Reviews of Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi 5 stars

Pantai Cenang, 07000 Pantai Cenang, Malaysia

#23 of 96 hotels in Pantai Cenang

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Loved the space, lounge chairs by the ocean, friendly staff...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

No place to put your towels in the bathroom despite it being so large!

Loved the space, lounge chairs by the ocean, friendly staff and easy but private location

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

They have two differnt breakfast places.
    • Family Room

Not enough shade at the pool for the little ones

They have two differnt breakfast places. At the beach it was more western breakfast, but nobody told us. Location, location. Take a buggy car to go to the gym (the resort is huge) walk the beach to reach restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

The view, the room and everything else is awesome.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The segregation of the asian breakfast buffet and the western buffet. You guys should mix it up a little. The view from the western buffet is awesome. A suggestion of mixing both western and asian buffet at the sea view would be awesome. This is not a complain but just a suggestion.

The view, the room and everything else is awesome.

Great resort
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The prices in hotel restaurant and bar was generally a bit higher but you can visit many restaurants on the main street which is about 10 minutes by walk from hotel. There is few things which I think shouldn't happen in 5 star hotel: 1) We requested separate beds. This we also mentioned many times at check-in. After they assured us that in our room are separate beds we were very surprised after we came in room and there was only one king bed. 2) In shower was loosed the shower holder. I think the housekeeper have to know this when cleaning and should give this information automatically to hotel service for a fixing. 3) Air conditioning was very noise for sleeping also in sleep mode. We had to switch it off before sleeping. Luckily there was a ceiling ventilator which we used at night.

Very nice resort with a lot of possibilities what to do. Immediately next to the nice beach where were not a lot of people during our stay. The room was nice and big. They have two possibility for breakfast - local food in lobby restaurant and western food in beach restaurant. We tried only western breakfast and was great for us - a lot of choice. Also the dinner buffet was excellent - a bit higher price, but the food and choice was really good. Staff was very kind and smiling every time.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great beach and near night market.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Spilt air conditioner not Central air-conditioning , mosquitoes at night , not so good lights at night, not having enough tv channels, Have to call for gulf car for transportation and nothing in the minibar.

The cleanest beach in Malaysia,clean rooms,great staff,room view,honeymoon welcoming,big clean bathroom,tube inside the bathroom, comfortable beds and again the beach was amazing.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Location is perfect and great sunsets.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Old and a bit run down. The aircon in the room did not work properly and despite be asking twice the staff didn’t fix it. Service was a bit slow in the restaurants. Food in the beach facing restaurant was very poor.

Location is perfect and great sunsets. Food in the Asian restaurants very good and staff responsive.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

We are resident in Penang and will stay in the Meritus any time we return to Langkawi
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

I can think of nothing to criticise.

The staff everywhere were smiling, polite and anxious to help us in every way. The food in the various eateries was always of the highest standard and quality.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great Challe location.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Renovation going on near the villa, a little bit noise during the day.

Good location, easy to get around, walking distance to shopping street, restaurants and massage places. Friendly staff and very professional. Our villa beach front, great location at the propriety, great sea view, big balcony and very confortable and good lay out.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Marvlous
    • Pelangi Suite

Only stayed for one night, over all its all good.

the staff are so friendly and helpful, accommodation is very nice indeed, the beach is totally mesmerizing

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great location with a short walk into town.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Prices in the resort are very high. For example, the Island hopping tour cost 90MR, outside I paid just 30MR for the same tour. My advice is to venture out in town for tours, food & drink and spa treatments.

Great location with a short walk into town.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Location is good.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The resort has seen better days, in the past it could claim 5 Star status - regrettably not any longer! Langkawi has so many other options.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Overrated
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poor arrogant attitude of senior staff. Over priced food. Overrated resort. If you want a 5 Star resort there are better options.

Private beach area.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The Pelangi Suite was everything and more!
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I must rate the Cba restaurant very poorly. No idea how to make a drink, overpriced, crap selection of food. Room service menu on the other hand is much much better and I really enjoyed the quick and easy service. Cba is the only downfall of this place. Everything else sort of compensated for the poor quality of the restaurant, because everything else exceeded expectations!

The Pelangi Suite was everything and more! All the trimmings! Beach access was perfect. Beach alone, was beautiful. Free Breakfast champagne was a plus! Beautiful grounds. Simply stunning stay! Very kind, welcoming, accommodating, and warm staff.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Area and rooms were very nice. Service staff needs a lot of work as they are uninformed.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Construction right outside the room resulted in terrible lack of privacy during the day and staff were not able to give us any answers regarding when the construction would end or stop. Felt rather frustrated.

Liked the space in the room and the space in the washroom. Felt spacious and comfortable. The sand wasn’t a big issue because of nice carpets and water outside to wash your feet.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Other than those slides I had mentioned, the pools are...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

The three dino water slides at kids' pool had stagnant water at the bottom. Probably more than a day old & not replaced/rotated. That water didnt look clean. It could be poor plumbing at the end of the slide. But the rest of the pools were beautiful and clean. Tried visiting the kids' farm, got chased out by the geese. Farm staff didn't assist, he just gestured to enter from afar. But the geese kept chasing my kids and myself out. Lol.

Other than those slides I had mentioned, the pools are awesome. They have two beautiful & huge pools in the resort. Plenty of space to swim. There are pools with bubble jets too. Resort is next to, beachfront, Pantai Cenang that has beautiful white sands. Staff are generally super friendly. Check-in was personalised. Leisure centre staff was welcoming & suggested activities for us to do. Restaurant staff was very friendly, especially the chef.

Staff were very welcoming and accommodating, especially in...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Not the hotel’s fault but the people in the room upstairs were very loud into the early hours of the morning.

Staff were very welcoming and accommodating, especially in the cba restaurant. The room was spacious and both pools are lovely.

Great location, one of the nicest properties in langkawi and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Communication can be an issue. Not much staff around the cascade pool. Food is better than most in langkawi but even then not the greatest

Great location, one of the nicest properties in langkawi and would recommend. Gorgeous rooms and layout, ideal place to stay.

I enjoyed most everything about this Resort.
    • Beach Front Family Room

There were two things we did not like about Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort. Firstly, the swimming pools were very cold and not heated. Secondly, the western breakfast was everything other than a western breakfast style.

I enjoyed most everything about this Resort. We were so luck, where our stay was delightful and the staff accommodating. They seemed to be in tune to our needs. The desk was very responsive to all requests we made. However, there were two things we did not like about the resort.; the swimming pools were very cold and the western breakfast was everything other than a western breakfast style.

I loved everything about this hotel, the staff, the comfort...

The pool close early

I loved everything about this hotel, the staff, the comfort of the beds and the room and especially the location. The beach in front my chalet was clean and very nice. The resort is next to a shopping street which you can say is the heart of langkwai . We had a lot of fun walking and shopping and eating in that streat. All the water sports are near the hotel , dont use the hotel to book any of thsee sports as they will give you higher price , just walk to the street next to it and book from all the tourists agents

Steap prices for relaxing times
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We didn’t like the vegan options that much. It was limited. The beach side restaurant CBA had literally zero options. But there was one cook at the Spice market restaurant that did his best, although still limited. The CBA band was far TOO loud. I love music (go to concerts often). But it shouldn’t take over an entire area by sheer volume. Unfortunately the band wasn’t inspired or good either. They were bored. So we fled to other bars at the beach every night. Much cheaper too hehe. And last, the hospitality of the staff really depended on the person. Some were very nice, but there were a lot of grumpy people as well. This one time we asked if we could exchange something from the minibar for something that fit our diet, and there came a hard and loud: no. Just that. Weird for such an exclusive resort.

First of all, the location is perfect. The resort is beautiful, the beach is good for Langkawi, the pools are lovely and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Yes, we enjoyed our stay! And yes, it looked like on the pictures 😁

Enjoyable
    • Beach Front Family Room

Excellent stay.. However the beach now are not suitable for swimming, theres pillow tube install along the beach due to erosion. Other than that its a pleasent stay.

Suitable for family stay, spacious room, very relaxing place.Love the Burgers and Spagetti. Good room service.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

An idyllic setting and wonderful facilities.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facilities for showering and changing after check out could have been better.

The view from our apartment was spectacular. The pools were well staffed and clean. The Spa was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Upon arrival, Manager and Chef met us as we have special...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Room cleaning can be improved. Limited indoor activity for Adults and grown up children. It was cold and raining, we liked to switch off the aircon and use the fan instead. But the fan was horribly slow and they couldn't arrange a pedestal fan.

Upon arrival, Manager and Chef met us as we have special food request placed. Our special requests regarding food was taken care by the Chef very well. Buggy service was very nice. Pools were excellent. Pelangi-Spa was really good. Bed was comfortable. King size bed was comfortable for 3 of us. (2 adults +8yr old daughter).

Worth the bucks you pay for!
    • Beach Front Family Room

none!. Everything is perfect.

The staffs were very friendly and attentive. Very accommodative to our requests. Overall facilities of the resort is worth the price we pay for. Had a splendid time in the resort with my family.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Fully relaxed resort
    • Beach Front Family Room

- Beach and village are getting too crowded - Because everything is so relaxed you will not do anything on the island

+ Everything is perfect for a relax holiday after a long trip trough Malaysia + Breakfast is outstanding + Swimming pools are amazing + Ultra white sand on the beach

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I stayed for 4 days and it was beyond my expectations.
    • Beach Front Family Room

While it has a private beach, I saw a better maintained beaches abroad.

I stayed for 4 days and it was beyond my expectations. The scenery, pools, location, attentive staff, the beach ... etc. It was an excellent experience.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Overall good hotel, had a great time, good for family and friends too
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Busy at breakfast time, need faster service on egg omelets

Lovely location Enjoyed water sports Cbar restaurant is a great place to watch sundown Had great relaxing evenings on the beach

- Style of architecture
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overpriced for the facilities, i mentioned in my booking that it is my honeymoon but no compliment even with words , other hotels i stayed in Kuala or Penang made special compliments. I had to wait 30 minutes for bags car to come for check out, and at the end i had to pull my bags by my self to save time of more waiting.

- Style of architecture - Sea view ( but swimming is not very good as water is not clear)

There are many things that I really like but the most was...
    • Beach Front Family Room

It’s not me actually it was my wife she was afraid of the little lizard that was visiting our room 😜. They are doing pest control but I think they should double the effort because it’s open area with lots of trees and plants

There are many things that I really like but the most was the idea of the structure it is totally different than other resorts that are same as hotels.. the food was amazing I tried both restaurants it was great taste. Me and my family specially the kids they loved the place

Good but too much paid for the place
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool View

the payment procedure i pay the money total from my country when i reach the hotel they make me pay 15 RM for every night and deposit by 300 RM and its deducted from my account and on check out they make me pay for again for 10RM Taxes and a meal i took in my room even with the deposit and they said that the 300 RM will be returned to me and that didn't happened the place is near the airport but far from the city center the insects and mosquitos and small bats every were you cannot stay out your room after 7 p.m the value is too much on the place

yes but most the item is not for try

Beach front, room is BIG compared with other hotels.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Insects, Banglaws are far a way from LOBBY and very huge complex engh to get lost. Breakfast was not Reich with food variety.

Beach front, room is BIG compared with other hotels. Location is excellent, direct to the beach, close to restaurants and groceries....

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The Spice Market breakfast buffet was like entering a really...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

The Spice Market breakfast buffet was like entering a really busy zoo at feeding time. The staff had no organisation and were unsure of their roles. When clearing plates please ASK the guests (a).......can i take your plates away?...not all their plates (b).....engage in a bit of conversation.......the front of house looked disintereted and chefs who cooked eggs DO NOT LISTEN to the requests of the guests......yes the guests who pay alot of money to stay at Pelangi...... I rate this property 3 star and walking on the pathways around the property was dangerous......was constantly looking over my shoulder and hoping not to get floored by one of the buggies!!! 3 star resort and not 5 star......... Improvements are needed......

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Luxurious but you were paying for it!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

You were paying for the luxury! Some poor knowledge and communication of staff. Lack (little) of recognition of urgency eg for taxis to ensure timely departures for planned onward journeys. Also lack of clarity (and knowledge of staff about) available activities and potential impact of Eid on them. And that laundry wasn't free!

So luxurious. Super helpful friendly attentive staff. All the options - activities, food etc inc 24 hr room and laundry service. Amenities. Scenery - truly idyllic and beautiful! And tasty food esp loved cooking class. Enjoyable free walk/yoga class.

Amazing hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

AC was not perfect but it did the job

Location of the hotel is perfect, very near to the hotel and to the night market street The hotel beach and pool are amazing

Very relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

The sea water was abit cluttered and not as nice as in Tioman. It is more the white sandy beach than a beautiful snorkeling place.

This was Our last stop after a holiday in Malaysia. As such this was a real nice relaxing stay. Very friendly personel, good food, nice beach and pool. Lovely houses. We had a room with connecting doors for our family which was really nice

Fun packed holiday on a great family resort on a breathtakingly beautiful island
    • Beach Front Family Room

Breakfast was really overcrowded and not well managed (we visited in July - off season) Quality of food was ok but 10mins standing in line for an omelette or no fresh fruit available didn’t impress, especially given the daily cost. We found a lovely cafe a 10 minute walk away that did a super breakfast and cheaper (The Sitting Buffalo).

Great facilities for families, brilliant kids pools, kids club, bike hire, a highlight for my kids was feeding the goats and chickens on the little farm.

Nothing .
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overall it was a very bad experience. I came to this resort with full of hope that my stay will be unforgettable. Lot of hopes to become a sweet stay specially on my honeymoon time. Unfortunately, me and my wife were disappointed. We requested to do some decorations or any thing for this occasion and yet the resort did nothing. What it makes our stay worst was the location of the  room. It was at the end of resort facing a very ugly and smelly beach. The room was located at ground floor with lots of mosquitoes and fly insects. It was too expensive to what I got and face. I'm happy that we booked only one night otherwise we will leave to nearby resort. This will be the last time to stay at your resort and I'll not recommend it to anyone.

Nothing ...

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Beautiful hotel in the best location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

The buffet at the Spice restaurant is average. Food quality is nothing special for the price you pay, staff are not regularly checking if the food is running out. It's feels like an all you can eat buffet in an average restaurant. i would recommend the CBA restaurant with sea views instead - Good staff Irene working there with lots of customer service experience!

Beautiful hotel in the best location!

asking for our passport and went to isolated room ,
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

asking for our passport and went to isolated room , asking for credit card several time in very strange way , you will feel worry till getting checked in , no privacy at balcony side , not good for Muslims and them tradition , the walking way is at front of your balcony rest side people will come and make snaps ( snap chat) in the front of your room and you will be captured 🤬 a-lot of insect in the room( small and big size 😞) , even i been notified by them room catalog, but still not comfortable the Air conditioner was cold but very small cannot cover all the room areas especially the bed side , you need to open the sealing fan take care don’t drink any water except the bottled one

Location, service, cleanliness and facilities
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Food variety and quality... I think they need to revise their menus and options they provide in the breakfast and dinner buffets. I tried breakfast 7 times and dinner buffet 3 times and the room service 1 time... I can judge

Location, service, cleanliness and facilities

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

An Amazing Resort for Family
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Beach is cleaner than others located nearby in Cenang, but still could be "more" taken care of. Availability of transportation within the resort should be improved.

It's an amazing place for families and kids. And the breakfast is really great.

Well located hotel.
    • Pelangi Suite

Somehow limited options in the restaurants . Otherwise perfect

Well located hotel. One of the pioneers in the region as I learned. Still, the property is in very good condition . The staff is courteous and go the extra mile to make you feel at home . Very enjoyable time in paradisiac island

Great Beach Resort for a short trip
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Breakfast is below average, heavily influenced by eastern cuisines, which may be attractive to some extent. Capacity of restaurant is not enough, so every morning it is quite an adventure. The level of service is also not good enough for such a high-end hotel. In short, price value performance is poor.

Facilities, beach, pools, everything was great. Location is also so convenient just to go out for dinner or to stroll along the beach and town.

Excellent location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Excellent location. Their both pools, kids just loved it. Rooms are very spacious. Breakfast was very good. Overall excellent place to go and relax even with kids.

Perfect
    • Family Room

Pack of dogs running around the houses, barking.

Otherwise everithing was excellent, great service and room,very elegant and comfortable. We all loved it.

The environment, establishment, location, the beach, pool,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Everyday at noon, they were cutting trees in front of the rooms! If you think you are from europe and on jetlag, naturally you are still sleeping at that time and everyday waking up with construction work kind of noice is horrible at your holiday.

The environment, establishment, location, the beach, pool, massage at the spa, open buffet dinner and wifi was great.

9,7 points out of 10
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

there are some mosquitos after dusk.

We stayed at the hotel in the middle of May! The weather was sunny and warm, ideal for sunburning! Rains happens mostly at night and do not spoil the staying! We were delighted by the empty and beautiful beach with cute CBA restaurant on the shore! It offers great meals and beverages under reasonable prices! The territory of the hotel is incredibly splendid! Everywhere is clean and green! Breakfasts are perfect and rich! There is champagne for breakfast, that's marvelous! The room is wide and comfortable! We enjoyed ourselves!

Near the beach, clean!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Guest car park is far from the lobby Aircond isn’t going a great job (not cooling enough) Aircond leaking Too much mosquitoes and bugs at the balcony (hope that the resort will supply some spray or anything to spray the balcony) The lights in the balcony is BAD. Too dim barely see anything. Staffs are friendly and in manners however there’s one male staff which is not so polite, not sure is it because I’m a local so I deserve to be treated like that? Who knows :)

Near the beach, clean! Staffs are amazing! (But not everyone)

Great facility and experience with a beautiful beach and location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Booking was a hassle as additional couple arrived later and could not be put up nearby or booked under one card

Amazing breakfast with wide selections that made it a tasting experience

Staff, cleanliness location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Most of the beach was closed and it was very disappointing that the hotel doesn’t advise you of this long term project when booking. We didn’t realise some of the beach was still open until day 4! We had bats in our room from a hole in the eaves so had to move to the other side of the resort in the middle of the night!

Staff, cleanliness location

A beautiful, friendly and well maintained resort for family.
    • Family Room

The facilities, beautiful surrounding and cleanliness, friendliness and attentiveness of the staff and breakfast, all and all made my family had a wonderful vacation in Langkawi. This hotel is very family-friendly. It has spacious family room for 2 adults and 2 children, two clean and fun swimming pools, indoor activities at the leisure centre and not to mention the well maintained and lively animal farm! The staff were very attentive to us. The traditional design of wooden Malay house and decoration in the room give a warmth feeling everyday you come back from a full-day excursion around the island. The bathroom is very clean, new and spacious too. The bed linen and bath towel are clean. The location is very convenient, many good restaurants are within 5 to 15 mins walking distance along the street directly outside the entrance of the hotel. I am very happy to recommend this hotel to all who are planning to visit Langkawi for a relaxing vacation.

Don't think twice just book a stay in this paradise!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Nothing - this was perfect.

The Meritus Pelangi far exceeded our expectations in everyway! It is a beautiful and peaceful resort, the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The private beach was gorgeous, as was the Spa and breakfast. Excursions were organised with ease and were top quality. We loved our stay here and were very sad to leave!

Great location, close proximity to beach
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Restaurant poor and overpriced , ants in room , bats on two occasions in room, pool service was poor ( ice cream man never around , took long to get served at pool). Overall quality was ok but expected better quality for price paid

Great location, close proximity to beach

Great staff clean quiet comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

The menu and quality of food and snacks at the CBA bar need significant improvement. Table service to take orders from guests utilising banana lounges would be beneficial.

Close to the main section of town however the beach near the resort was quiet, magnificent clean beach. Walk approx 500m along the beach to participate in the many water sports on offer. A number of good restaurants along the beach front and many in the Main Street. Trip advisor is a great go to when looking for good restaurants. Buffet breakfast at the resort was very good, egg station chef was great remember guests orders from the previous day and this is a large resort. Breakfast greeters were very nice. House keeping staff are great room was always well maintained and staff very friendly. Grounds are well kept and the 2 large pools are very well maintained

Excellent beach side resort to stay in Langkawi.
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent beach side resort to stay in Langkawi. Swimming pool , sea view from room, sitting place in front of sea , sea side bar/restaurant was excellent.

Expensive, and worth it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

It is expensive. Worth it, though expensive.

This place is truly an amazing experience. The attachment to details and commitment to make the stay comfortable and relaxing is with no competition on Langkawi.

Very nice breakfast buffet, with dishes from all over the...
    • Beach Front Family Room

Very nice breakfast buffet, with dishes from all over the world. Liked the Asian section and the free flow champagne! The pools are amazing, huge and clean and with nice properties for (young) kids.

We really liked the hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

We really liked the hotel. Location is just perfect, literally two steps from the beach. Friendly staff, good service. It was our honeymoon and the hotel management took extra care of us. Thank you.

Beautiful wooden design with Malay kampung feel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Air con was not cooling enough on the first day but functioned well once room cooled down on 2nd day onwards.

Beautiful wooden design with Malay kampung feel. Staff were excellent due to their alertness and friendliness.

Amazing peacful vacation

Nothung to complain about

Best place ever for quiet vacation with family.. the landesape .. the greens the various veiws of nature everything was amazibg ... the pools were cleaned and beautifuls ad the beach is great for relaxong .. service were excelent and the staff are helpful and friendly ... the room is great and the accomidation is great .... location was great and very close to the malls and shops and restaurants.. we had a great time ... stunjing views cant complain about anything

A very pleasant and memorable family holiday. Excellent service, very helpful staff. Thank you !

My only complaint was that the entire amount was charged to my credit card prior to us even arriving. A deposit yes i would have expected but we were three families together, and it caused confusion for us as each family wanted to pay their own bill!

Staff were very friendly and accomodating. Food at buffet was excellent, with lots of variety. I travelled with my elderly parents and young children there was something for all ages. My parents loved the evening entertainment. They were so comfortabke at the resort that they did not leave for the entire stay!!

All over good properly..... Excellent location.....
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We reached the property at 06:00pm and our rooms are not available (ready)...... We have to wait for 1hour ..... THEY ARE CHARGE FOR DRINKING WATER 😟

Location & property

disappointed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

hotel very overpriced for what it offers, checkin staff are rude, took an hour to check in and after that we still had to wait almost more 2 hours to release the room, we missed our whole afternoon in that, the room was far from everything we had to walk a lot with two children, lots of mosquitoes, the food offered in the restaurants did not have many choices, the coffee in the morning is small without much variety, they do not accept a debit card, certainly will not be returning.

Room size, and swimming pool.

Ac was nt working properly and they tried to fix it twice and they didnt change the room!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Expensive. AC is noicy and not cold. No enough light in the room. Very old! I paid for lake view but they gave me partially small lake view!!

Good for a short family stay
    • Family Room

Mosquitoes were a huge problem in the room. Took us 30 mins to kill them to avoid being bitten. Prefer better block out blinds in the room. Room needs better lighting, it was very dark. Expected higher standards for a 5 star rating hotel.

Check in was quick, cold towel, tea and massage was a special touch. Staff was friendly. Nice family pool.

A great p;ace to stay with a nice beach
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Check in could have been a bit faster

The breakfast was excellent and the resort gardens beautiful. the beach was well maintained. the rooms were very comfortable and staff friendly

It was a good stay
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The right side of the beach had slum sand, while the other side was a bit with strong current. a major disappointment.

The staff, rooms, food, service. The pools were great.

I would not stay here again -
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden Terrace

Lack of bars and we had to check out earlier - they would not refund the difference - so became very very expensive The manager said to contact booking,com for a refund, and when I did that they kept passing the buck. The staff sould not speak clear English and were upselling meals an drink packages on arrival which was really off putting. I was with my daughter and they could not give us a twin room, just an overused camp bed

The location on the beach is perfect

The Resort is in very good location everything is near and...
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sometimes the bathroom have a bad smell and the water is yellow but not all the time.

The Resort is in very good location everything is near and around you. And it’s more for a family then for friends

Good
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Delayed the chick in The air condition was horrible There were no variety in breakfast menu

Our room was beach front and the view was amazing Location is just near by cenang mall and a lot of shops and restaurants

Really comfortable bed, view to the lake is relaxing, the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Breakfast is too busy, needs more place to enjoy a more relaxed morning.

Really comfortable bed, view to the lake is relaxing, the private beach is the nicest on Pentai Cenang, not noisy as the other with jet skis.

3 days 2 night stay at a beachfront room
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The check in experience was horrible as we waited for an hour after 3 pm and expats who came later got their rooms first, and the staff were not able to handle our questions on why the rooms took so long. We reached the room to find the housekeeping staff still in the rooms sweeping cobwebs. A formal complaint was lodged with the General Manager and they sent us wine and fruit of basket as a token of apology. The rooms and facilities need to be upgraded as the water pressure in the bathroom were slow and has a slight brown tinge to it. Perhaps a sign of rusts in the pipes. All in all, we've looked beyond the negatives of the resort, and find that the beach was beautiful with clear waters. Meritus needs to seriously relook into the total capacity of the place and revamp its check in process and improve its staff communication skills. Sad to see how this place changed from my first visit there.

Strategic location and beautiful architecture of the building

Beautiful relaxing family vacation on a wonderful island
    • Beach Front Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms on the second floor were too dark and with old carpets (we recommend the resort to re-furbish the second floors :-) make them brighter and keep just the wooden floor like downstairs). We had therefore to change to first floor which was then great - and the staff was very helpful in accommodating our request

The beach view and setup of the resort are fantastic.. Pool is great!

Great stay in Langkawi!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The room was very dim with not enough lights and almost no natural light whatsoever. The kids playing in the pool is a bit dated and does require some maintenance; nonetheless, it is still safe for children. The restaurants were slightly overcrowded, particularly for breakfast.

The room spacious and clean, while all of the staff at the hotel were courteous and friendly. The hotel situated within walking distance to Pantai Cenang and only a 15-minute drive from the airport. The pool area was fabulous for children with the slides, water games, etc.

Lovely relaxing resort with plenty of space to chill on a beautiful beach.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool View

Great place for families. Quite large, not so private for couples.

Lovely property on a beautiful stretch of beach, walking distance to town and cafes.

Browse Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort And Spa, Langkawi traveller photo gallery