2. Malaysia hotel reviews
  3. Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory hotel reviews
  4. Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Cititel Mid Valley

Reviews of Cititel Mid Valley This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#199 of 550 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Excellent functionally and location but poor breakfast quality.
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast could be better with spread and taste quality. The nasi lemak was below par.

Clean pleasant room. Hotel has been nicely renovated since my last stay few years ago. Much better looking and functional lobby.

A nice and clean hotel

The room is very clean unfortunately, it is quite small.

What I really like is the location and its staff especially the concierge guys. They really look after you. Thumbs up!

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

maintenance worker came quickly to overcome those problems.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was too small and quite dusty. Lighting not function,faulty dispenser and small shower room.

maintenance worker came quickly to overcome those problems.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Great location but rooms need upgrading.

Bathroom too small. Leaky toilet. Closer space too small. Not enough hanger.Overall room in getting old,need renovation.

Excellent location. Excellent service from staff. Pleasant experience with staff in Cititel cafe where we had breakfast every morning. Excellent nasi lemak !

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Close to mid valley

Smelly. The house keeping should ensure the cleaniness especially the toilet . Toilet smell greet us once enter the room and smoking smell everywhere especially the toilet.

Close to mid valley

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Location near to shopping mall

Rooms were a bit old styled & lacked some basic facilities such as in toilets electrical point for shaving & ironing on call basis.

Location near to shopping mall

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

PLEASANT EXPERIENCE.
    • Superior Twin Room

EVERYTHING WAS GOOD, I WAS THERE FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY. CONCIERGE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT, VERY HELPFUL WITH UBER ESPECIALLY YOUR STAFF MEMBER "KAMAL". FEMALE SOLO TRAVELER THANKS BELL HOPS, CHECK-IN/OUT STAFF ALSO.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Great for people who looking forward for shopping as it located just above a shopping mall.

The breakfast buffet have lots of choice but most of the food taste so bland. Even for the scramble eggs taste weird.

They have connecting rooms for the family and it was great to have a connecting rooms. The toilet is clean, I love the bum gun for washing after. The location is great.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Good comfortable central city hotel

Busy lobby and lifts.

Excellent location with easy access to the train station and the mall next door. Check in was a breeze and staff welcoming. This property keeps me coming back whenever I am back in KL.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

strategic location
    • Superior Twin Room

the room is small, not so comfort

strategic location especially for those going to shop at midvalley and the garden, free parking for those who drive and there are a lot of tv channels

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Nice hotel, nearby Mid Valley mall BUT staff NOT friendly or courteous.

1-Staff NOT friendly. 2 - Staff don't know how to handle simple questions. 3- Staff always rushing to get things done. 4- Staff NOT courteous.

Nearby Mid Valley mall and easy for shopping.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Good Job, Never Forget CitiTel Mid Valley
    • Superior Twin Room

Believe, the Bed Sheet and Pillow Cover, did not change during my four Night stay. Should daily change those Bed Sheet and Pillow cover, due to hygiene issue ... Further, discover my skin felt itch ...Hopefully it is not bed bug ...?

Convenient to Travel to other area, via KTM and LRT accessible to other shopping mall...and interesting place...

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Value for money.

The track noise from railway lines below, too loud. Traffic control at hotel drop off can be better managed, too much congestion.

Convenient location to shops and eateries. Transportation by cab easily available.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Hard to beat !
    • Deluxe Double

I have used this hotel since 2007. The smaller rooms are small !

Much improved over the years. The quality of in room food as well as breakfast. Hot water on hand shower at 4.45 am was a blessing. Cleaning staff of room excellent.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

nice place to stay and relax
    • Deluxe Double

I like this hotel because nearest with my meeting location. all staff very nice and i've enjoyed shopping after i came back from my stressful meeting.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

The hotel don't have enough parking lot for the guest.

The hotel don't have enough parking lot for the guest. I stayed 1 night. I went out and come back end up no parking lot available as it's full. I had to park in valet parking which cost me RM 23. They suggest me to park in Midvalley mall just walk back but I just don't want to get lost, so I parked and pay in valet parking. I believe if the guest stay in particular hotel, parking lot should be available for hotel like CITITEL. This will might make me think twice to book this hotel again in future.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

This hotel is convenient at average price with free parking.

The traffic within the vicinity is extremely bad, difficult to find the car park entry. Also no clear direction when exit from the car park. As a result, we drive to the 'entry' path. TV channels is limited. May be it's an old model of the TV, the resolution is not very clear.

It's super super convenient if you want to eat & shop. The staff is quick in fixing the bathroom light. Free car park

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Good place to consider for staying and shopping.

Attitude of the bell boys could be better. Understanding customers requirements instead of rushing on things.

Great place to stay for shopping. I stayed there few times already.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

GREAT location. VALUE for money
    • Superior Twin Room

1.Parking for hotel guest too limited. 2 . Room has cigrattes smells on a non smoking floor. Staff did offer air freshener but do you think it helps? My nose got very allergy to this. 3. Buffet breakfast can have more variety and less repeatative.

Super convenient location, near to MV and ktm station.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2018

The staff were really helpful.
    • Superior Twin Room

I was assigned to a really old room. Some parts of the wall had mould. But the staff were really nice, they changed me into a good room straight away. No complains about it. I will still book this hotel next time.

The staff were really helpful. They changed my room with no extra cost.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2018

I was made to wait for 1.30 hours for my room even I booked way before my arrival.

Front office / check in staff . Can be misconstrued as unhelpful. Don’t even bother to inform me that my room was ready after I was made to wait for 1.30 hours . After checking in , only I received a sms to say I can proceed to collect my room key ! Reservation was made way before my arrival !

Housekeeping staff, concierge and coffee house staff were very friendly and helpful .

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Location, car park lot provided and connecting room for...
    • Superior Twin Room

The shower soap dispenser was not working for 2 days. In one of the 2 rooms. Ceiling fans give a squeaking noise.

Location, car park lot provided and connecting room for family. Great view though it is only on the 8th floor

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Cititel is always my choice when I go Midvalley even though room are bit small.
    • Superior Twin Room

Water didnt flow out properly in the shower room. I think its because of the flooring. You need to fix this otherwise guest will always have a flooded floor.

the bed and pillows was comfortable to sleep in after one whole day of shopping

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Location is amazing, it’s just nearby the city and transport...
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was very very small but then again, you get what you pay!

Location is amazing, it’s just nearby the city and transport is easily accessible, located directly at a huge shopping mall.

Excellant

The choice for breakfast is excellent. Coffee drinks to my expectation. Clean atmosphere. The outdoor area is a bonus, getting some air and view which is not that bad. The waiters did their parts with dedication. Wouldn't mind to come back in the future with my family. Keep up with good service. Cheers

Perfect place to stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Room is quite small .even though is small but still comfortable to stay. Add up more amnesties in the toilet.

Environment,fnb the interior design of the hotel is very nice. Staff is very friendly and professional.keep up the good work

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

i really enjoyy staying at CITITEL MIDVALLEY... Tq

When pick hour, there will be problem with the parking. need to add up more parking for the customers.

strategic place.... easy for shopping all staffs very friendly. give good cooperation when we need help

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

It was a enjoyable stay and I look further to stay there

The room was too small..When I booked online and I put 4 adults it would ask me to book two rooms

The staff was nice..I had problem with my room WiFi so I called the reception and they came up to help

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Easy to get food
    • Deluxe Double

Room was not clean when check in. Found one sock lying on the floor. Crack tile in the bathroom and water leaking out from the WC causing the floor to be wet and slippery. My gal had two bad fall due to this. Hope the management relook into the facility.

Easy to get food

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Very well-managed hotel and conveniently located in Midvalley.
    • Superior Twin Room

My all-time favourite hotel in KL. So conveniently located in a mall. Breakfast is also good. One of the very few hotels which still includes daily newspaper.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Booking.
    • Superior Twin Room

Booking.com offered the room with breakfast included and during the check in hotel me the breakfast waa not included in the room. The hotel did not accomodate even thought i paid above market rate SGD 89 per night . Totally unacceptable

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Value for money, will definitely consider staying again :)

The noise-proofing was not that good, could hear people shuffling outside, and the showers running next door etc but was not too bad or unbearable.

Excellent location with Midvalley and Gardens mall just downstairs. Room was of a decent size and very well-kept. Clean environment and value for money.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

food there was below expectation. next time i would just book the room with no breakfast
    • Deluxe Double

Breakfast choice is not up to my expection. First morning the food was cold. No heater underneath the buffet trays. Second morning was much better. BBQ buffet dinner was disappointing. The food was cold except for mushroom soup. Bbq items were so bland and no spices. They were cold too. Fish was undercooked. Beef was too tough

Room is very spacious and housekeeping is good.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

I met with an unfortunate event during my first night's...

NIL

I met with an unfortunate event during my first night's stay (22/11/18). I was woken up by a massive water leak from the ceiling. To make matter worst, the table top I was charging my phone was completely wet! Ms Sophia was very professional when she arrived into my room promptly, at 6.55am, to assist me with dealing with the situation as well as re-locating into another room. I would also like to recommend (highly) Mr Ricky for all the assistance he has rendered to me; besides assisting me volunteering for the insurance claims for my damaged phone, he had foreseen that I will not be able to complete my tasks (including hunting for professional help to retrieve the valuable data from my damaged phone) on time and proactively extended my checkout to 6pm (I ended up staying another night as I do not like being rushed). These proactive actions are what customers expect. Keep up the good work!

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Great hotel, good location, clean & comfortable but a bit old
    • Superior Twin Room

Room need major renovation, old carpet, TV, fridge. Lack of facilities

Great location, convenience, next to mall, comfy bed. Friendly & helpful front desk staff.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

I am frequent guess at here, still reception counter is the...

Everything is fine

I am frequent guess at here, still reception counter is the best! They always welcome me with smile and always have warm chat. Tq everyone!

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Best Luxury hotel with perfect location

As I said this is one of the best Luxury hotel with perfect location. Link with midvally mega mall and gardens shopping. Housing staff very helpful. Also they have 24 hour open kitchen. So any time you can order food. Also food is Super nice. Only issue they don’t have swimming pool or Spa facilities. But I can give 9.5/10. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

the guest service was great.
    • Superior Twin Room

the guest service was great. the housekeeping was able to accommodate to my special requests and left a friendly welcoming note as well. best part is that, it makes me feel at home. the concierge was friendly and helpful. they assist without being asked to and tried their utmost best to assist

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Would stay there again

Two strands of human hair in the bathroom

The extended check-out at 2PM and the Express Check-out. Generous toiletries. Comfy mattress. Quiet room, sound proof windows

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Budget option for the area.
    • Superior Twin Room

I would prefer to have more power sockets. Stayed in a twin room with a colleague, and we needed to take turn using the power socket to charge our stuff.

Budget option for the area. The place has all the basic amenities required for a quick business trip.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

The hotel staff was kind and friendly and the bed room was...
    • Superior Twin Room

The bathroom was not comfortable. The shower room was small, no space to put personal care goods like shampoos and gels and the complementary gel quality was not good.

The hotel staff was kind and friendly and the bed room was normal.

Comfortable Stay

Not something too bad, but something I'd normally care about. The hairdryer in the room was one of those small ones with 1000w. So if you have long hair like mine, you might want to bring along your own hairdryer. Luckily I brought my own since I drove.

The location is good for my business trip. There's a complimentary car park for hotel guests too - first come first serve basis. So, I just needed to walk to the nearby offices and did not need to suffer the congested traffic around that area. The hotel is connected to Mid Valley so there's various options of eateries and shops. Plus, the price of the hotel room was reasonable. I had a room with nice city view and I liked it. It wasn't a modern room, yet it was tidy. I enjoyed the breakfast too. All staffs appeared to be very friendly and polite in general.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Good and near by the stations .

The facility is little old but still okey . If you are picky person you may feel that facility is too old and there is the musty smell in the room when you walked in .

Good and near by the stations .

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Very enjoyable, will come again, perhaps to book family room
    • Superior Twin Room

To allow those catching the early flight to take away their breakfast along. The distance to airport is very far. Airasia travellers cannot check-in at KL Sentral.

The location is ideal for shopping. Would have preferred to have more choices for strict vegetarians. would have preferred the single beds to be separated. Would have preferred the hot water, it is not hot.

5.6
    Not worth for the amount charged.

Not worth for the amount charged. The condition of the walls at the entrance was in bad condition. Maybe it needs repainting. There is no basic toiletries such as shampoo & conditioner provided. The staffs and services was fine. Pls look into the walls at the entrance especially towards Midvalley. Good day!

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Overall good stay
    • Superior Twin Room

The fact that it did not have swimming pool n the toilet is a bit small

Shopping convenience as it is connected to midvalley megamall n breakfast buffet is great

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Leisure and Shopping Convenience
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was a bit smaller than I expected

The location of the hotel is excellent as it is attached to the Mid Valley Megamall. Very convenient for eating out, shopping and walk around sight seeing.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Affordable pricing and convenience location.

The room is a little too small. If you driving, then do note that the traffic around Midvalley is bad during peak hours.

Easy to access location. Great shopping and dining near the hotel.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

I really had pleasant stay and would surely come back again for the good service!

NIL

I had an easy check in upon arrival at the reception. I would also like to thank Mdm Madiah, who did an excellent job in ensuring the cleanliness of my room everyday after the make up room service. Overall, I love the service given by Mdm Madiah, as the housekeeper throughout my whole 5 nights-stay. I would love to stay in the hotel at the same level (level 27) when I come back to Kuala Lumpur to check in again.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

I like american breakfast and nasi lemak sambal.

I like american breakfast and nasi lemak sambal. GOOD Time to take a breakfast until 10.30am. Time is flexible to take a breakfast. Also section breads its so good and clean.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

convenient for a stop

toilet was a bit of a hassle; hose pipe a bit short and no drainage from toilet floor to shower or out, smallish tv size and no cartoon channel for my child

loved the fresh baked croissants for breakfast, the location next to a shopping mall, the very efficient and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Have been staying at Cititel for years and the experience gets better and better. Keep it up!

nothing specific...few more veg options in Buffet Breakfast would be appreciated.

Specific requests made were taken care of. Staff is courteous and beds are really comfortable. few more options on TV channels would be a great value addition.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Great views, great location

Rooms a tiny bit small but saying that, really good enough for me travelling on my own.

The location next to the shopping mall was fantastic. The breakfast was good. Awesome views. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The price was great!

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Friendly staff with good location and facility
    • Superior Twin Room

Parking. Had to wait for 30 minutes to park. Its better to take Grab instead.

Location! Its basically beside Midvalley, what more can I ask? Parking was a bit hard if you’re driving because you need to wait for availability. Staff were all helpful and very friendly. Honestly, it was the staff that made it feel like a 4 star hotel instead of the facility. Bed was good, room was good. Food (breakfast) was great with affordable price and variety of menu. Definitely coming here again

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

The hotel staff very good especially the house keeping.
    • Superior Twin Room

The valet staff(i think it sub con) very rude. When i my car arrive they will chase the car away even that was pickup point. That time i was with my family with small children....and of coz it will take time. The management should monitor this problem coz it will impacts your bisnes and i heard this problem before i check in by my friends.

The hotel staff very good especially the house keeping. Good job!!!

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

1. We could go to shops directly when we go down the hotel

The room is quite small and the carpet feel dusty

1. We could go to shops directly when we go down the hotel 2. The foods for breakfast are excellent with good taste and more than enough

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

The WIFI is much better than my last visit on April.

The facilities seems very old and dusty like TV, carpet, curtains & etc. The floor light look very dim, need to bright up.

The WIFI is much better than my last visit on April.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

The bed is comfortable and it is located next to a shopping...

The bathroom is very small. My room was missing face towels and it seemed like the room was not properly cleaned.

The bed is comfortable and it is located next to a shopping mall.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

breakfast disappointing for the price based on KL standards.

breakfast disappointing for the price based on KL standards. Quality of items that make up a western american breakfast style is poor. The nasi lemak rice, the quality of the chicken curry were also disappointing. Kitchen or person in charge of kitchen needs an overhaul.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Satisfied and wonderful stay!

As the rooms are small, the shower area was a challenge. Its quite small and tight in the shower area. Aircon was blasting quite cold even after I up the thermostat and smaller the fan. But on the overall, the room was still a pleasant experience.

The location was good and has direct link to the shopping mall. Mid Valley mall is a very big shopping mall and its very close to the mall. Rooms were a little small but very clean and cosy. Staffs and concierge services were very prompt and helpful. Greatly enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Definitely the location, walking distance to malls.

Nothing much but the price isn’t competitive of its location, and the facilities especially tv and kettle should be improved to match with the price offered at its range.

Definitely the location, walking distance to malls. The staff were so helpful in attending to request e.g. iron, change to kettle etc.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Good accommodation, great location

Room a bit old, might need renovation. Buffet breakfast choices are limited, same menu every day.

Near shopping mall, public transport and many amenities available.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Nothing memorable

Corridor to room seems run down. For this price no breakfast neither welcome drinks nor fruit basket , a big letdown!

Things left behind were quickly attended & returned. Great!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Very good

I found the central Aircon a little too cold on rainy days.

Location of the hotel is excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends😃

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

But i manage to get two from cleaner few rooms ahead.

Hmm there isn't have towel inside my room.

But i manage to get two from cleaner few rooms ahead. As he was cleaning others room there. Some more he gave me two very good service.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Great place if you want to go to the shopping mall. But for peace of mind, better of another place

1. Small parking 2. Route to hotel parking is shared with mall entrance. I have to endure 35mins of traffic just to get to hotel parking. 3. Pool of water inside my room bathroom.

1. Direct to the one of Malaysia's largest shopping mall 2. Friendly staff That's about it

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Overall location is good. The hotel need a serious uplift for old carpets and cushion.
    • Deluxe Double

House keeping and washing need thorough check. Must replace old bedsheet and pillow case to new range.

House keeping need to clean bedsheet and pillow case. These items not clean proper clean and smell.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Politeness personified

That the desk staff wanted to charge me for 1 photocopy if my passport

Helpfulness of lobby staff in the person of Zal who helped me with my grabcar order

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

We used the room to sleep only.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room is not well lit and not properly cleaned. There were black spots on the wall of the room. The tables were not wiped and there were dusts. The wall is empty, could at least hang a nice picture !Bathroom floor was dirty due to age.

The close proximity to Mid Valley Mega Shopping Centre, The Gardens and The Gardens Mall.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

great location and good value
    • Superior Twin Room

nothing really. we knew what we are paying for.

the room is clean and functional. the location is excellent specially if the trip is for leisure. all the room facilities were working well.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

A nice hotel with helpful friendly staff, any disappointments were minor.

We had to spend a week living out of suitcases because there was too little wardrobe/drawer space to unpack properly. I cannot see a solution to that as the room has too little spare space to accomodate any more storage. However, I was very disappointed at being unable to persuade the person running the egg station to make poached eggs. I asked on three consequetive mornings and each time I was told that they could not make poached eggs "Today".

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was excellent. The bed was a good size and very comfortable, and the proximity to Mid Valley Mall meant that everything we could possibly need was at hand. We will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Room view scenary nice and many option to choose since hotel...

The bathroon drainage need to improve. Water stuck at floor.

Room view scenary nice and many option to choose since hotel attach to shopping complex (mid valley)

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

I last stayed year when it was first opened and chose the...
    • Superior Twin Room

I last stayed year when it was first opened and chose the double bed which has a bigger room space.The power plugs need to be near the bedside. Toilet area need to be ugrade as well.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Decent business hotel with a very crowded lobby

The smoking room on the 25th floor I was on had stained carpets and the decor was dated. The lobby is so crowded all the time it doesn't feel like a hotel. There seemed to be too many tour groups.

The location is great because it's just off the highway so easy to get out if town. To get into town the hotel is connected to the KTM Kommuter train station by a walkway. And the hotel has a huge mall attached so shopping and dining options are many.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Overall , I love the hotel . Location is good and staff are helpful and friendly .

Sitting arrangement

Buffet breakfast was a good spread . Staff were excellent and hardworking. Even tho they were busy smiles never leave their faces. Considerate Chef who actually gonout of his way to please guests .

We Price Match