mistake ive made and already did a Cancellation. An indian staff name sha told me, i need to do cancellation with booking.com otherwise i will get penalty charges from booking.com. Is it true?or she just made it up?. Booking.com sent me a confirmation of cancellation after i did check in.When i first enter the room, i smell smoking odour from the carpet. Bath tub and sinki leaking.

Its quiet and cozy

AMAZING PLACE TO STAY!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Loved the whole place, look and vibe. Me and my partner loved this place, and it is amazing value for money. The rooms were cleaned daily and spotless. The views were amazing! There's a small shop inside that you can buy bits and pieces. I bought a chocolate bar from there. They have bus shuttles to Kuala Lumpur which saved us a lot of mucking around and money. Also there's a beauty salon in there, they do facials, nails, pedis, and manis. I had a relaxing facial there and the lady was really nice. Miss Malaysia already.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Environment
    • Premier Family

Last time check in, security guard as person need to transfer my luggage to my room. Usually, hotel's staff transfer my luggage from lobby to my room..

Environment

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Short Holiday in Bangi
    • Premier Family

parking is outside the building, with walking distance of about 50 meter to my car, no cover, if raining then will be a problem.

very nice family premier room, my children like it very much. food is nice. Pool side view is nice as well.

Excellent stay... a quite & comfortable hotel and best choice fr honeymooners.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Coffee house staff should be more carefull, polite & knowledgeable when dealing with inclusive breakfast offers....other wise the guest felt humilated when it comes to argument

The room is spacious & comfortable. house keeping service is excellent.

good value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the rule for swimming was very strict although not many people using the pool... plus, it don't have any slides, so i think the rule of must use swimming attire can be a bit too much especially when there are not many people in the pool..and a lot of mosquitoes around the pool..

the room was clean n quite spacious and i loved the furniture made of rattan...

Comfortable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room lights could be brighter. The room service shud be able to be charged to the room and pay upon check out.

The coffee house..big and airy. The food was good. Staffs were courteous.

Booking.com charged me more then the hotel itself!

Why there are so much different on the pricing between booking.com & the hotel itself, Booking.com price is so much expensive!!

Everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Quiet great weekend getaway!
    • Premier Family

Buffet breakfast selections could be better. Other guests of family rooms did not seem to understand the importance of closing the added main entrance door after them.

Spacious and very clean room. Family rooms were located on ground floor and required an access card to enter. Added security!

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Loving the food..excellent!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It took quite some time for the extra bed to reach our room..simply because i was not told to order it from the reception desk rather than the housekeeping..miscommunication at a test!!

Due to our short stay (thus not experiencing the awesome facilities), we were thrilled by your breakfast spread ..keep it up guys!!

Browse Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya traveller photo gallery