Reviews of Palace of the Golden Horses 5 stars

Jalan Kuda Emas, Mines Resort City, Seri Kembangan, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#14 of 26 hotels in Seri Kembangan

i like the varietiness of horses!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

please vacum the room carpet and make sure the furnitures are dust-free.

the stafs are very friendly and very helpful (the security manager Mr. Sara and the team - bell boys/receptionist) . The interior design of this property is very luxury, beautiful and estetic. my family (from Penang) and i loves to take a picture in every corner! suitable to rest in a piece of mind, and for those who looking for privacy n quite area, Plus, it not so far from KL town.

Staff were very accommodating.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Pool was dirty, lake facing bedrooms still face highway and all the noise that comes with it. Balcony door could not be locked. Carpet with splotches

Staff were very accommodating. Overall room was clean.

Design & environment so freedom
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very tension..when the staff bell my door room too many time in the morning just want to pass a piece of paper that notice permis "got hot water?!" Nonsense! Usually it just take under my door. Am stayed for 2 nite..The room card used for lif also but the 2nd day cannot used need me going up..walk to reception with my shopping bags just for renew for lif going up ??! Is it 5star hotel level ? Just 2 towel without towel for hair So worse..?!! Many 5star hotel am goin in but this 1st time i get like this..hmm..frust

Design & environment so freedom

We would Stay there again though not for as long as we did because of howfar from the city
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cleaning of our room was a bit hit and miss. The bathroom was cleaned but the floor not washed. There was a puddle from the “bum gun” dripping. The fridge was a bit smelly so we didn’t leave anything that was open in there.

The staff were all friendly and couldn’t do enough. The free shuttle into the city was great but there was to long between shuttles. We went into the city on the 10am shuttle then could only return on the shuttle at either 3 pm or 9 pm. The train stations were not easy to get to and a cab was needed to get to either of the stations. The water taxi across the lake was sensational. Mir would stop so we could take photos and he would point out the wild life for us. The water taxi was 12RM each way and ran from 8am to 7 pm. There was no time table, you just showed up to the dock and the driver would give you a number to call for when you wanted to come back. The taxi went to a shopping centre that had an amazing food selection and shopping was good. The hotel has 3 restaurants and a cafe. Do not get a coffee from the cafe, it’s just cheap coffee labeled as latte or whatever you have ordered. The restaurant just down from the cafe was well priced and the staff were very attentive. It was mentioned that it was our anniversary and they surprised us with a huge slab of cake. The grounds of the hotel are sensational and the pool looked like a lot of fun though we didn’t use it. We asked for extra coffee etc once and each day we had a heap left for us. The bed was massive and the 2 of slept well every night. Pillows big and lush. Free toiletries topped up every day.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

They received my package on my behalf.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in need of major refurbishment . Maintenance need to be done. There were a lot of stains in the toilet, on the carpets. Also upon checking out, I realised that the hotel charged me double. Tried calling to resolve this by calling in but nobody picked up the phone. Ultimately in the end, I just had to call the bank to lodge the dispute. I am a very dissapointed customer. If given a choice I will never come back again.

They received my package on my behalf. People in general is helpful. Customer service is quite good too

i really hated that they ignored our calls for cleaning for the whole stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

we called for the room cleaning more than 3 times and we leave the room and come back is still dirty everytime we call them for cleaning they never come

bed are comfy breakfast is nice

Never going back..worst experiance ever

Unexperianced staff...a lot of mistakes... not polite front disk staff.. smelly room... check in time is at 3 stricktly... have to stay for 30 mins on chick in disk + waiting an hours for the queue... gave us wrong room They come to your table to tell u that the time for breakfast is finshed to eat and get out

Comfortable room and beds ... good value of money

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The scenery
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1)The water boiler need to be clean by the staff as inside the boiler got rust. 2)The carpet also, please do more cleaning and consider muslims traveler to do prayer with clean floor. 3) Provide more breakfast menu. 4) consider disable traveler because lift is not located at all building, need to walk far to get the lift

The scenery

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The toilet was broken told them but no use!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The toilet was broken told them but no use!! And the breakfast it's very far from our room no one told as the place. The didn't keep ready for our honeymoon and I paid for that

Beautiful place.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Waited for clean towel for abt 45min.. as it was not provided when i checked in. Basement parking has suuficient spot BUT to get out from thr was a merry go round.. it took me a while to find the gate out.

Beautiful place.. excellent breakfast!!

Pleasant stay, worth the money ✨ Will definitely come again.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The minibar wasn't available in my room. The hotel location is quite far from shops. The swimming pool was big but need attention (rusty tables and chairs).

The price was cheap despite the luxurious room and ambience. Room was spacious with great view. Clean towels and bedsheets. The bathroom was big and luxurious. The staffs were nice. A lot of parking available with easy access to the room. There were even special parking spaces for ladies. Smooth check in and check out.

Sweet experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Iron given was not functioning and the replacement was extremely late. Follow calls to House keeping was not attended

My room was upgraded without any charges

Awesome stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The area should be a bit friendly as we tried to do a night walk unfortunately it was quite dark.

It was a good place to stay and have meetings, the breakfast was superb with big array of choices!! Keep it up

Garden area outside is impressive
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Furniture is very old. No safe boxes. Iron and iron board not a available. Breakfast need to look thoroughly in terms of variety and quality. As a hotelier - its below standard.

Garden area outside is impressive

Fantastic
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Gym was excellent but would help if there is a trainer to make the place more professional. The facilities otherwise were good Ambience was excellent and peaceful environment for relaxation and peace

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Not satisfactory
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Old hotel equipments,some weary and breaking up,some defunct,morning breakfast has no food varieties,tasteless food not worth it for the amount we paid,also not much of tv channels provided

So so
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff is suck, event did not provide any towels until 10 pm. I had to call the FO to complain.. and they seem not so care, because I have to wait an hour to take a shower.

The location is great, near to bukit jalil

Large hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Maintanance is too noisy. Before go roam make conform it’s far away from noises Breakfast not variety. They promise to change noisy roam but no one call me. So I take all my luggage again and went to reception to change the roam. Finally got it. Gym is very old should be replace all equipment

Large hotel. The Mines Mall is near . Swimming pool

Worst ever
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beds are rotten. Hotel located in front ofbthe highway and there is no double window. Really old hotel . Not enough staff and not really responsive.

Good but not satisfy enough...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Where are they hide the fridge?

The bed was comfy... but no fridge... i choose the hotel bcz thought 5 star hotel will provid3 fridge... maybe because fair rate via boooing, the room is not including the fridge... how disappointed.

Never again!
    • Minister Suite

Served old food of the day before at the breakfast, e.g. Ld chicken-legs. Small variety of food at the breakfast, e.g. ONE sort of juice, only (cheap orange juice). Low-class service staff there. Slowest reception ever.

Micely built - now wrotten

The entire place was awesome, feels like your're in a...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pillows and bed sheets were a bit dirty. And the response from the reception over the phone were very slow and we have to call 3x to remind them our request.

The entire place was awesome, feels like your're in a real palace and in the museum and all staff were nice and courteous.

Lokasi
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Check-in process need to be speed up I always request to stay in West Wing, but when I arrive in the check in counter, the staff did not take care my request

Lokasi

Old fashioned hotel with international guests, especially...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Far away from KL city. The breakfast buffet was that of a 3star hotel. In comparison to 2 years ago, there was only one third of the food choice, e.g. orange juice, only (2 years ago: 5 different juices). They served old food of the day before: A chicken leg with hard old meat caused me health problems that I had to contact the doctor. In addition, the staff at the breakfast restaurant was haughty and lazy. The reception was working as slowly as 2 years before. There is no late check-out ("we never give late check-out"). 12 o'clock - that's it, although I had booked the minister suite as next (changing the room). In the,whole hotel, there are no electric plugs beside the bed...

Old fashioned hotel with international guests, especially many from China

Not worth the money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room balcony was dirty, I assume it was not clean for quite some time There were no towels provided in the room at time of check-in, I have called the room service to send the towels Stained room carpets Not well maintained hotel environment, as I had to walk through thick grassy area to get to the swimming pool Not so many varieties in breakfast Not worth the money, as can get other best hotels for the same or cheaper price I felt like I have paid just for the ‘bombastic hotel name’- totally worthless

Friendly staff Spacious room

Spacious lobby and wide area
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Cleanliness and maintenance is poor and below par for a 5-Star hotel. Need to change room due to ceiling paint falling apart one corner of the room and the bidet water unable to stop after flush.

Spacious lobby and wide area

value for money to stay but for others ...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

quite far from other amenities esp entertainment wonderland nearby closed down

alot of horses pictures and portrait in the lobby and a golden chariot with 8 horses at the hotel entrance roundabout but room was a little bit round down cabinet with patches of paint came off

Fair
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I checked in around 1.30 am due to flight delay and really looking forward for a good services from the hotel but instead of that we was given an occupied room. Very frustrated..

Nice on the outside, rotten inside.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was given a room which was not even ready; there were no bath towels, no hand or face towels, no toilet paper, no shower-head, no slippers and the kettle was faulty. I rushed out right after check-in and returned late night only to be kept waiting for 35 mins to receive my towels. I could not shower without towels! I lodged a complaint to the receptionist who just could not solve my woes. I wanted to speak to the night duty manager only to get totally ignored. Frustrated I spoke to the manager in the day, Ms Rani, who tried to appease me by giving me an upgrade to a suite. She said she would leave a note to indicate the upgrade when I return that night. As expected, I was fooled by her. I demanded to speak to the night duty manager and while he did changed a room for me, it was another room of the same size. It is as good as saying I have lied. However he had offered me free buffet breakfast till the end of my stay. We have booked 3 nights. My wife went for the breakfast on the day of check-out, it was not nice too. Nevermind. I just had enough. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Very old property, don’t be fooled by the photos. - I have been transferred to three different rooms due to A/C problem - not cooling at all. - cockroaches in rooms and ants all over the buffet. - same breakfast buffet everyday. - poor maintenance. - very poor room service.

Well, worth the money but don't put too much expectations
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- I came around 4 pm and was told that my room was not ready. - Swimming pool was dirty - Mini bar did not function - One of the lamps in my room was broken - Requested for one extra bath towel, but it took them forever to give. I went straight to the housekeeping but he gave me face towel because they said they ran out of bath towel ?!

- I got upgraded room - Breakfast - Front line Customer service

My room had been opened by somebody while i was sleeping.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

My room had been opened by somebody while i was sleeping. It happened twice. I’m not sure how it happen. I packed my bag and check out after the incident because I didn’t feel safe.

The furniture are very luxurious
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Too little choices of food for breakfast .it didnt reflect a 5 star hotel at all. The room that i booked through booking .com was very far away..and the basement parking too is very far from the lobby. I had to use vallet parking.

The furniture are very luxurious

I enjoyed my stay in here.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I cud see the staff n the manager had tried their level best to fulfill customers need. As to my last minute requisition of a complimentary cake, they managed to provide a slice of a simple decorated cheese cake to be sent to my room for my best friend's birthday. Although it was just a slice, but for me, it's not the quantity that counts. It's the effort that shown. Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.

Not worth the money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lights in the room weren’t working properly Room given was wrong, had to wait awhile to change it. RM200 just for an early check in? Staff wasn’t the friendliest. Lift had issues at times. Only 1 room card was given, makes it very hard for people coming in with a group. Especially since you need to have the room pass to use the room. Breakfast was mediocre, very few selections, breakfast chicken very tough. Alot of unnecessary furniture which can be instead used for Guests to hang around or be served as entertainment purposes. Feels more like a museum than a hotel.

The bed was comfortable, the location was ideal for Taxi Drivers to find it. Room was cold enough.

Extremely bad
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly and rude staffs. They kicked out my guests (reporter from Singapore newspaper) even they’ve notified twice that my guests will be late for check-out.

At the first place I booked lake view room, but they give...
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

At the first place I booked lake view room, but they give non lake view room, so I did called reception to change my room, but non of them updating me back.I have to go down all the way from the room to reception.I’m asking an extra bed once I did full payment during check in and I call them to sent it over at 10:30pm.but we waited 2 hours for the extra bed and the staff didn’t say anything nor apologies! Asked maintenance staff to come over to check on table lamp because it’s not working, I’ve been calling twice but end up nobody shows up! Parking ticket also problematic,we were running up and down from parking to counter. Very disappointed with the services given and this hotel shouldn’t rate as 5 star.

Not recommended at all
    • Dignitary Floor Deluxe Lakeview

The hotel was way below our expectations. The pictures of the hotel were not as reality. The service was so poor for a five star hotel, and the hotel and rooms are neglected withh no maintenance. The fridge was not working nor did the phone, and takes half an hour for the reception to get what you want. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone at all!

I loved the Chinese restaurant at the hotel.

We love the design of the hotel and the pool very much but have poor experience with the staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff at the counter are very unprofesional and it took almost 1 hour to check in. Perhaps they have problems withe their system. I booked three room but they found only 2 rooms. I have proof with booking.com yet they don't appologise for their mistakes. They don't over seat or drink while waiting. I'm travelling with 4 months toddler. The hotel looks like very poor in maintenance.The bath tub in our three rooms were not functioning. One of the flush also not functioning and one of the bed is almost broken.We did call for maintenance but they send us an impolite staff. They should train their staff on how to deal with customers! They don't have extra room for exchange. In the afternoon we want to use their free shuttle to Mines but it os unavailable. At night we experience flying mosquito till morning. In the morning we have enough food for breakfast but less tasty and limited choices of food.

The room is very spacious with a large bed and the architecture of the building is amazing. The pool is very nice and we have a great time swimming there.

not happy at all..
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

the rooms are very dusty and my husband is allergic to dust.. have to request to change to another room which is slightly better than the earlier I need but still dusty.. the carpets in the room is dirty.. for a 5 start hotel I did not expect for this kind of room.. air condition is really really BAD..

not worth of money

Comfortable for a gateway traveller
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The check in process especially during the peak hours. Its a bit slow in term of comfirming the registration. Please increase the number of staff involved otherwise customer may experience the long que.

The breakfast is good even though its lack in the number of varities. But the food is good.

In general we all enjoyed our stay.

Nothing to mention

I chose the hotel id due to my graduation ceremony being held there, Liked the environment, the lake. I did like the friendliness service provided by the hotel staffs on Ms Rani duty manager especially.

80B 20G
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1. Not clean esp room coridors, doors and toilet 2. Not friendly front desk and room service 3. Bad experience with no hot water in washroom 4. Bad experience the phone was not functioning 5. Bad experience waiting technicians more than 45min even made 2 phone calls the next day. 6. Parking lots very dirty and lot unwanted things stored here and there. 7. Lot drinking glasses in reception area was left unclean and not collected 8. Rooms with poor lighting I never expect this from a 5star hotel!!! Really waste of money!!! Maybe one time you reached tht high level and its not maintained properly now... pls improve your system. Really disappointed with your hotel!!!

Grand look..spacious..attractive..

• Double or Twin Room with Lake View

They gave us different room. We booked and paid for lake view room; unfortunately, we stayed on the other sides without noticed us earlier due to full house on our arrival.

i will not stay or booked this hotel again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

poor service at the reception... que for almost 30 minute for check in... wait for another 1 hour to get the rooms which i have already booked 2 days earlier.. unable to meet my request for connected room nor side by side or near... i booked 3 rooms but 1 of the room the bath tub spoil/broken... breakfast also not up to the 4 or 5 star standard.. might as well i booked a cheap hotel such as Ibis which is served the same breakfast... it was a disaster holiday for my family..

only the structure and the stylish deco...

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The room and bedroom size is large
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It took so long for me to check in the hotel because of the room is not yet ready, but I was check in around 3.30pm while the check in time is 2.00pm. And it took almost an hour by standing in front of the receptionist to check available room manually by using paper. The cleanliness of the hotel is not much even though i saw housekeeping working from morning till late evening. The smell of carpets is like wet carpet and uncomfortable. It looks like it never change or good caring before. The lighting in the corridor is so dim at day and night, and so scary for me to walk along in the night. Plus the distance from my room to the lift is quite far. The food that they're offering is so expensive and way far from delicious. The tv channel provided is very limited and not clear at all. Like no use for me to watch the tv. Even worst, this so called 5 star hotel with grand lobby and god scale, but no wi-fi. The price that they're offering should be lower with their lacking services. I hope that management will do something to upgrade this hotel rather than just leave it like to he spooky and scary hotel.

The room and bedroom size is large

not a great place anymore
    • Executive Suite

this hotel suppose is one of the prestige and luxury resort. But can see that this hotel has lost their shine. They should refurbish their accommodation, get the new looks. the card was not working and i have to go to the reception in the middle of night to reactivate but still it won't work. i have knocked the door in order for me to come in. luckily my friends were in the room. on the day i checked out, after the payment i asked for the official receipt, but the receptionist didn't want to give me and tell me they will email the receipt. but i have never get it and i lost my opportunity to claim my benefit from my company since i stay there for the company event.

the breakfast was moderate but very good.

- staff are very friendly
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- there's a lot of ants in my room (especially in corner of the bath room where eventually some crawl onto my bed!)

- staff are very friendly - good decoration of the building - big space in the room

Very unpleasant service and stay
    • Flexi Package - Dignitary Floor Deluxe

horrible service and staffs are not aware of their facilities and been pushed around. Did not provide as what they promise in booking.com. Very disappointed with the manager as they can’t accompdate to our needs, room bell was not working and no hot water. We ordered room service and upon exit they said nothing is outstanding and I said no we order food and haven’t paid old check and the response I get I don’t see anything in my system. They called me couple of days later asking for payment... so silly...

Nothing, very unpleasant stay

Ok..enjoy the walk...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms need to renovated as furniture looks old.. Charged rm340 instead of rm292 as per booking.

Environment is good. Cosy place but room need upgrading.

Was ok
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

1- The slowness in processing 2- No Bathrobes 3- SHampoos and gels are bad plastic and no able to squeese 4- The GRMS is a wreck and not functioning, even buttons all worn out 5- Maintenance is needed for SHower door 6- No bell boy to take luggage. we had to carry all ourselves all the way to parking 7- We had to check out early and we could not take our breakfast although we have Paid for it.

The art works Food is good Property architecture is very unique and attractive you can take hundreds of amazing photos

the stay was okay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

toilets for common use are dirty. being a luxurious hotel, believe the hotel should have more facilities. the swimming pool does not look very clean

we really like our hotel rooms as the space were spacious and luxurious.

Dusty and humid air circulation
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

I book two rooms with lake side view with a higher price but my room is small and not value for money. view is not lake side but the toll and road view. This is bad as the reservation center doesn’t reserve prepare room in advance.

The whole hotel is getting run down and there’s crocoach in the room.

I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. The 5 * rating should be downgraded to 3*
    • Flexi Package - Dignitary Floor Deluxe

I HAD TO CHANGE ROOMS 3 TIMES WITHIN 12 HOURS!!! No lights, no hot water, no entrance lights, master control did not worked, kettle leaked, dust coating some of the things in the room, lousy breakfast, waiters didn't clear away plates, no bellboy to help with luggage. The reception was understaffed. Calls to the operator went unanswered most times. Maintenance was terrible. I reported the faults at 1 pm and it was past midnight before they came. The hotel is in a very bad state.

The first 2 mornings, we were given breakfast at the outlet meant for the tour guides and tour agents, there were no cereals, no selection of bread, very basic stuff that even B&B hotel will put you to shame.

i love the koteow goreng.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

First thing i've checked was the bathroom. The toilet seat is very dirty and was not clean. Obviously was used before I enter the room. The furniture is very old and major renovations need to be prioritize. For 5 star hotel, the cleanliness should be highly considered. The breakfast was mediocore for 5 star hotel. However, for the purpose of event or function, they can serve nice view and spacious.

i love the koteow goreng. All food are satisfying for 4 star, not 5 star.

General ambience of the hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Inefficient and ineffective staff. I booked adjourning rooms, i checked in at 4pm but only one room was ready, then staff claimed that he slipped through the door at 5pm while I already told reception upfront that I will not be in the room until 6pm, and checked numerously if Room was ready. When I get back to room at 7pm, I couldn’t access with the key slipped through my door, I dialled “0” for help service thrice, and they said they will send someone up, and I told them I would be waiting outside at the corridor, after 15mins, no sign of help, I went down to counter to ask again if they are sending someone to help me with the key, this receptionist just did some tapping to key in/ register the card info, and finally I could access the room. HALF DAY was gone. All the hassle could have been avoided if staff told me that I need to go counter to reset key info.

General ambience of the hotel

1. Late check in at around 5.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1. Late check in at around 5.30 pm 2. Room smelly carpet 3. Phone room not function 4. Freezer not function , promised by duty manager to replace but until the end no call no sorry 5. Breakfast at 9 am, all food finish and limited selection, totally not worth it.

Will not come back again !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is quite old, but the facilities were not well maintained. Our room toilet floor was uneven causing it to flood regularly. Minibar broken. TV as well.The breakfast menu was not of 5 star standard.

I still had a pleasant stay but I wish none would experience similar checking-in process like mine
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was my worst checking in experience so far as I had to wait for hours to get my room although I'd already registered at 1.45pm. I came at 3pm but my room wasn't ready. I'd a terrible stomach ache which I couldn't bear. I'd no choice but to keep waiting and standing in front of the counter. Finally, room was ready at 5.15p.m with only 1 access card given to me. I was really disappointed with all the staffs on duty as they were remain "calm and quite".

Spacious room, comfy bed, swimming pool

Somewhat good

Receptionist staff needs professional work. I thank Fatima for having cockroaches inside the rooms

The location is also good for the hotel character and the design is good. Breakfast was also varied but the hotel still had to have a variety of rooms especially for the family

With the 5 star review is not match with their service, kettle, telephone and iron is not function
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very poor service and all the staff wasn't friendly. Check in time suppose 3pm but I got the room at 6.30 pm with many guest also waited there for their room and some of them left with their baby due to waited for so long

Room and bed is big

Nice place with bad staff and service
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The problem with staff and service The girls in Reciption don't smile and welcome guests professionally Also they don't explain to me the hotel facilities, they just gave me the card and said ok go your room and even no body take us to the room we ask her and there until reaching the room It doesn't deserve even 3 stars with that unprofessional staff and bad housekeeping service. At Booking.com they claim that they have a free boat to the shopping mall . I found that it's not free you have to pay 12 mr for each person, the worse they don't accept less than five people so I have to pay for 5 people 60 mr to take a less than 10 minutes even if you are only a couple! I had faced a fraud from one of the resptionist , she tried to keep silent in order to theef my deposit. The story started from check in i was going to give deposit by visa but she said no we need cash. She didn't give a reciet for that deposit it might be issued but not given to me! Then when I gave her the room card during check out she checked the system and said ok good bye😳 I asked her what about my deposit , she got nervous and said in unprofessional way , you didn't bring the reciet so how to give you . I got shocked and I told her I don't remember you give me during check in then she said it's your mistake. Where am I? Is this a 5 stars hotel?!l

The location and hotel design

An interesting weekend trip & location to Welcome a Visitor for Sight Seeing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lack of Service Staff to look after Hotel Guests. Reception Lounge is very impressive but there is NO single Chair or rest area for tired travelers to sit down for a rest or wait for friends to pick them up.

The Hotel itself is a place of interest for anyone to visit to look around. There are enough places of interest to sight and will certainly be great for a photographer. A long weekend holiday will be ideal for family with children. The boat ride to the Mines for shopping is fun.Lack of sufficient Service Staff

The hotel was nice when it built but now everything looks downgrade, old. Staffs are terribble!!!
    • Dignitary Floor Deluxe Lakeview

Staff at 24h international restaurant were terrible! We ordered some easy meal icluded Hainan chicken rice at 22:40, we waitedfor chicken rice for about 50 minutes and no waiters came to our table. We had to go to seek a waiters. Twice we asked them where is our Hainan chocken rice, they didn't say anything and gone, continue to serve other tables. We waited 10- 15 minutes each time but had no information on if we will get our ordered chicken rice? At the end we stood up and went to the cassier to pay and complained about it. The waiter at the cassier said sorry to us and promised to bring ordered chicken rice to our room. After 1 more hour, they did bring Hainan chicken rice to our room at 1am in the morning!!!!???? Another night at 1am in the morning I wake up due to a noisy and loud conversation right at the door of our room. When I opened the door, I couldnot believe in my eyes: just 2 room cleaning staff talking with each other during working (preparing to clean another room). And they claimed this is 6 star hotel??? Not talking about another nights when the chinese tourist group check in at 1-2 am in the morning!!! I wake up also but it was understandable! :-)

The whole building looks good, but old

There was a confusion on prepayment and payment
    • Flexi Package - Dignitary Floor Deluxe

There was a confusion on prepayment and payment For the company credit card . Not satisfied the way the front staff dealt with it. Didn't feel the caring and the magic of the Palace

The hotel is disappointing Breakfast is tasteless and a misnomer. The staff are nice though
    • Flexi Package - Dignitary Floor Deluxe

The room looks old and low-class quality. When things break down they come immediately but cannot fix it. We got to chane the room, Another thing breaks down. Again they came at once but said sorry for not being able to fix it. They offered another change. Tired and disappointed, we stayed in a room with a bathtub full of water where fat mosquitoes landing around. Water was dripping all night. (The button to flush the bathtub water was broken). We did nit gercwhar we paid for

The lobby looks good

Horrible experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing refer to the above

Nothing horrible place service is terrible reception staff are so rude especially the night indian staff so rude to customer and so arrogant

Needs a lot of work
    • Executive Suite

There was maintenance in the hotel. There was a little inconvenience to the room, and the room was replaced by another one, which is not recommended in the present time, so that he can finish the maintenance of the hotel. Thank you.

it's OK

Once but not again
    • Executive Suite

The opening hours of the restaurants at the hotel were extremely limited hours. The hotel is def way past its prime. Signs were everywhere. The room -carpets stained and musky -furniture and amenities need to be changed -matress was extremely soft -bedding, curtains etc need to be changed -paint on ceiling, walls etc were peeling -balls of dust behind tv cabinet -not all electrical plugs were working Room service doesn't always pick up your calls when you most need it

The staff tried their best to be professional and it made up for the clearly falling apart property.

A great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone
    • Executive Suite

The chicken puff was very dry and flakey with hardly any filling

We were upgraded to a suite and it was fabulous. The bed was super comfortable. The staff were polite, helpful and friendly right down to the policeman who were scanning the bags in the lobby.

the smell of the carpets need to be taken care of aswell as...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the smell of the carpets need to be taken care of aswell as the hotel is outdated and needs to be revamped . Its not a bad hotel to stay at , just very average

Nothing, it is aged hotel not worthy to stay there.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Two night like a nightmare. It is aged hotel. Need lots of work to make it for human to stay. Maybe it is good for horses now . I will never think about going there again

Nothing, it is aged hotel not worthy to stay there.

Fair place to stay out of busy lifestyle.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It would have been better if they checked on the cleanliness of the room and there were few table lamps which wasn't functioning; it was difficult especially at night. We found out that the bed sheet was also dirty and the maintenance of the room was quite poor.

We really loved the size of the room and bathroom. The view from our room was breathtaking and the staffs were very friendly. Very quiet and a place to relax; we can release tension from our busy lifestyle.

Check in took forever.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

First room was disgusting, mouldy black stained carpets, dirty bathroom walls, door was even falling apart. Sofa had holes in it, you couldn't even sell it in a second hand shop it was so worn dirty and old. To top it off, cockroaches everywhere. Big ones too. Obviously we complained, so second night we were upgraded to a vip room and it was heaven. Like a dream, clean luxurious, even sounds of the artificial waterfall calming through the balcony window. Cable TV perfect for watching the Wimbledon finals. Level 3 stay away, level 4 heaven.

Check in took forever. When you arrive tired from travelling, hassle free check-in is appreciated. Staff took forever like they had nothing else better to do.

The room is really clean and well maintain
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They should have more staff at the reception. I feel sorry to see a staff alone to do all the work there without help. And House Guests keep waiting there.

The room is really clean and well maintain