Reviews of Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur 5 stars

138 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#125 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Special Offer - Studio with Weekend Package

Staff were not well known about hotel package even their supervisor, after we sent a complaint to booking, they help us to sort this out, thank you booking team. The indoor swim pool small but it worth trying it. -strange point that the water with light yellow color without odors i didnt find it in my next stay hotel so i would recommend the hotel to check their main reservoir that not mixed with the rain. I would score them 10/10 but the incident that waste my time to claim my package spa score them less.

Breakfast Bed Best price with massage package for a couple. Location as it 5 mint. Walk to twin tower. Really, i got more than what i paid. I recommend to select spa package if you interesting in massage as you will save a lot. We got upgrade to suite, thanks maya hotel for this.

Comfortable room/bed.

When flushing the toilet, you need to flush more than once i.e three times :(

Comfortable room/bed..the staff at front desk and spa pool are very helpful. The Merdeka hi tea and buffett breakfast was good. Walking distance to KLCC. I had a great stay before and will be coming back again this weekend.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Left in the Morning around 730am and indicated for house...

Left in the Morning around 730am and indicated for house keeping to make up the room, requested for hair dryer and comb. Came back at 130pm, disappointed no hair dryer, comb and room not cleaned. Toilet, tap and bath water seemed yellowish. Staff at pool not friendly when requested assistance to switch on aqua therapy.

Not impressed with Maya - such a disappointment
    • Studio

We were given a room over looking a graveyard - was a horrible experience

Breakfast was good - room spacious but over looking a graveyard. We asked to change but were refused

It was not a perfect getaway for me and my partner at all. I want a partial refund.
    • Studio

I hope a partial refund is arranged for me as my stay was not comfortable at all.

The toilet's WC was leaking throughout my stay and even after reporting it, the flush system was not working properly so much so we had to fill in the water from the bidet before flushing. For a 5 star hotel, the guests should not be doing this at all. I am on holiday. Even the bidet was missing until I made a firmed request. The shower area was also leaking. The bathroom floor had water coming out from the shower floor which was on top wooden slabs.

Excellent location, great staff and facilities, worth every penny
    • Studio

- The flooring in the room betrays the age of the hotel. They might want to consider updating the floors. Not a deal breaker though. You barely notice it. - Water pressure when flushing the toilet on the 21st floor is a bit low so you need to flush more than once. Again, not a deal breaker. You wont spend a lot of time in the bathroom anyways. :P

- The staff were all very nice and helpful. - The breakfast buffet had a good selection. - The room was spacious and the beds were extremely comfy (e.g. with remote to raise up the top and lower half of the bed). - The hotel is only a short 5-minute walk to KLCC/Petronas Towers. - Very nice toiletries provided. The sandalwood soap was the best of the bunch.

overall was fine... just need to focus more on cleanlness even the hotel is old
    • Studio

bedroom cleanliness especially bathroom. glasses was dirty especially the one between bathroom and bed

The environment of lobby and entrance very cozy n pleasent, breakfast menu and longue complimentary.

Great location!
    • Studio

Not all the parts of the room was so clean on the 1st day. Seems like they give us a room which was not cleaned for a while. We had to call room service to fix toilet and to clean it, there were hairs (!!!). Curtains was stained too, some parts were really dusty. Apart from that everything was perfect.

I almost loved everything over here. Starting from breakfast menu, comfort and location!

The bathrooms and the rooms were wearing off and dirty.

The bathrooms and the rooms were wearing off and dirty. Beds were uncomfortable and smelly. Broken bathroom utensils and unhygienic. The hotel is in need of a major refurbishment.

EXCELLENT HOTEL.

Flush tank had a little bit issue as we had to flush some 2-3 times since it was slow.

The Interior design and the Ambiance. The cleanliness of the room and the hotel. An excellent breakfast and the friendly staff.

We got a deluxe suite and it was beautiful.
    • Deluxe Suite

We got a deluxe suite and it was beautiful. The room was so big and the view was great, we could see the twin towers from our room and it’s only a 7 minute walk to the twin towers.

Really enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool.
    • Studio

The hotel is big and impersonal. Lack of information offered in the hotel room. Usually there is some basic information available in hotel rooms to orientate customers to hotel facilities, not in Hotel Maya! We had to use the internet and google the hotel website to gain the info needed, such as what time the pool opened and closed. Even when we asked at reception for a directory of facilitites we were given a card wiich had very little info on it. There was no info re evacuation procedures available in our room.

Hydrotherapy pool is outstanding, the best part of our stay in the hotel.

Good hotel but bad housekeeping and checkin service with one chinese guy

When i reach hotel, i bring many things at my had and no one want help me. Ans when i rich lobby, one chinese guy that wear glasses asking me very arrogant and not smiling to me. How u can ask 'u sini kenapa' to the clients that just reach at lobby with heavy things at my hand. Maybe he think i dun have money. When check in time, he nit give smiling and talk not friendly with cus. He is manager office i think. Please be nice and friendly with cus. We pay for the room and not stay for free. And one more thing, i need to complain bout housekeeping coz not really clean and tidy. 4 days i stay here and 3 times i take housekeeping they not do good job and not tidy and not clean also.

Staff at restaurant when i order room service, one girl reception, and one man that bring me to see deluxe room when i want upgrade from junior suite to deluxe suites that i was made mistakes booking. He the best staff and very friendly with cus. And his service excellent. I forgot his name but hecis malay and he bring me from junior suite to look for deluxe room coz i want upgrade room. He also return my charger that i left at junior suite after i enter the deluxe room. And the best is easy to deal anything example when i want to extend and i stay here for 4 days alrdy in deluxe room and restaurant staff also good. Food also ok.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

We are here just for the hydropool.
    • Studio

The facilities are old. View of your room could be the cemetery beside the hotel. A lot of ants at the dining table in the breakfast area.

The hydropool.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great Location nearby KLCC
    • Special Offer - Studio with Weekend Package

The facilities need maintenance, the bathtub has stain and scratches on it. Some area of the room is dusty. The couch in the room was dirty. I know that it might not be the latest hotel in Kl, but I think a change of the cover of the sofa would have been better.

I had the room facing the cemetery, didn't mind it that much as it was quieter than the room facing the streets. Had the smoking room, i can barely smell any smoke when I enter. I mention this because i read other reviews stating that the room has unbearable stench of smoke. I did not experience that thankfully. Breakfast was good and variety. Despite that the facilities are a bit old, overall i enjoyed my stay.

Great hotel with the best value! Will return
    • Special Offer - Studio with Weekend Package

1) The toilet flush was not working in our room. 2) The Sky Lounge access was complimentary, starting only from 9 - 11pm. Staffs were nice, service was good - but the light refreshments were poor. Poor variation, took a while for the refill to come in. Most of the guests just left after sitting for a few minutes. View and ambience was good though.

1) Staff at the reception was great and friendly! They had my details all ready on the table even before I sat down, check-in was almost instant. 2) Hotel was generous in many ways. Welcome drink was free-flow and the Teh Malaya mocktail is a must-try. I was upgraded to the junior suite eventhough I was there on a weekend package. The most generous hi-tea spread I've had so far, the hi-tea is essentially the international buffet at the brasserie. Breakfast spread was good. 3) If you're planning for a staycation then this hotel gives the best value. Paid a very reasonable amount for their weekend package which included a one night stay, breakfast, hi-tea and spa massage for two. 4) Excellent service. Requested the complimentary "DVD loan" and it came within minutes. So did the technician and my in room dining order. 5) Clean rooms and easy to park.

Good deal and Nice Location
    • Special Offer - Studio with Weekend Package

It would be nicer if they could maintain or renovate some of their interior, e.g the roll up curtain didn't roll well / Floor with a lot of scratches mark / A coffee machine but no coffee provide. / Their stylist glossy black minibar closet but of course glossy black, you see all the dust.

Overall is a good deal hotel. The room space & interior is nice but it's old. The location is nice, only 5 mins walk to KLCC. Breakfast is nice too. We bought the weekend package with spa and the massage was really really nice, but would be nicer if they have more therapist. We're a group of 4 and only 1 therapist. So we have to go one by one.

NEED TO IMPROVE THE ROOM CLEANLINESS

I was happy hotel upgraded my room. The room quite big but interior design room very old style and bathtub are NOT clean. Booking picture bathtub is modern style then actual is old and dirty bathtub totally not the same. Even though I have set up light that makeup room and double inform front counter to makeup my room. When I come back my room still messy, inform front counter arrange maid to makeup room totally waited for more than half an hour.. :(

Great location. 4 mints walk to Nz cafe have a nice view take a picture.

Exceptional hospitality in a great location

Room wasn’t especially clean- dirty toilet bowl, some rubbish on the ground, clean sheets, but they showed several past stains Hours listed for the nightcap in the sky lounge are inaccurate- they closed well before 11

Super friendly and helpful staff, very spacious room, nice pool, excellent location close to the Petronas Towers, great and extensive breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Need to improve the maintenance...

Property is very old ( aprox 20 yrs ) over all cleanliness and maintenance was not up to the mark...

Location is good hardly 4/5 mints walk to KLCC ...

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

breakfast was fine
    • Studio

The hotel is not actually deserve 5 stars hotel,Interior design odf the room very old and room are not clean. At the same time ,Eventhough i have set up light that make up my room,when i come back night time,my room has not maked up. the money which you spend for this hotel is useless thanks

breakfast was fine

The location.
    • Studio

I ask for early check-in to the staff. Without system check, he answers me "No room" with the damn annoying face. I come back at 2:30 PM for check-in any only 2 counters open with so many guests without an assistant from the staff. Don't even have seat for waiting guests. The staff even argue with other guests regarding transport booking.

The location.

Excellent for business traveler
    • Studio

5 mins walking distance to KLCC. Pelita restaurant is just across the road. Daily complimentary coffee/tea and light snacks after 9.30pm at Skylounge.

Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur
    • Studio

It seems to be a nice place with a convention Center and hotel/offices buildings seperate. The place is nice with good views. Very polite staff but it's noisy.

Almost everything. The rooms are great but needs sound proofing. Foods ok. Like any other KL hotel.

Great location, perfect view, awesome pool, good treatment from staff
    • Studio

Could not have a chance to value the breakfast ))

We checked in 4 hours early and the staff said it's no problem and even upgraded our room. Staff helped us to find near medical clinic to urgently see our child. Pool is awesome, best ever for hydromassage. My daughter loving water was happy and her mood were higher after water procedures. Room has a perfect full stand view Location is also great, steps from KLCC

not satisfied

This is my 2nd time stay in this hotel, on the 1st time stay here I get very nice room, however to the 2nd time the room not like that i expected on the 1st time stay, I get linking in the bath room. I did call the reception to come and fix its and request to change the room as well , however the maintenance come and fix it. The lamp unable on switch on, the main switch always switch on even thought you already left the room. all the toiletries is very old version compare on the 1st time stay. the capsule of coffee machine had been open before never replace to new 1. Overall I really not satisfied on this time stay in your hotel.

the location is very strategic . the room very quickly

Enjoyable stay in the heart of KLCC

Housekeeping could be better

Good breakfast spread Complimentary coffee/tea and cakes after 9.30pm at sky lounge Friendly staff Good location within walking distance to KLCC

Comfortable stay and super location.

General upkeep and maintenance of the hotel has gone downhill since my last visit there. Needs a re-fresh

Room size, breakfast buffet and superb location. Nice welcome drinks in the lobby and lounge facility.

Honesty of housekeeping staff.
    • Studio

Honesty of housekeeping staff. Left a new bottle of conditioner in the bathroom n was told it's not there. If they can't be honest even in small matters like this I wonder what happen if more valuable items were left behind.

Nothing to compare

Nothing actually

The room is spacious and comfortable. It is modern and very smart designed. It contains a good size office desk, a big roomy entertainment area with sofa and chairs for many guests. The hotel has a heated pool and gym and steam room, guests can use the facilities even if it is raining outside.

Overall a pleasant stay...
    • Studio

-The bed mattress is not comfortable -Lousy cocktails at Sky Lounge due to new bartender -Cold porridge was being served at breakfast -Eerie view of the nearby cemetery

-Lovely hotel with spacious room with nice bathroom -Sky Lounge offers great view of KL Tower and Petronas Twin Towers -Within short walking distance to Suria KLCC

Excellent Studio Room
    • Studio

A bit upset with the view from my window. We expecting to see KLCC tower view, but we get graveyard view from our window.

Super comfy bed & nice bathroom. We enjoy with our stay. Very large room. Value for money. Very good breakfast.

Awesome stay.
    • Studio

Awesome stay... value for money. Special thanks to En Fahmi, Manager. Such an accommodating gentleman & was very professional. Our flight got delayed & we reached hotel past mid nite, but En Fahmi arranged everything exceeding our expectation

Value for money
    • Ramadhan Package - Studio Room Free Upgrade to Deluxe Suite

The WiFi connection is considerably slow for a hotel.

Room price including half board. The buka puasa menu is delicious and mouth watering. Great value for money!

Checked in late, however the staff who did my check in, was...
    • Studio

Checked in late, however the staff who did my check in, was very friendly and made the check in registration as smooth as possible. The room was spacious, the bed was comfy and the room facilities were all in excellent condition.

It was okay
    • Studio

The wifi connection is bad, quite hard to do work since i have to download and upload files../

I do like the room especially the bathroom. The bathtub is amazing

Am living the room 1606 and check in around 11:30am,after...
    • Studio

Am living the room 1606 and check in around 11:30am,after drop my luggage in the room and my friends decide to go out for shopping.Around 5:30pm we get back to the Maya hotel having a rest but after 30minute I felt my arm is get bite by the insects and I try to look around and found the ant on the bed and also we found load on the desk.So finally we decide to leave the hotel at 10:00pm,because we cannot accept the hotel was so many insects in the room.

1. Location since I have a English course at British Council...
    • Studio

1. Floor tile wood chip out and dirty some more (5 star hotel?) 2. Table clock not function (5 star hotel?) 3. Expose electricity wire under the table bed (5 star hotel?) 4, Broken safety box (5 star hotel?) 5. Broken telephone (5 star hotel?) 6. Speaker in bathroom not function (5 star hotel?) 7. Tight face F&B staff and also the manager on the ground floor. You think you the only one who fasting that day?(5 star hotel?) So glad if booking.com allow me to attached the picture of what I mean above. I wonder if someone booked the room thru booking.com, the hotel will give you the most worst room which other guest have a lot of complaint on it. FYI I'm staying at this hotel together with my colleagues (different room) who doing the booking thru hotel website and their room not facing the same problems as what I have. Booking.com please give your justification on this.

1. Location since I have a English course at British Council wish a walk by from the hotel (2 Minutes walk). 2. King Bed with 4 pushy pillow+1 extra 3, Pelita Nasi Kandar restaurant just opposite of the hotel.

Great location next to the potronus towers!
    • Studio

Great location next to the potronus towers! If it wasnt for the new hotel thats been built you’d have amazing views of them but unfortunately this has blocked the view. We got upgraded and were very happy with the room! The pool area is lovely to - apart from there being cockroaches scurrying around!

actually everything was good, just the room floor are bit...
    • Studio

actually everything was good, just the room floor are bit quite spoiled . Probably because of the material is wood. Hope in future will have some changes of this .

Did not plan on going to KL, but ended up staying an extra day because I liked it there.

Just needs a bit of TLC and a fresh coat of paint.

Room was huge and well appointed. With a little maintenance and splash of paint the place would be near perfect. Location spot on. No real negatives to report. This will be my "go to" hotel in KL for future trips.

Good location, nice food, friendly staff.
    • Studio

The facilities are quite old and the decorations are old as well.

The location is good and the staff is really caring and friendly. Food is cheap but fantastic, it is one of the best food I ever had in a hotel. The location is good, the hotel is facing the twin tower and it is walking-distance.

Bad experience
    • Studio

The bloody hotel locates next to cemetery, the book.com never has this comment in review, think the website had already filtered this info out of review portion, it's not a decent way to review the hotel and mislead the travellers to a wrong choice. Shame on it!

Bad experience, hotel located next to cemetery.

So so stay
    • Studio

Dirty room, non attentive FB staff. Western food.

Good location, wonderful pool spa. Hotel was worn out and dirty in many places. FB staff seemed not trained or did not care. Chefs where very polite. Wstern

Good place but bad service
    • Studio

Service is slow and terrible. They will call you on phone even if you are asleep just for a credit card authorization. Like you can run away and not pay them

Place is not bad at all, tub and bed is good

good but not really worth the expensive price. They should do better.
    • Studio

I think staff should guide guests how to use some facilities in the room because we can not use some of them. And I don't expect that there is no breakfast included or discount for guests, they just charge us as people who don't stay in this hotel. I think it is not a satisfactory.

I like the hot tub, and the room is clean and wide, staffs are good, and the study desk is good.

Will definitely revisit.
    • Studio

Had trouble going into our room as both entrance cards were not functioning. Got assistance from a staff who was nearby. The said staff had informed the front desk about our trouble and we were informed that the replacement cards will be sent to us in about 10 minutes but after waiting for 20 minutes, no one came. We also cant go to the swimming pool area because our cards did not allow us to press the elevator button to the designated floor. We then have to go to the front desk with our swimming attire just to validate our cards again. There is also couple of sharp items protruding out from the side out the pool area. We find it very dangerous for the kids.

The pool area was empty and we got the place all for ourselves. The pool water was not as warm as usual (we have stayed in the hotel for various times before) but it was ok for us.

Room need refurbish badly, dusty and dirty.
    • Studio

Dusty room and furniture, dirty window screen and dirty toilet bowl with urine smell, spoiled and wet parquet flooring (probably due to water from airconditioner), no coffee and tea available in the room.

Location (around 5 to 10 minutes walk to KLCC)

Would not recommend
    • Studio

Upgraded twice when we arrived as our rooms were very dirty. Dust everywhere and bedding had blood stains. Upgraded to their best room which was a big suite, still was dusty. Think this hotel has had it's day, it used to have a view of Petronas towers but now a new hotel blocks it. Therefore i think budget has been cut, especially with housekeeping and cleaning. The hotel needs investment badly.

Great location with fantastic service. Concierge service was super-really helpful!
    • Studio

Only had decaf coffee in room but when we called reception they sent 1 up for us.

Really comfortable room which had everything you needed. The staff were excellent, could not do enough to assist us. Breakfast was a veritable feast which included what has to be the best scrambled eggs I have ever had in a hotel/cafe!! Would definitely stay here again.

Perfect Holiday though it is short.

No complains

Rooms, Staff,Gim, Restaurants and surrounding. But we prefer if they can draw attention to maintenance little more.other than that It is a perfect place in KL, centrally located with all facilities.Our 2nd stay and next stay at KL would also be at Maya.

Staff were wonderful
    • Studio

Bathroom ceiling water damaged and leaking. Shower leaking onto bedroom floor....a lot of extra water. They forgot we were staying 2 nights so never made up the room and called us at 10pm plus to come and pay rather than wait till check out.

Staff were wonderful

Good but not amazing
    • Studio

The room was not clean even just after they "cleaned", which they did in 3 min max. Breakfast was very basic food. Lots of choice but basic food. Twice in my room it "rained". They didn't propose me to change of room.

Room was very big and localisation is perfect. If you are looking for space in a crowded city, it is really big :) Moreover the staff was efficient and even though they were problems, they always tried to solve them quickly.

The room is old , but the location is nearby KLCC .
    • Studio

The toilet is big , nice

The room is old , but the location is nearby KLCC . The stuff is nice. Overall is not bad , but i think need some improvement for the room.

Nice but not quite 5-star
    • Studio

After I checked in, it took them one hour to fix the wifi, it worked eventually but was on and off (for business trip, it was a bumper). I guess I got one of the room in the bad review - with a leaking bathroom ceiling and apparently they never fixed it. Aside from the lobby, the living quarter feels dated. Although I don't mind a little retro decor, things fell apart, like it was a photoshoot prop (nice to look at but no touch, like the facet knob just kind of fell off!) AC is not adjustable. Can need some improvement and it will be a wonderful place.

Location is very good. Walking distance to Twin Towers and KLCC. There are two really good Indian restaurants nearby. Near 2 monorail stations and Hop On Hop Off station is right across the street. Area general feels safe. Although I think the breakfast is over priced and over rated, I had a dinner one night at the Still Water restaurant in the hotel, and food and service are outstanding, so I want to make a special mention. Spa tub in room is great. Room is overall bright and clean.

We enjoy their restaurant
    • Studio

The front office staff isnt friendly and helpful. Rooms are quite worn out for a hotel rated as a 5 stars. Bathroom paip, shower is damaged. Rooms need to be refurbished.looks worned out

We enjoy their restaurant

poor
    • Studio

no wifi during my stay for 3 nights, aircond is not cold, bathroom is not very clean,hotel is next to the cementry, front office staffs not so friendly

location,breakfast

Generally clean and comfortable.
    • Studio

Hot water wasn’t working. Water wasn’t hot and was brown in colour.

Generally clean and comfortable. Great staff who helped to facilitate my early check in and late check out.

Relaxing stay
    • Studio

Parking lift is in separate building

Love the fluffy pillows. Soaking in the Bathtub after work is nice. If you’re not up to go out, just ring up and get a movie of your choice + order in.

For urban views addicts. Shop around for better option.
    • Studio

It is an old hotel. Run down almost to the point of three stars. Also many aspects are very old fashioned and although they are trying to refurbished it, it looks like infrastructure is crumbling. Hopefully they'll do some serious reconstruction that'll keep the old charm but make it more like 5-star looking.

The hotel itself is just fine. Bed is nice, rooms are huge, toilets are good. It boosts amazing views and a location right across Petronas. So it is something to be experienced. It is easy to catch any kind of transportation but even to do walking tours around KLCC.

Poor doesn’t deserve 5 stars at all ..
    • Studio

Bathroom , there is no fridge in the room , every thing in the room is so old

The hotel is old building the cartens are dirty the bathroom look poor it should not be so if its a five star hotel

Value for money, great location

A bit old.

The location is very strategic in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Walking distance to Petronas Twin Towers KLCC. Plenty of nearby shopping and dining. We made a booking for two rooms but upon check in we were offered an executive two rooms apartment suite. Very spacious and with very nice views.

The indoor pool was amazing.
    • Studio

The indoor pool was amazing. All of us enjoyed the breakfast. Best of all my mobile phone which was accidentally left behind was found and kept intact till I returned to pick it up. Well done.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Suite

The cards not working for lift and room. Staff moved our belongings out without inform us while we was outside. Never call to inform. We found out our luggage at lobby with shocked

Not at the moment

Excellent location, great breakfast, but hotel needs a make-over
    • Studio

I'm staying at the Maya hotel every time I'm in KL. However, maintenance is becoming a serious issue. The cabinet with the TV was broken and needs replacement. The minibar refrigerator was old and dirty and had one can of coke. Aircon started to make a lot of noise in the middle of the night. Paint in the shower is gone.... Not what you expect from a 5 star hotel. I've been in the Maya hotel many times but at check-in, it's always like I'm there for the first time. Every time I need to fill in my home address although I haven't moved in years.

Location is excellent close to the Petronas Twin Towers. Love the breakfast and beds are good. Spacy bathroom with shower and bath.

Exceptional gem in the heart of Damansara.
    • Special Offer - Studio with Spa Package

I was upgraded to a suite with access to 22nd floor premier lounge. Staff is exceptionally friendly and nice. Place is well maintained and extremely clean. Love all the lounge, bars, beautiful pool and lobby, Well design, modern and comfy.

Hotel with great service and good facilities but really need better maintenance
    • Studio

Need to pay more attention to housekeeping. We can see inches of dust on the air vent area and in the food and beverages cupboard. The hose next to toilet bowl is rusted and really unappealing. The floorboard, directly next to the toilet glass panels was showing signs of mold. Air conditioning is not cooling enough. I'm not sure whether it's preset at a certain temperature or not, we tuned it to 20 Celsius but it's still very warm probably around 28 Celsius.

Really nice pool, calm quiet environment, awesome view from the floor I stayed in (22nd floor). Friendly and efficient staffs. Good breakfast with rather sumptuous selection. The bed is comfortable and the pillows are fluffy.

The bathroom was filthy.
    • Studio

The bathroom was filthy. We were disgusted when we saw a clogged bathtub upon check in. Service was bad as we had to ask so many times before we were given a new room. Extremely disappointed as we had a higher expectation for a so-called 5 stars hotel. The hotel star rating definitely need to be re-evaluated.

Continually engaged phone lines for the 'One Call'...

Continually engaged phone lines for the 'One Call' facility making it hard to get any service. Room Cleaning was irregular and if you missed it then 'tough luck'. We tried 4 times to get room cleaned and to report a broken bath and no response.

Great place to enjoy a holiday with my parents!
    • Studio

I didn't like the fact that the lounge wasn't open till late in the evening. I was hoping that it would be made available for us guests to enjoy coffee with the wonderful scenery even in the afternoon. There are a lot of bikers blaring their engines late in the night, I hope the hotel could call / warn the authorities about this as those blaring noise does disturb us quite a lot.

I love the view from this property, the bed is very comfy. Great breakfast!

Bad stay. Never will go again in this hotel.

The rooms were not cleaned at 3:PM The door of the bathroom was blocked ( with me inside !!! ), no help from the staff ! Noisy Staff unpleasant Building badly maintained

Good breakfast Good location

An OK hotel for a night or so...

Check in was really slow, not too friendly and could have been more pleasant. After being given a smoking room our moods dropped but fortunately they that had the foresight to amend their mistake.

Good breakfast choice, lovely bath after receiving an upgrade. We had booked a non smoking room but we were given a smoking room, however they were professional and we were upgraded to a better room.

A stay in KL
    • Studio

My room was at the 3rd floor, where to corridor had a lot of food smell during certain times of the day; the rooms and furniture -in my opinion- worn a lot, you can understand from the door at first glance. The desk area of the room had very small and fast bugs, which I may have brought some of them with me in my bag, which was awful. The house keeping was a little problematic too.

The property is located very centrally, 2 minutes away from KL Twin Towers. I have been upgraded because I was staying 5 nights and my room was the biggest when thinking about the rooms I left behind during my 2 months SE Asia trip and the bed was good in size and comfortable. The breakfast was ok with good variety of food, fruit and an egg station too. The shower, bathroom and dressing area were spacious and there was even a desk.

Breakfast was multifunctional - for western, Asian, Indian...
    • Studio

The pool area was dirty (bird droppings), the bathroom should be more clean

Breakfast was multifunctional - for western, Asian, Indian people, fresh juices, fresh fruit,..; The lobby and service was perfect; only few minutes (4min) from the Center away; the room was clean

Magnificent stay

Despite reading some bad reviews which i personally feel didnt do justice to the hotel, my stay at hotel maya was definitely a real good stay. The reception was very quick in checking us in, Aldein if i got it right was very welcoming. We were upgraded to deluxe suite and the room is super big and comfortable, almost look like an apartment. We stayed at level 19 and our view was the cemetery beside the hotel which didnt bother us as we had the blinds and curtain drawn all the time. The walk in wardrobe and bathroom blown me away. Super love it. It was definitely a great stay with strategic location to KLCC, just abt 10mins walk. Opposite there is a 24hr eatery. The hydrotheraphy is great although a bit small but i think its purpose is not for lap swimming.

Browse Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery