Reviews of Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur 5 stars

Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#5 of 554 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Absolutely a lovely hotel from the room, facilities and the service.
    • Executive Park View Room

Weather too raining at the time I came

The staff really when above and beyond. They were so welcoming and helpful. One man from Aqua toured me the hotels facilities and restaurants explaining the times they were open and then showed me the tunnel to the shopping center and the view of the twin towers. Aslam from the porters was so kind and caring made me feel at home.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The staff are really great.
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Nothing. It's really great experience to stay here.

The staff are really great. They have personalize the greeting to the max and beyond your expectation. Although, the breakfast menu could be more spread and added more variety. Otherwise, its good taste.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

A perfect stay, with service exceeding expectations, in a central location - loved it!
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

The customer service was impeccable and they made you feel special right from arrival to departure. The hotel facilities were excellent, they've thought of everything! And the location was perfect to get round and see the sights. A truly fantastic stay - I would highly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Service needs some work
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Whoever checked us in was not pleasant nor welcoming and you get the impression that she was doing us a favour by checking us in. Customer service from room service was also non existent on the first night. I don’t know any 5* hotel that would argue with a guest over a bowl of rice and practically accuse them of lying about missing items (dessert was sent up without ice cream). Probably the worst service I’ve ever received from an international luxury hotel group. Kudos to the other staff for trying to fix the bad taste the experience left us but the damage was done.

Facilities and location were amazing bar none. The food was incredible and with so many options within the hotel, you don’t even need to leave it. The spa was also one of the best from the service at reception to the beauty therapists, facilities and the post-treatment care. 90% of the general hotel staff were also great.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great location and perfect staff in KL
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

Room was good but maybe a bit old fasioned.

Super staff and service, great location and a good 24 hour restaurant. I liked the food and it also had a nightclub.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The location is great, few steps to suria center, and extra...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

location, cleanliness, the staff were very kind, and the price

The location is great, few steps to suria center, and extra clean accommodations with reasonable price even the in dining room with great food and price.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Te bed is good and comfortable.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I am sound sensitive. At the first night my room is next to elevator and difficult to sleep, due to some noise. After telling them on the next day. That change another room right away. Thanks for them.

Te bed is good and comfortable. Hotel staffs are polite and willing to assistance.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur Delight
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

We traveled from a wonderful 10 days in Perhentian Kecil and onto Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The team was very helpful in welcoming us and ensured we were especially taken care of on our wedding anniversary day and days leading up to. The service is impeccable and service team.went above and beyond to help us source prawns from Sabah. Views from the swimming pool are stunning. We look forward to our next visits to a Mandarin Oriental hotel.

We ordered nachos (yes, Malaysia Mandarin is not known for nachos) however, would have appreciated the use real cheese instead of spreadable plasticky cheese. Especially since we went to.a few high end grocery stores looking for local spices and noticed higherend stores carried gourmet cheese. This is so minor.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Fantastic Hotel, I will never choose any other hotel unless this one on my live visiting Malaysia:)
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I booked smoking room with king bed, when i arrived they told me not available on king bed only twin bed why that, when i got confirmation on what in booked before!!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent stay in a first class hotel in centre of KL - will not want to stay anywhere else in KL.
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

The staff , pool , room - all great. The welcome upon arrival Efficiency of concierge in booking a private tour. Collection from the airport and return. Location.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Perfect
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The fact that we had to leave so soon

Room was very excellent, bed was big and pillows were very comfortable. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

No Second Visit
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Staff were not cooperative. I had items that were supposed to go to the ballroom but the concierge got my instructions but did not act on it. I had to lug it there myself. I didnt pay premium room rates for this. I had just stayed at the Jakarta location of this franchise and my word... the difference in service levels and guest relations were too big to dimiss. The front desk and concierge made me feel like i was bothering them. I was declined immediately when i requested to check out an hour later due to the lateness of our arrival from Jakarta which was about half past midnight. i barely got to enjoy the room which was small for what i was paying for. All in all... not going to visit again and I will discourage my friends and business associates from patronising this locale. Terribly disappointed.

I really cannot be bothered to write anything good about this place. Not after my experience.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The location was strategic in between KL Convention Centre...

So far, none.

The location was strategic in between KL Convention Centre and KLCC. Everything was perfect. They even provide you with good taste of chocolate and flavored drinks during your stay.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The overall experience was exceptional.
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

We would suggest putting a door to the toilet so that the bathroom and toilet can be used at the same time.

The overall experience was exceptional. We were treated with respect and enjoyed our time.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Offering a good service should include a friendly/smiling staff - neither doormans, waitresses, etc. Not a 5 stars service according to us! Too bad as there are a lot of great 5 stars hotels in KL.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I would like to have had more information at the check in time from the receptionist:such as that breakfast was not included. The receptionist shall first be taken care of providing all necessary info about the stay and hotel facilities instead of focusing on selling the uprated package. However, staff is very kind. Thanks

Kindness of staff. Spa. HAIRSALON-THE STYLIST IS VERY GOOD

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Front desk delivered a wrong message to us.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Park View

Front desk delivered a wrong message to us. The room comes with no breakfast but he told us, it came with breakfast. Aside from this, everything seems pretty good

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Location was great, great room and service.
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

The bathroom toilet gave a stink every now and then.. also the robes in the closet didnt seem freshly cleaned

Location was great, great room and service.. the concierge service was brilliant.. especially Nawabi was very helpful..

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Despite numerous email exchanges and confirmations from...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Despite numerous email exchanges and confirmations from Booking.com I had problems arranging for my travel companion to check in alone after I was unable to travel due to a family emergency. Then they still charged my friend for the room after I had specifically instructed them to continue to charge my credit card given that my change of plans were after free cancellation was possible and I had originally planned to pay for the booking in full. This has been (and will continue to be) a time consuming mess during what is already a stressful time and I expect a better service from a 5* hotel.

We stayed for the first three days of our honeymoon and...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We stayed for the first three days of our honeymoon and found the staff to be exceptional and very helpful. There were lots of small touches that made it feel extra special compared to other luxury hotels.

Bed super comfy and made me sleep well very well.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

The room is extremely clean and no dust could be seen around the room, but I kept sneezing from sleeping on the bed. It may be dust particles from the sheets or I'm allergic to the remaining detergent particles. Nevertheless, I do understand that it is quite hard to thoroughly dust off very thick sheets/pillows.

Bed super comfy and made me sleep well very well. City view out the window was amazing day or night. Love that it is so close to KLCC, and has a roofed walkway to it so when it rained and I forgot to bring an umbrella, it wasn't be a problem. The designs are exceptional. Staff manners are impeccable. Housekeeping service comes by twice a day so room is always clean and sleek. Complementary drinks provided are delicious.

The room was big with twin towers view and water fountains...
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

The team is helpful but it took me lots of time to do the check in and check out. The room lights were not working appropriately. I had a problem with the bathtub but they fixed it within minutes when I asked for help.

The room was big with twin towers view and water fountains view. It was incredible. The location is really close to the twin towers and Surya mall. The bathroom is clean and comfy. I asked a room on high floor and they gave me what I requested.

Everything, from its location to the smallest detail and i...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The salon ( lady’s hairdresser)didnt try it but the lady working there I would rate her 0

Everything, from its location to the smallest detail and i love how friendly the staff is

Brilliant location, free parking, very good restaurants,...
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Room service food was disappointing. Not comparable with the quality when you walk downstairs. Given the premium you pay for room service that’s not good.

Brilliant location, free parking, very good restaurants, nice pool.

lounge was amazing.
    • Club King Room with Twin Towers View

lounge was amazing. best food, very personal and caring service. our perfect view to the towers in the room. thank you Joshua in the lounge for extraordinary and outstanding service. would recommend this hotel for everybody who cares for decent luxury and feeling taken care of.

not a good experience
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

front desk ignored my request when i checked in. house keeping very slow to clean up room. i asked room service from mandarin grill. the receptionist refused to take my order through phone and she promised me to ask house keeping to send me the menu. it took 45 mins still not sending the menu. wifi was unable to access. i did send my complaints to customer feedback but no one replied me till now.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Incredible service !
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

The staff were so friendly, was very luxurious, food was incredible and facilities were outstanding. Will definitely be returning and highly reccommend this hotel.

Incredible service ! Incredible place !

An Oasis in Capital City
    • Club King Room with Park View

The shower and the drainage of the tub of our room was not working. The staff was quick to attend and deal with this matter though.

They upgraded our room so we really enjoyed a beautiful view of Petronas Twin Tower. The room was luxurious and comfortable to stay in. The pool was very relaxing and the staff was really caring too.

It was ok.
    • Club Suite

The air conditioners were not really functioning. They were still hot even at the lowest temperature. I stayed at club suite but it was not facing klcc tower as expected. Instead, it was facing the garden.

5 star facility with hardly any customer service

I booked one of the most expensive suites, the club suite, through booking.com for business meetings I had. I arrived one day late, prior informing through Booking.com. I had to wait one hour in the front desk because they had no clue I was arriving. When I showed the email, they blamed booking.com and maintained that they did not get the request. Despite showing the email I sent one day before, they forced me to wait in the front desk after a long flight, although I was entitled to express checking-in/check-out through the club lounge. The hotel made me feel so unwelcome, unattended and were so unorganized and inattentive. I spent over $7,000 on room charges only over a four day stay and simple requests as such Butler was not provided to serve my guests despite multiple requests. Few 100 sqm suite was absolutely pointless when you are so ignored and the stay so inhospitable. In general staffs were so busy, so captivated and so overtaxed, dealing with a fully occupied hotel and in the process their otherwise highest priority guest were totally unattended. I once asked a doorman direction for a location and he abruptly asked me to go and ask from a taxi driver, to whom I wasn’t a customer and to whom I wasn’t paying! This was how averse the concept of customer service is to the hotel staff. And on my last day of the stay, I woke up to the sound of drilling and hammering on the floor above. I bothered not to complain either as it was pointless and as I will never step in to Mandarin Oriental hotel anywhere.

It’s a fabulous hotel with all the facilities that you would require. Sitting at the city center, the hotel is well furnished with posh and luxurious interior.

Amazing

Location, the hotel, staff, breakfast - everything is just amazing. We all loved our stay. I had a birthday FIVE days before I came to Mandarin Oriental. The hotel has really surprised me by delivering to the room a chocolate cake with written "Happy Belated Birthday" on it. Before Mandarin Oriental we have been to Ritz-Carlton, there we had arrived on the next day of my birthday and they have not done anything like that and I did not expect anything of them either. But here Mandarin Oriental has done this lovely jesture where it was not necessary at all and by that has really exceeded any expectations of mine. Really recommend this hotel.

Great hotel for relaxing and shopping.
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

Accessibility path to Suria KLCC and KLCC park.

The location of the hotel. Staff close to two icons of KUL: Suria KLCC and KLCC park just short walk !! Enjoy it.

Perfect 👌
    • Club King Room with Park View

The location was perfect for shopping and room view .. beside the KLCC park.. the kids enjoyed playing at the park and there was a shallow swimming pool where kids had fun .. also its near the aquaria.. the place was more than amazing , clean, kind staff.. highly recommended👍

Everything great except my limited edition sleep eyes mask...
    • Club King Room with City View

During my stay, seem like there were some celcebrities from other country stay on the same period. So there are some too noisy and many people on the elevator as they were looking for those celebrities.

Everything great except my limited edition sleep eyes mask was disappear from my room after cleaning though the staff try to find it out for me, it still gone TT

Felt like a queen for one night!
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Once in a lifetime experience- for normal people that are not used to stay in luxury hotels at least. Everything from the top to the end was amazing. Fast check in, helpful stuff, amazing room with great view on the towers, wonderful pool and restaurant, delicious whiskey bar with live music, extra ordinary breakfast! I really want to come back!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great Hotel in Downtown KL
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

Concierge booked me a reservation at a restaurant that was closing permanently in a few weeks and wasted an hour of my time becuase they had nothing in stock when I got there.

Very nice hotel, couldn’t really ask for much more. Multiple good restaurants and nice staff. Clean room, and nice facilities.

Best Hotel In The City
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

I really enjoyed my stay at the Mandarin Oriental. Awesome staff, facilities, extra comfortable even on the floor. Lol. The shower & tub are amazing, awesome content on TV and I was really relaxed and I enjoyed my 2 night stay. The only thing, I'd change up a bit is probably the food. It wasn't worth the price displayed on the menu .. just my 2 cents ..

Almost everything - location is fantastic, staff very...
    • Club King Room with Park View

MO provides luxury in probably the best location in KL; that requires a premium to be paid. However lots of pluses which outweigh the cost of staying here.

Almost everything - location is fantastic, staff very helpful from the doorman to the pool boys. Spa is excellent, and the breakfast delicious.

If you’re here to shop it’s the perfect location.
    • Twin Room with Twin Towers View

Traffic can get really congested at peak hours. Makes traveling a bit difficult during those hours, however all other times it’s not that congested.

If you’re here to shop it’s the perfect location. Suria is just beside and the pavilion is about 20 mins walk away.

The lobby lounge is a great place to enjoy the afternoon tea...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Maybe the bathroom need a little upgrading.

The lobby lounge is a great place to enjoy the afternoon tea, great views over the park. The bar next to the steak restaurant is cosy with a beautiful view over the park. The bedrooms are comfortable and so is the bed. Location of the hotel is perfect, next to a park and next to shopping mall.

Mandarin Oriental KLCC is fantastic
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

Our stay at Mandarin Oriental KLCC was a wonderful experience and the service was very professional and friendly. The room was large and clean and the view of the park was beautiful. A very memorable first stay for us both and we'll definitely be returning one day!

Disappointing for 5 star hotel.
    • Executive Park View Room

Food was very disappointing for a hotel this standard, many meals were returned and many just not tasty at all, and depends g on the chef in the kitchen tasted differently from day to day.

room was comfortable staff were friendly location was good for city centre but very difficult during rush hours to get out from.

Wonderful hotel, will be back!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Park View

Beautiful hotel, excellent service. We had a very comfortable stay. Loved the pool and the buffet breakfast was divine, very exciting selection of many different cuisines!

Best hotel I ever stayed in in KL.
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

The KYO club timing shoulda been better and had better communication in regards their opening & closing times, had to go to the lounge instead which was ok but the KYO club was closed an hour earlier than what it was suppose to.

everything, the breakfast and dinner buffet was so worth every penny although I wished it was included with my booking since the room was a bit pricey. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was nice, the staff in the hotel were super friendly, especially at the dining room, the massage was kinda expensive but was very professional, the view of the towers was nice and actually sooo close, Suria mall is literally 1 min walk from the lobby unlike most hotels. I wish I coulda checked out the pool but didnt have time. I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back here again.

Would stay again.
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Could not find anything not to like.

We liked everything.Were very impressed with the hotel, food, location and linen.We had room 2316 which looked out to the towers and the park. We also added the club deal which was well worth it. The shops were directly opposite the hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Will certainly use this hotel again.

It was suitable but the price was too expensive to what you got even when you consider the locat .
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I had heard a lot about the reputation of the mandarin oriental and I wanted to have breakfast included in the package . However, when I checked in there was NO breakfast and was room only!!! I would have never booked a room only preference!! Hence, I was miffed with the fact that this was not the case

located adjacent to the KLCC park and the Suriya KLCC

Excellent all round with great facilities and staff to make it a perfect stay.
    • Club King Room with City View

All staff in the hotel very polite and extra efficient. We had access to the Club Lounge during our stay. I would like to make special mention of Zahir, Zatun and Nizam in the Club Lounge who went out of their way to make our stay very special. We will be returning to KL next year and would not look at any other hotel to stay at. Location also excellent.

Very well maintained with excellent location
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

Taxi service they arranged to airport. The driver was very old and drove way too fast made us uncomfortable. It seems they come into the room whenever they want no matter we are/not in the room.

Location, room condition

Taking Customers Service to a Higher Level
    • Executive Park View Room

It started with an excellent airport shuttle, then a very impressive check-in process where they did it at the room that was ready at around 10 am. That really made us happy after a long flight! The overall experience is excellent from all aspects food, staff, connectivity, SPA and the amazing location near two twin towers and the nice mall over there. They also made a special cake for my 1 year kid birthday and gave him a nice toy! Thank you so much and this hotel will be for sure my choice for any other trip to Kuala.

Wonderful getaway at MO
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Got early check in. Front desk staff, Amirul was very warm helpful and pleasant. Request for upper storey room was fulfilled with view of the twin towers. Concierge and housekeeping staff were pleasant. Bed was comfy. Surprise us with a cake and flowers by the recognition team since we checked into MO for our anniversary. Wonderful! Will definitely come again.

Not up to expected standard
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Wifi registration was horrible, trouble with the portal registration, register a lot of information. Key cards stopped working 3 times during my 3 day stay. Not possible to change the aircon. There was no hotel in room menu present, had to call for it. Noise from the room beside. Expected more from a mandarin hotel, I am disappointed.

Good location and nice view. Spacious room. Nice staff, tried to be helpful.

MO one of the best/ best choice in KL!
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

At MO is actually nothing to like.

Location is perfect. Hotel in general very good. All staff friendly, helpful, know what they do! I especially value all at Aqua/ Pool - friendly, got a sense of humor, always helpful!

One of the best hotels in KL, amazing check in service,...
    • Club King Room with City View

One of the best hotels in KL, amazing check in service, exceptional staff at check in, concierge, Room service, etc. beautifully located next to KLCC twin towers, which grant direct access to the mall, and access to all major attractions within 15 minutes drive. Spa was beautiful, breakfast isa one of the best , if not the best, in KL with varieties form 5 different cuisines. We had a minor issue during stay, reported it to the front office and there was an immediate solution to our likings , we arrived on my wife birthday, and was greeted with nice compliment in our room to celebrate it. We asked for in room dine in at around 3 am Kl time, the food delivered was exceptionally good, hot and flavored. Definitely an amazing experience and would highly recommend visiting it . The whole staff were great but my special thx goes to Amirul at the front office for making our stay as much personalized and comfy as it was.

Excellent stays with many thanks
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing, everything is perfect...what could you possibly complaining about.

Lobby was beautifully decorated, smell really pleasant, staff are friendly and it’s very grand and luxurious feel. Room was surprisingly beautiful, modern yet contemporary, spotless clean, spacious, with everything you require.

Mandarin oriental, a gem

None.

Loved the room, it was a corner room, 2 windows overlooking klcc fountain. Big, spacious comfortable bed. Large bathroom and they are definitely not stingy with amenities- large tubes of shower gel and shampoo. Lunch at mosaic restaurant, lots of choices with friendly staff. Definitely a must visit whenever i come to kl

Sumptuous !
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

the breakfast is sumptuous , the drinks in the lobby are delightful, the chocolates for turndown are divine! And that's all in addition to the luxurious room. I'm a fan!

Air con that actually works.
    • Club King Room with City View

Nothing! Would recommend in a heartbeat

Air con that actually works.. I mean actually maintains the temp you ask for, super comfy bed, loads of little things, usb connectors BOTH sides of bed, same for light switches, great bathroom, and the club room and facilities on the 24th floor were a real bonus !!

Simply the best!
    • Deluxe King Room with Park View

Everything was perfect! In my opinion its simply the best 5 star hotel in KL with an unbeatable location. Attentive and friendly service! Newly renovated rooms and wellness facilities are amazing. I will sure come back for a longer stay.

Absolutely Amazing Hotel and Service Staff

No complaints

Everything about this hotel is perfect. The spa and pool were awesome. Service was exceptional in every way. We had a very late flight out the next day and after checkout they made facilities available that made everything so much easier. Loved this place!

Very comfortable mattress and don't forget to visit the Chinese restaurant
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

The bed mattress is way too comfortable. I asked house-keeping for the brand, which is King Koil, and I will buy one for my flat as well after this stay. The Chinese restaurant on first floor is a very good restaurant I have had in the past couple of years.

Very good location and just 5 min walk to twin towers .
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing at all , things just came out all perfect .

The stuff there was very helpful especially Yenny the desk manager and her assistant Meng , their service is mor then excellent !

Great location overlooking the towers and the park, great...
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Slightly discomforting smell around the hotel and the rooms (potentially due to guests and spicy food).

Great location overlooking the towers and the park, great rooms with excellent amenities, amazing open-buffet breakfast and dinner.

Fantastic service, go for the club room if you can afford it
    • Club King Room with Twin Towers View

We paid a little extra to stay in a club room (great tower view) and also on the MO website signed up to the MO club which can get you some nice little extras. The extra paid for the club room paid for itself with the club perks which are not obvious when booking. If you stay in a club room you get access to the club lounge - 360 degree views of KL, free afternoon tea, free drinks (including alcohol) and buffet food 5-7pm - as we were there for an anniversary celebration the staff suggested champagne - we had a least a full bottle of Moet, great perk. Food was delicious and a big range. Because of the MO club membership we were given a free late checkout - 5pm, awesome as our flight was not until 11pm. The service was excellent, highly recommended.

Amazing hotel in best possible location in KL! <3
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Food at restaurant by pool was tasteless

Amazing modern rooms with great view, super comfy beds & beautiful bathrooms, tasty free juice bottles, staff extremely nice&helpful, best location ever, outside lounge sitting area,good speed free wifi! loved absolutely everything!<3

Fabulous setting and amazing pool
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Shower didn’t get hot in one room and was subsequently fixed when told. Light fighting in our bathroom was buzzing and needed fixing 2301. Thought people servicing the room would notice this. Bar area was pleasant for pre dinner drink and loved the traditional music.

Pool and changing rooms Pool bar and pool staff Room

Not cheap, but it was the perfect hotel to stay a few nights for our honeymoon.
    • Club Executive Park View Room King

Service from the club lounge staff was top-notch. Super polite and professional, and never over-the-top. And club lounge food was excellent. Everything about the hotel was posh, even the lifts. Great location right next to Suria KLCC mall and Petronas Towers. 5 minute walk to KLCC LRT station. Beautiful view from our room over KLCC gardens.

Excellent staff, location, shopping, hotel services &...
    • Club Executive Park View Room King

The country is so humid, and this is countries nature. So pack shorts and Tees

Excellent staff, location, shopping, hotel services & facilities and cleanness

The hotel is located just beside Suria KLCC with shelter...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

The hotel is located just beside Suria KLCC with shelter covering you if it rains. Hotel staff is very friendly, they greet you almost immediately once you enter the premise or even when you exit from the lift. Rooms are spacious and clean

We loved every second of our stay here.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We loved every second of our stay here. We were there for my boyfriends birthday, the hotel made sure we celebrated in style. Cant wait to visit again.

Location is nice, close to twin towers and to the mall, food...
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

Laundry price was 950 ringet for 30 pieces(T-shirts, under ware) , more than the room price 750ringet .

Location is nice, close to twin towers and to the mall, food nice.

Quick KL getaway
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Traffic Jams around the area makes it difficult to get in and out of your going elsewhere but there’s the LRT as alternative

If you’re there to shop around KLCC then it’s ideal

MO’s location is unbeatable, and has some of the best views...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

MO’s location is unbeatable, and has some of the best views in Kuala Lumpur. The newly renovated room is good and the bed is so good that I can easily sleep for 10 hours or more (which is atypical in my case). I would highly recommend its room service and the hotel serves some of the best nasi lemak I’ve ever had!

Good, but could do with slight tweaks.
    • King Room with Twin Towers View

The telephone speed dial buttons didn’t work properly: tried to call the restaurant on multiple occasions but got the room service instead so I had to call the reception to get rerouted. Guests are allowed to smoke at the swimming pool area, where kids are around, people are trying to relax, or even get healthy by exercising. Please direct the smokers elsewhere. Hotels in Japan have dedicated floors or rooms - maybe try that. The wifi connection method is not the most convenient (I tried twice and gave up) - only reason I didn’t bother to clarify with the staff was because we were there for a bridal shower and did not require online access. I did inform the reception upon check-out, however. I booked the room with an extra bed, which was specified far in advanced, and I even called ahead to make sure that MO is aware that three guests would be staying in the room. Yet when we arrived, no extra bed. Had to call Housekeeping myself. Not that I mind so much but the 15 minutes it took for the call and then the staff setting up the bed could’ve been used to convince my friend to abandon her nuptial plans i.e. time much better spent. Would’ve much preferred said bed to be already there upon check-in. I expect this nonsense from Traders down the street, not MO.

Everything you’d expect from an MO, but a tad lesser (in my humblest of opinions) when compared to MOs in other parts of the globe. This is quite common amongst high-end hotels, in my experience - the ones in KL are not up to the same standards as the ones situated elsewhere in the world (the only exception I find so far being the Shangri-La over on Jalan Sultan Ismail). Can’t beat the location, though. And the view, GOOD LORD IN THE SKIES UP ABOVE! We had dinner at Mosaic and every bite was a heavenly mouthful. The staff was prompt, professional (yet friendly, not aloof) and accommodated every one of our request - spoke terrific English too. I organised this stay to celebrate a longtime friend finally tying the knot - MO and our room with the view of PETRONAS Twin Towers glittering against the night sky presented the perfect backdrop for us to send her off to lifetime incarceration and thankless indentured servitude! :)

Exceptional hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Charged in error for laundry (which hotel then reversed). Only blip in an otherwise flawless trip.

Exceptional hotel. Very slick and all staff incredibly friendly and on point. Whole place was spotless, including the room. Paid the extra for MO club access on 24th floor which was well worth it. Some (in fact just about all) of the food was eye-wateringly good. Will definitely stay again if ever back in KL.

Very good location, good food and entertainment, good staff...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The valets and the entrance staff were not ok. They take my luggage and waited to give them some money, tips. I didn’t, because I didn’t know how it works and they are that many. And they make me feel bad, embarrassed. I really didn’t enjoyed their behavior.

Very good location, good food and entertainment, good staff overall with some exceptions. It was my birthday and they make surprise, flowers and cake in my room.

Browse Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery