Reviews of Holiday Inn Resort Penang 4 stars

72, Batu Ferringhi, 11100 Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia

#8 of 19 hotels in Batu Ferringhi

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

lovely check in staff at the counter Nurul and I found most...
    • Twin Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

5pm on Sunday 16/9/18 - the pool boy - Indian tall young . . . refused to give me a lounge cushion as he said it was rainy season and he didn't want it to get wet. note it was not raining that evening and he refused simply because he didn't want to make the effort to collect to back. He claimed that it was the rules of the hotel. the day before when I asked him , he told me to get it myself and refused to carry them to my lounge. Ive stayed in your hotel over the past few years and am not impressed by the attitude of this staff.

lovely check in staff at the counter Nurul and I found most of your staff friendly and nice

Perfect for short getaway!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The town was far away and i think Its better to put more movie channels (instead of ONLY fox movies) for the television so it wont be that boring if you plan to stay in the room only for relaxation.

I booked at feringgi tower! But still you can see the sea since my room was on the 10th floor. The room was very spacious. Decorated well. The wifi is good! Food stall very near as feringgi walk is just outside the hotel.

Air conditioner - great

Ferringi Tower (non-seaview) before 12 midnight - loud karaoke

Air conditioner - great Water heater - great Customer service - great Choices of food nearby - great (walking distance only - Eg. Starbucks, The Ship and many local stalls)

Very satisfied
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

It's a bit far from the city

Everything...from the bathroom to the bed it's excellent.we've got seaview room.even from ferringghi tower it has very nice view.the pillow and bed really comfortable.my husband & my kids really enjoy the stay.

The restaurant staff is not professional.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The restaurant staff is not professional. My kid saw the menu for the fruits sticks and it attracts her thats why I ordered for her, but when it comes , it really disappointed her as it serve by the plate with the mixing of the fruits and it looks like the left over fruits from the morning breakfast. And it is quite ridiculous to serve pineapple for a small kid. Hope the service from the restaurant can be improve.

The Greatest Hotel in Georgetown is not Penang
    • King Room with Hill View - Ferringhi Tower

Parking is limited and have to walk some distance. It is super inconvenient when is raining.

Awesome friendly and polite staff, even cleaner will come forward to wish you goodbye and have a nice day when you checkout. Clean is 10/10 and baby friendly. I love this hotel.

the stay was pleasant one, if we are staying the beach tower would be better!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

when the booking was done, I somehow had the impression that breakfast was included that was part of the reason the decision was made to reserve through booking.com with this rate. it was my mistake i did not see clearly that it was not provided.

the play lab for the kids. if the opening hours could be earlier will be even better. because our stay there were raining all the way, if only we could have longer hours in the play lab would be good.

Value for money and the hotel has definitely exceeded our expectations. The concier
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

I chose a harder pillow and it could've been better

The breakfast spread was good with just the right amount of variety to choose from. The hotel and the beach was clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Nice room......comfortable Staff is friendly But toilet seat has sone stains which seems not able to be removed Need to call 2 times for the housekeeping to send tissue paper Overall....still satisfy and good stay in Holiday inn

Nil
    • Double Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

The beach was in-undated with jet ski rentals in front of property’s beach. Made it dangerous to go into the sea and extremely noisy in mornings through to evenings. Throughout entire stay, the property was unable to rectify television program channels and gave no reason for it. Staff just said under repair.

Nil

Hotel was really good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Hotel was really good. So many Good restaurants are near. Beach is not so clean. If you walk 15 min walk on the bridge, you can find that sewage is getting mixed into Sea.

Great hotel for family with small kids
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Should improve on Room service menu. Order Nasi Goreng Istimewa, dont expect the hotel Chef using frozen vegetables part as the recipe. Should use fresh vegetables. Taste not so good. I rather buy from road side stall along the feringghi beach.

Staff is friendly, customer service oriented. Room is clean, nice smell once you enter from the lift. Great hotel for family with kids. Love the facilities at the hotel!My kids love the Play Lab so much! Overall we've really enjoy our stay at the hotel. Will recommend to friends and relatives. Will come again for next trip to Penang

Holiday Inn at Peenang
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

I really surprise with one staff at restaurant from breakfast ,I every time make review hotel by video and when i take breakfast i make video also and this man look at me like i killed somebody he not nice for my eyes. I asked some staff about this man and i know some information he is chef in this restaurant and i have this video with his face. Please tell to Manager give me answer about this man.

I like food and beverage I like service from Front office and Bell boy they are very good service and smile. I like all Holiday Inn every country.

not value for money
    • Twin Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

cleanliness was poor both in room and bathroom. also the main thing was comfort, and air conditioning was so poor , that we were drenched in our own sweat due to poor AC and on top of that humidity. parking was in other building across the street.

location of property is on the beach

Staff is friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Toilet ventilation not adequate or not working. A tad run down furniture and the game room with limited felicities.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, ample car park with security a plus point. Will not hesitate to re-visit Holiday Inn Resort PG, in near future.

The trip to holiday inn resort..
    • Twin Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

No one come to make up my room even tho i called and went to the reception to request for it..no one came untill the day i left.. i stayed in a dirty room..the room Is noisy because my room was facing the main road and its on the 3rd floor..overrall im so regret staying here!!! The properties is not what it seems in booking.com

I like to sleep only!!

Room without towel upon checked in
    • Twin Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

Arrived at 2.10pm and hv to wait almost 20 min to check in but likely due to the peak days of long holiday Somehow, the hotel missed out the towel for our room until we requested for it, and again hv to wait for it. The swimming pool for kid is quite small Lightings in the room too dim

The location and good foot massage

high price for poor facility
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

small GIM the bridge is close there is smill in the room difficult to reach the swimming pool throw the road and danger also for the kids

the stuff are good

Comfortable bed and accessible area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The share pool table and table tennins is abit run down. Need to repair. Highly recommend shuttle service included with the booking from hotel to airport.

Comfortable bed and accessible area

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

*The room is big and it was very clean.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

*If you book in the Ferringhi tower, make sure that you get your room. The reception staff may tell you that your booking is in the other building (beach wing) as it happened to me. *The elevator programming is extermely bad. If you are in the 9th floor and request the elevator, it will go first to the upper floors and come back to you. Hence, you will find the elevator is full. *They said that the breakfast starts at 6:30. However, they started around 6:48 and not all food was available.

*The room is big and it was very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I’ve contacted the manager to arrange for rose petals...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

I’ve contacted the manager to arrange for rose petals decoration in the room. When I arrived at the hotel around 1pm, the room was already ready without the rose petals deco. And we’ve got to wait for another 1 hour to make sure everything was ready. The staff keep on telling us that we have to wait for just 15 minutes (in fact she told us like 3 times the same thing but still the room wasnt ready). I hope that in the future, if the room deco wasnt ready, just tell us the truth, dont give us the false hope. It was actually a birthday surprise for my mother and it turned out to be not so surprise anymore after we’ve got to wait for quite long to enter the room eventhough we were told to wait for around 15 minutes. All customers including those who came a bit late after we arrived got their keys before us leaving just us at the receptionist area. I hope the management could take this as a serious matter especially when your customer want to arrange something special in the room that means they hope for the best (it’s not cheap anyway) 😄 Cheers.

Very pleased with our stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

For the age of the building and the price we paid, there was nothing that we didn't like.

Rooms were clean and well maintained. Beds were very comfortable. Friendly staff and the good location. Pool was clean.

Breakfast is good and thats all
    • Twin Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

i chose Hill View and paid extra for it, but ended up the view is street view, nothing nice to see and a little bit noisy due to facing the roads. Asked room service to change a room, and they say Hill View is indeed just facing the road so cant do anything for us, this is disappointing as we paid extra for nice view. So please becareful if u choose the "Hill View" Room

breakfast is the best!!!! so many variety of food and facing the sea and the pool!

Overall we enjoy our stay and definitely will come back.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

In room dining - Mushroom soup was weird. it was clear soup with chicken and button mushroom served with garlic bread. I imagined creamy mushroom soup when ordering. The fish and chips served WITHOUT tartar source. Come on guys for RM 43 not even tartar source there!!!. it was a big disappointment.

The room was good. The beds were huge.

Nice for a short beach getaway~
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The distance that I need to walk each time going from Tower Block to Beach Wing where all the fun are, well maybe it's only me as nothing much can be done with limited land area in Batu Feringghi but overall, I really enjoyed staying here.

The pool facilities and nearby beach are an awesome feature to this hotel. Room was spacious and balcony room at Tower Block gives nice view of Batu Feringghi especially during the busy night where the the market is and calming early morning sea view.

Location and access to beach
    • Double Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

The room fit out is old, need to be refresh. Toilets looks old. The room was damp and carpet was a bit smelly. Water leaking from Air Cond and was keeping the floor wet. Son has rashes after sleeping overnight.

Location and access to beach

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good for short stay. Close to nice restaurants.
    • Twin Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

No air cond in the toilet in the foyer. No bathroom floor towel despite request for it. No on premise car park- had to park across the road and cross the busy road. The pool was not as user friendly...half the pool was too deep for average swimmers like us.

Location. Air cond in room.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Execellant at all
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Everything was perfect! We enjoyed our stay very much.. all the facilities and service provided was execellant! The hotel had also provided us a 1/2kg round cake for my husband's birthday. I am so grateful and happy about everything in Holiday Inn.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Happy and Fun.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The hotel may reduce a bit on the price per night as others hotel nearby (same rank) offer lower price.

The hotel is clean and nice. Recommend to others.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

A place near what you all need
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

1. Toilets are not clean in all times in the lobby areas and play lab. 2. Lobby has no air conditioning which is annoying during the noon. 3. Tools and equipment in the Gym are old and mostly broken.

1. I liked the facilities and related activities of the hotel. You don’t have to go anywhere else in order to have fun. 2. The Spa was amazing. 3. The view of my room.

Holiday inn was just a name of hotel.
    • King Room with Hill View - Ferringhi Tower

-Incomplete toiletries -Empty minibar -Additional payment for late check out -Rate given by booking.com is excluding the tax. -fire alarm strikes in the morning without any notice in advance, and scared me badly ! -sun leakage from curtain! Even though it’s closed. -didn’t get beach view as requested and been require for extra payment. -don’t simply book a hotel when you read a review ( friendly staff!), focus on your stay and own comfort, staff sometimes are counting their duty hours to finish to go home and it’s their duty for (siring and maming).

Need more improvement as 4 star hotel.
    • Double Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

The sound of cars is annoying. Ants is every inside room. They didn't accept the (late check-out) request for 1 hour!! Daily cleaning (house keepers) is very bad. The front beach is not clean.

Could have been better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The rooms were dated and quite dirty. Service was bad as items that were supposed to be replenished was forgotten and we had to always call for those items. Carpets was a bit dusty resulting in my son having difficulty breathing. The aircon is rather cold and can't be controlled. The bridge was under repair which makes it quite dangerous especially with kids to cross the roads to enjoy certain facilities. Beach is pretty disappointing.

Kids eat free and nice kids play areas.

Very pleasant.
    • King Room with Hill View - Ferringhi Tower

Pool and restaurant on opposite side, not much cope when it was pouring.

The Staff were great, think it was the manager and she was awesome.Nothing too much trouble. Didnt realise that hotels were on 2 sides of the street.Pool and restaurant on other side We stayed on Tower side, Manager offered to change for us, would have cost more but we decided to stay where we were. Rooms were big we were on the 9th floor, had a balcony with views of the water and the street life. Also a small clothesline where everything seemed to dry over night. Concierge was really helpfully. Breakfast not much cope if you are European but had a great all day menu. Would definitely go back.

False advertisement.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

It would help if the hotel was honest in disclosing the fact there were major maintenance taking place during our stay which was from 22 Oct - 24 Oct. For a price of RM1100 (tax included), I would choose other hotel because the pool was on the other building with the beach, cafe and everything else was much better facilitated on the main building as oppose to the 'feringgi tower'. Also, do invest in a little more on the lobby for more coverage area from rain etc. it was pouring the day we came in and due to the tiny awning everyone would get wet even to just get in our cars/cabs. The a/c in our room couldn't be controlled and such a nuisance that we had to get up from our beds every now and then to on and off the a/c cos it was getting to cold (it was raining heavily) I have an asthmatic daughter who couldn't stand too cold temp, so thanks Holiday Inn! The room wasn't cleaned when we got in, there were sticky stains on the side table from I reckon leftover food. I wouldn't recommend others nor come back to this place.

the breakfast was good.

The spa was amazing!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The resturant was incapable of handling orders which was slow and really disorganised. Lot of unclean tables, lack of staff and service.

The spa was amazing!

Great place to spend our holidays and the kids were very happy. hope to come back soon.
    • Double Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

Parking bays a bit far for beach wings guests.

The bedroom and living rooms were very comfortable. The lifts system using access card was good security. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Good lighting near beach areas at night.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Sandy Beach all activities are there.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The tower building was not connected with the sea front building since the bridge is under construction. Front Desk staff was not helpful. The tower building is far away from the sea and its not worth to pay extra money for it.

Sandy Beach all activities are there. Breakfast is good

Pathetic facilities at high cost
    • Twin Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

Argumentative receptionists. Late responding staff. Breakfast does not match the stars of the hotel. Provision of facilities in the room was pathetic. I will not use or recommend this chain of hotels again. Try to charge you much more than what they commit on the email.😡

Location only.

Good concept, but expected more!
    • Double Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

The breakfast menu as well as the overall setting for breakfast was quite off putting. Always crowded, which made it look as if they were understaffed to handle it. The food was just ok, and only went downhill when we ordered for omelettes. So oily! The room had a half choked wash basin, and the wooden part of the the room flooring was not polished, which made it look like the room was not well maintained.

We stayed in a double room in the beach wing with the sea view. The concept of a balcony with a clear view of the sea was quite exciting. The staff was generally courteous and helpful, except during breakfast rush hour (during which most of them looked flustered and impatient).

The location.

Nothing in particular.

The location. It is right where the night market starts. We got the 16th floor room at Ferringhi tower and the view was incredible.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location was good,breakfast is good.
    • Twin Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

Service was very poor.we had to ask 3 to 4 times for bottles of water & requested for dental kit but didn't supply.had to wait 45 minutes for bell boy while checking out.

Location was good,breakfast is good.

Penang 2018
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Breakfast not good. Very limited options. Front desk receptionist not cooperative.

Manager was very helpful. He upgraded the room and offered assistance to us.

Not bad for short stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Ants .Very old type of bathrooms need update for this property

Good enough but not clean as expected better in Asia do not expect for that value for money

ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The hotel was crowded with what seems like hundreds of middle easterners while the breakfast spread were indeed biased on that community alone. I stayed in Feringghi tower and the connecting bridge was not for used, big hassle,especially when we need to cross the road to go to the beach.

There were 2 huge teddy bear in our room which was adorable and the staffs were super helpful and friendly.

Great hotel i recommended

No thing

I stay 4 days it was great and breakfast good clean room comfortable safe the have so many activities out side in beach and inside I friendly staf

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Overpriced and bad experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The food in the hotel is expensive and low quality Random fire alarm triggers Staff response is not the best, once they brought double order

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

We are world traveller n Chosing Holiday Inn hotel are our 1st priority with world standard.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Beache are on door step but couldn’t swim at the beach due to jelly fish warning are all arnd the island.

Great location easy excess to everywhere. Food n nite market is on your door step. Staff are friendly n helpful. Reception area is huge n welcoming.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nocking at my door at 9.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Its location ovelooking a beatiful beach and being sorounded by night market made it even better. staff very cooperative.

Nocking at my door at 9.30am the day i to infotm me of check out, though i was already a day before extended my stay for one more day and check out expected not the day after and not before 12 midday

Nice location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

While we were about to check out, there are a few staff just standing without helping us to stuff all the bags into the car. They were just look at us? Really?

Nice location

Terrible manager in duty DASAN
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

we were treated really badly by the manager in duty : Dasan , he was indian and was very rude to us. he should not be in front of clients because he behaves in a very bad way. He kept saying to us that we can not ask for a better service because we booked a cheap room !!!! We booked a room with breakfast and when we arrived Dasan said we had to pay extra to get the breakfast . He also gave a small room with a view on garbage so we were obliged to pay extra to get a bigger room with a better view. which at the end we paid around 800 dollars more to get a bigger room for 4 nights.

Room was cleaned and comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Swimming pools are simple and bored.

Room was cleaned and comfortable. Staff are friendly. Good location and many restaurants nearby at walking distance.

The location good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

They have 2 buildings and when we reach there they told us we are in other building not on the beach side that so bad about them not clear about these buildings in their description of the hotel

The location good

Breakfast is excellent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Bathroom is not clean or maintained Broken faucets Carpet needs cleaning with soap & water No indoor pool

Breakfast is excellent Location is very good

Look for another hotel, this one is very old and used
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The hotel had better times, the rooms and facilities are old. TV screen quality is bad and the channel selection isn't that great either. The breakfast water is smelly, cups are smelly aswell. water has a weird taste to it. once they only cleaned half the room and left the other half as is. The bath room is full of ants. They never cleaned our inroom water cups.

My kids 3/4yo had fun, alot of it actually at the 0.5m pool. however, the 1m+ pool is occupied by grown ups at all the time. The beach is nice, swimming isn't allowed in it however the activited near it are nice(they are not provided by the hotel).

Excellent, fun and engaging!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The room looks a little worn out at places, time for a refurbishment maybe?

I stayed for 2 nights in a standard double room in ferringhi tower. I am generally satisfied with the room condition. Room service is excellent. Staffs are very helpful. Breakfast is good, but not much variety. Had a great time playing table tennis and pool at the hotel. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy in the hotel itself. Overall, I would highly recommend it for families and even group of friends.

Comfortable bed, great swimming pool and facilities around,...
    • Triple Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

Crowded breakfast. Avoid peak times! Beach isn't that good. Unclear water with jellyfish going around and a lot of jetskies and boats too close to the beach.

Comfortable bed, great swimming pool and facilities around, breakfast with a lot of choices between western and asian food, private access to the beach, restaurants nearby the hotel

The room is too expensive for stay
    • Twin Room with Sea View - Ferringhi Tower

The room old and have price like other international famous hotel.

That indian staff very rude n using high voice.the way shes act like we didnt have money.

OK but not Holiday Inn standards.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

They charged extra money for the room without a valid reason. Certainly doesn't meet a Holiday Inn experience. They don't try and help people who don't speak good English.

Great place to stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

A little expensive with breakfast not included - it was very busy though, fully booked.

Excellent location. Large, comfortable, clean rooms, friendly staff.

Overall good

Too much food was wasted by middle Eastern guests at breakfast. Management to come up with ideas to reduce this . Have a bird feeding station near the beach with good scraps as pigeons disturbing guests at breakfast time

Overall the property was good interns of service and location

Visited penang 4 or 5 times.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Visited penang 4 or 5 times. I always stay @ Holiday inn. Best location in my opinion. Close to restaurants & night market. Rooms are clean. Service is quick. Breakfast is good and affordable. Staff are cooperative. They helped me getting two interconnected rooms. Wifi is good even on the beach. Hotel team calls every day to check if everything is ok. I enjoyed every moment in this hotel.

My 1st experience.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The room I stay is likes in the fridge... from the moment I step in the room until check up, I never switch on air con but the room is cold enough... even surround wall of the room and floor is wet (over cold enough)...

My 1st experience...

Definitely will come back
    • Twin Room with Sea View - Ferringhi Tower

I think might consider placed person incharge at noodle counter, it is hot and dangerous.

Clean, friendly staf, night market just infront of hotel, variety of brkfst choice

Awesome stay, great location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

I love the location of the resort. The night market is right infront of the hotel. Money changer and mini mart as well. Located at the beach front, it makes things even easier after spending some time at the beach all covered in sand and knowing that your room is just a few steps away. Although the hotel is relatively old, it does give that nostalgic feel too. Breakfast selection is also fantastic. A good spread and menu changes almost everyday. The hotel staff were great. They are friendly and helpful too.

Perfect for Family vacay! loved it!

Loved everything about it. The facilities is superb! Came with my family, with kids, and we enjoyed the facillities for kids. The Comfort of bed is just too comfy! We recommend those with kids to stay here!

Superb!

Parking a bit far.

We like it very much especially breakfast and kids club .My kids love it very much. All staff at here very fiendly.Valueble for money

I will return for my next beach vacation. Worth my money.
    • Twin Room with Sea View - Ferringhi Tower

i didn't expect my room is a smoking room.

The bed was so comfortable and thank you for arranging sea view at high floor. Room was very clean. The location was strategic, surrounded with many restaurants and accessible to beach. Plus, the starbucks next to it. Katrina was friendly upon assisting the check out.

Staff problems...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Before I checked in was request to check out at 1pm-2pm through Booking.com Apps and the email returned with the status Approved. At the day of check out the reception call up and said I'm late check out and there will be an extra charge on it. I told her I was already request it before check in but she keep on saying that Booking.com was third party apps and the approval was not acceptable.

Comfort bed!

a good relaxing break for us
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

The buffet breakfasts was not up to international hotel standard.

Friendly staff, location is normally very accessible [but Hari Raya created a lot of traffic congestion which is not the fault of the hotel management]

Nice hotel - albeit a little hiccups along the way
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

When I first arrived at the hotel, none of the bell boys bothered helping me to open the car door as well as helping me to pull out my luggage. Not quite why - perhaps my brother drove a proton. Please treat all your hotel guests equally. Aside from that, when I first arrived at the cafe anxiously looking for food, none of your staff bothered us. It took me a while to catch one of your staff's attention as we instinctively went over to the long table - but was later then stopped by this staff as there were only two of us and we were told to sit in the indoor area. I observed that there is a small group of Asian looking travellers who had also occupied the long table who had . I feel discriminated - perhaps I looked too local. Don't assume that locals cannot spend - treat them as nice as you treat other overseas travellers.

I like that the staff has upgraded my selection from a standard to a premium room with seaview.

great stay by the beach
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

Have to walk across road to the main building where the swimming pool, beach n restaurant situated.

The room is big n value for money. Beds are comfy. Facilities are good, especially the pool n snooker game n ping pong.

room satisfactory. Facility satisfactory.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Ferringhi Tower

your breakfast is alittle let down. I noticed flies all over the food . Also birds scourging the cafe serving breakfast.

without doubt the bed is comfy.

Most frendlies place i have ever stayed and i will be back. Eceptional Place to stay.
    • Double Room with Sea View - Beach Wing

Only one thing No Bacon For Breakfast.

Every thing. 1.The check-in staff very friendly people on problems, 2.The restaurant staff very good and know their job, 3.Kitchen staff excellent I had diner one night and my lamb was under cooked I told them and the head chief took it away and re did my order and came and apologised as he was training a new young chief not a problem we all had to start some where and the meal was excellent, 4.House keeping staff are excellent, 5.My favourite was the pool bar staff wonderful people they would have a chat when not busy and I never run short of a liquid refreshment, and to Faruk, Zamri, Rosli, Thiva, Azrin and Jiven thank you very much for helping make our holiday a good one. And finally the grounds people and the boys that hand out the pool towel's top job people. I will be back Cheers Steve.

The parking.
    • Twin Room with Hill View - Beach Wing

The parking.. it just takes too much time in that busy road to park and Uturn to come back to the lobby. I feel there should be something done about it. Or have 2 lobbies so that it’s convenient for people using the 2 different spaces.

Browse Holiday Inn Resort Penang traveller photo gallery