Reviews of Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur 4 stars

Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#101 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Paradise Cabana King Room

- Though there were varieties of food for the breakfast buffet but somehow most of the food were the same during my 3 days stay. On our last day, we decided to have breakfast elsewhere instead. - It is an old hotel so don't expect for the room and the bathroom to be in top notch condition. We had to change our towels twice a day as there were brown stains on the towels, even the new ones. On the first day, our bathroom floor was so wet that we had to call the cleaner. My husband gave her our old towels to change and she simply used it to wipe the toilet floor with her feet! It made me think twice to use the towels there but since we didn't bring any, we had no choice. Buying new ones wouldn't be practical as it's just adding weight to our luggage. There were even black stains in the tub and sink. Plus you can also hear the next room flushing the toilet.

- Walking distance to malls such as Avenue K, Suria KLCC & Robinson's - Separate pools for kids

• Deluxe Twin Room

Strange conditioning which I didn't manage to control and was too tired to call to reception to fix it. At some point the tube under the sink in bathroom started leaking, but hotel staff fixed it in 15 minutes; also there was always a very specific smell in corridors (may be some specific aroma to which I'm not used to) that distracted me a bit.

Room is spacious, water replacement is good; good variety of choices during breakfast, but not very big with fruits which I expected to be being in tropical country, anyway my favorite papaya and watermelon were available! Strange note on tables about penalty for every 100 gr of food left stimulated to take only what I will really would eat :)

• Deluxe Twin Room

We checked in around 21H00 and we asked the hotel if we could have a late check out and they asked us RM180 to keep the room until 20H00. We found out afterwards that the room was free until our departure at 21H30. The last two days we were woke up at 07H45 with the maintenance doing some repairs next door and some Chinese guests talking loudly in the corridor.

The hotel is well located, close to shopping malls and has an easy access to the metro station. Breakfast served is very good with a varied selection. The staff is friendly and smiling.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Everything is great. However the TV screen size is small compared to other hotels

Soundproof.. The quietness of the room! Nice city view. Next to public transport access location.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I didn't like to say so many good things about this hotel cos it may increase rates when it gets too popular.. Lol

Everything... the staffs were very welcoming.. they are nicer than those u met in 5 star hotel at..e.g.. Grand Millenium. The room is clean.. and facilities are all in good working condition.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The only MUST highlight is the bed sheet with obvious stain should not be used. A several spot of stains obviously seen the moment i want to go bed around 2am. To avoid waking up the friend, I did not call the house-keeping to change immediately. Complain made the next day with pictures shown and I hope the cleanliness could be improved.

Overall OK.

Too much noise from the roads. Too much noise from the roof floor reparation. Waiters very slow. Breakfast on Sundays ends at 10.30am but at 10.15am waiters are not bringing food. What's finished is not replaced.

Breakfast ok.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The noise made by the innovation. The hot water was colored brown (Room 638). I had to change the room the day after. When I Chekjed out they tried (unceccesfully) to charge me an extra for making me move after notecing that the water was brown ! In similar case some providers apologize and give a discount. Corus give me just a headache

• Deluxe Twin Room

The staff was not very pleasant. They made us feel like an inconvenience whenever we asked a question. This is specifically directed at the front desk and check-in area. We were supposed to get a double bed but instead they gave us a two twin beds. When we asked if they could push them together the female staff member said no and had an attitude. Fortunately the cleaner was able to help us out with this.

The facility and location was ideal for us. We were able to take advantage of the pool and sauna which we enjoyed.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I understand the hotel is still on renovation (some part of it).. a little noisy but like I said, I am ok with it.

The staffs is friendly, helpful and fast in action - doing their job. Keep up the good work. Thank you :)

• Deluxe Twin Room

The (cannot be interested) concierge staff should help to arrange/negotiate for a cheap and affordable taxi/grab for the guest rather than letting the driver quoting a very high fare. Suggestion to have a local data sim and use GRAB app to book for your transport than asking from the concierge staff.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Just location very good For the 4 star hotel I think need more clean in corridor and I think the Booking company need upgrade the level of the floor and more care about room . Thanks

• Deluxe Twin Room

No real negatives at all.

I found the location, just near Stesion KLCC made it so easy to connect with transport. It is only an 2 minute walk to Twin Towers and Suria Mall. The rooms are very comfortable and the pool is great. It is also next door to Tapak Food park where the Food Vans set up nightly.

The hotel is run down. The breakfast disappointing. I found a piece of Mango at check-in under the desk in the room. From the guest before. No problem to see it. 6 days later I finished my job and checked-out: it was still there.☹️

Location is good

• Deluxe Twin Room

Cleanliness was so-so (hair below bedsheets). Everything in the room seemed quite old.

The location is very good, with the Aeroline coach drop-off and pick-up point just in front, and near shopping malls and twin tower. Room was spacious.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The noise from the road as I was facing the road. Kept me up almost all night

The pool area, cozy, rooms cozy and clean. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Courteous

• Deluxe Twin Room

I tried making a phone call from the room but was unable to connect. I checked with the reception and was told I needed to pay a deposit if I wanted to use the phone. Nevertheless, I was still charged 40sen for 'attempting' to call out.

The location is excellent. It's just a few minutes walk to the shops in Avenue K and Suria KLCC, as well as the LRT.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast was horrible, not much taste. Wifi was very slow and could not accommodate more than one user. I was able to complete online check-in after notifying front desk and only allow one laptop to operate, and no cell phone at the time. Bed was not ok for me, giving me back ache, but my roommate was satisfied . Need to mention my back was fine when staying with relatives. Not sure if this is KL standard - hotel does not have any brochure for highlights in the City or vincinity, except a commercial tour desk with package information only. English was not always understood.

Staff was very cooperative and handled my complains promptly. Bathroom was not clean and no hot water the first day. Once I informed staff, they were taken care of. Location is good, next to Avenue K shopping center and KL Go bus stop.

service was very average. the room service order on the 1st day took over an hour and I had to go down to the restaurant and complaint.

Location is very convenient to many attractions such as Petronas towers, KLCC park, Aquarium etc.

Renovations were annoying during the day while I was trying to work - but to be fair they did warn us on the booking. They were happy to move me to another room which was quiet.

Breakfast was good - one of the better ones I've had while traveling. Location is very good, lots of good eating nearby, good restaurants in-house and handy for the Metro at KLCC.

• Executive Deluxe King Room

The room was booked as an executive room, which included free daily cocktails, refreshments and business centre access. The hotel was undergoing renovations and there was no executive rooms. Although the executive room services were not available, the executive price was still charged. The room provided was large, but not much furniture (staff did bring an extra chair) and the bathroom was mouldy and small. There was no view at all - the room looked over the car park and a building site and was noisy. There was no business centre (staff offered use of a desk in the middle of the foyer instead). There were no daily cocktails available (the staff did provide beer instead). There was no daily refreshments available. The bed in this hotel is like a rock. It was extremely uncomfortable. I think this is universal as colleagues in other rooms had the same issues. Air-conditioning in the room was extremely noisy and does not work well. The breakfast has limited variability from day-day, food of average quality. Most people would find something they like.

The staff were all friendly and willing to find some alternatives to the services that had been paid for but were unavailable. The location is handy to the convention centre - if you find the underground pedestrian tunnels below the shopping centre, you can walk the whole distance in air-conditioned comfort. Alternatively, the walk through the park is pleasant except for a lot of local building works.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Suite was old. Towels were dirty, sheets on one bed were dirty. Staff in charge of room service were not doing their jobs properly. Breakfast was terrible.

Bad hotel management system ! Will not live , the price is not very cheap , the check in service attitude at the counter is very poor !!!

When order online is a double bed , on the day to the hotel , then told no double bed ! Need separate !!!

Room, bathroom, corridor need some repainting. Old bathroom wall and floor tiles. (complete bathroom) Expensive room service. Noisy low, small fridge in the room. Air Conditioner in the room a little bit noisy...Problem in the night time, if you want a sleep.

Central location. Near the Petronas tower, Near shops, restaurants. Friendly hotel staff. Cheap hotel in the central area. Every day free 2 bottle water in the room. Cold air conditioner.

• Deluxe Twin Room

These items were not avaiable when i checked in the room. The housekeeping section did not do a good job for this room. Probably the supervisor overlooked in checking the readiness of the room at level 6. Previous stays at level 7 was very good. No hand/face towels No tooth brushes No conditoner bottle No slippers The chair has a lot of stains, should replace or put on some cover over it. Today stay was not a pleasant experience...other times were good.

The staffs hospitality

The guy dealing with arranging airport taxis was fantastic!! Due to friday night traffic and a special event taxis were as rare as the dodo. The guy then walked us all the way to the train station, helped us sort the tickets and directed us to the platform. In a very stressfull situation this was so appreciated!! He is a credit to the Hotel!

communications between staff need to improved.

The bed is comfort the room is nice clean. good. I'm very very sorry to said this the Front desk officers works screwed up.Very disappointed.

• Executive Deluxe King Room

The bath is simple but OK, breakfast was OK too, we checked in at 5:40 am instead of 2 am and even though the concierge saw our taxi arriving with luggage he just 'hide' in his small office and also the receptionist came only out after I had to call out to him for several times. That was really annoying.

We had a room on the second floor with a balcony which looked towards the greenery and the swimming pool, that was amazing. The beds are very comfortable, Pool size, sunbeds and towel supply were great. Very Close to the Twin Towers.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Need repainting the bathroom, room, hallway, etc..

Very near the Petronas towers, 2 min walk. 7/11 (small) shop just 1 min walk. Friendly, helpfull staff.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The checking in counter is too close to the band or music playing behind us checking in so can not hardly heard when check in.

Nothing really coz no changes from previous stay

The room carpets could be changed. Hairdryer in the bathroom was too old. Some features could do with some TLC

Location, cleanliness, spacious and comfortable

• Deluxe Twin Room

The facilities are a little bit of old.

The hotel has an excellent location. It is just 2 minutes walk from the Twin Towers. And there is a sub-way station on your way to the Twin Towers. You can take the sub-way to the airports with one change over. The buffet dinner is very good.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Been staying this hotel since 7 years, so far so good, front desk receptionist change staff most of the time, some friendly & helpful.

Convenience to most places as LRT just 5min walk from hotel, infron of KLCC also have FREE shuttle bus to Bukit Bintang & else way.

• Paradise Cabana King Room

1. Loud air-conditioning unit noise 2. Very congested Parking Area, with double parking / triple parking. Though the hotel provided staff to organize double parked cars, still the space was too tight for incoming/outgoing guests' cars 3. No elevator from basement parking to hotel lobby, make sure guests with heavy luggages and strollers to drop the items at front lobby porch first. 4. Lift access does not require guest card access, will be a bit of concern for security. Hotel did provide guards patrolling the hotel floors every now and then though.

1. Great location, just a short walking distance to Suria KLCC, Avenue K, KLCC LRT & even the famous Food Truck Food Place 2. Comfortable Bed & Sofa 3. Great swimming pool spot

• Deluxe Twin Room

Reception staffs are attentive, efficient and friendly. Check-in and out is relatively fast. Location of the hotel is right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur; 2-3 minutes walk to KLCC MRT station (Avenue K shopping mall) and underground tunnel to KLCC, Suria and Petronas Twin Tower. Lots of food choices nearby as well with Foodtrucks available in the evenings just beside the hotel. Great location, great people, great wifi. Stayed for a night, didn't try their breakfast or amenities so can't comment much, but overall, good !

• Deluxe Twin Room

Air-con not cool and my kids keep complaining. Room need refurbishment and with the rate i can get better hotel than Corus. Parking space is limited.

Swimming pool is ok!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast food lacking in taste. Shower only over bath and not walk in. Decor tired and cleanliness not high enough . AC very noisy

Staff very helpful and hospitable

• Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing really to complain about. Room was comfortable and air conditioning worked well.

For the money, it was a very nice, clean and comfortable downtown hotel. We chose it because we were catching the bus to Penang. Aerolines has an office in the hotel lobby. Breakfast was fine, a hawker eating place was open at night next door, and as we found out on our last day, the MRT station is in the basement of the building adjacent to the Corus. So getting around KL is relatively easy.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Probably could do a little better with topping up of condiments and toiletries.

The location was right smack in the middle, very accessible to food and TAPAK urban street dining.

Situated just next to AK MALL , KLCC , Intercontinemtal hotel at opposite side - Corus hotel is located at A VERY STRATEGIC LOCATION . The breakfast that inclusive in my room rate were pretty good and having many varieties inclusive various selctions of hot foods (both western and asian and local foods ) Its coffee also not bad . thank you !!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Hygiene bedsheets cos I was beaten by bugs, not sure comforter are washed properly and also the bath towels. Chairs are stained and also the slow in network and even dirty walls. Really must do something about it

Easy to go anywhere like KLCC and shopping areas

• Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast selection is not all that great. They need to provide more choices for vegetarian. Air-conditioning needs big improvement. Not at all comfortable

Staff were courteous

• Paradise Cabana King Room

Bathroom facilities although neat, clean and tidy but could use some refurbishing. Grouting and bath fixtures were very old and no proper air vents (was afraid the taps/faucets will come off everytime used). Carpets throughout the room and hall ways need changing, too many unidentified stains.

Affordable, clean, tidy and located conveniently to malls/late night Food Truck venue and public transport. Friendly, efficient and superb staff. Good breakfast spread however limited variety.

The bathroom was a bit outdated and didn't really match with the rest of the room or hotel, it needs a little bit of modernisation and definitely a new shower curtain. Not a negative but just so you know that the pool is divided so males and females and separated for religious reasons.

Excellent location! Right beside the Patronus Towers, subway/metro and the mall with great places to eat. The restaurants in the hotel are great too. Breakfast was fantastic, so much on offer. Staff very friendly and helpful. Tours are available too for places like the Batu caves.

• Deluxe Twin Room

the noise from the street because the windows do not isolate at all. Taxes over taxes over taxes!

the position, the staff very kind, they changed us the room three times without any comment.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The hallways and carpets need updating badly.

The staff were excellent. The lobby was amazing--set up for Chinese New Year. We had a view of the Petronus Tower.

• Deluxe Twin Room

First day breakfast we went down around 9.30am. Most of the spread was finished or finishing. Coffee cup and glasses were not replace. It was disappointing. Food was very slowly replenished.

The breakfast was delicious

• Deluxe Twin Room

The Dondang Sayang should have more seatings during peak time breakfast. Something to look at.

Just next door to food truck and Avenue K shopping centre if you want to escape the crowd at Suria KLCC.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Price have risen significantly but I suppose this just reflects the general price increases in KL.

For us the location is always the positive plus for this property. There have been some renovations that were sorely needed. Staff are generally very friendly and helpful.

• Executive Suite

The place looks kinda outdated. Feels like im in the 90's era. Even for the executive rooms.

The location of the hotel is great. Getting around and food hunting is great.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Kinda disappointed with this trip of stay in the hotel... after checked in for 6 hours the aircond in the room was not cold, the toiletries was not fully topped up, small towel not even provided. Informed the receptionist regarding problems and it took an hour for them to come and check the room and replace the toiletries. Was offered to change to another room due to aircond problem, ended up the same problems like toiletries and hand towel was not prepared, tv control was not able to use, need to walk to the tv and manually change the channels or volume due to the remote control was not functioning. It wasn’t a pleasant stay for this trip compared to the first time when I stayed in this hotel.

Everything was great.

The executive floor & services made our experience really special all staff throughout the hotel were most polite & helpfull Thank you.

• Deluxe Twin Room

More tv channels for selections.

The hotel is big but not modern. Basically the basic are met. The staff are friendly and speak good english. We arrived at 5am and were allow to check in without asking us more question.. We were very appreciative. Love the redeng andsambal tunis, very delicious (sedap) and the pillows are just right that both nights we slept through soundly. The location is great.very nearto klcc lrt station, klcc.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel are rundown, musty,I will not come back or recommended my friends or colleagues to stay here...

The location have no complain with street food stall next to it at night, KLCC just 200m away.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The pillow is a bit hard. No face towel provided. Just that..

I like the location of this hotel, smooth check in, & facilities is good. They even provide cookies as one of the complimentary service.

The hotel did not have lift from parking to the lobby area. Make it hard to the staff to lift personal belonging to the lobby

The staff are really helpful and friendly.

Everything was good may be the breakfast could have been varied daily

Very good location staff was very helpful as the booking I did was for 3 adults and booking .com had booked me in an executive suit and I had to pay for the extra bed and breakfast fortunately hotel identified me as a regular customer and upgraded me to a suit without an extra charge There fore pls clarify how I could book a room for 3 adults in the future

Old style very smelly and less facilities compared to other hotels price is also high can get more better hotel then this.

Close to klcc suria and good breakfast

• Executive Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast was not well handled due to hotel being fully booked and the staff did not know how to handle. People was queued up waiting free tables and no quick arrangement done.

Very good location for New year and to be near to Petronas twin towers.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The furniture and carpets are old. Need renovation. The air con was very nosy. The staff came to fix it, but it helped only for 10 min. Then the noise started again.

Always staying in this hotel. This was my 5 th time. The great location. Walking distance to all shopping malls and restaurants

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room has seen better days. Lots of wear and tear, stains and what-nots. TV Remote did not work so didn't bother with the TV. Breakfast wasn't very nice. Not much variety and food is of the the same type the next day.

Hotel is in a good location as it is within walking distance to the public transport system and KLCC. TAPAK is just next door, so that gave us another dining option in the evenings. Housekeeping staff were very friendly, unlike their colleagues at the reception (at least the ones that checked us in). The front office staff (a different group) the next day were much more pleasant.

• Deluxe Twin Room

No tea available free of charge for breakfast, which is a little strange.

The location is excellent for exhibitors of fairs taking place in KL Convention centre. The staff is very helpful. And the overall service provided very good.

Swimming pool too small for adult. Staff should be more helpful when check in. Staff not willing to offer help doing her own thing. Staff name Ms Tharwar . Not helpful at all.

Breakfast is good. Location is good

• Deluxe Twin Room

The location is perfect. A short walk to the shopping malls, LRT and the Petronas Tower. The room is spacious and the bed very comfortable. The pool and spa area is very nice.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Poor router system that will disconnect users if too many guests were to tap in on it. was only able to do my work during wee hours. housekeeping doesn’t have a strict cleaning schedule & proficiency on replenish required items.

The pillows on the bed were hard. The furniture and carpets were dirty and dated. Bathroom had stains and in need of an upgrade.

The location of the hotel

• Executive Deluxe Twin Room

the breakfast should have more variety and menu should change everyday.. the cafe staff seem like shortage of manpower coz the clearing process was slow. for room service i asked for floor mat but it seems like no one sent me the floormat till i check out.

That only one staff who frowned at me in the toilet when she passed by.

Our supposed check in time is at 2PM, but when we requested for early check in, the receptionist allowed us to have our room earlier than 2PM. The food is excellent. Good facilities. Accommodating staff. We will book here again when we come back. Thanks Corus!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Food was cold, asked to pay to enter bar on New Year's Eve despite being told as guests we didn't have to do so. Having researched other hotels in vicinity we could easily have had a more modern hotel at a better price. Having been to this hotel every year for approximately 10 years was disappointed in how it has aged.

Location to Petronas towers excellent.

Money First Service Last is the one word description best to describe the property. Breakfast spread is monotonous and pathetic. Choices are not up to the mark. Eggs to order even Boiled Egg will take huge time. In room menu is too short and really have no choice to order. Only 07 (Seven) or 08 (Eight) choices are there still most of the times few of them are not available. Front Office overcharged for telephone bills and did not really help to sort it out.

Location is fantastic. Comfortable Rooms. The view of the Twin Towers can be enjoyed from the Room.

The rooms was not comfortable, the breakfast is not having much varieties.

The location of the hotel what makes this hotel good as its nearby KLCC, china town, twins tower and a lot of malls and restaurants.

Breakfast. Bun fight for tables. No assistance from Staff. Not good quality

Location excellent for train travel and walking distance to the Pretonas towers

• Executive Deluxe King Room

- old building, rooms, designs, colors. - not a very clean place but it could still pass. - staffs are not exactly helpful ( clueless)

- Spacious room. - Easy access to KLCC n nearby attraction - Easy parking (free)

Outdated furniture Bad bathroom with smell Bad Smell in corridor Breakfast is below bar Small rooms with smell Wardrobe with a smell

Location only

• Deluxe Twin Room

There's a strong pungent smell when I enter the hotel lobby each day. Would be great if the hotel can put some form of aromatherapy or nice fragrance to lift up the indoor scent.

Great place. Just walking distance to KLCC. At night, the food truck area just beside the hotel.

Browse Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery