2. Malaysia hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Grand Margherita Hotel

Reviews of Grand Margherita Hotel 4 stars

Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching, Malaysia

#15 of 76 hotels in Kuching

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

Fantastic polite friendly service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds only had a doona and no top sheet. I would be happier with just a top sheet as I prefer to sleep with out airconditioning.

Fantastic polite friendly service. I could not report anything negative and will recommend to everyone. Perfect place for families as the pool for children is a great size and length to learn to swim in for little kids. Excellent location on the river. We returned 3 times to stay because it really is exceptional in every way.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

TQ to friendly staff at 5th floor for smiling and let me...
    • Executive Superior Room

I used to stay and choose executive room where I can have my so call privacy breakfast and hi-tea.. hoping that one day or the management would take some action to clean up the windows so that I can view the kuching river area clearly. Few times been here, still the windows at 5th floor not being clean.

TQ to friendly staff at 5th floor for smiling and let me brought back those curry puff to my room.. hahaha

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Worth for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pillow and blanket does stink a bit as if it wasn’t dried well.

Location which is close to malls and other tourist spots (China town).Food is plenty.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Having an iron in the room is great and the room was...
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

A staff named Maria was very unfriendly when I needed assistance at the reception desk. Thankfully Amirul was nice enough to help me out because I was in a hurry. Not enough basic amenities like toothbrush or cotton pad. Lack of parking space when there is an event at the hotel.

Having an iron in the room is great and the room was spacious and muslim friendly. There was a prayer mat and a qibla direction which was very helpful. Location was great. Close to shops, restaurants like Top Spot and the cat statue to take pictures. They allowed late checkout which was awesome.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Your friendly front desk staff upgraded us to a deluxe room...
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

1. Room too cold even when aircon was switched off. 2. The soft pillows are really too soft for a good comfortable sleep.

Your friendly front desk staff upgraded us to a deluxe room with river view In the Sudong Wing. Very appreciated. Thanks

• Reviewed: 5 January 2019

Previous stays were much better. Peak season is NOT the time to slack.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We arrived at the hotel at 3pm (check in @2pm) but had to wait about 20mins+ for the room as it was "not ready". Then the toilet smelled and the showerhead leaked so the shower was about a trickle.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

Fairly good .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not cleaned and the breakfast restaurant was overcrowded and very crammed . Not able to enjoy breakfast at all due to the crowd.

Location of the hotel and the service provided by the staffs of the hotel

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Top Central Location on the Waterfront staffed by an Excellent Team
    • Superior Twin Room

Non-smoking floors still have people smoking in adjoining rooms where the smoke drifts into your room. Doesný appear to be enforced. The hot water level never got above luke warm ever.

Great location on the waterfront with access to local food outlets along the riverside. The pool is great and well maintained. Most rooms have been renovated. The staff generally are very good and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Really good value for money.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Great Hotel - everything you need is close by and very central
    • Superior Twin Room

Some people still smoking in non smoking floors. Drifts into adjoining rooms. Should be enforced with new laws Jan 1,2019.

Location is excellent and central. On waterfront and close access to nearby food outlets. Staff in hotel are excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

• Executive Superior Room

Almost the same menu for breakfast everyday. The water pressure was low.

Great location. Staffs were friendly, cosy room & wide varieties of breakfast. Our room got upgraded to executive suite for free.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

Pleasant
    • Executive Superior Room

I am not so happy with the breakfast. Choice for main meal are limited. The way the mushroom was cooked was not appetising. The baked beans was not nice. The gravy for laksa sarawak was diluted and the prawns are not fresh and fully cooked. Just need to buck up a bit on the food to cheer your guests' mood in the morning.

Pillow was very comfy n the bed was big. The room is very spacious. Should have a hair dryer.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Hot and just a bit chilly in Kuching.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was only one thing I didn't like and that was the air con system. The hotel is effectively hermetically sealed - there are no balconies and the fixed windows do NOT open. The entire building is run on air con air which I find uncomfortable to breathe and too cold. So, if like me, you are sensitive to cold then be sure to bring long sleeved clothes and ask for extra blankets if they are not already supplied.

The staff were courteous and helpful. My assigned room had no view and my request to change was rewarded with the best view over the river. The breakfasts were quite awesome, multiple choice, Asian, Western and all fine quality stuff. The croissants and cakes were excellent. Fruit juices were from fresh fruit and the coffee was excellent with no shortages of anything.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2018

short stay and poor room service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the toilet was dirty and when we ask for toiletries at 2pm only arrived at 11pm after 2 times reminder. i book for city view room but i get a room of Sarawak plaza's parking lot view!

bed extra big. Staff at the counter very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2018

Nice stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room service was really bad. They didin't have those foods what was In menu. Food quality was also really bad, i ordered vegetable sandwitch and it was poor bread with Some vegetable and pringles chips. You expect More when its four star hotel. Also we made A big mistake with laundry, about 3kg of laundry was 273 myr!! So dont do laundry there.

Breakfast buffet was good, pool was ok. Room is clean and beds comfortable. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

Love the comfy pillows!

Love the bed and the comfy pillows. Bonus points for the pillows!!! Location are at the centre of the town, Great environments and definitely worth the money to stay there. 😊

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Please do an available space parking for guest.
    • Executive Superior Room

Ur staff must be greatful when meet the customer.

Please do an available space parking for guest. It’s not comfortable to find another parking lot & need me to walk far from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2018

Nice stay in a great location
    • Superior Twin Room

The shower head is not high enough!

I was there during a work trip, the hotel was clean and its location was also great and central to the city nice waterfront, the breakfast was with a big variety however for those looking for bread, cheese and cold cuts in their breakfast the choices are limited it is much more Asian varieties !

• Reviewed: 13 December 2018

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The newly renovated room that I occupied was not properly cleaned. The bathroom still got the blackish mold mark which was so disgusting. The room was poorly refurbished as I can see the crack mark on the shelf along the attachment. I requested for late check out but the receptionist was jumping on conclusions that I wanted to stay for free and said they’re expecting early arrival guest thus my request was declined. After I mentioned that I am willing to pay the extra charges for 3 hours, then she automatically process my request and I wonder what happen to the early arrival guest she mentioned earlier? I guess she just made that up. Bad bad customer service.

Nothing. I got the so-called ‘newly renovated’ wing. I regretted it so much.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

Strategic place to stay. Many interesting places with just a walking distance.
    • Superior Twin Room

We had trouble on finding a parking slot, so we keep went in and out around the parking lot to find one. There was one time when the rooftop parking also full.

Everything except parking.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Two friends getting away from home..
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We hated the fact that our room seemed unprepared. The doors in our room; Room 842 seemed like they were just painted a day or two before our arrival. We kept getting black paint on our hands and arms whenever we accidentally touch it.

The best bed. I really love their Sarawak Laksa, always my favourite.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Connecting rooms were arranged when we asked for rooms to be...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some crumbs on the carpet were not removed during housekeeping. Swimming pool area was a tad too slippery especially the stairs leading to the changing room.

Connecting rooms were arranged when we asked for rooms to be nearby. Comfortable bed with options for hard and soft pillows. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

very nice!
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

The hotel fulfill our request where we want Our room facing at waterfront view and the location is in the heart of Kuching city..recomended to everyone .

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

• Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Not sound proof. Sound (coughing, talking) from next room can be heard through the connecting door.

Location. Brisk walk along Waterfront. Mira Cakehouse is just across the river.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Walking distance to waterfront, Riverside, Sarawak Plaza.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Me and my wife arrived at the Hotel 1345 and hopefully to check in on 1400. The room is not ready yet at 1400, and it was ready 1446HRS. Breakfast time is crowded, we were put on the outside table without any fork and spoon being put on the table despite my wife has been sitting there after she taking her meal to the table. I have to call out the server asking for fork and spoon.

Walking distance to waterfront, Riverside, Sarawak Plaza.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Overall I’m really enjoyed stayed here. Really love the lounge.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

I requested for early check in twice but no reply. Call to the reservation but no feedback from them. Ask me to call direct to receptionist.

Nice new renovation room. Clean and comfortable. WiFi provided and also with LAN network in the rooms. Staff at the lounge and front office receptionist very professional.

Love every bit of it
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Maybe the glass window could be more cleaner for nice photo shoot. Breakfast is not included.

Love everything about the property. All is provided. The room is super comfortable and spacious!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2018

I like the hotel location.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

I like the hotel location. It was so strategic and so centralized to the town. With walking distance i managed to explore quite some tourist spot and get to enjoy good food in Kuching.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2018

A great base to explore Kuching
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location is fantastic, on the riverfront, in the historic area, in Chinatown. Quiet room overlooking the river, air conditioning, excellent breakfast, hot water, good water pressure, near stores and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2018

Please keep mobile chargers handy. The recption had only Samsung chargers but no iPhone chargers.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

The lady at the reception was down with viral flu. She was coughing and suffering from contagious cold. Please advise such staff to take medical leaves, because this is contagious and if we share cards, invoices it will infect guests too.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

The view of the river was great.
    • Superior Twin Room

Very old hotel. Not that well maintained. A decent enough 3 star. Pricey for what it is. Little details like shower leaking, marks on the bedding, stale smell in the hallways.

The view of the river was great. Great n location in the centre of Kuching

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

I like the room was clean.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

check the things inside the rooms. I booked 2 rooms. In one of the room, the iron was not working. I also ordered room service breakfast for myself and my parents. It took 40 minutes for them to send and only to notice there were no drinks (it was a set menu), then I have to call in again for the drinks and it took another 15 minutes. The food was ok especially the roti canai but the toast was very bad (tough and chewy also cold). after finished eating, then I realised the set menu supposedly comes with assorted fruits plater. Never received it. Not to mentioned when I call in the room service, the staff was not friendly at all, 2nd time I call in, no apologies were offered. During check out, I mentioned these to the receptionist, she seems not interested to know. She just say ok and settle off my check out.

I like the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Would come back and stay again because of the location and the big room!
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

The reception was not very friendly, but she was efficient. The swimming pool is a little odd with the people at the patio eating right next to you. I was aware that the gym was under renovation, so I ran along the river instead.

I like the big rooms and big windows looking to the river. I like that I could walk to many nearby attractions when I was off the clock. It was easy to come back to from a day of being outside the city centre for work.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

satisfied with the big room and breakfast was excellent
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the pillow was not comfortable..its look heavy and big once landing on it become thin n flat. the other two brown small pillow was very smelly..we put it down the floor.

Room was big enough.Staff are good. Food are excellent. Overall very good

• Reviewed: 20 November 2018

Strategic location where it is located at the centre of the...
    • Superior Twin Room

Limited space for car parking especially when there is occasion at the hotel.We need to park at Sarawak Plaza which is beside the hotel.

Strategic location where it is located at the centre of the city and waterfront.The hotel staffs were very friendly and kind. The breakfasts were good and thumbs up for the beef rendang and chicken curry as well.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Pros & cons of Grand Margherita
    • Superior Twin Room

Toilet bowl seat looked dirty, bar of soap was small and "harsh", no shampoo. No sandals in the room, no laundry bag. Chair at the work desk was broken. The hinge to raise the seat was faulty, so I had to place a pillow on the seat to raise its height. No coffee/tea facility in the room. Desk lamp was not working (bulb was busted)

Location of hotel was good. Great and cheap seafood place (Topspot Food Court) abt 500 meters away. Nice and modern McDonald's restaurant just across the road. Room had the view of the river and waterfront. Lovely sight to wake up to.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Fault with toilet in allocated room therefore received a...

No negatives at all

Fault with toilet in allocated room therefore received a complementary upgrade to a suite and didn't even need to ask Excellent breakfast and all staff very attentive Good location

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

Hotel front office staff and concierge are friendly.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

We used the bus shutter arranged by the hotel to Sarawak cultural village. Firstly the bus did not follow the departure time as scheduled but delayed on the excuse of waiting for passengers who never turned up. Secondly, the bus driver talked in handphone while driving putting lives of passengers at risk.

Hotel front office staff and concierge are friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

• Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Windows should be cleaned regularly.

Special mention to Ms. Rogayah of the front office for accommodating our request and made our stay that much more enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Facilities, great breakfast and fast Wi-Fi,lovely views up...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Need to put some deodorizer in the hotel so it smell good when u enter the hotel and toilet.

Facilities, great breakfast and fast Wi-Fi,lovely views up the river and some of the friendliest staff you could meet. Its near the attraction place like Kuching Waterfront, Fort Margherita, Indian Street, Main Bazaar, Malls n Restaurants.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

The room was comfortable and super clean.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

The room was a little chilly by default.

The room was comfortable and super clean. The staff is very kind and very generous. We got free breakfast because it was our honeymoon. The location is the best you could get. The breakfast was good, and the selection was wide.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Good hotel to stay. Will come again soon.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking lot at hotel is always full. Please add the area of parking lot.

Front desk person is very polite. Soft spoken and very good in entertaining the guest. Thanks to all staff there..

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Overall was a good stay as the staff were friendly and the room was clean. The view was the best.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shower area was small, and the shower head was leaking by the side. The shower water seemed to keep coming to the dry area/ near toilet. The firm pillows were not really firm.

The room had a great view of the river

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

Ok good hotel. But I prefer a hotel with big bathtub.
    • Executive Superior Room

Toilet is small, shower pressure is low and bath tub is smaller and not able to fit in.

Room was good, bed comfy but toilet is small, shower pressure is low and bath tub is smaller and not able to fit in. Due to that I asked for room change and the staff are very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2018

A favourite in Kuching
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room didn't feel overly clean. Maybe it's just old but a bit musty

Breakfast is great. Views of the river are beautiful. Staff are excellent. Friendly and professional

• Reviewed: 24 October 2018

okey but I hope you really meet what guest expected thro their booking.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was expecting to have a bathtub in my room and viewing the waterfront as prescribe when I book the room but none meet my expectation.

The room clean...bed really comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

request for river view and queen bed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

parking not a lot. if go back to hotel midnight. parking full

request for river view and queen bed. but staff add we the two queen size bed for our room. i'm very happy. room very big for couple . i very like the pillow, very soft and like a cloud. the hotel location very nice and near at waterfront. just walk, no need to drive car

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

It was very pleasant to stay in such great hotel, the room...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was very pleasant to stay in such great hotel, the room was so nicee, so clean, also breakfast was so delicious. The price are very reasonable with all those experience 😊

Very good location !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I don't have anything negative to say, but we had better/cheaper accomodation in Kuching. Room is a little damp, just A/C, the window could not open. Excelent breakfast and staff were very kind and helpfull.

Convenient location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool is too small and the pool towel ran out even if you go to pool at 10 am. We were asked to take own room towel. When we back to our room, we asked for clean towel to be sent to our room but I made 2 calls and waited 30 minutes to get it.

Location is convenient

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great location and perfect base for day trips to national parks, friendly helpful staff .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

nothing but take umbrellas as it can rain !!!

Clean, comfortable and well placed overlooking river with friendly staff and nice pool. Breakfast was copious with excellent choices available in a calm atmosphere. Hotel located close to Top Spot Eating centre where food stalls serve excellent sea food , do also try jungle fern ! Also close to Alternative Therapy Centre (Blind Massage ) and reflexology centre both excellent after trekking through National Parks.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Overall the stay was good
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Housekeeping need some brush up! The mugs were not clean properly, there're still coffee stain at the bottom of the mug. Face towels were not replenished after the wet ones were taken away.

Staff at the reception were friendly. Beds were good.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Please improve the rooms
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was with smoking smell. Toilet was not clean Shower area with stains. The pillows provided were too soft Lack of furnishings No disposable toothbrush or comb or shaver provided.

The breakfast spread was good. Good location Always with welcoming drink Nice bread as usual

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very good value for money
    • Executive Superior Room

The hotel was very full, and although there are enough elevators, the wait was sometimes quite long. The wifi password changed in the middle of my stay for some reason or another.

Very comfortable bed/room, all the amenities available, choice of pillows was excellent. Air conditioning was very effective, enough hot water in the shower. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

A perfect choice.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's hard to find fault with the hotel. Yes it's an older hotel but it has aged gracefully.

An absolute gem of a hotel. Perfect location right in the city center yet just a minute's walk takes you along the calm riverside waterfront. Good eating (local and Western and even Japanese!) a brief walk away. Excellent meals in the hotel itself too including a very nice buffet breakfast. Very hospitable and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great location on the waterfront and overall a decent hotel...
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Great location on the waterfront and overall a decent hotel thats good value for money. Room was a little tired but did the job fine and downstairs facilities were good. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

it was a good experience, can be better:)
    • Executive Superior Room

i could'nt find the hair dryer hotel wifi keep loging out room too cold even when aircon was switched off

the bath tub was good hotel was clean friendly working staff

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Strategic and accessible to all tourist spot

Nil

Check-in was a breeze. Location is very strategic. It is next to the iconic cat statue and Sarawak Waterfront. Great eating places nearby, just a few steps away from the Waterfront Bazaar and 5 mins walk to the famous seafood 'Top Spot'. For shopping, the nearest is Plaza Merdeka where you find H&M, Dorothy Perkins, Cotton On, Sakae Sushi, Starbucks, Secret Recipe, Gong Cha, etc. The room was spacious and housekeeping was excellent. Food served during breakfast was a good spread. Staff during check-in was friendly and speaks English well. However, it will be better if the staff will automatically provide the wifi password without us asking for it and explain that it is only valid for a few days and we need to ask for an extension. The Baggage Porter provides excellent service and they are friendly too. Overall our stay at the hotel was pleasant and definitely recommend this place to our families and friends.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

The bed was good & aircon was cold . The only issue was the wash basin .
    • Superior Twin Room

The wash basin was clogged up on the day we checked in but it was too late at night to get maintenance to unclog it when we realized it after dinner.

The mattress is firm & good. The aircon is cold but cannot be adjusted even though you set the temp higher.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

One of the worse stays!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Previous stays I had under corporate for a week, was given well hospitality. But this stay under own expenses I guess not really a good hospitality. Maybe corporates long term "$$$" speaks better than normal guests "$" once a while stay. I didn't had the room amenities prepared before checked in. No laundry bag, no rubbish bag, no bottle waters in room, no basic shower products in bathroom and Worst of all no towels as well.. N etc.. Not speaking about the screwed up parking system. Next time please don't state "Free Parking" in ur Hotel selections list instead state there.. "Free Parking subjected to Availability" and also teach the front desks staffs some ethics to reply customers when questions asked about parking hassle. Not just say park at opposite building n pay RM3.. Its nt about the money for parking that we can't afford but know some ethics to respond appropriately to guests who paid to stay in your hotel and not staying for free to hear ur attitude.

The breakfast is the plus point for the stay there. And the centric location in town.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Outstanding Location and Value for Money in Kuching
    • Executive Superior Room

The exterior of the hotel really needs some paint work. The windows need cleaning but this would require a very expensive installation of equipment to allow the exterior window cleaning to occur considering the hotel’s size. Any smart person, however, in search of real value for money would look past this superficial fault. This hotel is far and away the best located, and best value for money you will find in Kuching.

This really is the place to stay in Kuching. Half the price of the Hilton and a step up from other similar priced hotels (we checked them out in person). The Executive Rooms are exceptionally good value and only marginally more expensive than a double. Access to the Executive Lounge for breakfast and afternoon tea is worth it alone ...endless wine, beer, sushi, pastries, satay, seafood ...you won’t need dinner! The pool is excellent, spotlessly clean, hygienic and well maintained. The Grand Margherita is the only hotel right on the river and affords the best views in town. The check in staff are efficient and competent, especially Miss Ester, who also assisted us greatly booking accomodation at Bako National Park when it appeared there was none available. The cake sho in the foyer is the best in Kuching. We will be returning here again and again. What a fabulous hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Restaurant staff are helpful
    • Superior Twin Room

Front of desk don’t know what they doing, didn’t provide Wifi password n breakfast information. Didn’t know how to handle the late check in customer

Restaurant staff are helpful

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Location was very good, near food and the waterfront.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Hotel has not been well maintained, there was a lingering tobacco smell in the hotel, the pillows had moth holes, the bathroom were not as clean as they could be, there was a dent in the floor under the carpet among other things.

Location was very good, near food and the waterfront. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very comfortable and affordable
    • Superior Twin Room

The location is great. Close to the waterfront and great view of the river. The room was comfortable except the room was a little bit chiller at night even after the AC was switched off.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The size of the room provided to us is sufficient to fit my...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff especially the receptionist should be more proactive in their job. Once when I called the receptionist to remind them about my laundry to be collected in my room, he told me that he will inform the room service staff to collect them upon cleaning the room. However, I came back to my room to find that those clothes still left in my room. There should be proper communications between the staff.

The size of the room provided to us is sufficient to fit my family members. The staff especially the room service staff for Level 7 of the new wing are extra friendly and they are doing their job efficiently.

Good size rooms, comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Furnature as well as outside of the hotel was a bit outdated

Good size rooms, comfortable bed. Many options to eat at the hotel. Very nice breakfast. City centre within walking distance

Perfect location and comfy!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking space for hotel guests are quite limited. There was a wedding event on one of the night that we stayed there, and we couldn't find a parking space, and were told by the parking staff to park at the plaza next door, which not very convenient for us (as we have two kids and they were already asleep), and we have to pay for parking if we were to park there overnight. We had to wait in the car for 45 mins to get a parking spot at the hotel, which is quite frustrating :( Should allocate enough parking space for hotel guests and guests of events.

We had a good 2 nights stay at Grand Magherita and definitely worth the money! Perfect location and very comfy!

EXCELLENT
    • Superior Twin Room

Its in the centre of Kuching, walking distance to every where. The iconic Kuching statue just located opposite of your hotel. Fast food restaurants is close to your hotel as well.

Fun. Positive experience.
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Limited parking lot. I have to go to Sarawak Plaza at 3rd floor, at the midnight because of the hotels parking space was full. Sarawak Plaza is just beside the hotel, but you know, it is on the night. Anything could happen during walking to the hotel solely.

The location, just in front of the famous cats statue of kuching city. I love the pool. Especially that for kids. There are also a small playground for kids. My kids are very excited when we go down to the pool area.

The room is big and comfortable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping : the team should be change the bedsheet each day not only as per request. Staff : some of the staff not friendly enough but very helpfull. Probably they tired due too long hour of working

The room is big and comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very good location, breakfast and swimming pool.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not so clean as we expect in this standard.

Excellent breakfast, the best we had in Malaysia. I had omelette with prawns, for my husband cooks prepared delicious soups. Location is very good at river promenade. We loved swimming-pool. Really recomended.

Great location, good service, wonderful breakfast buffet,...
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

The rooms are not well sound insulated as I could hear every word spoken in the next room

Great location, good service, wonderful breakfast buffet, lovely large pool and good sized rooms. I would stay here again

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was really a nice stay! Get a Grab if you going far :)
    • Special Offer - Superior Twin Room

Hotel building outside view is not as attractive as it is in the internet booking. But no worry, inside the hotel everything are okay and comfortable.

Rooms are comfortable, nice waterfront view, breakfast are good staff are nice. Location is great, walking distance to the popular waterfront, bridge, attractions, souvenirs at the old shops.

I had a great time here.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had a great time here.. all the staff are very friendly especially at the front office for check-in & the concierge guy, he is very helpful... love the bfast too.. a lot of varieties & delicious especially the laksa sarawak.. so yummy...

Strategic Location
    • Superior Twin Room

The location is in the heart of Kuching very close to the river and several restaurants. The rooms are clean and wifi works perfectly! (very difficult to find in Malaysia). The swimming pool is a great opportunity to chill out and the bar inside the hotel is good to drinks something.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Good location but need a proper cleaning.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a little run down. Room and toilet are not very clean. Had to request for new pillow cases when we check in. It was with stains. Window is very dirty as well. Pool is also very dirty. People are swimming with normal clothes on.

Location is good. Walking distance to shopping n restaurant. Staff is very friendly. Nice view of the river.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Grand Margherita Hotel traveller photo gallery