Reviews of The Bayview Beach Resort 4 stars

Batu Ferringhi Beach, 11100 Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia

#9 of 19 hotels in Batu Ferringhi

Big and clean room.
    • Superior Twin Room

My parents stayed with 2 kids (6 & 4 year-old). When they (2 adults) brought the 2 kids for breakfast in the morning, they were stopped by the staff and was told that the kids were chargeable for breakfast (RM 25++ per kid if they remember correctly). I did not expect this because i am pretty sure that the breakfast is inclusive in our room rate. How can the hotel expect my parents to have the breakfast without the kids. We felt we received different treatment because the staff did not stop another middle-east looking couple while they walked in for breakfast with their 2 kids. My parents (50+) were not good in conversing in English thus they did not confront the staffs. I am writing to seek a clarificaiton from the Bayview Beach Resort.

Big and clean room. Spacious lobby.

Over rated
    • Family Suite with Partial Sea View

Wifi performance was unacceptable- kept dropping in and out. Hotel did say it was our room and offered to move us however. Outdated and in need of a make over, which the hotel was in the process of doing so on alternate floors, however made it noisy between 9 and 6.

Pool was great. Enca cafe across the road was awesome. Close to beach.

Did not manage to enjoy our short break. The intention was bring my parents out from city to relax.

The facilities and location

Our room lock was spoilt and they took hours to fix it. The whole family do not have the privacy and not able to get proper rest. After feedback to Front Office Manager, she promised to leave her name card for our follow up, but she did not and also did not inform any of the front office staff.

The location and facilities were good for our kids. We wouldn’t have stayed otherwise.
    • Family Room with Hill View

Generally run down and grimy: the lifts had carpet on the walls which was literally brown with filth. Sheets on our beds were old and worn into holes. A mirror was hung at a wonky angle in our room. The bathroom had mould and broken parts. Elsewhere in the hotel, lots of renovations were in progress, so there were lots of smelly paints and chemicals everywhere, as well as bags of building materials and piles of wood in the lobby.

Close to the beach. Good facilities for kids.

During the checkout the no Porter were available and I had to carry the luggage by myself to the car

The check in and check out was fast, the breakfast was good and the staff were polite and helpful

The water activities was so fun ;
    • Superior Twin Room

The room and furniture was so old , and there was ants .

The water activities was so fun ; and the swimming pool is so nice and good and there is a playground for the kids .

It was relaxing. We were able to catch beautiful sunset from our room.
    • Superior Twin Room

I wished there was an ice vending machine on each floor.

The beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was centrally located.

Best value for money on island. Staff super friendly. Large open areas inside and outside. areas
    • Superior Twin Room

Large spacious rooms. Bedding was good until finally night. Do not why but felt like something biting us. Bar tender is magnificent . Restraint manager is super.

Bad

Not worth for wat i paid.. cost me about rm400 per day.. but nothing is so special there. Wasting of money.. if added rm100 i can stay at hard rock.. disapointed. Wasting of money.. it same as budget hotel. Atleast if i stay in budget hotel means i can save my money..

Family friendly resort, awesome party pool
    • Family Room with Hill View

Carpet and furnitures needs renovations

Specious rooms and suites, Varity of swimming pools including the pool party for kids and the meditation pool, Sea activities in the front beach,

Unsatisfied.

FOM lied about the new wing/floors not being sold but it was to other guests. The room rate was calculated wrongly by approximately an extra 3,000 MYR for an additional night. Placed at 6 floor by Jackie FOM however other staff did tell they were not supposed to sell 6th floor due to construction. Construction ongoing at 11 pm. 603 no internet and aircon. 903 leaking pipe and no phone line. Public area is dirty. Beach is dirty. Water sports too expensive. Variety of buffet breakfast was disappointing. Local fav dishes were not up to par Whole building requires maintenance Spa team who took promotion call queries was very rude and sounded annoyed with guest

F&B staff at La Veranda. Location.

Food is good ! Room is spacious ☺

1) the wifi isnt connected during the night i stayed . I tried many times till i gave up . It can only be connected in the morning .

The food is delicious !

Excellent staff,rooms and environments but they must pay attention to improve the Beach

The worst thing was their Beach area,as we have seen in media/photographs the water is absolutely green whereas the water is dirty. More over if tourists reaches at a Beach and sees a notice board right there “”PLEASE SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK DUE TO JILLY FISH “”.You could have made certain arrangements for improvement of the Beach rather than warning Tourists who is already at Risk away from their country/houses

Beautiful location,clam and clean environments specially swimming pools at backyard.Respectful service staff

My children enjoy the pool so much
    • Family Suite with Partial Sea View

The carpet floor in the room is quite dusty. Kindly use vacuum cleaner instead of sweeping with broom. The check in process took nearly one hour

My children enjoy the pool so much

one word wonderful.
    • Family Room with Hill View

Morning breakfast very limited, need to improve.

1.Very clean swimming pool - child and adult to enjoy 2. food and drinks at the resort - Excellent 3. Very nice location.

Great Stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Nice place for relaxation. Near beach and have great swimming pool. Can do other activities such as riding horse and water sport. The receptionist also very friendly.

Old is gold

There's nothing in general that I didn't like except that this hotel sits at the bottom if I were to rank it with the rest with other similar hotels along the same stretch of road. It has to do with the hotel being old, like a non-functioning door bell, or the damp and moldy ceiling in the 2nd floor corridor near the elevator, or the unpainted children pool area located on the far right of the hotel. Or the kerb at the front entrance which is disable unfriendly (because one would need to lift up the wheelchair to access the hotel from the road).

Despite the hotel being old, the management did try within the best of their ability to make the hotel hospitable. During my stay, I did not have sufficient interaction with the hotel staffs, so, I can't really comment on that. Anyway, I would say that I get the best value for my money, their rates for the seven rooms that I booked during the festive season and school break is quite cheap. So, I'm not complaining.

i love my stay.

parking part is a bit tough, but i understand since it is Raya season and the drop off area still close though :)

i love my stay. smooth check in, staffs are friendly, fast service (since i ask for extra bed in my room). i also would like to thank you guys for giving me the closest room to the lift (as my request), since my mother is using cane to walk, it ease her a lot. HUGE & comfy bed. toilet's cleanliness & maintenance is very good. love the swimming pool, huge ! kids play pool definitely great, my niece have a great fun :) breakfast is great, huge area so it dont get too cramped. the croissant & pancake are so yummy ! check out is fast & smooth too (despite a long lines to queue though). definitely will comeback in future :) !

Stuck in time 20 yrs back
    • Family Suite with Partial Sea View

Nothing great to remember about this hotel. I reckon their clock has been stuck since 20 years back. - cobwebs at reception. - 2 hand towels for 4 guests double room family - Food is average. - pools are dirty and no one checks if guests are in proper swimming attire or not. - lifts are too conjugated - WiFi is for namesake only...half the time there is no network. You want more???

Frankly...Nothing great to remember.

We were there during Ramadan and the place was absolutely...
    • Family Suite with Partial Sea View

Taking on board that the hotel is in Penang we expected better food. The breakfast was just only average. We couldn't be bothered to try anything else.

We were there during Ramadan and the place was absolutely empty, what I consider as a big plus. The beach in front of the hotel and quite a lot to do in the resort as well make the place almost perfect :)

The cleanliness of the room was excellent.
    • Family Room with Hill View

We stayed in a family suite, we can't read in the room because the light is too dim.

The cleanliness of the room was excellent. Good location food court is just a walking distance.

I will not stay in this hotel anymore
    • Family Room with Hill View

But the washroom toiletries is not enough and small not match the room. The room is smelly, the Indian waitress is unfriendly because I have 5 person asking for joint up the table she just let us to do ourselves, I’m asking how to operate the coffee machine she just pointed me to use the other side one without saying any words. Another thing is a lot of crows, they will come to sharing your foods when you seat at the poolside.

The room is enough bed for a family

Bayview at Ferringhi
    • Family Room with Hill View

1. Smell of the room. Had a musty smell..like poor ventilation. 2. I/d and carpets need attention. But we heard that the property is doing some refurbishment. Hope to return to new rooms

front desk staff, an indian lady n a pretty malay lady were very professional n smiled all the time. Made patrons feel at ease

Hope more discount for me coz I’m thinking to join as a member for Bayview hotel

Hope u guys will change ur shower gel n shampoo the smell it’s not good n the television it’s not much channel to watch n the WiFi it’s bad I hope in the future I visit everything is fix n I will fully recommend to all my friends n family

The room is clean the service is good the garden is good fully recommended to all it’s a good price for a vacation

Spacious rooms and welcoming staff and the cleanliness
    • Family Room with Hill View

Breakfast at the cafe is expensive Not even complementary coffee at the lobby. Nor much entertainment at the lobby. Local call charges are absurd.

Spacious rooms and welcoming staff and the cleanliness

Not Value-for-Money stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Chef served my order on a food tray! Just shows you the kind of hotel it is. What a joke! Totally unprofessional & lazy chef + kitchen staff!

The 'breezy' check-in/check-out & the comfortable room/bed.

A nice stay in a nice place.

The hotel description should mention that the hotel is under renovation. Some moments were quite noisy. The elevators need serious servicing. The towels should be changed, as they are obviously quite old.

The staff is very helpful and fulfill even difficult requests. The beach view is not bad (but the trees are blocking the view a little). The rooms are comfortable and pleasant. The location is excellent, close to some famous restaurants and bars.

Excellent. Old building great location
    • Grand Deluxe Double with Sea View

Building structure could be more private from lobby. Sheets could be more new. Construction is really noisy.

The front desk staff is very professional and welcoming. Good attention

Location very good,and the rooms is alright.

Location very good,and the rooms is alright. Staff are friendly esp at the pool bar.but i don't want the view of my rooms.i rqst when i made a booking a sea view,sad! but i didn't get that view.how ever,its alright.not complaint at all!we stay 2 nights,but when 2nd day of my stay h/k clean our room,2 towels we can't use due,very smelly..i didn't call hk to change,i just use my own hand towel instead..but everything is fine,not complaint at all.i really enjoy at the swimming pool..for sure,i will come back again.

Good
    • Superior Twin Room

Everything all right by there was not internet in the room and the air con was quite noisy and not possible to switch off.

Nice swimming pool, nice staff

We have stayed here for a day to relax before our flight to...

Breakfast not included(in our booking) It would cost about 50MYR p.p. extra, which I think is quite expensive

We have stayed here for a day to relax before our flight to Borneo This is a great place to relax at the beach or the swimming pool. Friendly staff members The indian restaurant opposite of the hotel has great food.

Enjoyed the layout

Let the architect/builder use the toilet to realise that you have to part close the seat cover to flush or use the beday

Cross aunts excellent,roti with curry too ,fruit disappointing

A relaxing stay. Pity the beach / sea was not accessible due to concerns of jelly fish
    • Superior Twin Room

The ambience at the restaurant for morning breakfast and the presentation of the breakfast / food platters could be improved.

Beds were comfy and the rooms were comparatively spacious. The choice of breakfast was vast although presentation has room for improvement.

it is Ok to stay here for a short trip.
    • Family Room with Hill View

electricity supply not so good, at some time, light cannot switch on. facility in the room so old. need to make replacement on the cupboard, sink etc, hotel manager should realize about this.

The swimming pool guard has not allowed muslim women to swim...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The swimming pool guard has not allowed muslim women to swim without swimming suited..... we are muslim we not allowed to use a swimming suite.... I saw a lot of muslim ladies can't swim with the child

Good value for money
    • Family Room with Hill View

Our room was a bit dirty (i.e. carpet) as well as the main pool area.

Our room (family room) was really large and great for a family of 4. Location wise the place is great, you can walk to the night markets depending on the age of your kids, we took a taxi which only cost us $1-$2 each way. The pool area is amazing and there is also a great kids pool area/slides etc. Breakfast is excellent.

A pleasant stay
    • Family Room with Hill View

The breakfast was very poor quality and the restaurant was deserted in the evening. Daytime food choices were very limited

A nice pool area with a kids splash area, our 9&6 year olds enjoyed it very much. Good prices on drinks and a poolside service.

Comfortable and nice view of sunset by the beach.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Slow registration..had to wait while the staff sort out my other room. Supposed room to be upgraded but it was not so.

The beach and the landscape behind the hotel

Overall its a ok resort but i dont think is family friendly
    • Superior Twin Room

The swimming pool for children and adult. Too many local children and adult wear t shift and casual pants to swim which the sign said not allow. There is an indian guard told an overseas visitor who wearing t shift not to go close to the children pool who only standing there watching the kids playing water on 27/4 around 6.30 pm in a very loud voice. I told him need to be fair to everyone if u not allow her to go in so do others but this indian guard said to me 'he only got two eye can not see too much'. However, those local people in the pool playing water without wearing proper swiming suite just right infront of him he didnt tell them not to go in there. I think its really unfair for this oversea visitor. I was very disappointed with his respond.

Close to the beach

Rooms spacious facing the sea, there's bathub and also...
    • Superior Twin Room

smelly sheet, the car park is open air which means with Malaysia weather, it will be hot

Rooms spacious facing the sea, there's bathub and also shower separately, cable tv channel

I like the view when im sitting at balcony.

A bit smelly when we open the aircond..other else nothing..😊

I like the view when im sitting at balcony..i will come back to u and promote this resort to my family and friends..

Slightly dated resort, but good facilities, friendly staff,...

There was serious construction work happening which meant it was impossible to spend any time in the room throughout the day.

Slightly dated resort, but good facilities, friendly staff, decent food.

I was very satisfyed there

The nite entertainement in the bar could be improved

Bayview is a old hotel but in good condition...the value for money is very good...the room got the biggest bed i ever saw...actually you can sleep with a family in this bed..pool area is nice and the location is great

Seaside
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked deluxe room with extra double bed but given two single beds. The staff is not friendly and not intended to help to look into the problem. The stay is not comfortable.

Seaside

Great value for money
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Parking space is quite limited

Great breakfast buffet, very clean & neat room. Very fast response by reception & maintenance team to fix issues with my room. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Not bad
    • Superior Twin Room

The beach was a so-so, this hotel is overpriced. The building and room design are old and dark.

I had a lot of fun at the water park for kids. The room was spacious.

Quite relaxing, and a nice location.
    • Family Room with Hill View

It's quite old, but please understand that is why you can get a great price. The management and staff do an excellent job and the resort operates very professionally.

The resorts covers all the basics in terms of facilities. All i kept thinking was, "in it's time, this must have been the bomb!"

fair

don't know what to do in hotel. lack of facility. i don't know where to rent a swimsuit due I can't swim with shirt into pool. personally, breakfast buffet was overcharged.

location is nice.

Royalty Treatment on a Budget
    • Superior Twin Room

three things to note, when we went some renovations where happening so from 10 am till 6 pm some noise could be heard, also be aware that the phone is chargeable even for local calls, finally the beach is not impressive and rarely do you see people swimming instead everyone goes to the pool

The Place has its own history and royalty ambience, since the moment you enter the spacious lobby till you check out you are treated like royalty! Food is a must try! its quite exquisite, i personally tried various items like their wild mushroom soup , Malaysian burger and baked cheese cake i loved it The view is to die for and the staff are extremely helpful.

On the whole i love my stay there and hope to visit your resort again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The whole atmosphere..most of the items are old ,from curtain , carpet and the furniture ...the sofa covers has faded n needs to be changed...i bielive if it were to undergo major facelift, the resort will be more attractive...

Love the spacious room and the super big bed..breakfast was good on our first day but it was just ok on our second day....its more to western breakfast...hopefully to see more malay kueh on our next visit....

nothing Wrong with the hotel the only thing make Me worry Is the Staff are non Frendly AT all

the Room Servise Staff not Frendly enough And very rude ask Me Go out side by food insted room Servise order due To many Of food not available especialy from the menu your Provided in the Room

Reception Staff approaching me with manner but forget To ask Me what view i like ... Ofcourse i do like SEA view End of the conversation i paying RM 60 per night

Bargain basement with poor to non existent wifi.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi is absolutely diabolical and in this day and age when everything is done online it is an essential. Would not stay again if wifi not improved

Just off the main market route

Worth it!

- The check in process was quite slow though there's about 5 staffs

- The staffs are friendly - The swimming pool is huge and equipped with kids pool - The coffee house is huge and can accommodate large crowd at one time - The family room is huge - There's couple of local restaurants nearby where you can enjoy your meal - The hotel is next to Hard Rock hotel :)

We stayed here once a long time ago and again this time and had a great stay both times.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

Our room was partially facing the road and we could hear motorcycles and cars racing after midnight on Saturday.

The room and bed were very comfy. The hotel was very clean and well designed. The view was very nice and we got to see a very pleasant sunset scene. The food in and around the hotel was very delicious

Throughly enjoyed our holiday again, second time we have been, hope to come back next year.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

That there was no one to supervise the pool area, I.e. children with floating toys in the decossie, also small children in the big pool, unaccompanied! Totally unnecessary as there is a lovely children’s play pool area with lots of toys etc: plus a baby pool as well.

All staff very friendly and efficient. Loved the garden area around the pool. Plenty of sun beds and not too close together. Good selection of choices for breakfast.

It was a lovely family holiday.
    • Superior Twin Room

Disappointing that we could not go to the beach. It is quite steep to the water and older people cant take that risk. I had actually taken my aged mom because she wanted to go to the beach.

The gardens and pool are were really nice. The restaurant across the street.

Very comfortable and nice except for the commuting to the city and back.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There were no sports channels on T.V.. No shuttle service to town and the furniture in the room needs to be improved.

The breakfast was extensive and tasty. The rooms were nice and large. The bathrooms were alsory good

An enjoyable stay in a value-for-money resort.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

Lighting in bedroom was not bright enough to read in bed.

The resort is located right on the beach, with lovely sea views from my room. Plenty of local restaurants nearby.

Too expensive given the construction noise
    • Superior Twin Room

Too noisy. There was no mention of the construction and renovation being undertaken. I would have stayed elsewhere had I known. The non-ocean side of the hotel faces the street and the sliding doors do not reduce the noise: so street noise plus construction!

awesome stay with family at bayview beach resort..thumbs up for you.

many choices of breakfast available for family. the pool also have variety for adult and children. the room also big enough for the whole family whose travelling with kids.

I would like to stay more because of the pool and beaches 👌🏼
    • Superior Twin Room

The receiptionist from afternoon shift is very rude, the maintenance man is not useful AT ALL. The playland for kids is chargecable, i’ve once stayed at the ParkRoyal the facilities all we can use for free as a guest. I don’t see any like 5-star Hotel staff for reception and maintenance.

The pool and the beach is amazing. The pool bar guy, they’re cool.

Disaster
    • Grand Deluxe Double with Sea View

Everything. Bottom sheet and pillow cases and pillow were disgusting. I didn’t bare to check the matresses fully but I could see from the edges how badly stained they were. Half the toilet seat was missing and no electricity. Host was uncontactable after saying they would meet us there to take payment. No blanket, just a dirty stained throw. Bits of food and hair all over the floor. Wanted signs in lobby from theifs that have stolen things from apartments and signs from management to state that window panes have fallen from their frames onto balconies below. Had to abandon property just before sunset with two small children due to no electricity and had to find alternative accommodation.

Nothing. It wasn’t suitable to sleep in. No host showed up after many calls. No electricity. Apartment was dirty, dangerous and nothing like photos.

Very relaxing
    • Superior Twin Room

I would upgrade concrete entrance but only from the first impression point of view and to get more business. Bituminise over existing car park etc if it where possible

All very good

Great , definitely will choose Bayview again!

Not at all

The room was very clean ... esp bedsheets! And unforgettable massage at the seaside garden,that’s definitely a great service for us on the holiday!!

When our first room was unsatisfactory, the desk clerk...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

The first room was musty with a wet spot on the floor and the A/C didn't seem to work. Second room was fine.

When our first room was unsatisfactory, the desk clerk immediately found us a better room.

My fav spot everytime
    • Family Room with Hill View

The parking... Always! Needed an upgrade. More space please.

The location is always my point of stay everytime i visit penang. Absolutely loving the family suite.

Convenient near night market.
    • Family Suite with Partial Sea View

Safe was broken n had to request maintenance to fix. It was done almost immediately which was good. The light above tv was out.

Convenient near night market. Pool was great for kids n adults. Family Room was huge n comfy

Sufficiently good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

Shower head. It's old and clogged. So the water comes out with high pressure - not like smooth raining like.

The location is near to the beach. Lots of activities offered - with charge.

highly recommended hotel and very suitable for family. pool play is my kids' favourite.
    • Grand Deluxe Double with Sea View

The lighting could be more brighter, more space for parking lot and easy to access the hotel entrance from parking lot.

Great view from my balcony-room 309. Friendly staff, awesome playpool for my children, very condusive room with extra comfort bed.

The hotel is right next to the beach where you can just walk...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

The hotel is right next to the beach where you can just walk to through the hotel's leisure area. Swimming pool and gym equipment is well maintained. The bed is big, can easily fit 3 person. Overall, it was a good trip with my family.

Nice swimming pool & spacious room!

Bellman service is blind. Never offer assistance. Just standing talking with co-worker's while watching guests carrying their bags! First impression of the hotel is the arrival experience and please get it right!!

Hotel maintenance is good! Even tough the hotel more than 25 years. Keep it up! Great swimming pool too!

Overall 7.5 will go back again looking forward for the upgrade room.

The hotel need to upgrade the design and furniture is old.

The hotel allows us to check in early at 12noon Spacious room with superb big bed and like the balcony.

Too costly with additional taxes....and no breakfast provided
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

The fees is different with the one confirmed during booking. Additionally taxes included in the bill although booking.com didn't inform about this.

Swimming pools for children

Rooms dated and NO Wifi
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Hill View

Booked only for an overnight stay x 4 rooms & specifically choose the venue because its rated 4 stars with wifi in rooms. We check in late just to rest before continuing our travels and check out early next day. Upon checking in were informed rooms doesn't guarantee wifi ( a hit or miss pending on reception) because there is renovation on the 10th floor. Wifi only at lobby area. Next TV channels (free air & in-house) had poor reception. Room & bathroom were spacious but very dated and below par maintenance. Other facilities can't comment since we didnt use any. Utter disappointment.

pool area are very nice and interesting
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

air conditioner in the room will take a long time to be cool..balcony lights and dressing table are not function..some of towel smelly..

pool area are very nice and interesting