Reviews of Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre 5 stars

#89 of 553 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Good hotel choice
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hope there will be promotion for this hotel. location is good. hotel facilities is good. the staff are friendly. next time i will still go for this hotel again.

The ambience and facilities are nice. the staff are friendly. and the hotel location is ideal to the place i looking for. Next time i will go for this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Great hotel in Kuala
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The restaurants in the hotel were two overpriced. I didn’t like the payment process. When I initially booked this hotel a couple months ago, the bill was to be paid when we got to the hotel. I’m not sure what happened but the hotel cancelled this and when it was rebooked they took the money straight away which could have been a problem if I didn’t use a credit card. We couldn’t turn down the AC so we would come in from the heat and then put on jumpers when in the room. When we were checking in, other guest was complaining that he had asked for his room to be cleaned & bins emptied and nothing was done. We experienced this as well. The cleaning was inconsistent, some things were done and others overlooked. The bin in the room was emptied but not in the bathroom, took away my complementary slippers but not my friends, didn’t give us toilet roll or coffee/tea. When I asked for toilet roll told that I couldn’t just be given the roll but a member of staff would bring it up in ten mins and it never happened. Entrance of room was vacuumed but not entire room.

Hotel was far enough from the chaos. I don’t remember the name of street but there is a very busy ‘street food’ street that we didn’t know was there until we came out the east wing exit. But it close enough to walk to and get good cheap food. The hotel was soo big, room size was big, had enough space for both of us to do some yoga in. Beds were good, not quite double but bigger than a single bed. Can see the Kuala Lumpur tower, Pavilion Shopping Mall about 10mins away. Really good transport location Raja Chulan metroline across the street, can get you to KL Sentral for 2.40 MYR. There isn’t a schedule/ timetable for when the little metroline train arrives, which is fine if you haven’t got to be anywhere at a particular time. Get the ‘Grab’ App people (Malaysia’s Uber). Hotel was in great location and got taxis within 5mins every time. Cost 9MYR and took less than 10mins to get to Centrel Markets

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

1.the location is awesome.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1.air-conditioner in my room is not working during our stay 2.small fridge inside the room totally not working 3.late response from house keeping when request for iron and iron board.It takes me more than 2 hours and I have to make 2nd called to them to check the status of my request

1.the location is awesome.walking distance to nearest tourist attractions 2.staff were friendly and always smile

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Not worth the extra spending for the pool,steambath and breakfast. There are many other selections.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

An old and run down hotel with minimal maintenance. Towels and pillows are grayish white and not comfortable, toilet water basin outlets partially blocked. Buffet Breakfast does not deserved high rating as shown in Booking.com (many questionable comments), local food is tasty but not so much varieties for international. Stayed for 3 nights, observed not much changes in food provided. Also, the Indian restaurant supervisor with white shirt is very stern and he controls guests on the selection of food, even tried to stop me from taking milk at the coffee machine station for my tea !! When I told him about smelly cups at the coffee machine station, I was surprised he said it was just the coffee smell !

Selectively good breakfast, mainly for local food, very limited varieties in Cheese (only 1 type) and quality breads. Swimming pool and steam bath.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Happy weekend in KL !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Too much AC in the breakfast area, we were freezing

Thank you to the staff who were so diligent : my bag was lost by airline and they followed up on it until it appeared and was delivered to my door. Thank you so much !! Nice yummy breakfast Nice room with great bathroom Good location, by taking the nearby passerelle you will reach the towers Exceptional wifi The staff was just wonderful

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

excellent place with a touch of glorious design located in...

nothing at all!

excellent place with a touch of glorious design located in the centre of the city! the hospitality of the hotel is excellent! breakfast has plenty of choices and there's nothing to complaint about! :D

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Excellent.. Awsome
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff very friendly.. Espcly the one who s attending the customers at the restaurant.. Couldnt recall the name but an indian man.. But the others are friendly and helpfull too. Thum up.. Tq for everything..

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Will happily book again!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

For me it was a great location. The staff were very friendly & helpful. I personally think the room looked better in person than the photo's online so I was very happy & impressed.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great Hotel

The Handle on door broke. Maybe my wife was too hard on it. 😂

Everything was good. Nice caring staff, excellent service, best location near everything.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel food is Very basic and the room is and decor is old. It's time to upgrade..but overall value for money

The people and staff is very friendly and helpful.location and carpark the swimming pool but little run out...

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Amazing location and facilities despite the hotel is old but...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Amazing location and facilities despite the hotel is old but everything is functional, staff are super polite and helpful, Rozi in reception helped us so much and gave us complementary cake and fruits for our wedding anniversary, Walking distance to party street Changkat

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Mr Razi was very good and very halpful
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Mr Razi was very good and very halpful The beakfast was good .No fresh juice. But every things available Management staffs in Resiption were all good

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Loved My stay overall which was great
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff should have told us about the city tour being a waste of money. Driver was too busy taking us to outlets to try and get us to buy things for his commission. Not what we wanted. Actually there is nothing in the city...quite boring at least where we went when the driver realised we didn’t want to buy anything. Horrible experience.

The location, cleanliness and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Location, lobby, staff were excellent.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms are quite dated and are in urgent need of attention. Carpets are worn out, furnitures are of the by gone era , bathroom fittings are falling apart.

Location, lobby, staff were excellent. Also, offered early check in at no additional costs. Cannot fault them in their desire to have a happy customer. Room sizes are a definite plus.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Recent visit to KL
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

The overall appearance of hotel. The hotel badly needs renovation. Some of the staffs are uncoorperative. Service was poor. I would not come back again to this hotel. Food and beverages so expensive.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Very happy to stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location, steps from lively Bukit bintang street and Raja chulan monorail station. In city center, KlCC, Pavilion mall, Time square and others attractions is around hotel and steps away only. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Loopy is very wide, beautiful and quite. Room size is much enough. Bathrooms is very good. Bed is comfortable. Breakfast is amazing and have different choices frim east and west sides. Vegetarian has more options as well in breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Disappointing but passable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was tired, and lacked warm touches such as pictures on the wall etc. Grubby curtains and not the cleanest, though not terrible. Overall I would describe this place as somewhere that has seen better days. There are better options at this price nearby.

I chose this place for the location and because it had a pool, and in those respects it lived up to expectations. It's right next to a skytrain station, and 5-10 minutes walk from the Bukit Bintang bar and restaurant area. The pool was nice, including the poolside bar. The staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Spacious and clean.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location- not easy to get a grab or taxi and you would stuck in the traffic on the way there

Spacious and clean. Some of the staff are friendly and helpful (especially this one malay bellboy - cannot remember the name and the manager)

bad experience really it doesn't deserve 5 stars at all
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the reception attitude was very bad , no porters no welcome the receptionist is sending you to his college very old furniture

only the location at the centre of the town

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was a total disappointment. Not much variety and taste was so so only. Sad to say that even stalls serve better nasi lemak and mee goreng.

The bathroom was amazing!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

It was a nice stay, but quite expensive. I would go back if I am not on a tight budget.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They charge tourism tax which is 10RM per night and Sales service Tax which is 18RM per night. So don't expect that the price in the booking app is all you have to pay. Breakfast buffet has only one menu for 60RM per day.

The hotel's location is near to a lot of restaurants, malls, shops, streetfood and it is walking distance from the Petronas towers and KL tower.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

excellant hotel but bad communication Booking.com
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Booking.com always says that my Visa wont be deducted during the booking and I only have to pay cash on my arrival date; but this is Not true, as you find out as soon as you check in that your Visa was deducted abd can not pay cash as you planned. This is happening with me with all hotels !!! This creat confusion and discomfort for the customers; and hope to resolve it quick.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

It was fit for purpose , and hotel have great breakfast but room service is terrible .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room service and calls from room were not addressed at all . I asked for water bottles which I never received . They never picked up my phone from room to front desk for any help at 9:30 PM .

Breakfast was lavish and too many types of nice food items with great service at restaurant. Hotel location is great . Front desk staff seems to be polite at the time of check in . Hotel is big and rooms are also big. Some rooms have view of twin towers as well . They gave us a room of view of twin towers at 15th floor .

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good, with an EXELLENT BREAKFAST with so many choice !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was not so clean, i stay 3 nights there, and during this 3 nights some hair was on the floor ..

The breakfast 😍 was sooooo good ! Soooo much choice ! That was the best point of this hotel

Time to get Pampered
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

The lifts were rather slow. There should be one dedicated to this Lounge. The hotel feels a little dated, as there doesn't seem to be any electrical plug points in the Lounge (at least I didn't see any) to charge my phone. There was only 1 free plug point in the room that was not dedicated to the TV or kettle. There was no dedicated (drinks) menu for afternoon tea, nor evening cocktails.

It was my first time booking a slightly "posh" room with access to the infamous Club Lounge, and because the company was footing the bill, I decided to pamper myself. Little did I know that the extra RM100 made such a difference! The only time I had an encounter with the normal check-in counter was when I arrived, and within 2 minutes, I was whizzed to the Lounge for check-in, which took quite a while actually, but we were seated the entire time. There was a mixup with the booking (I mentioned specifically when booking that I wanted a Non-Smoking Room, but somehow that message didn't go across), but that was rectified without a problem. Everything else went smoothly, with a staff escorting us to the room, bearing a plate of fruits. I had breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails (all complimentary) at the lounge, which exuded great ambience, not to mention the a la carte meals in addition to the normal buffet items. Staff were attentive, friendly, and top notch! The one who checked me in on the first day, was constantly checking up on me when I was at the Lounge, always ready to go out of his way to help make my stay even better than it already was. All in all, a truly great (albeit short) two days there. Would certainly come back and will of course opt for this room type :)

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Overall is the best choice
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

For 5 star hotel should be fridge full of snacks and drinks, i suggest to improve fridge

- Staff is very kindness and helpful - Rich and tasty breakfast buffet - Location is amazing to close for several main attraction such as KL tower, Petronas twin tower, Suria KLCC, Aquaria ... etc, and close to many restaurants with different categories and shops - Every night live music with kindness singer in the lobby - Comfortable and relax atmosphere

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Excellent!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Clean room, good location in city centre. Walking distance to Pavillion and eateries. We stayed for 3 nights in Room 1309 where we had a view of KLCC from our window!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Clean your toilets.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Toilets are unkept. Filthy.looks like no one is cleaning it. Specially the toilets in the function hall area. Basement.

I like the location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

A good conference venue in KL downtown
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

The temperature in the hotel (either in the conference room or in my room) is too low and it looks like unadjustable. The traveler's tax and service tax is a little expensive.

The hotel location is convenient for shopping at Pavillon center and Twin tower (walking distance). The room is spacious and the rate is good. The facility is a little old (toilet & air conditioner) but generally acceptable and clean. The conference rooms are very good. The bathroom functioned well (no water splashing or leaking out), and the shower supplied efficient water.

Great location for a good hotel that seems to be stuck in the 70s
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms itself appear very dated, in particular, the bathroom. It feels like a 5-star hotel from the 70s, which has a certain charm, but the look of the bathroom is perhaps not on par with what you would expect from a hotel these days. However, the water was warm and strong, so no complaints about that. The mattress was also comfortable. The check-in and check-out process could be a lot more efficient and smoother. If you are lucky enough that there is no other guest at reception, you should be fine, in all other circumstances, expect to wait.

The hotel is located within the Bukit Bintang area of Kuala Lumpur, which means you will have a great and easy access to a lot of night time entertainment and restaurants. The Jalan Alor Food Nightmarket is also really close by, as well as several malls. So overall, this is a really good location to explore Kuala Lumpur. The porters were very friendly and helpful. We were only there for a one-night stay, so we did not try many of the amenities.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Hotel Istana is a convenient, with added luxury, place to stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's too bad that the pool closes early but I have nothing really negative to say about the hotel.

Bed was so comfy! the bathroom was so spacious and clean. Room service is excellent, they clean the room very well. Also the reception was very accommodating, most especially the doormen and security who were kind enough to help us with directions. The location is perfect! It is near everything... from malls, Petronas tower, China Town, food market, spas, Central Market and train stations!

Its really nice.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didt like because of view. I think it's klcc view but its pool view

Its really nice. The hotel I like very much and the staff Indian 2 girls very friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

A pretty great way to rest between flights.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Long wait for lifts at busy times

I was just on a 14 hour layover between flights but I would have happily stayed longer. Great location, right next to a monorail station, and a short walk from Bukit Bintang. Room was large and perfectly clean, bathroom seemed recently renovated. Great view of Petronas Towers. Overall I think it was worth the extra travel time to/from the airport.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

This awesome hotel is highly recommended for those who care about cleanliness and the locations
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the only thing we did not like about was cutting off of water for 2 times, but it solved fast!

the romantic design of our bed with flowers, service minded staff, perfect locations, cleanliness, great breakfast, nice pool, good internet

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

-there is small lobby and you can't enjoy in the main lobby as you have to pay for drink in case you want to set there. -I pay more than what I got. -the room is dated, the bed not comfort.

-Location, very close to the shopping area and night life about 8 mint. walking. -Swimming pool in right size and you can enjoy tanning and swimming. -breakfast is 7.5/10. -the room size.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Long waiting time to get to check in and check out Fridge doesn’t work and when they changed it still didn’t work Things in the room are too old

Reasonable value for money in a great location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I thought the place was a little tired - also the staff at reception were busy - but just didn't seem to get through the waiting clients - so waited too long to get served.l

the breakfast buffet and ambiance was awesome - outside near lawn and pool.l

Very good and very happy

It was all very good

It is a good 4 star hotel that gave us very comfortable accomodation and food and is very conveniently located. Good access to transport.

Very Good Experience Overall
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Short stay of 2 nights. Management were very helpful with helping me amend the booking prior to arrival, which was appreciated. Staff were extremely polite, friendly and accommodating.

Graat hotel, with great staff!
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

The bedsheets should be spotless, unfortunately the clean sheets had some old coffee spots, the sheets were clean, but the spots gave the idea of not being that clean.

The staff! Especially from the restaurant, such friendly and lovely people. A few staff names: Saiful, Kalai, Mizan, Amy, Najwan , Valentina, Murugamal, Mariani , Soo Yee, Rubie, Vadhi and Helal.

Dirty and expensive
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

The hotel is rated 5* on Booking, which I highly doubt it reflects the reality, or maybe the Malaysian stars for hotels uses a different measurement system. The room was an unsuccessful attempt to look renovated, with a lot of old wooden accesories, painted as if someone would haunt the painter in every room, with its eyes covered. And that probably happened 20-30 years ago. Have a look at the photos to understand :) The photos of the rooms on Booking do not reflect the reality.

The breakfast was good. The view to the Petronas Towers was probably the only interesting thing in the room.

The fawlty towers experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Firstly the entrance and concierge service is the only thing to like. As after this the horror begins. So rather than a essay I will list it. 1. 50 shades of white paint all over hotel. 2. Worn and tired bedroom. 3. Toilet so low down you have to squat to sit on. 4. Carpet so dirty in room that my socks were jet black after 20 minutes of being in the room 5. Bed linen was ripped and had holes in it. 6. The baby cot was so used and battered it was a death trap. So overall do not book here, I checked out after 2 days and booked in park Royal suites around the corner which is a real 5* and worlds apart.

Beside entrance, buffet breakfast and lounge nothing.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Stay ONLY for the location and a grand feel upon entering (i.e. the Lobby)
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old hotel resting on its laurels and not even providing the basics expected of a 3-Star hotel these days. Guestroom corridors are horrific, room furnishings have aged beyond any depreciation schedule, paint peeling from the bathroom walls, towels must have been washed a few thousand times each, no bathrobe or iron provided... the list goes on!

Staff are well-trained and courteous. Breakfast is good. Location is superb

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Concierge makes this hotel amazing
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

We were checked into the wrong room type (We booked tower view), but the man on concierge was so happy and helpful. He fixed it right away.

The man in concierge was so happy, helpful and friendly. He made the hotel awesome!! I'm so sad I didn't get his name to share.

I and my wife enjoyed staying in Hotel Istana Excellent Staff, Nice Location and well accessible
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent Staff, Nice Location and well accessible all the important places like Shopping, Transport, varieties of food restaurants and very nice breakfast at this Hotel Istana!

Excellent location, Friendly and professional staff, amazing...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, Friendly and professional staff, amazing service. Delicious food at the restaurant The experience was way above our expectations.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

It was good overall.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some of the beddings and towels are old and could be replaced. The carpet too.

Fast checkin and checkout. The housekeeper cleaned the room daily and replenished water and toiletries.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

grounds of the hotel were lovely.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the room was totally out dated. horrible smell of old wooden furniture. needs a renovation badly.

grounds of the hotel were lovely. breakfast was awesome. location excellent

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Had to change the hotel after one night!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noisy air conditioner, horrible toilet/ bathroom- painted white recently to cover up the old tiles with foot prints.

Nothing to choose. The hotel has been running down over the years. Outside and ground floor may be attractive but the building needs through renovation.

Great staff,, bad facilities
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very very old. The furniture is as old as the hotel. Aside from the lobby, this hotel doesn't qualify for more than 3 stars. Nothing in the room is up to 5 stars hotel level.

Staff were extremely helpful. We were disappointed with the rooms as they are all very old. They upgraded us to a suite which slightly better than the room. However it still didn't qualify for 5 stars hotel. Location was good though.

Very kind and quite time spend in this hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They should provide defferent kind of food for all customers

Very nice place and good area and you can recieve your visitor easly and every things is near the hotel

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

4 Stars
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old poor room , 4 star hotel not.5 stars at all , need to imvest more in room paintings & bathrooms , room devices not well maintained as refregerator for example was not working

Location , Breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The location was very good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The building is dated seems much older the other hotel of the same category in the area, needs an extensive refurbishment program

The location was very good. Walking distance to the shopping and eating districts

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Staff were very helpful and courteous.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The air condition unit in room 1720 made the room smell damp. Lighting was also a bit dim.

Staff were very helpful and courteous. Beautiful hotel, and the breakfast was excellent!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great location, great staff!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although dated but it’s fine. They’re slowly upgrading the hotel.

Location and large lounge area which is quite grand. Excellent customer service from all staffs. They made you feel like you’re number one!!! I’m booking for my next trip to malaysia as we speak and will be staying here again...

Hotel Istana
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not so modern. Buffet breakfast so full and crowded. The person making roti canai was rude. In the end I didn't get the egg prata I requested

Great location. Housekeeping were very helpful. Good bathroom

Only good thing was the view.
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

The room wasn't clean when we checked in. It looked tidy, but when you actually look, it's nasty. I was 100% sure the sheets were used before and wasn't washed. I could see stains and hair all over the bed and pillow cases, as well as the tub and bathroom floor. The toilet looked nasty. The floor had hair pins from the past resident. (It wasn't removed through out our whole stay) I asked them to clean it next morning (I arrived late first day and was too tired to change the room) .. They didn't clean it. Although it looked good again from far. There were stains and hair still. It was only on the last day they changed the sheets, but no cleaning the floor. Ps: I stayed three days only. One day the room was clean. Never again.

The location was just great. The view was very good. But that's about it. The manager was a very nice woman.

Breakfast was very good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No shower at the pool. Washroom was dirty at the pool. Overall cleanliness can be improved. Lift is slightly unstable.

Breakfast was very good. Room size is big. Washroom size is also big. Lobby is grand.

it was a good stay both at the hotel and visit to the KL towers and the city malls
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

At breakfast, there is no order at serving tables. Its like ants trying to find their own level, each one bumping into each other and oh lord, it was not good. Also the international TV channels are only limited to BBC. More channels need to be added like CNN, skynews and English premier channels

The lobby , night music and architectural structure of the building and the staff-very good

Excellent location,great staff BAD maintenance
    • Deluxe Room with Twin Tower View

The furnishings are really dated. Bathroom tiles are painted on instead of replacing them and the paint had peeled off. There is mould in bathroom in few places I stayed in room 1025 and have taken pictures

Location, Specious of room, Variety of BF , Comfortable bed...
    • Suite with Club Lounge Access

Old Furniture, Air Returns diffuser totally full of dust in the bathroom need to be maintained periodically

Location, Specious of room, Variety of BF , Comfortable bed and pillows, Staff

Super great and convenient
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is magnificent and staff are extremely helpful. I love the buffet. The gym is terrific, the steam room and sauna are a real plus! Sports bar located on the lobby floor is super convenient. Bukit Bingtan is just a 5 minutes walk. This hotel is very close to all the major shopping outlets and dinning areas.

The one good thing about it they upgrade the room from...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bedsheets old and not clean and it had a bad smell , it’s too old and even the towels and bathrobe damaged and old too , furniture and bathrooms very old! I don’t like it at all.

The one good thing about it they upgrade the room from normal to suite for zero rate

5 star service. Super value for money
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

There was an unavoidable circumstance that i mentioned thru email sent to Booking.com and we both agree to have our stay moved but when we arrived, it wasnt followed.

The breakfast spread at Taman Sari

NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There are queues everywhere in the hotel: a long queue in front of check-in and check-out desks which takes about 30-40 mins to check in or out, elevator queue, breakfast queue... We bumped into other guests while taking our breakfast, it was very crowded. There was nowhere to sit to have breakfast but finally we could be seated somewhere next to toilets! Members of the staff cannot manage overcrowd. We arrived at the hotel around 4-5 pm which is quite fine for check-in but our room was not available since the staff let a quest stay for late check-out in our room! They advised us to hang around in the city for a few hours and come back around 7-8 pm so that if late check out guests decide to evacuate the room then we "might" check in "our room which we booked weeks in advance!". So, they earned money because of late check out and also earned money out of us by giving us another room which was not comfortable just randomly available! The members of staff are very rude that they almost tell us off even because of their mistakes! I advise the guests who are thinking of booking in this hotel to book a hotel in another five star hotel since there is not much difference in costs of the hotels. This hotel costs us around 90 USD whereas there were 5 stars world-wide eminent hotels like Shangri La for 120 USD. Try different hotels!

NOTHING !!!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our phone was stolen by an apparent pick pocketer whilst standing in line at checkin. Check in only had one staff member and we were standing there for more than half an hour waiting. The process was slow. Staff were not overly helpful regarding the phone - we filled out an incident report form but then were not allowed a copy. Facilities are old but sufficient. Breakfast was good.

Recommended option to stay in the heart of KLCC.

Nothing to complain.

This is a large hotel. At the time it was built it could have been a 5 star hotel, and still is very good and maintenance is keeping the place up. The value for money is among the best in KLCC. Excellent location, close to shopping, business, restaurants and nightlife. Very large rooms and bathrooms.

We were very satisfied and happy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Despite the good hotel cleanliness, a renovation is needed: {rooms painting, new bedding sets, duvet and pillow covers). Kids found the swimming pool water cold

Relaxing ambient, very experienced and gentle staff. Great breakfast and comfortable bed & pillows. Excellent location, the hotel is at a walking distance from twin towers, Menara tower and pavilion shopping centre

Still A Favourite in KL
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some fittings in the room and toilets are a little dated and needs changing.

Staff was fantastic as always, their service is impeccable. Location is great and the hotel breakfast is pretty good as well.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms need a definite upgrade. Comfortable room but old furniture and bathroom was very old. Still clean though.

Location is perfect. Walking distance to great restaurants, bars, markets and shops.

Choose this with no hesitation.
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

Simply it was more than expectation. From KL Sentral, I paid 22 RM for a taxi, this traditional hotel is located along a big street. Within 3 min by walking, you'll arrive to the Pavilion. Markedly cheaper than other major hotels, but you'll not find any complaints.

Thanks for home away from home
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room smelt of smoke The batteries in torch on the wall have corroded an it doesn’t work

The staff always had a smile on the faces and were very helpful

Helpful and Friendly Staff
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

The service provided by the staff at the lounge was exceptional Azitan, Irma, Shakun and Safarina worked as a team to make sure our stay was pleasant and comfortable. Each evening we were greeted with friendly smiles and helpful hints about sights to visit and places to see. A big thank you to Safarina who went out of her way to help us find and give us directions to get Tamarind Springs which is a nice restaurant out of the city

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

For a nice and safe place to stay during your trip to KL.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The daily breakfast is a repeated menu , its boring and fed up.

The location and facilities offer is the main objectives. Will recommend this property to anyone traveling to KL Malaysia

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Would recommend Istana Hotel to anyone...its location is very convenient.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

only on 2 occassions housekeeping did our rooms late .....

Friendly staff very good customer service, especially the concierge porter. We had a late checkin and was glad the restaurant was still open so we could have something to eat. Breakfast was excellent with wide variety to choose from

Browse Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre traveller photo gallery