Reviews of Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place 4 stars

No. 1 Jalan Ampang Hilir, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

• One Bedroom Suite

Check-in for few days, last days jus realised we entitle for a breakfast, and request minireal water they want to charge on last days, what about our breakfast!???? Which is they should Inform about this, come on its jus a minireal water

Privacy

• Two Bedroom Suite

Your staff from a to z were very helpful & courteous. Only your lounge on 12th floor was very disappointing. It is not at all a lounge, as we understand. You need to think of upgrading the same. No snacks?? Not even a glass of beer. May be you cld provide at cost.

• Special Offer - One Bedroom Suite

Found found leftover (maybe bread) behind the night cabinet. A few lights didn't work and they say they would look into it. Stayed forv5 days. No changes. No swimming pool too. Under renovation. So had to walk to the close by residence for swimming. TV in bedroom too small so we never used it. Couldn't open the windows. It was locked.

Nice room. Comfy. Got everything we need. Overall great stay close to embassies.

• One Bedroom Suite

My room came with breakfast and it lacks options of food. But I’m not sure if it’s because of the Sahoor time (as I went to sahoor at 5am instead of the usual hour) or if it’s really what they serve in the morning. But I really hope that they can improve on the variety of breakfast in the near future as I’m sure I’m going back to the hotel again.

The suite where they’d placed my husband & I was excellent. It was perfect for 2 people & the space was bigger than expected for such a price! I had the best experience at the hotel & the staff were friendly & were more than happy to help us when we need any help. The suite was well-placed with classy interior & it serves really good private time for family time and anyone who needs it.

• Two Bedroom Suite

Air-conditioning has a problem, can't get colder despite adjusting the temperature. Not much choices for breakfast menu. Not as depicted in the photos. Sharp, corroded little spikes of metals on carpet leading to the toilet.

Big size. Nice layout of room.

• One Bedroom Suite

I have been here few times already. Considered as FAVORITE! but this time around, i was given a room which kinda old school style. Dont mind about that but it just that too many cockroaches!! Like everywhere. Even the pipe in toilet need to be fixed!

Location and privacy is at best! The staff was friendly and smooth check in and checkout! Breakfast was changed into sahor for the muslim from 5.00 to 5.45! What a great point for that! Variety of menu eventhough it was early morning

• One Bedroom Suite

The pool was closed for renovations but they allow access at the condo building next door, a short walk away.

We loved the one bedroom suite. It's very large and has big windows. The balconies are locked and you cannot use them, unfortunately. The staff are extremely courteous. After check out, they allowed us to use the gym and showers and provided towels and soap, etc....

Lounge furniture not comfy

The suite is comfortable with a pleasant view. The decor is pleasing and restful.The room is quiet and peaceful.Worthy of price.

• One Bedroom Suite

The bath tub doesn't hold water. I kept the tab running to fill it up and once filled I turned it off and went out for about 15 mins and I came back to an empty tub. Wasted a bottle of bubble bath cream. The night curtain fell down at 3am during a thunderstorm outside. Tried to fix it. Failed. So I kept on waking up due to the now and then lightning glare.

Croissants was nice. Staff too.

• One Bedroom Suite

the pool was under construction

the rooms are spacious, the staff is very helpful. Moreover the staff gave us an extra cart for our daughter and that too for free. The place is nice, the kitchen and complimentary utensils in the kitchen are very helpful

• One Bedroom Suite

Bathrooms fittings and TVs need replacement and some amount of renovation .... having said that despite every thing awesome sitcom and very comfortable beds

Nice property nice rooms

• Duta One Bedroom Suite

Some of the suites are starting to look a little tired and may need a makeover in the near future.

The cleaning staff are very helpful and receptive to special requests.

• One Bedroom Suite

The food and the suite carpet. Suggest to change the entire room carpet as too dirty. N pls improve the food.

They upgrade the suite from one bedroom to two bedrooms suite and it was so spacious. The kids love the hotel so much. The suite the bedroom. The mattress is so confy and so do the pillows. Bathtub and toilet is clean.

• Duta One Bedroom Suite

Their extra bed feels like a rock! I had a back pain of it ! Breakfast is small Comparing to the hotel size! Their coffee is terrible! Hope they change it

I like their free parking lot! I love the TV and balcony! Service and stuff is quick and great

• Two Bedroom Deluxe SUite

Old furniture. AIR CONDITIONING BROKEN in Master Bedroom very hot. Kids have to sleep on sofa. Swimming pool under maintenance not mentioned earlier.

Very spacious room. Close to main attractions. Quiet area. Nil traffic close to hotel.

• One Bedroom Suite

Maybe the reception area need some enhancement. The reception area is quite small despite of the lobby is very large.

Everything is just perfect. The room is so big and spacious, very suitable for family. They provided almost everything; iron with board, kitchen utensils, etc. Very satisfied with the service! The breakfast is also nice.

• One Bedroom Suite

when I open the door for 1st time, its smell like someone smoking in the room. smell smoky. coz I asked for room with no smoking area. the pillow and bedsheet not change I think. coz its smell like someone else.

• One Bedroom Suite

The swimming pool was closed and I was not informed about during check-in otherwise i would have not stayed at the hotel..they had an alternative but was at a residential area close by and it wasnt good at all

Location is ok, there are some good resturants around the hotel and a supermarket right behind it.. 20 min walk to the city centre via Jalan Ampang or 5min drive by taxi or bus..Area is surrounded by Embassies

• Two Bedroom Suite

The heater has to on the time if not there will be no hot water. No hotel slippers provided. The wooden floor can be very cold in the morning.

The breakfast spread is good and God the crossaint is awesome. Must try. The rooms are big and spacious. Suits family or couple with kids. We stay in two bedroom suites. Definitely worth the money. There is no need to fight for the bathrooms. Location is great. Near to the kl centre. Too bad the view is blocked by one tall building. If not you can see the KLCC.

• One Bedroom Suite

Pretty much same breakfast everyday. They should change the variety.

Huge size rooms with separate living room area. Situated in a posh location where all the embassies are. We stayed here for 3 nights and we truly liked this place.

• One Bedroom Suite

there was a deal in checking in and rates We had booked through bookings but they did not have my booking fork your site when we arrived and that cease delay of half an hour

• One Bedroom Suite

1.Total nett payment wasn't provided. Thus we were almost unprepared. 2. The aircond was too noisy for both the living room and bed room.

The interior and setup

• Two Bedroom Suite

the furniture is a bit old school, however during our visit to the property they seem to be having an upgrading to one of the floor. So presumably its going to get newer furniture

The rooms was extremely large for a party of 3. They have a large kitchen which we did not use. Parking was free.

• One Bedroom Suite

Lobby dont have aircond The kitchen equipment not complete, hotel provide electric stove but dont provide the pan

Variety breakfast and value for money Nice room Large room Free parking

• One Bedroom Suite

Went to the hotel to make a surprise birthday celebration for my husband. One of the plan is candle light dinner in room sadly when i look at the menu its not variety and no steak at all 😭😭

I like the environment of the hotel. Eventhough it was at city but a night i was calm.. the facilites was too the satisfaction. Breakfast was delicious.

• One Bedroom Suite

We stayed at level 19 & the border wall at the corridor is even lower than my hips (I stood at 165cm). May be a disadvantage for acrophobic

The furnitures are well maintained despite being over the hill. Comfy bed, good spread of breakfast, friendly staff

• One Bedroom Suite

Some food not warm enough. Would've been convenient if swimming pool was on site as advertised. Had to ask more than once for items/services.

Cleanliness. Spacious rooms. Friendly staff. Variety of food available for breakfast.

• One Bedroom Suite

Cockroaches. If you don't like them, this place has them. My bathtub was clogged. I had to call four times before someone actually arrived, even though they would claim he is on his way. When the guy finally arrived he refused to unclog it by saying that it is all fine I just should not open the tap at full. I mean..:)

Some of the staff members were very nice and helpful! Breakfast was okay too.

• Two Bedroom Deluxe SUite

Unfortunately the pool was not available, wish we were told ahead of time. Also, when traveling from the hotel into the city, make use of the shuttle service that we were unaware of. We were told to take a taxi ... it was not until the last day that we found out about the shuttle. All in all ... great stay!

Appreciated the buffet breakfast! Helpful when you have kids! The rooms were clean and staff were kind and helpful!

• Two Bedroom Suite

The service was excellent as well as the huge suite. The aesthetics of the lobby, room and hallways look so elegent. The buffet/dining hall is also very cozy and and clean. Food was generously served. Location is also quite near from Petronas Towers. The price is cheap for its great service. I would highly recommend this hotel 👌🏼 thank you for making our stay memorable and convenient 🙂

• One Bedroom Suite

the apartment was ageing but comfortable.

fab location and amazing breakfast. friendly staff really helpful. we got upgraded to a 2 bedroom aoartment instead one. ample space. a bit old and in need of revamping. overall it we had a fanstastic break.

• One Bedroom Suite

* tiny "mosquito-like" hungry-biters in open-air breakfast dining area * repetitive Wi-Fi failures * repetitive television as well as TV-remote handset failures

* architecture * apartment-like features

• Two Bedroom Suite

The security did not let my children come to the lobby even though we were checking in at around 3pm. It was because my children were in their school uniform (as they go to the international school nearby). My children had to call me to come out to the main entrance to ask the security to allow them to enter the hotel (I came from the basement parking straight to the restaurant and reception, my kids were from school, entering the lobby from the main entrance.) The security should have at least walked my kids in until they see me. You don't treat kids in school uniform as though they were all trouble-makers (regardless of whatever previous cases the hotel had).

The mix vegetable dish at breakfast was fresh and tasty. Staff at the reception were helpful, warm and informative. Parking was always easy and ample. Checking in and out was smooth and quick.

• One Bedroom Suite

Breakfast was good variety pity food was cold. Pool was being renovated pity we weren’t informed prior as may have rebooked elsewhere. Had use of pool next door wasn’t good unfortunately

Very large suites and well equipped

• One Bedroom Suite

The bedroom TV was broken, the toilet sanitary spray was broken, the kitchen had no cookware, the pool was not available (not on website it was under renovation).

The location and the lobby

• One Bedroom Suite

- Outside of the room you were already exposed to outside temperature and humidity - Garage was kind of dark, slightly bad smelling air and super hot (felt more hot than outside) - Super noisy AC that sounded a bit like a washing machine in the same room - Could not get breakfast before 7am - over all a bit old fashioned interior

Nice restaurant around for dinner

• One Bedroom Suite

It seemed like the rooms haven't been maintained for a while. The water in our room (both faucet and shower) was yellow. We had left it on for more than 15 minutes, it was still the same. When we requested this to be fixed, it took over 1 hour and 30 minutes for them to do something about it (I also had to make another call to make sure that they were coming to fix it). So their solution was to put us in another room, which turned out that the new room had the SAME problem. I was more unsatisfied with the fact that they were simply wasting my time, not even trying to fix the problem right away.

• One Bedroom Suite

The tv at bedroom are small and old style, please get a large screen tv in bedroom.. tv at the hall was great..

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, great facilities, room are comfort.. the best place to stay in KL, near to all intresting place in KL..

• Two Bedroom Suite

I love my stay here. The size of the room is bigger than we expected. Just the facilities may be a bit old us the shower fell while we were out and the lamp in the bathrook flickers. When i went to stay at hotel, thing that concern me most is breakfast as im a food person. So to me the breakfast is too basic. Maybe u can add a little more on the menu. Tenkiu😄

• One Bedroom Suite

Pillow and bed linen. Very dirty. Breakfast very little choices. Nasi lemak with sambal only?

Was upgraded to premium/exclusive with 1 bedroom. Tv only in living room part. No tv in the bedroom.. pillow is -10. Very cheap type. Bed linen never been changed i think. Tv good channel choices Wifi so so. Good connection but no so fast. Pool under shades. Good but no so deep. 1.2metres only

It was perfect

The breakfast was perfect and free transport to different parts of KL was a bonus that facilitated our stay. They facilities were really 5star.

• One Bedroom Suite

Buffet brekky items were always cold/lukewarm-hashbrowns,curry,noodles,baked beans..every single day of an 11 night stay...not good as the selection/standard was generally excellent so it let it down.

Superb,spacious clean suites maintained by meticulous cleaners.. Very clean hotel-well equipped rooms.

• Two Bedroom Suite

In 2nd room of Two bed suite there is single bed only. Pool was so so.

Staff was very nice and cooperative, location is good too. Room size is very big

The hotel seems a little old and some fixtures need attending to.

The two-bedroom suite has a very spacious living area where we could gather late evenings for chit-chat and supper. My 2 year old could roam around freely around the suite and didn't get much cranky or bored. Both the one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites are quite spacious. There's a functional kitchenette for occasional cooking, utensils are provided on demand. The city-view from higher floor rooms is nice too. Overall it worked very well for my group of seven people!

• Special Offer - One Bedroom Suite

The shower wouldn't drain properly. There was an old bottle in the bathroom when we arrived

Bed was very comfortable Service was excellent Location is convenient

• One Bedroom Suite

The room smell was very bad, and the air condition sound was very horrible.

Location was good, Breakfast was very tasty and few options available. Communal area was very nice.

• Two Bedroom Deluxe SUite

Bathroom sinks were clogged. AC in the living room was not working. Bathrooms were rusty and dirty. Not well kept

Location was the only positive thing about this hotel

• Two Bedroom Deluxe SUite

The swimming pool may jot have been circulating and looked dirty. Restaurant size too small for the reputationof the hotel. There will be a queue if the restaurant already full (during breakfast experience)

Facilities in the room and staff responsiveness and attitude

• Special Offer - One Bedroom Suite

Breakfast spread. Need to improve. The space also small. Need to queue and wait for your turn especially during weekends. Lack of choice.

I've stayed here twice and received an upgrade each stay. I booked a suite with 1 bedroom always upgraded to two bedrooms. Love the big space. Love the bed especially and enjoyed our stay. Great place, staff was very friendly and helpful. Near to klcc..

• Two Bedroom Suite

No complaint. But the breakfast area can be busy during weekends & you need to queue for your turn. My tips, come for breakfast early ;) Early birds catch the worms.

I've stayed here twice and received an upgrade each stay. I booked a suite with 2 bedrooms and love the big space. Love the bed especially and enjoyed our stay.

• Two Bedroom Suite

Carpet was not very clean especially leading to the bathrooms. Toilet was old fashioned with only bathtub in the master bedroom. Other toilet with shower was way too small and cramp. Toilet was not particularly clean. Room was rather run down - not worth the money Breakfast was lousy..taste was bad and choice very limited

Room card could be used as parking ticket. V convenient.

• One Bedroom Suite

First, they charged 10% as service charges but it wasn't mentioned in booking.com unlike other hotels. Secondly, they took 100$ as security deposit which is also not written anywhere. Third, the lifts have no movement sensors, they often squeeze you in the middle without noticing that someone is moving in. The restaurant within the hotel is super expensive. They charged us 74 RM for two beef burgers which you can easily find in less than 25 RM at any big chain such as Burger King.

The room was clean and comfortable while the staff was also very cooperative. Not to forget, the breakfast buffet was delicious with huge variety.

• One Bedroom Suite

To love this place you need to have imagination, and the ability be adventurious,found are close to the towers, and with grab 3 dollars will get you there?

The property is 50 yrs old, but has style, comfort, you can't find in sterols high rise .

• One Bedroom Suite

Breakfast could be improved. Service Staff were not helpful nor attentive. Asked for half boiled eggs 3 times still could not get it. It was not a busy time. When it arrived some were boiled eggs.

• One Bedroom Suite

Beds & pillows not comfy. Flooring jaded , no carpet This being service apt should have decent amenities provided in room/ apt unit - kitchen didnot even have knife & pair of scissors to cut open a packet etc 🙁. This is quiet basic not asking for wine screw opener . And yes - i personally found their door knobs too stiff & / or doors to jammed - wud always struggle for few minutes until cud pull open the door . That actually got me worried if i cudnot open incase of emergency. Also, first time i had to call front desk & request for help to come & advise / push door from outside. 😔

May b more to say in what we didnot like ....

• Special Offer - One Bedroom Suite

The paint on the bottom of the bathtub was starting to come up a bit. It just looked like normal wear and tear, not low quality.

I loved the excellent service. I wanted to switch rooms to one with a tub and they were more than happy to accommodate.

• Special Offer - One Bedroom Suite

When I have booked they mentioned “ breakfast included” , but when I reached there they said “You’re not allowed to eat, because your booking is not included the breakfast”

• Two Bedroom Suite

I think the hotel is quite old. Our room has this one kind of smell and they also need to change to a new mattress i guess. I booked for a two bedroom suite. So my boys sleep at the other bedroom however i fell that maybe their mattress have bedbugs cause my boys have alot of red scars on their arms and face. I hope the hotel would do something abt it.

I did not expect to que up for breakfast . Food was good but breakfast area need to do some modification to accomodate the guest well

Almost everything i like. Perfect location and ambience

• Duta Two Bedroom Suite

Although buffet breakfast was included the menu can be changed to make it varied.

The staff was very accommodating and attentive to our needs. The location is near restaurants that you can walk to. There is a convenience store and spa at the lobby. It is along the embassy row so the place was pretty quiet and secure. It takes around 5-10 minutes of drive to go to the city center. Our room had a wonderful view of the city skyline especially at nights that we saw from our balcony. The room was thoroughly cleaned everyday where towels and bed sheets were replaced. The bed was also comfortable and the total ambiance of the two bedroom suite we occupied was relaxing enough.

• Two Bedroom Deluxe SUite

Vegetarian options very few for the complimentary breakfast. Staff were not clear about ingredients either. Breakfast on first day was delayed, crowded with no proper arrangements to handle new years day rush. All items of breakfast not available even 15 min after 7 am on the third day. Lobby restroom was not maintained well. Plumbing in the wash rooms of the room needs attention. Charging points in room were very limited - needs to be upgraded to latest scenario.

Very clean rooms and surroundings. Restrooms in the rooms were clean as well. Comfortable stay. Friendly staff.

• One Bedroom Suite

quite far from the city center, the rooms are quite old. No option for dairy allergic people on breakfast, wifi pour.

The hotel building is beautiful, staff is nice, the room is big and comfortable. but need to be renewed.

• One Bedroom Suite

I called earlier. On the day check-in I requested to facing Victoria Station. The staff said ok. I went to my room unfortunately not the room I requested and not be informed. I went down again, I ask her again and she told me no room available 😔

• One Bedroom Suite

Same type of breakfast all the days. Internal laundry should be free to the residents.

You need more facilities like in door games like table tennis, darts etc to make the stay more enjoyable for holidays.

• Two Bedroom Deluxe SUite

The toilet facilities should be replaced with new ones. The carpets are not clean and have lots of stains. The bath towels are not white anymore. The reception office should change the plastic folder files which they keep guests bookings as I noticed the folders are already discoloured and the edges are torn. First impression during check in lasts forever.

The location of the hotel is good. The spacious living room. The 2 bathrooms in the apartment.

• One Bedroom Suite

I dont like the staff...they doesnt know how to guide or help us upon arrival. Same goes to the bellboy..the staff should explain more about which level we r staying instead of just give us the room number then thats all. Some more, i nvr be in waiting list for morning breakfst at any hotel ive been staying but this hotel really give bad impression about the waiting list for morning breakfst.

I love my room..spacious n comfy

• Special Offer - One Bedroom Suite

Room was musty. Central air con was blowing dusty air. Mites in be.we got rashes in body because of dusty sheets. We asked staff if we can open balcony, they denied citing safety reasons. Dusty room is our complain

Location and look of hotel

• One Bedroom Suite

The bed was short.our legs were dangling out.we did not bother to ask the staff to change the bed or the room. anal spray pressure was excessive.again we never reported this to staff

The room was very specious

• Two Bedroom Suite

Dirty electric keetle.. window lock broken that make me scare when my kids play close to the glass wall.. too much clorine in pool water, no pool for kids.

Very spacious room.. have bathtub.. comfort bed.. good TV channels.. breakfast not great but fair enough..

• One Bedroom Suite

I can still hear cars driving pass the hotel on the side road.

My extended families are living around Ampang residential areas therefore the location of this property made it a perfect choice for my trip.

• Duta Two Bedroom Suite

The air-con in the master bedroom did not work. Also had to complain to Duty Manager of noisy adjoining room guests at 11:30pm

Helpful and friendly staff

• Duta Two Bedroom Suite

the front desk wasnt to helpful. I fee that booking.com or hotels should give customers an option for a smoking room and a non smoking room. Felt it wasnt as worth it paying that much. As it was our first time here- the hotel wasnt as accomodative to our needs

I think the only best thing here was the cleaning staff as well as the guards. - the front desk wasnt too helpful. I feel that booking.com should give customers an option for a smoking room and a non smoking room. It was such a hassle during check in etc.. Felt it wasnt as worth it paying that much amount for the property.

• Duta Two Bedroom Suite

The room totally closed. We can not open any window or door for air refreshment, you can feel that once you inter the room and smell it

In general every thing was great

• One Bedroom Suite

The food was disappointing. The parking and signage to the lobby were a little confusing.

The staff were friendly and respectful. The bathroom was clean.

• Two Bedroom Suite

The accommodation was not well maintained as the spaces were dusty and the furniture old.

A big bonus with this hotel suite is the space, especially when travelling with a family.

Browse Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place traveller photo gallery