Reviews of Meliá Kuala Lumpur 4 stars

16 Jalan Imbi, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#76 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Meliá Guest Room

Staff very efficient and helpful. Comfortable rooms, recently renovated. Excellent central location, across from the Time Square Mall and near Metro station. Recommend the breakfast buffet.

• Meliá Guest Room

It took us 10 mins to walk under the sun to get to the MRT station. Other than this, everything was fine.

The location and its proximity to Bukit Bintang Road. Value for money among all similar star hotel in the vicinity.

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

I booked a club room from 6 to 9 June. I made the booking about 3 months ahead. I only found out upon check-in that the lounge was closed for renovation. This means I paid extra (about 50% more) for amenities I didn't get to enjoy (e.g. no exclusivity, no newspaper). While the hotel did try to make up for the loss of the lounge, I still feel short changed. If I had known that the lounge is unavailable during the dates I would be in KL, I would not have made the booking.

The location is superb. Hotel is within walking distance to Berjaya Time Square, Low Yat, Plaza Sungei Wang and other shopping malls. It is also next to a monorail station. As this hotel is established in KL, most taxi drivers would know its location. So, booking a ride with Grab is easy.

• Meliá Guest Room

I am not too sure, perhaps there could be some sort of a rooftop bar if space permits?

I liked almost everything. If I had to pick on something , Maybe the bar prices were a bit high for the bottles.

• Premium Guest Room

Nothing. Everything was excellent.

I would like to personally thank Navin and his staff for making me and my wife's anniversary a very memorable one. Melia is the place to be if you're in KL, very professional service, excellent vibe, superb location and great staff, alot of variety at breakfast. Can't go wrong with Melia. I will only stay at Melia when visiting KL.

• Meliá Guest Room

We've twin beds, beds are singles, we find the single beds a little small for a twin room.

Breakfast was excellent, room is comfortable and modern especially the window sofa with view! Loved the shower too. Close to everything around Bintang, lot 10, Pavilion, Alor etc. Staff are so professional and friendly! Makes us feel right at home.

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

Loved the location! Very easy to walk to main places, bonus with a monorail station and large shopping centre right out front. Convienice stores either side for any needs. The room was amazing, spacious and the bed very comfy. Breakfast had a large variety! Staff all lovely and always helped when needed, highly recommend!

• Premium Guest Room

The fridge is kinda old and does not work properly as my drinks turn out to be warm when we kept it inside

The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable

• Premium Guest Room

Booked an executive king room but when checking in was advised I would be in a standard twin room. This was quickly rectified but apparently the only double or king room available was on a smoking floor. Having no choice I had to stay on a smoking floor. Smoking rooms and the floors they are on are disgusting and it is completely unacceptable in this day and age that a reputable hotel still allows smoking, even if it is restricted to designated floors. I wouldn’t stay in this hotel ever again while it allows smoking.

Check in staff were very helpful in resolving problems at check in.

• Meliá Guest Room

The reception people the first day, wrote my name as CLESO no Celso. So they told me that the pasword for the internet and Wi-Fi, was my name, which I understood was CELSO . I always had to go to reception people for connecting my phone to Wi-Fi . I knew the last day that the password was CLESO and no CELSO. It is better the reception people write the first name correctly. It was no posible to choose any TV channel in spanish language. It was no posible to connected to Spanish TV ( Melia is a spanish company) I booked the reservation by the Booking.com Hotel, by internet and I have the Silver Melia Card as shareholder member and no any points in my Melia Card for the FIVE nights. How thats is posible??

The bed was comfortable

More comfy bed.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Directly opposite Berjaya Times Square. Staff was friendly and making it easier to communicate.

• Meliá Guest Room

The color scheme of the room was just absolutely pretty, mauve grey/purple walls with dark brown laminated wooden floor. The bay window seat with green cushions were really gorgeous. And excellent movies on the TV every night.

• Meliá Guest Room

Ask if i could have a late check the previous night and the person inform me the hotel was full, However the next day i spoke to a other member of staff at the same reception desk. Who accepted my request without any hassle.

Breakfast was good and the bellboy staff was excellent and very helpful. The area is central and great for shopping.

• Meliá Guest Room

They didn't have bananas in the morning

I liked the selection of fruit in breakfast. The room was spaciously comfortable and kept clean. Even though facing main road there was no traffic noise.

• Meliá Guest Room

Extremely uncomfortable beds. It’s the least you expect from a hotel when on holiday. Just horrible. Housekeeping didn’t clean room on 2 days even after we complained.

Very nicely renovated

• Meliá Guest Room

The bed is a bit stiff and the spring reflected that the bed is due to be changed.

Location location location. A very strategic location and close to everything at Bukit Bintang.

• Meliá Guest Room

Had trouble linking my phone onto the WiFi, which worked fine with my notebook.

Staff very helpful with advice and service. Great location to link into nearby shopping, including 6 story technology (phones, computers etc) building just behind and two streets behind a street taken over by evening food stalls; great variety of food and prices. Large room with comfy bed. Did not take the hotel breakfast because plenty of low-cost local style options nearby. Convenient for KL business contacts to meet me at the hotel.

• Meliá Guest Room

We stayed in the hotel many years ago. And we were pleasantly surprised to see the newly refurbished room. We like the fact that the floor is not carpeted. Everything was perfect.

• Meliá Guest Room

One side of the wall of the room is concrete but The other side is actually partition which is not appropriate cause i can obviously hear whats going on next door & i can hear Footsteps from upstairs.

Love the sofa in room 412 & its clean & comfortable

• Meliá Guest Room

If the bed are more soft and fluffy it would have been great.

The room was spacious, clean and neat. Nice and cosy. My room overlooking Berjaya Time Square. Overall I am happy with the staff service - very friendly and welcoming.

• Meliá Guest Room

The breakfast can be improve on the taste. This was my second stay here because I love the morning breakfast. But the second time I stayed the taste was lacking behind. Please improve on that

The hotel room was good and clean.

• Meliá Guest Room

I was told the lighting and tv was controlled by sensors. But please pit a note to inform guests on this. Also something went wrong with the sensor I think, the light was on and off even we are in the room. Also the room service was lousy. The food that we ordered are either out of stock or tasteless. This really bring down the standard of the hotel.

The location is great, reception staffs are helpful but slow in processing the check in/ out. The bell boy or concierge are polite and helpful, even offered umbrella to guest as it was raining.

• Meliá Guest Room

Table in room is fixed parellel between two wall-touching Sofas. So, seating off the table is awkward. I ordered B/F in Room,and came bit delayed, Omelette was soggy and Liquid, cold, and No Sauce+ Salt+pepper+Jam. Did not have time to call again and ask as was getting late for Airport.

Excellent Location, Spacious Reception Hall, very courteous Bell desk and all reception staff. will stay again. I feel this is better property ( I was told they just renovated) than other same priced Bukit Bintang main road hotels.

• Meliá Guest Room

Payment was a hassle as I thought the hotel already deduct from my credit card. As the booking was for my parents they had to pay cash upon arrival as deduction wasn't made and they did not have my credit card with them.

The staff was very helpful.

• Meliá Guest Room

Noisy. Get a room that is not facing the city.

Close to everything. Right across from Berjaya Times Square, makes it convenient. Several 24 hours store in the area for quick shopping.

Nothing yet.

Nice and friendly staff. Check in and check out was a breeze. Location was great near to choices of eateries and surrounded by some popular and major shopping complexes.

Nothing.....a

Everything was just perfect....even the Lady who attended us in the lounge to organise our city tour. In one word it was a marvellous week end.

• Meliá Guest Room

The hotel does not accept USD cash and I was told to go exchange it across the street at the Berjaya Times Square and was rudely dismissed. It was actually the Bellman who gave me another option which did not require me to take the overpass to go across the street. The bed was hard and pillows were old. The aircon Iwas turned off every past midnight.. The comfort rooms was not well cleaned. Having worked in the hotel myself As Training Manager, Melia hotel can still be the hotel of choice if the guest services staff can improve their guests relations skills because of the location and large size of their guest rooms.

The room is larger compared to newer hotlels

• Meliá Guest Room

The only thing wrong with this hotel is the severe lack of sound proofing, I was on the 3rd floor facing the monorail...I might as well have been on the street. I even checked the windows to see if they were open, the noise of traffic was so loud, they weren't. So glad I packed earplugs. There are many comments from the management saying they are 'dealing' with the issue. I just don't see any evidence.

Quality of rooms and location are superb, staff very friendly and helpful.

Old property

Location very near to Bukit Bintang In front of Monorail Station (Imbi) Price to facilities & properties Baby crib availability Two Queen size bed exchange for One King Size Bed (when it wasn't available) Indonesian speaking Front Desk

• Meliá Guest Room

After a hard day work, there is no massage and spa within the hotel facility. You need to walk out of the hotel to get a massage which you feel unsafe of the environment and pricing.

The staffs are all very friendly. The room make up staffs are very good and will not miss to replace items that have been used, unlike some other hotels.

• Meliá Guest Room

The location of the hotel is superb. Very easy access to Times Square and Pavilion. Room is spacious and very comfortable. I will definitely book this hotel again for my next trip.

• Meliá Guest Room

There was no hot water and I had to wait about 5 minutes for the water to warm up. Drainage wasn’t good as the shower was flooded while I showered and overflowed into the whole toilet. The previous time I stayed, it was excellent.

Location was excellent and bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Staff were friendly.

• Meliá Guest Room

The elevator should be maintained more as I can see, it shows poor maintenence especially on the door of the elevators.

The staff are very friendly and do their best to assist me during my check in and check out.

• Meliá Guest Room

Check in was delayed on 1 of the 4 rooms booked which was a bit tiresome after flight but staff made up for it with their extreme kindness day after day.

Hotel staff were extremely pleasant and friendly making a point of speaking every day and getting to know the family. Always offering to help in any way.

• Meliá Guest Room

Everything was good. Staff is all so helpful. The thing i don’t like is the room as its quite dim for a hotel room. First time staying in a hotel thats very dim. Some ppl may like as it seems romantic but not for someone as scared as me. Haha! I did tell the front desk regarding this and they help me adjust a-bit. But just for one day and its dim back.

Its very easy access to berjaya times square. Its just opposite and you can simply take overhead bridge as its connected to the mall. I would choose this hotel again for my next visit. Very convenient! Plus close to most mall. Like pavilion you can just walk 10 mins to reach. Google map guys😬

• Meliá Guest Room

Staff reception rude and completely can’t do good customer service. Any simple case going very long and if you complain they ask security come immediately. This hotel rules and service like north korea style. Customer dont have any rights. Just pay money and don’t say anything. Room and location is really good but way they service broke it all. In Kuala Lumpur can find better place for that money.

• Meliá Guest Room

Staff name Rusna/Rusma not friendly and a bit rude I must say. Love everything about the Hotel but thinking back about her attitude makes me think twice to stay here again.

Clean room, comfortable bed and pillows, room in excellent condition! Modern room and bathroom design. Good location for dining and shopping. Staff name Prema friendly and asked me abt my stay during check-out.

• Meliá Guest Room

I had requested for a double sized bed during booking. But was given two twin beds. Front desk was not able to help change.

The shower was awesome. Room was cold and spacious.

• Meliá Guest Room

One small matter when I checked in the receptionist she was fine but i wish she asked me smoking room or not, so I don’t need to go down again because she give smoking, when i made the booking I choose non smoking room because i have a baby.

Clean room, great location and comfortable room

• Meliá Guest Room

I booked a room which include half board option. However when I was ready for my dinner, the kitchen was actually closed and there was no dinner prepared. I was not informed about this when I checked in. The hotel is situated in the heart of KL, so the traffic in front of the hotel is kinda noisy. No free parking available. I have to pay for it.

Spacious and extra clean room. I love the room's deco - simple yet elegant. The room also smells good. They have a very good spread of breakfast buffet.

• Meliá Guest Room

I was entitled for a Half board and I was told that it is a open buffet. But at dinner time, I was set to choose from a menu and not a buffet as the hotel claimed. Which was a very bad experience as the reason I choose the hotel was because they provide a half board.

The bed was amazing

• Premium Guest Room

I would like to see more improvements on the breakfast, more international contents. The pillows need some refreshments, some of them are smelly.

I like the location of the Hotel, top spot.

• Meliá Guest Room

Comfortable and clean room, location of the hotel is excellent near to shopping center and monorail station. I would definitely stay in this lovely hotel again.

• Meliá Guest Room

after renovation, the rooms and bathroom were much improved. used to be a frequent guest in the past and had not stayed at Melia after the renovation.

• Meliá Guest Room

Staff warm check in welcome, than ist went south, bad English, almost no support, even printing a boarding pass is an issue.

Clean and modern, photos match to the internet

• Meliá Guest Room

Our stay at Meliá Kuala Lumpur was fantastic, we were upgraded to a better room and my favorite part of it all was the amazing bathroom. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable and the location is great. It's right across the street from Times Square. I would definitely stay in this lovely hotel again.

• Meliá Guest Room

Breakfast quality was disappointing especially the coffee. A hairdryer in the room would have been nice

Large bath towels. Comfy bed. Clean room and excellent location

• Meliá Guest Room

bedbug is just so annoying ,the hygience problem should really need some attention

location is strategic which nearby Berjaya times square and other shopping malls

• Meliá Guest Room

very rude staff, cramped bathroom, dirty rooms and spots on sheets.

location was good, right across the road from berjaya times square and walking distance to bukit bintang

• Meliá Guest Room

the staff is friendly and accommodating bed is comfy shower pressure is great breakfast big spread however only the booking rate is not the same when i have to pay at the front desk..it is extra 120MYR from the original rate from booking.com

• Meliá Guest Room

Overall experience is about expectation.

The room is great with comfort bed and amenities. Breakfast is nice with variety of choices. Closed the public transports and major shopping centers.

• Meliá Guest Room

- The room was not clean, the bedsheets had holes and I got a red painful rash on my leg in the morning. No bathrobes provided. - Dated interiors and poor service. - They lost another customer's luggage which we overheard whilst in the lobby.

Great location in the centre of town.

Service. FrontDesk.

Melia just undergo a major renovation. Hence their room are really clean and everything is new. Cool. But I Guess the downside is the service. Especially the staff during check in.

• Meliá Guest Room

Tiny swimming pool. The man from reception never called me back when I asked for double bed room instead of twin bed room, after check in. Even though he asked me to wait for his call while he checked the availability.

Head shower has high water pressure, love it.

• Meliá Guest Room

1. Broken shower 2. I didn't get what I requested which is a queen bed and was given a twin bed instead. Yes, the staff explained to me nicely but he can just upgraded me to a queen bed room

1. Comfy bed 2. Very clean pool 3. Nice tube elevator

• Meliá Guest Room

Been staying there whenever i go to KL. Over all was great. Except for this time the room is dusty, and i felt itchy all over my body.

Near to mall, very convenient

• Meliá Guest Room

toilets were old. floor was a little sticky. bedsheets weren't the freshest smelling. thin walls, could hear phone calls and conversations from next room.

the make-up room guy on floor 9 was nice.

• Meliá Guest Room

check-in : my booking was not in their system, 20 min to check-in, was asked to take a smoking room, fortunately the manager found a proper room

Spacious room, high ceilings, clean, well maitained

• Meliá Guest Room

The staff that entertained me during my checking in was a trainee. She was so slow that i took almost half an hour just to settle everything. She couldn’t identify my booking at first which has never been a problem at any hotels before. Plus, I believe she didn’t not check my bed preference. I wanted a queen bed but was given a room with two single beds. But since I was running late for a date with families, I didn’t ask for a room change. I hope Melia management do not leave trainees to do things alone if they’re not familiar with their tasks yet.

The wide range of breakfast. The location is superb. The cleanliness of the room. The modern look of the room.

• Meliá Guest Room

Receptionist when we chk in wasnt friendly at all toward us asian or shld say local . Which doesnt give us a very gud start from the beginning . Anw is a malay young guy, no greeting smile all. Which really disappoint me .

I love e location is prefect

• Meliá Guest Room

At arrival, I enjoyed the hospitality at reception but Salam at checkout, I would pass him off as inappropriate service attitude. (1) No eye contact with head downcast to type, hand outstretched to ask in a tone that struck as 'why-am-I-asking-you-for-it' for "The receipt", (2) Him talking loudly in his mother tongue to other colleagues whilst we were still waiting for him to complete refund transaction. I don't mind staff chatting amongst colleagues but not so loud in front of guests. Sour my impression of Melia. However, if future guests don't mind off handed or callous attitude (my personal experience stated herein and preference in service) like Salam because you might not encounter him as his other colleagues appear appropriately polite. Staying in Melia is a very good choice.

The spaciousness of the room and its location. Although a distance away from LRT/MRT, shopping and eating are within immediate proximity.

• Meliá Guest Room

A very convenient location next to Imbi monorail station. Room was enormous and immaculately clean with great amenities. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Meliá Guest Room

Nasi lemah was not perfect. I would like the pool to be heater. A table to be used for a second suitcase!

My wife and I have stayed at Melia 4 times more than any other hotel in KL. We were on the 5th floor this time. We found the hotel room was even better than the last time. Even better room security. A great choice for breakfast. The air conditioning was very very quiet.

• Meliá Guest Room

The beds were a bit stiff and the view from our bedroom was not quite what I expected.

Very close to the Jalan Alor street food market and Pavillion mall. Batu caves and Petronas towers were within driving distance as well. Nice room.

• Meliá Guest Room

Room comfort is below expectations in terms of cleanliness, bed comfort. Breakfast is good for first 2 days then it becomes unappealing as they don't change menu.. we stayed for 5 nights an they didn't change menu. Location is far from pavilion

Location is good if you want to go to Times Square. Staff is great!

• Meliá Guest Room

To make the story short, we booked 4 standard rooms for Sat 2 Dec 2016 night. And made another booking for Su.3 night. When we arrived at the hotel on Sa 2nd at 6.00 p.m., we were told 2 rooms were not ready and that we would be upgraded to 4 adjacent premium rooms. On Su. 3rd morning when we went to leave the room keys at the reception we were told we had to move out of 2 rooms to other standard rooms since it was not the same booking. After some lengthy negotiation, paying RM100 plus, and 30 minutes later we were free to roam KL again.

• Meliá Guest Room

Bed makes a lot of sound when one move. There was one day where our room was not cleaned until 5pm. Housekeeping came during turn out service timing.

the room was a nice size with comfortable seats. Staff were very friendly especially the Housekeeping team we saw along the corridor as we exit and enter our room.

• Meliá Guest Room

Checking in and payment process were not smooth. Rooms were not available upon the day of arrival and was originally assigned with smoking rooms as replacement. However, the staff managed to give us upgraded non-smoking rooms.

Free upgraded to premium room because there is no other rooms available. Location is good. Room is big and clean with great shower facilities in bathroom.

• Meliá Guest Room

The staff did not explained clearly on the upgrading of the room. I feel that the staff should explained about the payment of upgrading and not after when wanna check out.

the bed at the Level is huge. very spacious place.

• Meliá Guest Room

The extra money we have to deposit as security.This should have been made clear while doung the booking.

Everything was good. It was my third stay there.i would appreciate if regular clients like us could get some sort of upgrade.The security and the bell boy ,one named hassan were very polite and helpful and polite. All the staff were well groomed .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor service with loads of noisy kids! We were put on a floor with a bunch of teenagers that were playing a soccer tournament. They were running in the passages and making a racket. When we asked to move they moved us to another floor with another soccer team. Really noisy so we could not get a good nights sleep. The hotel was full during our stay and one day they did not make up our room. We made up our own bed! While on holiday! Managers response was really poor (simply apologized). We were told that housekeeping was off duty! This was after we called 4 times and were told that they will come soon to clean up the room. I would not recommend this establishment.

Great location but the elevator at Imbi station was not working so we had to carry our bags down the stairs. It’s very close to Imbi station which made it super convenient to travel around once we checked in.

• Meliá Guest Room

There's no queuing system for the front desk during check-in & out. Even though the check-in & out process was fast. On the 1st day, the hotel room door locking system malfunction. Door unable to lock from outside. Have to wait for nearly 30min for them to rectify will we are stuck in the room. Finally have to request for room change. On the 3rd day both room access cards unable to use. Need to request for front desk to reprogramed the cards.

Near shopping locations. Walking distance to Bukit Bintang. Nearby Imbi monorail. The hotel newly refurbish.

• Meliá Guest Room

One of concierge staff tried to persuade us to get a taxi to Chinatown saying a 30 minute taxi drive was the only way to go. Luckily we made enquiries and it’s posdible to go either 2 stops on the metro right outside, or 2 stops on the hop on hop off bus right round the corner. The advice was given for a morning trip.

Fabulous hotel in perfect location. Metro right outside, hop on hop off bus round the corner, shopping centre directly across the road, vibrant nightlife just round the corner. Really comfortable bed, had a fabulous nights sleep. Nice bars.

• Meliá Guest Room

We didn’t get the rooms we requested. And I don’t know why we write the name of each room if they will use the name of the person booked.

The stuff are nice and the location was prefect. Just in walking distance.

Browse Meliá Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery