Reviews of Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur 5 stars

13 Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#14 of 78 hotels in Petaling Jaya

The room was bigger than expected.
    • Executive Deluxe Room

The bed and breakfast could have been better though.

The room was bigger than expected. V clean. Enjoyed our stay in the room as it was cozy and comfy.

It’s very well planned and perfectly set in a business...

Only some guest who were very noisy but the staff were ready to move me to another room in an instant.. thank you

It’s very well planned and perfectly set in a business centre without all the hassle

Environment is good but food need improvement.

Taste of food need improvement. Some are too salty & majority are too plain and I found not tasty even there's variety of choice. Pillows are smelly. Please take care.

Efficiency of reception on check-in & check-out. Fast respond from housekeeping. Friendly front office staffs.

Staffs are friendly and polite.

My room is old and airconds are not working as per expected. The walls are too thin till i can hear people few doors away chit-chatting..and kids running around as early as 6am!

Staffs are friendly and polite.

Last time....

Toilet is old Very poor quality toiletries TV is small Lights in room dim (had to call them to replace flickering lamp in my room)

Front desk staff (Cherry)

Wonderful

The air conditioning could've been better? I felt that it was kinda hot during my stay there. Location is a bit of a hassle, although the MRT train is 3 mins away, you still have to connect to other train line to get to your destination.

Hotel staff was very friendly and polite, and never fail to offer help where needed. Bed was super comfy, a good end to a day of endless walking!

Lovely hotel, far from the airport, expensive

The airport shuttle is not free as stated on booking.com also the breakfast was not included as stated. Overpriced

The room was very spacious and clean, staff were accommodating

There was a power failure during my stay there.

There was a power failure during my stay there. While i understand such things happened but it took the hotel facility almost 3 hours to rectify the problem.

Almost a home.

Unfortunate for me the cigar lounge was close on sunday, so a group of friends took me to enjoy cigars in nearby new hotel (Sheraton PJ). It was marvelous!

Again, the location-privacy, and the cigar lounge.

Was Comfy and luxury

Nothing much

The bed and toilet was really comfortable and beautiful it was a good experience and the room service was on point as well , thank you for the services , will sure come back

I like to try staying 1812 again, with what i mention improved.

I did not like the Rokok Smell after sleeping.....must be in the bed sheets.

I enjoy the long bath, but wish there was bubble bath liquid in the bathroom.

I like the cleanliness and the coziness of the room, the are...
    • Eastin Deluxe

I like the cleanliness and the coziness of the room, the are very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely return in the future. Thank you Eastin Hotel.

perhaps can make the change based on the suggestion.

A little bit noise during stay and also worker keep knocking or doing maintenance job make me feeling restless. Air-conditioning in room was too warm although temperature is low. Towels were old and feeling dirty, perhaps can change it asap.

Location is good and convenient to move around PJ area.

Room was okay. Room attendants were terrible and need to work out a schedule

The daily attendant service is very poor. They disturb you like on 5 different occasions throughout the day each one trying to do something different (minibar/towels/bed/etc) the attendants were further very inconsistent. Some days they even took away all the towels despite me hanging them up to reuse and I have to call their service line to provide me towels so that I can shower. The room I stayed in the flush button kept getting stuck in the toilet and made it difficult to flush. Not once was our room vacuumed during the entire 7 night stay. When I tried to ask one of the attendants about cleaning he didn't really understand English. The hotel itself was nice enough it's just poor room attendant quality.

The room was spacious. Reception was friendly.

Perfect stay to visit friends and relatives in the neighborhood.

The room was a bit dated. We didn't have bath robes or slippers to utilise. The bathroom had basic amenities and the grout tiling was a little on the mouldy side.

The bed was comfortable and we had the best nights sleep here.

It was perfect. It’s been a long time since I stayed in a hotel that has everything in proper.

Entrance to the parking or hotel lobby can be more obvious. Although there’s a huge sign above, but because there’s another entrance to another building just beside, which is misleading. So maybe some blinking lights to show this way to hotel will tell drivers this is the right entrance to get into.

Everything was proper. They take care of everything well, just like a five star hotel. Toothbrush, shower cap, comb, bathroom slippers to bathrobes are provided in full. And the tv channels are good, and they even provided a TV guide for your selection. Breakfast was great, international breakfast which they also serve noodles with soup, vegetarian food to even Indian cuisine. All the staff from check in to restaurant are super polite and they smile when they have contact with you. Pure fantastic and you can tell the hotel cares to plan and the welfare of its guests right on the first day.

Overall pleasant and hassle free.

Very difficult to get a taxi. Traffic during peak hours was horrendous.

Comfortable stay. The room is spacious Breakfast was good with wide varieties of foods.

RUDE RECEPTION

Upon checking-In, the lady receptionist was very rude. She had a sour face and was very condescending. I tried explaining to her about my requests, i.e. nearer to the lift for the elderly in laws, and non-smoking room but was totally ignored, even to the extend of treating me like I am an inconvenient to her. I was very angry and told her that she had just spoilt my whole day. We were treating my in laws to the hotel stay, and booked the high tea lunch for a party of 5, but due to her attitude, our enjoyment for the day was just ruined! I have travelled the world, even to Kabul, Afghanistan and Sudan, in the best hotels in Monaco, but this is the worst experienced I have ever encountered from a receptionist. Otherwise, the hotel stay was mediocre at best.

My family love the High Tea lunch on Sunday. The waiting staff was very nice and the food selection was excellent!

Room was nice and spacious.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The location. It is ideal for conferences and meetings because there are no shopping malls nearby.

Room was nice and spacious. The bed was very comfortable.

Still a good stay but could have been better !
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Poor air conditioning in rooms. Room access keys that didn't work - both rooms! So hassle of making trips to counter to rectify. Food we had for high tea at lounge was cold and not replenished

Courtesy and helpfulness of staff. Able to check out later.

Good wifi coverage.

Our door handle looks loose. One staff came to my room at 10.30 pm in the middle of my sleep because of miscommunication with the lobby staff to take out all the mini bar items.

Good wifi coverage. Room was spacious with ironing facility in the room.

A convenient location but with very little warmth in hospitality.

Front office services is not warm. Not customary to Malaysian culture as they are non-Malaysians. Too many trainees on the job, with only one supervisor at hand.

Excellent breakfast included in the cost which was good...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

A curious and not particularly pleasant smell pervaded the room when we arrived, but the nose adapted quickly and it was not noticed until returning to the room after breakfast in the morning! The property is in need of a makeover. Clearly a huge task for a building this size...but little things like replacing the discoloured grouting in the shower would make the place look brighter and

Excellent breakfast included in the cost which was good value . Concierge and front of house staff unfailingly helpful. Less than 100m walk to the MTR if you want to get around by the brilliantly efficient and spotlessly clean KL trains. If using a car, there is plenty of complimentary parking beneath the hotel. The hotel is also well served by Uber (and the local version called "Grab). Meter taxis wait outside but our only experience was unfortunate as the driver shot off miles in the wrong direction (a genuine mistake on his part for, as soon as he realised, he was very apologetic and reset the meter to zero).

Good stay for a short visit

- The housekeeping did not come and deliver what we have requested even though we've called 3 times in the period of 1 hour. They did not even bother to apologise when we cancelled it as we were going out. - The staff should be more courteous and friendly

- Cleanliness of the room and toilet - The food for breakfast was good with many varieties - Fast check in and out

Overall they stay is comfortable. Will definitely stay again.

Lightings in the room a bit dim.

The room is well-maintain and clean. Bathroom is quite spacious with bathtub and shower room too. The buffet spread is good.

Location is near to my favorite mall and my mom's house.

Sign board is tricky, both of us got into the wrong lane / entry upon check in. And it took us another few km if we turn back to the hotel with heavy traffic

Location is near to my favorite mall and my mom's house. So it would be convenient for me to visit mom and do groceries

An enjoyable stay.

Water dripping from air conditioning system but attended promptly by maintainance crew.

Room service package food is excellent. Prompt maintenance service.staff are courteous and helpful.

It's location within driving distances to my favourite...

Given us a smoking floor room without prior notice even when we stated specifically on our booking request for non smoking floor

It's location within driving distances to my favourite shopping centres.

Value of money. If your wanna find a place to rest you mind. Try this place

Just the noise come from nowhere. Its little bit annoying. Sound like renovate or someone play the gym

Value of money. Rest peacefully your mind from work. Everything is great

staff was friendly and very courteous towards me and my...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Ordered room service for my dinner and i specifically said no pine nuts in my salad as I have a pine nut allergy and yet there were pine nuts in my salad which I had to remove them myself to eat my salad. there was only one glass for two people in the room, not enough coffee, sugar and milk sachets provided for two people. there was a fake door leading to no where which could be opened from my end of the room and not the other end which is not good for safety. the closet door was not repaired and got stuck when i tried to slide it. The cooling system needs upgrading as it wasn't cool enough.

staff was friendly and very courteous towards me and my sister during our check in and check out. the bed was very comfortable and the room was very neat and tidy.

We will not book this hotel anymore its way to pricey for the service provided.

The check in is very very slow. My luggage took long long time to be sent to my room. The cupboard was broken.

The bed was comfortable and the rooms were clean.

I dont like the receptionist, i come n make booking through...

I dont like the receptionist, i come n make booking through bk.com. the price after gst n service charge actually should be 290rm..but she charge me as 370rm same as walk in price..until she need to call his manager to handle..we need wait around 30mnt only for check in..and the manager finally say sorry bcz of his staff dont know about the price bla3..go to the 16th floor lrdy, the key card cant scan..need go back to lobby n let them setup one more time..acon not so cool.. Check out oso need to wait until around 20mnt so slow..

Excellent location & value for money!

Shower head can't be removed..

Great location & super value for money with good clean rooms. Recently renovated as well with free car park for guests.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay and would definitely be willing to stay there again.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The bathtub is quite narrow. Also, the breakfast buffet is chaotic, although the food is very nice.

I loved the access to computers in the business centre because I do not travel with a PC. I also enjoyed the room itself and the soft pillows on the bed. The staff were very helpful and friendly and made an effort to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I would definitely be willing to stay there again.

Pleasant stay

The water heater wasnt hot enough

Awesome ambience. Great customer service throughout the stay. Front office staff, Dinendra has been really helpful and friendly.

Our buffet breakfast at the lobby cafe was very unpleasant i.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Our buffet breakfast at the lobby cafe was very unpleasant i.e. when asked to clean table for our seating the waitress simply wiped the food leftovers off the table onto the floor, with a very unhappy face. Obviously, the cafe was caught with high traffic of Chinese tourists and was unable to cope.

Not excited abt booking.com's genius perks if ur booking Eastin

This is the second time i booked through booking.com.with genius perks. Reception does not seem to know what this means. Before checking out, I called to confirm if I am getting my genius perk (even if I already requested this upon booking) and they gave me a normal check out time. When I mention abt genius perks (again), only then they allowed me to check out late. 5 mins after that call ended, another person called me up asking what time am I checking out. Don't u guys look at ur customers records before u pick up that phone? Feels annoying and so impersonal. :(

Nearby MRT station.

Nearby MRT station. To travel around PJ is also convenient due to its location. 7-11 is nearby. There’s also shuttle service to offices and shopping malls. Can check with the receptionist.

Nice stay visiting family in a convenient location.

One major complain. Lucky we checked. We booked at MR$2,799.89 including 6% tax. When checking out they totally ignore the booked amount and overcharged us by MR$227.00. They ignore the rates as booked and included the 6% tax with no apologies. Pls ensure the system between Booking.com and Eastin are error free. Not sure its them or Booking.com or both.

The convenience and location close to relatives homes. Reasonable rates if not we will stay elsewhere just as close.

Good memories of the Hotel thump up for the staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location to find normal food is tough. as the restaurant nearby is only catering for office workers. have to travel down via Taxi to find local food. other than that it is a great hotel to stay. comfortable

Hotel and breakfast is excellent. Front counter staff are excellent.

So so only.

Staff was not attentive. Door latch was broken. Reported but no one attended to the report. food set was not complete. Informed the room service staff but no action thereafter.

Good except for the charges for breakfast in the room..

Why do I hv to pay for breakfast in the room ? I did paid breakfast for my stay but it's only good for breakfast at the restaurant. In the room, I hv to make different. Whereas other hotel u can choose whether to hv it in the room or at the restaurant. Anticipating people who came back late would prefer to hv it in the room. Family with children - you won't want to wake up your kids just for breakfast. If we could hv it in the room, the children can hv it later instead..

Location very close to my Brother house. 17/33 petaling jaya

I was disappointed with this 4-star hotel. Services were awful, rooms were dirty.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

1.The front-desk check in experience was not what I expected from a 4-star hotel. The staff did not pay attention to the information I provided and checked in only 1 room for me, even though I made bookings for 2 rooms. 2. The doors to the room were dusty. You can actually see the dirt on the surface of the door. The carpet around the beds were visibly dirty too, and looked like no one ran the vacuum cleaner in the room. 3. I asked the front desk person on duty whether hotel guests got special rates for the buffet breakfast. He replied "Don't know". I asked if he knew the price, and he replied the same answer. I just can't accept that this is a 4-star hotel!

They provided ironing facilities in the room. That was good, and we didn't have to contact housekeeping

Almost perfect experience.

At check in, I went to one of the counter and was ignored. I found out why. The staff was being reprimanded quite loudly by his superior. Very ackward and uncomfortable experience. Bad timing! I quickly went to another counter and got check in efficiently. Other than that, the rest of the stay was excellent.

Good for overnight stopover or business trip hotel.

Quiet old club floor rooms and little slow check in and Diners Card machine is not working at all...something that the hotel should be efficient in.

The lobby is great and got upgraded to Club Floor

Needs improvement

The bed and pillows were not comfortable. We requested for extra pillows but none was delivered to room. Room service food was quite expensive and lacked taste. Breakfast was so so only. I expected the above mentioned points to ve much better given the high price we paid for the room

Location and staff Everyone was friendly and greeted us. One of the best staff ive come across in my years of travelling.

1. Shuttle ride to good shopping places.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The Wifi code given was wrong despite several attempts.

1. Shuttle ride to good shopping places. 2. The breakfast buffet spread was good, plenty of choices.

Food were good at the restaurant
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The were loud noise at night. Maintenance were done at night without informing us. Footsteps of children playing at night.

Food were good at the restaurant

Nice king size bed.

More than average waiting time for Check in & check out. It was very slow. Each guest took min. 15mins. The water could not flow out in a the Bath tub in our room. Pillows not as good as other hotels I have stayed before.

Nice king size bed. good location.

Stayed one night. Clean large room. Staff were responsive when called for assistance

No adapters available for USBport to charge phones. The hotel was older and as such did not retrofit for USB outlets. But shd at least have the adaptors to enable customers to charge their Android or IPhones.

the different prices charged.

the different prices charged. booked 3 rooms and had different prices charged.....all were the same room type and booked together ....amazing pricing discriminatory practice....i would have saved money making 3 separate bookings for the 3 rooms.....you get charged more when booking more than 1 room, heard of economies of scale ? maybe not....

Still a home away from home
    • Executive Deluxe Room

The cigar place was on my top list to do, but it was closed. next time I will check first before deciding. Too bad too, it was sea game time so, the place was crowded with athletes and security. But it was all good.

Location, location, location (truly a spot to stay away from people) and the Eyuzu restaurant and the cigar place are marvelous. This time I received fruits basket (thank you).

OK
    • Deluxe Twin Room

It seem isolated... very hard to find shops outside during weekend and public holiday. The transport are also very few and goes very early in the morning making it hard for me to have my breakfast before going to my meeting place.

The food is ok.

It was good enough for me and my wife to stay there because transportation was also easy.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There are not many restaurants around there, also not enough shops around as well.

The staff is very helpful and the restaurant is good with varieties of food and the service is also good.

Overall good

Breakfast served wasn't what I ordered. I ordered 3 pcs of toasted bread and 2 pcs of sunny side up eggs with a cup of coffee only, but your kitchen delivered something like American breakfast. Very disappointed. Wander your kitchen could understand what I ordered.

Brilliant cigar place, almost-miserable breakfast
    • Deluxe Twin Room

This trip, the breakfast was disappointing. (a) The egg counter mixed up hard boiled and half boiled eggs. (b) The orange juice tasted unusually bitter. (c) Most popular meals like roti canai ran out fast. I tried to eat this but failed miserably twice! 5 star disappointment. I had good calamari snack in the cigar lounge for dinner. However when I went down for same snack around 10.30 pm, they do not have more stocks! So, I decided to change to wedges, and asked for chilli sauce. The wedges came, and no chilli sauce. So I asked again for chili sauce. Half hour later, still no sauce. So, I went to the counter to pick it up myself. 5 star!

The location is superb. The environment is so relaxing, and good for stress-free business dealing.

Great when you can find it
    • Executive Deluxe Room

Not easy to find hotel by car and no signs for it on the streets. Promised the MRT link was ready from Dec 16 and in July 17 it was still not! So had to go to city centre by taxi at more expense. Also shuttle bus did not keep to appointed time and went without us one evening -- more taxi expense. One doorman was extremely rude to us too, otherwise staff were excellent.

Excellent Japanese restaurant, superb suites, fabulous breakfast. Attractively positioned gym and adequate pool, but grounds are very small and not as grand as photos make out.

Disappointed

Air con wasn't working well. Check in staff told me he could only give me 2 single beds tho I had booked a king size. This staff was not courteous

Good location but poor services
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Aircon is not feeling cold even adjusted to 10℃. Staff is slow and not professional. One of the staff stretching when serving customer and did not look at customer when request document.

Good if not for the cistern problem

The cistern in the room has problem and need to contact the housekeeping twice (once at night and another time the next morning) to have it resolved during the one night stay.

A great business hotel that has all your needs.

The toilet sucks. This is the 3rd time that I get clogged drainage in the shower area. What gives man? I thought the hotel has already rectify the mistakes? And I got burn spots on the carpet in my room.

Friendly and helpful staffs. Cozy environment. Superb location. The cakes are tremendous!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The room service was good.

The shower cubicle was slightly clogged. The water started to accumulate after a while.

The room service was good. The bed was exceptionally comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Mid-range hotel, in-between Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur

Cleanliness of rooms could have been better. Room had musty smell, shower not working properly. Bathroom and shower not super clean as you would expect.

Located near the city, near shopping centres and highway access

Improvement on services
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The checking process too slow need to expedite or perhaps to give a proper training in order to overcome this matter. The reservation mess up my booking by created 1 booking with 2 rooms and 1 night stay instead of 2 booking id into 1 Reservation number with 2 nights stay. I have to check out n check in again as been advise by night shift staff n also 1 call centre. To avoid such matter(check out n check in again) i intentionally put a remark in special request unfortunately the message didn't conveyed to the reservation as i expected.

Worth staying, comfortable hotel and convenient location.
    • Executive Deluxe Room

I was disappointed by the towel and the bedsheet, the towel was grayish, and the bed have small blood stain :( Small note on the pillow, it was too soft.

The room was big, spacious, the toilet was clean, the facilities were good and new. The breakfast have a lot of varieties. We enjoyed our stay there.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

System and staffs need to be upgraded

I did not like the efficiency of the concierge staff and system. When I came, my booking was not in the system and they had to do it all over again for me. And they forgot to include my breakfast and when I was having my breakfast the next day, the staff kept bugging me saying breakfast was not included in my package. I hope their system could have been better. The staffs kinda embarassed and pissed us off.

I like the ambience of the hotel and the breakfast was good.

good location, close to the metro line.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Only thing i didnt like was you need your door card to use the elevator and can only go to your floor. I was a part of a wedding party and had to go to reception everytime i wanted to visit another floor.

good location, close to the metro line.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Not bad but could be better

Had issues with booking that took a while and the attending staff spoke with such a thick accent i couldn't understand what was he saying.

Clean,comfortable,friendly staff and location

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The billing system sucks.

The room billing system is based on occupancy rate i.e low occupancy gets you cheaper whilst you pay more when the hotel gets pack. Not fair as we will not know.

Clean room.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Upon check-in and check-out, taken too long for process and...

Upon check-in and check-out, taken too long for process and the staff has seen like not familiar with the procedures and how to operate the assigned task.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The doors did not have a lock.

The doors did not have a lock. Once you closed the door, it can't be opened without the keycard but most hotels have an extra lock but Eastin doesn't have one. Hotel staff with master keycard could easily walk into the room while you're sleeping!

Good experience with room to improve

The bedsheets is not really clean, smelly. The sound proof is poor as will, was awakened by neighbors at pass midnight at a night. Check in is slow, proactive measures needed for large crowds.

The bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Given smaller room
    • Eastin Deluxe

Receptionist took long time checking their system when check in. Was given a smaller room wh no separate bedroom (booked a Eastin deluxe 74m2 wh separate bedroom). Had to asked for room change. How can I trust this hotel again?

Attentive Reception staff.
    • Eastin Deluxe

COMPLAINT: 1.Room service food was terrible. Ordered 3x and all times were poorly assembled even. Way below expectation as other aspects of this hotel showed promise. 2.Valet - Rude and unattentive!! ( :-(( ) Demanding for key and not being considerate or helpful even when he was informed that I had a lot of luggage and needed to have luggage unloaded, he made no attempt to call for bell-hop assistance.

Attentive Reception staff. It would help that staff "welcomes back" regular guests, acknowledging return guests and not just dutifully processing check-in. Housekeeping Staff is also warm and helpful and prompt with delivering requests.

Overall are satisfied.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Overall are satisfied. The only minus point of the hotel is none of the menu cater for vegetarian. Should consider this as nowadays people are more health conscious which vegetarian foods are in high demand now.

Browse Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery