Reviews of Leo Palace Hotel 3 stars

18, Jalan Rahmat, Off Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#313 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Deluxe Room

Not worth for the money I paid. Please update room pictures as it is!!!,this will give very bad impression if booking done for someone for instance I have booked for my boss . # Tv old model # Cupboard door broken ( with hole)

Located in centralised area.

• Deluxe Room

This hotel doesn't provide proper wifi in all the floors. No wfi connection inside the room. If wifi is workingin some room then a.c will not work properly. And if A.C and Wifi is working then the power socket for charging phones or power banks will not function properly.

• Deluxe Room

I have been a regular guest here for quite some time now, the only time I encountered a problem which causes me to be pissed off a bit is during my last stay, I booked a room with a queen bed early, like 2 weeks prior to my stay but when I'm there at the lobby during my 'check in' day, the staff said, the room that I booked is already full, same goes to all other room at the old wing of the hotel, when I asked why he said, "the rooms has been given to a group of people that came with a bus", he said the group of people already booked rooms in the new wing but then they said they didn't like the new wing when they came to check in and wanted the rooms in the old wing instead. I was like, is that even allowed ? I already booked my room how can the hotel management just gave my room to some other people, I'm a customer too, a guest too, what makes me any different to the other guests ?. The staff then wanted to give me a room on the new wing, with two single bed and no windows, I was so pissed off I wanted toto just find another hotel, I booked for a 3 days 2 nights stay, a room without windows would feel too congested for me to stay for 3 days. The day ended up with the staff giving me a room with windows, but still with two single beds and it costs more too because it's on the new wing. I was just too tired to argue anymore and just took the key and went straight for my room. I just hope the hotel management would never do this kind of things anymore it just pisses people off, give people what they booked, no matter who the f they are, don't simply change their bookings if the changes would affect other guests. . ps: I liked the old wing more because it's more spacious, cheaper and HAVE WINDOWS.

The hotel is definitely value for money, never have I booked the hotel for more than rm100 per night, it has always been below rm100 which is great value since the facilities are quite good. I also love the stalls and hawkers sselling food on the streets below, they sell some good foods especially the fried chicken. I have been a regular guest here for multiple times.

• Super Deluxe Room

We stayed at the Old Wing. The entrance of the old wing is scary, not enough light. The window of the room was not locked when checking in. After securing the window, i realized the lock is loose and not so convincing. The bed is very near to the window, since we bring along children, it is not safe for children.

• Deluxe Room

the hotel is cheap but you get much less than the basics , TV from the 90's that doesn't work , and they know no one will watch it so they didn't even change the batteries since a very long time , maybe since the 90's too! no hands soaps. the breakfast was disastrous. plates are still oily and not clean , very minimum choices , the potato were not cooked.

• Super Deluxe Room

All the TV not good,cant received any good n clear picture and the bathroom is totally not good in shape,the worse trip I came in such hotel.

Nothing to like

• Deluxe Room

the staffs arent friendly. slow service as well. no one else was at the reception yet they take their sweet time in checking me in.

the hotel is near the place i need to go, the price was worth it, but the room isnt really spacious, reconsider bout taking this place if you're staying more than 2 nights.

• Deluxe Room

The location isn’t bad but could be better, the staff didn’t speak very good English

The breakfast was amazing, the rooms have windows, close to a mall

• Deluxe Triple Room

everyday my room have to be clean. less privacy. btw, thank you.

nearer to the lrt station, shopping mall, and very convenient because easy to get food.

• Deluxe Room

Everything lacks. Especiall hygiene and food safety. Hotel rooms smells and the wing is under construction.

Nothing. Waste of my money.Left the hotel on third night and no refunds. Hopeless stay.

• Deluxe Room

This hotel was under renovation. And we believe the new hotel already completed as we saw other people are stayed in the new buidling. However we have been given the old room, which situated at the old buidling which is smelly, the level of the floor full of paper for renovation, the bathroom is old, smelly and the equipments in the bathroom are rusty. Because of that we check out earlier. We should be given the new room at new building instead at old building. We are totally disappointed as the conditions are bad and not worth for the money.

The place is nearby to the town of Kuala Lumpur

• Super Deluxe Room

Air Conditioner was noisy. Water pressure at bathroom low & water bit rusty. Renovation work was ongoing during our stay therefore noisy at times.

Room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Super Deluxe Room

Small bath at new wing. Prefer the old wing with fully carpeted floor, big bath, sofa with tea table n nice view. Sofa, cloth hanger, hair dryer, in room ironing, good body shampoo is a must. This hotel is good but to improve more.

3rd time stayed here. Friendly staff, many TV channel, tastefull nasi lemak bf (but now not being served-missed their nasi lemak). Room window facing PWTC was good. Should re-renovate the old wing so people would feel more comfortable especially those without wall to wall carpet.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The male receptionist was not very friendly when checked in. Normally when I check in any hotels, receptionist will greet us. However, both the receptionists were not friendly at the time I checked in. However, a lady receptionist was friendly when I checked out the next day. I was given a room in Old block where the room was smelly and the floor as if the room has been left empty for long time. Probably , the areas are more suitable for taking horror movies as it is quite dark. My daughter was stung by bugs . Luckily I had brought along medication for insects . Never go back to this hotel again.

The breakfast is good

• Super Deluxe Room

the lamp was dead & the room was dark but they only send the parking man to fix the situation. I know how hard people to do double-job, so he did halfheartedly then get angry. the one to blame is the owner who only do little effort to renovate the place

the receptionist are handsome & beautiful. but through the phone, they're too lazy to response your request

• Deluxe Room

The room wasn't equipped with 2 towels that supposedly ready on the bed. The hair shampoo and body shampoo only given 1 set only instead of 2 sets for 2 people queen bedsize room. I called the operator and she kindly informed the house keeper to send me over these items. But after waiting 15 min, I didnt get anything. I managed to call back again and waited for another 20 min. After getting frustrated, waiting for 35 min in total, I took a lift from block A- level 7, going towards block B receptionist and get my stuffs that I want. Their hot shower is not functional too. The room looks too old like in 80 centuries. Disturb by the loud voice from next door as well......

The breakfast buffet is good! Very much of varieties to pick. However, the toilet near the kitchen need to be cleaned from time to time as it stinks.

• Deluxe Triple Room (Newly Renovated)

i booked 2 newly renovated rooms. However, hotel miss looked my booking and we were end up at old building. We were not happy with the rooms but we have no choice. i booked the rooms 2 mths earlier.

spacious room

• Deluxe Triple Room

Check and fix the phone in the room, plug, lamp in bathroom, get a new tv for the room, so visitor more comfort when tv can get channel easier, get the astro njoi😂..

I like because this hotel near with where i want to go.. And cleanliness is good and staff good😊

• Deluxe Room

In my booking stated include breakfast but hotel staff mention no breakfast provided....NO breakfast voucher for us...!!! 2nd time happened to me when booked through Booking.com...

Easy to get food and very near to public transport.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

My booking was 2 newly renovated rooms. But hotel misslooked my booking and upgrade to family room. Badly, both rooms located at old wing. All facilities are old, mattress not comfortable, bathroom so small, carpet feel dusty.

Near to local food stall, plenty of food to choose. Spacious room. Staff are friendly.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Staff could find my booking room No phone in room Breakfast no variety Restaurants near hotel not clean (could see many cockroaches) Area near hotel not clean (rats running around)

• Deluxe Room (Newly Renovated)

I booked for executive twin room for 5 nights. But on the first day we arrived, only executive double room is available. We had to stay in double room. The staff told us that twin room is available the next day and the rest of our stay. So we had to stay in the executive double for one night and moved to executive twin. The executive double is spacious with nice view on the high level floor. Buy the executive twin is totally different. It is smaller with different layout on lower floor. For me they look like different type of room. Breakfast is not much of variety. We stayed for 5 nights, breakfast is the same everyday.

Room is simple but nice and clean. The executive double is roomy with nice view of the Petronas building. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room

1- No cleaning for the toilet 2- The quality of the toilet paper is very bad 3- There is no Hot water (Only one day from 7 days I stayed in the hotel) 4- The Towels color is not white, it is yellow

The food is very good

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

It would be better if you provide better and bigger towel because we are plus size couple. Parking is available but not much.

I like the location and breakfast and the parking provided.

• Deluxe Room

Room condition is in bad condition no proper maintenance ,the beds in Block A rooms should be changed ,please don't recommend block A to customers, I was staying in room no 601.tq.

Staffs was very cooperative

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

didnt get the room as i book.example i book 1 king bed for 3 rooms but i get all dual single bed in 3 rooms. staf give reason didnt receive email and then say all room are finish book by others.staf should always check online bookings.room not have phone call for reception for any inquiries or helps..breakfast totally out...most of foods finish didnt replace and not clean.breakfast not enough..i wont take or suggest this hotel to others if this hotel service and breakfast still same..tq

Staffs are friendly and helpful especially one of punjab religion girl really give good service to us..cnt remember the staf nme but she is the one punjab girl working on morning shift ..tq

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Maybe can upgrade the intercom for room.because when we want to call receptionist, need to call office no.

i like the room very comfy and near with my exhibition place!

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

No sidetables, no breakfast, no intercom, no toothpaste, no slippers, waterheater not working

Fluffy pillows and comforter And good Wi-Fi. Nice room and comfortable bed.

The breakfast was just SICKENING the waitress was charming . No prior attempt to fulfill our request for connecting/close rooms. The rooms have VERY basic furnishings No wardrobes or even shelves in shower ! WATCH OUT for motorcyclists on the pavement, we had a phone grabbed and stolen from our 13 year old.

The staff were helpful.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Hair all over the bathroom, nobody cleaned it for my arrival. Prepare your own toothbrush and paste, they don't serve it, but the add new shampoo bottle every day.

Making the beds every day

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Clean and service are good, the best view of the city. The Chew Kit, after so many years when I come back to here, i have a feeling it, is like from the moon to earth.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Request for one bed instead give 2 single bed. Trice room move then get my need. Channel TV not in good condition even my second visit already.

Room still new. Near to putra mall and easy find food near hotel.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Noise insulation is very poor. Surrounding area and bridge are sketchy. The staffs could be more professional and honest.

the bed is firm and comfortable. Shower is good. near to public transport. Affordable.

• Deluxe Triple Room (Newly Renovated)

Me & my brothers really love the location. We stay here few time since last year. Recommended for family 😊 newly renovated room is exactly same like website picture.

• Deluxe Room (Newly Renovated)

I don't no what to say but I was happy staying in the hotel

I like the front desk services is very friendly, room is clean. Nice place to stay for that price.

• Deluxe Triple Room (Newly Renovated)

room a bit smelly due to air con - no service very long time

They need to improve service thier air con - really dusty with heavy dust in the filter that i washed myself. and the toilet hot water not hot enough and water supply limited - a small water bottle 300ml. we expect 500ml.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

A bit noisy as close to LRT station i think. Location is not convenient for those who do not have own transport.

Hotel is new as picture shown. Clean and surprisingly room is quite big with the price i paid for.

• Deluxe Room (Newly Renovated)

The area of hotel. No mirror at the bedroom. Only one glass of coffee cup for two person room? The locking system is so annoying.

its a nice coffee. Thanks for providing fridge and the bed was comfortable

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Promote and prepare like what the hotel advertise in booking.com

Why the pictures of room different from what i get,advertise nice get not like what advertise

• Super Deluxe Room

Window Mirror in bath room tranperancy somebody can view my wife from outside from next building.Maybe I will issue summons because look flash from camera said my wife from top of next building.

In city

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

The moment I've entered the hotel room, I smell the scent of cigarette. The shower sink hole somehow did not function well. If you take shower for quite some time, the water were unable to flow out probably because of the clogged water channels. The automated door somehow did not functioning well, need wait for half an hour for the maintenance to solve the problem.

The LRT station is in walk able distance. There's a shopping mall and PWTC nearby.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

I choose the newly renovated room but i didn't expect there were still no phone and wifi yet in the room.. but its okay since its just a short stay..

Clean, many restaurant nearby, and near to local attraction.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Facilities of ironing.. (poor) Lock it so that cust won't take it off into their room

Pls provide extra pillow and bed.. sometimes hotel fully booked because of the event near by.. so mostly in the room will be staying 3-4 pax at one time..

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

The slightly transparent window looking into the bathroom from the outside. There was a pipe from the ceiling dripping water into the shower too

The deal was too good for the room which is really clean and comfy. Location was great because it wasn't too far from the city center at all.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Satellite Tv and no call bell was there in the room

Hotel was new and good ,staff were pleased to us, they help us in everywhere they can, good bed comfy

• Super Deluxe Room

The room is terrible looks. All the furniture inside the room broken and the room very smelly. The picture shows online was different from the real room. Very disappointed even I changed from family room to twin room. Because family room in old building and twin room in new building. We got family room in a old building which is going to renovate. It's like dumps in a demolished room.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

I came here 4th times but weird part is 2nd extra charge me rm15 for early check-in at 9.30am and recently again another rm20. All this booking I mentioned I won't stay overnight only day use. Only 1st and 2nd stay they didn't charge. I am regular customer and my partner background is hotelier too. So I hope the management know what to do if they don't want to lose regular customer.

Hotel was cool eventhough still under renovation

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

But my opinion about in receptionist counter: 1-Staff should minimise paper, all are in computerised no need to print much papers, I have signed for 3 papers, that was wasting my time too. 2-Staff should not mention my room number loudly as a privacy. It may attract somebody around me get to know where I will be at, enough point to the card have wrote the room number. Thank you for the good services. I appreciate and would like to come again.

The facilities and environment very good.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room (Newly Renovated)

I have booked for a deluxe triple room newly renovated, but when i want to check in they said there is no room available for that room that i have booked and blaming booking.com for the misunderstood. Then you should not advertise in booking.com lah! They gave us the old room with old furnitures and have some spots on the blanket. Very bad. Will never come back to this hotel.

• Deluxe Room

The room is not like other room hotel that i 've been,the cleener also is so lazy never wash the glass n cup ,no renew refill tisu,bath shower,shampoo coz i stay for two days..so disaapointed,the aircond also not so cold,no hair dryer,ni minibar ice box,no dustbin xtra,no iron n i' m booking with booked .com i took stay for two nights with breakfast,but when i'm pay n asking the receptionist said not included breakfast.receptionitsface also sour face,no smilling face its a pour,pour .

Nothing i like

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

No iron in the room, no kettle (that was necessary, for midnite snack loke noodle cup , n hot coffee)..poor tv channel.

The new renovated room..so good , comfort.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Everything about this hotel. We still couldnt get our room after a long day work and returned to the hotel at mindnight 1am. The reason being There was only 1 cleaner for the entire hotel. The front desk searched high & low for this only cleaner. When we finally got into the room, the condition inside the room is even worst, the basin is clogged with rubbish as if no cleaning at all. A totally UNPLEASANT & UNCOMFORTABLE STAY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The Hotel is not suitable for any Indian Habitait

Not as shown in Reservation,Bath room does not have space to bath could never be 3 star rated hotel, a false representation. No food facility. Totally not suitable for Indian family. Nothing there to like.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

At the special offer price - this was extremely good value for money - I ended up staying two weeks. This wing of the hotel is completely new and only just opened. I tried both Superior and Deluxe rooms. Oddly, the cheaper Superior rooms were larger and better than the Deluxe. The wifi was fast. The reception desk service was helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room (Newly Renovated)

When arrived at your hotel no rooms available even though already booking under booking.com, difficult to get parking, service very slow

Easy to get breakfast, lunch & dinner because hotel near with food's stall.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Slow hands receptionist. Ask for kettle at 6.00 p.m and never get it sent to the room until the next day. Cant eat my instant noodle *sigh. Not enough toileteries in the bathroom. The receptionist write the wrong floor for my room and didnt tell me the room was in the next building. Hope this will get solve soon. The rest was okay.

New renovated room. Bed was comfy. Water heating system is good. Flatscreen tv. Good airconditioning.

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

Hate the services.The worse thing is I book for two rooms but they prepare just for one room. There four people but we had been given only one room. Their mistake and they admited it. But do nothing to solve the problem. . And the promise to give another room only by 8 pm but lastly there are no room availabe. Infact, I requested for pillows and bath towel but they do not intertained me. Really regret staying in that hotel for bad services. It makes me thing twice to use booking.com also. Afraid it will happend again. The parking park so limited. Hard to park car.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Superior Room (Newly renovated)

we didn't get a free wifi or perhaps coz we didn't ask coz we checkin around 1am already and so tired to ask for it...

The price is cheap but the room is new and comfy and really nice and the free breakfast is really delicious...

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

This place was really bad very poorly maintained property. There absolutely no room service all though they claim they have. Toilet is dirty and broken I booked for two nights but checked out in a day and moved to holiday inn express

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

The rooms located at the old wing are old type so be aware of this. However, it is still comfortable to stay though. If it rains heavily, be ready to experience flood situation if you park your car at the hotel parking area in front of the hotel. My car was saved because the restaurant staff contacted me and informed about it to me which i was really grateful.

The closest hotel to stay if you have to go to Dewan Tun Razak 1 for work especially during travel fairs/expo/exhibitions. Value for the money since i booked it 3 months before my stay. The comfort is fair enough with the amount that you pay for the room. Plus, they just released their new rooms at the new wing and i hope it will be maintained well. Will definitely stay here again next time!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Executive Deluxe Room (Newly Renovated)

The elevator is sometimes on maintenance. we had to climb the stairs once because both the elevator was on maintenance. But we do understand that they are undergoing construction. Can't wait for the hotel to be fully renovated.

The new renovated room was worth the money. Cheap yet comfortable. The staffs was also friendly and helpful. The extend hour rates is also considerable. I would definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

I changed my room 3 times until they send me to their new incomplete building 1- When We entered to the room there's only 2 towels and we are 3 person! 2- The toilet seat was broken and leaking nasty stuff.. 3- The phone was not working 4- No tissuesthis you 5- bookings.com gave this hotel 3 stars while in they are burley to get one star 6- overall services are fare from feeling satisfied 7- after changing our room 2 times they direct us to their. Ew building where we had short time of good services

The hotel right now in the process of moving to new building whereby there's good services while the current building is having extremely bad services

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Executive Deluxe Room (Newly Renovated)

No electric water heater. I wasn't told there's no electric water heater when check in. Need to go down and ask. Then the night staff said the day staff should inform. No phone in the room too. The air conditioner leaking. Keep hear the water sound drop. (Quite scary thou. Since the hotel is still under renovation). Stay for 2days. No bother much.

Quite big room for 2. New renovate hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Bed provided different from our booking, there was no kettle provided, no telephone in room to call room service, towel have to request, and the air conditioner not so cold.

hotel have a lift, and near to food stalls and LRT. Breakfast provided was good in taste and clean.

• Super Deluxe Room

Even though we were shifted to a master suite, the room was very stinky. Infact, all the rooms of this hotel are very stinky. They also take the payment the moment you check-in so you do not know if the hotel rooms are good or really like the pics on their website, unless you have paid in full. Also, they do not refund.

We didnt like the room alloted to us initially. We wanted to change the hotel as the pics on website were quite different - it doesnt reflect the real condition of the rooms. The good thing was that Staff was able to shift us to the master suite which was better.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Super Deluxe Room

The lift not working during our last 2 days stay over there until we check out. Very exhausted since we stay at level 5. Other thing no comment. You have to pay Uber more rather than you stay around klcc.

Save budget

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Super Deluxe Room

TV channel not clear at all. Very poor. But since the wifi is good so it's ok. The bathroom quite small. Can't sleep well that nite I think one of the beds in Room 803 got bugs. My son & husband got itchy skin because of that.

The super deluxe room is spacious with 2 queen beds. The breakfast provided also got various food ie nasi lemak, nasi goreng,mee goreng, kuih etc The wifi is superb. My kids enjoyed watching youtube.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Couldn't get a proper tv channel and wifi connection are very poor in the room. Fridge is not cooling too..

After I have complained to the receptionist regarding my problem in the room they allocate for my family, they have worked out for us a better room. Overall their hospitality are excellent

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Super Deluxe Room

The facilities of the hotel is not good,no remote for air-cond ,no astro,plus the basket of food such as instant noodle,nescafe and biscuits are surcharged frrom the deposit we've paid,that's even more ridiculous,I've never met a hotel like this,the cleanliness is also bad,surely will not recommend to anybody

Easy access to nearby stalls or restaurant,quite near to town

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Seasons furnitures, smudge wall paint, broken water closet seat and a bit noisy at night from nearby stalls and night cafe (room facing car park)

Very near to PWTC, just few steps away from 2nd Hall. Surround by restaurant and convenient shops.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Old equipment needs to be replaced The front of bangladis not understand the Malay language and English Lift used only one, sometimes crowded also used to carry soiled items, eg trash.

Rooms are cramped and atmosphere Aircord unmanageable TV is quite outdated and there is no broadcast

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Super Deluxe Room

The blankets were quite worn out and one of those was having a hole.the breakfast needs to be improved slightly as french toasts were not cooked with the right recipe.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

Rooms are not clean and the furniture is very old,wifi signal is very week in twin rooms but in double room is good, the towels weren't clean enough and have bad smell and it looks like that it's used for 100 times ,the Ac wasn't good enough to cool these small room ,by the way i changed rooms 3 times

Poor Facilities..