Reviews of The Federal Kuala Lumpur 4 stars

35 Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#169 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

The aircon in my room was not cold. We have to park our car at Low Yat Plaza. The car park not link to the hotel.

Maybe due to peak season, the room was not ready at 3pm. However, the staff did provide us 6 welcome drink. Overall still ok. Good location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Size of the bathroom, the room was always cold even if you switch off the AC.

Size of the room, location of the hotel, buffet breakfast was filling. Location of the hotel was near to the most important places of the city, so you can simply walk and explore them.

Every thing was good.

This property is located at the heart of Kuala lumpur. Close to the main shopping centre and street activities. The Hotel has great facility. Its my second time that I stayed in this Hotel. And in both times in the same room :) Great experince and highly recommended.

no idea

friendly staff-room cleanliness-my expectation is met: excellent wifi-good fridge and air conditioning. good breakfast-location is near shopping center: plaza low yat- Pavilion Elite- Fahrenheit- night market...

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

i have stayed in this hotel before many times in Merdika win but this time the room provided was not good and bedding was very hard, not worth staying again on my next trip

location perfect

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Old-fashioned water-hose toilet bidet.

The Housekeeping, Reception & Security staff took Immediate action when I told them I left my ear-rings on the bed before leaving for the Airport.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Washroom was dirty We ask fr queen size bed, but we gt 2 single bed Asked fr non smoking room but get smoking room but ltr changed.. Lighting have defects

At strategic place

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

Attitude of front desk officer should improved . Body language should be positive . They should think that , they are there to serve the guest , not to show there emotion . In my institute CC camera are there to observe the attitude of customer care and every year we rewarded them who are of positive attitude and shift some front desk staff in other place ,where no connection with customer . I advise you to follow this .

Ambience of the hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurant look nice but breakfast was tasteless so we went out to get tasty street foods. Shower only has hot water, cold water tap was not working. And double bed size was not that big so our feet were hanging.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room carpets smelling n look very old...the manager is not polite when I was checkin...his attitude n his mind is very dirty

The breakfast n the staff was good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They give me the best room from the best price i’ve got. The room was splendid and i would really like to stay at the hotel again next time. Service is so nice and friendly, really! All good

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

Too expensive with nothing to show for.even the room was a bit rundown. my advice to all hotel property owners to pay a visit to the HATTENS in Melaka.it value for money.the facilities and decor are superb. And its breakfast spread is reasonably delicious.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No amenities of a 4 star hotel. Not even slippers or toothbrush. Rooms are shabby and old, switches are broken, AC has only one setting either on or off, no complimentary breakfast was provided.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I requested a quiet room, and was told that was what I had been provided with when I checked in. But both mornings that I wanted to sleep in, I was awoken by the sounds of repair work being done in the room across the hall, even though when I queried this on the first day I was told work would be completed that day. I would have changed room if I had been told it was also going to go on the next day.

Reliable, affordable older hotel excellently situated on Jalan Bukit Bintang for easy access to all the area's attractions. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Other reviews denigrate the hotel's age, but all of the older building is well maintained and there is the new Merdeka wing which is only a few years old. The hotel pool, whilst being in-ground and not of the newer infinity style, is quite large with a nice spacious garden area around it and plenty of lounges and some table and chairs- drink service also available.

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

Needs to be refurbished in bedroom & bathroom, Mattress are to hard! the size of the family room is ok but the bathroom is very small. The Family rooms are very noisy due to large operating boiler. The pool area needs more shade could do with a makeover.

Really great location! The breakfast is outstanding, accommodates for everybody’s taste. The staff are very helpful & pleasant. Initial appearance looks grand sorry to say I can’t say the same for the rooms! Although very clean.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Actually we booked superior rooms but it was not good as the rooms were small n not much clean.so we upgraded the to deluxe rooms.it was really appreciated.very clean n lovely view of twin towers. We hope to stay again at the same hotel in future.staffs were very kind to the guests.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff was unprofessional and didn’t calculate the money i should pay right .. so she missed adding 40 ringet.. which after she notice it .. she locked the room key to make us go to reception.. which was really stupied action .. and all they can say is sorry .. it was strange and shows no respect to guest ..which never happened before .. maybe its a single accidents but it was bad experiance for us

Location .. i stayed in this hotel several time but this was the worse time ever..

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

noise. For the last three years I have been using Federal several times a year. Twice I came with my colleagues and each time they all complained of the noise. This time two of my colleagues had to change rooms and I was given a room next to the new lifts they were installing with drills in concrete. The windows allow all the noise from the lively area to enter the rooms and as this goes on most of the night it's not possible to sleep. Will no longer use this hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lack of staff, lazy and no aggressive at all. I stand about 20min jst waiting return the key when check out. I preferred non smoking rooms and area. But they not respecting what i booked. Bed sheet look ok. But when you rolling on bed can smell like not wash and didn't change when previous ppl stay.

Old building with smelling bed.

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

- the intercom phone at the corridor keep on ringing. Housekeeping not around to pick up. It's really irritating - housekeeping keep on knocking despite telling them no need to make up for the room - did not inform prior to change the smoke detector in the room. It's so disturbing as we need rest aft a long walk ard town.

Bed comfort. Room size

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room number 819 looked like a prison it had one window with a hideous view, which could of been better even without the window. At night the power in both the room stopped and we couldn't charge anything.

croissants and food

Look above

Looked out onto a wall, on the previous visit two weeks before was over a really noisy food mall with loud music until late. I have stayed here for the last twenty years but now I will look elsewhere.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room very dreary with a view if brick wall and available tv stations were crap. Very expensive compared to Metro where i usually go which has nice rooms and good amenities. Thought i would try somewhere different but it was a bad mistake.

staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We have stayed at the Federal 8 times. It is luck if we get a room that is quiet and comfortable, we always say give it a go again as the federal is in a good position. This is the last time we will be staying as the room was so small, not clean and very noisy due to nightclubs next door. We have friends who also regulary stay at the federal and they are looking elsewhere due to the same problems.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

when l was ask for special requirements when making my booking ,l asked for a quiet room, first night we were put in a standard room ,when we had booked a superior room which was next to the lifts which operated all night so no sleep that night, we asked for a room changed which was granted. we were informed that this would be a little noisy due to a night club at the bottom of the hotel,, we were on the 13th floor,with the music noise starting from 11pm to 4 am ,so again no sleep, we decided enough was enough ,and checked out early.

the breakfast ,was all that you could ask for ,, very nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was not good to sleep at all

The bed was not good at all to sleep n the pillow me n my wife get difficulties to sleep when we ask the duty manager to give us a good bed he said that pay more I will give u another room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing since we only spent one night there so it was not enough to give a fair review.

It is located in the most strategic place. Easy access to anywhere in KL.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful, they quickly sorted a mix up with the booking. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk to one of the main shopping ares. There are plenty of close by restaurants.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

While having the buffet dinner the staff asked asked us to pay .was very annoyed as we were still eating and she only asked us to pay she could not wait for us to finish dinner

Na

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was very noisy due to clubs and bars below which kept us awake. The pool area looks very drab and needs updating.

Very good location, staff friendly. Good breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

guests at lobby area were noisy. one even had to be told by security to stop smoking.

the staff at the tontiki restaurant during breakfast was friendly attentive and the food spread was up to expectation. Keep up the good work. Kudos to the staff!!!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

missing amenities, worn out look, smoke smell in corridor, smell perminated to the room. Am a non-smoker but stay on smoking floor due to non-availablity of non smoker rooms

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

replying to email enquiries. We have sent several emails via booking .com as well as directly to the website with regard to the HALAL status of the revolving restaurant. None was replied.

service provided was really good. Staff at the reception did not keep you waiting. Check in and out was a breeze. efficiency in housekeeping. Friendly and helpful staff always courteous and approachable. Near facilities.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in the central of tourists district, it is quite convenience and easy access to all amenity and services. breakfast not bad has different varieties. Staffs are nice and helpful. We are very happy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

maybe the hotel can provide more floor with non smoking room. For those smoking room or floor its really makes us suffocated. The smell of the smoke goes into the room which i think not very good especially for children. Basically, when we stay there all the non smoking room were all taken even though we requested non smoking room when we booked the hotel.

Reached the hotel and was upgraded to bigger room. The staff all very friendly and location very good. Breakfast at the hotel were delicious and variety.

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

They are still not international standard. First they did not accept my Master Card as there is no micro chips fitted in it. So I have to borrow cash to pay them.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very clean, Well maintained Hotel, The staff are well behaved and interacts with positive attitude. The breakfast was great. Overall, It Was nothing less of a wonderful experience.

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

Limited view and little light from window. Stains on carpet. Furniture nice, but decor seems bare and unfinished. Needs a better color scheme.

Spacious room with newly renovated bath, fancy shower. Good bed & TV. Decent lighting. Newspaper delivered. Lockable safe. Reasonably priced room service menu.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sometimes aircond coldness cannot be adjusted too cold. Now only a fixed shower fawcet at the bath tub. I wish there would also an additional hand held shower. Toileteries significantly reduced even towels sometimes no hand towels. Sometimes no face towels.

The ambience. Its location surrounded by shopping areas but tuck in at the corner. I’ve been attracted to it since 1999,at that time, I stayed at Bintang Warisan. Now I can be considered a regular guest here

• Family Triple Room with Pool View

Only negative is that its reasonably expensive for Malaysia, but service is great.

Great view of pool (costs more though) nice breakfast, nice pool, right in the heart of KL.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The older part of the hotel. Even though I was in a non-smoking room. Smoking was allowed in the hallway, so the smell enters the room.

The rooms of the new part of the hotel matches the price. I’ve been in the old and new part. The old rooms are disappointing, very old and not fresh. The AC can’t be turned off it was to cold for me. So they moved me to the newer part. That was a quality clean room instead of old and dirty.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Only one free plug socket in the entire room. Bedroom and bathroom a bit tired and could do with sprucing up.

Large room, comfortable bed, good location and good facilities - quiet air con, good WiFi and all necessary amenities provided. Helpful staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Whenever i booked the room via this website, they will only gave me the 1st room of any floor. I don't mind that but this time the room is worst. The sink is stuck but the water flow is very slow and take some time to disperse all of it.

The location is superb with lots of source of entertainment

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We were given room with small window which doesnt have no view but the inside wall of the building.. we had to change the room.

Get high floor room with city view

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was old, bathrum and toilet also were old. It was clean though. Wifi is really slow, about 1mbps, just enough for text messengers, not enought for video calls.

Location is very nice. All shoping centers in walking distance, 2 centers just around corner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. My family’s reception at your ballroom was from 9.45 am - 12.45. When I asked for a late checkout i was informed it only possible with a charge of RM30. My family booked 2 ballrooms for a wedding reception so with RM30?? 2. Late checkout given until 1.30 pm after some pleading but room entry card not updated. My family could not go up to the 6th floor. Had to go the reception again for updating. 3. The brides aunt had her gold chain snatched when she came out from her car at the entrance. Sad day for her.

Attended a family reception at the ballroom so liked the convenience.

The staff attitude.

The manager is very good but the other staff are not ready to work on hospitality industries. Only Mrs SHAFIQ has the experience to serve very good lady too.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms were filthy. Very bad state of bathrooms, carpets and overall cleanliness in the rooms. Very disappointed. Changed hotels.

Entrance, ammenities

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff were calling my room at 1 am with random issues , sometimes hanging up Superior room a little small - view of other rooms and walls Toilet kept blocking

Good location but a little hidden Good service Good breakfast Good standards

• Superior Double or Twin Room

for me, I did not like the room because the room was not modern style. I thought the room was too old and feel like I was in the 19 century, not 21 century. Of course, workers and breakfast were so good and perfect.

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

The carpets could do with a good clean. Would have liked the option to have breakfast included in our booking.com fee.

Great location, comfortable room and excellent breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is tired but OK. Initially they gave me a smoking room, which was horrid, but i went back down straight away and they switched me to a non smoking, so just ask at check in for non smoking. My main issue was with the bathroom - quite old and tired and i ran a bath, but when I drained it the water came out of the plug hole in the sink and on the floor of the bathroom. All in all i would say not 4 *, its a 3 star at best.

Location was very good. Staff very nice. Internet connection was consistant.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn’t know why the room is so cold despite we switch off the air con .

The location is excellent , 2 monorail stations just around the corner and GOKL free bus is also nearby !

Overall all is good..

Before I checking in the hotel, I already requested to make a pair of swan is use to celebrate my wife birthday.. Beside, the pillow is dirty and bathroom towel still have dust..is that the room is occupied too long or the housekeeping never touch-up

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The check-in services counter is not attentive and don't really welcome us on our query for the early check-in request with poker face. The rooms given is old.

The breakfast and restaurant area is good and the services is good as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The front desk Staff not professional & less helpful and at one point very RUDE. The TOP Management need to see that the staff properly train on HOW to greet client / customer. Also the amenities need improvement. Thanks

The hotel good locaton

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

Merdeka room was good for family big and comfort. Staff very friendly and house keeping staff was creative (see picture) 😀. Strategic area for shopping and restaurant

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First night didn’t sleep well as room was just above pubbing area. Was very noisy way past 12 midnight. / when I booked hotel on booking.com, I had the impression that breakfast was included. However upon arrival, I was told that breakfast was not included . Anyway the area around the hotel has plenty of food .

Staff were friendly and helpful. The second day I was there I requested a change of room as the room they allocated us was above pubbing area which played loud music till way past midnight . Staff were prompt and wasted no time in helping us change room. The revolving hotel on top was quite nice and quiet. Lamb chop was delicious.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Amount blocked as advance, and returned after cash payment. This will take some time, by that our journey gets over, blocked money not getting utilised.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better

The location of the hotel is excellent. There's 3 shopping malls & lots of food choices within walking distance.

Cleanliness could be improved. Coakroaches could be seen every where. I reported to staff.

Room spacious. Ironing facilities. Other facilities on request were available.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms need some form of renovation as some switches and lights don’t work well. Aircon is either too warm or too cold. For standard rooms, please bring your own toothbrushes and toothpaste.

Just right beside Plaza Low Yat and for those who drive, this is where you live your cars overnight as well. Within walking distance also to Lot 10, Pavilion, Sg Wang, Berjaya Time Square

• Deluxe Family Room with Pool View (4 Adults)

no breakfast package. had to pay xtra. shud have a package stay with bfast included but none was available.

location is nearby Berjaya Times Square. nearby 24 hrs mama shop which is so helpful during dinner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Comfortable pillows and bed. Location just right beside Plaza Low Yat and for those who drive, this is where you live your cars overnight as well. Within walking distance also to Lot 10, Pavilion, Sg Wang, Berjaya Time Square. Value for money

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was given a room at smoking area because I forgot to mark which area I prefer. There is no gym. Number of international channels very limited.

Location is good.lift is working in good condition

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything else about the property is messed up, most of the rooms dont have windows, the rooms are smaller than mentioned on booking.com

The location is very good

The customer service at the reception of 2 staff was quite disappointing

Management staff was excellent and extremely understanding and helpful. location is amazing and everything is pretty convenient around. i will strongly suggest Merdeka rooms because they’re renovated. other rooms are pretty old and classic

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the noise around the hotel from the hotel make me can't sleep the hotel that I stayed pretty old bed is hard

I'm looking for a soften comfortable bed not hard bed and the service room didn't clean the room that hairs in the bathroom and the bath tub is got the black stuff, mirror got some writing on it

not!, all is good.

all the service is good, room is very cleaning , location is at city and eazy to have transport and have also have restaurants and spa.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Fast respond eventhough im booking 2 hours before check in time. And very friendly especially staff names Ela she answer all my question so polite and always smile. Recommend for others if want to stay in the centre of KL. Also food for breakfast so delicious. Its worth your money.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The beds are too old and hard, need to replace. Otherwise not worth the price and returning. Although free parking at Low Yat Plaza, but extremely inconvenience. Not recommended to those with big & lots of luggages, kids and old parents.

The staffs are overall good. Special thanks to both staffs at main lobby.

• Merdeka Double or Twin Room

Took 1 hour and 2 reminders to get luggage taken to room. Opaque glass instead of solid wall into bathroom.

Location very close to restaurant and hawker food. Staff helped to sort out my Wi-Fi Breakfast Comfy king size bed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location. Near to the shopping centers & eating places. My late farther used to stay at this hotel , so I am remembering this trip & him. Thank you.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was quite concerned when they couldn’t find my booking number the day I checked in. Coming out from their office 15 minutes later, from the look of the staff that was serving us, I kinda knew that they didn’t get our room booked despite having a booking number. So the staff offered us a room which has double bed (which we picked from preferences upon booking), in the smoking zone. We didn’t want it and lastly we were offered a room with no view nor sunshine at all - dark at all times. Which makes the room super cold even though the aircond was turned off.

Ok overall

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First they gave me a room which was already occupied, next they gave me an upgraded room in the new wing.

Most centrally located. Next to Low yath Plaza. Just opposite south Indian hotel

Browse The Federal Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery